cal's monster offensive line

1,737,754 Views | 10774 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by 82gradDLSdad
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

future governor of florida#
Shocky1
fun cal's monster class contest:

can u name the happiest creature on planet earth???

contest rules: winner be awarded a dinner reservation for 2 with the monster at cipriani in either miami or new york city, offer is inclusive of desert (as long as its shared & got chocolate)...no advance purchase is necessary for participation in this contest...all rules & regulations can be capriciously changed at a moment's notice with no advance notice...mark fox is not eligible for this contest

fernando mendoza (notice the doggy pat at the 3 second mark & the friendly conversation attempt with a curvy brunette yoga female at the 1 minute 33 second mark)

shocky aka the yoga dumb azz
https://instagr.am/p/CvWU2gXp3hY
surfer cajon box drummer dude (far left in the below video)

blaze the mixed mutt rescue doggy

b kind in ur thoughts (+ doggys 2)#
82gradDLSdad
Shocky1 said:

fun cal's monster class contest:

can u name the happiest creature on planet earth???

contest rules: winner be awarded a dinner reservation for 2 with the monster at cipriani in either miami or new york city, offer is inclusive of desert (as long as its shared & got chocolate)...no advance purchase is necessary for participation in this contest...all rules & regulations can be capriciously changed at a moment's notice with no advance notice...mark fox is not eligible for this contest

fernando mendoza (notice the doggy pat at the 3 second mark & the friendly conversation attempt with a curvy brunette yoga female at the 1 minute 33 second mark)

shocky aka the yoga dumb azz
https://instagr.am/p/CvWU2gXp3hY
surfer cajon box drummer dude (far left in the below video)

blaze the mixed mutt rescue doggy

b kind in ur thoughts (+ doggys 2)#

Pretty nice Shocky. I had trouble getting up after working on the framing of my new front gate let alone doing a headstand. Well done. And I can't see videos of kids I'm going to get upset with on the football field. That kid could be my grandson. How could I get upset with how he plays a game. At least Wilcox is older than my kids.
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Cj8JMjZMg4I
california golden bears kickoff coverage fiascos:

as mentioned multiple times by the monster, coach wilcox has opted not to hire a special teams assistant coach...these duties are handled on a part time basis by outside linebacker coach vic so'oto with assistance from special teams quality control coach zach tinker

this has resulted in opponents in every game this season gaining significant field advantages in the kickoff game as the bears defenders are often not running downfield in disciplined lanes & there are apparent miscommunications with the kickers re: the directional nature of the kicks

the obvious solution would be for michael luckhurst to drive kickoffs deep for touchbacks

so while opponents are aggressively returning punts & kickoffs all season the bears predictably fair catch almost all punts & kickoffs...if ur making a potty break at memorial stadium during the bears return plays then ur not gonna miss much (if any) action...sorry hand waving every kick for a fair catch is not gonna be a successful strategy for winning football games (or selling gameday tixs), just ask desean jackson

ay caramba (beware the october malfunctioning cal special teams)#
89Bear
The solution of having Luckhurst kick off seems like a pretty simple fix. Yet, the staff never went there?
Unreal!!!
philbert
Luckhurst was listed on the depth chart as the guy to handle kickoffs for ASU but he never did. He wasn't listed for the OSU game. Someone should ask Wilcox what the deal is.
Shocky1
89 & philbert, the current ncca redshirt rules allow a player to participate in up to 4 games, in that michael luckhurst (whose got a stronger leg than mateen bhaghani on kickoffs) did not play against asu or oregon state it appears the possibility of preserving his redshirt season is potentially on the table

asking justin questions like this almost always results in coach speak "we're looking at all options to win more football games, blah blah blah"

the good news is that salt lake city is at 4265 altitude, mateen should be able to knock kickoffs out of the back of the end zone this saturday afternoon thereby masking the kickoff coverage issues for another time & place
NVBear78
If you go back and look at the first few games Luckhurst was reaching the end zone on less then 50% of his kicks and because of our poor kickoff coverage teams were choosing to return kicks even if they went into the end zone. That being said the kick off's do seem weaker now and our coverage even worse.

p.s. seems unwise to me to worry about redshirting a kicker or any player who can help us now. So if Luckhurst is better on kick off's please use him now.
AZ Bear
Who cares about preserving a redshirt year for Luckhurst? I care about letting dangerous return men on the opposing team receive a kickoff outside their goal line and shred our return team for big yardage. Time after time.

Seriously, what we need now is a kicker who can kick it into the end zone for a touchback. If that burns a year of eligibility for one of our kickers, so be it. How about when the eligibility of our current kickers is exhausted, we sign more kickers who can kick it through the end zone? While we're at it, let's sign kickers who can make extra points, and what the heck, maybe even make field goals. While we're a it, let's make sure we have long snappers who can snap accurately and consistently.

Our margin for victory is already low, so we need to play for field position whenever possible. It's a ridiculous trade off that we'd suffer worse field position to preserve a redshirt year for a kicker who has already been benched for missing 6 out of 9 field goals plus some extra points.

I do think Luckhurst can be our placekicker again and I think we'll need him this year on longer field goals. I hope he gets squared away. But he can contribute right now on kickoffs and if it's true they were looking to redshirt him that just seems crazy.

We gotta win at least a few games the rest of the way (or look really good while losing) to create some kind of momentum for the program and to avoid a major transfer portal exodus. If that were to happen, we'd have a lot bigger problems than Luckhurst having only two more years of eligibility left instead of three...

Shocky1
nv, during the wilcox era it's sometimes been an intentional decision to strategically kick a high kickoff into a specific quadrant of the field in an effort to pin the receiving team closer to the goal line...ragle wuz a big fan of this

with all the issues surrounding the coverage units kicking the ball out of the end zone for a touchback is a statistically better option if the kicker got the leg

any legit full time special teams coach would not accept the fair catching of almost all punts & kickoffs

other than the asu game thx to lachlan wilson's booming punts, can anybody name a game during justin's tenure that the bears have beat the opponent in flipping the field via special teams play?

ruh roh

AZ Bear
NVBear, good point on Luckhurt's kickoff distances earlier this season. And I obviously agree with your point on redshirting -- I didn't read your comment until after I posted similar sentiments in a longer, more bombastic fashion.
Shocky1
az bear, agree with much of wut u say but keep in mind that the luckhurst family will also have a say in any potential redshirt decision too
AZ Bear
Fair point, I guess. But are you suggesting maybe Luckhurst (possibly in consultation with his family) went to Wilcox and asked to redshirt the rest of the season to get the mental aspect of his game back in order?

Maybe that happened, but should a guy do that if he can help his team this year? Are we going to rely next year on a kicker that wanted to tap out of the rest of this season when he could have helped his team on kickoffs?

I suspect Luckhurst is stronger mentally that the above scenario implies. And if he's not, maybe we'd be better off moving on.
Shocky1

monster message to all cal fans that are at the end of their rope

watch this video, there are 3 takeaways

1) watch the exuberant unscripted dancing/singing by nando on the sidelines, if that don't make u smile ur probably dead, mendoza believes in the magic of cal football (and the flashing blue light of the future across the lake), maybe u should too

2) mack's jet literally leaves chem trails in his wake, my favorite bear from oaktown is special in ways that extend way beyond football...yeah speed kills

3) nando reads the monster, he knows the middle 3rd of the field is schematically not defended by opponents even if our coaching staff fails to adapt to the predictable nature of our perimeter based passing game...jack endries with nando at the helm is probably the happiest (non gay) person in berkeley...if would not surprise me if nando audibles on his own a pitchout or two to jaydn ott in salt lake city this weekend

not gonna lie to you, i kinda said my final goodbyes to football during the pac 12 destruction/knowlton malfeasance mismanagement of a bloated athletic department & my final goodbyes to basketball after cal's monster class wuz terminated back in the day

to be honest with u, ima happy with just following the cal men's golf team & attending pga/usga/royal & ancient tournaments around the globe (while playing the world top 100 golf lists/visiting new yoga studios) watching homakawa along with michael kim, byeong hun an, etc. compete at the highest levels of professional golf

and then the 3 guardians of light (protecting the most vulnerable) stanford's condoleeza rice (who is an augusta national & cypress point member, i've visited with her at both clubs & found her to be engagingly delightful), notre dame's athletic director jack swarbrick & smu's george bush lobbied on our behalf for acc expansion to inclusively extend an invitation to the #1 ranked public university in the world

so the acc invitation (which had absolutely nothing to do with christ or knowlton) is an unexpected reprisal from death for cal football & basketball, unless knowlton is replaced cal athletics is heading towards a final tombstone engraved with his initials due to financial mismanagement

the reality is that all of us got a finite time on planet earth, r we gonna waste that limited time with self imposed unhappiness (r we really victims and if so of whom?)?

one more time (we saw the whole world but couldn't see the meaning)#
philbert
Yeah I thought about the redshirt possibility. However, Luckhurst did handle kickoffs last year.

So my guess is if Luckhurst is interested in redshirting, it would be to preserve eligibility and transfer elsewhere.
89Bear
Not gonna lie...Watching Fernando throw a pass up the middle to a WIDE open Endries almost brought a tear to my eye!!! We can do it!!! Then watching Nando running, jumping, hugging...made him my favorite Bear. What a stud!!! Fernandomania in Berkeley!
Shocky1
philbert, there's a very low probability that any 4.37 gpa hs student is gonna give up a berkeley degree worth millions of dollars over a lifetime for a truck stop skool diploma

hiring a sober special teams assistant coach might make some sense tho
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/Cll2KJyveg3
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38577335/utah-cam-rising-says-tore-multiple-ligaments-rose-bowl

the truth re: cam rising's injuries, wow, this remarkable quarterback talent is way more messed up physically that anybody imagined

will rising be cleared by his personal doctor in la & also the utah medical staff for the cal game on october 14th at noon in salt lake city?

the monster's take is that he's taking a huge risk with his potential nfl future by coming back too early & reinjuring the extensive damage outlined in the above article

reality is that the utes without cam got a pretty mediocre to average offense, if he's not cleared and/or injured again this historically challenging road game in a hostile venue is winnable
cam rising update: interview with his orthopedic surgeon with direct quotes (with rising's permission per hipa laws)
https://theathletic.com/4946102/2023/10/09/cam-rising-utah-football-injury-return/?amp=1

my take is that cam will not be cleared for this saturday's game, the utes are averaging only 19.2 ppg this season without rising

potential signature win of the wilcox era#

calBlitz
Shocky1 said:

so the acc invitation (which had absolutely nothing to do with christ or knowlton) is an unexpected reprisal from death for cal football & basketball, unless knowlton is replaced cal athletics is heading towards a final tombstone engraved with his initials due to financial mismanagement

the reality is that all of us got a finite time on planet earth, r we gonna waste that limited time with self imposed unhappiness (r we really victims and if so of whom?)?
Sad, but true.

The only sports I follow is Cal football. This criminal level of mismanagement by Christ/Knowlton has really tested my fandom. At other universities (Ohio St, Alabama, Michigan, ... etc) there are usually power blocks (boosters / donors) that will run out any individual that reach this level of incompetence. Cal doesn't have this?
Shocky1
blitzy, let's be 100% transparent here

this site has made the existential decision to enable james arthur knowlton & that's why the articles at the premium site seem to be kinda worthless rehash of public press conferences, ok?

there are no investigative articles re: why the athletic department secretly borrowed $11,000,000 from the central campus or why fox wuz extended another season only to be fired immediately thereafter...there are no demands for a knowlton interview to explain how cal's financial future is gonna be managed with tens of million less dollars from the acc than the extinct pac 12, are any sport teams or the bloated internal bureaucracy gonna be rightsized?

the truth is that christ & knowlton are terrible fundraisers for the football & basketball programs and without them as revenue drivers the olympic sports they are tryna protect are actually gonna be more decimated in the future...if anybody says otherwise, ask them how the basketball practice facility is moving forward, ok?

the bearinsider.com is playing a role in the future extinction of cal athletics just like it did with the termination of cal's monster class

that's why cal's monster offensive line is taking the lead in demanding the termination of james arthur knowlton (which is gaining significant traction with a majority of the whales) in favor of andrew mcgraw being named as the next athletic director to start the necessary corrective steps to financial responsibility...and there is also considerable support for dr adela de la torre to be named as the next chancellor of berkeley in may of 2024

but the con artist needs to be gone well before then

u read it here 1st
Alkiadt
Shocky1 said:

blitzy, let's be 100% transparent here

this site has made the existential decision to enable james arthur knowlton & that's why the articles at the premium site seem to be kinda worthless rehash of public press conferences, ok?

there are no investigative articles re: why the athletic department secretly borrowed $11,000,000 from the central campus or why fox wuz extended another season only to be fired immediately thereafter...there are no demands for a knowlton interview to explain how cal's financial future is gonna be managed with tens of million less dollars from the acc than the extinct pac 12, are any sport teams or the bloated internal bureaucracy gonna be rightsized?

the truth is that christ & knowlton are terrible fundraisers for the football & basketball programs and without them as revenue drivers the olympic sports they are tryna protect are actually gonna be more decimated in the future...if anybody says otherwise, ask them how the basketball practice facility is moving forward, ok?

the bearinsider.com is playing a role in the future extinction of cal athletics just like it did with the termination of cal's monster class

that's why cal's monster offensive line is taking the lead in demanding the termination of james arthur knowlton (which is gaining significant traction with a majority of the whales) in favor of andrew mcgraw being named as the next athletic director to start the necessary corrective steps to financial responsibility...and there is also considerable support for dr adela de la torre to be named as the next chancellor of berkeley in may of 2024

but the con artist needs to be gone well before then

u read it here 1st

Andrew McGraw has no interest in being named interim or permanent AD. You're doing him a disservice by repeating that idea.
SBGold
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38577335/utah-cam-rising-says-tore-multiple-ligaments-rose-bowl

the truth re: cam rising's injuries, wow, this remarkable quarterback talent is way more messed up physically that anybody imagined

will rising be cleared by his personal doctor in la & also the utah medical staff for the cal game on october 14th at noon in salt lake city?

the monster's take is that he's taking a huge risk with his potential nfl future by coming back too early & reinjuring the extensive damage outlined in the above article

reality is that the utes without cam got a pretty mediocre to average offense, if he's not cleared and/or injured again this historically challenging road game in a hostile venue is winnable
cam rising update: interview with his orthopedic surgeon with direct quotes (with rising's permission per hipa laws)
https://theathletic.com/4946102/2023/10/09/cam-rising-utah-football-injury-return/?amp=1

my take is that cam will not be cleared for this saturday's game, the utes are averaging only 19.2 ppg this season without rising

Is it really a signature win if their all Pac 12 qb is out?
Alkiadt
SBGold said:

Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

Is it really a signature win if their all Pac 12 qb is out?

Utah has a 16 or 17 (?) game home winning streak.
It would be a significant win regardless of who's at qb for Utah.
Shocky1
alky, respect ur passion for the basketball program, sent u a pm

goldy, utah got the best defense in the pac 12 (ucla is surprisingly stout) & winning at rice eccles stadium is a daunting task for any program...so yeah beating the utes & moving to 4-3 with a solid opportunity for a bowl game would be a signature win for justin

blitzy, multiple premium subscribers have advised me there wuz a recent thread there re: whether or not knowlton really is an absentee athletic director...there wuz apparently several posts re: interactions with knowlton which revealed his petty, vindictive & small minded personality but zero posts by the board's mods

at a football factory like the ones you mentioned, such a critical question would result in the publisher interviewing the athletic director, public information requests for his work schedule & interviews with his co workers in an effort to determine how many days a year he spends in berkeley vs colorado springs...this would result in a termination of a worthless absentee bureaucrat

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

coach chun got his starting line up for next week week's october 9th & 10th mackenzie invitational at the meadow club (faithfully restored to its sparkling brilliance by mike devries)...yeah shocky mostly caddied at san francisco golf club during high school & college but sometimes he would caddie at the meadow club on the way to nearby stinson beach for some late afternoon waves with his doggy blaze

1. sampson zheng
2. ethan fang
3. nathan wang
4. tony chen
5. eric lee

this is potentially the most dominant cal golf line up in over a decade...the bears are currently ranked #31 but would be closer to the top 10 if eric lee would not have played as an individual (scores not counted for team scoring) in the opening tournament which we won (fun fact: homakawa never won their 1st tournament)...this is not a criticism of walter, it's just a fact

daniel heo will be the designated individual player & the bears will also be fielding the following 2nd team (there's a lotta talent here but interestingly no senior aaron du)

1. costas panay
2. jeewon park
3. papon sawatyanon
4. ethan chung
5. charlie berridge

kinda wondering if walter & peter are gonna take the troops to stinson to work on their sand play?

fun fact: shocky's 1st kiss in his life (that did not involve either his moms or a doggy) wuz with a curvy brunette yoga female on the path down to stinson beach, made me feel kinda like a homecoming king or something...not gonna lie, gotta lotta tongue on that kiss

this is cal golf#

ridiculous world class scoring today at the meadow club, can coach chun's team keep the petal to the metal mañana?

lefty sophomore crazy azz fashionista nathan wang from fremont is the fernando mendoza of the golf team...like nando nathan wuz lightly recruited & by all accounts plays his sport with fun, freedom & love in his heart along with a fearless attitude (and maybe a chip on his shoulders for being overlooked) that rallies his teammates...no moment is too ******* big for them, got it?

let's ******* go (to muir woods & stinson beach after tomorrow's round)#
Shocky1
89Bear said:

Not gonna lie...Watching Fernando throw a pass up the middle to a WIDE open Endries almost brought a tear to my eye!!! We can do it!!! Then watching Nando running, jumping, hugging...made him my favorite Bear. What a stud!!! Fernandomania in Berkeley!
89, shocky (who recently got neck tats) shares ur emotions re: that pass to the middle 3rd of the field

tears of joy#
Oakbear
Shocky1 said:

could be this year's AZ or CO from past seasons, expect the unexpected with JW,
Shocky1

vati, nando & lucky listed as starters#
Econ141
When will a Cal AD state the obvious?

Shocky1
econ, the con artist is the only athletic director in the united states of america that don't state nothing...he rejects/plays dodge ball with all interview requests

knowlton prefers to let his track record do the talking
Shocky1

meadow club update: california golden bears finish a remarkable 51 under par & win the mackenzie by 15 strokes

but the lessons of the day is that this high upside team gotta learn how to finish out tournaments like boss men like the homa/kim/hagy/weaver/salter team that crushed opponents...today's round wuz 5 under par which wuz only the 9th best team round of the day & even behind harvard which wuz 6 under par...that's some bad berkeley gpa waste of talent

best rounds of the 3rd round wuz a pair of 68s from elite senior sampson zheng (explosive back to back eagles on the 506 yards par 5 15th hole & the drivable 323 yards par 4 16th hole) & tony chen who is arguably the fastest emerging/developing player in the nation (us amateur results at cherry hills this summer are validating his relentless hard work)...nathan wang shot a 70 to finish 3rd at 15 under par, congrats...the 2 world class true freshmen eric lee (5'11" 135 lbs) & ethan fang (6'1" 145 lbs) are tuff like paper clips but apparently took the day off catching waves at stinson beach or something

the team's next competition is october 30 & 31st at the preserve in carmel, it's literally almost a 20 minute drive from the guard gate to the clubhouse at the high end fazio club with exceptional conditioning...the wildlife at the preserve is unreal...coach chun's starting line up will be competitively determined by scoring during the next 2 weeks
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

89Bear said:

89, shocky (who recently got neck tats) shares ur emotions re: that pass to the middle 3rd of the field

tears of joy#

shocky's new neck tats are in japanese lettering & loosely translated to "clothes are for losers"

NVBear78
Neck tattoos?!?
Shocky1

nv, yeah almost everybody at modern yoga got tats except me

Shocky1

cal's monster offensive line injury update:

4.0 gpa fellow poly bad azz sioape vatikani is "day to day" (as is jackson sirmon)

wild piglet#
First Page Last Page
Page 161 of 308

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.