CAL vs Ducks Game thread

39,335 Views | 640 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearForce2
upsetof86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Paster around the ball a lot nice upgrade having him in there. Aggressive, fast, demonstrative. Very happy with him.
Golden One
touchdownbears43 said:

Now that's some soft serve weak ***** No hail marry
Our OL is so poor that Garbers has absolutely no time to throw downfield. Thus all the sideline throws.
OdontoBear66
Can Chase Garbers throw a pass over the middle or will his receivers kick the living hell out of him coming back to the huddle. Jeez. Every pass to the flat or sidelines. Duh!
1CalFan
Have the Bears actually scored 13 points in the last six quarters?
Golden One
TouchedTheAxeIn82 said:

Geezus why not take two shots down the field? You don't have to worry about an INT with just a few seconds left.

Also, on the last incomplete pass the clock kept ticking and no one asked to put a few seconds back on the clock.
If we had a halfway decent OL, Garbers could throw downfield. It's impossible with our line.
blungld
Where is Wilcox fire DURING the game as opposed to the press conference. Take a friggin shot. Run out and argue for a second on the clock on the last play and try a FG!!! Nope, just stroll to locker room. Come on!!

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
Golden One
blungld said:

Where is Wilcox fire DURING the game as opposed to the press conference. Take a friggin shot. Run out and argue for a second on the clock on the last play and try a FG!!! Nope, just stroll to locker room. Come on!!
Wilcox has absolutely no fire in his gut. That attitude seems to infect the whole team.
pingpong2
I'm not quite sure what's less inspirational; the way we ended the half, or the 14-year-old "You See a Place" commercial that just aired.
1CalFan
Agreed - throw a long pass down the sideline and a long way to go.! even if its intercepted they only have 10 seconds left in the half
Big C
NYCGOBEARS said:

Big C said:

Garbers is not very good AND Musgrave isn't getting the best out of him.

Maybe this is his best?

I'd give him some designed runs and, obviously, more over the middle, go deep a little bit more and have a classic screen pass in our arsenal. Why is Jeremiah Hunter MIA this game and last?
Big C

Musgrave calls a great first series. Too bad the game is more than 10 minutes long.
blungld
It's game 6 and we still have no Terry or Sturdivant, Super bummed about this.

MinotStateBeav
I really have no idea what our offense is. It wants to be a power run team, but doesn't commit or block well enough, so then it switches to an empty set and chucks, but rarely throws deep. It has a weird use of playaction too, doesn't really use the run to set it up very well.
Big C
MinotStateBeav said:

I really have no idea what our offense is. It wants to be a power run team, but doesn't commit or block well enough, so then it switches to an empty set and chucks, but rarely throws deep. It has a weird use of playaction too, doesn't really use the run to set it up very well.

Spot on. I can't see what it is we're trying to do out there.
blungld
MinotStateBeav said:

We are a power running team, that stops power running in the 1st quarter when we are popping off 5+ yards a carry. It's an interesting strategy.

Golden One
blungld said:

MinotStateBeav said:

We are a power running team, that stops power running in the 1st quarter when we are popping off 5+ yards a carry. It's an interesting strategy.

That's what happens when you have ahead coach that seems to know nothing about offense
Big C
pingpong2 said:

I'm not quite sure what's less inspirational; the way we ended the half, or the 14-year-old "You See a Place" commercial that just aired.

Well, they DO update the pics to reflect our most recent losing football and basketball programs!
concernedparent
Nikko's a beast. Nasty stiff arm from a 185 pound guy lol.
Golden One
Should never run back a kickoff that goes I to the endzone.
kaplanfx
Why was that a penalty? They threw the flags AT the whistle, was it just because the OU player got his ass handed to him?
graguna
wow. nice run after catch
KenBurnski
It seems like guys are slipping a ton tonight
bearister
Big C said:

pingpong2 said:

Well, they DO update the pics to reflect our most recent losing football and basketball programs!

They did a voiceover discussing Wyking's school record of 16 consecutive losses. You kinda have to respect that. I think they showed that f'ing twin tailed beanpole that left for Arkansas.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Ucscbearfan
We made a play- but that undisciplined BS has got to stop
JimSox
Good play. Bad injury
KenBurnski
JimSox said:

Good play. Bad injury

Who went down?
blungld
You see a place, unable to produce a new promo in 20+ years.

calumnus
MinotStateBeav said:

Agreed
Big C

Okay, I am SICK TO HERE of hearing about Keyvon Thibodeaux. I could give a crap if he is really good and we don't have anybody that's really good. Enough is enough! I hope he targets somebody again...
KenBurnski
Big C said:

Okay, I am SICK TO HERE of hearing about Keyvon Thibodeaux. I could give a crap if he is really good and we don't have anybody that's really good. Enough is enough! I hope he targets somebody again...

A ref
JimSox
KenBurnski said:

JimSox said:

Good play. Bad injury

Who went down?

Mettauer
NYCGOBEARS
Uh oh… Cheez It commercial. It's all over
calumnus
blungld said:

It's game 6 and we still have no Terry or Sturdivant, Super bummed about this.

What is that about?
calumnus
Garbers ran right into the pressure
kaplanfx
KenBurnski said:

It seems like guys are slipping a ton tonight
Why would you do this to us?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.