cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,278,843 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
antipattern
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842244571 said:

"justin's taught all the freshmen that you can't really dwell on plays because the game's coming at you so fast...in high school it was like "ah i messed up but I can get it back" but here your memory has to be really short...he's taught us by example that your confidence almost has to be border on cockiness because the guy you're playing is just as confident in his abilities as you are yours...if you drop back even a second, he's coming at you...so we're just learning from the older guys every day...if they have anything to say, we learn"

-jordan mathews

cal family#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including yosemite)

Love that painting. One of my favorite Bob Ross works.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842240614 said:

jordan mathews=denzil washington

"classic overachiever," my azz

squared off shoulders + simple release=scorched earth

cal family#
the grind#
unbreakable#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
(including the santa monica pier & mexico city)

jonah mathews (2016 6'1" 160 lb guard) scorched harvard-westlake for 41 pts (including a fireworks 6 3 pters) as santa monica (2-0) blitzed the wolverines 85-73

in the vikings 1st game jonah knocked down 17 pts as the vikings conquered local rival palisades 63-55

coach james hecht of sm says "he's special and the best thing is his best basketball is ahead of him"

frank burlison said a yr ago, "jonah is a much more advanced and fluid ball handler than his sibling was as the same point in their development"

big bro jordan said a yr ago "he already wants to come to cal with me"...should be noted that when jordan made his commitment to the bears last yr, the 1st coach he called was travis decuire

phil mathews=no whining allowed, just hard azz competing=dad of the year

cal family#
the grind#
unbreakable#

"jordan is a coach's son...he takes criticism...his dad (phil) has probably told him a thing or two that would peel paint of the wall"

-mike montgomery

of course everyone knows that jordan & jonah's mom margie is the key to the remarkable mathews family...

swiss_bear
Will he be ready for the next level...?

http://www.cccaastats.org/sports/mbkb/2013-14/players/sammielerakyv02c
calfanz
That doesn't speak very highly of the SE-->Flying Dutchman.
Shocky1
swiss_bear;842244776 said:

Will he be ready for the next level...?

http://www.cccaastats.org/sports/mbkb/2013-14/players/sammielerakyv02c

agreed that sami's stats don't stand out in justin labagh's successful heavy rotation system that relentlessly breaks down opponents...for instance utah's standout newcomer delon wright ppg avg this season is 16.0, last season at ccsf his ppg avg was slightly under 10.0...don't get totally caught up in stats when evaluating ccsf players, ok?

denmark's eleraky is just a shade under 7" & can really run & jump along with a physical style of play...the physical skills are all there, he has a chance to be good if he can put it all together (which he hasn't done yet)...in that sense, sami eleraky's potential is a work in progress like kameron rooks

the bears staff is still evaluating eleraky & he is considered a cal lean if continues to improve & graduate from ccsf this spring

go rams#

the university of california's berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including aalborg & san francisco)

south bender
Dear Shocky,

" = inches

' = feet

Go Bears!
Shocky1
south bender;842244840 said:

Dear Shocky,

" = inches

' = feet

Go Bears!

hmmmm....was kinda wondering how a 7 inch guy could avg 5.8 boards per game

Bobodeluxe
south bender;842244840 said:

Dear Shocky,

" = inches

' = feet

Go Bears!

Say no more!

Wink, wink.
HoopDreams
Jabari has exceeded my expectations. His talent is obvious, and watching him play in a Bears uniform is worth the price of the ticket alone.

south bender
A beautiful experience to be able to watch Jabari grow in so many dimensions.

And clearly we have seen only an extremely small segment of the development he will be making in a Bear uniform.

Go Bears!
OdontoBear66
HoopDreams;842245286 said:

Jabari has exceeded my expectations. His talent is obvious, and watching him play in a Bears uniform is worth the price of the ticket alone.

So happy to have him. A joy to watch. But still, a work in progress. And I think Jabari and dad Carl would even agree to that. He is in good hands with MM. He will be brought around to achieve the greatness we foresee.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842212601 said:

forgot to mention that olympian soccer player alex morgan graduated from cal in 3 & 1/2 yrs with a degree in political economy of industrial societies with a cumulative gpa of 3.256

alex morgan=cal student athlete

cal family#
twerking#

...a cal guy, servando carrasco

mrs shockster thinks "servando es muy guapo"...whatever

servando is a professional soccer player & while at cal was an all pac 10 academic team selection (i.e. he had a high gpa)

keep telling you, smokin' hot bitches like guys with high gpas...it's the undeniable law of the jungle

a cal degree (which is a lot of work & requires great discipline) helps you marry the girl of your dreams

an oregon degree helps you become the night shift supervisor at a truck stop in medford & probably end up marrying a lot lizard

congrats to the bears couple, alex & servando!

Shocky1
Shocky1;842244571 said:

"justin's taught all the freshmen that you can't really dwell on plays because the game's coming at you so fast...in high school it was like "ah i messed up but I can get it back" but here your memory has to be really short...he's taught us by example that your confidence almost has to be border on cockiness because the guy you're playing is just as confident in his abilities as you are yours...if you drop back even a second, he's coming at you...so we're just learning from the older guys every day...if they have anything to say, we learn"

-jordan mathews

cal family#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including yosemite)

at halftime of the santa barbara game i went over to the lady that was yelling "let it fly, ricky...let it fly, ricky" every time he passed up open shots & told her i agreed with her sentiment

i introduced myself & asked her if she was mrs kreklow... she laughed & said "no"...so i asked her who is her favorite bear...she smiled & said "my son justin"

justin's mom julanda brown told me that her son will only have 4 more classes to complete this spring in order to earn a degree from the #1 ranked public university in the world...to say she is proud of her son would be a massive understatement

i spoke with justin at the santa barbara airport on sat morning & told him about his mom's pride in his academic achievements...justin told me he will be speaking to profs about completing his necessary final classes online & by email in order to attend the nba scouting combines after the season (it should be noted that our honest & high character bears bb staff passionately encourages our student athletes to graduate from cal while still pursuing their professional goals, jt & staff failed in this regards as guys dropped out of school in order to work out & prepare for the nfl combines)

i asked justin about an incident during a timeout when he lit up one of his teammates & what he was trying to accomplish...cobbs told me he is trying to better control his emotions & treat all his teammates the same...i told jc that maybe he should do the opposite of that, he can tell his childhood buddy solo to get his head out of his azz but he can't do that to the freshmen (they look up to him so his criticism would just be discouraging)...justin nodded in agreement & we fist bumped adios as we headed to different gates with my parting comment, "hey justin, trust me, when you have kids some day you'll better understand why you gotta treat them differently depending upon their personalities"

justin cobbs=man of steel=true student athlete

cal family#
moms are the rock#
do the right thing#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including los angeles)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842172152 said:

the cal bb staff continues to relentelssly bring in 2015 & 2016 players for unofficial visits with 3 more sacramento area studs visiting berkeley last weekend

*****solomon young 6'6" 215 lbs 2016 power forward with a nonstop motor

*****christian terrell 6'3" 2016 point guard with superior size

*****tre finch 5'10" 2016 emerging point guard

50 yr decision#
sacramento mayor kevin johnson, cal grad & $30+m nba earnings#
ryan anderson, 1st team all pac 12 at cal & $10+m nba earnings#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including sacramento, elk grove, el dorado hills, etc.)

the sacramento dragons (2-0) flamed the archbishop riordan crusaders 77-64

*****solomon young: 20 pts on 7-12 shooting including a theo robertson like 5-7 on 3 pters & 8 boards & 5 blocks

*****christian terrell: 12 pts on 5-11 shooting & 7 boards & 4 assists & 3 blocks

*****tre finch: 11 pts on 3-7 shooting & 4 assists

the dragons then kicked to the curb the newark memorial cougars 54-49 with solomon young scoring 19 pts including a perfect 4-4 on 3 pters & a dominating 18 boards (15 on d) with only 2 turnovers (playing under control)

solomon young can light it up from behind the 3 pt line & pound inside for rebounds

while the bears are already building strong relationships with key targeted 2016 & 2017 players, it all started with the om (original monsters of crabbe, solomon & cobbs) & then the cal monster class

recruiting is like schoolwork, do your homework early & be prepared for all possibilities, last minute cramming for finals does not work...td gets it

cal family#
HoopDreams
waiting in the wings...

Shocky1
Shocky1;842209799 said:

former cal all american (and graduate) & phoenix suns all star ($30+m nba earnings) & current mayor of sacramento kevin johnson talks about the importance of a strong hs education:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/28/living/schools-mayors-education/index.html

political analysts speculate that kj's next office may be the governor of california which would then lead to a run for the white house...would be very cool to see a framed portrait of oski in the oval office...how many bb programs (princeton & bill bradley comes to mind) ever have produced a potential future candidate for the president of the united states?

key bears sacramento targets cameron oliver (2014), marquese chriss (2015), solomon young (2016), christian terrell (2016) & tre finch (2016) will hopefully continue to focus on competing both on the basketball court & in the classroom

cal degree+hard work=opens doors in life

cal family#
unbreakable#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including sacramento)

cal family#
education matters#
fashion matters (pink is the new black)#
50 yr decision#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842241052 said:

played this week with bubba watson (the 6 foursomes all played 3 holes with him) at the tpc scottsdale stadium course in a corporate outing

bubba joins our group on the par 5 13th tee & during my pre shot routine of turning 3 times with the driver behind my back he says "woah, woah, what's that all about?"

so i tell him (with the cameras rolling, his round was recorded by a camerman & mic person along with a gopher) that "some of us do yoga, so that way when we play the 10th hole at augusta national we hit it in the fairway instead of 60 yards to the right deep into the woods" (watson won the 2012 masters with a miraculous recovery shot on the 10th hole after a crooked drive)

then i proceed to drop my driver and do a 30 second headstand on the tee box...polite applause from bubba

next tee bubba asks me as i'm moving into my tee shot, "you got a cal hat, are you a hippie?"

i look bubba in the eye and ask him "bubba, being from the south and all, do you think hippies should be allowed to vote?"

flicker of recongition in bubba's eyes that he doesn't have enough game to keep up with me when it comes to trash talking

since everybody else is in golfcarts, bubba & i walked the 3 holes together and i learned the following info:

***he's never had sushi
***he confirmed he resigned from whisper rock because his wife angie, a 3 handicpap & college bb player, never felt welcomed there
***belongs to estancia in north scottsdale, shot a 61 there the day before
***records his non tour rounds & is a +7.6 handicap
***majored in economics at georgia
***was interested in my becoming the 13th (and youngest) person to play the world's top 100 courses...his favorite course on tour is muirfield village

bubba went eagle, birdie & eagle for the 3 holes

so as we finish up on the island green par 5 15th hole, he asks me in front of the cameras, "hey shocky, i was 5 under for those holes, what were you yoga boy?"

burn

namaste#

bubba watson isn't my favorite golfer...not even close

Shocky1
HoopDreams;842166215 said:

The Original Monster Class

solo pounded inside with brute strength & crafty footwork for 17 pts on a highly efficient 7-9 fgs along with a dominating 14 boards, 2 blocks and even 3 steals & 2 assists

richard is becoming the unbreakable inside presence he's been growing into since the syracuse ncaa monster breakout performance last season before his cornea reshaping ray charles incident in maui...scouts are wondering if solo can consistently bring forth the effort or if he's gonna mail it in sometimes like he's done in the past

"i think that allen (crabbe) had something to do with richard becoming used to his role as a post player...i think crabbe told him to get in there and do what you do and that how you'll get to the next level...that's where you're going to make your money and have a chance...he's been pretty effective...he's a little concerned in that he felt that after the scratched eye (who knew that monty was a practicing opthomologist?) he wasn't playing as well as he had up to that point...i wouldn't disagree with that...he was in a rhythm...hopefully tonight was a start back to where he was"

-mike montgomery

cal family#
50 yr friendships#
battles in the paint#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842245623 said:

the sacramento dragons (2-0) flamed the archbishop riordan crusaders 77-64

*****solomon young: 20 pts on 7-12 shooting including a theo robertson like 5-7 on 3 pters & 8 boards & 5 blocks

*****christian terrell: 12 pts on 5-11 shooting & 7 boards & 4 assists & 3 blocks

*****tre finch: 11 pts on 3-7 shooting & 4 assists

the dragons then kicked to the curb the newark memorial cougars 54-49 with solomon young scoring 19 pts including a perfect 4-4 on 3 pters & a dominating 18 boards (15 on d) with only 2 turnovers (playing under control)

solomon young can light it up from behind the 3 pt line & pound inside for rebounds

while the bears are already building strong relationships with key targeted 2016 & 2017 players, it all started with the om (original monsters of crabbe, solomon & cobbs) & then the cal monster class

recruiting is like schoolwork, do your homework early & be prepared for all possibilities, last minute cramming for finals does not work...td gets it

cal family#

solomon young scored 20 pts on 8-18 shooting (0-4 on 3 pters) with 6 boards, 4 blocks & an uncharacteristic 6 turnovers as sacramento (2-1) lost a thrillah 78-75 to the highly ranked capital christian (5-0) cougars (demi moore is the team mascot)

go dragons#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842216109 said:

former cal all american (and graduate) & phoenix suns all star ($30+m nba earnings) & current mayor of sacramento kevin johnson talks about the importance of a strong hs education:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/28/living/schools-mayors-education/index.html

political analysts speculate that kj's next office may be the governor of california which would then lead to a run for the white house...would be very cool to see a framed portrait of oski in the oval office...how many bb programs (princeton & bill bradley comes to mind) ever have produced a potential future candidate for the president of the united states?

key bears sacramento targets cameron oliver (2014, academically a longshot for cal), marquese chriss (2015), solomon young (2016) & christian terrell (2016) will hopefully continue to focus on competing both on the basketball court & in the classroom

cal degree+hard work=opens doors in life

cal family#
unbreakable#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including sacramento)

2015's ultra bouncy wing marquese chriss from elk grove's pleasant grove will be unofficially visiting cal this sun...chriss originally was going to visit berkeley on sept 7th with solomon young, christian terrell & trey finch but had to reschedule due to an illness

mc would probably like to remind jordan mathews how his pleasant grove eagles conquered jm's santa monica vikings 73-57 in last season's state championship game

chriss is a +1 athlete that plays the 3 at 6'7" 180 lbs and has never worked with weights (cal's s&c guru scott thom could change his world) & already has offers from vanderbilt, san diego state, washington and asu...more offers will be forthcoming

marquese is also strong student with an interest in majoring in electrical engineering and a 3.15 gpa with a challenging class schedule including algebra 2...he is more like kevin johnson than malik pope in terms of being academically well rounded

mc's mom shawntae wright & grandpa would surely enjoy watching him close to home in berkeley...

cal family#

marquese chriss scored 26 pts with 18 boards as the pleasant grove eagles were birds of prey 67-61 vs the granite bay grizzlies...coaches from both vanderbilt & washington were in attendance

chriss was limited to 10 pts as the eagles were endangered 76-57 by the consumes oaks wolfpack (the team is wisely not allowed to travel to any tnts in las vegas)

hotel california#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842242773 said:

the bears first 7 players are pretty solidified (will be interesting to see if jordan potentially starts tues nite vs nevada with jabari coming off the bench)

cal's success (or failure) this season will be determined to a large extent by the production from the wide open 8th, 9th & 10th spots

sitting behind the bench at the santa barbara game, it was disappointing to observe that the guys behind the first 7 players were not actively participating & mentally engaged during the team's timeout discussions

they looked like stoned out transients from people's park looking lost in space...to their credit, none of them were incoherently mumbling to themselves about dudes from mars stealing their stuff

they could learn from the then injured ricky kreklow last season who got his broken down azz (and foot) into the middle of every timeout while enthusiastically pumping up his teammates & actively listening to the coaches outline strategies (taking important mental reps)

ricky kreklow is gonna be a wildly successful hc and/or multi millionaire rainmaker in biz someday, he's always gonna have a good looking gf (or wife) that adores him, he's gonna have loving kids that respect him, he's gonna achieve his dreams because he is 100% physically & mentally engaged at all times with his full buy in commitment to excellence...ricky gets it

funny thing is that some guys are always gonna say that ricky is "lucky"...wrong, ricky kreklow is engineering his "luck" in life

i get it, sitting on the bench isn't fun (life is tough, get over it)...the solution isn't to mentally check out/throw a pity party for your sorry azz but rather to grind harder & be mentally tougher

so who are these guys?

*****sam singer-brings passing skills...a gym rat, sam needs to practice a 1000 3 pters a day/night so that when his name is called he will let it fly without hesitation with nothing to fear

*****kameron rooks-brings size...kameron needs to develop a reliable seal & finish move around the basket

*****roger moute a bidias-brings energy...roger needs to work hard with the s&c program & knock down open 10-12 footers

*****jeff powers-brings 3 pt shooting skills...imo the staff is undervaluing jeff's ability to shoot the bears back from losing situations when the starters are off their games

*****christian behrens-brings length & ball skills-christian needs to get 100% healthy

the bears 8 thru 10 roles are still wide open...pt is available

so knock off the dumb azz lost in space crap during timeouts, ok?

cal family#
boats against the current#
the grind#
unbreakable#

great to see the bears bench much more vocal, enthusiastic & mentally engaged vs fresno state

not making any excuses for anyone but the thunderdome in santa barbara was literally the coldest gym i have ever endured (i've walked 36 holes over 6 hrs with 40 degree temps & 5 club winds in northern ireland that have felt warmer) that might have contributed to the dumb azz lost in space crap during the sb game timeouts...a cal player told me that ricky kreklow explained to him that he (rk) passed up open 3 pt shots during the sb game because he never felt physically warmed up

"we played 7 guys in pretty tight rotation...kameron and sam got some time tonight...i don't know what the answer is, i want people to be able to thrive in the role that they're in...i think sometimes that there's a bunch of us who think the game is about scoring compared to all the other things: rebounding, defending...we've got to get to that mindset and let the offense take care of itself...i don't want anybody to be concerned about the whole thing...it's got to be about our team and trying to find the best solution and best rotation pattern to be successful"

-mike montgomery
HoopDreams
it's easy to forget after the first game that we have 5 freshmen on this year's team that six months ago were sitting in their high school history class. We give them one game as a newbie, and then analyze every shot, move, mistake they make as if they were NBA professionals.

but basketball is a game, and these players are here for the love of that game. I really like this photo, because it shows what kinda players they are, and it has nothing to do with whether we make a run for the tournament or not.

proud of the players who are representing Cal basketball and the University

parentswerebears
That is what I am talking about. Great to see it!
OdontoBear66
Shocky1;842245655 said:

bubba watson isn't my favorite golfer this month...not even close

And such leads to opthalmaskepsus (sp?), but contemplation of one's (especially her) naval cannot be all bad.
Shocky1
a couple of observations from sitting on the floor of haas vs fresno state:

***james harden's ferret faced bodyguard stood directly behind him with his hands firmly placed on the back of harden's folding chair during the game & made threatening gestures to everyone in the vicinity...so i walked over to mr ferret face & said "nice job keeping those perps away from james" gesturing at the little kids waiting to get moses's autograph (did not see harden honor a single fan request/autograph)...steroid boy looked over to see who i was talking about & then gave me his best stallone menacing look when he realized i was giving him crap...to make sure he got the point, as i walked back to my seat i said, "hey, nice balco jacket, pal"

harden should spend more of his $78.78m 5 yr contract on youth community activities and less on douche bag bodyguards

***screaming from the rooftops, helped the rally committee jinx arguably the worst free throw shooter in d1 basketball, karachi edo of fresno state

***checked out the assets of the cal dance team...i behaved myself & did not fold up any dollar bills for them

***pissed off the pac 12 network cameraman by jumping out of my seat every 38 seconds to yell about something thereby blocking his camera's view of the game (he moved to a different spot 5 minutes into the game after the director in the truck probably told him that half of his footage was of my butt)

***went over to the cal band conductor & respectfully asked him if they were going to play m83's "midnight city"...he seemed surprised by my request & politely said "no"... i asked him if he could play it for me & that it's currently my favorite song...so the cal band rocked "midnight city" during the next timeout to the sing along excitement of the shockster

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=midnight+city+concert+footage+m83&qpvt=midnight+city+concert+footage+m83&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=4951AC5C3E8490F1767D4951AC5C3E8490F1767D

isn't the cal band supposed to play our requested songs like the piano guy at the bevery hills hotel's polo lounge?...i dunno, maybe the cal band needs a tip jar or something

next time i'm gonna ask the cal band to play bay area's indie group, the limousines "we are very busy people"
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the+limousines+we+are+very+busy+people&qpvt=the+limousines+we+are+very+busy+people&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=562866E831FE45E6A4C5562866E831FE45E6A4C5

there were 9342 fans having fun at haas, where were you?

cal family#
the magic of haas#
cal band is great#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842243075 said:

sacramento's bionic man cameron oliver blew up for 31 pts, 14 boards, 5 blocks & 4 assists as the grant (2-1) pacers ran by an athletic oakland 68-55 on the road

the surgically repaired oliver is 6'7" 205 lbs & is regarded by the bears staff as a 3/4 combo player...a source told me that he is the off the charts +1 athlete the bears need to become an elite 8 & better team

cal's competition will be oregon (offer, made an official visit to eugene), arizona (no offer yet) & ucla ("potential offer") along with a long list of out of state schools

cameron's dad doyle & uncle toured berkeley during cameron's official visit to cal during which the staff outlined an academic (my advice, don't take any chemistry classes in college, cameron) gameplan for the articulate oliver

cameron says "it's (cal) like a home away from home for me and i've been there many times...i want a family oriented program where it feels like home...academics are important...as far a early playing time, yes, that's something i'm looking at but it's not a huge factor...i'm going to have to earn minutes wherever i go"

both cameron oliver & sami eleraky are cal's key spring 2014 prospects (the bears have room for both or otherwise the staff will likely hold an extra scholly until 2015)...cameron will be playing in the bay area starting dec 27th at marin catholic's don bambauer tnt for several games-check him out then

sure hope cameron's dad doyle voted for sacramento's mayor kevin johnson...

cal family#
50 yr decision#

cameron oliver successfully competed 4 days in a row in the mcdonalds edison classic on his surgically repaired knee for the grant (5-2) pacers

*****scored 19 pts in a 57-50 taming of the tokay tigers
*****scored 26 pts including 3-4 3 pters & 8 boards in only 18 minutes in a 85-40 walloping of the woeful johnson warriors
*****scored 27 pts in a 85-82 loss to the hungry central fresno grizzlies
*****scored 25 pts in a 61-47 jousting of the brookside christian knights

relentless recruiter & cal bigs coach gregg gottlieb scouted cw during the tnt

cameron will need both improved 1st semester grades & test scores to receive an actionable cal offer

grant hs is an athletic but unfortuantely not an academic powerhouse...yet syd thompson (nfl) & worrell williams along with current defensive linemen starting players vei moala (jr) & puka lopa (blueshirt soph) are among the grant pacers that have successfully competed for the cal football team

pretty sure that cameron's dad doyle would enjoy driving his family from sacramento to berkeley to cheer for his talented son in college...

cal family#
gpas matter#
50 yr decision#

SFCityBear
What was Harden doing at the Cal game anyway? Scouting?
Vandalus
Shocky1;842245655 said:

bubba watson isn't my favorite golfer this month...not even close

I would definitely go a few rounds with her. Shockster, if you ever meet this one on the links, have me on speed dial please. I will be there in time for the 19th hole. Thanks!
Optimistic Bear
SFCityBear;842246310 said:

What was Harden doing at the Cal game anyway? Scouting?

Pretty sure hes close with Justin Cobbs. Probably there to see him play. Only an educated guess, probably an LA thing.
Vandalus
Optimistic Bear;842246440 said:

Pretty sure hes close with Justin Cobbs. Probably there to see him play. Only an educated guess, probably an LA thing.

He was there to check out our cheerleaders.
Shocky1
Vandalus;842246498 said:

He was there to check out our cheerleaders.

did seem to notice the dance team was missing 2 dancers at the end of the game...

maybe oski knows what's up
Shocky1
Shocky1;842200590 said:

congratulations to:

*****mike montgomery
*****travis decuire
*****gregg gottlieb
*****john montgomery
*****theo robertson
*****jay john
*****cal academic tutors

for successfully cleaning up the ben braun academic cesspool as evidenced by the bb team's recent apr of 955...with the current roster of true student athletes, this # is likely to escalate toward 1000 in the future

who are these bears?

alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price (honorary team member/current playing w/portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price
david kravish-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace-3.5 gpa@bakersfield
ricky kreklow-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
jeff powers-excellent student@delasalle
garrett galvin-4.0 gpa@torrey pines
jabari bird-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
amhaad rorie-3.6 gpa@lincoln & montverde academy
idrissa diallo-3.4 gpa@cathedral

cal fans can expect every player listed above to either leave cal with a degree and/or a nba contract...hopefully the bears' future nba players will eventually return to cal like former nba all star shareef abdur rahim, 3.8 gpa@cal, to graduate

of the 300+ ncaa d1 bb teams, cal is among the most academically elite programs along with duke, stanford, the ivy leagues & the service academies

if anyone can document a d1 bb program (other than the programs listed above) that has student athletes as academically gifted as cal, i will donate $10,000 to a university of california (berkeley) educational scholarship program of their choice in their name

#50 yr decision

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

the above is the MOST IMPORTANT stat sheet in cal basketball

good luck to our players as they study night & day for finals this week at the #1 public university in the world

also props to 2014 bears prospects cameron oliver, sami eleraky & matt cimino (john foletta publicly broke this story) with their pursuit of academic excellence & bright futures

cal family#
50 yr decision#

HoopDreams
Allen Crabbe committed to Cal early, and then blew up. But he stuck with his bro Richard Solomon and followed through with his commitment to come to Cal.

After earning Pac 12 Player of the Year (3rd POY for Coach Monty) he achieved his dream and made it to the League

Shocky1

happy 27th b-day to the greatest 3 pt % shooter in the history of cal bb history & important player in the bear's recruitments of 2014-2017 key targeted prospects

cal family#
50 yr friendships#

south bender
To an exemplary Bear, wishing him the best this and every day!
First Page Last Page
Page 55 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.