cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,289,434 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
stu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
antipattern;842167630 said:

p.s. Please dont post HUGE FREAKING PICTURES that make me have to scroll to read every post. Thanks.

+1

A wide image blows out the whole page so nothing else can be read without horizontal scrolling. 600 pixels should be wide enough.

Also when quoting others please edit out any images to keep the height of the page within reason.

Thanks!
Shocky1
Shocky said he wanted a really BIG photo of the Bay from Berkeley to celebrate the end of summer!

That wasn't a very smart idea in retrospect, was it? Welcome to my world!

Shocky has traveled the world with his golf clubs (and usually his family too) yet he's amazingly low tech (he uses a flip phone).

Go Sun Devils!!! Sparky is #1!!!

-Mrs. Shockster (the IT Dept)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842168268 said:

Shocky said he wanted a really BIG photo of the Bay from Berkeley to celebrate the end of summer!

That wasn't a very smart idea in retrospect, was it? Welcome to my world!

Shocky has traveled the world with his golf clubs (and usually his family too) yet he's amazingly low tech (he uses a flip phone).

Go Sun Devils!!! Sparky is #1!!!

-Mrs. Shockster (the IT Dept)

the univeristy of california, berkeley=home of noble peace prize winners and the #1 ranked public university in the world (including maricopa county)
arizona state university=#1 ranked college with the most strippers in the world

real talk#
the grind#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842121247 said:

shout out to the golden achievement bb winner (highest gpa on the team) & future driver of a lamborghinni lp 570-4 superleggra edizionne tecnica in 10 years david kravish at today's annual academic honors luncheon at haas pavillion

the shockster watches "what not to wear" with his fashionista daughters shay & taylor and it must be reported that dk's regrettable decision to wear clashing black slacks with a black shirt accessoried by a black tie with green snowmen on it (which looks like a xmas present from aunt mildred) will NOT help him with the ladies...

just sayin'

dress sharp#
work hard die last#

name the player that finished in the top 10 of 2012 pac 12 total blocked shots that had the least number of turnovers last season?

that would be doc kravish...dk finished #5 in the pac 12 with an impressive 56 rejected shots coupled with only 32 turnovers

to put that in perspective, the top 2 guys in 2012 pac 12 blocked shots bachynski of asu & moreland of osu had 63 & 64 turnovers

david kravish=way smarter than your average bear
Shocky1
Shocky1;842121256 said:

snowmen&auntmildredrgrate#

david kravish is going to be a multi millionaire whether it be thru basketball and/or medicine

but you can't buy fashion sense...

read gq#
Shocky1
concordtom;842121253 said:

Hey DK: You're just the kind of guy that I'm looking to hook my daughters up with. They are a bit younger than you, but if you are willing to wait, they will be worth it. Some of us like snowmen AND your aunt mildred! I don't want no stinkin' lambowhatever in my driveway and am not impressed by sharp dressed men. Modesty and plainness will win the hand of my princesses, I can only hope. And don't think I'm kidding! I would agree, however, that snowmen in May is a noteworthy jab. Please reserve the tie for Dec 15th - Jan 2. This is California, after all.

real talk#
concordtom
Shocky1;842168614 said:

real talk#

Perhaps a BI donation drive for "used ties" can be arranged. I have, oh, 3 or 4 DOZEN just collecting dust that DK could have.

First game of the year, someone's walking around Haas with a box for old ties. Or NEW ties, even better, come to think of it. About half of my retired collection is worse than the Snowman tie.

Love you, David! Now get back to that pile of iron.
concordtom
antipattern;842167630 said:

p.s. Please dont post HUGE FREAKING PICTURES that make me have to scroll to read every post. Thanks.

It's all Shocky's fault, I swear!
It didn't look wrong from my iPad, but now on my desktop I see the problem.

(previous poor attempt at humor redacted.)

mikecohen
Shocky1;842168574 said:

the univeristy of california, berkeley=home of noble peace prize winners and the #1 ranked public university in the world (including maricopa county)
arizona state university=#1 ranked college with the most strippers in the world

real talk#
the grind#

Only not all Cal grads know how to spell university, or Nobel
Shocky1
mikecohen;842168677 said:

go beers
south bender
mikecohen;842168677 said:

Shocky finds our Nobel winners simply more Noble than the others!

Go Bears!
mikecohen
whoot er u tahlking abhowt? - Today, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecohen View Post

Shocky1;842168690 said:

go beers

THAT's what I'm TALKIN' about!

Ir Osos!

Why Not!
Shocky1
Shocky1;842168072 said:

richard solomon is now 240 lbs & david kravish is now 230 lbs per s&c drill master scott thom

they both now (finally) have the hardened bodies necessary to dominate in the pac 12 if they can bring a relentless mental toughness every single game

solo has a bb career beyond this year (perhaps even in the nba if he can channel the unbreakable mindset he brought to the syracuse ncca game)...professionals don't pick & choose when they are going to show up or whine at the refs or pick up ticky tack stooopid fouls (and then sit on the bench)

2012 pac 12 rebounding leaders:

1) andre roberson (nba) colorado 11.3 rpg
2) eric moreland (academically ineligible) oregon state 10.6 rpg
3) arsalan kazemi (nba) oregon 9.5 rpg
4) josh huestis stanford 9.3 rpg
5) aziz n'diaye (europe) washington 9.2 rpg
6) kyle anderson ucla 8.6 rpg
7) carrick felix (nba) arizona state 8.2 rpg
7) dwight powell stanford 8.2 rpg
9) dwayne deadman (not drafted) usc 7.0 rpg
9) jordan loveridge utah 7.0 rpg
11) david kravish cal 6.9 rpg
12) jason washburn (europe) utah 6.8 rpg
13) desmond simmons washington 6.6 rpg
13) richard solomon cal 6.6 rpg

in order for the bears to rock a monster 2013 season both solo & doc kravish need to be in the top 5 for pac 12 rebounding with a menacing demeanor

kameron rooks & jabari bird also need to clean the glass for the bears

no more mr nice guys#
jailbreak#
the grind#

"last year of college starts today...focused like never before!"

let's roll#
no regrets#
the grind#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842145417 said:

name: malik pope

class: 2014

gpa (current): 2.9

gpa (old): 2.5 (too much video gaming)

gpa (targeting): "3.2-3.3" for next semester per ryan gorcey

summer school: world history

height: 6'8"

weight: 205 lbs

position: 3 (could slide to 4)

jersey: #21 (blackjack, baby)

hs: laguna creek (elk grove)

hs coach: paul casey

aau team: team superstar

aau coach: lerohn dodson (malik is "coachable, he likes his teammates, he has fun")

cal official: tbd

cal unofficial: tbd

cal connections:
1) friends with amhaad rorie
2) strong relationship with gregg gottlieb
3) played in cal team camp june 2012

malik on cal: "cal is close to home and they fit...i've seen them on tv and they fit pretty much my style of play"

family: very tight
mom-nicole (6'2")-aspires to start an inner city after school enrichment program...actually benched malik from several showcases after his soph yr because his grades did not meet her standards
dad-remle sr (6'6")-parents separated 6 yrs ago leaving kids homeless for a while
older bros-remle & emmanuel
younger bro-tabarri

injury update: fractured fibula caused mp to miss most of his jr season...full recovery is expected

colleges: recently narrowed list to 9
cal
kansas (nov 4th official)
arizona
ucla
usc
san diego state (oct 8th official)
gonzaga (sept 27th official)
oregon
washington

mom's college preference: "stay local"

malik's weather preference: "i'm a shorts guy...weather is definitely a consideration"

malik quote: "it (the injury) lets me focus on school more"

pope's outward personality: quiet & humble

shockster opinion: malik pope is a top 10-15 talent when fully healthy...willowly & smooth wing (shades of george gervin) with explosive hops & guard like handle...outside shoot & s&c strength are areas of potential improvement...excellent vision & plays unselfishly...unlimited upside...if malik is willing to work as hard in the classroom as the bb court to continue his maturity into a well rounded student athlete, then cal would be a strong local fit...can you imagine malik pope teaming with jabari bird on the perimeter with amhaad rorie feeding them the rock for the bears???...fireworks, baby

mom (nicole) matters#
the grind#
summer breezes#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

malik pope has scheduled his first 3 officials:

gonzaga-sept 27th
san diego state-oct 8th
kansas-nov 4th (late night in the phog...the jayhawks equivalent of kentucky's big blue madness)

important to note that all 3 schools are not considered high academic institutions particularly the jc level aztecs which have done a good job of recruiting sacramento in recent yrs

my take is that pope's recruitment will become a lot clearer after the kansas trip...if it's just about ballin, then he might pull the trigger after these 3 officials...if he & his mom value an education, then he will likely schedule visits to cal & ucla (already has a commit from an elite 3 in bluiett) to more closely check out those programs with his final 2 available officials

gregg gottlieb had done an excellent job in the pope recruitment...it is really just a matter now of the pope family's priorities...mom nicole is the key from a bears perspective

50 yr decision#

the university of california, berkelely=#1 ranked public university in the world (and only a short drive from elk grove)
RicoRico
Shocky1;842168578 said:

name the player that finished in the top 10 of 2012 pac 12 total blocked shots that had the least number of turnovers last season?

that would be doc kravish...dk finished #5 in the pac 12 with an impressive 56 rejected shots coupled with only 32 turnovers

to put that in perspective, the top 2 guys in 2012 pac 12 blocked shots bachynski of asu & moreland of osu had 63 & 64 turnovers

david kravish=way smarter than your average bear

I'm a huge fan of DK, but you're not going to have a lot of turnovers if you don't get feeds in the post (did we even have a post-up game last year?), and if the offense doesn't run through you (the way it did thru Kamp the year before).
Shocky1
RicoRico;842169407 said:

I'm a huge fan of DK, but you're not going to have a lot of turnovers if you don't get feeds in the post (did we even have a post-up game last year?), and if the offense doesn't run through you (the way it did thru Kamp the year before).

understand your pt but would point out that the pac 12's leading shot blocker jordan bachynski didn't exactly have the sun devils offense run thru him either last yr & he had twice as many turnovers at david kravish

coach gottlieb (who was at the game today hanging in the esp section at halftime) has emphasized that both solo & dk need to become bigger players in the bears offense this season

what not to wear#
the grind#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842166626 said:

problem fixed#
diane milano doing her job (finally)#

the 2013 nfl season active league rosters are represented by 34 former california golden bears which makes cal the #5 ranked college with the most current players in the nfl

1st lsu & usc 42 players
3rd miami 41 players
4th georgia 40 players
5th cal 34 players

smart collegiate student athletes & future professional sports success are not mutually exclusive at cal

marshawn lynch#
desean jackson#
tony gonzalez#
aaron rodgers#
the grind#

cal football program=#5 ranked college wtih most current players in the nfl
university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
SFBearz
Shocky1;842169304 said:

malik pope has scheduled his first 3 officials:

gonzaga-sept 27th
san diego state-oct 8th
kansas-nov 4th (late night in the phog...the jayhawks equivalent of kentucky's big blue madness)

important to note that all 3 schools are not considered high academic institutions particularly the jc level aztecs which have done a good job of recruiting sacramento in recent yrs

my take is that pope's recruitment will become a lot clearer after the kansas trip...if it's just about ballin, then he might pull the trigger after these 3 officials...if he & his mom value an education, then he will likely schedule visits to cal & ucla (already has a commit from an elite 3 in bluiett) to more closely check out those programs with his final 2 available officials

gregg gottlieb had done an excellent job in the pope recruitment...it is really just a matter now of the pope family's priorities...mom nicole is the key from a bears perspective

50 yr decision#

the university of california, berkelely=#1 ranked public university in the world (and only a short drive from elk grove)

Pope reportedly broke his leg while playing today. He was still recovering from his previous injury....Sure hope he fully recovers and can play a little this season.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842132153 said:

name: idrissa diallo

class: 2014

gpa: 3.2 (3.7 last semester)

height: 6'11"

weight: 230 lbs

position: 4 (could slide to 5)

nation of origin: senegal

hs: cathedral (los angeles)

hs coach: william middlebrooks

aau team: compton magic

cal unofficial: june 20, 2013

cal official: september 14-15, 2013 (ohio state fb game weekend) invitation along w/amhaad rorie

cal connections:
1) coach/mentor william middlebrooks has a longtime relationship with alan crabbe & family
2) 2014 facilitator/distributor/mcdonalds all american candidate & monster class leader amhaad rorie played with diallo in virginia...idrissa on rorie: "it's great playing with him...he's a good passer and i want someone (at pg) who is willing to share the ball and get it to me where i like it"

family: sportsman father played soccer, vb & bb...stands 6'3"
mom 5'10"
sisters in senegal (idrissa is very concerned about their futures in africa)
grandfather 6'11"

college leaders: cal (offer)
ucla (offer)
usc (offer)
colorado (offer)

weather preference: diallo, like the shockster, is a warm weather kind of guy

diallo quotes: "we (monty) talk and he seems to be a great coach...he seems to be great, great, great guy...he told me a lot about how he values relationships with his players...that's one of the things i want to see among the colleges, a coach with whom i can feel comfortable...after we talked, i got an idea of the kind of person and the kind of coach he is and how he treats his players...he also told me about the way that they play and it's a good fit for me...i can see myself playing for him"

diallo also speaks highly of relentless recruiter gregg gottlieb

shockster opinion: diallo reminds me of devon hardin at the same stage in his career when he left newark memorial for cal & eventually developed into the 50th overall nba draft pick of the seattle supersonics

idy is the most physically gifted big man on the west coast for 2014 but with limited experience and does not yet seal & finish (prefers low % fade aways)...he runs the floor well, blocks shots 2 feet over the rim and does not shy away from inside banging in the paint

the diallo recruitment may boil down to which college bb program will best feature & develop his post game skill set & what school's pg will share the ball with idrissa

idy's official visit to berkeley on the oregon state fb weekend of oct 19-20th will include cal flying in his parents (as permitted under a relatively new ncaa recruiting rule) from senegal that idrissa has not seen since may of 2011

diallo family reuinion in berkeley#
city by the bay#

idrissa diallo=devon hardin

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including senegal)
Shocky1
a trio of bears are now playing professional ball in germany

robert thurman=thurminator, berkeley's favorite superhero
jamal boykin=the artist
harper kamp=the chess player

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including germany)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842172086 said:

jamal boykin=the artist

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including germany)

"man german dudes have the weirdest swag...denim and plad don't go together bro"

-the thurminator (the tallest fashion consultant in continental europe)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842158565 said:

this is cal football#

the cal bb staff continues to relentelssly bring in 2015 & 2016 players for unofficial visits with 3 more sacramento area studs visiting berkeley last weekend

*****solomon young 6'6" 215 lbs 2016 power forward with a nonstop motor

*****christian terrell 6'3" 2016 point guard with superior size

*****tre finch 5'10" 2016 emerging point guard

50 yr decision#
sacramento mayor kevin johnson, cal grad & $30+m nba earnings#
ryan anderson, 1st team all pac 12 at cal & $10+m nba earnings#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including sacramento, elk grove, el dorado hills, etc.)
mikecohen
Shocky1;842172086 said:

jamal boykin=the artist

Just curious what the Art of Seduction has to do with the three playing pro ball in Germany
Shocky1
south bender;842168782 said:

Shocky finds our Nobel winners simply more Noble than the others!

Go Bears!

correct, south bender

has any cal grad ever won an oscer?

hollywood, baby#
SFCityBear
Shocky1;842172528 said:

correct, south bender

has any cal grad ever won an oscer?

hollywood, baby#

Gregory Peck, for one. Rowed for the Cal crew, and many years later donated $25K to the Cal crew program.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregory_Peck

:gobears:
Shocky1

sami eleraky played in pick up games with cal players last sat

eleraky cannot take any official visits until he has completed at least half of his jc academic requirements (30 units)...by ncca rules the cal coaches can't speak with him if he visits berkeley

sami's 60 units can be achieved via his barton cc units, sfcc class work & online classes

go rams#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including denmark)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842173194 said:

sami eleraky played in pick up games with cal players last sat

eleraky cannot take any official visits until he has completed at least half of his jc academic requirements (30 units)...by ncca rules the cal coaches can't speak with him if he visits berkeley

sami's 60 units can be achieved via his barton cc units, sfcc class work & online classes

go rams#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including denmark)

Shocky1
Shocky1;842136622 said:

como tele vous?

as my current 1st wife kat & our kids continue our summer euro holiday at our favorite hotel in the world, george v in paris, i cannot help but reflect this 4th of july upon the magnificent opportunities we enjoy in the united states because of the bravery of those who fight for our freedom

2 true american heroes=former cal rugby player mark bingham & todd beamer

both bingham & beamer were aboard united flight #93 that was taken over by terrorists when via phone calls they realized that terrorists were using the planes as weapons of mass destruction against the american people

bingham & beamer led the charge that resulted in the terrorists being killed in flight & the pilotless plane crashing in a field in shanksville, penn instead of the world trade center buildings or pentagon thereby saving thousands of additional innocent lives

bingham was a true golden bear to the end, thinking of others instead of his own fate...this is a cal guy who years earlier was gored running with the bulls in pamplona, spain

4th of july, baby, don't forget our heroes

mark bingham: may 22, 1970-september 11, 2001
rip mb

heroes#
lets roll#
summer breezes#

never forget#
Shocky1
jonathan givony of the draft express on 2015's #1 ranked player, bod's ivan rabb:

strengths:

-terrific frame for a 16 year old
-6'9" in shoes with a 7'1" wingspan
-very good athlete
-fantastic rebounder on both ends of the floor...averaged 16.3 rebounds per 40 (mpg) in 18 nike eybl games this season
-very good finisher around the basket...quick off his feet...good second bounce...dunks everything
-gets to the line at a very good rate
-soft touch around the basket
-some budding post moves and ball handling ability
-good timing as a shot blocker...4.3 blockers per 40 (mpg) at the eybl

weaknesses:

-still raw offensively
-has a great frame but still a long ways from filling out (expected considering his age)
-doesn't have the strength to establish himself with his back to the basket
-very left hand dominant with is finishes...must continue to work on off hand
-very poor free throw shooter...53% from free throw line at the eybl

outlook:

young, developing big man with significant upside...still in a very early stage but shows a lot of intriguing attributes to go along with a terrific physical profile

this week is the new contact period for bb recruits & relentless recruiter gregg gottlieb visited in person with ivan while mr cranky pants roadtripped down to la to visit with thomas welsh & his family (in preparation of his official visit to cal this weekend)

50 yr decision#

Shocky1
Shocky1;842173405 said:

jonathan givony of the draft express on 2015's #1 ranked player, bod's ivan rabb:

strengths:

-terrific frame for a 16 year old
-6'9" in shoes with a 7'1" wingspan
-very good athlete
-fantastic rebounder on both ends of the floor...averaged 16.3 rebounds per 40 (mpg) in 18 nike eybl games this season
-very good finisher around the basket...quick off his feet...good second bounce...dunks everything
-gets to the line at a very good rate
-soft touch around the basket
-some budding post moves and ball handling ability
-good timing as a shot blocker...4.3 blockers per 40 (mpg) at the eybl

weaknesses:

-still raw offensively
-has a great frame but still a long ways from filling out (expected considering his age)
-doesn't have the strength to establish himself with his back to the basket
-very left hand dominant with is finishes...must continue to work on off hand
-very poor free throw shooter...53% from free throw line at the eybl

outlook:

young, developing big man with significant upside...still in a very early stage but shows a lot of intriguing attributes to go along with a terrific physical profile

this week is the new contact period for bb recruits & relentless recruiter gregg gottlieb visited in person with ivan while mr cranky pants roadtripped down to la to visit with thomas welsh & his family (in preparation of his official visit to cal this weekend)

50 yr decision#

according to ivan rabb, his mom's preference is that he "stay kind of close"

mom matters#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842146897 said:

as i wait with a cal buddy for our delayed flight to scotland* now is a good time to share the story of jason kidd's recruitment

*we will be traveling to trump's new course in aberdeen to continue my quest of playing the golf magazine world top 100 courses, the trump course is the sole new entrant to the 2013 list that i have not yet played...other highlights will include the machrie on the isle of islay (immortalized by the long and winding road), my favorite course in scotland the quirky cruden bay and of course, a return to the home of golf, the old course at st andrews

when kidd was with the phx suns, i used to host j, the team's asst coach frank johnson (later become the hc before losing too many games & having an affair with the also married wife of the suns largest corporate sponsor resulted in him being fired (kidz, that's that's the quickest way to throw away a promising career) along with my close friend the now deceased dr gary mack (the team shrink...counseled j on marital issues with mrs crazytown, joumana) at my summer club in flagstaff, forest highlands (which is considered the augusta national of arizona)

j told me during one of our rounds together that his final college list included kansas, arizona, ohio state & kentucky with the jayhawks probably the leader despite his never actually ever visiting lawrence...he started playing in informal pick up games at harmon organized by his friend monty buckley...j told me there was a defining epiphany like moment when walking thru a grove of trees near the creek north of harmon with his bb bag over his shoulder on a beautiful bay area afternoon that it all came together for him

kidd realized how much he loved his mom & dad and that he wanted to share his college experience with them...it was that simple in jk's mind-he never even made an official visit to cal, there was no need to do so

so j played in front of his mom & dad and friends at the #1 public university in the world before moving on to generate $200+m in nba earning before recently being named the hc for the brooklyn nets

i last saw j at whisper rock a yr ago & he told me that he's never regretted his time at cal...he cherishes the collegiate memories he shared with his parents, dad steve died in 1999 (real talk, our parents will not love live forever and our time with them is limited)

fast forward & another top player in the usa from oakland is faced with similar choices/opportunities

what are your priorities in life, ivan?

mom matters#

50 yr decision#
fly with the bird#
south bender
Kidd's number five uni with the Nets is being retired.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
SFBearz;842170788 said:

Pope reportedly broke his leg while playing today. He was still recovering from his previous injury....Sure hope he fully recovers and can play a little this season.

malik broke the same leg that has been injured before last sat while trying to dunk in warmups at the elite 50...the elite 50 is a sacramento based showcase of its best players for college scouts & its participants this yr included cal targets pope, dj wilson, solomon young & christian terrell

mp's hs basketall career is essentially over

pope has scheduled official visits to academicaly mediocre schools gonzaga, san diego state & kansas...after those visits he intends to evaluate his trips & either then decide among those 3 or make additional trips with cal & ucla the most likely destinations although the bruins receiving a commit from bluiett at the 3 may take them out of the running

all athletes are one play (one injury) away from their sports days being over permanently...with 2 major rehabs on the same leg, malik is realistically one more injury away from being done as a basketball player

so what are malik's priorities?

is he gonna be the kind of guy who wants to be well rounded with an infinite number of career possibilties (including the nba) like cal grad & sacramento mayor kevin johnson ($30+m nba earnings) or does he want to put all his cards in being a baller (which if it doesn't work out professionally means he'll be qualified to be a security guard at the elk grove outlet mall)?

if he can't play bb anymore, how happy is he gonna be in freezing azz spokane or lawrence in the winter?

when malik tells his hs coach he likes san diego state because of the beaches & that his friend goes there, what is he thinking???...the critieria for selecting a long weekend roadtrip might include beaches & buddies, the critieria for selecting a college should be a 50 yr decision

san diego state is a glorified jc with a 90+% acceptance rate in a beautiful location...unfortunately its graduates don't have many doors opening for them when they leave

malik pope by all accounts is a great kid with lots of enthusiasm & an unselfish teammate in addition to being a 2014 top 20 player when healthy...he would be a terrific fit as a golden bear under monty & gottlieb and would further develop his game playing with jabari bird & the cal monster class

malik, what are your priorities?

50 yr decision#
the grind#

Shockster...............please explain to us Cal bb fans who want to win bb games how you see this fine student athlete helping us attain this goal with a possible career ending broken leg?

I mean how much time do you want our elite recruiting staff to spend here on this candidate?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842152485 said:

with no pgs on the roster for 2014, the bruins pg recruiting under alford is going nowhere fast

***amhaad rorie-commit to cal
***parker jackson-cartwright-commit to arizona
***josh perkins-parted ways with ucla today, heavy gonzaga lean (hc mark few attended all of his aau games this summer in person)
***robert cartwright-ignored by alford until too late, now waiting on stanford acceptance
***quentin snider-onetime louisville commit is an extreme ucla longshot thats indicated he's likely to stay close to home (ky)
***jordan mclaughlin-bruins safety dance pg is now a san diego state lean w/usc a close 2nd

apparently alford's riveting stories of playing under bobby knight 100 yrs ago isn't resonating very well with most 17 yr old recruits

hey but apparently there's a 5'7" pg at santa barbara cc that is very interested in starting for the bruins at pg in 2014...

this is ucla basketball#

shaggy: where are the snacks and why is alford so creepy?

velma: shaggy, quit being such a scaredy cat...alford, which literally means a horse's ass in 18th century slavic cultures, could theoretically exclusively recruit family members for the next decade

scooby: ruh roh

this is ucla basketball#
ruh roh#

First Page Last Page
Page 37 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.