R.B.G. Passes

19,174 Views | 209 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bearister
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks said:

OaktownBear said:

Cal88 said:

OaktownBear said:

Cal88 said:

Matthew Patel said:

OdontoBear66 said:

Matthew Patel said:

OdontoBear66 said:

Matthew Patel said:

OdontoBear66 said:

Google and read what Notre Dame professors of law say about Amy Coney Barrett. She is multi dimensional despite what the Dems will try to craft. She is the total package, not only as a person but as an educator and jurist. She knows full well what is coming. The only concern I have with the ramifications of Roe v. Wade I have are that we must keep that a woman's choice, but late term abortions areoung the nine month mark are absurd. Get your sh++ together before that.
Late term abortions are the biggest straw man of all time
Straw man or not I would fight for R v. W but at the same time fight against late term abortions. R v. W ain't going anywhere, anyhow.
I dare you to find me statistics on late term abortions in this country
Not needed
Cause they ain't there. Cause it's not an issue.

8 unarmed Black men killed by the police in 2019 is a huge issue, but 5,597 late term (>21 weeks) abortions performed in the US is not an issue...

Did you even read the article or even have a basic understanding of pregnancy?

Pregnancy is 40 weeks. 21 weeks is no one's definition of late term. It said in the article that it isn't defined as late term. It merely said that there are only that many abortions 21 weeks or later. Late term abortions are a small subset of that small subset. And almost all of those are for health reasons.
Late term abortions are "a small subset of a small subset" of a huge number, nearly 1 million/year, numbering in the low hundreds per year. At least half of these are not for health reasons.

Quote:

This is not to say that late-term abortions in these countries are only conducted for health issues. Limited data from Australia suggest about half of late-term abortions there are for reasons other than fetal health or maternal physical health.

The increasing numbers of late-term abortions are accompanied in several countries (including Australia, Canada, Italy, Norway, the United Kingdom, and the United States) by increasing cases where the baby is delivered alive after the abortion and then either left to die or actively killed. This is why late-term abortions are increasingly identified as a human rights issue on behalf of the unborn child
http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/abortion/late_term_abortion_usa.html

Quote:

The problem is that anti abortion activists won't believe that people are having a medical emergency. No one goes through 40 weeks of pregnancy because they couldn't be bothered to call an Uber to get to the clinic
Once again, you are being presumptuous here. Only half of the third trimester abortions are done for health reasons, and that proportion and overall numbers are likely to go up as restrictions on partial birth/late third trimester abortions are being lifted in many countries.

I used to be more on the side of "pro-choice" but the current political climate with the push to normalize late term/live birth abortions is a bit troubling.
Once again, you show what bullshyte you are willing to read.

This is a self published "study" (in other words, he wrote a bunch of bullshyte and posted it on a website), by a physicist with no expertise in the subject who is pro-life and hasn't distinguished himself in anything. It is hilarious how often you guys use supposed experts in one field as a source for a completely different field because you can't get statistics from actual experts to say what you want.
The only hurdle that matters to him is that it agrees with his narrative. There is no step 2 in Cal88's qualification analysis. Cherry-picking is his first, last and only step.
I'll just re-post my findings on some claims he made about climate-change articles in Time Magazine that turned out to be total lies.

https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/94223/replies/1725134
AunBear89
Unit2Sucks said:

OaktownBear said:

Cal88 said:

OaktownBear said:

Cal88 said:

Matthew Patel said:

OdontoBear66 said:

Matthew Patel said:

OdontoBear66 said:

Matthew Patel said:

OdontoBear66 said:

Google and read what Notre Dame professors of law say about Amy Coney Barrett. She is multi dimensional despite what the Dems will try to craft. She is the total package, not only as a person but as an educator and jurist. She knows full well what is coming. The only concern I have with the ramifications of Roe v. Wade I have are that we must keep that a woman's choice, but late term abortions areoung the nine month mark are absurd. Get your sh++ together before that.
Late term abortions are the biggest straw man of all time
Straw man or not I would fight for R v. W but at the same time fight against late term abortions. R v. W ain't going anywhere, anyhow.
I dare you to find me statistics on late term abortions in this country
Not needed
Cause they ain't there. Cause it's not an issue.

8 unarmed Black men killed by the police in 2019 is a huge issue, but 5,597 late term (>21 weeks) abortions performed in the US is not an issue...

Did you even read the article or even have a basic understanding of pregnancy?

Pregnancy is 40 weeks. 21 weeks is no one's definition of late term. It said in the article that it isn't defined as late term. It merely said that there are only that many abortions 21 weeks or later. Late term abortions are a small subset of that small subset. And almost all of those are for health reasons.
Late term abortions are "a small subset of a small subset" of a huge number, nearly 1 million/year, numbering in the low hundreds per year. At least half of these are not for health reasons.

Quote:

This is not to say that late-term abortions in these countries are only conducted for health issues. Limited data from Australia suggest about half of late-term abortions there are for reasons other than fetal health or maternal physical health.

The increasing numbers of late-term abortions are accompanied in several countries (including Australia, Canada, Italy, Norway, the United Kingdom, and the United States) by increasing cases where the baby is delivered alive after the abortion and then either left to die or actively killed. This is why late-term abortions are increasingly identified as a human rights issue on behalf of the unborn child
http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/abortion/late_term_abortion_usa.html

Quote:

The problem is that anti abortion activists won't believe that people are having a medical emergency. No one goes through 40 weeks of pregnancy because they couldn't be bothered to call an Uber to get to the clinic
Once again, you are being presumptuous here. Only half of the third trimester abortions are done for health reasons, and that proportion and overall numbers are likely to go up as restrictions on partial birth/late third trimester abortions are being lifted in many countries.

I used to be more on the side of "pro-choice" but the current political climate with the push to normalize late term/live birth abortions is a bit troubling.
Once again, you show what bullshyte you are willing to read.

This is a self published "study" (in other words, he wrote a bunch of bullshyte and posted it on a website), by a physicist with no expertise in the subject who is pro-life and hasn't distinguished himself in anything. It is hilarious how often you guys use supposed experts in one field as a source for a completely different field because you can't get statistics from actual experts to say what you want.
The only hurdle that matters to him is that it agrees with his narrative. There is no step 2 in Cal88's qualification analysis. Cherry-picking is his first, last and only step.

It's not limited to 88. It's the MO for all Righteous Righties trying to support their claims. They go for the very first thing they find that supports their own opinions. They don't care if it's an opinion piece on a right wing thin tank website or a discredited poll/report/ analysis - if it agrees with them, it must be true!
Unit2Sucks
There is no bar of honesty or credibility too low for Trump's press secretaries to fail to clear.

joe amos yaks
They likely do not know the difference, but they need to be called on their "honest mistake".

Rhodes College is an outstanding liberal arts college ... one of the best in the US ... with a beautiful campus.

Does Rhodes have a "really incredible" football team? Do the Lynx play Presbyterian or Penn?
bearlyamazing
Unit2Sucks said:

There is no bar of honesty or credibility too low for Trump's press secretaries to fail to clear.

Hey, maybe that qualifies me with a dual degree from Berklee School of Music?

She did, however, graduate magna cum laude and was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, which is very impressive. But yes, McEnany needs to get her facts straight.
bearister
Jethro Bodine also graduated top of his class at Oxford...you know, where the oxen used to ford the creek.

Jane Hathaway : [inquiring after Jethro's Oxford credentials] I presume he went to Eaton as a boy?

Jed Clampett : If I know Jethro, he went to eatin' the minute he was born.

Jane Hathaway : Yes of course. I suppose his father matriculated him?

Jed Clampett : I kinda think maybe it was his ma.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
bearlyamazing said:

Unit2Sucks said:

She did, however, graduate magna cum laude and was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, which is very impressive. But yes, McEnany needs to get her facts straight.

I haven't heard anyone criticize her intellect, but there is no need to lie about her accomplishments. This lie by Trump's team, in particular, does her a disservice because it essentially denigrates her actual academic background.
joe amos yaks
I wish she did have a degree from Berklee School of Music. That would be good sign.
Excellent school and jazz alumni.
bearister
"This lie by Trump's team, in particular, does her a disservice because it essentially denigrates her actual academic background."

What is that compared to having your alleged devout religious beliefs denigrated by going through with this dance with the demon in the first place?

Her own spiritual leader, Pope Francis, has refused to be used as a pawn by the small fingered vulgarian as evidenced by his refusing to meet with Pompeo as well as issuing this statement as a warning that tRump's disingenuous public stance against abortion does not sanitize him:

"My friends, we cannot tolerate or turn a blind eye to racism and exclusion in any form and yet claim to defend the sacredness of every human life." Pope Francis

*Whenever anyone is described as "extremely devout," I instinctively reach to protect my wallet.

"But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you." Matthew 6:6

"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven." Matthew 6:1-34
bearlyamazing
Unit2Sucks said:

bearlyamazing said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I haven't heard anyone criticize her intellect, but there is no need to lie about her accomplishments. This lie by Trump's team, in particular, does her a disservice because it essentially denigrates her actual academic background.
Lies? What are you in kindergarten?

It's called a stupid mistake unless you're stupid enough to think the Trump team thought they could just sneak Rhodes Scholar vs. Rhodes University graduate by a raving pack of hyenas lefty media.

Lies are what Biden does every day, with insanely incorrect and willfully deceptive facts, not careless errors and silly braggadocio the left labels LIES!!!!
Unit2Sucks
bearlyamazing said:

Unit2Sucks said:

bearlyamazing said:

Unit2Sucks said:

It's called a stupid mistake unless you're stupid enough to think the Trump team thought they could just sneak Rhodes Scholar vs. Rhodes University graduate by a raving pack of hyenas lefty media.

Lies are what Biden does every day, with insanely incorrect and willfully deceptive facts, not careless errors and silly braggadocio the left labels LIES!!!!
Bless your heart. How's the weather on your planet?
bearister
Kayleigh McEnany has made a mockery of her promise to not lie - Vox

https://www.vox.com/2020/9/23/21451585/kayleigh-mcenany-white-house-press-briefing-lies

AunBear89
A stupid statement by a stupid press secretary that serves a stupid president elected by stupid voters.

FIFY.
BearlyCareAnymore
bearlyamazing said:

Unit2Sucks said:

bearlyamazing said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I actually agree with you that it was most likely a stupid mistake and not an intended lie. Which brings me to the question. Her whole job is to present facts to the public. Which means checking your facts before you state them. This wasn't in response to a gotcha question. This is a really, really stupid mistake. It actually only hurts Rhodes University and Amy Coney Barrett as now they are poked fun at when McEnany is the idiot. How careful do you think she is about facts when she makes this stupid of a mistake?
bearlyamazing
OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

Unit2Sucks said:

bearlyamazing said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I actually agree with you that it was most likely a stupid mistake and not an intended lie. Which brings me to the question. Her whole job is to present facts to the public. Which means checking your facts before you state them. This wasn't in response to a gotcha question. This is a really, really stupid mistake. It actually only hurts Rhodes University and Amy Coney Barrett as now they are poked fun at when McEnany is the idiot. How careful do you think she is about facts when she makes this stupid of a mistake?
There's no excuse for the mistake, whether it was from her own rushed research or trusting someone else's without vetting it.

However, in comparison to things like Biden outright lying before all of America about saying he's not for the Green New Deal when his support for it's on his own website and saying he didn't sign on with Sanders' manifesto and Antifa's not an actual organization, just an idea, not an organization and 100 million people would lose their benefits because of preexisting conditions...He flat out lies about very fundamental central stances on his platform, trying to have it both ways. Endorse the lefties ideas to them and tell the general public in debates that he doesn't.

So in comparison? Not even in the same ballpark.
AunBear89
Unit2Sucks
bearlyamazing said:

OaktownBear said:

bearlyamazing said:

Unit2Sucks said:

bearlyamazing said:

Unit2Sucks said:

There's no excuse for the mistake, whether it was from her own rushed research or trusting someone else's without vetting it.

However, in comparison to things like Biden outright lying before all of America about saying he's not for the Green New Deal when his support for it's on his own website and saying he didn't sign on with Sanders' manifesto and Antifa's not an actual organization, just an idea, not an organization and 100 million people would lose their benefits because of preexisting conditions...He flat out lies about very fundamental central stances on his platform, trying to have it both ways. Endorse the lefties ideas to them and tell the general public in debates that he doesn't.

So in comparison? Not even in the same ballpark.

You live in a fantasy world. With respect to Antifa, Biden quoted Trump's hand picked FBI director. He must have passed the loyalty blood oath Trump requires, so who are you to disagree?

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-race-and-ethnicity-archive-bdd3b6078e9efadcfcd0be4b65f2362e

As for pre-existing conditions, what are you disagreeing with? SCOTUS is being asked to kill the ACA and with it all protection for pre-existing conditions. Are you quibbling about the number of people with PECs?

The idea that Biden is the real liar compared to Trump is so far outside the mainstream that most Republicans can't even pretend that it's the case anymore. Your attempts to dissemble will convince no one of anything but your lack of perspective.
bearlyamazing
You people are so morally bankrupt that you're not even worth wasting breath on. You gloss right on every major lie your candidate makes, over and over. Lies about foundational elements of his campaign. Anything to take back the office. Defending the indefensible.

Do you think people are stupid enough to believe the nonsense you spew? Who the hell cares what that "hand-picked" clown Wray says? People see Antifa committing violence and mayhem on the streets every day and we're all supposed to believe the lefty party line that they're not an actual organization? You mean the people who self-identify as antifa while they're committing their violence and mayhem?

You people are laughable. You aren't interested in truth or substantive discussions. You're only interested in lies, spin and annihilation of the right and the Republican Party at any cost, even your dignity.
AunBear89
Irony
bearlyamazing
AunBear89 said:

Irony
Only in lefty world. Not in the real world. You're so insulated from the truth you don't know when it slaps you in the face. Nor do you care.
Krugman Is A Moron
Pelosi accidentally tells the truth here:
Blueblood
bearlyamazing said:

You people are so morally bankrupt that you're not even worth wasting breath on.[Yet, hereyou are wasting your breath? I think its because you really like to hang with us!] You gloss right on every major lie your candidate makes, over and over. [Well, at least we cand o that with our candidate. With trump I image like everybody else you've given up glossing on his lies?] Lies about foundational elements of his campaign. [...verses trump lies attempting to destroy the foundational elements of OUR government!] Anything to take back the office. [You'e damn right!] Defending the indefensible. [Yes, this post of yours does begged the question, "Why are you doing this?"]

Do you think people are stupid enough to believe the nonsense you spew? [ No, but unfortunately there seems to be some people stupid enough to believe the nonsense you spew!]Who the hell cares what that "hand-picked" clown Wray says? [Apparently you do judging from your extreme reaction here. He is the head of the F.B.I....uhh...who are you again?] People see Antifa committing violence and mayhem on the streets every day and we're all supposed to believe the lefty party line that they're not an actual organization? [Hmmm, I wish they carried membership cards. That would make it easier for us to establsih their membership.]You mean the people who self-identify as antifa while they're committing their violence and mayhem? [They may be lying like their President?]

You people are laughable. [...and you are absolutely hilarious!] You aren't interested in truth or substantive discussions. [Well, with you, I don't think we trust eachother enough?]You're only interested in lies, spin and annihilation of the right and the Republican Party at any cost, even your dignity. [No we're not. We simply see that the Republican Party is and has been doing what you say to itself for some time now!]
Unit2Sucks
bearlyamazing said:

You people are so morally bankrupt that you're not even worth wasting breath on. You gloss right on every major lie your candidate makes, over and over. Lies about foundational elements of his campaign. Anything to take back the office. Defending the indefensible.

Do you think people are stupid enough to believe the nonsense you spew? Who the hell cares what that "hand-picked" clown Wray says? People see Antifa committing violence and mayhem on the streets every day and we're all supposed to believe the lefty party line that they're not an actual organization? You mean the people who self-identify as antifa while they're committing their violence and mayhem?

You people are laughable. You aren't interested in truth or substantive discussions. You're only interested in lies, spin and annihilation of the right and the Republican Party at any cost, even your dignity.

Lol as if you haven't been caught red handed falling for conservative fake news multiple times. Go back to citizens free press or telling us about the Durham report or any other number of scams you've fallen for.

Meanwhile election interference is happening and nary a peep from conservatives.

bearlyamazing
Oh please. Talk to Ihan Omar about being caught red-handed paying $400-800 dollars a vote to the massive Somali community in their district.

The left has a monopoly on election cheating. Don't even try with your small fry nonsense.

And the whole Russia nonsense just makes you look like a bigger dunce every time you and your fellow clowns on the left repeat it.
Unit2Sucks
bearlyamazing said:

Oh please. Talk to Ihan Omar about being caught red-handed paying $400-800 dollars a vote to the massive Somali community in their district.

The left has a monopoly on election cheating. Don't even try with your small fry nonsense.

And the whole Russia nonsense just makes you look like a bigger dunce every time you and your fellow clowns on the left repeat it.

You seem more triggered than usual tonight. Maybe reality is starting to set in? You are starting to realize that republican strongholds like North Carolina and Georgia have turned into battleground states that Republicans have to try and defend.

I thoroughly enjoying your hysterical meltdown.
bearlyamazing
Unit2Sucks said:

bearlyamazing said:

You seem more triggered than usual tonight. Maybe reality is starting to set in? You are starting to realize that republican strongholds like North Carolina and Georgia have turned into battleground states that Republicans have to try and defend.

Nah, every once in a while I get sick of all the gaslighting going on in your little circle jerk here and like to introduce a little reality for the handful of conservatives that dare to venture here.
Krugman Is A Moron
bearlyamazing said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/09/29/project-veritas-ilhan-omar/
Unit2Sucks
bearlyamazing said:

Unit2Sucks said:

bearlyamazing said:

Nah, every once in a while I get sick of all the gaslighting going on in your little circle jerk here and like to introduce a little reality for the handful of conservatives that dare to venture here.

If you are looking for gaslighting, you need look more further than the dozens of idiotic threads you've started in this forum. Why don't you go through them and tell us how many of your bombshells turned out to be accurate and how many were debunked as misinformation orchestrated by foreign powers or radical right wing media?

https://bearinsider.com/account/profile/8344/topics

Just this summer you accused Twitter of censorship because of a standard DMCA takedown request. You've parroted Russian disinformation campaigns. You've fallen for Barr's many shenanigans. You fell prey to a fraudulent graphic regarding COViD deaths in NY. The list goes on and on. You are a pretty reliable counter signal to reality.

You are a good little internet soldier for corrupt Republicans but a symbol of the gullible low information voters that Trump and other Republicans take advantage of.
bearlyamazing
Matthew Patel said:

bearlyamazing said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Snopes? Really? Lefty "fact-checker" source?

Only a nitwit with the IQ of a pea could watch the Project Veritas videos and read through their evidence and believe she's innocent along with all the others they've busted and exposed over the years.

If PV was lying and manipulating the video and narrative, they'd be sued into oblivion and shut down for life. Yet they keep right on rolling along, exposing the left at every turn.

it's laughable the way the leftist media and you flunkies try to lie your way out of being busted red handed time after time. People with a brain understand what you're doing. Fortunately for most of you here, most who post here are liars or simply gullible stooges so you get to continue living in your fantasy worlds.
Blueblood
bearlyamazing said:

Matthew Patel said:

bearlyamazing said:

O

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
...blah, blah....more blah.......

.......fantasy worlds.
We get it. You're just lonely tonight....go to bed....you'll wake being the same person that you are....I understand that is a long held nightmare possibility for you, but it is what it is!
Krugman Is A Moron
bearlyamazing said:

Matthew Patel said:

bearlyamazing said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Snopes? Really? Lefty "fact-checker" source?

Only a nitwit with the IQ of a pea could watch the Project Veritas videos and read through their evidence and believe she's innocent along with all the others they've busted and exposed over the years.

If PV was lying and manipulating the video and narrative, they'd be sued into oblivion and shut down for life. Yet they keep right on rolling along, exposing the left at every turn.

it's laughable the way the leftist media and you flunkies try to lie your way out of being busted red handed time after time. People with a brain understand what you're doing. Fortunately for most of you here, most who post here are liars or simply gullible stooges so you get to continue living in your fantasy worlds.
https://newrepublic.com/article/159543/cozy-relationship-project-veritas-proud-boys
AunBear89
"Project Veritas ". The most Orwellian name of all time. Completely lacking in self awareness. Just like RWNJ morons like you. Get your head out of Trump's arse and read real sources.
sycasey
bearlyamazing said:

But if every lying, manipulative media outlet could be sued into oblivion, then why haven't all the lying lefty mainstream media outlets been sued into oblivion? According to you they are all lying, right?
sycasey
Anyone who knowingly participates in a maskless super-spreader event in the middle of a global pandemic does not deserve a spot on the highest court in the land.
BearForce2
sycasey said:

bearlyamazing said:

But if every lying, manipulative media outlet could be sued into oblivion, then why haven't all the lying lefty mainstream media outlets been sued into oblivion? According to you they are all lying, right?

Let's settle, how much do you pay Chris Cuomo? Ok, $275 mil sounds about right.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.