cal's monster offensive line

1,818,857 Views | 11117 Replies | Last: 55 min ago by Shocky1
eastcoastcal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He's a beast! Hopefully he and I will see each other in Haas classes next year. He told me he hears back in June so fingers crossed!
SBGold
Sebastabear said:

Had a terrific conversation with Fernando's mom and dad at the spring game. They talked a lot about how much he loves Berkeley and I talked (a lot) about how much we love Fernando. Our QB's have been a bit on the quiet side since Davis Webb, and even he wasn't really here long enough to totally bind the room to him (usually more than a single season project). Fernando definitely has "it." A great leader. Think he'll really develop into a good one for us.
I chatted Fernando on the field after the Stanfurd win and got a couple pics with him with my kid. We thanked him for the win and he said "Of course, Chop Chop."

I thought it was a pretty cool response. He seems to love the fans btw from what I saw on the field, it was like he was looking to have conversations with everyone (which isn't how all the players are).
Oski87
He definitely seems like a people person. Future Senator.
Oakbear
Oski87 said:

He definitely seems like a people person. Future Senator.
you can already tell he is a crook???
Shocky1
eastcoastcal said:

He's a beast! Hopefully he and I will see each other in Haas classes next year. He told me he hears back in June so fingers crossed!
coastie, wut, r u changing ur field of study from silicon valley high tech science to the wolf of wall street hustle?

https://instagr.am/p/CrFYgQTNOmH

Shocky1
Sebastabear said:

Had a terrific conversation with Fernando's mom and dad at the spring game. They talked a lot about how much he loves Berkeley and I talked (a lot) about how much we love Fernando. Our QB's have been a bit on the quiet side since Davis Webb, and even he wasn't really here long enough to totally bind the room to him (usually more than a single season project). Fernando definitely has "it." A great leader. Think he'll really develop into a good one for us.
good stuff, always luv the cal family stories...nando's 2024 qb prospect bro alberto mendoza also made the trip to memorial stadium too

eastcoastcal
Shocky1 said:

eastcoastcal said:

coastie, wut, r u changing ur field of study from silicon valley high tech science to the wolf of wall street hustle?
only have a couple more eecs classes left to fulfill my requirements so figured I'd take some business classes for my last two years. your advice to learn how to read financial statements led me to taking my first Haas class & I liked it so i'll be back for more next year... gotta start stacking $ so I can become our next whale donor
WalterSobchak
eastcoastcal said:

Shocky1 said:

eastcoastcal said:

only have a couple more eecs classes left to fulfill my requirements so figured I'd take some business classes for my last two years. your advice to learn how to read financial statements led me to taking my first Haas class & I liked it so i'll be back for more next year... gotta start stacking $ so I can become our next whale donor
EECS + Haas is a helluva a start! Go Bear!
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/calegendsdonate/donate-football/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 10% of alumni to give $300 per year. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear

Thanks for reading my sig! Please consider copying or adapting it and using it on all of your posts too. Go Bears!
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CkXEuf1pT8b
while sitting courtside in tempe with my golf buddy mr silverleaf sun angel last november, it wuz pretty obvious that jalen cone gotta lotta strawberry in his jam

https://instagr.am/p/CazwXLxsZ3g
Shocky1
Shocky1
Shocky1
Shocky1

the cali uncertified law firm of brown, watson & brown with the offer to 5'11" 180 lbs missouri cornerback marcus scott ii from conroe high school who took a medical redshirt this season as a true freshman, he got 4 years of eligibility

marcus is not a dumb azz, in addition to his numerous athletic achievements while in high school along with clocking 10.9 100m speed, he also wuz named 2nd team all state all academic team

this is bear territory, houston texas, yes sir

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (for those that are working to create generational wealth for their families both on the football & thru intellectual capitalisism)
NVBear78
eastcoastcal said:

Shocky1 said:

eastcoastcal said:

EastCoast-in my business I work with business owners every day and some of my clients have been engineers. As we all know there is the stereotypical engineer with the slide rule in his pocket and minimal people (and other) skills.

And then there is the Renaissance Man engineer who also has people skills plus and other abilities. In my experience these well rounded types of engineers absolutely kill it in real life.

In fact I have a long time client who is an engineer and a business owner and just so happens to be a Cal grad. He has killed it in his career building a successful company and selling it and now he has his own winery at his estate home located close by Shocky's future Yountville Yoga studio.

My money is on you being in this same category and Shocky is right-understanding your own income statement and balance sheet is crucial for entrepreneurs. The world is full of people who are great at building, inventing and making things but lousy at accounting for their costs who have tried and failed at running their own business....
eastcoastcal
WalterSobchak said:

eastcoastcal said:

Shocky1 said:

eastcoastcal said:

EECS + Haas is a helluva a start! Go Bear!
thank you, much appreciated! given how much time I dedicate to following our sports teams when they've been bad, my grades might REALLY drop if we start winning some games these next couple seasons!
eastcoastcal
NVBear78 said:

eastcoastcal said:

Shocky1 said:

eastcoastcal said:

EastCoast-in my business I work with business owners every day and some of my clients have been engineers. As we all know there is the stereotypical engineer with the slide rule in his pocket and minimal people (and other) skills.

And then there is the Renaissance Man engineer who also has people skills plus and other abilities. In my experience these well rounded types of engineers absolutely kill it in real life.

In fact I have a long time client who is an engineer and a business owner and just so happens to be a Cal grad. He has killed it in his career building a successful company and selling it and now he has his own winery at his estate home located close by Shocky's future Yountville Yoga studio.

My money is on you being in this same category and Shocky is right-understanding your own income statement and balance sheet is crucial for entrepreneurs. The world is full of people who are great at building, inventing and making things but lousy at accounting for their costs who have tried and failed at running their own business....
Thanks a ton for the advice & perspective NVbear. Seriously, much appreciated! you are completely right and my hope is to both be able to bring my technical acumen to the table while also having the accounting & people skills necessary. whether I actually have the personable skills... well you can ask Sebastabear if I came across as the slide-rule engineer type in just our 2 minute intro at the spring game haha

Thanks for the kind reply
89Bear
eastcoastcal said:

NVBear78 said:

eastcoastcal said:

Shocky1 said:

eastcoastcal said:

Thanks a ton for the advice & perspective NVbear. Seriously, much appreciated! you are completely right and my hope is to both be able to bring my technical acumen to the table while also having the accounting & people skills necessary. whether I actually have the personable skills... well you can ask Sebastabear if I came across as the slide-rule engineer type in just our 2 minute intro at the spring game haha

Whoa!!! You got to meet Shocky and now Sebasta???? That's on my bucket list!
NVBear78
89Bear said:

eastcoastcal said:

NVBear78 said:

eastcoastcal said:

Shocky1 said:

eastcoastcal said:

Whoa!!! You got to meet Shocky and now Sebasta???? That's on my bucket list!

Dare I say i am also in that select group…
Big C
eastcoastcal said:

NVBear78 said:

eastcoastcal said:

Shocky1 said:

eastcoastcal said:

I thought I would add: There will absolutely always be a place in the world for those who study the humanities (and social sciences). For example, I currently inhabit the lowest-rung of subscribers at Calegends.com (my happy place?).
calumnus
NVBear78 said:

eastcoastcal said:

Shocky1 said:

eastcoastcal said:

Agree 100%, and as an economist/entrepreneur I would add, and really emphasize the importance of the cash flow statement.
Shocky1

6'5" 205 lbs 3.57 gpa quarterback from lincoln high school#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the gaslamp quarter)

Shocky1
nothing but west wishes for lars heading to loyola marymount

viel gluck grober mann

https://instagr.am/p/CpX3mwIO8sM
exclusive monster 2023/2024 mark madsen roster construction plan:

the ncca allows 13 schollys for men's basketball, last season the roster wuz as follows with new 2023 players in special font:

guards:
devin askew (not a true point guard, coach cal recruited him to kentucky as a 2)
joel brown (in graduate transfer portal, haas biz ad degree)
dejuan clayton (outta eligibility but aarp membership is in his future plans)
jarred hyder (in graduate transfer portal, legal studies degree)
rodney brown (2023 recommitment sharpshooter, alan crabbe is the cal player comparison)
jalen cone (2023 grad transfer from northern arizona, gotta lotta strawberry on his jam, impact player with potential nba upside)

wings:
grant newell (the future of cal basketball)
jalen celestine (apparently healthy & ready to growl again)
sam alajiki (transfer portal to rice)
obinna anyanwu (in transfer portal)
monty bowser (how do u shoot 92.6% on free throws & 27.3% on 3 pointers?)
marsalis roberson (in transfer portal)

lars thieman (graduate transfer portal to loyola marymount, nutrition science major)
kuany kuany (in graduate transfer portal, sociology major)
nd okafor (huge athletic upside)
devin curtis (2023 recommitment bouncy post gotta live in the weight room & eat 5 meals a day)
fardaws "big maple" aimaq (2023 grad transfer from texas tech/utah valley, impact player with potential nba upside)

right now coach masden got 5 returning players & 4 2023 recruits for a total of 9 players

the bears got (unlike the last 6 seasons) got 5 legit hoopers/starters than will play big minutes, 2 huge upside guys in rodney brown & nd okafor & 2 developmental guys in monty bowser & devin curtis

this team could win 18+ games next season with this roster, coach madsen is constructing a championship basketball program in berkeley, need another impact transfer player/junior college standout or two to bust thru the roof to a 2023 monster dream season

https://instagr.am/p/CpqZKRYPNHC
Shocky1

up in smoke (with beastmode)#
HoopDreams
Shocky1 said:

nothing but west wishes for lars heading to loyola marymount

viel gluck grober mann

KenBurnski
sycasey
5 to 7 wins will be our predicted record from now until the end of time.
KenBurnski
"Right in that meaty part of the curve"
Big C

I seem to remember a lot of pundits predicting 5 for us the past two seasons, so maybe this is a step in the right direction. Both years, I would see 5 and would be like, "Ha! Try 7 or 8!" It sucked to be wrong (especially on this).
89Bear
Big C said:

I seem to remember a lot of pundits predicting 5 for us the past two seasons, so maybe this is a step in the right direction. Both years, I would see 5 and would be like, "Ha! Try 7 or 8!" It sucked to be wrong (especially on this).

I could be wrong but I'm remembering 4 to 5. Six seems like a good step. A couple big wins and we're rolling!
Shocky1
KenBurnski said:

"Right in that meaty part of the curve"

shocky tryna explain to s&c coach brian johnson why yoga/meditation practices are critical for the future development of cal's monster offensive line

shut up, shocky#
Shocky1

my biz mentor johnny j just put colin morikawa on the phone with me while they're eating dinner together at the zurich classic pro am festivities in new orleans...an important aspect of continuing to grow in life is asking people to be ur mentor, the shockster got mentors in quite a few non related areas of study...if u ask nicely almost everyone will be honored & receptive to share their secrets with u

if u think u don't need mentors cuz u know everything, then ur a dumb azz

yeah shocky is the sofa king of napping, my doggys idolize me

https://instagr.am/p/Cpp5vdfg1qc
shocky's strange dream (cal won the national championship after securing roosevelt barnes signature)#
89Bear
Shocky1 said:

my biz mentor johnny j just put colin morikawa on the phone with me while they're eating dinner together at the zurich classic pro am festivities in new orleans...an important aspect of continuing to grow in life is asking people to be ur mentor, the shockster got mentors in quite a few non related areas of study...if u ask nicely almost everyone will be honored & receptive to share their secrets with u

if u think u don't need mentors cuz u know everything, then ur a dumb azz

yeah shocky is the sofa king of napping, my doggys idolize me

https://instagr.am/p/Cpp5vdfg1qc
shocky's strange dream (cal won the national championship after securing roosevelt barnes signature)#
Shocky seemed to have nailed it about Luckhurst!
Stud!
Shocky1
89, the difference in initial upward trajectory & majestic ball flight along with elite length/accuracy between michael luckhurst & dario longhetto is the same ball striking difference as between colin morikawa & some rando 5 handicap

the bears lost the field goal kicking battles in both boulder & south bend, that's just insanely poor decision making by the staff prioritizing seniority over national ******* league ability

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1

fatu iosefa in the portal without a berkeley degree, right now the bears got 29 scholly departures:

daniel scott, safety...out of eligibility
odua isibor, edge defender...out of eligiblity
jamieson sheahan, punter...out of eligilbity
braxton croteau, outside linebacker...medical retirement
ryan lange, guard...football retirement
kyle smith, inside linebacker...portal as grad transfer
ryan puskas, inside linebacker...portal as grad transfer
orin patu, edge defender...grad transfer to arizona
patrick histake, edge defender...portal to hawaii...no berkeley degree
henry ikahihifo, outside linebacker...portal to nevada...no berkeley degree
femi oladejo, linebacker...portal to ucla...no berkeley degree
trey paster, linebacker...portal as grad transfer
fatu iosefa, safety...portal...no berkeley degree
ben coleman, guard...grad transfer to asu
spencer lovell, guard...grad transfer to kansas
nick alftin, tight end...portal as grad transfer
keleki latu, tight end...portal to nevada...no berkeley degree
jermaine terry, tight end...portal to oregon state...no berkeley degree
j michael sturdivant, wide receiver...portal to ucla...no berkeley degree
justin richard baker, wide receiver...medical retirement
ashton hayes, running back...portal to nevada...no berkeley degree
chris street, running back...portal...no berkeley degree
damien moore, running back...portal to fresno state...no berkeley degree
decarlos brooks, running back...grad transfer portal to asu
slater zellers, longsnapper...grad transfer to asu
dario longhetto, kicker...grad transfer to asu
jack plummer, quarterback...grad transfer to louisville
kai milner, quarterback...portal to northern arizona...no berkeley degree
zach johnson, quarterback...portal as grad transfer
wifeisafurd
Shocky1 said:

up in smoke (with beastmode)#
Madsen isn't finished.
First Page Last Page
Page 98 of 318

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.