cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,279,233 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842569850 said:

the staff is fully operational with a top secret recruiting strategy entitled the lisbon plan

nobody on the basketball team is gonna be run off, cal is not a heartless basketball factory

one component of the lisbon plan (those with knowledge are sworn to secrecy at a midnight ceremony behind the castle in sintra) is the potential utilization of prep schools...tyson jolly is attending the elev 8 prep academy in delray beach, florida & alec hickman will also attending a prep school next year

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including lisbon)

"jesus replied, 'you do not realize now what i'm doing but later you will understand'"

-oscar frayer
Shocky1
charlie, kreayshawn is from oakland, let's be real here cali gurlz got more going on than some dumb azz bitches at memphis or vcu

[video=youtube;6WJFjXtHcy4][/video]

the california dream#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=7]Welcome on board, Tyson Jolly[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;RQSqJv0S_Jk][/video]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842511374 said:

welcome roman davis, a 6'7" 200 lbs developing student athlete from the academically rigorous winward school in los angeles

roman visited cal this weekend, worked out in front of the staff and was offered a scholarship this morning which he immediately accepted citing that the #1 public university in the world is "a dream school for me"

davis was originally recruited by the prior staff & visited berkeley 2 years ago with his family which left a very favorable impression

coach hufnagel has relentlessly built a relationship with norman thru the past 4 years during his stints at harvard & vanderbilt...and yeah roman's a true student athlete with a 3.5 gpa with interests in math & science

davis has got some stephen domingo to his game with the ability to guard 1 thru 5s on the floor & will start his career with the bears as a high energy athletic defensive stopper...he can shoot with both hands & is borderline ambidextrous...working with coach nicodemus in the s&c program will be a priority along with improving his shooting skills
[video=youtube;K7BwOAOfmLQ][/video]

roman will complete the cal application & administrative paperwork this week & will return to berkeley sunday night or monday morning at the latest to start his california golden bear experience with his new teammates

welcome roman, your family (including relatives in the bay area) will always have a home at haas pavilion

cal family#

update: roman davis will blueshirt this season as 1st reported in the monster class thread
Shocky1
"hate it or love it ill never let you stop my grind...all i need is one shot thats just how i was taught!"

-tyson jolly

unbreakable#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842563743 said:

brandon, you are a fearless competitor & i respect that you don't back down to nobody...somebody try to knock you on your azz, that **** is not ok with you, you weren't raised to be candy azz soft

you just gotta knock down them open 3 pointers when the bright lights are on, your relentless work ethic will serve you well in life...let if fly, baby

your pops is proud of you, don't ever wait until it's too late to tell him how much you love him

the sniper#

depending primarily upon charlie moore's collegiate decision tomorrow, the staff is discussing potentially blueshirting brandon chauca this season
Shocky1
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_29104480/cal-freshman-jaylen-brown-making-an-impression-classroom

not your average bear#
Shocky1
charlie, we got the same favorite tv show...yeah, i like to try to figure who's the perp too early on during each episode...usually the rich kid or the politician is up to some bad ****

Shocky1
Shocky1;842569342 said:

taylor is asking me when she's gonna see her boyz again, when will she see them again?

sorry sweetie it won't be until cal's epic opening night gala on friday november 13th at 8:00 pm at our palace haas pavilion

will we see you too on that special nite for the ages?...if you see mist in my eyes as i enter the center of the universe that nite it's probably because of the ******* bay area fog, don't be a dumb azz

the magic of cal basketball#

as a dad, i try to find activities/passions (beyond family travel, dinners, etc.) that i can share with my kids one on one

for kyle (the nick hamilton look a like) it's epic sushi outings, philosophy & yoga (if you've never been to a yoga class in scottsdale, you gotta add that to your bucket list)...for shay it's golf (she's a lefty) & strategizing/checking out her future college options

and for taylor it's cal basketball which combines from her unique perspective fashion, a 2 hour sporting event & really good looking dudes (i do not share that view)

part of the magic of cal basketball is that i see multi generational families from all walks of life spending time together relentlessly cheering for them california golden bears on gamedays at haas pavilion

what are you waiting for, cherish your time with your kids & your parents along with your extended family & closest friends via cal basketball season tix(s)...will we see you tomorrow nite at haas pavilion for the epic season opener?

let's do this

the time is now#
Shocky1
Quote:

what are the key characteristics of successfully targeted cal basketball student athletes?

1) #1 ranked public university in the world: a prospective recruit has to value the educational component of the cal experience in order to make a commitment to the necessary academic workload...therefore quotes from high schoolers (both basketball & football players) that will become future california golden bears usually include an acknowledgment that "a big part of my collegiate decision today is that cal is the number one public university in the world that will set me up for life"

2) grade point average (gpa): future california golden bears have got academic ambition...talking about wanting to get better grades like davon dillard & brandon sampson is not the same thing as actually turning off the tv/social media every single night to do the necessary classwork to attain good grades...as the wise marco harris once told me, "men take care of their business"...hopefully oscar frayer & tyson jolly become mentally limitless to lead cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

3) family: coach martin's love train is all about sharing, living & supporting each other in pursuing the dream...guys like tyler dorsey who just wanna "get buckets" for a criminal like dana altman are not a good cal fit

4) diversity: listen to the ivan rabb & jaylen brown welcome to cal videos, they both sincerely mention with smiles on their faces their appreciation of the tremendous diversity at cal...guys who just wanna be around people with the same views & appearances as themselves are better suited at homogenous schools like gonzaga (zach collins) & utah (jayce johnson)

5) personal development: cal student athletes are not only interested developing/maximizing their basketball skills/potential but also becoming a better person, a true leader in their communities...dumb azzs just wanna play basketball on a basketball court with a basketball and hope they never get injured...let's be real here, guys who go to academically mediocre schools like oregon & arizona and then see their careers ended in a split second collision are ******...guys who want to go to a "pure basketball school" like uconn (vantastic & his dad) are not a good cal fit

6) moms: cal basketball players love their moms like the shockster, we will walk to the end of the earth (and then back again) for our moms...dwight tarwater knows what i'm talking about

"victory to me is when you get your moms right"
-tyrone wallace

"no ones gonna love you like your mama..."
-oscar frayer

"i just wanna hand my mom a mil and say do with it as you please"
-tyson jolly

my analysis of tyson jolly's recruitment based upon the 6 characteristics specified above is as follows:

1) t-man had made public comments re: the importance of a college degree from the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

2) jolly got a 3.1 gpa & the additional year of prep schooling will further strengthen his academic skillset & also earn a couple of college credits

3) raised by a single moms, tyson is 100% embracing the family culture of the cal basketball team

4) oklahoma city is not known for its diversity, t-man has repeatedly stated his excitement for living in culturally diverse california

5) like coach martin, tyson jolly's near death as a junior in high school has made him realize better than anyone how fleeting basketball can be, that it can be taken away from you at anytime & that you got to prepare for the future beyond playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball...we can expect huge strides in jolly's personal development as he is receptive to mentoring from his new coaches & staff along with older (and wiser) teammates

6) ****, nobody loves their moms more than t-man
HoopDreams

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]don't miss it
no regrets[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3ACTO%3AB15%3AB02%3ATIER3&linkID=cal&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=B15H&cgc=[/SIZE]
watermelon
what was it, 5 2016 offered kids visited Cal campus and we whiffed on all of them? Just goes to show that this 500+ long page thread has no influence on kids picking Cal, and is just a forum for an egotist to self-congratulate himself.
Shocky1
watermelon;842590539 said:

what was it, 5 2016 offered kids visited Cal campus and we whiffed on all of them? Just goes to show that this 500+ long page thread has no influence on kids picking Cal, and is just a forum for an egotist to self-congratulate himself.

watermelon, no matter which schools that kids pick, you're still a graduate of the university of arizona, an academically mediocre school with a 95% acceptance rate

and the donut boy of tucson has stated that cal has the talent this year to win a national championship

tuscon is a dump#
Shocky1
charlie moore was a cal lean late last week until arizona grads damon stoudamire & josh pastner really turned up the negative recruiting re: the rigors of the academics at the #1 public (#3 overall) university in the world

moore is a decent but not good student at this time & this uncertainty played a key factor in his decision along with stoudamire promising to develop him as a small nba point guard like himself & the closer proximity of memphis to chicago

bottom line, this was a basketball decision & not a 50 year decision

or maybe charlie just really like elvis a lot

Shocky1
Shocky1;842585830 said:

dejan vasiljevic, the king of the long range 3 pointer, has got his glamorous tour of the united states of america booked at travelocity.com

dejan, let's break down your official visits in advance, ok?

louisville: december 9th thru the 11th, rick (if he's not fired by then by the board of regents and/or formally declared a criminal by the ncca) is gonna give dejan a personal tour of the stripper dorms...the emphasis of this trip will be telling vasiljevic that he would be exclusively a basketball player playing basketball on the basketball court with a basketball (other than the late night parties in the dorms)

cal: december 12th & 13th including the st marys game at haas pavilion vs the gaels with 5 australians (2 from victoria, 2 from tasmania & 1 from new south wales)...will visit again with them california golden bears that he dropped 55 points on in 2 games during cal's trip down under...and yeah, the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including australia) is located in the beautiful san francisco bay area which is as culturally diverse as melbourne...wouldn't be surprised if coach hufnagel takes him to whole foods too

miami: january 8th thru the 10th...the hurricane are wisely not gonna bring dejan to south florida during the nasty humid summer months or the windstorm season...vasiljevic will figure out that miami is a football school & that men's basketball is almost as popular as women's beach volleyball & drinking excessively and vomiting on south beach

lsu: january 12th thru the 14th...opportunity to visit with ben simmons but let's be real here, lsu is a big time basketball program that is loosely affiliated with an academically mediocre school...good looking girls on campus if you like big hair blondes that wanna get impregnated by you so you can pay all their bills for the next 21 years while they watch tv & get their nails done

stanford: january 14th thru the 16th...stanford is only slightly behind cal in the world collegiate rankings at #4...that's a good thing because after 7 years of making the ncca tournament only once & an overall pac 12 record of 58-68, johnny dawkins is heading into his final season in palo alto as the cardinals are projected to finish in the cellar of the pac 12 this year...did i mention that stanford girls tend to be ugly & that stanford attendance has been declining the last several seasons due to the most apathetic fan base in the pac 12?

don't be a dumb azz#

the bears staff will now turn their full focus on dejan vasiljevic

while charlie moore is a more explosive pure point guard with a still developing perimeter shot, dejan vasiljevic is an elite shooting combo (coach martin loves guys that are multiple) guard & is a more dedicated true student athlete with academic ambition & therefore a much better cal fit
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]don't just go to the game, be in your seats by 8:15pm for the player introductions[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842587988 said:

"what sounds good to eat?"
-tyrone wallace

according to chunky monkey sean miller this is the deal but at least the donut boy of tucson is smart enough to know that cal "can win the national championship based upon their talent"

this is the healthy solution per coach christopher, nicodemus don't like it when jabari is eating popcorn & **** like that at the house...them california golden bears are not gonna ransom their futures by eating a bunch of crap

https://soundcloud.com/the-tribe-akashic/ransom-demo-feat-shynova-rbt-jns-san-juan-haru-prod-take-f-light

ransom#

tomorrow site's epic season opener vs rice will also usher in the courtside in seat service program for the floor seats:

***courtside seat holders will now have the opportunity to order food & beverage from their seats including alcoholic beverages
***menus for each game will be located on the seat
***servers, dressed in white shirts and black ties, will be positioned at courtside locations near the seats
***during the program's launch all sales will be cash only and all prices will include tax and an in seat service charge, tips are not included
***to order hold up the menu & place an order...food & beverage will be delivered to the seats
***service begins an hour and a half prior to the tip off & ends at the 15 minute mark of the 2nd half
***drinkers must be at least 21 years of age & cal reserves the right to refuse service to anyone (including oski)
Shocky1
tj leaf signs with hometown ucla as expected, big loss for criminal dana altman
Shocky1
the bears will be traveling to the islands for the maui invitational november 20-22 of 2017

aloha#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]get a good night sleep, and BRING IT tomorrow[/SIZE]

BearsObserver
arguably the No. 1 Aussie prospect, although Canada is also trying to claim him. Cal is not in the running but ASU is ...

He does have a cousin Makur Maker who is a freshman at Chaminade HS here in LA ...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/varsity-times/la-sp-vi-boys-basketball-6-11-freshman-makur-maker-enrolls-at-chaminade-20150825-story.html
Shocky1
Shocky1;842535440 said:

the successfully targeted & recruited 2015 class is intended to forever change the trajectory of the cal basketball program, to compete for national championships with high character true student athletes at the #1 public university in the world...coach martin & the staff are not interested in dumb azzs...these guys are elite immediate impact blue chippers with academic ambition, they are all truly diamonds in ways that extend far beyond playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball...basketball does not define these diamonds

*****stephen domingo, #35 ranked player in the 2013 class

*****roman davis, top 150 player in the 2015 class

*****leo nikolayevich tolstoy, a late emerging 5 star euro recruit with an actionable offer from the cal staff...leo has got a 4.38 gpa & is considered a strong cal fit in that he is considered the considered the greatest writer ever in russian literature by rivals & scout...his significant production is tempered by his preference for making non violent resistance statements & questioning authority during time outs...lacks lateral mobility & is not a strong on ball defender primairly because he is dead...loves berkeley & is considered a cal lean by 24/7...jeff goodman is tweeting that tolstoy thinks "tucson is a dump"

*****jaylen brown, #1/#2 ranked player in the 2015 class
[IMG]https://nbccollegebasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwi5ztbkmtm4 mjdjmwviyjg3ogjjytdmnwm3mzhmzgrm.jpeg" />[/IMG]

*****ivan rabb, #1 ranked (prior to a minor summertime injury) player in the 2015 class

*****brandon mccartney aka lil b, a local berkeley product is known for runnin' his mouth & deadly curses...strong chemistry with jaylen brown but also a defensive liability as brandon chacuca has posted him up/abused him on the aau circuit in iso sets
[video=youtube;eU5PVFjsQG8][/video]

true california golden bears fans will be celebrating the magic of haas with their season tix(s) as them diamonds integrate with the hungry returning nucleus of guys...noted donuts expert sean miller said it best: "cal can win the national championship"

shine bright#

gotta be honest with you, it's gonna be emotional entering haas pavilion tomorrow nite for cal's epic season opener at 8:30 pm vs rice

i'm glad taylor is gonna be with me, this is an event that i've been waiting a lifetime for to experience & i'm thrilled we're gonna share it together

hopefully young ivee will touch the ball on every offensive possession & get at least 10+ shots

let's do this

this is cal ******* basketball#
OzoneTheCat
Shocky1;842590733 said:

gotta be honest with you, it's gonna be emotional entering haas pavilion tomorrow nite for cal's epic season opener at 8:30 pm vs rice

i'm glad taylor is gonna be with me, this is an event that i've been waiting a lifetime for to experience & i'm thrilled we're gonna share it together

hopefully young ivee will touch the ball on every offensive possession & get at least 10+ shots

let's do this

1,379,213 views have lead to this moment. Go Bears!
Rxrg09b
Shocky1;842590733 said:

let's do this

He will, and any fear of the contrary is surprising. He played what less than 22 minutes in an exhibition game where every coach of a dominating team would play as many players as possible?!? The conversation, rather, the criticism of CM on Rabb's touches after an exhibition game are simply silly.
Shocky1

the rice owls are coached by mike rhoades & have signed former cal recruit tim harrison for their 2016 class

the owls were 12-20 last season & 8-10 in conference usa play...it should be pointed out that the owls played #11 ranked texas tougher than the bears last season 66-55 in a road loss at austin

rice is led by 6'3" 175 lbs jr marcus jackson (14.5 ppg, .831 ft % & .397 3 point %), 5'9" 170 lbs sr max guercy (9.8 ppg & 4.5 team high apg but only .297 3 point %, let him take the perimeter shot), 6'5" 185 lbs bishop mercy (7.8 pg. & 3.3 rpg) & 6'10" 260 lbs andrew drone (6.7 ppg & team high 5.4 rpg)

the bears gotta relentlessly pound the ball inside to ivan rabb to take advantage of cal's height advantage over rice...if young ivee touches the ball on every offensive possession & gets at least 10+ shots, the spacing on the floor opens up for the bears perimeter & slashing to the basket fireworks

let's do this, let's compete every ******* possession on both ends of the floor

season on the brink#
HoopDreams
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR="#000080"]GAME DAY[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

south bender
HD, no picture of Jaylen?
Jeff82
Shocky, I'll be in the newly sanitized Bears' Lair if you and your daughter want to come by for a beverage. I'll be the one in the cap with all the pins on it. Together we attack . . . craft beer.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842582708 said:

team: california golden bears

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 2nd place (but also the unrealized potential to win a national championship per chunky donut eating expert sean miller)

coach: cuonzo "love train" martin

what you need to know about martin:
[video=youtube;H2Aowbpv0XM][/video]

what up in berkeley?: the bears starting 5 will be able to potentially successfully compete with any starting line up in the nation with future nba lottery picks in diamonds jaylen brown & ivan rabb along with early pac 12 mvp candidate tyrone wallace (17.1 ppg despite an abysmal .318 3 point & .606 free throw shooting along with a team high 7.1 rpg & 4 apg), jordan "chunk" mathews (13.6 ppg with an fuego .443 3 point shooting) & jabari "let if fly" bird (10.5 ppg & a physically/mentally soft 3.3 rpg)

stephen domingo, noted by coach martin as often the best defender in practices with a relentless work ethic and an alan crabbe style perimeter shooting stroke & sammy "the gym rat" singer building off late last season's shooting confidence are projected to be keys guys off the bench along with the winner of the kameron rooks/kingsley okoroh battle of the 7'1" titans

roger moute a bidias & roman davis (potential blueshirt candidate) will serve as defensive specialists & it's expected brandon "downtown" chauca is gonna provide long range sniping with the bears much improved offensive spacing this season

and yeah, gotta love all of them walk ons: taylor's favorite brenden "in san francisco" glapion, hard working nick "at nite" hamilton & cole "surfer dude" welle & sharpshooter nick kerr...it's a shame coach martin only thinks of them as the saddest show on earth

what this means for the bears: the question of the century with respects to the cal basketball program on the eve of potentially the most epic season of our lifetimes is whether or not these clowns have got the hearts to consistently play tough defense, aggressively fight for rebounds & compete for loose balls...i watched virtually ever second of cal basketball in person last season (which is different than being a passive bears tv fan only watching the action as dictated to you by the tv cameras) & trust me, these question marks are both deeply profound & seriously troubling with regards to whether or not this team will ever achieve their true potential for greatness

t-wall was outplayed by the nba undrafted point guards at both arizona & stanford which contributed to the bears 5 losses vs the wildcats & cardinals...his sorry azz shooting was embarzzing, i would bet on both coach webster & jay john in a shooting competition with t-wall, a guy with nba 1st round aspirations

jabari bird did not dive for loose balls often pulling up short & was physically outmuscled by arizona's elite wings in the bears 3 losses...he did not battle for rebounds, letting down his teammates as kravish & wallace did all the dirty work on the boards in jb's absence

jordan mathews often lost track of his guy in defensive assignments & did not bring a positive mental focus to each game...dude has got a reggie miller shooting stroke with a candy azz soft kayne consistency with respects to the rest of his game

the staff wanted to bring in tyson jolly & davon dillard this season to relentlessly push bird & mathews, that's not gonna happen now...are birds & mathews gonna push themselves?

jaylen brown & ivan rabb haven't done **** in college, are they a bunch of overrated & worthless fake diamonds that you can buy at the rockridge swap market on sunday mornings for 50 cent?...i hate fake models

what about them coaches, is coach martin ever gonna design/scheme masterful in bound plays like coach montgomery that result in easy buckets?...is coach webster gonna get those soft guards/wings to play with greater intensity like they grew up on food stamps in the projects & had to fight for everything?...is wyking gonna get the bigs right?...is huf gonna build his reputation beyond that of a charismatic recruiter with actual basketball skills development of his guys?...is nicodemus gonna continue to let guys at the basketball house eat popcorn & **** like that?

these california golden bears got the potential to win a ******* national championship but they also got a ton of potential roadblocks, are they guys gonna be like lupe fiasco or not?

so many other question marks surrounding cal basketball:

are the cal dance & cheerleading teams gonna show up 100% toned or what?

is oski gonna get out of rehab and/or ever graduate from cal, does that dumb azz got any academic ambition at all?

are cal fans gonna show up in person to create a deafeningly loud hostile home court advantage with insane energy at haas pavilion to support the bears on gamedays & allow the staff to continue recruiting 5 star blue chippers that wanna play in front of large crowds?

what is your personal commitment to cal basketball to make this happen?

together we attack

shut up, shocky#

let's be real here, for all the national hype surrounding the cal basketball program, absolutely nothing has been accomplished at this point

the bears are gonna find out real fast that they're gonna be hunted by hungry opponents seeking a big time win & that potential don't mean ****
Shocky1
Jeff82;842590915 said:

Shocky, I'll be in the newly sanitized Bears' Lair if you and your daughter want to come by for a beverage. I'll be the one in the cap with all the pins on it. Together we attack . . . craft beer.

jeff, totally appreciate the invitation but with a late afternoon flight after school & dinner at the delightfully small fino's ristorante in san francisco we'll be rushing to the 8:30 pm tip tonite in berkeley

if we get across the bay bridge quickly we'll drop by the bear's lair otherwise let's look for each other at the game...yeah, i'll probably be the only one at haas with a sparkle of fuschia unless t-wall's curvy yoga brunette female decides to represent tonite too

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]butts in the seats by [COLOR="#0000CD"]8:15PM (at the latest)[/COLOR]
gotta welcome these two new dudes and the rest of the team the right way
tipoff is 8:30 but warmups and player introductions are earlier
[/SIZE]

south bender;842590800 said:

HD, no picture of Jaylen?
Jeff82
Shocky1;842590956 said:

jeff, totally appreciate the invitation but with a late afternoon flight after school & dinner at the delightfully small fino's ristorante in san francisco we'll be rushing to the 8:30 pm tip tonite in berkeley

if we get across the bay bridge quickly we'll drop by the bear's lair otherwise let's look for each other at the game...yeah, i'll probably be the only one at haas with a sparkle of fuschia unless t-wall's curvy yoga brunette female decides to represent tonite too

Fino is nice, but wouldn't Taylor really rather go to Top Dog?
Shocky1
Jeff82;842591056 said:

Fino is nice, but wouldn't Taylor really rather go to Top Dog?

unfortunately not, she's really a clean eater these days...fallon & coach nicodemus would approve of her diet, no top dog

as prez of the brenden glapion fan club, she has got standards...coach martin had seriously better get brenden's sorry broken down azz into the game unless he wanna hear the wrath of taylor

dad hates kale#
Shocky1
the night is gonna be for screaming tonite at haas pavilion...and yeah, wearing a sprinkle of fuschia too

if you see taylor & myself, please say hello, we're very friendly people

insane energy#
First Page Last Page
Page 241 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.