cal's monster offensive line

1,619,677 Views | 10265 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

pacific tigers 87
california golden bears 79

shocky's top 10 re: tonite's mysteries of love

1) jaylon tyson is even better than expected, he is the program's only +1 athletic true difference maker with quick twitch movements...played physical d unselfishly diving to the floor for loose balls, a game high soaring thru the haas airspace 11 boards & an offensively efficient 20 points on 7 of 11 field goals...jaylon also got a good handle for a wing as evidenced by only 1 turnover

2) my guy jalen cone got unreal hops, his shot selection still needs some work & his defensive intensity is significantly improved since watching him in person against asu in tempe last november...and most importantly jalen is a good dad to ivy faithe, planet earth needs more dads that are present in their children's lives in helping guide them in a safe space/zone towards their dreams

3) daws is a legit offensive threat with 18 points on 7 of 13 fields...his shooting stroke is clean & his shooting mechanics are solid so not sure why he knocked down only 4 of 9 free throws...defensively he don't got the foot speed to get in front of his man attacking the bucket, unfortunately his teammates gave him zero off ball help when he wuz burned off the dribble for uncontested buckets

4) jalen celestine got a beautiful shooting stoke ala j-mat & jabari bird...once that ugly azz & limiting leg brace is gone, jalen is gonna let it fly

5) tolstoy should be playing on the bears football special teams coverage units, this guy will **** you up in a sorta intellectual kinda way...yeah the supercuts on bancroft is closed

6) cal band is great & the students wuz loud...hopefully someday markeisha wakes the **** up & offers ALL students FREE admission to all basketball games at the #1 ranked public university in the world inclusively offering the opportunity to experience the magic of cal basketball for those from challenging socioeconomic background for whom the $125 student pass is not even remotely realistically affordable

7) cheer & dance way more tone (not in the same league as modern yoga but that's ok) than past squads, coach toler's fashionista choices tonite wuz on point too, she's a good leader

8) doing the hang with brenden glapion wuz fun, he noted that he could tell the guys hadn't played a lot with each other before tonite' game...team chemistry is critical & it's gonna take some time

9) the braised tofu with sauted mushrooms at the great wall of china with brenden pre game wuz fire

10) truly love each & every person shocky interacted with tonite...but let's be real here, benji aka scrappy doo wishes he could meet all of you too & make sure ur water dishes are full of water or something but unfortunately the magic of cal basketball is apparently not for doggys for reasons in the universe that are not clear at all to me & benji
Strykur
Back to the usual BS...
Shocky1
^ 100% strykur

https://instagr.am/p/CjLusZBhCL3
what time is yoga? (clothes r for losers)#
Shocky1
future acc protected rival starting in 2024 smu ponies (8-2) wuz off to the races 45-21 over the betting line against them north texas mean greenies (3-7)

is gabe blair gonna enter the transfer portal & reconnect with coach bloesch at the university of calveston?

Shocky1

nedbank south africa open: 3rd round update

despite a balky putter max homa played a chunk & run eagle from a waste area on the par 5 10th hole to shoot a 69 and at 13 under par got a 1 one stroke lead heading into sunday's final round

on a tight gary player design with water & native grasses lurking on almost every hole, homa's highly disciplined course management has resulted in only 2 bogeys thru the first 54 holes

colin won in japan a couple of weeks ago, can max avoid any rhino mistakes to win in south africa?

https://instagr.am/p/Cpm1xo2oO4o

AZ Bear
Shocky, I appreciate the observations on our players. Keep it up as you get more data points. Don't forget Grant Newell, who was pretty quiet last night but should add some big contributions over the course of the year.

The team definitely needs a change in defensive scheme and some time to become more cohesive. Too bad we couldn't squeeze out a win against UoP even when we didn't play our best. I expected we'd be able to experiment a bit last night and still have enough to get the W. So this is a bump in the road....hey, aren't you always saying life is linear? Or do I have that wrong? (I'll go back through the Monster thread and figure that out).

Side note: I wish we'd had Mike Meadows last night. Having another instant offense guy might have really helped in the last 10 minutes last night when we were struggling (even though our bigger problem was probably on the defensive end).

I'm glad you had a great time last night between the game and all the peripheral game night activities. We need to regain our momentum and keep the fan base excited.
Shocky1
hey zony, wanted last nite's recap to convey a positive tone but the reality is that this collection of talent is not fundamentally sound defensively yet: fardaws lacks the lateral footspeed to defend against drives to the rim & there wuz no backside help when he wuz burned...jalen cone & devin askew are very slow in recognizing & closing out on 3 point shooters which is surprising given their experience levels...thus it's perhaps not surprising that coach madsen did not invoke any press schemes in the backcourt...and perhaps most importantly the defensive energy wuz not there, other than jaylon tatum playing like an alpha predator his teammates got out hustled by the tigers

defensive intensity under coach montgomery & coach martin won a lotta games, mark is an exceptional coach that relates well to his players so ima very optimistic that the d will reflect his exuberant personality, the question is when?

grant newell had a large brace on his leg, clearly he's not 100% yet physically but he's got a lotta upside as u point out

the real story last nite wuz that the reported attendance at haas on a friday nite wuz on a beautiful fall evening in the bay wuz only 3195...yeah knowlton's unilateral decision to extend the unlikeable fox another year on his contract only to buy him out after a 3-28 season deeply eroded the fanbase which had been built up during by cal's monster class...and markeisha's obstinate failure to offer all students FREE tixs is just dumb as ****, a really odd metric re: last nite's attendance of 3195 is that 90% of the crowd wuz either old blues over 50 years of age or students under 21...that's a disturbingly scary azz trend

cal basketball is not reaching those between 21-50 or those without a berkeley academic affiliation which is really a marketing/selling tixs blunder at the #1 public university in the world that should be inclusively marketing to a bay area fanbase that loves the game of basketball & that is financially priced out of golden state warrior tixs...and this board's premium basketball discussions & near zero recruiting info that can be read by prospects & their families, coaches & friends are hindering the upward energy/trajectory of the program

knowlton glad handed for a couple of minutes before tipoff & then left haas, wut athletic director in the united states of america honestly would not watch the whole game???...answer: the con artist

lastly spoke to the bears largest whale donor, lisa & doug goldman (levi strauss family)...asked him if he's on board with a lead donation for the basketball practice facility (during the monster era the goldmans had $10,000,000+ as a lead donation)...doug just looked at me & shook his head, tole me that project is not gonna move forward anytime soon

yeah the bull**** coming out of colorado springs in knowlton notes lacks vision, substance & transparent honesty

but don't worry, ur not gonna read any of this anywhere else, wut me worry?

https://instagr.am/p/CtZ4RJqOWGu
harebear
Hey Shocky, one point of correction: I saw Knowlton standing near where I was sitting and it was late in the 4th quarter so he didn't leave the game early. I do notice that he doesn't usually look happy or animated at games. (Aren't sports supposed to be fun and aren't you supposed to ride the wave of good and bad plays?...Or are you supposed to look enervated and saturnine?)

Chancellor Christ was also at the game because I saw her walking out afterwards (after agreeing to take a selfie with a student) while I was literally trying to get someone (Bearwalk) to walk me to my car (no I was not fired from being a fan, it was just very late and somehow the close spots where I was supposed to park were oversold or something). Luckily two Haas grads who were parked in the same lot saw me and I was able to walk with them!

Sports is fun and this is the kind of energy we should see from our administrators and everyone who goes to games!
Big C
harebear said:

Hey Shocky, one point of correction: I saw Knowlton standing near where I was sitting and it was late in the 4th quarter so he didn't leave the game early. I do notice that he doesn't usually look happy or animated at games. (Aren't sports supposed to be fun and aren't you supposed to ride the wave of good and bad plays?...Or are you supposed to look enervated and saturnine?)

Chancellor Christ was also at the game because I saw her walking out afterwards (after agreeing to take a selfie with a student) while I was literally trying to get someone (Bearwalk) to walk me to my car (no I was not fired from being a fan, it was just very late and somehow the close spots where I was supposed to park were oversold or something). Luckily two Haas grads who were parked in the same lot saw me and I was able to walk with them!

Sports is fun and this is the kind of energy we should see from our administrators and everyone who goes to games!

Yeah, Knowlton was in the NE corner towards the end of the game... seemingly not cheering for Cal.

Shocky, did Tyson pretty much land at your feet on that dive? Hope he gets all better and soon.

Team needs some work. Things will get better and some time after they do, more fans will start showing up.
KenBurnski
Congratulations to Fernando Mendoza for picking up his first dub as a college QB. Love his approach to the game on and off the field.
89Bear
KenBurnski said:

Congratulations to Fernando Mendoza for picking up his first dub as a college QB. Love his approach to the game on and off the field.
REALLY want to congratulate him on his first Big Game win next!!!
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CzhuQmDpgVu
the greatest sports chant on planet earth (this **** gives me shivers)#
Shocky1
hare, i stand corrected re: knowlton not departing the basketball game before it's conclusion

glad u got safely walked to ur car, when shocky gets walked to his car he's always asking can we please be absolutely sure?

benji is smart, doggys don't got no cars#

Shocky1
big c, yeah tyson wuz the only bear playing like his ******* hair wuz on fire diving for loose balls

view to a kill#

https://instagr.am/p/BOTs5_CAt5s
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CzhZzh2y-Ej
cal's monster class fun facts:

*****brian driscoll is arguably the greatest touchdown scoring machine in the history of cal's monster offensive line & also a brilliant band conductor...driscoll has moved his attitude from la jolla to national city during the last year of development with coach bloesch...brian is the key to the continued upward trajectory of the trench workers & his dad tole me today that his son is gonna apply to law school & take the lsat this spring...it's possible he may go to law school next fall which means this could potentially be his final season of football...mr driscoll emphasized that brian will not enter the transfer portal, he will either play for them california golden bears or retire from football...if u tole me bd is gonna be an executive producer someday of the oscar winning star wars: return to barbieland i would believe in u

*****kaleb elarms orr & cade uluave are gonna both be 1st team all acc defensive standouts in 2024...bet

*****1000+ yard rusher jaydn ott got a 4.0 gpa last semester & his plan is to return to the cal football program in 2024 for his final year of college eligibility, this remarkable young man intends to earn his berkeley degreee in 3 years

*****outside linebacker myles jernigan is injured & done for the 2023 season

*****walked by sam jackson on crutches during the pre game warm ups, he's done for 2023 as is walk on qb tyler jensen who just left the football program, it's not clear whose gonna back up ben finley...let's not find out, ok?

*****coach sirmon innovatively played breakout apex predator edge defender david reese standing/lining up over the cougs center during his 4th quarter explosive passing rushes

*****coach madsen & the staff identified this morning 2 areas of focus moving forward: the lack of hydration resulted in the cramping of several players including alpha male jaylon tyson, this will be addressed moving forward

*****the other area of basketball focus is body language, last season's 3-29 fiasco scarred a couple of the returners & when the tigers went on a run last nite their body language got a kinda defeated vibe, that **** will be problem solved by maddog

*****coach madsen is supportive of all berkeley students getting FREE tickets to all basketball games, mark is also in favor of building more student seating in the walkways to the donor club room...when knowlton is asked about this he apparently just speaks in his usual worthless bureaucratic do nothing speech

*****coach walter chun signed 2 promising recruits this week including the #16 ranked junior player in the world ziqin zhou

*****the bears need the critical 2024 4th out of conference game to be a comfortable win to ensure bowl elgilbity during our 1st season in the acc...unfortunately our clueless as **** athletic director is sitting on signed contracts to schedule oregon state & washington state moving forward which will not happen until they drop their lawsuits with the departing pac 12 schools...james arthur knowlton does not get it & his continued efforts to wreak havoc with the revenue sports is unparalleled, he does not understand the value of the sec a-c-c-d scheduling

*****coach wilcox met with a potential $1,000,000+ nil donor before the game

HoopDreams
1000 yard man

[url=https://www.instagram.com/reel/Czh64C8r9Fi/] [/url]

Shocky1

them arizona state sun devils (3-7) stripper poled 17-7 the broken down sorry azz ucla bruins (6-4) at the rose bowl

baller j mike went off again for a dynamic 1 catch for 4 yards

pitch ur forks up (at modern yoga)#
Shocky1
the pissed off #12 ranked oregon state beavers (8-2) fuscia thonged 62-17 the high gpa stanford cardinals (8-2) in the charming truck stop town of corvallis...the beavs damned the cards for 598 yards of offense before backing off with their scout teasers

if knowlton signs a contract for a game with oregon state in 2024 as outlined in the monster fun facts post above, we r ****** but then maybe that will be the final straw before the bearinsider.com takes a stand against the con artist
Shocky1
the nation's most overrated school (that got varsity blues for country clubbers) usc trojans (7-4) lost

it really don't matter what wut the score, who they played or really anything...once again the trojans lost

not so fun fact: jaydn ott wanted to play the 4th quarter of the game at memorial stadium but the team doctor would not let him return (this is not a criticism of the team doc, football is a violent sport & one of the reasons the monster got zero ******* interest in the nfl is because ex players r often mentally & physically damaged goods after their football days r over which affects not only them but also their families which gotta deal with their ****)
Shocky1
the colorado buffaloes (4-6) got mountain rockied 34-31 by them low gpa arizona wildcats (7-3) in a battle of the 2024 big 12 truck stop skools preview game

yeah prime time is cancer for college football, he don't care about the academic goals or future fallout from him running off 90% of the buffs scholly student athletes

can't wait for the acc in 2024 (adios pac 12, cal should not schedule osu or wsu in the future)#
Shocky1

out of africa (max at 18 under par with a 2 stoke lead heading into the final round back nine)#
Shocky1

homa nation (includes africa)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CzVWbt-s4lK
https://instagr.am/p/xCSBNphHVZ

out of africa (sure as kilimanjaro rises like olympus above the seregenti)#

congrats max on winning at an unreal 19 under par with a local whisper rock caddie & wearing for all 4 days wrinkly azz pants and an ugly azz masters card logo...fashion matters, homa

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the beautiful continent of africa)
Shocky1

true freshman lead singer cade uluave#
82gradDLSdad
Shocky1 said:

the nation's most overrated school (that got varsity blues for country clubbers) usc trojans (7-4) lost

it really don't matter what wut the score, who they played or really anything...once again the trojans lost

not so fun fact: jaydn ott wanted to play the 4th quarter of the game at memorial stadium but the team doctor would not let him return (this is not a criticism of the team doc, football is a violent sport & one of the reasons the monster got zero ******* interest in the nfl is because ex players r often mentally & physically damaged goods after their football days r over which affects not only them but also their families which gotta deal with their ****)

The NFL definitely takes a physical and mental toll on the players. My neuropsychologist friend, retired, now only does baseline mental tests on ex NFL players. I took the test as part of my post seizure checkup. It's made up of relatively simple questions and exercises that we all normally do worse at as we age. I scored in the normal range for a 64 year old. Which was good as my seizures had wiped out a few years of being able to build memories. My friend said that almost every ex NFLer shows significant mental capacity degradation that only gets worse.. Football players certainly pay a price for being great.
rush the field
Shocky,

Any insights on players with eligibility, other than Driscoll, that decided to walk with the seniors?

As to your question on who would back up Finley in a doomsday scenario. Not sure, but on the telecast it showed Brady Weingart suited up and huddling with Mendoza and Finley on the sideline.

Gracias for your updates and Go Bears!
Shocky1

rushsamscafe, appreciate the heads up re: stinson beach high school's brady weingert on the sidelines... brady is not a dumb azz, he got a 4.1 gpa...as u know the cal "official" depth charts r often written on clown paper with intentionally not accurate game week misinformation

with 13 current high school commits plus 2 & maybe 3 (starting kicker walk on mateen bhaghani from legoland high school has been nails this season, in speaking with his parents last evening at the oakland airport their son is thriving in berkeley plus he got good hair) well deserved schollys for jack endries & trond grizzell at this exact moment the bears need at least 15-16 new schollys (this # will be bumped up for targeted transfer targets when the portal reopens on december 4th)

there's only 10 scholly seniors (listed here: https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/110786/174) that are outta eligibility so there's already a growing list of guys with remaining eligibility for next season that will not be returning for the 2024 acc season...with still 2 critical games against stanford & ucla and potentially a bowl game, now is NOT the time to share some of the names who will be moving on (either retiring from football, taking a medical retirement or entering the transfer portal)

the future potential law school plans of brian driscoll are mentioned here because coach bloesch 100% wants his leader of cal's monster offensive line to return in 2024 as he also does with tj sessions who also walked yesterday

from a 2024 high school recruiting standpoint the bears are still looking to target apex predator edge defender salesi manu (his hs teammate sioape vatikani hosted him on his official visit to cal) & kalolo ta'aga (riordan lost to los gatos in the playoffs friday nite, he didn't take an official visit to berkeley as originally planned for this weekend) for cal's monster offensive line

yeah scholly roster management math is fun

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including stinson beach & legoland high schools)
Shocky1
82, hope ur taking of the only body ur gonna get & got a 32 oz green drink today
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CzjOqu9Mvx2
this **** is getting live (under the south africa sun, let's roll baby, do u got ur passport?)#
AZ Bear
Shocky, good points about Cal's current defensive shortcomings....I agree that a key to the season will be how much Mad Dog can coach up defensive recognition and also the extent to which he can get the Bears to up the defensive intensity.

Interesting tidbit from Doug Goldman. Disappointing to hear, but maybe some success on the court and some infectious Madson enthusiasm will convince our generous megadonors that now is the time to move this progeam up a couple levels.

Lastly, the most interesting thing I learned from your response came from the Mad magazine cover you posted; 1) Longtime Mad magazine cartoonist Al Jaffee passed away this year; 2) Al Jaffee was still alive during the early part of 2023; 3) Al Jaffee lived to be 102 years old. Wow, that's some longevity.
HoopDreams
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CzhZzh2y-Ej
cal's monster class fun facts:

*****brian driscoll is arguably the greatest touchdown scoring machine in the history of cal's monster offensive line & also a brilliant band conductor...driscoll has moved his attitude from la jolla to national city during the last year of development with coach bloesch...brian is the key to the continued upward trajectory of the trench workers & his dad tole me today that his son is gonna apply to law school & take the lsat this spring...it's possible he may go to law school next fall which means this could potentially be his final season of football...mr driscoll emphasized that brian will not enter the transfer portal, he will either play for them california golden bears or retire from football...if u tole me bd is gonna be an executive producer someday of the oscar winning star wars: return to barbieland i would believe in u
NEWS FLASH ... this is Brian Driscoll's wearing the swag, and explains this is his 2ND Career Touchdown:

Shocky says:
*****coach madsen ... is also in favor of building more student seating in the walkways to the donor club room...

Econ141

sycasey
Econ141 said:

I remember Aaron Rodgers doing this for Marshawn Lynch en route to a massive TD run in 2004.

Man, the teams we used to have.
89Bear
The Big Game screams out for a player like Fernando!!! Emotion, tradition, keep the damn axe. Let's go!!!
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CEhVsAXgHo5
cal's monster class MVP of the washington state victory award:

congrats to floridian david reese on his breakout violent alpha predator edge defender masterpiece at memorial stadium against the cougs with 3 sacks for a game changing 37 yards among his 6 tackles & a critical knocked down pass when he high football iq inserted himself in the passing lane

and kudos to coach sirmon for innovatively scheming reese standing/lining up over the center in passing situations

cannot wait to see wut's up for david in palo alto in the big game next weekend

the florida project (one of shocky's most beloved movies of all time, he's a candy azz soft crybaby)#
First Page Last Page
Page 176 of 294

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.