cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,277,279 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sabrina ionescu, the #4 player in the 2016 class from miramonte high school, also attended saturday's men's basketball practice along with her mom & dad and the dynamic/fun lindsay gottlieb & her assistant coaches

sabrina is the ringleader to trigger other key 2016 commits in order for cal to "absolutely compete for a national championship"

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

50 year decision#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842491892 said:

trust me, the staff knows about 2018 phenom jordan brown...both theo robertson & travis decuire were telling me about a blue chip middle schooler from near sacramento a year ago

6'9" 180 lbs phenom jordan brown of woodcreek high school in roseville is blowing up in the eyes of the national recruiting scouts/analysts today at the team usa camp in colorado springs

coach martin & the bears staff are actively building relationships with the future top 5 player in the 2018 class

nor cal, baby

"jordan brown has been great this evening...2018 pf is a potential big timer"
-eric bossi

[video=youtube;gdbdtj8odfw][/video]

yeah, jordan brown is the real deal...

jordan, are you gonna ask former nba all star & current mayor sacramento kevin johnson how that cal degree set him up for life?

the university of california, berkeley (short drive from roseville for moms)=#1 ranked public university in the world

jordan brown & his family are currently unofficially visiting cal including an australia preparation team practice

jordan is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.8 gpa as a freshman at woodcreek high school

cal along with ucla & arizona (good luck for moms driving to los angeles & tucson for all of her son's games) have offered the future top 5 player in the 2018 class

yeah, elijah hardy facilitating the bears as an elite point guard with jordan brown, miles norris & ideally marvin bagley iii is the 2018 vision in berkeley these days

let's do this#

so i'm shooting baskets (i'm probably gonna walk on next season so i can sit by my boyz nick, cole & brenden at all the game, when the bears are big timing other schools, i'm gonna start screaming at coach martin re: when the **** he's gonna put us walk ons in the ******* game) at haas pavilion after the morning practice when the other guy on the floor introduces himself to me, he's jordan brown's aau coach

he played ball at byu back in the day & told me that jordan wanted to visit berkeley but his parents had work commitments...he told me jordan is extremely polite, a relentless worker & a dedicated student athlete with academic ambition from a very close family that enjoys watching all of his games...i asked him if brown would be attracted to an academically mediocre factory like kentucky or arizona that is far from home & he said he didn't think that would be a real good fit

at lunch i asked richard midgley if jordan brown is an ivan rabb kinda players...sir richard told me absolutely yes

yeah, jordan brown would be the foundation for cal's potential started at the bottom class (2018)

Shocky1
walked the us open olympic club's lake course, it is a relentless test of golf that isn't as much fun as playing san francisco golf club or the cal club...but walking up the hill after your wedge approach to the tiny green of the short par 4th 18th hole is always a thrill

straight outta san francisco#
Shocky1
mark your calendars, the official 2015/2016 scheduled linked below should be amended to include the st marys gaels on saturday december 12th...the gameday contract has not been signed by all parties but there is an agreement to get this done, the gaels are expected to bring the majority of their fanbase to ensure a sold out & off the charts noisy haas pavilion that saturday nite

the ncca allows 13 preseason games, the bears currently only have 12 on the official schedule

cal originally had michigan state traveling to berkeley on december 12th but the diamonds are forever class (2015) with jaylen brown, ivan rabb & almost caleb swanigan (whose wishes to sign with the bears were overruled by his dad) changed tom izzo's thinking...other major programs also said no thanks to cal's invitation to play them california golden bears

do you got your season tix(s) yet?

http://www.calbears.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=126528&SPSID=749489

the magic of cal basketball#
OldBlue1999
Interesting development, did SMC finally agree to a single game contract or will Cal be making a trip out to the 'burbs in the near future?
Shocky1
congrats to my man travis decuire on montana getting a commitment from talented sayeed pridgett from el cerrito high school & an oakland solider

go grizzlies#
GATC
Shocky1;842542773 said:

jaylen told me after practice this morning that he started his yoga practice as a high schooler as a result of of shareef abdur rahim sharing with him the many benefits of yoga...i dunno maybe rahim told brown about them curvy yoga brunette females

when i asked jaylen if any of the coaches have exemplified any aptitude in their yoga practices, he kinda laughed which is probably code talk for absolutely ******* not

Wow, I just noticed what he is standing on.
Shocky1
GATC;842544086 said:

Wow, I just noticed what he is standing on.

gatc, you are very perceptive

yoga pants#
Shocky1
who is the earliest morning riser within the cal basketball program?

that would be marcus green, the assistant director of basketball operation...the high energy/good energy dude eats breakfast with the guys at the training table every morning, serves as a big bro on a lot of topics from school to girls & is a relentless class checker to ensure everybody is where they gotta be in addition to his operational support of the director of basketball operations marco harris

marcus grew up in the chicago area, was a 4 year letterman & 2 time team captain at purdue along with graduating with a degree in organizational leadership & supervision and later played professionally in buenos aires, argentina which has got a lot of curvy brunette yoga females

there's an app named waze which provides info in real time the location of police officers & traffic accidents...a couple of the bears told me that they got a code name for marcus that they text to each other when green is on the prowl

moms of prospective recruits gotta feel reassured that their sons are in good hands with marcus green keeping an eye on everything...let's be real here, coach martin is usually sleeping while marcus roams berkeley before the dawn every morning

this is cal basketball#
Shocky1
yeah, i asked the vast majority of the bears saturday at lunch who is the messiest bear of them all & one name came up over & over with respects to multiple berkeley health code violations

sorry kam

hoarder#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842525199 said:

marvin bagley iii as a 7th grader
[video=youtube;BYR8Qiy12e0][/video]

cal's started at the bottom class (2018)#

this might be marvin's last year of high school, there are offers on the table for millions of dollars to forego his final 2 years of high school to play professionally in china
bar20
Shocky1;842544323 said:

this might be marvin's last year of high school, there are offers on the table for millions of dollars to forego his final 2 years of high school to play professionally in china

Does Cal offer wood shop and drivers ed. classes?
smokeyrover
Shocky1;842543633 said:

mark your calendars, the official 2015/2016 scheduled linked below should be amended to include the st marys gaels on saturday december 12th...the gameday contract has not been signed by all parties but there is an agreement to get this done, the gaels are expected to bring the majority of their fanbase to ensure a sold out & off the charts noisy haas pavilion that saturday nite

the ncca allows 13 preseason games, the bears currently only have 12 on the official schedule

cal originally had michigan state traveling to berkeley on december 12th but the diamonds are forever class (2015) with jaylen brown, ivan rabb & almost caleb swanigan (whose wishes to sign with the bears were overruled by his dad) changed tom izzo's thinking...other major programs also said no thanks to cal's invitation to play them california golden bears

do you got your season tix(s) yet?

Very interesting development if it becomes official. Cal will be a solid favorite as the Gaels are replacing their entire starting five (Brad Waldow, Desmond Simmons, Kerry Carter, Aaron Bright, and Garrett Jackson).

Last year the Gaels (20-9, 13-6, 68 rpi) lost to Vanderbilt in the first round of the NIT. They're bringing in some Aussies and one-time Cal target Evan Fitzner (redshirted last year I believe).

By the way, Stanford will play at McKeon in November.
Shocky1
bar20;842544416 said:

Does Cal offer wood shop and drivers ed. classes?

bar, your point is well taken but marvin is actually a very good student
Shocky1
smokeyrover;842544445 said:

Very interesting development if it becomes official. Cal will be a solid favorite as the Gaels are replacing their entire starting five (Brad Waldow, Desmond Simmons, Kerry Carter, Aaron Bright, and Garrett Jackson).

Last year the Gaels (20-9, 13-6, 68 rpi) lost to Vanderbilt in the first round of the NIT. They're bringing in some Aussies and one-time Cal target Evan Fitzner (redshirted last year I believe).

By the way, Stanford will play at McKeon in November.

smokey, evan fitzner's recruitment by cal was kinda like the titanic

evan fitzner was a 6'10" sub 200 lbs forward facing 4 from the academically rigorous francis parker high in san diego... fitzner's skillset included strong ball handling skills for a big & a smooth perimeter shooting stroke with much work needed in his s&c (he couldn't play entire high school games in a lower division basketball league due to fatigue/lack of stamina)

gregg gotlieb priortized his 2014 bigs as thomas welsh (ucla), idrissa diallo (cal commit despite dana altman dirty biz, then later a decommit with the coaching changes to boston college) & evan fitzner...while fitzner's offer was not actionable, he was #3 on the big board with coach montgomery looking to probably sign 2 post players

but then his recruitment hit the rocks as evan blew off/cancelled at the last minute a summertime unofficial visit to berkeley in order to hang out another day at stanford (his dad mark played for the cards back in the day) which resulted in cal & the fitzners going their separate ways

yeah, them bears are probably gonna be all right at the 4 this season with jaylen brown & ivan rabb
Shocky1
Shocky1;842452954 said:

gotta love the hearts of the young boy in the blue cal shirt in the center front row & the little girl in the white shirt in the 4th row from the top center advance signaling the game winning rainbow of dreams shot...they knew dwight was not alone when he released that arc de triomphe shot vs ucla into the haas airspace, that mary was right behind his shoulders guiding him (as always)

http://pac-12.com/videos/recap-cal-mens-basketball-stuns-ucla-late-3-pointer

moment of love#
let it fly#

dwight, your graduating from an ivy league school with a 3.0 gpa & becoming a starter for this season's california golden bears says a lot about your many talents as a true renaissance man, my respect for you extends far beyond basketball

and yeah, both mary & dwight sr are pretty proud of you too

"my most memorable moment at cal was being a part of the three game winning shots in a row this year...i have never experienced such a huge rush like that in my life...it was truly special to celebrate with my teammates"

"my advice for the younger guys would be to just enjoy it and don't take anything for granted...these 4 years, in my case 5, fly by, so savor every minute of this incredible opportunity"

"i want to thank the fans and donors for the amazing support this year...you have all given me a tremendous amount of pride in representing cal"

-dwight tarwater

dwight tarwater told me at saturday's practice that he's doing well in his 2nd year at the berkeley school of public health graduate program & that he's serving as a graduate assistant to them california golden bears this season

dwight updated me that his boyz david kravish & christian behrens are currently playing professionally in finland & austria respectively, they have a lifetime bond as the seniors that helped establish the coach martin era in berkeley

50 year friendships#
Shocky1
"want for your brother what you want for yourself"
-jaylen brown, noted philosopher

Shocky1
"raiders got me sick right now":headbang
-ivan rabb

Shocky1
Shocky1;842515863 said:

oscar frayer is focusing on 4 summer school classes & not traveling with the oakland soldiers to several national tournaments (although he did play for team arsenal in a tournament in san francisco recently) as he unleashes his academic ambition

"c's get you degrees, a's get you paid"
-oscar frayer

"blocking a few numbers, about to turn my life up in the books and the gym distancing myself from negative energy...off twitter for a while"
-oscar frayer

bears are smart#:gobears:
Shocky1
Shocky1;842528902 said:

tj leaf, a 6'10" 215 lbs top 12 player in the 2016 from foothills christian high school in el cajon & former arizona decommit will officially visit cal the weekend of october 23rd along with ucla october 30th

leaf has also scheduled in home visits with indiana september 10th, gonzaga september 13th & kansas september 14th

tj plays for his dad brad at foothills christian & was born in israel and played for the israeli national team winning a tournament mvp award this summer in europe

leaf has got a 3.54 gpa & is a member of his school's honor roll, tj is not a dumb azz...still got no idea why he ever even considered an academically mediocre school like arizona

[video=youtube;CpHe7AgY7ko][/video]

the cal staff had a "great" home visit with tj & his family last week

ucla is still the leader but the gap between the bruins & them bears is closing

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including israel)
Shocky1

50 year decision#
concordtom
Shocky1;842544692 said:

smokey, evan fitzner's recruitment by cal was kinda like the titanic

evan fitzner was a 6'10" sub 200 lbs forward facing 4 from the academically rigorous francis parker high in san diego... fitzner's skillset included strong ball handling skills for a big & a smooth perimeter shooting stroke with much work needed in his s&c (he couldn't play entire high school games in a lower division basketball league due to fatigue/lack of stamina)

Sounds more like this than the titanic:

Shocky1
Shocky1;842520965 said:

Dear Mr. Shoski,

In all my years of serving and protecting the citizens of the State of California, I have never encountered such a hostile employer than Coach Martin and his comment, "keep those foul smelling broken down freaks further afar from me, all I care about is them Diamonds" with respects to his views regarding walk ons.

You have not only directly recruited Cal's Diamonds are Forever Class (2015), facilitated the long overdue practice of yoga to the Cal basketball program, continued your tireless efforts to improve the lives of rescue dogs but now are also dangerously working to change the playing conditions for the slow and the forgotten, the Cal basketball walk ons.

Mr. Shoski, I am very concerned for your safety as a whistle blower. In fact I fully expect the Cal Athletic Department to intentionally give your seats to the Spieker family and then blame it as an accidental oversight. Yes, I believe that will happen.

So please travel safely with the wind at your back as we work together to eradicate the saddest show on earth, the Cal basketball walk ons.

Respectfully yours,

Dr. Neita Safety, Director
State of California Industrial Commission

exclusive cal's monster class thread foto of my boyz brenden, cole & nick wondering when coach martin is gonna put them in the game

Shocky1
Shocky1;842488100 said:

congratulated t-wall at the basketball banquet on his decision to become the 1st person in his family to graduate from cal

tyrone is both engaging & speaks with humble warmth, he is truly a special person...wallace told me that his academic plan is to attend summer school again this summer & then hopefully earn his degree by the end of the fall semester...this would allow him to take a light school school schedule in the spring & then focus upon the nba workouts & combines after march madness in 2016

t-wall told me with direct eye contact that he intends to shoot 80%+ from the free throw line next season

t-wall=son of proud michelle

who is the early favorite to win the pac 12 mvp award in 2015?

that would be tyrone wallace

pac 12 mvp trophy thru the years:

1993-jason kidd (cal)
1995-shareef abdur rahim (cal)
1996-ed gray (cal)
2000-sean lampley (cal)
2009-jerome randle (cal)
2010-derrick williams (arizona)
2011-jorge gutierrez (cal)
2012-alan crabbe (cal)
2013-nick johnson (arizona)
2014-joseph young (oregon)
2015 early favorite-tyrone wallace (cal)
2016 early favorite-jaylen brown (cal) or ivan rabb (cal)

yeah, kinda seems like berkeley, california is a pretty good spot for the pac 12 mvp trophy

let's do this#

t-wall, you are an inspiration to the young ones in becoming the 1st family in your family to earn a college degree, most impressively from the #1 ranked public university in the world before pursuing your nba dreams

"victory to me is when you get your moms right"
-tyrone wallace

this is cal basketball#

well written article re: t-wall's nba upside
http://hoopshabit.com/2015/09/14/2016-nba-draft-watch-list-tyrone-wallace/
Shocky1
Shocky1;842514105 said:

the bears staff has offered troy brown jr, a 6'4" 175 lbs point guard from las vegas centennial & the #2 ranked player in the 2017 class

brown is playing aau ball this summer for the las vegas prospects under the watchful eyes of cal coaches...troy is a combo guard (coach martin loves guys who are multiple) with extraordinary length with lethal passing skills & a deadly shooting touch

what's the best thing about troy?...he's got a 3.7 gpa, basketball is not gonna define troy brown jr & that's really bad news for academically mediocre schools that are recruiting this true student athlete

troy would be an amazing leader to cal's touch the sky class (2017)...he's no lupe fiasco, that's for sure

the university of californa, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including nevada)

jaylen hands has made the expected commitment to ucla & rapist enabler steve alford but troy brown jr remains cal's #1 targeted point guard for the 2017 class...local facilitators/distributors damari milstead & jade smith are also part of the 2017 conversation at the 1
Shocky1
Shocky1;842541490 said:

charlie, welcome to berkeley

moore is currently on an official visit to cal & will be attending this morning's basketball practice & then the former bears players alumni lunch coordinated by brian raney before heading over to memorial with the guys for the football game

charlie 4 official visits are cal (september 12th), pittsburgh (september 19th), illinois (september 26th) & memphis (october 3rd)

huge day today for cal basketball with the electric point guard facilitator/distributor/scorer in town...coach webster is so excited he's gonna get his hair styled & do the happy dance

where's the kidd?

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including chicago)

50 year decision#

charlie's dad had a major health complication (stroke) & the family did not fly to berkeley, the cal official visit will be rescheduled

best wishes to the moore family

2016 point guard te'jon lucas of milwaukee has made a verbal commitment to illinois this afternoon thereby ending charlie moore's recruitment with the in state school...illinois head coach john groce presumably realized that cal is a strong contender for moore & therefore made the scholly offer to lucas an actionable one which was accepted

no news yet on a rescheduled cal official visit

dominoes#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842509328 said:

team: ucla bruins

coach: steve "rapist enabler" alford

what you need to know about alford: did you know that he is a "rapist enabler?"

check out the orange county register article: "alford's past paints blurry character portrait"
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/alford-535065-indiana-basketball.html

if steve alford has not protected his star basketball player after he raped the 1st student, then the 2nd victim most likely would have been spared this violent crime

if alford had been a basketball coach at an iowa middle school rather than the head coach at the university of iowa, then he would be in a prison today for his documented role in enabling/facilitating a convicted rapist to escape justice all in the name of his winning a few more basketball games

alford then waited a decade to make an insince apology as mandated by the ucla athletic director during april of 2013:

"at that time i instinctively and mistakenly came to (pierece's) defense before knowing all the facts...i wanted to believe he was innocent and in response to a media question i publicly proclaimed his innocence before the legal system had run its course"

"that was inappropriate, insensitive and hurtful especially for the young female victim and i apologize for that"

"i have learned and grown from that experience and now understand that such proclamations can contribute to an atmosphere in which similar crimes go unreported and victims are not taken seriously"

why did alford wait over a decade to apologize?

does alford truly feel any responsibility for the 2nd rape victim because of his rapist enabling actions?

steve alford=dana altman=joe paterno

tj, perhaps you should ask steve alford why he's an unapologetic rapist enabler...if the victims were related to your family, would that change your ucla recruitment at all?...do you want to be mentored/coached by someone who wants to win at all costs?

this is ucla basketball#
Shocky1
the staff is actively targeting curtis jones, a combo guard 6'3" 170 lbs top 70 player in the 2016 class from huntington prep high school in highland springs, virginia...yeah, curtis is a meek mill guy

jones has already taken official visits to georgetown (strong school academically) & indiana (academically mediocre school with lousy weather & overweight females) & postponed a scheduled trip to oklahoma state (academically mediocre school with dumb but pretty females in the middle of nowhere) last weekend...a cal official visit has not been scheduled yet, working around family work schedules is a priority

what are the priorities for curtis & his dad curtis sr?

"definitely having a chance to play early...and then somewhere where i feel the coaches are good people and will push me to get better...also somewhere that feels like a family"
-curtis jones

yeah, that kinda sounds like the cal basketball program

[video=youtube;8Ego55Zg0Us][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

50 year decision#
Shocky1

concordtom
#realtalk
Chances of making $ as top 70 are super low and so getting the best college degree and best life experience is probably the most you'll get out of hoops.
Cal is the #1 public university in the world in arguably the #1 metro area in the world.
Oklahoma? Kidding, right? (No offense T-man, but that's why you're headed west - to see what awaits on the other side.)
Just something to think about. Best of luck.

Edit: I'll add that chances of NBA money is slim as a top 70, but perhaps the chances for overseas money is much greater.
stu
Shocky1;842545608 said:

the staff is actively targeting curtis jones, a combo guard 6'3" 170 lbs top 70 player in the 2016 class from huntington prep high school in highland springs, virginia.

In the video he reminds me of Tyrone Wallace.
bar20
Shocky1;842545002 said:

the cal staff had a "great" home visit with tj & his family last week

ucla is still the leader but the gap between the bruins & them bears is closing

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including israel)

Is this a Jews for Jesus thing? Didn't we have a player in the 90's from Israel, don't remember his name. Gordon might be the player.
Shocky1
as you relentlessly prepare for your upcoming high school season this fall, maybe you should do the following quick homework assignment & check out the worldwide academic reputations of your potential collegiate options?

let's be real here, if the nba doesn't mint you, then you're gonna have to utilize your educational opportunities to achieve your dreams & build a better life for you & your family particularly moms...even if the nba does mint you, you gotta have financial skills & a strong education to make sure you prosper for the years ahead in terms of sound investment strategies & raising intellectually curious children...trust me, the girl of your dreams doesn't wanna date/marry a dumb azz and then have stoopid azz kids with him

so check out the link below for the schools on your list, ok?

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings?int=9cf408

successful student athletes got academic ambition, dumb azz ballers limit themselves & just blindly hope they never get injured...if you go to an academically mediocre school like arizona or kentucky and get injured you are ******...basketball is gonna be done with you eventually, plan wisely for that day

don't be a dumb azz#
50 year decision#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (and #3 ranked overall) university in the world
mikecohen
bar20;842546051 said:

Is this a Jews for Jesus thing? Didn't we have a player in the 90's from Israel, don't remember his name. Gordon might be the player.

What's the connection with T. J. Leaf? In any case, I remember two Israelis: Shahar Gordon and Amit Tamir
Shocky1
Shocky1;842544237 said:

yeah, i asked the vast majority of the bears saturday at lunch who is the messiest bear of them all & one name came up over & over with respects to multiple berkeley health code violations

sorry kam

the hoarder#

so who are the neatest bears of them all?

according to the guys that would be roommates ivan rabb & jaylen brown in their shared suite at the basketball house

ivan told me "it's probably because of the way i was raised"

jaylen told me "i've always been organized, i don't like looking around for my stuff"

i dunno maybe ivan & jaylen could do a hoarder intervention with kam

First Page Last Page
Page 223 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.