cal's monster offensive line

1,787,766 Views | 10966 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

some fun max highlights for his 2021 & 2022 fortinet championships, homa tees off tomorrow at 7:38 am on the 10th tee without the monster & then friday at 12:38 pm on the 1st tee with shocky coaching him up in the gallery in napa

https://instagr.am/p/Cv2iskrPPR3
Shocky1

it's a bird, it's a plane, no it's jaydn ott (be smart superman about flying & ****)#
Shocky1

fortinet pga championship update: 1st round

max homa with an opening 70 that included 5 birdies but wrecked his scorecard with 2 swings: a pulled wedge on the par 5 5th hole that resulted in a careless bogey 6 & a dumb azz cut utility wood off the tee into a bush on the short par 4 13th hole that cost him a double bogey 6

calumnus
Shocky1 said:

econ, luv u man, but that's not how things work...the chancellor of the #1 ranked public university in the world is not responsible (nor should they be responsible) for the management of the athletic department

the only person responsible is james arthur knowlton, blaming the 78 year old chancellor who got lied to by him re: the northwestern ad position that is retiring in june of 2024 is absolutely pointless

never heard from the con artist why he extended fox's contract another season only to fire him a year later...never heard from him re: his misappropriating donor funds to revenue sports to his favored sports, never heard from him re: the future costly lawsuits or the conference realignments which quite frankly he had zero involvement with as we rode the coattails of stanford's lobbying efforts...and now most critically we have heard nothing re: how the athletic department budget is going to cut costs moving forward with significantly less revenues

but did hear from knowlton today with an almost 10 paragraph email detailing his efforts to improve food service in the esp section

It shouldn't have mattered that he lied about Northwestern, he shouldn't have been hired in the first place. He was a horrible fit for Cal, without the requisite experience at a P5 conference or a school other than a military academy where you have unlimited Federal funding and no need for fundraising or marketing. Someone who gets and loves California and Berkeley in particular, not someone who officially lives and votes in Colorado. He showed his incompetence with the Fox hire and mismanagement of our COVID response.

When he went to Christ and said he had an offer from Northwestern she should have gladly let him go and hired better the next time. She NEVER should have extended his contract 8 years until 2029, 5 years after she planned to retire!!!!! That alone is fiscal malfeasance. It is unprecedented. Even if they are great, you HAVE to let the next chancellor pick their own person.

If she learned that he lied to her to get $10 million from the university, if she had bothered to call her counterpart at Northwestern to confirm, then she would know he committed fraud and should have been immediately fired for cause and possibly prosecuted. That she did not report it or do anything, and has since rewarded it, allowing him to continue to do damage: extending Wilcox to year 11, giving McKeever a $5 million contract despite complaints of abuse and racism that he brushed aside and did not even bother to investigate in violation of university, state and Federal rules and law…. Then we do a $2 million investigation of McKeever that we allowed him to specifically exclude any question of administrative wrong doing?

No she wears this. Knowlton is her fault and continues to be.

However, in this day and age of big time college sports it does not make sense to have it all rest with a chancellor hired 100% based on academics. Athletics should be separated and report to an athletics board of directors or even just an "advisory board" made up of alumni, hopefully with experience in professional sports management or be completely outsourced to an alumni run organization.
BearSD
calumnus said:

However, in this day and age of big time college sports it does not make sense to have it all rest with a chancellor hired 100% based on academics. Athletics should be separated and report to an athletics board of directors or even just an "advisory board" made up of alumni, hopefully with experience in professional sports management or be completely outsourced to an alumni run organization.
For an athletic department that is 100% donor-funded, okay, but *this* athletic department has campus administration and/or the regents supplying $20 million a year to the annual budget (an amount that will undoubtedly increase due to the reduced ACC revenue share) plus most of the money to pay off the bonds on the CMS renovation.
Shocky1
^ sd, u appear to be buying into the false knowlton narrative that the annual budget "will undoubtedly increase due to the reduced acc revenue share"

in these inflationary times with spiraling pension costs for university employees there is a near zero chance the next chancellor is gonna increase the athletic department budget, ok?...in the fact the current subsidy is gonna disappear

and that's why the department's bloated bureaucracy of clueless non berkeley grads like markeisha everrett that can't sell tixs to the revenue sports (despite the departure of almost all the professional franchises departing the east bay tix space) & that steadfastly refuses to offer free tixs to all games for all students (the future pipeline of season tixs & donors) while ******* up the gameday fan experience (did the band even play separate ways last game?...the shrill voiced promotional announcer is kinda listening to adele on acid while getting ur azz kicked in the shower at san quentin) is not generating more much needed revenues to balance the budget

as the current $20,000,000+ subsidy is eliminated, do u really want knowlton in charge of the next steps for the new reality of financial independence?

banking on calimony and/or bailout subsidies is not a fiscally realistic strategy (don't be a dumb azz)#
BearSD
Shocky1 said:

^ sd, u appear to be buying into the false knowlton narrative that the annual budget "will undoubtedly increase due to the reduced acc revenue share"
No, I'm not assuming that. I'm assuming that the athletic dept. budget will not change much in the short term because the political process of axing some sports and squeezing the budget of others will take a few years, at least. With a same-sized budget and less athletic dept. revenue, more money will be needed, and central campus will have to cover most or all of that.
Shocky1
sd, think ur a very astute fan/observer so plz bear with me but why do you think the "central campus will have to cover all of that" in reference to the looming budget deficit?

in the real world organizations need to make hard decisions/cost cutting in survival or die situations, kicking the can around ala the con artist is not an option

why do u think the cal athletic department is exempt from this fiscal/political reality?

if ur a reader of the monster then u know i discovered a $11,000,000 loan from the central campus to the athletic director that knowlton directed his cfo tom lowry to try to hide for me which eventually became unearthed thru my relentless public information requests...this loan will need to be paid back with revenue streams that will not exist in the future...bankruptcy anybody?...r u in support of knowlton's plan to not cut any current sports & just borrow more money from the central campus?

also curious on ur thoughts on the current frontrunner for the next berkeley chancellor dr adela de la torre (bay area native, 3 berkeley grads, luvs sports)?

https://instagr.am/p/CqmXb2asnLC
and lastly on a free day of leisure in san diego would u recommend naked azz vinyasa flow yoga at black's beach in la jolla, bumper cart driving at legoland in carlsbad in pursuit of a coveted ll driver's license, 36 holes walking rounds at torrey pines south & san diego cc (which is actually in chula vista) or drinking mai tais at nobu downtown and then getting arrested for tryna get on the field at petco stadium at 1:38 am in the morning?

https://instagr.am/p/CsEqVdmrYNW
https://nypost.com/2022/03/15/dangerous-driver-of-wild-car-chase-whips-out-legoland-license/

shocky is unbreakable & don't stop for no stop signs at legoland, **** that **** (other disloyal driver's beware)#
Shocky1

not enuf oxygen to the brain (or +1 athleticism/quick twitch movements)#
Shocky1

wheels up, shocky flying 1st class (the extra trail mix snack on southwest is reserved for ballers) from the desert back to the bay in order to coach up max for his 12:38 pm tee time at silverado, homa obviously didn't have his best stuff yesterday without the monster

would not be surprised if max don't go low this afternoon, maybe a 62 or something

BearSD
Shocky1 said:

sd, think ur a very astute fan/observer so plz bear with me but why do you think the "central campus will have to cover all of that" in reference to the looming budget deficit?

in the real world organizations need to make hard decisions/cost cutting in survival or die situations, kicking the can around ala the con artist is not an option

why do u think the cal athletic department is exempt from this fiscal/political reality?

if ur a reader of the monster then u know i discovered a $11,000,000 loan from the central campus to the athletic director that knowlton directed his cfo tom lowry to try to hide for me which eventually became unearthed thru my relentless public information requests...this loan will need to be paid back with revenue streams that will not exist in the future...bankruptcy anybody?...r u in support of knowlton's plan to not cut any current sports & just borrow more money from the central campus?

also curious on ur thoughts on the current frontrunner for the next berkeley chancellor dr adela de la torre (bay area native, 3 berkeley grads, luvs sports)?

https://instagr.am/p/CqmXb2asnLC
and lastly on a free day of leisure in san diego would u recommend naked azz vinyasa flow yoga at black's beach in la jolla, bumper cart driving at legoland in carlsbad in pursuit of a coveted ll driver's license, 36 holes walking rounds at torrey pines south & san diego cc (which is actually in chula vista) or drinking mai tais at nobu downtown and then getting arrested for tryna get on the field at petco stadium at 1:38 am in the morning?

https://instagr.am/p/CsEqVdmrYNW
https://nypost.com/2022/03/15/dangerous-driver-of-wild-car-chase-whips-out-legoland-license/

shocky is unbreakable & don't stop for no stop signs at legoland, **** that **** (other disloyal driver's beware)#
Have you been there? The traffic circle near the Legoland entrance is a mess.

I don't know De La Torre but she seems like a good choice to me.

In the real world organizations need to make hard decisions quickly, but universities and other government bureaucracies often defy reality and make them slowly. The athletic budget will be slimmed eventually. I would not be surprised if a new chancellor orders Knowlton to do it, again, not immediately, because bureaucracy.
Big C

Do we even know how a Chancellor is hired, or to what extent that hiring process (if any) is institutionalized?

People around BI seem to be liking de la Torre or Rich Lyons (both sound great to me), but I am worried that influential faculty will prefer somebody with "academic credentials" that they value, i.e. preferring somebody from, say, a Dartmouth rather that a "lowly" place like San Diego State.

This next hire is going to be huge for Cal Athletics and I hope we have influential representatives at the table.
Econ141

AZ Bear

Shocky, we've been to Legoland several times and, believe me, my boys don't stop for no stop signs at Legoland either!
89Bear
Homa is going low. Thanks Shocky!!!
75bear
89Bear said:

Max put on a clinic today, vaulting up the leaderboard to T6 with a bogey free, 6 birdie performance.

Unfortunately Max's good buddy and playing partner Joel Dahmen (who became an overnight fan favorite after Episode 4 of Full Swing was released) needed a birdie on one of the last two holes to make the cut, and came up short after doubling 17.

I'm sure Shocky will give us a detailed blow by blow of the round once he finishes his evening yoga session in Yountville.
89Bear
75bear said:

89Bear said:

Max put on a clinic today, vaulting up the leaderboard to T6 with a bogey free, 6 birdie performance.

Unfortunately Max's good buddy and playing partner Joel Dahmen (who became an overnight fan favorite after Episode 4 of Full Swing was released) needed a birdie on one of the last two holes to make the cut, and came up short after doubling 17.

I'm sure Shocky will give us a detailed blow by blow of the round once he finishes his evening yoga session in Yountville.
Seems like yoga should have wrapped up by now. What is that dumb azz doing?
Shocky1

fortinet pga championship update: 2nd round

spectacular fall wine country weather as max homa & caddie joe greiner collaborated for a 6 under par 66 with shocky audibly cheering for his fellow california golden bear despite a couple kinda judgmental "your sorta loud" looks from a few probable volunteer librarians with hush hush sign language...let's be real here, telling shocky to shut the **** up is not gonna work

on the par 3 7th hole (see above video) max got deep into his preshot routine before backing off to consult with joe re: the wind movement which resulted in a change of clubs & then a near hole in one birdie 2

despite 6 birdies the absolute shot of the day wuz on the short par 4 13th hole which if u read the monster's 1st round report above u know homa double bogied the hole with a sloppy azz utility wood off the tee crookedly cut into a bush by the water down the right side of the fairway...so today homa overcompensated pulling his tee shot far left absolutely dead behind the tallest grove of trees on the course that are a muir woods 80 feet high..so despite being only 100 yards from the hole, he's basically dead off the tee

joe can be heard encouraging max to try to draw a ball right of the green & then scramble for a par...but max says he thinks he can clear the trees which seems impossible kinda like sam jackson v quarterback sneaking up the middle for a 75 yard touchdown

homa finally hits the ball & it's heading straight into the trees, the fans around me are all yelling along with me "trees are 90% air!" & in the pga miracle shot of the year it goes thru a thicket of brush branches to somehow land on the green & roll up 15 feet away from the pin...everybody is high fiving/fist bumping each other in the gallery as we share in the love of the moment, who says golf tournaments are boring?

max's final birdie of the round wuz on the beautiful par 3 17th hole over the pond (johnny miller & his family lived in the house fronting the hole back in the day) when he rolled in the monster bomb putt on the final roll (see below video), yeah shocky's voice went officially hoarse for today after that ****

usually a super low road by a pga pro involves low scoring on the par 5s but max only played the par 5s in 1 under par...he honestly could've shot 62 today

make no mistake about it, max homa is ready for rome (and maybe another fortinet trophy in napa sunday nite)

cal is a golf school (for yountville's t-rex yoga losers)#
Shocky1
^^^^ zony, ur boys gotta lotta energy based upon their denton gameday hype, did u & ur wife feed them sugar cubes for breakfast or something?

for ur sake hope they won't bringing home a lotta strippers as future gf's, the candy store es no bueno (22nd street should be out of bounds)

Shocky1
89Bear said:

https://instagr.am/p/CwGGNMXyKOl
89, to be honest with u i wuz kinda busy getting u a doggy bag of pasta with black truffles at bouchon (couldn't get into the french laundry on a friday nite with no resv despite telling them ima costco member)

ur welcome amigo
Shocky1
75, agreed max & joel are close & their friendships contributed to the good vibes for homa's play during the slow round as the 2 conversed with a lotta laughs & smiles

but after dahmen rinsed his tee ball on the par 3 17th hole to seal his missing the cut/flying back to the desert tonite he played the par 5 18th hole with obvious disinterest & no practice swings

fun fact: joel's caddie gene bonnalie's yardage book got a plastic cover for them idaho vandals

the 3rd player in the group bomber & former fortinet winner sacramento native cameron camp is still struggling with his wedge play...his father in law tole me mid round that champ is still recovering from a broken wrist he busted up in 2022 & that he now lives near the woodlands in north houston
Shocky1

let's ******* go (jaydn with the hype box)#
75bear
Shocky1 said:

75, agreed max & joel are close & their friendships contributed to the good vibes for homa's play during the slow round as the 2 conversed with a lotta laughs & smiles

but after dahmen rinsed his tee ball on the par 3 17th hole to seal his missing the cut/fling back to the desert tonite he played the par 5 18th hole with obvious disinterest & no practice swings

fun fact: joel's caddie gene bonnalie's yardage book got a plastic cover for them idaho vandals

the 3rd player in the group bomber & former fortinet winner sacramento native cameron camp is still struggling with his wedge play...his father in law tole me mid round champ is recovering from a broken wrist he busted up in 2022 & that he now lives near the woodlands in north houston
Fun fact: Geno Bonnalie held the Guinness record for most golf holes played in one week…. a whopping 2,000!!! He details this impossible feat in No Laying Up podcast episode 687, I highly recommend it for an entertaining listen.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

cal finishes the marquette intercollegiate at erin hills in 2nd place at +14 & 3 strokes behind winner chattanooga at the former us open venue

what did we learn?

1) eric lee is a generational talent, he needs to be exempt from qualifying for tournaments along with sampson...if eric wuz in the 5 player scoring lineup the bears finish +1 & win this tournament by a runaway 10 strokes...just like homakawa he rolled in clutch birdies on the 16th & 18th holes to co share the tournament championship trophy

https://instagr.am/p/Cw1JvIuv0Rd
2) sampson zheng finished at -2 for the tournament & is one of the top golfers in the nation...bet

3) the play at the 2023 us amateur (missing 64 player match play by only 1 stroke out of an elite field of 312 golfers) wuz not a fluke as emerging tony chen finished tied for 12th & is poised for an absolutely breakout season

4) true freshman from plano texas ethan fang got his promising college career started with a solid tie for 19th finish

5) ethan chung hit a lotta good shots enroute to 6 birdies in the 3 rounds but wuz undermined by 5 double bogeys, gotta do a better job with damage control/risk management in future tournaments

6) daniel heo is not gonna get married at the erin hills clubhouse someday

7) the coaching staff needs to do a better job of strategizing club selections with the team in the future on par 3s...today's 3 double bogey 5s on the par 3 9th hole cost the bears a trophy (a couple of pars would've changed the tournament outcome)...walter chun & peter ireland should've directed their players to shoot for the middle of the green on this diabolical short downhill par 3 with strong winds that wreak havoc on the aerial high flighted trajectory of short irons, the back right pin position as seen in the foto below is particularly nefarious

monster moral of the story: bringing jaylen brown off the bench & not starting him is a mistake

next tournament is in seattle on september 18th & 19th, this is shaping up to be a season for the ages
visited with head coach walter chun after a heroic recovery shot by max on the 6th hole

the bears lineup for the seattle tournament starting next monday:

1) nathan wang
2) ethan fang
3) sampson zheng
4) tony chen
5) eric lee
i) jeewon park

walter tole me that the lineup is determined by qualifying scores (basically practice rounds played together at different courses prior to tournaments) with the caveat that guys finishing in the top 10 are exempt from qualifying for the next tournament

and that's why eric lee played at erin hills as an individual, he wuz 6th in qualifying prior to the tournament
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CxO7VOWxsY7
bros of the taliban facial manscaping (lacey gotta say enuf is enuf)#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CxGhjWlBzY9
beware the vandals (qb gevani mccoy is the real mccoy, got 300+ yards upside)#
89Bear
Shocky1 said:

89Bear said:

https://instagr.am/p/CwGGNMXyKOl
89, to be honest with u i wuz kinda busy getting u a doggy bag of pasta with black truffles at bouchon (couldn't get into the french laundry on a friday nite with no resv despite telling them ima costco member)

ur welcome amigo
Hope u didn't forget the bread...
KenBurnski
Resys are for losers, kinda like clothes. Amusebouche#
Shocky1
89Bear said:

Hope u didn't forget the bread...
https://instagr.am/p/BlEQ4Ulh929
brah, a fine dining experience in the bay area without sourdough & a small flavorful desert like a couple of macaroons that delights the senses is about as ******* dumb as operating an offense that schematically don't attack the middle 3rd of the field

let's be real here 89, the monster is always doing u & the coaching staff a solid

https://instagr.am/p/CwyVB75ISqH

don't be a dumb azz (interior passing routes today at 1o pm, merci beaucoup)#
Shocky1

fun facts: mcdonalds french fries r NOT actually french & justin interfering with spav's preference to attack the middle 3rd of the field will result in a LOSS to them fired up idaho vandals who r literally gonna steal all of the **** outta the visting team locker room at memorial stadium

the above foto of my guy sam jackson v is being shared with his written legal consent

lock it down (unleash lucki)#
Shocky1
KenBurnski said:

https://instagr.am/p/BxSgywLBG5x
100% burnski

portrait of a doggy (as a hungry rescue mutt living on the mean streets without a safe zone)#
HoopDreams
I planned on getting a dog and thinking of a few specific breeds, but I would think about the Shockster's rescue dog posts and donations so I went to the humane society and adopted an unknown mix.

Go Bears!

Shocky1 said:

KenBurnski said:

https://instagr.am/p/BxSgywLBG5x
100% burnski

portrait of a doggy (as a hungry rescue mutt living on the mean streets without a safe zone)#

Shocky1

hoop dreams=doggy dad of the year

but make no mistake about it partner, there's still a lotta work to be done, the future is unknowable & unlimited

the magic of cal basketball needs to be INCLUSIVE (including those with no berkeley affiliations) in order to grow the currently aging fanbase & bring younger donors into the cal basketball forever family & successfully recruit mcdonalds all americans to play in a nba system on electrically charged sold out gamedays, that's not happening right now

offering free tixs to all student for every game would be a major step in the right direction in restoring the roar at haas as would be recruiting an asian walk on...elite recruits wanna read fun fan message boards that talk about them

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked PUBLIC (everyone is ******* invited to the party) university in the world (including yuma & ibiza)
Shocky1

check out homa's 2023 pga tour shot of the year thru the tree forest at the 2 minute 56 second mark (yeah that's shocky left of max with the yellow/green balenciaga kicks, blue shorts & white t-shirt, forgot my cal lid back home in the tree fort yoga room)

great day to be a bear#
Shocky1

urgency to attack the middle 3rd of the field (all eyes in memorial stadium on the play calling)#
First Page Last Page
Page 150 of 314

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.