cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,274,565 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HoopDreams;842220576 said:

Jabari Bird's 14 pts was the most by a Bear in his Cal debut since Ryan Anderson 20 vs Utah Valley St in 2006

j bird aerially attacked from the rafters of haas in scoring 24 pts with a deadly 7-14 fgs & 6-8 3 pters & 4-4 fts & 5 boards

dark & stormy night in berkeley#
bay areas finest#
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842212047 said:

based on the two game action I've seen, I'm really liking this freshmen class...

monster class hangin at a recent volleyball game

bet they are trying to decode those vb very cool super secret finger play codes given by the players behind their backs to their teammates...

50 yr friendships#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842206637 said:

listen to tara murrey speaking about her bears teammate carli lloyd, the national player of the year, after their loss to penn state in the finals

fast forward to the 9 minute & 20 second mark...fireworks

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=207750720

cal family#
50 yr friendships#
the grind#
unbreakable#

the bears upperclassmen came out with a candy azz soft attitude for the oakland game...after last season's mentally unprepared home loss to harvard, the om (original monsters) need to bring an unbreakable mindset to the team

it is absolutely critical for the bear's upcoming game preparation that the next film session start with the above video clip starting at the 9 minute 20 second mark

this is the most epic interview in the history of cal sports as it reflects the intensity & commitment of true champions

cal family#

HoopDreams
"the bears upperclassmen came out with a candy azz soft attitude for the oakland game...after last season's mentally unprepared home loss to harvard, the om (original monsters) need to bring an unbreakable mindset to the team"

Sorry Shockster, .............but given the type of kid you DEMAND that Cal recruit for the major FB and BB programs, you will many times get the attitude of softness you describe above.

These kids DO NOT come to us with built in SC killer instincts. Hence there will ALWAYS be game performances like this.

Watching Cal since 1947..................it's a fact jack!
GoldenBear1
With the right support, with great leadership, with great recruiting we can be great.
At the revenue level our basketball program is on the right track.
Need to win the key recruiting battles to get over the top.
Shocky1
1947;842225215 said:

"the bears upperclassmen came out with a candy azz soft attitude for the oakland game...after last season's mentally unprepared home loss to harvard, the om (original monsters) need to bring an unbreakable mindset to the team"

Sorry Shockster, .............but given the type of kid you DEMAND that Cal recruit for the major FB and BB programs, you will many times get the attitude of softness you describe above.

These kids DO NOT come to us with built in SC killer instincts. Hence there will ALWAYS be game performances like this.

Watching Cal since 1947..................it's a fact jack!

Hmmmm.........why are the BEARS playing a BIRD, that makes absolutely no sense..........what is Monty thinking?

We need more youngsters with built in SC killer instincts like OJ that DEMAND the ball in BIG games.

Why is this DOG in my ROOM........sit, Rover, that's a nice doggie.

1947=shockster's wingman
hope springs eternal in the hearts of longtime cal fans

cal family#
somewhere in time#
they might be giants#
concordtom
Shocky1;842223506 said:

congratulations, tom, you are the dad of the year

And after all the support I've given you. Sheesh!
mikecohen
Shocky1;842225520 said:

Hmmmm.........why are the BEARS playing a BIRD, that makes absolutely no sense..........what is Monty thinking?

We need more youngsters with built in SC killer instincts like OJ that DEMAND the ball in BIG games.

Why is this DOG in my ROOM........sit, Rover, that's a nice doggie.

1947=shockster's wingman
hope springs eternal in the hearts of longtime cal fans

cal family#
somewhere in time#
they might be giants#

The spirit of Jesse Wildcat sneaks into the Shockster
Shocky1
socaltownie;842222789 said:

Yeah - I have to say. Shockey, time to start marking these threads NSFW.

so are you telling me to not post the pictures of my 1st gf at cal who was later featured in playboy's girls of the pac 10 issue?

mrs shockster likes to tell the story that when we were 1st dating that i had that playboy issue on my coffee table as a conversation piece...guess she didn't think that was very classy

you wouldn't think that someone who graduated from asu, the #1 ranked college in the world for future strippers, would be so sensitive

who knew
Richard_Lee
Shocky1;842225844 said:

so are you telling me to not post the pictures of my 1st gf at cal who was later featured in playboy's girls of the pac 12 issue?

mrs shockster likes to tell the story that when we were 1st dating that i had that playboy issue on my coffee table as a conversation piece...guess she didn't think that was very classy

you wouldn't think that someone who graduated from asu, the #1 ranked college in the world for future strippers, would be so sensitive

who knew

I thought the #1 ranked college in the world for future strippers was Santa Monica College in Santa Monica or Pierce College in the SF Valley?

LOL.

See, for example, Tasha Reign, proud Santa Monica College alumna and UCLA transferee. And a highly-regarded adult video starlet and feature dancer:

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2013/04/south_county_bubble.php

Shocky1

that would be potential all american guard brittany boyd who led the bears last season to the final four in new orleans

brittany enjoys playing in front of her family (berkeley hs grad) & is the most competitive bb player to wear the golden bears uniform...bb plays her heart out every game with an emotional passion that is both her gift & her curse (less so this yr for the jr)

in speaking with brittany after games in the hallways of haas, she is both articulate & genuinely engaging (particularly to adoring young girls)...to say her fantastic smile is infectious would be an understatement

cal's heavily invested wbb hc lindsey gottlieb says it best, "she was born to be on a basketball court"

if you have never seen in person a cal women's basketball game, you are truly missing something special...watching boyd play at warp speed is like watching a comet descend upon earth

cal family#
the grind#
unbreakable#

Shocky1
Shocky1;842222381 said:

oscar frayer (2016 alan crabbe jr) & damari milstead (2017 top ranked pg in nor cal) made unofficial visits to berkeley for monday night's bears mauling of denver

oscar & damari also played in an informal pick up game with many of the current bears at the rsf prior to the ohio state fb game in sept

both play for moreau catholic (18-10 last season with a predominantly underclassmen team) & hc frank knight (former all state guard at oakland fremont)

knight is building something special at mc (hayward) with his high expectations for his players both academically & athletically...like justin labagh at ccsf, many of frank knight's players will be well qualified to earn schollys if they work hard & follow his principles of success

"if you want to do something transformative and want to be challenged in the classroom and on the court, then moreau would be a good fit"

-frank knight

go mariners#
cal family#
bay areas finest#
the grind#
unbreakable#

oscar frayer

damari milstead

"congrats, keep grinding bro!"-oscar frayer
"yep bro you to. future bear"-ahmaad rorie

cal family#
the grind#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842160939 said:

what are the most apathetic & disinterested fan bases in college basketball?

according to jeff eisenberg the national college bb writer for yahoo sports the 3 worst drawing bcs d1 baskeball programs last season were:

1. usc (4,243 avg)
2. boston college (4,244 avg)
3. stanford (4,530 avg)

at least usc has the excuse that their home games are played in an area that is perceived as unsafe...fight on

stanford has no such excuses...johnny dawkins has run the program into the ground by missing the ncaa tnt each & every yr during his 5 (five) yrs in palo alto and nobody's going to the games anymore

if they miss the tnt again this season despite the large senior class, jd will be fired immediately after the final game

if they make the tnt, there is a 90% chance jd will be fired after likely losing 20+ games in 2014 with an inexperienced team

johnny dawkins will be fired because his teams have never made the ncaa tnt, the fans just don't care anymore & because he's a humorless, really uptight control freak that doesn't relate well to human beings

the odds on favorite to be the next head coach at stanford is harvard's tommy amaker who has done a terrific job of building an ivy league powerhouse...unfortunately for bigs like thomas welsh, playing in a hybrid princeton weave offense will not develop their skills for the next level

crickets

this is stanford basketball#

who was the biggest loser in the stanley johnson sweepstakes?

that would be usc hc andy endfield (whose bb reputation is based upon winning 2 ncaa games)

stanley johnson (who picked arizona for his 1 & dumb season) over kentucky & usc would have brought some excitment (and probably some headaches too like oj mayo) to the trojans program

endfield & his staff spent countless hours in recruiting sj in their unsuccessful efforts to energize the dormant usc bb program

attendance (which was the worst in d1 bb last year per the data above) was only 4116 for the home opener win against cal state earthquake & only 3821 for the squeaker win by 3 over northern arizona...the trojans lost their opener on the road by 13 to utah state

endfield, following the oregon model of zero academic credibility, brought in 2 sr transfers this season:

**dj haley-1.9 ppg & 1.9 boards last season
**peshon howard-arrested while at maryland

the trojans leading scorers this season:

**omar oraby-13.3 ppg (2nd leading scorer)-sr
**jt terrell-10.0 ppg (3rd leading scorer)-sr
**bryon wesley-20.7 ppg (1st leading scorer)-jr

the signed usc recruits for 2014 are very good pg jordan mclaughlin & big men malik price-martin & jabari craig

so what's the future view of usc basketball?

2013-bottom half of the conference, one injury away from being a bdw (bottom dwelling wanker)

2014-no stanley johnson & both oraby & terrel gone, bottom half of the conference, if wesley goes pro/flunks out like dewayne "i love spokane" deadman then bdw

2015-wesley gone, bottom half of the conference

2016-1st realistic opportunity to have a good team

losing the stanley johnson sweepstakes was a huge blow for the trojans bb program from both a credibility & attendance perspective...usc may very well continue as #1 in the ncaa's worst attendance stats as la fan apathy for college bb (lakers own the town) is challenging even under the best of scenarios

this is usc basketball#
fight on#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842200590 said:

congratulations to:

*****mike montgomery
*****travis decuire
*****gregg gottlieb
*****john montgomery
*****jay john
*****cal academic tutors

for successfully cleaning up the ben braun academic cesspool as evidenced by the bb team's recent apr of 955...with the current roster of true student athletes, this # is likely to escalate toward 1000 in the future

who are these bears?

alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price (honorary team member/current playing w/portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price
david kravish-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace-3.5 gpa@bakersfield
ricky kreklow-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
jeff powers-excellent student@delasalle
garrett galvin-4.0 gpa@torrey pines
jabari bird-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
amhaad rorie-3.6 gpa@lincoln & montverde academy

cal fans can expect every player listed above to either leave cal with a degree and/or a nba contract...hopefully the bears' future nba players will eventually return to cal like former nba all star shareef abdur rahim, 3.8 gpa@cal, to graduate

of the 300+ ncaa d1 bb teams, cal is among the most academically elite programs along with duke, stanford, the ivy leagues & the service academies

if anyone can document a d1 bb program (other than the programs listed above) that has student athletes as academically gifted as cal, i will donate $5000 to a university of california (berkeley) educational scholarship program of their choice in their name

#50 yr decision

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

this honor roll is the difference between our current cal student athletes & basketball factories that exploit their workers

it is quite remarkable how our honest & high character coaching staff has turned around the academic fortunes of cal's bb program...sonny dykes & staff will also need to replicate monty's work with cal's fb program

any discussion about a prospective bears bb recruit that doesn't include a gpa/academic profile is worthless

cal degree=opens doors in life

cal family#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842224215 said:

the bears upperclassmen came out with a candy azz soft attitude for the oakland game...after last season's mentally unprepared home loss to harvard, the om (original monsters) need to bring an unbreakable mindset to the team

it is absolutely critical for the bear's upcoming game preparation that the next film session start with the above video clip starting at the 9 minute 20 second mark

this is the most epic interview in the history of cal sports as it reflects the intensity & commitment of true champions

cal family#

the om came out tonight with an unbreakable & intense d mindset as the upperclassmen led the golden bears* to a smash mouth 75-47 beatdown of the southern utah thunderbirds**

*christian behrens made his season debut after a physically & mentally challenging rehab (not the lindsay lohan detox type)
**no animals were actually injured in this wilderness special

aloha baby

concordtom
Shocky1;841940994 said:

how did the bears get to this position where we might have an epic dream team collection of 4&5 star ballers/friends who might potentially lead cal to the final 4?

with the humble ringleader bird and his dad carl in the fold, matthews (interested in haas biz ad, dad is an asst coach at ucla/former usf hc) hopefully commiting this weekend during his official visit, lee's mother (moms know best) favoring cal the most and the bears still in the running for singer (over 30 ppg avg as a jr, nov 10th official visit), german export/import schilling, blue collar jones, hamilton and maybe brown (dad is the lakers hc) and of course the grand prize, gordon, cal recruiting is in a potentially spectacular position for success

2014 is also shaping up with the early commit from amhaad rorie, a seatle pg who is blowing up on the national scene with a 25 ppg avg as only a soph and a heady 3.8 gpa

hopefully local 5 star ivan rabb from bod will decide to be the ringleader for the 2015 class

dominoes baby#
!

Here's the first post in the monster thread, posted Sept 6 last year, 1 day after Jabari Bird verbally committed to Cal. Let's see how these mentioned dominoes fell:

[U]2013 players mentioned[/U]
Bird: was committed, is now at Cal.
Mathews: committed to Cal Sept 9th 2012.
Marcus Lee: at Kentucky
Singer: committed to Cal Oct 2 2012
Gavin Schilling: at Michigan St.
Torren Jones: at Missouri
Isaac Hamilton: committed to UTEP, bailed to UCLA this September
Elijah Brown: at Butler
Aaron Gordon: at Arizona

[U]2014 players mentioned[/U]
Rorie: committed to Cal before any of the above, on March 24 2012

[U]2015 players mentioned[/U]
Ivan Rabb: uncommitted and likely will be for 18 more months

When this thread began, we already had Bird and Rorie (5 and 4 stars, respectively) committed. In the 14 months since, we have added 3-star Mathews, 3-star Singer, 3-star Moute, 3-star Rooks for 2013, and none for 2014 or 2015.
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842205355 said:

richard solomon, one of the nation's rebounding leaders, is finally playing with the relentless passion that the cal coaching staff has always known exists within his heart

"i would love to show up with it every night...playing harder puts you in better positions to be active and get rebounds, block shots, get steals...i'm more focused coming out, i'm trying to focus on playing harder...i just want to get better, individually and collectively"

"i'm trying to take every possession like its my last possession"

living each moment like its your last moment on earth is never a bad thing

let's roll#
the grind#
unbreakable#
calumnus
Shocky1;842227355 said:

richard solomon, one of the nation's rebounding leaders, is finally playing with the relentless passion that the cal coaching staff has always known exists within his heart

"i would love to show up with it every night...playing harder puts you in better positions to be active and get rebounds, block shots, get steals...i'm more focused coming out, i'm trying to focus on playing harder...i just want to get better, individually and collectively"

"i'm trying to take every possession like its my last possession"

living each moment like its your last moment on earth is never a bad thing

let's roll#
the grind#
unbreakable#

I think Solomon has been one of our most passionate players since day one. I think early on, too many things did not go his way (especially foul calls) and many here saw his passion as a negative (and paradoxically saw Crabbe's lack of passion as a negative too). Not only has Solomon improved as a player, especially in the low block, but I think that as a senior he is getting the benefit of the calls he did not get as an underclassman--and he continues to play with passion.
south bender
calumnus;842227398 said:

I think Solomon has been one of our most passionate players since day one. I think early on, too many things did not go his way (especially foul calls) and many here saw his passion as a negative (and paradoxically saw Crabbe's lack of passion as a negative too). Not only has Solomon improved as a player, especially in the low block, but I think that as a senior he is getting the benefit of the calls he did not get as an underclassman--and he continues to play with passion.

Solomon is better than ever this year.

Go Bears!
calumnus
south bender;842227402 said:

Solomon is better than ever this year.

Go Bears!

Definitely. He is a smart, passionate, athletic, well-coached big man who is stronger and is playing with a lot of confidence.
:bravo

We are going to miss him next year.
socaltownie
I am a HUGE solo fan. The next step though for him (in addition to the most important one - walking across the Greek Theater stage if that is where commencement will be in June) - is going up against real front court talent and playing "smart" by knowing when to bump and when not to (and not get upset at himself if the whistles start to blow. We are SO much better when he and David are both on the floor. We will get a better feel for this squads upside next week - just hoping for 2 wins while in the Islands - that would be HUGE.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842168072 said:

richard solomon is now 240 lbs & david kravish is now 230 lbs per s&c drill master scott thom

they both now (finally) have the hardened bodies necessary to dominate in the pac 12 if they can bring a relentless mental toughness every single game

solo has a bb career beyond this year (perhaps even in the nba if he can channel the unbreakable mindset he brought to the syracuse ncca game)...professionals don't pick & choose when they are going to show up or whine at the refs or pick up ticky tack stooopid fouls (and then sit on the bench)

2012 pac 12 rebounding leaders:

1) andre roberson (nba) colorado 11.3 rpg
2) eric moreland (academically ineligible) oregon state 10.6 rpg
3) arsalan kazemi (nba) oregon 9.5 rpg
4) josh huestis stanford 9.3 rpg
5) aziz n'diaye (europe) washington 9.2 rpg
6) kyle anderson ucla 8.6 rpg
7) carrick felix (nba) arizona state 8.2 rpg
7) dwight powell stanford 8.2 rpg
9) dwayne deadman (not drafted) usc 7.0 rpg
9) jordan loveridge utah 7.0 rpg
11) david kravish cal 6.9 rpg
12) jason washburn (europe) utah 6.8 rpg
13) desmond simmons washington 6.6 rpg
13) richard solomon cal 6.6 rpg

in order for the bears to rock a monster 2013 season both solo & doc kravish need to be in the top 5 for pac 12 rebounding with a menacing demeanor

kameron rooks & jabari bird also need to clean the glass for the bears

no more mr nice guys#
jailbreak#
the grind#

the biggest ? for the coaching staff re: the 2013 california golden bears is rebounding because of the production uncertainties of the 1st big off the bench role

thru 4 games:

*****richard solomon-12.5 rpg
*****david kravish-7.3 rpg
*****jabari bird-4.0 rpg
*****tyrone wallace-3.8 rpg
*****jordan mathews-3.8 rpg
*****ricky kreklow-3.0 rpg

jordan mathews (jm needs to continue working on dribbling with his head up for better vision) is a hard nosed kid who knows rebounding angles & is tough enough to fight for loose balls

hard azz rebounding is gonna get real live in maui...bears had better be prepared for wars in the paint

let's roll#
the grind#
unbreakable#
Shocky1
thx to theo robertson's longtime friendship with lou richie, the bod dragons cheered for the bears last night from the cal student rooting section

true student athlete ivan rabb (3.15 gpa & trending upward), the #1 ranked player in the 2015 class, saw the bears up tempo offense & his friend jabari bird up close

bod's other cal target is isiah thomas, 6'7" (expected to grow several more inches) 235 lbs who will team up with ivan for potentially the best front line in california...thomas transfered to bod from kipp king (475 enrollment) in an effort to maximize his academic (3.0+ gpa) & athletic opportunities

isiah is outgoing & very close to his mom (he's a mama's boy like ahmaad & the shockster) and is interested in cal, stanford & his childhood favorite georgetown

bod will next return to berkeley on monday january 20th for the martin luther king jr classic hs tnt at haas

go dragons#
bay areas finest#

ivan rabb

isiah thomas
Shocky1
Shocky1;842222438 said:

documentation re: how girls from mediocre dumb azz schools act when they are around cal guys

mrs degree#

it ain't yale
Shocky1
Shocky1;842214583 said:

wall street hedge fund managers, silicon valley high tech venture capitalists & other financially lucrative careers with stoopid crazytown big $ are best targeted with a business degree

a haas undergraduate school (#2 ranked undergraduate b-school in the united states) degree provides the necessary business skills (ability to find the hidden pipe bomb in 300+ pages of financial & legal documents) to successfully move forward without a mba, thereby saving an additional 2 yrs of schooling

stanford & ucla do not offer undergraduate b-school programs, one must study economics which is a less than optimal area of study if one is pursuing a well rounded business foundation for killing it in business in today's fiercely competitive operating environment...stanford & ucla grads need to then enroll in a mba program for an additional 2 yrs unless they just want to be getting coffee for rock star rainmakers & watching from the bench

how many years do you really want to go to college?

50 yr decision#
50 yr friendships#

$10 million dollar question#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842222710 said:

one of the significant benefits of signing in the fall period vs the spring period is the implicit insurance policy that a loi creates contractually between the player & the school

let's say a player blows out their knee during their sr season in hs...bb can be a violent & cruel sport that can (and has thousands of times) end a star prospect's career during a split second play

so let's walk thru a scenario where a star prospect tears their acl in a career ending injury:

if the player has not signed a loi during the fall period, then he is essentially a free agent & realistically unlikely to receive a bb scholly to any college at that pt...that could mean student loans of $150,000-$200,000

if the player has signed a loi during the fall period, then he reports to his selected school with the other incoming freshmen...once it is medically determined that the player cannot compete anymore, the ncaa guidelines stipulate that the player & school agree to a reasonable time period (probably 4 yrs) for the player to graduate & the school then pays all expenses under a medical retirement scholly (which does not count against the college's 13 active scholly cap)

50 yr decision#

avoid unnecessary risks that have catastrophic financial implications
Shocky1
thomas welsh=good kid

alford's 5 wild wings offense with no pg#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842228092 said:

thomas welsh=good kid

tw's decision will have no impact upon idrissa diallo's recruitment
Shocky1
Shocky1;842141706 said:

aloha

the california golden bears will be playing in the 2013 maui wowie invitational nov 25-27...all games will be played in the intimate oceanfront lahaina civic center (max cap is 2400 & that's only if erin andrews sits on oski's lap the whole game)

the bears 1st opponent on nov 25th will be arkansas who lost their 2 top scorers from last season's 19-13 team:

***bj young (so) 6'3", 180 lbs: 15.2 ppg, .449% fg%, 105 asts, 110 boards (declared for the nba, not drafted)
***marshawn powell (jr) 6"7" 240 lbs: 14.5 ppg, .487 fg%, 174 boards (declared for the nba, not drafted)
**hunter mickelson (5.4 ppg extremely distant cousin of the british open champ transfered to kansas)

young & powell will now join the ranks of college drop outs without a degree seeking a nba tryout or a limited (most leagues cap the number of americans per team) foreign contract...if these longshot deals don't work out, somebody has to bus tables in fayettville at shoneys

this means the leading returning scorers for the razorbacks will be coty clarke (7.6 ppg) & mardacus wade (6.5 ppg which means that true freshmen highly ranked bobby portis & moses kingsley along with houston transfer alandise harris will play key roles...the bears will hopefully exploit the arkansas inexperience

if the bears can maul the razorbacks, then they will meet in the 2nd round on nov 26th the winner of the syrcause/minnesota 1st round matchup, most likely the orangemen

syracuse lost 3 of their top 4 players from last season's fantastic 30-10 season:

***michael carter-williams (so) 6'6" 185 lbs: 11.9 ppg, .393 fg%, 292 asts, 195 boards in 1408 minutes (declared for the nba, 11th overall pick of the philly 76ers)
***brandon triche (sr) 6'4" 210 lbs: 13.6 ppg, .416%, 144 asts, 137 boards in 1351 minutes (signed by charlotte bobcats for nba summer league)
***james southerland (sr) 6'8" 215 lbs: 13.3 ppg, .450 fg%, 176 boards in 1003 minutes (signed by the philly 76ers for nba summer league)

note that mcw & triche accounted for 436 of the teams 563 asts...scoring could be a problem for the orangemen

legit nba 1st rounder prospect cj fair (14.5 ppg, 278 boards) is returning for his sr season & will be a supreme challenge for the bears bigs

if the ncaa levels sanctions for the documented use of street agents, boheim will be forced to "retire"

the championship game on nov 27th will feature likely either baylor (and future lakers starting pg, gary franklin jr) or gonzaga (a bunch of real pale guys with no tans) from the much less competitive lower bracket

for bears fans heading to the islands for a tropical holiday, make sure you go ziplining in lahaina & dine at hawaii's #1 ranked restaurant, mama's fish house (advance rez necessary)

for those bringing their sticks, the shockster's top 5 courses are as follows:

1) kapalua plantation, kapalua (maui): epic coore & crenshaw masterpiece, the best course in hawaii by a significant margin
2) nanea, kailua (kona): charles schwab private retreat downgraded for non walkable routing
3) wailua, wailua (kauai): municipal course along the coast, best value in hawaii
4) kukio, kailua (kona): high end fazio housing development
5) mauna kea, kohala coast (kona): old school classic rtj sr design

pretty big drop off then to hokulia, princeville and the challenge at manele

mahalo

black bikinis#
curfew checks#
biz trip to paradise#

arkansas (3-0) is a young, athletic team with a deep rotation (11 guys avg 10+ minutes per game) that shoot the ball well (.489 fgs %, .745 fts % & .412 3 pters %) and block shots (20 blocks in 3 games)

the razorbacks lack a high level pg distributor/facilitator & are only average on d & rebounding

arkansas will start against cal:

***alandise harris-18.3 ppg
***michael qualls-16.3 ppg
***anthlon bell-12.3 ppg
***bobby portis-9.3 ppg
***coty clarke-6.3 ppg & leading rebounder 7.3 rpg

how will the razorbacks who were abysmal on the road last season handle the long flight to a neutral court in maui?

cal business trip#
oskidunker
Do they play zone? I hope not.
concordtom
Shocky1;842228295 said:

arkansas will start against cal:

***alandise harris-18.3 ppg
***michael qualls-16.3 ppg
***anthlon bell-12.3 ppg
***bobby portis-9.3 ppg
***coty clarke-6.3 ppg & leading rebounder 7.3 rpg

Alandise Harris F 6-6 237 RJr
Michael Qualls G 6-6 210 So.
Anthlon Bell G 6-3 188 So.
Bobby Portis F 6-10 242 Fr.
Coty Clarke F 6-7 232 Sr.

Without figuring out exactly how their bench is going to work, it's clear we need to stop the two 6'6" guys. Could be Bird's first big defensive test. If Kravish and Solo can stay out of foul trouble, this would allow Kreklow to take them on, too. Wallace will surely have a big say in the matter, too! Cobbs should match up well with 6'3" Bell. But, man, looking at it again, Harris is nearly 240 pounds. Maybe Kreklow starts as a defensive SF instead of Bird. That may be too much heft for Wallace or Bird, depending on how he plays (inside/outside). Solo and Kravish would figure to be on the taller Portis and Clarke.
Vandalus
oskidunker;842228302 said:

Do they play zone? I hope not.

Seriously. Oakland's 1-1-3 stymied us.
NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842228092 said:

thomas welsh=good kid

+1. Welsh is a good kid. All the best to him except against us. Go Bears!
gohogs14
We play mostly man, Anderson's system requires fast and athletic guards that can stay with their man in the press. Last year we used a 4 guard lineup at times but this year with our personnel we're a more traditional lineup...we will use zone depending on how the game plays out though.

Quote:

Alandise Harris F 6-6 237 RJr
Michael Qualls G 6-6 210 So.
Anthlon Bell G 6-3 188 So.
Bobby Portis F 6-10 242 Fr.
Coty Clarke F 6-7 232 Sr.

Without figuring out exactly how their bench is going to work, it's clear we need to stop the two 6'6" guys. Could be Bird's first big defensive test. If Kravish and Solo can stay out of foul trouble, this would allow Kreklow to take them on, too. Wallace will surely have a big say in the matter, too! Cobbs should match up well with 6'3" Bell. But, man, looking at it again, Harris is nearly 240 pounds. Maybe Kreklow starts as a defensive SF instead of Bird. That may be too much heft for Wallace or Bird, depending on how he plays (inside/outside). Solo and Kravish would figure to be on the taller Portis and Clarke.

Harris has been coming off the bench for us because that lineup doesn't have a PG, Bell is a SG. Fred Gulley has been starting for us at PG (6'2, 182 Sr) he's no threat to score but is good defensively...transfer from oklahoma state
First Page Last Page
Page 50 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.