cal's monster offensive line

1,670,989 Views | 10480 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

exclusive cal's monster offensive line announcement: nick morrow is a renaissance man

flagstaff high school head football coach nick manning told me mid summer that morrow currently weighs 265 lbs, he's gotta continue his s&c development to reach the necessary 300+ lbs that is necessary to be an effective tackle for them california golden bears...he got the frame to carry 325+ lbs

more importantly nick is a true renaissance man:

*****nick got a 3.7 gpa & reads friedrich nietzsche along with forbes magazine on a regular basis

*****as a quick twitch 6'8" hooper for them eagles, morrow got the necessary athleticism to play in space at tackle against opposing apex predator edge defenders

*****volunteering part time at the lowell observatory nick has discovered 3 previously undiscovered planets including a gaseous one next to uranus

*****morrow is credited with flying an uber helicopter & saving 17 stranded visitors from the netherlands that wuz stranded on a crevice overlooking the grand caynon

*****nick is very musically talented too, he often performs under the stage name machine gun kelly

my daughter taylor is often tole she look megan fox (or madison beer) who is living with matching gun kelly, does that mean nick is gonna be my son in law someday?

https://instagr.am/p/Ci7_-Q9pr3G
yeah nick morrow is truly a renaissance man

the magic of cal football#

the university of california, berkeley=#2 ranked university in the united states of america (including its territories such as ibiza & coconino county and so forth)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
how fast is nick morrow?

his flagstaff high offensive coordinator from last season just told me that nick ran "a legit 4.7 40" last year & that "at 6'8" he definitely got the frame to carry 300+ lbs"
cal's monster offensive line updates:

nick morrow now weighs 280 lbs on his 6'8" frame, he's got more footspeed than any other tackle in coach bloesch's o-line room, watching the flagstaff high develop is gonna be fun

ryan lange wuz nowhere to be seen when shocky wuz on the field pregame during the last couple of home games at memorial stadium, he's now officially gone from the football program as an early retirement
oski003
Are we purposely getting football players with basketball backgrounds so we can improve both teams at once? :P
Shocky1
oski003 said:

Are we purposely getting football players with basketball backgrounds so we can improve both teams at once? :P
mm got the physical tools to play basketball for the bears but my hope is that quis is gonna be 100% focused on his wide receiver skills development & academic progress towards a degree during his time in berkeley
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

who is gonna be crowned the myles jernigan (2022 winner) championship trophy for the most improved 2023 defensive player that is currently under the radar?

that's gonna be 6'2" 210 lbs hard hitting safety #31 hunter barth from chandler arizona (played at queen creek high school) who got 3 years of eligibility remaining after playing special teams this season & earning all district academic honors

hunter's cheerful moms juleen (a nurse, dad mike is a judge) told me after the ucla game that her academically focused son is seeking admission into the haas/spieker biz school & that he conscientiously cleans up after his roommates at their house

barth got the ideal safety role model/mentor in roommate daniel scott (85 total tackles, 57 solo & 3 interceptions) who is gonna get paid in the national football league

craig woodson (52 total tackles, 22 solo & 2 interceptions) got one safety starting job locked up for 2023 so barth is gonna be competing with raymond woodie (9 total tackles) for the other starting slot

miles williams (who could potentially slide to safety too) is the runner up for the coveted myles jernigan championship trophy but was not considered since he's already broken out with his stellar aggressive play in the last couple of games during the 2022 season

yeah hunter barth is not a dumb azz & he's definitely not a messy azz either

https://instagr.am/p/ClZXdZRyZ8I
the university of california, berkeley=#2 ranked university in the united states of america (including the 9th green at ocotillo & the chandler fashion square mall)
major california golden bears football program position change:

huge upside & smart as **** hunter barth is moving to inside linebacker for spring ball, unlike femi last season who wuz often lost in space tryna guard receivers the now 6'2" 215 lbs barth is gonna excell in pass coverage
Shocky1

current heights & weights for cal's monster offensive line:

matthew "unbreakable" cindric, 6'4" 300 lbs
brian "the felon" driscoll, 6'4" 320 lbs
sioape "poly bad azz" vatikani, 6'3" 330 lbs
brayden "5 meals a day" rohme, 6'6" 290 lbs
tj "cali sunshine" session, 6'4" 300 lbs
bastian "interlachen" swinney, 6'6" 310 lbs
everett "bigfoot" johnson, 6'7" 300 lbs
ender "que pasa?" aguilar, 6'5" 295 lbs
jackson "late for the sky" brown, 6'6" 305 lbs
trent "4 fingers" ramsey, 6'5" 295 lbs
dylan "the brainiac" jemtegaard, 6'4" 295 lbs
nick "4 peaks" morrow, 6'8" 280 lbs
martin "it's about" tine, 6'7" 335 lbs

this is 13 current schollys in the o-line room, last season it wuz 14 schollys but it's hopefully gonna be rightsized to 15 for the 2023 season with the addition of another lineman from the portal when it reopens in may after spring balls nationwide & also the potential addition of incoming athlete 6'5" 265 lbs frederick williams iii
Shocky1

cal's monster offensive line walk ons:

colin "the canadian" hamilton, 6'7" 305 lbs
joshua "disneyland" stovall, 6'4" 290 lbs
dashaun "hollywood" harris, 6'2" 305 lbs
tyler "caldecott tunnel" murphy, 6'4" 275 lbs

colin moroney is retiring from football & focusing on the completion of his berkeley degree

no decision yet from big mac, stinson beach's finest surfer
southseasbear
Shocky1 said:

southseasbear said:

Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CeGCHkfLdHH
southseas, if you don't think it's sad as **** that chris street is gonna pass up a berkeley degree after 2 & a half years of study (he had the option of finishing his degree in 2024 & then entering the portal as a grad transfer with still 2 years of remaining eligibility), then your certainly entitled to your opinion but would suggest you don't make up fake azz scenarios where maybe a north alabama degree will help him become a football coach or something
The point is that you have no idea what he wants to do with his life and therefore are not in a position to judge him or his decision. Cal is not for everyone. I'm glad it was the perfect school for you, but other people have other priorities.

I wish him well.
southseas, chris street is still in the portal in no man's land & not enrolled anywhere as we head into february, do you still feel that passing up a free berkeley degree wuz the right decision?
First, I never said it was the "right" decision; I said it was his decision to make.

Second, without knowing his career plans, we are not in a position to evaluate his decision.

Third, it's only February 1, and therefore too soon to tell.
Fire Knowlton!
Fire Fox!
Put Wilcox in a hot seat!
Shocky1
ok, at what point then will you consider a 5'9" non nfl speed running back with no college offers walking away from a free degree after 2 and a half years of study from the #1 ranked public university in the world a mistake?
tequila4kapp
oski003 said:

Not likely.

IMO it is more likely the case that there are "types" of OL prospects. One of those types is guys who have the frame to play OL but who maybe have not played much OL in HS. The staff is projecting them as developmental guys. These guys need to add good weight AND have the athleticism to still move at that bigger weight. Guys who have played other sports like hoops have added athleticism (including footwork) and that probably increases the likelihood that they will have success as their bodies get bigger.
Shocky1

tequila, pretty sure special agent 003 is referring to marquise montgomery who definitely got the physical skills to play for the cal basketball team

but his beautiful poly moms (wearing the byu jacket that opens to a bright gold cal shirt in the announcement video above, her beaming once of a lifetime smile is priceless) is not sending her son to berkeley to leave without a degree, getting acclimated to classwork along with the time demands of the football program should be the 1st priority, hooping with the bears should be revisited once both of those foundational blocks are solidly in place

ohana (no student athletes are left behind in berkeley)#
KoreAmBear
Shocky1 said:

ok, at what point then will you consider a 5'9" non nfl speed running back with no college offers walking away from a free degree after 2 and a half years of study from the #1 ranked public university in the world a mistake?
First of all I am surprised he hasn't gotten an offer that is attractive to him. I thought he provided great north-south running value, as a changeup to Ott's shiftiness. The ND game where he was in for the drive we just ran it down their throats was a prime example.

Second, no one is arguing that on paper it's generally a bad idea to lose your status as a student and potential for a degree from the #2 university in the world. But it has nothing to do with what someone's individual dreams and motives are. Like in Hamilton, taking your shot means something different for everyone, and that is the beauty of even the Founding Fathers' individualism on pursuing your dreams. Yes, reality sucks, but regrets and what ifs do as well. As observers from our computers removed from the individual situation, it is easy for us to say what is "right" but the calculus considering the person and his family's life situation, is far more complicated and not for me to really assess (although it is fun to do on a sports message board).

That said, let's get more hogs Shocky!
Jeff82
Shocky1 said:

Jeff82 said:

I thought the fact that they drove is odd. Did Lacey and Cam fly? San Diego to Scottsdale is a haul. Presume they stopped for a good meal in Palm Springs or thereabouts.

jeff (will send you a pm with some additional details), walking all 18 holes with max's dad john homa (now divorced from max's moms) last thursday the family couldn't afford a country club so max grew up (except for a brief membership at valencia country club) playing the local public courses with his neighborhood friends including zz top lookalike caddie joe greiner

so that's why those late night car drives (they left san diego on the 6 hour journey after 8:00 pm with the trophy in the back seat) are special times to talk about dreams & life's mysterious paths (it's not cuz there are any open restaurants in the palm desert)...that's captured in the video above which is produced by max's close friend musician just mike

and i totally get that, the monster loves late nite topless (plus the roof down) car drives with the music blaring which heading toward a future we can never really see

yeah max talks about one of the coolest (happiest) moments of his life wuz just sitting in a completely empty riviera parking lot after everybody cleared out after his epic playoff victory at the la open, just him & joe soaking in the evening together while reminiscing about their childhood dreams as hood rats when attending the la open & realizing how far they've come together

r dreams in life r not for sale (late nite roadtrip, let's talk)#
That all makes sense. I just thought it was odd that they drove given that the wife and child were with him. But I guess that's another example of why Max views Lacey as a superhero. She clearly gives him the space he needs to do the things that help him be a star golfer, as well as a great dad. More power to them.
concernedparent
KoreAmBear said:

Shocky1 said:

First of all I am surprised he hasn't gotten an offer that is attractive to him. I thought he provided great north-south running value, as a changeup to Ott's shiftiness. The ND game where he was in for the drive we just ran it down their throats was a prime example.

Second, no one is arguing that on paper it's generally a bad idea to lose your status as a student and potential for a degree from the #2 university in the world. But it has nothing to do with what someone's individual dreams and motives are. Like in Hamilton, taking your shot means something different for everyone, and that is the beauty of even the Founding Fathers' individualism on pursuing your dreams. Yes, reality sucks, but regrets and what ifs do as well. As observers from our computers removed from the individual situation, it is easy for us to say what is "right" but the calculus considering the person and his family's life situation, is far more complicated and not for me to really assess (although it is fun to do on a sports message board).

He didn't play at all last season. He's been injured.
NVBear78
KoreAmBear said:

Shocky1 said:

KAB, at Notre Dame it was Brooks who spelled Ott. If I am remembering correctly Brooks was a grad transfer so he got his Cal degree.

The last I recall Street playing much was against Stanfurd in 2021 when we ran all over them. Hate to say it but Street reminds me of our RB's from the Theder and Kapp years........small, slow and not quick.
Shocky1

coach wilcox's comments re: cal's monster offensive line

martin tine: "really big frame and can move"

recruiting: "would not be surprising to add another name or two heading into summer"

offensive line feet: "you don't see a lot of good offensive linemen that don't got good feet"

nick morrow: "an interesting story, came to some games last season, around 280-285 lb guy that looks skinny, he has some things you can't coach"

bastian swinney: "been dinged up since he's been here, really important for him to have a solid spring ball"

the tine is now (in coach bloesch & coach saffell we trust)#
KoreAmBear
NVBear78 said:

KoreAmBear said:

Shocky1 said:

KAB, at Notre Dame it was Brooks who spelled Ott. If I am remembering correctly Brooks was a grad transfer so he got his Cal degree.

The last I recall Street playing much was against Stanfurd in 2021 when we ran all over them. Hate to say it but Street reminds me of our RB's from the Theder and Kapp years........small, slow and not quick.
Oh crap my bad. I got Street and Brooks mixed up.
SBGold
NVBear78 said:

KoreAmBear said:

Shocky1 said:

DeCarlos Brooks? Yes, I think we could have used him a bit more
Oski87
Big C said:

Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

JB was a Chieftain said:

What is the 7 step plan when you are named AD shocky? I want to know how Cal can be saved

jb, the following 7 step plan will be completed by future athletic director andrew mcgraw during his first 30 days in office after jk is walked to his car:

1) burn all of the con artist's hockey photos/signed trading cards and fake architectural renderings of his proposed $125,000,000+ quidditch facility in the dumpster behind haas

2) cut the following men's sports thereby creating the necessary male athlete count reductions to facilitate a comparable number (135 slots) of female reductions in compliance with title ix to rightsize knowlton's current empire of 30+ teams that are financially unsustainable:

men's rugby (58 roster slots): advise bully jack clark the rugby program will move forward as a club sport

baseball (36 roster slots): advise stu gordon why this needs to happen for the overall health of the athletic department & then repurpose evans diamond for greater university needs including expansion of rsf to ensure that the athletic needs of ALL berkeley students are met

soccer (28 roster slots): nobody gives a **** about this team

cross country (13 roster slots): currently an all white team that consistently loses to bay area division 3 schools, mark fox level of ineptitude

evaluate the termination of both track teams & the impact upon black student athletes gaining admissions opportunities to berkeley and the repurposing of edwards stadium

plz note that all affected student athletes will have their schollys honored thru graduation

3) terminate mark fox & advise doug goldman & the haas family that joe pasternak (who will hire theo robertson & richard midgely as assistant coaches along with an under 25 young black coach with major upside & lou richie as an academic/life analyst and andrew payne as the director of basketball operations) will be the next head coach and ask for their support in funding a much scaled back significantly less expensive men's & women's basketball only facility (bishop o'dowd just built a similar facility for $40,000,000) and also nil support for bears basketball players

4) terminate the employment of the following worthless bureaucrats:

teri mckeever: evil as **** she's gonna sue berkeley no matter what anyways

jennifer simon-o'neil: mckeever's enabler, runs the department's unsuccessful women's programs such as volleyball, basketball, field hockey, cross country, etc.

tom lowry: hired from the air force with an anti football bias

markeisha everrett: completely unqualified having never worked on the west coast or sold football/basketball tixs, abject failure to rightsize the 11 person communications dept to 2-3 staffers

5) set up advisory committees for football (shane vareen, jared goff, beastmode, cam jordan, etc.) & men's basketball (shareef abdur rahim, jason kidd, jaylen brown, lamond murray, etc.) to ensure both revenue producing teams receive the necessary funding for program excellence

6) make all football & men's basketball tickets free for students & gift them the best seats in the haas to ensure a future season tixs & major whale donor pipeline

7) appoint shocky as the recruiting/nutrition/movement director for the dance/cheer teams to ensure a solid team of curvy brunette yoga females with high gpas & tight azzs

https://instagr.am/p/B8FaO5vHD-f
the bears are off to the races (in cipriani's basement)#
eastcoastie, thx for sharing, this is fantastic news of the long overdue mckeever termination

there is still a lotta work to do in berkeley & literally nobody these days trusts the con artist to do the right thing

Wait, Bishop O'Dowd high school just spent 40 million dollars on a sports practice facility? Heck, even if it's a practice/performance facility, 40 million dollars?!?
ODowd bought the old reservoir above the campus which was damaged in 1989 earthquake and has sat empty since then. Steve Phelps (highlighted in the story) was an amazing fundraiser and all around good guy who learned at St Ignatius how to raise money. They also have started a middle school for kids in Oakland with potential which will feed into ODowd for free. The school gets 1600 applications for its 350 slots each year, so it is competitive. Parents want to give if they want the younger kids to get in!

The new gym is a great space for a high school - it has new weight and locker rooms below for football and hoops, and then on top of the gym there is a theatre. So it is three levels. You can see it from 580. I was full court pressed to donate there (my kids were just graduating in 2020 and 2017). Lots of Oakland hills families send their kids to ODowd.

The Cal gym would actually be very similar in terms of size. I expect that there would be more state building issues that would require additional costs. Plus you do not know if construction crews at ODowd took a lower cost and "donated" to get the cost down.
oskidunker
KoreAmBear said:

Shocky1 said:

Could he come back like Harris-Dyson?
Go Bears!
Shocky1

dunker, chris street's football scholly is gone so the smart move at this point would be to reenroll as quickly as possible & get student loans for his final year & a half of coursework to earn his berkeley degree as quickly as possible...coming from a single moms family, chris is probably also eligible for significant financial aid assistance too

anybody who don't think this is a sad story probably got the heart of a tin man
Shocky1

targeted pwo prospect kade millard commits to san jose state
Shocky1

the tine is now#
Bowlesman80
Welcome, Martin.
Go Bears!
"Just win, baby."
Bowlesman80
Shocky1 said:

dunker, chris street's football scholly is gone so the smart move at this point would be to reenroll as quickly as possible & get student loans for his final year & a half of coursework to earn his berkeley degree as quickly as possible...coming from a single moms family, chris is probably also eligible for significant financial aid assistance too

anybody who don't think this is a sad story probably got the heart of a tin man
He's still being offered at North Alabama.
"Just win, baby."
oskidunker
Walk on?
Go Bears!
Shocky1
Bowlesman80 said:

He's still being offered at North Alabama.
bowlesly, classes began at north alabama on january 9th & the last day to add class wuz january 13th, it's too late now in early february for any new students to enroll & participate in spring ball...the north alabama offer wuz likely a conditional one & not an actionable one
Shocky1
oskidunker said:

Walk on?
6th string?... that's not gonna happen
Shocky1

oski87, thx for sharing the "friendly persuasion" donation story to bishop o'dowd

yeah dragons r smart & don't take no when it comes to redecorating the courtyard patio furniture at restoration hardware

california state championships#
Shocky1

2023 california golden bears preferred walk ons:

the 2023 preferred walk on class has focused its targeting of bay area true student athletes with high gpas & significant athletic upside...right now there are 4 committed pwos with mac dorward still sorting thru his options including the ivy league

rj stephens, 6'2" 250 lbs, defensive line, sacred heart fightin' irish

brady weingart, 6'3" 205 lbs, quarterback, redwood giants (transferred from the stinson beach dumb azz shockys)

wesley brown, 6'4" 215 lbs, longsnapper, san mateo fightin' benjis

tyler murphy, 6'4" 275 lbs, offensive guard, acalanes dons

high priority prospect, still uncommitted
mac dorward (far left in foto), 6'5" 300 lbs, offensive lineman, marin catholic jerry goffs

50 year decisions (and friendships)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including its territories such as ibiza & so forth)
Shocky1
reason #489 why the con artist is the worst athletic director in the united states:

he won't expend athletic department funds to buy out the men's basketball head coach even tho it wuz his unilateral decision to extend his contract from 2024 to 2025 & is therefore tryna blackmail cal donors to give him the money or else (another cold empty season at haas, not everyone is as resilient as oligopolist califortunate & can turn a blind eye game after game) BUT he got enuf money to give teri mckeever a raise in 2022 even after the feedback from concerned women's swimmers & their families

tell the con artist that enuf is enuf#

Shocky1
Quote:

right now the bears got 27 scholly departures (with more on the way):

daniel scott, safety...out of eligibility
odua isibor, edge defender...out of eligiblity
jamieson sheahan, punter...out of eligilbity
braxton croteau, outside linebacker...medical retirement
ryan lange, guard...football retirement
kyle smith, inside linebacker...portal as grad transfer
ryan puskas, inside linebacker...portal as grad transfer
orin patu, edge defender...grad transfer to arizona
patrick histake, edge defender...portal to hawaii...no berkeley degree
henry ikahihifo, outside linebacker...portal to san jose state...no berkeley degree
femi oladejo, linebacker...portal to ucla...no berkeley degree
trey paster, linebacker...portal as grad transfer
ben coleman, guard...grad transfer to asu
spencer lovell, guard...grad transfer to kansas
nick alftin, tight end...portal as grad transfer
keleki latu, tight end...portal to nevada...no berkeley degree
jermaine terry, tight end...portal to oregon state...no berkeley degree
j michael sturdivant...portal to ucla...no berkeley degree
ashton hayes, running back...portal to nevada...no berkeley degree
chris street, running back...portal...no berkeley degree
damien moore, running back...portal to fresno state...no berkeley degree
decarlos brooks, running back...grad transfer portal to asu
slater zellers, longsnapper...grad transfer to asu
dario longhetto, kicker...grad transfer to asu
jack plummer, quarterback...grad transfer to louisville
kai milner, quarterback...portal to northern arizona...no berkeley degree
zach johnson, quarterback...portal as grad transfer

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CZXnegpPIQE
2023 california golden bears yucky blucky fruitcake class:

doechii, why don't you introduce the 2023 yucky blucky fruitcake signees to the class?

eastcoastcal, future whale donor (4.0 gpa)
david bird, longsnapper (4.0 gpa)

marquise montgomery, wide receiver (3.0+ gpa)
martin tine, offensive tackle (3.0+ gpa)
stanley mckenzie, nose tackle (3.3 gpa)
david reese, outside linebacker (3.7 gpa)
sam jackson v, quarterback (3.1 gpa)
brian hightower, wide receiver (3.2 gpa)
justin williams-thomas aka j-will, running back (4.0 gpa)
asher alberding, tight end (3.85 gpa)
jt byrne, tight end (3.75 gpa)
lachlan wilson, punter (strong student from australia)
byron caldwell, running back (3.3 gpa)
sergio allen, inside linebacker (3.4 gpa)
matt littlejohn, defensive back (3.0+ gpa)
javian "the jet" thomas, running back (3.4 gpa)
nohl williams, defensive back (3.61 gpa)
kaylin moore, defensive back (3.4 gpa)
frederick williams iii, athlete (3.6 gpa)
zurich ashford, defensive end (3.62 gpa)
ben marshall, tight end (3.4 gpa)
ryan mcculloch, outside linebacker (4.1 gpa)
tiumalu afalava, defensive line (4.1 gpa)
cade uluave, inside linebacker (3.8 gpa)
sailasa vadrawale, defensive back (3.46 gpa)
nyziah hunter, wide receiver (3.0+ gpa)
nick morrow, offensive tackle (3.7 gpa)
michael luckhurst, kicker (4.37 gpa)

all 27 of these 2023 scholly recipients are beating the statistics, **** the opinions and all the logisitics

wow, that was quite the introduction, doechii, we're gonna have to talk after class

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

don't forget to take the chicken out#

Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CT5o4LRrc7P

scholly math:

27 departures & 27 new scholly additions for the 2023 california golden bear football program

yeah t-rex can't do a headstand but he can do the math

equilibrium#
Shocky1

the monster's wild azz guess is that the player (unless ur a tv media communications major & don't know how to read books unless they be on a teleprompter or something) most likely to enter the portal when it reopens in may & then takes the california golden bears g-5 (no commercial flights) from westwood to berkeley is gonna be ucla quarterback justyn martin

it's all family (#2 ranked public university in the world to the #1 ranked public university in the world via monaco & saint tropez)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

2023 california golden bears preferred walk ons:

the 2023 preferred walk on class has focused its targeting of bay area true student athletes with high gpas & significant athletic upside...right now there are 4 committed pwos with mac dorward still sorting thru his options including the ivy league

rj stephens, 6'2" 250 lbs, defensive line, sacred heart fightin' irish

brady weingart, 6'3" 205 lbs, quarterback, redwood giants (transferred from the stinson beach dumb azz shockys)

wesley brown, 6'4" 215 lbs, longsnapper, san mateo fightin' benjis

tyler murphy, 6'4" 275 lbs, offensive guard, acalanes dons

high priority prospect, still uncommitted
mac dorward (far left in foto), 6'5" 300 lbs, offensive lineman, marin catholic jerry goffs

50 year decisions (and friendships)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including its territories such as ibiza & so forth)
mateen bhaghani, 5'11" 145 lbs, kicker, del norte nighthawks (san diego)

another one#
First Page Last Page
Page 67 of 300

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.