cal's monster offensive line

1,384,958 Views | 9340 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Econ141 said:

Good one!
2024 nfl combine:

patrick mcmorris wuz one of the few safeties that opted not to run a timed 40, his results in the 2 events he participated in the vertical (31 inches) & broad jump (9 feet, 4 inches) wuz in the bottom 10% of performances for that position group testing

pat got a near zero chance of making a nfl roster, he lacks nfl level speed/athleticism

reality is that mcmorris & craig woodson wuz the SLOWEST tandem of starting safeties in the pac 12 last season & could not close on the ball in downfield vertical passing situations...and not even around the ball most of the time

2024 spring ball will be very revealing, hopefully craig is improving in his speed training & incoming jc safety with elite SPEED isaiah crosby (175 lbs is too lite) is building up his body to withstand the violence of acc football & that others with SPEED will be competing for the starting safety roles

SPEED wins football games (and gets u paid in the national football league)#
Shocky1

cal is a softball school (this **** is getting live)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
Big C
Shocky1 said:

Pittstop said:

Niners interviewed Gerald Alexander today for their DC position. Takers in Santa Clara?

pitts, the bears backfield needs to return to the takers reputation with coach ga, the 2023 dbs lacked speed to close on balls & did not turn 50/50 balls into interceptions (only 12 on the season in 13 games)...expecting dramatic improvement during 2024 spring ball with hopefully a greater pash rush from the front 7 to speed up opposing acc qbs biological clocks into poor decision making...it's mind boggling how this current db staff don't demand corner & safeties blitzes to force bad ******* decisions by qbs

yeah peter sirmon needs to order the classic testoterone club sandwich with lettuce, pickles & tomatoes at shoneys along with a diet dr pepper...no ketchup or fries that bend before breaking into a soggy azz ******* mess

https://instagr.am/p/Cvr_tzpMWqW

Speed allows a defense to gamble more because mistakes can be covered up. Maybe the lack of speed is why the DC chose less risky tactics.

In my admittedly rather limited time hanging out with professional coaches, I used to be surprised that they actually know more about their sport than I do, as I am a Monday Morning Quarterback (and we know a helluva lot).
oskiswifeshusband
The D won't be good until Sirmon (and probably almost everyone) on the D side is replaced.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

shocky getting ready (it's also how he preps for modern yoga) for his roadtrips to every cal game in 2024, the best collection of exciting FUN faraway adventures in the HISTORY of cal football, and particularly our saturday september 21st roadie to tallahassee

r u gonna be on cal bearlines flight #69 heading east this fall?

**** the seminoles (watching on tv is for losers like bobo)#

cal invasion of tallahassee: saturday september 21, 2024

and so with that being said, to all the b****** and h*** at florida state that hate us the most, yeah we hate u too

https://instagr.am/p/BG2c9tghHcW
Shocky1
oskiswifeshusband said:

The D won't be good until Sirmon (and probably almost everyone) on the D side is replaced.
oskisgfisayogateaacher, hear wut ur saying but honestly think there's gonna be a significant turnaround in the d in the upcoming 2024 acc battles, there's more much needed speed in the defensive backfield & finally 2 apex predators that have proven that they be disruptive/make plays behind the line of scrimmage in the x-man & david reese

but then a lotta of that 2024 d talent is gonna be out of eligibility so if it don't happen this fall ur rite then it's never gonna happen with sirmon

the time is now (for everything, time is precious plus cal football is on the existential clock)#
Shocky1
Big C said:

In my admittedly rather limited time hanging out with profession coaches, I used to be surprised that they actually know more about their sport than I do, as I am a Monday Morning Quarterback (and we know a helluva lot).
big c, that's a commonly held view but not one that shocky believes to be true

doing the hang with future nfl hall of famer defensive mastermind marvin lewis multiple times at desert highlands he's explained to me in depth how cal is the "easiest" team in the pac 12 to gameplan against during the wilcox era because of the bears predictable offensive tendencies to not attack the middle 3rd of the field in the downfield vertical passing game or attack the edges in the running games via sweeps & pitch outs

so no i honestly don't think bill musgrave knows more than me on a common sense level on how to attack defenses...and no ima not a golf course architect but honestly think i know as much about the finer points/nuances of the artistry of golf architecture as anybody in the world...just because someone gets paid to do something don't make them an expert

and if u disagree, ur entitled to that opinion & that's ok with me unless ur a curvy brunette yoga female in which case ur opinion re: everything is very important to shoski

https://instagr.am/p/Cpc7cmLO2gq
and so with that being said, ima very encouraged by coach bloesch's 2024 season vision/identity for the offense this fall to physically pound for ground including pitch outs with all american jaydn ott behind cal's monster offensive line with middle 3rd of the field routes by potential all acc tight end jack endries along with wideouts that got elite speed in creating separation with defenders that might be smaller in stature but also faster as ****
HoopDreams
Congrats!

Shocky1

argentina korn ferry tour 4th round update:

after an opening 1st hole bogey 5 kk limbhaust played fearlessly the rest of the round with 5 birdies en route to a 66 & a tie for 5th which moves kk up to #31 in the tour's standings...congrats kk!

west palm beach pga tour 4th round update:

byeong hun an not only hit the tournament's longest drive of the week at 377 yards but he also shot a final round 66 which got him currently in a tie for 6th during the weather delay...completing his en fuego round before the delay an can drive home (as opposed to having to wait around for a potential monday morning finish) to orlando to get ready for next week's pga tour stop in his hometown

next week's pga tournament at bay hill will feature max homa, collin morikawa & byeong hun an...and the pga tour's alternate field event the puerto rico open will feature michael kim & james hahn
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/BHnRNwJhqKW
wut wuz the biggest surprise for shocky going to his 1st softball game?

that would be watching with my jaw dropped starting catcher alyssa hererra throw absolute howitzer armed strikes (consistently within a 2 foot window low enough to throw out a wannabe base stealer) between innings while sitting on her knees (with no wind up)

the lopes parents of players sitting around me behind home plate tole me that's a remarkable skillset

good luck to any dumb azzs that wanna steal any bases on the bears this season

alysaa is also batting .375 on limited at bats (3 of 8), she's a true freshie from murietta high school that is striving to get accepted in the haas biz school

yeah the only person on planet earth that is fast enuf to steal a base on alyssa is jaydn ott, anybody else tryna do that **** gotta be crazy or something (come on, singalong rite now...this is a judgement free zone)

)

shocky's favorite softball bear goes yard (and her teammates lose their ****)#
Shocky1

SPEED wins college football games (and gets u PAID in the national ******* football league)#
Shocky1

https://instagr.am/p/CZUlDjQrySJ

wut, no mention of shocky or something? (cal's monster offensive line is apparently created by a loser)#
Shocky1

the #20 ranked (bears could get a major bump after defeating them #3 ranked georgia bulldogs) california golden bears 19-2 season start is in many ways a referendum re: the high calibre of northern california high school softball:

randi roelling from modesto is a future all american & watching her in person at the grand canyon tournament it wuz 100% obvious that she is a +1 athletic & highly competitive GENERATIONAL talent, when randi is on the mound the bears can potentially beat any team in the nation...bet
https://instagr.am/p/CkzHBBzP0Wl
elon butler from san jose is the team's leading hitter with an unreal .423 average & 7 home runs

acacia anders from vacaville is the clean up hitter with a .415 average & a team high 20 rbis, she is the glue that holds this bears team together with her smooth glove at shortstop

kaylee pond from caldecott tunnel high school is hitting a .352, after both of her doubles today she did funny as **** stripper pole grind dances for her teammates in the dugout while standing on 2nd base...no doubt kaylee's moms is very proud of her

tianna bell from antioch got 6 home runs, next season she gotta opportunity to lead the acc in going yard

kyndall todd from hayward is batting .302 as a true freshman, kk's upside is off the charts
https://instagr.am/p/C3Bo2lBvfPJ
mather's d'auna johnson, kingsburg's carly raven, san jose's diamond holland, pleasanton's hope alley, elk grove's anilin marshall, samanta rocha from salinas, amanda kondo from san carlos and both alexis bishop & annabel tepperson from stinson beach high school are all nor cal bears

and yeah head coach chelsea spencer wuz born in oakland & is coaching at her alma mater

Shocky1

https://instagr.am/p/CS36zEEDxKS
cal golf's new swing coach (gotta really short backswing but a really good ponytail)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

cal's monster class exclusive update:

the cal athletic department has borrowed $11,000,000 from the central campus instead of cutting teams/rightsizing the internal bureaucracy

cfo tom lowry has responded to my public information requests with the following statement:

"In FY 22, Cal Athletics borrowed $11M from Central Campus to help offset short term revenue losses, and properly characterized the loan for NCCA and external audit reporting. Campus agreed to provide an $11M interest only/forgiveable loan (FY22), with a 29 year loan (FY22-FY51), interest/payment free for ten years (FY22-32), at a 3% interest rate."
https://instagr.am/p/C2X8Kues1uD
MAJOR cal's monster class exclusive update ii:

last week requested from cfo tom lowry a one or two sentence update (no attachments) re: whether or not the athletic department has requested or received any loans for fy23

lowry has opted to NOT respond to this simple question & directed department coordinator delaney heller to once again require me to go thru the public records information process

so shocky called delaney this afternoon and she tole me this is the standard process for any questions that don't got answers online

asked delaney why isn't the athletic department divulging major loans online?

asked delaney if someone without internet access (on a cruise ship, etc.) calls up the athletic department & asks wut time is the basketball game friday nite is that person also gonna have to file a pra?

worthless & corrupt bureaucrats try to obfuscate & NOT transparently share basic financial information

yeah kinda curious how many donut zeros there are with the current cal athletic department debt...

delaney assured me she will get this information to me in an expedient manner

this **** is NOT going away#
OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM THE CAL ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT:

delaney heller sent me an email today advising that pra requests are taking around "10 weeks" at this time but that she will try to expedite that timeline

asking a cfo how many millions of dollars they've borrowed from the central campus should take about as long as asking a football head coach how many scholly linebackers do they got on the roster, both requests should take 60 seconds

updates will continue to be posted here re: this CRITICAL piece of information that affects the FUTURE of cal athletics

bureaucrats non transparently withholding information#

cal's monster class state of the union re: the future of cal athletics

athletic department financials: the department is heading towards an EXISTENTIAL FINANCIAL ICEBERG due to the covert borrowing tens of millions of dollars that will never have the future funding for repayment...it's been almost 6 weeks since my public information request re: these loans, shocky will send an update request this morning to delaney heller with a carbon copy to beth tafolla-voetch & richard lyons and will transparently reprint delaney's response

calimony: not gonna happen, a key talking for the con artist it's actually buried alive in a subcommittee with the board of regents...but hey if u believe in the easter bunny, no worries

2024 berkeley chancellor: outgoing carol christ will thankfully (thx god) retire july 1st, there is currently a candidate search by the board of regents chaired by rich leib (undergrad ba from uc santa barbara) that will make recommendations to uc prez michael drake (sacramento city college then a ba from stanford & a md from uc san francisco) in may for a june nomination to the board for approval in june for a july 1st starting date

2024 chancellor candidates: shocky has done extensive background checks on all 3 finalists & the university's 1st innovation & entrepreneurship officer richard lyons (bs from the haas biz school like the monster, phd from mit) is the only one with any apparent passion for athletics

general james arthur knowlton: the colorado springs worthless bureaucrat is the ONLY athletic director in the nation that refuses all media interview requests, he will remembered for not only his financial incompetence but also his role in the mckeever scandal, the hiring of beyond breaking bad bureaucrats like the obstinate markeisha & enron level cfo tom lowry while also retaining the evil as **** jennifer simon-o'neil as his right arm confidante & the mind boggling contract extension of mark fox

cal's next athletic director: assuming richard lyons is the next berkeley chancellor (if he's not, then cal revenue sports as we know them are done forever), the next athletic director needs to be someone with an already strong knowledge of the inner workings of the corrupt department & nearly bankrupt financials...there is no time for an outsider like patrick chun, etc to figure **** out...andrew mcgraw is my #1 candidate & jay john should also receive serious consideration in the inevitable rightsizing of the department & # of teams (relegation to club sports status is unavoidable)

cal football: shocky is gonna watch every single second of the 2024 inaugural acc season in person, this is the most exciting road game schedule in the history of cal football & we got all the necessary talent (at least on paper) for a wildly successful season for the ages...but as sebastapol has accurately pointed out, there is cal football nil donor fatigue so the time is truly now for everything

cal basketball head coach: barring an unforeseen changing of circumstances mark madsen will be the next stanford head basketball coach (the gang of 6 affluent stanford donors have already raised $40,000,000+ in nil support for cards basketball & football players with no end in sight)...mark wuz lied to from day one by knowlton re: the status of the critically needed basketball practice facility (he wuz tole by the con artist that groundbreaking construction wuz imminent when in reality not a single dollar has been raised, doug goldman tole me at the game i attended this season at haas that his former $10,000,000 lead donation is off the tables due to the current leadership in the department)...mark wuz also tole no re: FREE tixs for students to all games in his valiant effort to build a haas of pain by markeisha with the full support of knowlton

cal basketball starting line up: with madsen gone, there is ZERO chance jaylen tyson (who is not an engaged student) is gonna return to berkeley with a 90%+ probability of declaring for the 2024 nba draft...lefty jalen celestine will be the only returning starter of the current starting 5 next season

cal basketball nil fundraising: it's not happening right now & the fanbase/donor is aging out...the only way that's gonna meaningfully change is if jaylen brown (current $305,000,000+ nba super max contract, could write a check in 2 minutes that would place cal near the top of acc nil fundraising) becomes the face of cal basketball with direct engagement with the next bears head coach...but that's not gonna happen until his yoga buddy shocky also returns as a floor seat donor & right now he's further afar from any real interest in cal basketball due to the people involved in the program (not talking about you: harebear, hoop dreams, califortunate & 4th gen bear...ur my people)

cal women's basketball: coach charmin smith finally put together a roster that is willing to play defense but the lack of development of generational +1 athlete michelle onyiah is disappointing

cal softball: so much FUN & energy!!!

cal golf: head coach walter chun (his position endowed by my memorial stadium 50 yard line seats neighbor alec & marie shipman) is building another national championship team in berkeley & regardless of the future of cal athletics shocky's #1 favorite fan hobby (modern yoga & playing the world's top 100 courses are athletic endeavors not a hobby) is gonna continue to be to attending/following max, collin, ben & michael in person at FUN faraway pga tour events in 2024 & the limitless future beyond the flashing blue light in the horizon

https://instagr.am/p/CuxKIOEIazx
VOILA (our time on planet earth is limited, follow the sun with an open heart)#
Johnfox
So Madsen is for sure out of here?
NVBear78
Did Stanfurd Alums raise $42M in NIL funds or did they create a fund of $42M with the planning of using the proceeds for NIL?
wifeisafurd
NVBear78 said:

Did Stanfurd Alums raise $42M in NIL funds or did they create a fund of $42M with the planning of using the proceeds for NIL?
$42 million endowment. Assuming a 5% return (which is likely a low estimate), that is $2.1 million per year to be distributed. And it six alums that allegedly did this, not some broad collective.
carnicelat
$2M NIL for bball and football both, if 5% (Stan payout is closer to 3-4%).
Considerable extra $$$ would need to be there to buy out Madsen's contract, plus pay him well over current Cal salary, and also pay remainder of Haase contract.
wifeisafurd
carnicelat said:

Considerable extra $$$ would need to be there to buy out Madsen's contract, plus pay him well over current Cal salary, and also pay remainder of Haase contract.
If that is all there is to their NIL, it in now way competes with the big boy NIL programs such as USC.
Big C

Geez, I would be extremely angry and frustrated if Madsen left after one year, especially to go to our arch-rival. If that's where he really wanted to be, he shouldn't have taken the Cal job, since it was pretty obvious that Haase wasn't going to be there much longer.

Anyway, I predict he stays. That would be the solid thing to do.
concernedparent
Big C said:

Geez, I would be extremely angry and frustrated if Madsen left after one year, especially to go to our arch-rival. If that's where he really wanted to be, he shouldn't have taken the Cal job, since it was pretty obvious that Haase wasn't going to be there much longer.

He increased his pay 5-8x from his last job at Utah Valley. Would you wait around and potentially let that earning opportunity slip away?
Cal_79
Big C said:

It would be frustrating to see MM leave for his alma mater. And it's likely frustrating for MM to be promised things by JK that aren't being delivered. I know it's frustrating for me having JK as the AD.
Big C
concernedparent said:

Big C said:

He increased his pay 5-8x from his last job at Utah Valley. Would you wait around and potentially let that earning opportunity slip away?

Well, yes, you are reacting to this rationally, with logic, whereas I am reacting emotionally. But just speaking for myself, if I were to have your view, my rational side would also question why I was so passionately rooting for athletes representing my university to defeat athletes representing another.
Econ141
Great news all around. Looks like my Eyesore comments for the past year+ are all valid.

How can you be excited about Cal football if you know the end game is near? I am actively trying to reduce my passion for Cal basketball/football in preparation for the inevitable.
Give to Cal Legends!

https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
wifeisafurd
carnicelat said:

I see no evidence that Furd even funded anything close to that number for NIL, and the story discussed in on basketball board says it was an NIL endowment, which is a patently stupid way to fund NIL. especially when you can't even recruit portal transfers who would command significant NIL payments due to academic restrictions on transfers. I see no merit in there assertion Madsen is leaven to Furd due to NIL support. If you told me someplace like USC, that is a different story.
6956bear
Econ141 said:

Great news all around. Looks like my Eyesore comments for the past year+ are all valid.

How can you be excited about Cal football if you know the end game is near? I am actively trying to reduce my passion for Cal basketball/football in preparation for the inevitable.
There is some genuine reason for concern for both programs. The world of college athletics hs changed. Cal has a good shot at real relevance if the collective is robustly funded. The University itself seemingly does not care much about helping the revenue sports. Perhaps that changes with the next Chancellor. I am not particularly optimistic on that front.

But football needs a breakthrough season. On the field, in the seats and in eyes watching on TV. Football is the driver.

The collective is working hard to get the funds available to compete in the NIL world. I have given all I can for now, but that is the best way to help. But the wealth of Cal alums is formidable. If they can be activated Cal football can be a very attractive destination for players.

But the time for winning is now. There is not enough time to build a program. The collective needs to provide a roster that even Wilcox can win with.In 2024. No small task though. His track record is not great.
BearSD
wifeisafurd said:

carnicelat said:

I see no evidence that Furd even funded anything close to that number for NIL, and the story discussed in on basketball board says it was an NIL endowment, which is a patently stupid way to fund NIL. especially when you can't even recruit portal transfers who would command significant NIL payments due to academic restrictions on transfers. I see no merit in there assertion Madsen is leaven to Furd due to NIL support. If you told me someplace like USC, that is a different story.
There are rumors about Enfield looking at other jobs. Also rumors about Altman retiring from Oregon, and Washington letting Hopkins go. Any of those have more than enough available money to hire anyone they want.
wifeisafurd
BearSD said:

wifeisafurd said:

carnicelat said:

There are rumors about Enfield looking at other jobs. Also rumors about Altman retiring from Oregon, and Washington letting Hopkins go. Any of those have more than enough available money to hire anyone they want.
Yup. They may want someone with a deeper resume with the kind of money they are willing to pony-up.

BTW, one reason to discount the Furd NIL reasons, their two best players and also their starting DB all went into the Portal.
Econ141
https://www.si.com/college/utah/football/cfb-insider-projects-utah-to-the-big-ten-in-next-conference-realignment-wave

How is Utah a more valuable brand than Berkeley or Stanford? What do you think of where we stand relative to this list of 48?
Give to Cal Legends!

https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
BearGoggles
Econ141 said:

https://www.si.com/college/utah/football/cfb-insider-projects-utah-to-the-big-ten-in-next-conference-realignment-wave

How is Utah a more valuable brand than Berkeley or Stanford? What do you think of where we stand relative to this list of 48?
They win and have a fan base that shows up. Surprising number of wealthy donors in a low cost of living area. Far less competition for entertainment $$ than a place like the Bay Area.
Strykur
BearGoggles said:

Econ141 said:

They win and have a fan base that shows up. Surprising number of wealthy donors in a low cost of living area. Far less competition for entertainment $$ than a place like the Bay Area.
Multiple NY6 bowls over the last 20 years (including 2 undefeated seasons), will be dominant in the new Big-12, and thus lots of upside.
Strykur
Cal_79 said:

Big C said:

It would be frustrating to see MM leave for his alma mater. And it's likely frustrating for MM to be promised things by JK that aren't being delivered. I know it's frustrating for me having JK as the AD.
Knowlton deserves props for getting Madsen but if he does leave any remaining goodwill with Knowlton will be vaporized unless he makes a shocking splash hire happen.
sycasey
BearGoggles said:

Econ141 said:

I would also note that this is an entire article written based on one guy's speculation. It doesn't mean anything.
wifeisafurd
BearGoggles said:

Econ141 said:

Also attract way more eyeballs on TV.
First Page Last Page
Page 236 of 267

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.