Andrew Cuomo nominated for Time's Man of the Year

11,002 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearForce2
Econ For Dummies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce2 said:

BearForce2
SFBear92 said:

Brutal.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
BearForce2 said:

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
dajo9
You're doing a great job BF2. Three more posts about Cuomo and I may become a Trump supporter.
BearForce2
dajo9 said:

You're doing a great job BF2. Three more posts about Cuomo and I may become a Trump supporter.

BearForce2

BearForce2

CNN trying to divert attention away from sex scandal by reminding everyone about nursing home scandal.
Anarchistbear
There is a question now whether the number of sexual assaults will exceed nursing home deaths.
Econ For Dummies
BearForce2 said:

CNN trying to divert attention away from sex scandal by reminding everyone about nursing home scandal.
I thought the sex scandals were to distract from the nursing home scandal, which is far more important.

Irony on how State of New York's Attorney General got Cuomo's endorsement
https://theintercept.com/2021/03/02/andrew-cuomo-working-families-party-letitia-james/
bearister
Guys like him have beautiful groupies knocking down his door to get at the power....and he goes for the unwilling. Go figure.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Econ For Dummies
bearister said:

Guys like him have beautiful groupies knocking down his door to get at the power....and he goes for the unwilling. Go figure.
Shooting fish in a barrel is no fun, which is something you'd know if you'd ever had the option.
bearister
SFBear92 said:

bearister said:

Shooting fish in a barrel is no fun, which is something you'd know if you'd ever had the option.

...like you have had.
Econ For Dummies
bearister said:

SFBear92 said:

bearister said:

...like you have had.
Absolutely not. But you learn something when you don't waste your time reading Bill Kristol.

I'm starting to think you and those guys you golf with have a lot more in common than you admit to and you just fake it around here to fit in.
bearister
I'm one of the few guys here that doesn't come after you like the low hanging fruit that you are...and yet you are begging me to.
Econ For Dummies
bearister said:

I'm one of the few guys here that doesn't come after you like the low hanging fruit that you are...and yet you are begging me to.
LOL

BearForce2
Anarchistbear said:

There is a question now whether the number of sexual assaults will exceed nursing home deaths.

AunBear89
I'm so glad you are as diligent in your posting and support of Cuomo's accusers as you were of Tru...

Oh, that's right. You weren't concerned at all about Trump's accusers. I guess that means you're a hypocrite. Surprising no one.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
If this scandal had happened in the 1970's, Al Lettieri (Sollozzo in The Godfather) would be cast in the starring role in the made for TV movie, "I'm so Horny, Do You Party? The Andrew Cuomo Story."
Sally Struthers would be cast as an aide.

*When Al was filming the Getaway with Steve McQueen, he was so coked up and psychotic that he was death threating cast and crew. Director Sam Peckinpah's solution was to bring in hired muscle from Mexico (the movie was filming in Texas by the border) to threaten Al into good behavior. It worked and the movie wrapped.

BearForce2

calbear93
BearForce2 said:

I will say this. More Democrats have stood on principle than Republicans have. And I don't see Democratic Party seeking to rebuke or censure Democrats who have stood up to Cuomo.

We all know many politicians on both sides are slimy. However, the Republicans have proven to be only about the party and perpetuation of power at any cost.

Not saying that the Democrats won't go there as well, but the Republicans' obsession with Cuomo (who is done) only highlights the Republican party's own emptiness of character.
BearForce2
calbear93 said:

BearForce2 said:

I will say this. More Democrats have stood on principle than Republicans have. And I don't see Democratic Party seeking to rebuke or censure Democrats who have stood up to Cuomo.

We all know many politicians on both sides are slimy. However, the Republicans have proven to be only about the party and perpetuation of power at any cost.

Not saying that the Democrats won't go there as well, but the Republicans' obsession with Cuomo (who is done) only highlights the Republican party's own emptiness of character.

In what sense is the Republican Party obsessed with Cuomo?
calbear93
BearForce2 said:

calbear93 said:

BearForce2 said:

How many days have Cuomo been the top news on Foxnews.com? How many posts have you made on Cuomo? He is toast and the Democrats have stood up to him. Why do you keep posting news on Cuomo, a cooked governor of New York? I would assume that the obsession with Cuomo is an attempt to show that Democrats are hypocrites who engage in these behaviors. Yet by doing so, they are also highlighted their moral bankruptcy as well. The problem is that when you stay silent and not stand on your principles when there are bad acts in your party, you lose the credibility to do so when it happens on the other side.
BearForce2
calbear93 said:

BearForce2 said:

calbear93 said:

BearForce2 said:

How many days have Cuomo been the top news on Foxnews.com? How many posts have you made for how long on Cuomo? He is toast and the Democrats have stood up to him. Why are you keep posting news on Cuomo, a cooked governor of New York? I would assume that the obsession with Cuomo is an attempt to show that Democrats are hypocrites who engage in these behaviors. Yet by doing so, they are also highlighted their moral bankruptcy as well. The problem is that when you stay silent and not stand on your principles when there are bad acts in your party, you lose the credibility to do so when it happens on the other side.

I'm not the Republican Party and neither is Fox News. A 7th accuser came out today, Cuomo is one making news for himself. I'd say the Republican Party is currently obsessed with censorship, 1st amendment issues, the border crisis, screening Biden's appointees, and this baloney Coivd relief bill that was passed.
calbear93
BearForce2 said:

calbear93 said:

BearForce2 said:

calbear93 said:

BearForce2 said:

How many days have Cuomo been the top news on Foxnews.com? How many posts have you made for how long on Cuomo? He is toast and the Democrats have stood up to him. Why are you keep posting news on Cuomo, a cooked governor of New York? I would assume that the obsession with Cuomo is an attempt to show that Democrats are hypocrites who engage in these behaviors. Yet by doing so, they are also highlighted their moral bankruptcy as well. The problem is that when you stay silent and not stand on your principles when there are bad acts in your party, you lose the credibility to do so when it happens on the other side.

I'm not the Republican Party and neither is Fox News. A 7th accuser came out today, Cuomo is one making news for himself. I'd say the Republican Party is currently obsessed with censorship, 1st amendment issues, the border crisis, screening Biden's appointees, and this baloney Coivd relief bill that was passed.
Are they really?

Censorship and 1st amendment- interesting. Kind of like trying to make the press the enemy and cry out fake news to shut down coverage, censure politicians for speaking their viewpoint, force everyone to sign NDA and prevent them from testifying. Sure. What first amendment issues worry you? Where do you see the State imposing restrictions on speech? If you are associating voluntary actions by people to exercise their choice on commerce as a 1st amendment issue, I think you need to read the bill of rights again. I suppose your choice not to frequent stores that you found to be too accommodating to the liberal platform or restrictions on teaching birth control at school are fine.

The border crisis. What concerns you about that? And if you are against illegal immigration, why were so many restrictions and burdens put on legal immigration? Trumpism and current position on immigration is not a traditional Republican stance. It is more a far left liberal, union accommodation. But when a party worships a person and not conservative principles, I guess it can get confusing.

Not sure what you mean by screening Biden's appointees. Do you remember the baffling candidates appointed by Trump? Yeah, I see why Republicans are so concerned now about political appointments

And what about the COVID-19 bill was baloney? And why are Republicans who voted against it now bragging about the benefits of it?

Econ For Dummies
calbear93 said:

BearForce2 said:

Thing is that it was already well-known that Cuomo was dirty a year ago on the nursing home scandal. How many Democrats stood on principle during that time while some were considering swapping Cuomo for Biden because Cuomo was better at doing press conferences than Biden was? How many media members showed an interest in investigating further?

Ron Kim finally forced the Democrats' hand. Now they are abandoning him like rats on a sinking ship, but not because of principle. It has nothing to do with character.

The Republicans' current "obsession" with Cuomo is no different than any other obsessions they've had. When your whole party stands for not doing anything other than increasing defense spending and cutting taxes, you have to be in a constant state of identifying an enemy on the other team. The identity of that enemy changes over time. Bill and then Hillary have filled that role more than any other two people, then Obama and Pelosi, but AOC, Ilhan Omar, Lori Lightfoot, Gavin Newsom, and others have spent varying amounts of time there as well. They need those boogeymen because they have no domestic agenda of their own.

But the Democrats' obsession with Trump and Russia is not a lot different.
sycasey
calbear93 said:

Not sure what you mean by screening Biden's appointees.

Exactly one of Biden's appointees has truly been screened: Neera Tanden. Everyone else has sailed through easily. This has largely been a non-story.
calbear93
SFBear92 said:

calbear93 said:

BearForce2 said:

Thing is that it was already well-known that Cuomo was dirty a year ago on the nursing home scandal. How many Democrats stood on principle during that time while some were considering swapping Cuomo for Biden because Cuomo was better at doing press conferences than Biden was? How many media members showed an interest in investigating further?

Ron Kim finally forced the Democrats' hand. Now they are abandoning him like rats on a sinking ship, but not because of principle. It has nothing to do with character.

The Republicans' current "obsession" with Cuomo is no different than any other obsessions they've had. When your whole party stands for not doing anything other than increasing defense spending and cutting taxes, you have to be in a constant state of identifying an enemy on the other team. The identity of that enemy changes over time. Bill and then Hillary have filled that role more than any other two people, then Obama and Pelosi, but AOC, Ilhan Omar, Lori Lightfoot, Gavin Newsom, and others have spent varying amounts of time there as well. They need those boogeymen because they have no domestic agenda of their own.

Good points. Being so far removed from NY, I was not aware of how dirty he was. I read about his tragic miscalculation on requiring nursing homes to take in COVID-19 patients into a place with the most vulnerable population, but I assumed that was just plain stupidity resulting from global lack of knowledge (how many times have even the experts changed their guidance). I did appreciate what appeared to be attempt at speaking to the people and being transparent when we were not getting anything from the WH. Apparently, transparency wasn't even his thing.

Now that the world knows more, he is done, and he should be. And I hope he takes his brother Chris with him.
Anarchistbear
Random women suddenly falling out of trees with abuse charges are just a distraction. from more serious charges.
okaydo
Yup, Cuomo is Trump but with ability to turn off the a-hole faucet to the tv media.

Econ For Dummies
calbear93 said:

SFBear92 said:

calbear93 said:

BearForce2 said:

Good points. Being so far removed from NY, I was not aware of how dirty he was. I read about his tragic miscalculation on requiring nursing homes to take in COVID-19 patients into a place with the most vulnerable population, but I assumed that was just plain stupidity resulting from global lack of knowledge (how many times have even the experts changed their guidance). I did appreciate what appeared to be attempt at speaking to the people and being transparent when we were not getting anything from the WH. Apparently, transparency wasn't even his thing.

Now that the world knows more, he is done, and he should be. And I hope he takes his brother Chris with him.
Also not from New York. Apparently, none of his ethics or his womanizing is news. New York politics has been historically very dirty for a long time. But he was a convenient foil at a time when he served a purpose to counter Trump. Now that Trump's gone, he no longer serves that purpose. Cynthia Nixon got a good percentage for a first-time candidate (even though she certainly came into the race with name recognition that most first-time candidates don't), but he still won his primary handily because he has the New York Democratic Party machine behind him. But he's not universally loved like his pandemic approval rating numbers would have you believe.

The important thing is that's another awful Democratic presidential hopeful whose political career is now over. There will be plenty to replace him, but awful New York Democrats are the most dangerous because it's the media capital of the country.
BearForce2
bearister
" Yup, Cuomo is Trump but with ability to turn off the a-hole faucet to the tv media."

..and with brain cells that actually rub against each other.
helltopay1
okaydo: Please give me the 'name of the person Trump shot and killed." Somehow I missed that story.
LMK5
calbear93 said:

SFBear92 said:

calbear93 said:

BearForce2 said:

I think he might wind up being Chris's personal assistant. Imagine how he'll answer the phone: "Hello, Mr. Cuomo's office, Mr. Cuomo speaking."
The truth lies somewhere between CNN and Fox.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.