cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,276,295 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Shocky1

left to right, sammy "ice in his veins" singer, jordan "the talker" mathews, dwight "the glue" tarwater, david "get that **** out of here" kravish, jabari "alcatraz" bird , tyrone "love it" wallace & brandon "the sniper" chauca

nobody roots for his california golden bears teammates harder than sammy singer, so it's not surprising the absolute mob scene of genuine love & affection from his teammates & coaches that engulfed him after his lethal dagger to the heart 3 pointer to lead his bears to a cliff hanging victory at alaska airlines arena over a bitterly disappointed lorenzo romar washington huskies team

coach claude grubair would simply just tell you, sam has always had the heart of a champion

let it fly, baby

love these guys, they are beggin' for you to do your part too & get to haas pavilion this thursday nite vs the usc trojans and loudly growl like an insane out of control bear that hasn't had sex in a long time (i dunno, like maybe since last nite or something)

this is cal basketball#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842398188 said:

jabari, jordan, kameron, roger & sammy are all exceptional human beings, hard working students (men take care of their business) & tremendous teammates, my respect & admiration for them extends far beyond their significant basketball skills...just like my rescue pets, i love these guys maybe even more cuz they don't chew up my favorite yoga pants and/or take dumps under the piano (hard to make beautiful music while barefoot with special presents underfoot)

50 year friendships#

this is cal basketball#:cheer
Shocky1

yeah, shocky is a mile high club member

let's do this#
mikecohen
Shocky1;842447081 said:

left to right, sammy "ice in his veins" singer, jordan "the talker" mathews, dwight "the glue" tarwater, david "get that **** out of here" kravish, jabari "alcatraz" bird & brandon "the sniper" chauca

nobody roots for his california golden bears teammates harder than sammy singer, so it's not surprising the absolute mob scene of genuine love & affection from his teammates & coaches that engulfed him after his lethal dagger to the heart 3 pointer to lead his bears to a cliff hanging victory at alaska airlines arena over a bitterly disappointed lorenzo romar washington huskies team

coach claude grubair would simply just tell you, sam has always had the heart of a champion

love these guys, they are beggin' for you to do your part too & get to haas pavilion this thursday nite vs the usc trojans and loudly growl like an insane out of control bear that hasn't had sex in a long time (i dunno, like maybe since last nite or something)

this is cal basketball#

Assuming that's Tyrone between Bird & Chauca
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#000080"]Sam Singer's[/COLOR] box score:

5-8 shooting, 5 assists, 5 rebounds, 1 steal...oh and 1-1 from three[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[COLOR="#000080"][SIZE=7]David Kravish >>> Cal Career Block Record[/SIZE][/COLOR]

(and 6-8 shooting, 4-6 FTs, 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal)

this is one of his two blocks today...

Shocky1
mikecohen;842447148 said:

Assuming that's Tyrone between Bird & Chauca

yeah mike, missed that & now corrected, was kinda distracted

t-wall is probably gonna give me a free pass for that oversight

super bowl xlix#
Shocky1
tyler, caleb & ivan: are these the kind of guys you wanna call teammates in 2015?
[video]https://instagr.am/p/yk0sbNOV-O[/video]

nick hamilton is a winner#
Shocky1
marshawn

shocky

ivan (with apologies to paris austin)

http://vimeo.com/45797764

50 year friendships#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4]Congrates [COLOR="#0000CD"]Shane Vereen[/COLOR] on winning the Super Bowl[/SIZE]

wearing the same no. 34...

Shocky1
Shocky1;842447447 said:

marshawn

shocky

50 year friendships#

sorry ronald#
montera middle school rug rats#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842446739 said:

tyler dorsey scored 31 points including 25 points in the 2nd half as the marantha minutemen were bitten 76-51 by the chino hills huskies with huf in the stands at the fairfax classic

td is arguably the most en fuego scoring guard in the nation right now

yeah, ronald mcdonald & sean miller are dumb azzs

good luck to td & his dad jerrid on their decision to commit to dana altman's oregon basektball program

50 year decision#
socaltownie
Shocky1;842447887 said:

good luck to td & his dad jerrid on their decision to commit to dana altman's oregon basektball program

50 year decision#

+1. We are going to lose recruits. Happens and no harm no foul. Kids making decisions to affiliate with a quasi-criminal enterprise....well...best of luck. Their priorities are right there out in the open.

(Yes, would have stung but I would have said god speed to going to CU - a school I know well and which can offer a good education in a wonderful part of the country).
Big C
socaltownie;842447890 said:

+1. We are going to lose recruits. Happens and no harm no foul. Kids making decisions to affiliate with a quasi-criminal enterprise....well...best of luck. Their priorities are right there out in the open.

(Yes, would have stung but I would have said god speed to going to CU - a school I know well and which can offer a good education in a wonderful part of the country).

i wish td had bothered to read this thread
Shocky1
Shocky1;842241052 said:

played this week with bubba watson (the 6 foursomes all played 3 holes with him) at the tpc scottsdale stadium course in a corporate outing

bubba joins our group on the par 5 13th tee & during my pre shot routine of turning 3 times with the driver behind my back he says "woah, woah, what's that all about?"

so i tell him (with the cameras rolling, his round was recorded by a camerman & mic person along with a gopher) that "some of us do yoga, so that way when we play the 10th hole at augusta national we hit it in the fairway instead of 60 yards to the right deep into the woods" (watson won the 2012 masters with a miraculous recovery shot on the 10th hole after a crooked drive)

then i proceed to drop my driver and do a 30 second headstand on the tee box...polite applause from bubba

next tee bubba asks me as i'm moving into my tee shot, "you got a cal hat, are you a hippie?"

i look bubba in the eye and ask him "bubba, being from the south and all, do you think hippies should be allowed to vote?"

flicker of recongition in bubba's eyes that he doesn't have enough game to keep up with me when it comes to trash talking

since everybody else is in golfcarts, bubba & i walked the 3 holes together and i learned the following info:

***he's never had sushi
***he confirmed he resigned from whisper rock because his wife, a 3 handicpap & college vb player, never felt welcomed there
***belongs to estancia in north scottsdale, shot a 61 there the day before
***records his non tour rounds & is a +7.6 handicap
***majored in economics at georgia
***was interested in my becoming the 13th (and youngest) person to play the world's top 100 courses...his favorite course on tour is muirfield village

bubba went eagle, birdie & eagle for the 3 holes

so as we finish up on the island green par 5 15th hole, he asks me in front of the cameras, "hey shocky, i was 5 under for those holes, what were you yoga boy?"

burn

namaste#

my favorite bubba finished 2nd (couldn't close the deal this time) this past week at the pga waste mgmt open at the tpc scottsdale shooting 14 under & earning $470,440

much more importantly, bubba & his wife angie finalized their adoption of a 2nd child, dakota...angie told bubba on their 1st date that she could never have children, that didn't stop watson from falling in love with her...individuals with clarity of vision/focus & strong beliefs are not deterred by setbacks, that's life

one love#
Shocky1
at glendale stadium last nite i spot kim kardashian walking near the suites & intend to go over and ask what's up but she's got a couple of bodyguards with her...i dunno but i'm kinda rethinking about replacing kanye, why does she think she needs them bodyguards?...there are a lot of public figures at super bowls & the police presence is noticeable, the bodyguards thing is totally unnecessary & kinda high maintenance to be honest with you

another potential problem, if she starts going to cal games with me posting up in low cut dresses, how's t-wall gonna focus on them free throws?

HoopDreams
[COLOR="#000080"]Jorge Gutierrez[/COLOR] gets his first start with the NBA Milwaukee Bucks, in their win vs the Toronto Raptors

Shocky1
at the halfway point of the pac 12 season, the surprise team has gotta be the oregon state beavers...despite only 1 big time player/talent in gary payton jr, osu is an impressive 14-7 on the year including an upset of arizona (their inability to accurately shoot the basketball will cause them to miss out on the final 4 and/or a very early exit in the ncca tnt & then the wildcats entire current starting 5 will leave tucson after the final game leaving them good but not great for 2015)...the beavs are playing old school basketball with a slow tempo offense that grinds opponents & a relentless d that contests every shot for 40 minutes

yeah, former montana head coach wayne tinkle is doing a solid job in corvallis but to be honest with you i always thought he would end up at austin peay

Big C
Shocky1;842448324 said:

at the halfway point of the pac 12 season, the surprise team has gotta be the oregon state beavers...despite only 1 big time player/talent in gary payton jr, osu is an impressive 14-7 on the year including an upset of arizona (their inability to accurately shoot the basketball will cause them to miss out on the final 4 and/or a very early exit in the ncca tnt & then the wildcats entire current starting 5 will leave tucson after the final game leaving them good but not great for 2015)...the beavs are playing old school basketball with a slow tempo offense that grinds opponents & a relentless d that contests every shot for 40 minutes

yeah, former montana head coach wayne tinkle is doing a solid job in corvallis but to be honest with you i always thought he would end up at austin peay

Or maybe in one of the European leagues...
Shocky1
Big C_Cal;842448582 said:

Or maybe in one of the European leagues...

3 guys at a urinal side by side

1st guy finishes & then cleans himself with soap up to his forearms...he says to the other guys, "i graduated from harvard, they taught us to be clean"

2nd guy finishes up & then takes only 1 paper towel...he says to the other guys, "i graduated from cal, they taught us to be environmentally conscious"

3rd guy finishes up & then heads out without washing...he says to the other guys, "i graduated from oregon after i got hurt playing basketball and i gotta get back to work before i get fired at the truck stop in medford"

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842445913 said:

after being burned back door late in the the arizona game, a completely pissed off jabari bird screamed at the skies..i turned to my daughter shay & told her that maybe our former mcdonald's all american is gonna start playing with a little more passion & intensity this season

tonite the bird was in a 100% attack mode with a team high 8 rebounds & focused d...during jb's career at cal he has usually pulled up short on loose balls to avoid violent collisions, that was not the case tonite...yeah, the 12 points & 2 assists were important but it was jabari's intense demeanor in boarding & physical style of play on d that suggest the bird is gonna start flying

strong offensive game for jb vs washington scoring 12 points on an efficient 6-10 fgs in the bears strongest offensive outburst since the syracuse victory with dicky v, jeff "3 chins" goodman & kanye jr (me) all sitting courtside at madison square garden

but bird got abused a couple of times defensively by the huskies & only managed 2 rebounds (in 23 minutes) both of which were offensive putbacks after his misses...jb also pulled up several times again on 50/50 loose balls to avoid violent collisions, look if you're worried about getting hurt, let's get a hockey mask for your face & then's let go kick some azz, ok?

the primary difference in terms of nba evaluations between jabari bird & aaron gordon is that gordon's got a non stop physical motor that relentlessly is running all the ******* time

a large asu donor/golf buddy told me that the sun devils scouting report says that you don't like contact & that if you are bumped early & often you will get frustrated & thrown off your game...jabari, is that **** true?

usc is a crooked shooting team (.413 fgs & .304 3 pointers) so there's gonna be a lot of long azz rebounds & 50/50 balls all game...to the trojans credit they are physical & manhandled your teammates (you dnp because of the injury) when they played candy azz soft last month at the galen center

jabari, can we count on both you & jordan mathews to fight/crash the boards for a dozen+ rebounds together from your wing positions?...zero defensive rebounds from you again will result in a bears defeat, count on it...can we count on you to consistently stay in a strong defensive position (not standing straight up) & play to your virtually unlimited potential?

when i attended a closed cal basketball practice before the season, i asked nicodemus who had really worked hard & improved their bodies during the offseason...yeah, he's real diplomatic and all but i finally got him to tell me that you might've made the biggest strides forward in muscle gain, etc...you are physically capable of 10+ board game vs usc, nobody outworked you last offseason

jabari, to your credit, you no longer whine about officials' calls like you did last season...solo & cobbs were not good role models for you in that sense...you are playing focused basketball, trying to make a difference with your head in the game, you are truly a great teammate

but you gotta bring it boarding & defensively thursday nite at haas pavilion for the bears to earn another hard fought victory

out
OdontoBear66
So what's happening tomorrow Shocky? What do your tea leaves say? You have caucused, pleaded, cajoled in any way. Do we get him?
Shocky1
OdontoBear66;842448900 said:

So what's happening tomorrow Shocky? What do your tea leaves say? You have caucused, pleaded, cajoled in any way. Do we get him?

i dunno what's gonna happen on national signing day in mid april but you can be assured the outcome isn't gonna be negatively impacted by anybody on the bears staff sitting on their azz
Shocky1
Shocky1;842439827 said:

coach martin is spending a lot of time in haas pavilion

cuonzo along with his staff & players are working their azzs off to move the cal basketball program forward, to pursue a vision that fulfills the potential of the excellence at the #1 public (#3 overall) university in the world

so what's coach gonna dream about?...his family, probably...stylish hair like tyler dorsey, waste of time...yeah, at some time after midnite coach is gonna dream about them diamonds

this is cal basketball#

as some point, you gotta look in the mirror & be honest with yourself, are you really a true california golden bears basketball fan or are you a fake model (someone who passively watches the team on tv)?

i'm gonna bring old timer sfcitybear to the usc game at 8:00 pm at haas pavilion to share the dream (and maybe learn something)

yeah, haas is my palace

what's your palace?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842447447 said:

marshawn

shocky

50 year friendships#

mcdonald all americans (noted for their unselfish team play of sharing the ball & making their teammates better as opposed to just jacking up 25 shots a game with almost no assists for a losing team) ivan rabb & caleb swanigan have been also named to the 11 person usa basketball men's junior national select team which will play in portland on april 11th

congrats to both ivan & caleb, the accolades are well deserved

if these friends from their time together at the usa gold medal championship in dubai decide to room together at cal, they gonna need to find some seriously bigger bunk beds
Shocky1
[video=youtube;KXAQuF37F98][/video]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842423698 said:

ben kone, a 6'8" 240 lbs 2016 mitty & oakland soldier, unofficially visited with the cal bb staff this summer in berkeley

kone played at salesian as a freshman (recalls being dunked on by jabari daily in practice) & last season at mitty accumulated 12 ppg, 12 rpg, a fluid 5.5 apg, 3 blocks & 2 steals per game

ben has transformed his body & impressed the cal coaches with a 26 pt explosion at the pump n' run in anaheim this july

the former skiboarder needs to continue to work on his fitness, ball handling & shots off the dribble...kone is already a ferocious rebounder at the 4, an actively engaged defender with a high motor & an excellent ft shooter (highly unusual for a young big)...in many ways, he is like a young leon powe

ben & his mom kristy are very close which would make the opportunity to continue playing locally at the #1 public university in the world with ringleader oscar frayer & other soldiers a highly attractive option

cal family#
salute#

the cal coaching staff has made an offer to ben kone, his 1st pac 12 offer

kone now has offers from cal, san diego state, new mexico & new mexico state

"anything in life that's worth doing, is worth over doing...moderation is for cowards#lets hoop"
-ben kone

"big thanks to coach martin and the entire cal coaching staff for the calls tonight...we appreciate the offer!"
-kristy kone

jon harris is gonna be frequently making the short drive to san jose to further build relationships with ben & kristy kone, coach do you need any directions?

this is an old school song but still relevant today..."fame and fortune is a magnet it can pull you far away from home and all the stars that never were are parking cars and pumping gas"...not a problem if you gotta a degree from the #1 public (#3 overall) university in the world (including san jose)

check out the final 20 seconds of this video for a wonderfully insightful interview with ben kone (not to be confused with kanyae) after he scored 17 points in mitty's 61-42 victory vs st francis
[video=youtube;JbYeJ9eEY0o][/video]

did he really attribute the win to "the line of energy transfer?"

ben is 1000% an ideal cal fit with his enlightened view of life...dude is in touch with his inner feelings & the larger universe, he's clearly a product of great parenting...i feel his positive energy & confidence, the importance of the cerebral vortex is undeniable

i dunno but ben kone might be one of them alpha males that the cal basketball program gotta get for team chemistry

namastae#
Shocky1

happy birthday, ivan

Shocky1

jonah mathews, the top scoring guard on the west coast in the 2016 class & a critical targeted cal recruiting priority, scored 25 points as the santa monica vikings took the lawndale cardinals to the pier & boardwalked then like a silly amusement ride 59-54

yeah, the bears basketball staff is watching you, jonah

cal family#
Shocky1
Bobodeluxe;842445088 said:

Was anyone in Boston Tuesday for the whiteout?

in my world travels i have observed that people from mixed ethnic & cultural backgrounds are less likely to engage in discriminatory actions & to be more tolerant of other social groups & their beliefs

yeah, pretty sure that christian behrens, kameron rooks, brandon chauca, stephen domingo, ivan rabb & j cole know what i'm talkin' about

i would not be surprised if ivan rabb ends up marrying & starting a family someday with an egyptian, not surprised at all

shocky is a mutt#
diversity#

noted philosopher ben kone scored 25 points including a 3 pointer as head coach tim kennedy's mitty monarchs avenged the bellarmine bells 68-40
OldBlue1999
Any word if Shocky is still dancing on the court at Haas? Fun night. Go Bears!
Shocky1

left to right, dwight "the handyman" tarwater, david "let's bang" kravish, tyrone "ice in his veins" wallace, jabari "heart & soul" bird, jordan "alpha male" mathews & sammy "katin hate me" singer

senior david kravish boarded the missed usc free throw & decisively threw a aaron rodgers bullet outlet pass to tyrone wallace who raced down newell court with the final few seconds ticking away

and then t-wall released a 3 pointer as the clock expired & the backboard turned red...the ball flew majestically thru the haas airspace as time literally stood still...half of the crowd screamed, the other half held their breath in disbelief with silent prayers...old people remembered the loves of their lives & the fired up students dreamed of unlimited futures...would the forces of the universe favor your california golden bears for a 2nd game in the row?...and then, BOOM, the ball disappeared into the basket & berkeley became the midnight city of planet earth

yeah, who knew huf knew how to play a sax solo

this **** is getting live

let it fly#
Shocky1
katie vanilla ice looking for her azz...loved it when when the fake model was slapping the ball/crying to the ref for a foul & my boy sammy singer dangled & handed him the ball while clapping in his face with a huge smile before jogging back to the cal bench for the timeout

24/7 candy azz soft whining/annoying trojan#
socaliganbear
<3
First Page Last Page
Page 147 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.