cal's monster offensive line

1,525,782 Views | 9940 Replies | Last: 34 min ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cal's monster offensive line recruiting update:

with the smu football program in upheaval with multiple guys heading into the portal kinda mid season, now is a good time to mention that coach mcclure has extended a conditional offer to 6'7" 265 lbs sean scott from them west ranch wildcats in stevenson ranch (near san clarita)...he's got the height & length along with the athleticism that the staff is seeking in an offensive tackle

scott is a mobile edge protector that initiates contact with defenders while playing in space with a strong motor...he's committed to working in the weight room & currently dead lifts an impressive 550 lbs

sean is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.3 gpa...dude apparently reads forbes too

right now he's committed to smu

if sean takes an official visit to berkeley it might happen after his regular season ends on october 21st

yeah the last big time california golden bear from that area was rocket armed quarterback kyle boller from hart high school who was a first round draft choice (19th overall pick) in the 2003 national football league draft & later married the kinda crazy azz (she's a blonde) carrie prejean who wuz miss america back in the day

it's true berkeley grads gotta lotta options in life

the university of california, berkeley=#3 ranked university in the world (including kinza sushi & asian izakaya)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
JB was a Chieftain
Shocky1 said:

with the smu football program in upheaval with multiple guys heading into the portal kinda mid season, now is a good time to mention that coach mcclure has extended a conditional offer to 6'7" 265 lbs sean scott from them west ranch wildcats in stevenson ranch (near san clarita)...he's got the height & length along with the athleticism that the staff is seeking in an offensive tackle

scott is a mobile edge protector that initiates contact with defenders while playing in space with a strong motor...he's committed to working in the weight room & currently dead lifts an impressive 550 lbs

sean is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.3 gpa...dude apparently reads forbes too

right now he's committed to smu

if sean takes an official visit to berkeley it might happen after his regular season ends on october 21st

yeah the last big time california golden bear from that area was rocket armed quarterback kyle boller from hart high school who was a first round draft choice (19th overall pick) in the 2003 national football league draft & later married the kinda crazy azz (she's a blonde) carrie prejean who wuz miss america back in the day

it's true berkeley grads gotta lotta options in life

the university of california, berkeley=#3 ranked university in the world (including kinza sushi & asian izakaya)

Don't forget Shane Vareen from nearby Valencia
Shocky1
jb and don't forget about max homa who played from sunrise to sunset at the scruffy vista valencia public course (dad an acting coach, family couldn't afford a country club membership) with his childhood friend/now caddie joe greiner

but now max, his wife lacey (who is expecting their 1st baby real soon) & scotty the rescue doggy live near the shockster

who saved who?#
eastcoastcal
Shocky1 said:

jb and don't forget about max homa who played from sunrise to sunset at the scruffy vista valencia public course (dad an acting coach, family couldn't afford a country club membership) with his childhood friend/now caddie joe greiner

but now max, his wife lacey (who is expecting their 1st baby real soon) & scotty the rescue doggy live near the shockster

who saved who?#
Shocky do you think the pga will be able to weather the emergence of the liv
Shocky1
who knows eastcoastcal but very proud that colin morikawa & max homa have both turned down staggering sums of blood money (their dreams of winning major championships & patriotism to america are not for sale) to join the piece of **** liv tour which is financed by the 9/11 terrorists who bombed the twin towers in new york city

and yeah colin's buddy koa (got his own instagram run by morikawa's fiance katherine, they getting married later this year) is not a fan of shady **** either

https://instagr.am/p/CR4206cNAYF
colin & katherine are foster doggy parents#
eastcoastcal
Shocky1 said:

who knows eastcoastcal but very proud that colin morikawa & max homa have both turned down staggering sums of blood money (their dreams of winning major championships & patriotism to america are not for sale) to join the piece of **** liv tour which is financed by the 9/11 terrorists who bombed the twin towers in new york city

and yeah colin's buddy koa (got his own instagram run by morikawa's fianc katherine, they getting married later this year) is not a fan of shady **** either

https://instagr.am/p/CR4206cNAYF
colin & katherine are foster doggy parents#
very cute dog and hopefully colin and max can dominate the tour

if you ever manage to get that million bucks to me I'll give you a special ball from the crazy '06 US Open. given to me by the dude who was on groundstaff and crosscut the greens. winged foot logo on it and all

fair trade, i know

Shocky1

so not so long ago me & slim wadie are doing a brisk walking 36 holes beautiful late summer day at winged foot west & east and between one of the nines the short gregarious irish general manager of the club who made this happen comes out of the stately tudor clubhouse wearing a coat & tie and asks us how's it going?

the shockster says "regis, thank you again so much for the kind invitation today, the decision to replace tom fazio with gil hanse as the architect of record to restore both courses original tillinghast features was an inspired one, great move, particularly love the green expansion on the back right of the monster par 4 8th on the west for potential future us open pin placements, regis"

slim wadie is kinda annoyingly tapping me in the back with his putter

when the gm & ima done with our conversation and he departs back into the clubhouse, the shockster asks slim wadie on the 10th tee what's up?

slim wadie is laughing, "your such a dumb azz, he looks like regis but his name isn't regis, it's colin, thanks for getting me out here champ"

**** me, should've just stayed home & walked them rescue dogs happy & misty mae with taylor, no chance colin is gonna give me a wf ball now but that's ok, purists never play with logo balls anyways

https://instagr.am/p/B5bmxMjjBL0
what's in a name anyways (mamaroneck got good pizza)?#
Shocky1

this season the bears got 14 scholly offensive lineman which quite frankly isn't enough guys due to the often longer timeframes involved in development at this position particularly with respects to gains in the s&c program

coach wilcox (whose wasted a lotta schollys on slow twitch white linebackers & tight ends thru the years tryna build out a west coast wisconsin multi flex roster) is finally on board in realizing that the o-line room needs upwards of 16 schollys from a scholly roster management strategic standpoint

keep in mind that the entire starting line up from the uc davis game (coleman, driscoll, cindric, lovell & rhome) could all theoretically move on after this season after 4 years of college with potentially college degrees, that's not gonna happen of course

so right now the bears got grayshirt eric morrow arriving in january as a 15th, the staff hopes to sign a 2023 high school prospect for a 16th & a specific prospective immediate impact portal transfer from a power five conference is already on the radar (not breaking any ncca rules of course, just watching from further afar) as a 17th with maybe a scholly player departing from berkeley to get the number to 16 schollys for the 2023 season, got it?

reality is that the offensive line struggles this season were obvious as **** due to coach wilcox's 1st coaching staff including a burnt out steve greatwood whose flip phone recruiting prowess is only surpassed by billy m (which is why now marshall is the lead contact on all quarterback recruiting with billy m riding shotgun)...this 2022 roster should have 4-5 solid guys with multiple years in the program, instead greatwood's legacy (steve was more interested in talking to his grandkids in bend than prospective o-line prospects) leaves us only ben & cindo as rocks

a lotta casual fans wanna fire coach mcclure & put mikey up for a no kill facility adoption (yeah he gotta quit peeing on justin's fake rubber tree in the corner of his office but so what?) but that's only because they are dumb azzs & don't got a yoga/meditaton practice like shocky to be able to see/think clearly...and that's ok, this is a judgment free safe zone

reality is that angus & saffell did their job in securing 15 minute commitments from coveted o-line prospects tobias raymond & amos talalele...but then dealmaker riley (and his kinda sketchy team) threw huge dollars at both high school prospects from challenging (one with a dead parent)/lower socioeconomic backgrounds who then flipped to the trojans

the kinda funny fire everybody pitchfork community (who wuz probably extras in beauty & the beast when they marched up the mountain to the monster's castle with their lanterns) also don't seem be aware that the best offensive line recruit in the last decade to matriculate in berkeley is sioape vatikani, one of vati's closest friends is fellow true freshman walk on linebacker malcolm mcclure...anybody tryna push siope into the portal?

so who is grayshirt offensive tackle eric morrow?

morrow is a +1 athlete (for his towering legit 6'8" size) that the shockster saw play at thunderbird high school in phx last season, he literally ran away from safeties at tight end...sean manning, the head football coach at flagstaff high school (my summer club is nearby in the 7000 elevation town) told me at the end of july that morrow is a work out warrior from a great family of athletes & that he's currently bulked up to 265 lbs and fully understands his future is at offensive tackle (and not tight end or defensive line)...eric got a 3.7 gpa, he's not a dumb azz

the university of california, berkeley=#3 ranked university in the united states of america (including coconino county)

Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Cepa3d9lCKN
como tele vous?

tyrone wallace has signed a contract with beltic elite in paris for the 2022-2023 season, this will be his 1st time playing abroad

t-wall faced a tough decision after playing 112 games in the nba (after getting drafted in the 2nd round by the los angeles clippers which i accurately predicted based upon my multiple conversations with the clips west coast scout during the pre pregame warm ups which are 45 minutes before games) & two 10 day contracts last season with the new orleans pelicans...does he take guaranteed european money or continue to pursue the nba dream?...he's made a couple of million in the nba, good money but not generational wealth...so at the end of the day t-wall decided he gotta financially take care of his 2 beautiful young children

met tyrone's family at the sav mart areana when cal played fresno state back in the day...his single parent moms michelle (told me to call her "misha") in a choked up proud voice told me in front of her children that despite all the school & basketball responsibilities in berkeley that her oldest son always finds the time every week to call home & speak individually with each of his brothers & sisters to encourage/follow up on their homework...yeah shocks might've had a couple of tears in his eyes too after hearing that ****

my favorite t-wall moment happened in the 1st scrimmage of his senior year at haas (after he decided to return to berkeley to fulfill his deathbed promise to his grandfather charles johnson that he would be the first person in his family to earn a college degree)...that entire summer the shockster via cal's monster class (5,000,000+ views) made fun of wallace's free throw shooting pointing out that there were zero teams in the nba that wanted a point guard that couldn't make free throws in the final 2 minutes of the game & that miss paddlebrooks (a fictitious chain-smoking 60+ year old recess monitor at montera middle school in oakland) could make more free throws than tyrone...the monster was on his azz daily which was balanced by my partner hoop dreams positive messages

one of the key things that i focused upon was the splatter chart shown to me by a new york knicks scout during one of the pre pregame shoot arounds...casual fans measure shooting by percentages, in the ruthless billion dollars+ nba biz they rely upon sophisticated splatter shooting charts which records in great detail not only where you are on the floor when the shot is attempted but also where the shot misses around the hoop...it was explained to me that pure shooters like j-mat & the bird miss shots off the front & back of the rim...it was a huge ******* nba scouting red flag that t-wall missed shots were right & left, that's no bueno if you wanna get paid

so taylor & i are sitting at the closed 1st scrimmage of the season in our usual floor seats directly in front of the free throw line on the opponents bench side of haas...wallace is hacked to death by the king (it's goooood to be the kinggggg) & gets 2 free throws...the shockster says loudly "here we go again"...a couple of his teammates on the free throw line look over & kinda nervously laugh

wallace dribbles the ball a couple of times at the foul line & then hoists the 1st free throw thru the haas airspace & the shot with much higher & improved trajectory (kinda like my favorite hooper canadian joel brown's 2023 free throws & luckhurt's future nfl kicks) gently goes thru the middle of the hoops without even touching the rim

the shockster says loudly "you gotta be kidding me" with my voice echoing off the walls of a near empty haas

so then wallace dribbles again & shoots the 2nd free throw with the exact same result

the shockster says loudly "did someone work on their free throws this summer or what?"

t-wall holds the post stroke pose & then turns to look at me & taylor for a solid 3 seconds just staring at me with intense prison dead eyes...then tyrone points his finger (not his middle one) at me & gives me his zillion watt smile, turns around & jogs back court while his teammates are screaming **** & coach martin is clapping his hands & exclaiming in his deep baritone voice "let's do this"

my greatest hope/dream for this remarkable young man got nothing to do with basketball...i hope that someday soon both he & his longtime on & off girlfriend (also the moms to his 2 children) mercedes alcantar will settle down together to create a stable family situation...when i would see mercedes at the bears games when she drove up from bakersfield i would always hug her & tell her that t-wall would have to be crazy to not love forever such a gracious muy bonita curvy brunette yoga female like her, she would laugh, tell me thank you & ask me to please remind tyrone of that

if t-wall had not been injured by a teammate (the true full story cannot be told at this time) & the bird mentally/physically frozen on the big stage, the california golden bears had the firepower to become a final four team...and this can happen again in berkeley

but don't believe the jaylen brown wrote a paper the nite before explanation, he's just playing you...jb is branding himself (with my encouragement) as an "intellectual" that plays chess, a student of philosophy, writes 35 page upper division papers and takes classes/a guest speaker at harvard which is gonna pay big dividends in his aspirations to becomes a nba general manager & eventually a franchise owner in the national basketball league

yeah when it comes to t-wall you gotta love it hate it

the magic of cal basketball (outside of the louvre)#

Shocky1

just sent my yoga buddy jaylen brown a message telling him that the next time the boston celtics lose a playoff series he should offer the explanation that he was kinda tired from his research the nite before for mit on the effects of sustainable farming in geopolitical economies with compromised weather patterns as measured by algorithms or something

trust me, jaylen is an intellectual, that's why his nba declaration press conference announcement not only included his black father figure/mentor (like t-wall & young ivee, jb was raised by a single moms) coach martin but also his berkeley upper divisions coursework professors

jaylen brown is not a dumb azz (but jim knowlton might be one)#
Shocky1
3.5 gpa ben marshall getting it done both on & off the field

not a fan of shoneys#

the university of california, berkeley=#3 ranked university in the united states of america (vanderbilt is for dumb azzs)
Big C
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/Cepa3d9lCKN
como tele vous?

tyrone wallace has signed a contract with beltic elite in paris for the 2022-2023 season, this will be his 1st time playing abroad

t-wall faced a tough decision after playing 112 games in the nba (after getting drafted in the 2nd round by the los angeles clippers which i accurately predicted based upon my multiple conversations with the clips west coast scout during the pre pregame warm ups which are 45 minutes before games) & two 10 day contracts last season with the new orleans pelicans...does he take guaranteed european money or continue to pursue the nba dream?...he's made a couple of million in the nba, good money but not generational wealth...so at the end of the day t-wall decided he gotta financially take care of his 2 beautiful young children

met tyrone's family at the sav mart areana when cal played fresno state back in the day...his single parent moms michelle (told me to call her "misha") in a choked up proud voice told me in front of her children that despite all the school & basketball responsibilities in berkeley that her oldest son always finds the time every week to call home & speak individually with each of his brothers & sisters to encourage/follow up on their homework...yeah shocks might've had a couple of tears in his eyes too after hearing that ****

my favorite t-wall moment happened in the 1st scrimmage of his senior year at haas (after he decided to return to berkeley to fulfill his deathbed promise to his grandfather charles johnson that he would be the first person in his family to earn a college degree)...that entire summer the shockster via cal's monster class (5,000,000+ views) made fun of wallace's free throw shooting pointing out that there were zero teams in the nba that wanted a point guard that couldn't make free throws in the final 2 minutes of the game & that miss paddlebrooks (a fictitious chain-smoking 60+ year old recess monitor at montera middle school in oakland) could make more free throws than tyrone...the monster was on his azz daily which was balanced by my partner hoop dreams positive messages

one of the key things that i focused upon was the splatter chart shown to me by a new york knicks scout during one of the pre pregame shoot arounds...casual fans measure shooting by percentages, in the ruthless billion dollars+ nba biz they rely upon sophisticated splatter shooting charts which records in great detail not only where you are on the floor when the shot is attempted but also where the shot misses around the hoop...it was explained to me that pure shooters like j-mat & the bird miss shots off the front & back of the rim...it was a huge ******* nba scouting red flag that t-wall missed shots were right & left, that's no bueno if you wanna get paid

so taylor & i are sitting at the closed 1st scrimmage of the season in our usual floor seats directly in front of the free throw line on the opponents bench side of haas...wallace is hacked to death by the king (it's goooood to be the kinggggg) & gets 2 free throws...the shockster says loudly "here we go again"...a couple of his teammates on the free throw line look over & kinda nervously laugh

wallace dribbles the ball a couple of times at the foul line & then hoists the 1st free throw thru the haas airspace & the shot with much higher & improved trajectory (kinda like my favorite hooper canadian joel brown's 2023 free throws & luckhurt's future nfl kicks) gently goes thru the middle of the hoops without even touching the rim

the shockster says loudly "you gotta be kidding me" with my voice echoing off the walls of a near empty haas

so then wallace dribbles again & shoots the 2nd free throw with the exact same result

the shockster says loudly "did someone work on their free throws this summer or what?"

t-wall holds the post stroke pose & then turns to look at me & taylor for a solid 3 seconds just staring at me with intense prison dead eyes...then tyrone points his finger (not his middle one) at me & gives me his zillion watt smile, turns around & jogs back court while his teammates are screaming **** & coach martin is clapping his hands & exclaiming in his deep baritone voice "let's do this"

my greatest hope/dream for this remarkable young man got nothing to do with basketball...i hope that someday soon both he & his longtime on & off girlfriend (also the moms to his 2 children) mercedes alcantar will settle down together to create a stable family situation...when i would see mercedes at the bears games when she drove up from bakersfield i would always hug her & tell her that t-wall would have to be crazy to not love forever such a gracious muy bonita curvy brunette yoga female like her, she would laugh, tell me thank you & ask me to please remind tyrone of that

if t-wall had not been injured by a teammate (the true full story cannot be told at this time) & the bird mentally/physically frozen on the big stage, the california golden bears had the firepower to become a final four team...and this can happen again in berkeley

but don't believe the jaylen brown wrote a paper the nite before explanation, he's just playing you...jb is branding himself (with my encouragement) as an "intellectual" that plays chess, a student of philosophy, writes 35 page upper division papers and takes classes/a guest speaker at harvard which is gonna pay big dividends in his aspirations to becomes a nba general manager & eventually a franchise owner in the national basketball league

yeah when it comes to t-wall you gotta love it hate it

the magic of cal basketball (outside of the louvre)#

Can't wait to hear the full story that "cannot be told at this time". And I'm not going anywhere. Can wait as long as it takes. I'm playing the Cal Fan Long Game.
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/BOTs5_CAt5s
big c, the monster never thought he was gonna go nowhere either too once back in the day

off to the races (demand the ******* ball, ivhuun)#

Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/BsjbzYxBlDq
wednesday football press conference:

shocky: how much azz do you think latino superstar fernando mendoza from brickell avenue gonna get in berkeley given that he dated camila cabello in high school?

billy m: really think all the quarterbacks are working hard on their games to make sure there's no meat left on that bone and am expecting big things from all of them in the future

shocky: billy m, why don't you got good hair?

kyle mccrae: ok, don't see any more questions so guess we'll just end this here, know that coach musgrave gotta get back to game prep work for colorado so thanks everyone, talk to all of you next time

ay caramba shocky, calla tu bocota#

Shocky1

as i fly to nyc to visit my daughter taylor during the bears spring break, now is a good time to tell you about the worst thing i ever did in berkeley

this isn't gonna be a pretty story

so i wrote a paper for bibliography 128, children's literature, and in rereading it felt it was a technically sound paper but that it lacked interest for the reader...so i totally fabricated & included the following opening paragraph:

"I must confess that I was made uneasy to see Anne Franks's The Diary of a Young Girl on the reading list for this class. Seeing the title on the list raised several burning questions in my mind. Why had I never read this famous book? Why had my father (after a heated and lengthy debate with my mother behind closed doors) removed this work off my bookshelf as a child? It seemed to me that the answers to these questions were somehow linked to my now deceased grandfather. Although my parents never talk about him, I remembered from various bits of information pieced together that Grandpa was a figure of dubious distinction in Hitler's brass during WWII. So I was forced to think. Why were my parents, particularly my father, so reluctant to talk about my grandfather? Could the answers to my grandfather's cloudy role in Germany during WWII be found in The Diary of a Young Girl which was so mysteriously taken off my bookshelf as a child?''

and i also rewrote the following closing paragraph:

"But despite her difficult and sometimes cruel life, Anne Frank did not feel sorry for herself and she never gave up. This is a worthwhile message for both adults and children alike. All in all, The Diary of a Young Girl is a sensitive, well written, and compelling self-portrait of a brave and spirited young girl, that at least for me, will always hold a special place on my bookshelf."

absolutely none of this is true...although i got a german last name in schulz, nobody in my family has ever had any connections with any racist groups...i grew up in a culturally mixed family that celebrates individuality & diversity, i'm a ******* mutt

so what did my teachers say in grading the paper?

the professor: "This a fine review, not only perceptive in its commentary but in itself very well written. I hope you will keep on writing, perhaps professionally? A+"

the teaching assistant: "Your paper was very perceptive and moving because the book had a great impact on you. Though you did not generalize about non-fiction, you approached this particular book in a sensitive and understanding way. Thank you for sharing this highly personal and emotional reaction-it was very important for me personally as an Isreali jew, well versed in the literature of the holocaust, to read your reaction to the subject. The book has made you think, grow up, seek further information, and if it has instilled in you the determination not to let the horrible and shameful history repeat itself, then it has served the purpose Anne's father had when he published her diary. A+"

i'm a flawed person but i know i need to set the record straight even if it means that i'm gonna flunk the class so i go to the ta's office hours

i walk in the door & i'm blown away...aubrey (mid to late 20s) is the cutest girl on planet earth (petite & curvy brunette yoga female with sparkling eyes & a dazzling smile) & we talk/laugh for about an hour about our favorite authors, recent concerts & the personalities of doggys...but i never tell her my paper is full of ****, i can't stand the thought of her hating me so quickly

so i ask her if she would like to go bike riding with me at muir woods & stinson beach that weekend (with the idea that i would tell her the truth & also see her in a bikini) & she tells me she would love to go out with me but that the university code of professional standards does not allow teachers to date students

i don't give up that easily so i suggest we bring our doggys, surely there can be no policy against our doggys hanging out together, right?

https://instagr.am/p/BxSgywLBG5x
she looks at me with sad eyes & tells me "this isn't going to happen, it can't happen" and we say our goodbyes

fast forward to a couple of summers ago & i take my daughters shay & taylor to anne frank's house in amsterdam...i write & leave a note to both anne frank & the teacher's assistant apologizing for my actions

you every do anything worser in berkeley?

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1

wrestling & 4.0 gpas matter#
Shocky1

6'7" 330 lbs true student athlete kaydn proctor is offered, current iowa commit for the #3 ranked tackle in the 2023 class

sales pitch: day 1 starter at tackle (maybe flip ben back to guard) at the #3 ranked university in the world & free tixs to ride ur bike across the golden gate bridge with a curvy brunette yoga female with verde ojos or something

the university of california, berkeley=#3 ranked university in the united states of america (including its territories such as ibiza and des moines and so forth)
Econ141
Shocky1 said:

6'7" 330 lbs true student athlete kaydn proctor is offered, current iowa commit for the #3 ranked tackle in the 2023 class

sales pitch: day 1 starter at tackle (maybe flip ben back to guard) at the #3 ranked university in the world & free tixs to ride ur bike across the golden gate bridge with a curvy brunette yoga female with verde ojos or something

the university of california, berkeley=#3 ranked university in the united states of america (including its territories such as ibiza and des moines and so forth)

You forgot in your sales pitch "... And block for the #1 2023 running back and Heisman hopeful Jaydn Ott!"
eastcoastcal
Shocky1 said:

This offer was made late, and with him already committed to Iowa-- do the staff feel he wants to come here? Can't see why else we'd make an offer if we didn't feel like there was some traction
Shocky1
fat_slice said:

You forgot in your sales pitch "... And block for the #1 2023 running back and Heisman hopeful Jaydn Ott!"
yeah fellow poly bad azz jaydn is kinda special, he got good hair & vertical airspace skills

it's a bird, it's a plane, no it's ******* nott#
Shocky1
question: what do u call 100+ old as **** mostly white guys talkings to themselves in an insular secret society that isn't creating energy or growing new fans for the cal football program?

answer: bear insider premium

shut up, shocky#
Shocky1
jeff, despite the 5 minute fake interviews by the cal athletic department administration including jim knowlton, travis decuire would still love to be the head basketball coach at the university of california, berkeley...knowlton was locked in on the search firm's preferred candidate, fox was someone that the ad felt very comfortable around but not asking the question if the players & their families (the nba is 73.9% black players) would also relate/respect the guy...the best player (who were black & not international students) each of the last 2 years leaving berkeley with unused eligibility kinda answers that question

jaylen brown told me he tried to explain the benefits of a black father figure/mentor (many black high school prospects don't got dads...jaylen, ivan & t-wall all got nobody, moms doing all they can do to fill the void) to jim knowlton at a football game last season but he didn't feel jim really understood what the **** he was talking about

mark fox's primary attribute is his survival savvy is making a litany of excuses & managing his career upwards with a very small cloistered group including the athletic director & oligopolists like randy & david

so knowlton extended a head coach another from 2024 to 2025 whose got the oldest coaching staff in d1 basketball at 200 years...and the renewals of season tixs at haas continue to decline & the engagement with potential new fans is nearly non existent...and of course the development office never contacts former floor seat donors asking them if they would like to maybe go to a game or two & reengage their passion for the magic of cal basketball

this is cal basketball (right now but it don't gotta be this way)#

Shocky1

2024 6'6" 270 lbs fox crader (best name ever) a mobile high twitch offensive tackle from evergreen high school in vancouver, washington got an offer from the staff

fox is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.6 gpa

the university of california, berkeley=#3 ranked university in the united states (including the drizzly azz northwest)
Big C
Shocky1 said:

question: what do u call 100+ old as **** mostly white guys talkings to themselves in an insular secret society that isn't creating energy or growing new fans for the cal football program?

answer: bear insider premium

shut up, shocky#

Hey, I resemble that remark!
Shocky1

the world according to mikey (and coach wilcox is just living in it)#
Shocky1
cal's monster offensive line recruting update:

2023 6'6" 280 lbs offensive tackle noah gardener from lovejoy high school in lucas, texas (close to the new pga tour home office in plano which is growing in the new gil hanse course that will host future pga championships) got a conditional offer from coach mcclure

gardener earned 1st team all district honors last season & got the necessary athleticism to engage defenders & seal the edge (something that isn't happening right now in berkeley)...he runs well & it's not surprising that he's diluted some potential recruiting interest by also playing tight end like incoming grayshirt eric morrow, in today's college football game mobility with tackles is everything

noah is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.7 gpa

gardner committed to tulane which got lots of brutally hot summer weather & polluted/toxic lakes with dead fish (not exactly the san francisco bay) in mid august but has not shut down his recruitment, he visited florida state last week

the university of california, berkeley=#3 ranked university in the united states of america (including collin county)

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/B8FaO5vHD-f

congrats to benji, marshall & the entire cal football staff is assembling thus far a very strong 10 player 2023 class of true student athletes in what will be a very limited space available scholly class

zurich ashford (3.62 gpa), defensive end
ben marshall (3.5 gpa), tight end
ryan mcculloch (4.1 gpa), edge defender
tiumalu afalava (4.1 gpa), defensive end
cade uluave (3.85 gpa), outside linebacker
sailasa vadrawale (3.46 gpa), cornerback
nyziah hunter (3.0+ gpa), wide receiver
nick morrow (3.7 gpa), offensive tackle (grayshirt, will arrive in january)
ethan baxter (strong australian student), punter (already on roster, will take sheahan's scholly in january)
michael luckhurst (4.37 gpa), kicker (already on roster as walk on, will take longhetto's scholly in january)

the university of california, berkeley=#3 ranked university in the united states of america

2023 recruiting class update: all of the above 10 true student athletes are ready to compete both on the football field & also in the classrooms of berkeley

this is an intentionally very limited size class as there are only 3 scholly seniors that will have exhausted their collegiate eligibility after this season: daniel scott, james sheahan & odua isibor

nobody gonna tell you this (sorry to the premium subscribers of the 3 sites) but none of the prospective silver bullet academic prospects (sub 3.0 gpa guys that undergo an exhaustive admissions process including an in person interview re: academic ambition) such as former cal commit ashton sanders, jaedon moore, cameron "the chef" collins, roman rashada, etc. have been successful recruitments in this cycle

basketball rankings of high school prospects tend to be generally accurate as the top 100 prospects during the cal's monster class era of basketball excellence under coach montgomery & coach martin compete against each on the same court during the summertime aau hoops circuit...evaluating player's skillsets & potential upside can be discerned when guys are battling against one another

on the other hand football recruiting with its stars & so forth tends to be kinda worthless as elite prospects seldom compete on the same field as one another (an exception was this friday's bosco vs mater dei battle with cal defensive back coaches brown & watson on the sidelines)...so shocks would rather receive a 15% discount coupon from the el monte spinal & taquito institute than a rankings list with arbitrary stars made up by some out of shape white guys that never coached in high school/college/the national football league...yeah them el monte latina nurses are very friendly if you got your blue cross/blue shield medical card or something

coach sirmon's primary goals for the 2022 & current 2023 classes has been twofold:

1) apex predator edge defenders that violently attack quarterbacks/running backs behind the line of scrimmage (that didn't happen in the losses to notre dame & washington state)...hopefully odua isibor is gonna be ready to **** somebody up in boulder next weekend & the x man gotta use his superior wingspan to play with a much more evan weaver kinda relentless motor...underrated miles jernigan is the bears most effective edge defender right now, coach so'oto gotta expect a lot more out his room

2) cornerbacks with greater height & length: the bears starting 3 cover guys are all talented but also under 5'10" with modest weight...the emergence of true freshman 6'2" +1 athlete jeremiah earby has been huge, he's got a nearly limited upside with an innate sense of playing the ball for interceptions...the takers gotta do a lot more this 2nd half of the season for this team to reach its goals

so who is the shockster's #1 pick among the above 10 2023 bears to be the next sioape vatikani (the monster has stated since february at a rivals site that my fellow poly bad azz would arrive in berkeley as already arguably the strongest players in the program & also a true freshman starter at guard) that don't gotta lotta stars?

that would be apex predator edge defender zurich ashford if the 4.64 electronically timed 40 is accurate, that's literally 1st round nfl speed
Econ141
Shocky - is Angus the man for the job?
Shocky1
bear slice, unequivocally yes, the depth issues challenging the offensive line (upon which hinges the 2022 season and realistically the 2023 season too) are primarily due to coach wilcox's dumb azz decision to hire his burnt out friend steve greatwood who was more interested in talking to his grandkids in bend than prospective future california golden bears offensive lineman which has resulted in only ben & cindo as veteran rocks when there should be half a dozen guys with that kinda development in the o-line room

but justin also got make room for superstar (and future cal head coach sometime in the distant future) mike saffell but the monster is not gonna discuss the possible staff realignments in play to make this happen...college recruiting in both football & basketball (mark fox got the oldest staff in college basketball at 200 years) is best not done by old white guys (that's why marshall is now the lead recruiter on all quarterback recruting with billy m riding shotgun, gotta give geep huge props for closing on uber talented soft hands ben marshall) & coach wilcox has done a great job of recognizing this new reality & adaptively (unlike the stubborn as **** unlikeable fox) assigning more recruiting responsibilities to guys under 30

forever young (at modern yoga yesterday is not leaking thru the roof)#
6956bear
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/B8FaO5vHD-f

congrats to benji, marshall & the entire cal football staff is assembling thus far a very strong 10 player 2023 class of true student athletes in what will be a very limited space available scholly class

zurich ashford (3.62 gpa), defensive end
ben marshall (3.5 gpa), tight end
ryan mcculloch (4.1 gpa), edge defender
tiumalu afalava (4.1 gpa), defensive end
cade uluave (3.85 gpa), outside linebacker
sailasa vadrawale (3.46 gpa), cornerback
nyziah hunter (3.0+ gpa), wide receiver
nick morrow (3.7 gpa), offensive tackle (grayshirt, will arrive in january)
ethan baxter (strong australian student), punter (already on roster, will take sheahan's scholly in january)
michael luckhurst (4.37 gpa), kicker (already on roster as walk on, will take longhetto's scholly in january)

the university of california, berkeley=#3 ranked university in the united states of america

2023 recruiting class update: all of the above 10 true student athletes are ready to compete both on the football field & also in the classrooms of berkeley

this is an intentionally very limited size class as there are only 3 scholly seniors that will have exhausted their collegiate eligibility after this season: daniel scott, james sheahan & odua isibor

nobody gonna tell you this (sorry to the premium subscribers of the 3 sites) but none of the prospective silver bullet academic prospects (sub 3.0 gpa guys that undergo an exhaustive admissions process including an in person interview re: academic ambition) such as former cal commit ashton sanders, jaedon moore, cameron "the chef" collins, roman rashada, etc. have been successful recruitments in this cycle

basketball rankings of high school prospects tend to be generally accurate as the top 100 prospects during the cal's monster class era of basketball excellence under coach montgomery & coach martin compete against each on the same court during the summertime aau hoops circuit...evaluating player's skillsets & potential upside can be discerned when guys are battling against one another

on the other hand football recruiting with its stars & so forth tends to be kinda worthless as elite prospects seldom compete on the same field as one another (an exception was this friday's bosco vs mater dei battle with cal defensive back coaches brown & watson on the sidelines)...so shocks would rather receive a 15% discount coupon from the el monte spinal & taquito institute than a rankings list with arbitrary stars made up by some out of shape white guys that never coached in high school/college/the national football league...yeah them el monte latina nurses are very friendly if you got your blue cross/blue shield medical card or something

coach sirmon's primary goals for the 2022 & current 2023 classes has been twofold:

1) apex predator edge defenders that violently attack quarterbacks/running backs behind the line of scrimmage (that didn't happen in the losses to notre dame & washington state)...hopefully odua isibor is gonna be ready to **** somebody up in boulder next weekend & the x man gotta use his superior wingspan to play with a much more evan weaver kinda relentless motor...underrated miles jernigan is the bears most effective edge defender right now, coach so'oto gotta expect a lot more out his room

2) cornerbacks with greater height & length: the bears starting 3 cover guys are all talented but also under 5'10" with modest weight...the emergence of true freshman 6'2" +1 athlete jeremiah earby has been huge, he's got a nearly limited upside with an innate sense of playing the ball for interceptions...the takers gotta do a lot more this 2nd half of the season for this team to reach its goals

so who is the shockster's #1 pick among the above 10 2023 bears to be the next sioape vatikani (the monster has stated since february at a rivals site that my fellow poly bad azz would arrive in berkeley as already arguably the strongest players in the program & also a true freshman starter at guard) that don't gotta lotta stars?

that would be apex predator edge defender zurich ashford if the 4.64 electronically timed 40 is accurate, that's literally 1st round nfl speed
While there is little doubt that the star system of rating football players has flaws, what is not in dispute is that the teams that do score highest within that system on LOI day tend to dominate college football on gameday. I agree there are a lot of mistakes made in that system, but in the aggregate those teams that do well win way more often on Saturday.

So until I see Cal play better with all these 3 star players you seem to believe in I will take the scouts POV over yours. If Cal has evaluated well then that is even a greater indictment of the coaching.

Cal has admission standards that make recruiting the elite prospect with sub 3.0gpa's next to impossible. And even more so in this NIL world. So player development becomes even more crucial. The current offensive staff has shown almost no ability to coach up the offensive players. Your praise for McClure is hard to understand. The OL has been the least effective unit on the team and has zero commits this cycle. The staff has extended over 30 offers on the OL. I do understand that not all were committable when given, but zero is hard to defend.

Cal is trending the wrong direction on a program basis. Poor on field performance, poor recruiting and no buzz around the program. Billy M. and Angus are right in the thick of it.

You point out the edge defenders attacking QBs and RBs behind the LOS as a goal. When exactly are we going to see that? It has absent most of the season. Not just aginst WSU and ND. Odua Isibor is somebody you are praising above, yet were against bringing in when he was rumored this Summer. You said he was soft and unaggressive. Now you expect him to play a key role. Carlton (X Man) has been ok. Lets see Henry Ikahihifo and Myles Williams take some snaps.

In the offseason Cal needs to retool the offensive staff and schemes. Get active in the portal and use NIL to retain as many of their players as possible. What Wilcox has gone all in on is not working.
eastcoastcal
agreed that the pressure has been disappointing, seems worse than last year but I thought our transfers were supposed to be great
Shocky1
6956, agree with most of what you say, the point being made with respects to the kinda worthless nature of football stars is that the cal coaching staff evaluations (which includes gpas & academic ambition which are totally ignored in the rankings process but not in the classrooms of berkeley) are significantly more valid than a bunch of internet old white guys making up **** on their sofas re: high schoolers the majority of whom they've never seen play in person except on grainy zaprduer videos of footage from behind the the grassy knoll & then ranking them

eastcoatcal, look at the post above of the 10 current 2023 scholly commits, plz notice how many of them could potentially play as edge apex predators (with another prospect 3,6 gpa frederick williams iii scheduled to officially visit berkeley on october 22nd along with his junipero serra teammate cornerback/track star rodrick pleasant) which tells you a lot re: the staff's plan/emphasis upon violent speed off the edge...agreed the current guys need to step it up in boulder againsta lousy buffs o-line that hasn't blocked nobody this season
Shocky1
6956, your comment that there are no offensive line commitments in the 2023 class is inaccurate, grayshirt athletic eric morrow will be arriving from flagstaff to berkeley in january as an incoming scholly recruit...it also fails to recognize the 15 minute commitments of tobias raymond and amos talalele who flipped to usc due to family financial considerations

sorry, the bearinsider 2023 scholly commitment list is off by 3
Shocky1
6956, with respects to recruiting, coach mcclure & current graduate assistant mike saffell in the last cycle brought to berkeley the best offensive lineman that has signed with the bears during the last decade in sioape vatikani (who is close friends with walk on malcolm mcclure, angus departing would be like tryna push sioape into the portal), the current starting right tackle tj session, the 1st game starting right guard spencer lovell, huge upside offensive tackle jackson brown & promising but currently injured/blueshirting trent ramsey

name a better 2022 offensive line class in the pac 12?

eastcoastcal
Shocky1 said:

6956, with respects to recruiting, coach mcclure & current graduate assistant mike saffell in the last cycle brought to berkeley the best offensive lineman that has signed with the bears during the last decade in sioape vatikani (who is close friends with walk on malcolm mcclure, angus departing would be like tryna push sioape into the portal), the current starting right tackle tj session, the 1st game starting right guard spencer lovell, huge upside offensive tackle jackson brown & promising but currently injured/blueshirting trent ramsey

name a better 2022 offensive line class in the pac 12?

happy with vatikani and excited for ramsey and brown. but feel like lovell & session have been massive disappointments

hope pleasant and williams like their visit. i think crucial offseason move will be getting some monsters for the OL from the portal

monster OL: Coleman, Vatikani, ?, ?, ?

also does kadyn proctor have real interest? committed to Iowa but if he expressed interest while committed feel like there has to be some potential there. he is a real monster
First Page Last Page
Page 6 of 285

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.