cal's monster offensive line

1,514,039 Views | 9906 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sd, appreciate the backstory on loyola marymount's enrollment issues, my take is that a lotta other west coast conference, big west conference & mountain west conference schools are now gonna be emboldened in making the necessary sport teams cuts in this new age of rapidly evolving college athletic financials

and yeah ur 100% right about no updates re: title ix & compliance with prong 1, knowlton notes are ghostwritten by a ******* idiot with the perspective that the reader is also dumb as ****...and that's why there's never any mention of financial issues in knowlton notes, just worthless updates re: the quidditch program's glorious victory over the munich bisexual broomstricks on an exciting golden snitch catch in overtime!

wut r the biggest ****show comments by markeisha & knowlton?

*****when the pac 12 fell apart, markeisha issued a statement that cal still stands for racial justice & diversity...wut?

*****when it appeared there wuz no path forward for cal athletics, makeisha/knowlton issued a statement that "they were not sitting on sidelines" doing nothing when literally everybody with knowledge of the conference realignment situation knew that's exactly what knowlton & christ were doing

*****at cal's 1st home football game at memorial stadium with 25,000+ empty seats markeisa/knowlton declared that the student section wuz "sold out"...worthless bureaucrats set really low metrics as goals & then claim that those sorry azz goals have been achieved

*****when cal joined the acc markeisha/knowlton issued a statement that the department wuz "donating" 70% of future media rights revenues until almost 2030 to our new conference "partners"...if it's a donation, why don't they rescind that donation & keep the money?

*****coach madsen in his early days stated that the practice basketball facility wuz gonna break ground...that wuz based on actual lies by knowlton to mark re: the status of the facility which is dead in the water right now until knowlton is fired & doug goldman can be brought back on board for a $10,000,000+ lead donation (which he has pulled off the table since the cal's monster class era)
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/C2slW7EyX7E
congrats to the haas global access program postgrad (and that's just good parenting)#
Shocky1
after receiving lukewarm interest from other schools due to his lack of elite speed after decommitting from washington due to the coaching staff moving on to alabama, jeremiah hunter visited montlake this weekend & is back in the huskies boat

hunter (and his handlers) wuz unhappy with his utilization last season with mostly screens & minimal downfield passing opportunities primarily because he couldn't create separation with opposing defensive backs...now he's gonna play for the huskies who will be starting 5 newcomers on the offensive line, there's gonna be zero time with whoever is the qb1 under duress all season to run deep routes

good luck to jeremiah
rkt88edmo
I didn't see anyone post about it, but the jumbotron had some pretty good action besides the Startup/VC stat

Shocky, you missed (I believe it was Nick Morrow) having a very WWE moment and ripping apart his Gold Out shirt to reveal his massive poundage while Fernando laughed on beside him. CalFB<3CalBB
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

cal's monster offensive line update:

during the epic big game field celebration visited with greyshirt nick morrow from flagstaff high school

tole nick that i saw him play as a senior when his team visited phx to play thunderbird high school (back in the day when shocky moved from the bay to the desert he lived in an apartment with ugly azz orange carpeting across 19th avenue from t-bird hs) & that the then tight end got more foot speed than anybody in coach bloesch's room which is a highly valued skillset

nick tole me he weighed 245 at the time of that game & the he weighed 280 lbs when he arrived as greyshirt in berkeley in january of 2023...right now the 6'8" mobile athlete tole me he weighs 310 lbs...he's not 100% sure wut weight coach bloesch wants him to play at this spring when he makes a legit move towards earning playing rotation snaps

morrow is an excellent student & comes from a highly competitive family of athletes, cal's monster offensive line got a future trench worker in the young man from grand canyon high school in scenic 7000 elevation coconut county
rkt, appreciate the heads up, hopefully somebody got some footage of nick's future wwe threatrics

but let's be real here, some footage is more compelling than other footage or something

https://instagr.am/p/CsukIi2tyZo
morrow got as much footspeed as any member of cal's monster offensive line, will be very insightful to see where he is with his development under the tutelage of coach bloesch during 2024 spring ball

pound for ground (on the 3rd floor at mila, japanese a-5 waygu)#

https://instagr.am/p/C1M7M_VLXJx
Shocky1

congrats to senior aaron du who lit it up en route to a sizzling 66, eric lee shot a 73 playing as an individual

HoopDreams
rkt88edmo said:

I didn't see anyone post about it, but the jumbotron had some pretty good action besides the Startup/VC stat

Shocky, you missed (I believe it was Nick Morrow) having a very WWE moment and ripping apart his Gold Out shirt to reveal his massive poundage while Fernando laughed on beside him. CalFB<3CalBB

Shocky1

ghosty, unfortunately the cal marketing dept is completely NON INNOVATIVE but there's always the hope for tomorrow

the magic of cal football (needs a packed memorial stadium)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/C090vLpO8wx
parking lot conversation last nite at 1:47 am while shocky wuz being walked to his car in shreveport:

shocky: excuse me miss, why are your crying, is everything all right?

texas tech curvy brunette yoga female (4th from right): not really, im graduating this week from the #159th ranked school in the united states with a kinda worthless degree, as im entering the real world it's finally dawning on me that those that are undereducated in today's fiercely competitive global economy are ******, going to pool and lake parties does not build generational wealth plus ima kinda done living in texas, would really rather go explore the world with someone fun and just keep a condo at turtle creek so i can visit my parents every now and then so they can see the baby

shocky: oh come on, your raiders just dominated the #1 ranked public university in the world plus there's always a bright future at the discount tire in plano, jimmy's adult cabaret in lubbock or the buc-ee's food service statewide training program for a very pretty girl like you!

yoga girl: that's not the future i want!...i want to travel the world and take romantic stagecoach rides thru central park at midnite with someone who makes me laugh and that never takes commercial flights!...how can i meet a cal, stanford or ivy league grad to date and marry?

shocky: wut's ur gpa?

IMPORTANT CONFIDENTIAL MESSAGE TO JAYLON TYSON (if ur not jaylon plz close ur eyes or something)

the tech cheerleader that wuz macking on me in shreveport wuz NOT brenley, ok?...look, u can't believe everything jaydn ott tells u, got it?...so quit telling ur boyz ur gonna kick my azz, thank you

Shocky1
said:

transcript from a late breakfast (egg salad sandwich on sourdough, 32 oz green drink & apple slices) this morning at jj's deli in north scottsdale:

mr sun angel: really can't believe your ****, did you ask my wife last nite at whole foods why don't "i love them scared and frightened animal rescue doggys that live on the streets without a safety zone?"

shocky (munching on his food): i dunno, maybe

mr sun angel (handing over a 6 digit check in support of animal advocacy facilities in maricopa county written directly to the facility): yeah, well thanks, so when i get home last night my wife is screaming at me and our daughter is crying because ima horrible person that doesn't care about "doggys"...do you have any sense of social cues or do you always just say whatever the **** you wanna say without any filtering of what might be appropriate or not?

shocky (putting the check in his pocket): sorry, ima gonna eat your pineapple if your not gonna eat it

mr sun angel (getting up to go & getting walked to his car): you really are a smelly berkeley hippie, you know that, don't you?...and thanks for paying for my "free" breakfast

silence as we walk into the parking lot

mr sun angel: what time tomorrow?

shocky: balls in the air at 12:30 pm, no mulligans
just got a funny text from mr silverleaf sun angel, he's NOT happy with the asu 2024 big 12 roadtrips

at texas state (out of conference)-sept 14th (hydrate)
at texas tech-sept 28th (hydrate)
at cincinnati (gonna set up a game for him at camargo with my pal larry who owns the reds)-oct 19th
at oklahoma state-nov 2nd (brhhh)
at kansas state-nov 16th (brhhh, freezing azz cold)
at arizona-nov 30th (tucson is a dump)

yeah manhattan kansas is NOT paris

the reality is that the big 12 is a loose amalgamation of geographically incompatible pieces of **** academic skools (zero admission standards) domiciled in redneck truck stop towns (with the exceptions of tempe & boulder) that NOBODY on planet earth wants to visit other than a lot lizard with cfm pumps & terminable stds traveling the big 12 footprint on a high winds fall biz roadtrip of truck stops with her pimp

and there's nothing wrong with that...cal's monster class is a safe judgement free zone, got it?

shocky don't got a good ponytail (sigh)#
wifeisafurd
Unfortunately, they have a commissioner who knew what he was doing, which is why the Big 12 is thriving despite having some loser academic schools, and the Pac 12 blew-up. Looking at the Pac CEOs you have to wonder how smart are they really?

(I'm willing to concede the two Utah schools had decent academics, though Utah wanted to be in the B1G).
Shocky1
wifey, commish yormark did hire endeavor's's karen brodkin aka "accprisoner" (a berkeley grad) to lobby on the big 12's behalf but the reality is that truck stop skool conference is honestly the armpit of america

gamedays in the big 12 (not exactly miami)#

https://instagr.am/p/CpLbwJLsmUa
wifeisafurd
Shocky1 said:

wifey, commish yormark did hire endeavor's's karen brodkin aka "accprisoner" (a berkeley grad) to lobby on the big 12's behalf but the reality is that truck stop skool conference is honestly the armpit of america

I'm absolutely would rather be in the ACC with strong academic schools and many great locations, than the Big 12. Great for me as a spectator, less great for some Cal athletes that have more travel time.

I would rather be in the Pac 12, but the last two "outside the box" Commissioners managed to blow-up the conference with the tepid oversight of 12 clueless CEOs, while the guy running the "dumbass" conference completely outplayed the Pac and stole four schools, three of which upgraded the academic profile of his conference. You can trash the Big 12 all you want, but their management actually knows what it is doing.
juarezbear
wifeisafurd said:

Shocky1 said:

I'm absolutely would rather be in the ACC with strong academic schools and many great locations, than the Big 12. Great for me as a spectator, less great for some Cal athletes that have more travel time.

I would rather be in the Pac 12, but the last two "outside the box" Commissioners managed to blow-up the conference with the tepid oversight of 12 clueless CEOs, while the guy running the "dumbass" conference completely outplayed the Pac and stole four schools, three of which upgraded the academic profile of his conference. You can trash the Big 12 all you want, but their management actually knows what is doing.
Wifey is right on the money with this. We had the somnambulistic Harvard grad at the wheel as our tour bus veered off the mountain road into a fiery end at the bottom of the ravine. 10 passengers made it out alive and 2 were DOA.
BearSD
wifeisafurd said:

Shocky1 said:

I would rather be in the Pac 12, but the last two "outside the box" Commissioners managed to blow-up the conference with the tepid oversight of 12 clueless CEOs, while the guy running the "dumbass" conference completely outplayed the Pac and stole four schools, three of which upgraded the academic profile of his conference. You can trash the Big 12 all you want, but their management actually knows what is doing.
Saying that the Big 12 outplayed the Pac-12 is like saying that a vulture outplayed a deer that had already been killed by wolves.
wifeisafurd
BearSD said:

wifeisafurd said:

Shocky1 said:

Saying that the Big 12 outplayed the Pac-12 is like saying that a vulture outplayed a deer that had already been killed by wolves.
More like the vulture outplayed a deer that ran head first into a boulder. The wounds were self-inflicted by:

1) horrible mismanagement by Larry Scott; and

2) George "let's wait longer for a bad TV deal with a non-linear provider" Kliavkoff complete and utter failure to understand the football media market.
juarezbear
wifeisafurd said:

BearSD said:

wifeisafurd said:

Shocky1 said:

More like the vulture outplayed a deer that ran head first into a boulder. The wounds were self-inflicted by:

2) George "let's wait longer for a bad TV deal with a non-linear provider" Kliavkoff complete and utter failure to understand the football media market.

Which all leads back to the college presidents who hired Kliavkoff and ensured destruction of the Pac. To be fair, not sure what he could've done because I believe the only offer received was the B12 for $30M which the presidents refused.
Shocky1

not a memorable day for the men's golf team in the 2nd round with the 4th highest team total at 285...the bears chopped up the par 3 8th hole (4 over par) & the par 3 10th hole (5 over par), fully expect the coaches to be on these tee boxes tomorrow morning discussing clubbing & strategic options
Shocky1

the takers get PAID in the nfl (which requires elite quick twitch +1 athleticism & SPEED)#
Shocky1

shocky gotta lotta mentors (but none for cryptocurrency)#
Shocky1

friendly reminder to coach madsen re: our conversation with hoop dreams in the tunnel at memorial stadium while the football team bears got amped up re: 2024 walk on recruiting priorities

dom arigato (let's pack haas)#
Shocky1

the university of calveston=#1 ranked public university in the world (for high gpa seabirds flying towards the sun over the golden gate bridge)

Shocky1

man on fire (un******* unbreakable)#
wifeisafurd
juarezbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

BearSD said:

wifeisafurd said:

Shocky1 said:

Which all leads back to the college presidents who hired Kliavkoff and ensured destruction of the Pac. To be fair, not sure what he could've done because I believe the only offer received was the B12 for $30M which the presidents refused.
Not so quick. George initially promised the Pac CEOs a deal with a six in front. Then it was a five in front. Then he was shocked that ESPN only came in at $30 Million and he recommended not accepting the ESPN deal because he could line-up a non-linear carrier who would love the Pac 12 larger markets for a way to gain more coin. They followed his lead and he went back with a $50 million per team counter, at which point ESPN simply withdrew, and went to the Big 12 with essentially the same deal in order to get inventory. Why $50 Million per team? Because that is what George was saying the Pac, sans USC and UCLA, were worth. George simply didn't compute that ESPN and Fox Sports were cratering money and laying off staff, or the decline in ratings and advert revenues as factors that mattered, because he incorrectly determined that a non-linear provider, such as say Amazon or Apple, would pay more for new subscribers that would join their network, in order to get new deal. At that point, the U of Colorado President talked to some experts, and he responded by saying George has a screw loose, and he took his program to the Big 12. That alarmed some other Presidents (notably those at Utah, Udub and Oregon), that basically said to the B1G we will accept a cut in the B1G TV contract payout for several years, just accept us (they said no to Utah "at this time"). Then, not too surprisingly, the non-linear offer came in at $20 Million per team guaranteed and $10 Million in incentives because (i) the linear carrier understood the competitive value was only at $30 million per team and (ii) the linear carries were not willing to gamble an unproven model that west coast college football could generate a decent increase in subscriber levels. The non--linear guys also probably had not been told in a convincing manner by George that no athletic director can set a budget on $10 Million payment which is conditional. This huge disconnect doomed the conference. George's continuing misrepresentation/misunderstanding of the Pac 10's TV value, was the huge set of mistakes that actually took the conference down, though the Pac conference was on life support from mistakes make by Tennis Larry. And yes, the ultimate blame goes on the Pac 12 CEOs who twice hired a Commissioner who essentially no experience in college sports. Compare and contrast with the resumes of the Commissioners from the other 4 power conferences.

And to tell you how wrong George was, he said after Colorado left, losing more members of the conference was "not a concern." "Our schools are committed to each other and to the Pac-12. We'll get our media rights deal done, we'll announce the deal. I think the realignment that's going on in college athletics will come to an end for this cycle," he said, via Yahoo Sports. Two days later Washington and Oregon left.

And just to get into more George screw-ups, this was the guy who decided to set up alliances with the B1G and ACC, only to have the B1G pick his pocket by taking his two biggest names. That should have been a red flag right there that George didn't have a clue.

Shocky1
wifey, ur breadth of knowledge re: the demise of the pac 12 is remarkable & fascinating to read, thx u for sharing this important backstory of how cal athletics got to this place at this point in time

and so with that being said, please sign me for an advance copy (signed autograph & a free lunch at rolling hills would be appreciated) of ur upcoming NYT bestseller re: the pac 12, ok?

hopefully this historical novel will sell more copies than the last book shocky ghostwrote under a nda

surprisingly this book didn't sell particularly well but is still a bestseller in new zealand, it's giant there

yoga is best done with a ponytail & upside down (or something)#

juarezbear
wifeisafurd said:

juarezbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

BearSD said:

wifeisafurd said:

Shocky1 said:

Not so quick. George initially promised the Pac CEOs a deal with a six in front. Then it was a five in front. Then he was shocked that ESPN only came in at $30 Million and he recommended not accepting the ESPN deal because he could line-up a non-linear carrier who would love the Pac 12 larger markets for a way to gain more coin. They followed his lead and he went back with a $50 million per team counter, at which point ESPN simply withdrew, and went to the Big 12 with essentially the same deal in order to get inventory. Why $50 Million per team, because that is what George was saying the Pac, sans USC and UCLA, were worth. George simply didn't compute that ESPN and Fox Sports were cratering money and laying off staff, or the decline in ratings and advert revenues as factors that mattered, because he incorrectly determined that non-linear provider, such as say Amazon or Apple, would pay more for new subscribers that would join their network, in order to get new deal. At that point, the U of Colorado President talked to some experts, and he responded by saying George has a screw loose, and he took his program to the Big 12. That alarmed some other Presidents (notably those at Utah, Udub and Oregon), that basically said to the B1G we will accept a cut in the B1G TV contract payout for several years, just accept us). Then, not to surprisingly, the non-linear offer came in at $20 Million per team guaranteed and $10 Million in incentives because (i) they understood the competitive value was only at $30 million per team and (ii) they were not willing to gamble an unproven model that west coast college football could generate a decent increase in subscriber levels. The non--linear guys also probably had not been told in a convincing manner by George that no athletic director can set a budget on $10 Million which is conditional. This huge disconnect doomed the conference. George's continuing misrepresentation/misunderstanding of the Pac 10's TV value, was the huge set of mistakes that actually took the conference down, though the Pac conference was on life support from mistakes make by Tennis Larry. And yes, the ultimate blame goes on the Pac 12 CEOs who twice hired a Commissioner who essentially no experience in college sports. Compare and contrast with the resumes of the Commissioners from the other 4 power conferences.

And to tell you how wrong George was, he said after Colorado left, losing more members of the conference was "not a concern." "Our schools are committed to each other and to the Pac-12. We'll get our media rights deal done, we'll announce the deal. I think the realignment that's going on in college athletics will come to an end for this cycle," he said, via Yahoo Sports. Two days later Washington and Oregon left.

And just to get into more George screw-ups, this was the guy who decided to set up alliances with the B1G and ACC, only to have the B1G pick his pocket by taking his two biggest names. That should have been a red flag right there that George didn't have a clue.

Thank you for the thorough, educational reply. George definitely screwed the pooch and then did his best to save his skin and paycheck afterwards. If there's any lesson here, it's that there should always be a CEO rep in all of the negotiations because had there been a balance/reality check in real time, somebody could've potentially spotted the red flags which he clearly didn't see or flat out ignored. Regardless, it will be interesting to see what happens when the current B1G and SEC deals expire and FOX/ESPN realize they've way overpaid and move more games to paid streaming like the NFL is starting to do with Peacock.
wifeisafurd
juarezbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

juarezbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

BearSD said:

wifeisafurd said:

Shocky1 said:

Not so quick. George initially promised the Pac CEOs a deal with a six in front. Then it was a five in front. Then he was shocked that ESPN only came in at $30 Million and he recommended not accepting the ESPN deal because he could line-up a non-linear carrier who would love the Pac 12 larger markets for a way to gain more coin. They followed his lead and he went back with a $50 million per team counter, at which point ESPN simply withdrew, and went to the Big 12 with essentially the same deal in order to get inventory. Why $50 Million per team, because that is what George was saying the Pac, sans USC and UCLA, were worth. George simply didn't compute that ESPN and Fox Sports were cratering money and laying off staff, or the decline in ratings and advert revenues as factors that mattered, because he incorrectly determined that non-linear provider, such as say Amazon or Apple, would pay more for new subscribers that would join their network, in order to get new deal. At that point, the U of Colorado President talked to some experts, and he responded by saying George has a screw loose, and he took his program to the Big 12. That alarmed some other Presidents (notably those at Utah, Udub and Oregon), that basically said to the B1G we will accept a cut in the B1G TV contract payout for several years, just accept us). Then, not to surprisingly, the non-linear offer came in at $20 Million per team guaranteed and $10 Million in incentives because (i) they understood the competitive value was only at $30 million per team and (ii) they were not willing to gamble an unproven model that west coast college football could generate a decent increase in subscriber levels. The non--linear guys also probably had not been told in a convincing manner by George that no athletic director can set a budget on $10 Million which is conditional. This huge disconnect doomed the conference. George's continuing misrepresentation/misunderstanding of the Pac 10's TV value, was the huge set of mistakes that actually took the conference down, though the Pac conference was on life support from mistakes make by Tennis Larry. And yes, the ultimate blame goes on the Pac 12 CEOs who twice hired a Commissioner who essentially no experience in college sports. Compare and contrast with the resumes of the Commissioners from the other 4 power conferences.

Thank you for the thorough, educational reply. George definitely screwed the pooch and then did his best to save his skin and paycheck afterwards. If there's any lesson here, it's that there should always be a CEO rep in all of the negotiations because had there been a balance/reality check in real time, somebody could've potentially spotted the red flags which he clearly didn't see or flat out ignored. Regardless, it will be interesting to see what happens when the current B1G and SEC deals expire and FOX/ESPN realize they've way overpaid and move more games to paid streaming like the NFL is starting to do with Peacock.
totally agree, the B1G moves by the 4 Pac teams seem like short term plays, because in 7 years they are headed for a big revenue cut. That long term ACC deal won't look all that bad.
BearSD
juarezbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

juarezbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

BearSD said:

wifeisafurd said:

Shocky1 said:

Peacock already has one Big Ten football game a week plus Big Ten men's and women's basketball.
wifeisafurd
BearSD said:

juarezbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

juarezbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

BearSD said:

wifeisafurd said:

Shocky1 said:

Peacock already has one Big Ten football game a week plus Big Ten men's and women's basketball.
Is the Peacock experiment working - are they seeing more subscribers?
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

cal's monster class exclusive update:

the cal athletic department has borrowed $11,000,000 from the central campus instead of cutting teams/rightsizing the internal bureaucracy

cfo tom lowry has responded to my public information requests with the following statement:

"In FY 22, Cal Athletics borrowed $11M from Central Campus to help offset short term revenue losses, and properly characterized the loan for NCCA and external audit reporting. Campus agreed to provide an $11M interest only/forgiveable loan (FY22), with a 29 year loan (FY22-FY51), interest/payment free for ten years (FY22-32), at a 3% interest rate."
https://instagr.am/p/C2X8Kues1uD
MAJOR cal's monster class exclusive update ii:

last week requested from cfo tom lowry a one or two sentence update (no attachments) re: whether or not the athletic department has requested or received any loans for fy23

lowry has opted to NOT respond to this simple question & directed department coordinator delaney heller to once again require me to go thru the public records information process

so shocky called delaney this afternoon and she tole me this is the standard process for any questions that don't got answers online

asked delaney why isn't the athletic department divulging major loans online?

asked delaney if someone without internet access (on a cruise ship, etc.) calls up the athletic department & asks wut time is the basketball game friday nite is that person also gonna have to file a pra?

worthless & corrupt bureaucrats try to obfuscate & NOT transparently share basic financial information

yeah kinda curious how many donut zeros there are with the current cal athletic department debt...

delaney assured me she will get this information to me in an expedient manner

this **** is NOT going away#
OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM THE CAL ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT:

delaney heller sent me an email today advising that pra requests are taking around "10 weeks" at this time but that she will try to expedite that timeline

asking a cfo how many millions of dollars they've borrowed from the central campus should take about as long as asking a football head coach how many scholly linebackers do they got on the roster, both requests should take 60 seconds

updates will continue to be posted here re: this CRITICAL piece of information that affects the FUTURE of cal athletics

bureaucrats non transparently withholding information#
Shocky1

cal's monster offensive line announcement:

coach bloesch got a commitment from 6'6" 315 lbs 2024 offensive tackle sam bjerke as a preferred walk on from cathedral catholic in san diego...tremendous size & intelligence, needs to develop greater mobility & explosive quick twitch movement

sam is NOT a dumb azz, he got a 3.58 gpa

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including legoland high school)

BearSD
wifeisafurd said:

BearSD said:

juarezbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

juarezbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

BearSD said:

wifeisafurd said:

Shocky1 said:

They claim to have 31 million paid subscribers. No way of knowing how many are motivated by the Big Ten. Also, that number includes Comcast internet and cable customers who get heavily discounted Peacock subscriptions that will revert to full price after a year.
juarezbear
BearSD said:

wifeisafurd said:

BearSD said:

juarezbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

juarezbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

BearSD said:

wifeisafurd said:

Shocky1 said:

They claim to have 31 million paid subscribers. No way of knowing how many are motivated by the Big Ten. Also, that number includes Comcast internet and cable customers who get heavily discounted Peacock subscriptions that will revert to full price after a year.

Although there were a lot of complaints about the playoff game that was on Peacock, NBC Sports is planning on expanding the number of games on the streamer. Will be interesting to see how this ends, but my gut says all pro sports will end up there sooner than later. There's too much money for subscriber services.
wifeisafurd
BearSD said:

wifeisafurd said:

BearSD said:

juarezbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

juarezbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

BearSD said:

wifeisafurd said:

Shocky1 said:

how many are new subscribers during the last B1G season?
wifeisafurd
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

cal's monster class exclusive update:

the cal athletic department has borrowed $11,000,000 from the central campus instead of cutting teams/rightsizing the internal bureaucracy

cfo tom lowry has responded to my public information requests with the following statement:

"In FY 22, Cal Athletics borrowed $11M from Central Campus to help offset short term revenue losses, and properly characterized the loan for NCCA and external audit reporting. Campus agreed to provide an $11M interest only/forgiveable loan (FY22), with a 29 year loan (FY22-FY51), interest/payment free for ten years (FY22-32), at a 3% interest rate."
https://instagr.am/p/C2X8Kues1uD
MAJOR cal's monster class exclusive update ii:

last week requested from cfo tom lowry a one or two sentence update (no attachments) re: whether or not the athletic department has requested or received any loans for fy23

lowry has opted to NOT respond to this simple question & directed department coordinator delaney heller to once again require me to go thru the public records information process

so shocky called delaney this afternoon and she tole me this is the standard process for any questions that don't got answers online

asked delaney why isn't the athletic department divulging major loans online?

asked delaney if someone without internet access (on a cruise ship, etc.) calls up the athletic department & asks wut time is the basketball game friday nite is that person also gonna have to file a pra?

worthless & corrupt bureaucrats try to obfuscate & NOT transparently share basic financial information

yeah kinda curious how many donut zeros there are with the current cal athletic department debt...

delaney assured me she will get this information to me in an expedient manner

this **** is NOT going away#
OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM THE CAL ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT:

delaney heller sent me an email today advising that pra requests are taking around "10 weeks" at this time but that she will try to expedite that timeline

asking a cfo how many millions of dollars they've borrowed from the central campus should take about as long as asking a football head coach how many scholly linebackers do they got on the roster, both requests should take 60 seconds

updates will continue to be posted here re: this CRITICAL piece of information that affects the FUTURE of cal athletics

bureaucrats non transparently withholding information#
the problem is that it goes through legal, which at Cal can mean slow death.
First Page Last Page
Page 225 of 284

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.