cal's monster offensive line

1,817,899 Views | 11115 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
good luck to collin gamble (a proud university of calveston grad from flower mound texas) on entering the grad transfer portal...congrats on earning that berkeley degree

the staff is meeting with every player this week post spring ball to give a honest assessment of future playing time, the truth is that the bears gotta lotta SPEED in the defense backfield heading into the 2024 acc season & gamble wuz not projected in the 2 deeps

https://instagr.am/p/C6CTZhVSnyn
a berkeley degree is a beautiful thing in life's journey (dropping out is a dumb decision)#
AZ Bear
Gamble is a decent player and would have provided quality depth. That said, our depth in the secondary is good even without Gamble (assuming Hearns stays).

As Shocky points out, it's likely that the coaching staff told Gamble that his prospects for significant playing time were somewhat slim barring injury, so my take is that this bodes well for how ready the staff see our incoming DBs are, in terms of contributing immediately.

Importantly, we need scholarships if we are going to sign any more portal players this cycle (a pass rushing DE or OLB, please). In fact, unless I'm mistaken we need Gamble's scholarship just to make room for Braden Miller.

I perused the roster and came up with a handful of guys who I would not be surprised if they entered the portal. I won't name them out of respect for our loyal Bears, but Gamble was not one of them. If a few guys who would be better football fits at a lower program get swapped out for a few more key portal adds, I will be happy.

2024 is a key season for the Bears -- we need to make an impact in the ACC!
6956bear
AZ Bear said:

Gamble is a decent player and would have provided quality depth. That said, our depth in the secondary is good even without Gamble (assuming Hearns stays).

As Shocky points out, it's likely that the coaching staff told Gamble that his prospects for significant playing time were somewhat slim barring injury, so my take is that this bodes well for how ready the staff see our incoming DBs are, in terms of contributing immediately.

Importantly, we need scholarships if we are going to sign any more portal players this cycle (a pass rushing DE or OLB, please). In fact, unless I'm mistaken we need Gamble's scholarship just to make room for Braden Miller.

I perused the roster and came up with a handfuls of guys who I would not be surprised if they entered the portal. I won't name them out of respect for our loyal Bears, but Gamble was not one of them. If a few guys who would be better football fits at a lower program get swapped out for a few more key portal adds, I will be happy.

That is the key. Net overall improvement. I agree on not naming names. But the program needs some space to add. Could be some interesting names in the portal before the window closes. And after for those that are grads.
SBGold
6956bear said:

AZ Bear said:

I perused the roster and came up with a handfuls of guys who I would not be surprised if they entered the portal. I won't name them out of respect for our loyal Bears, but Gamble was not one of them. If a few guys who would be better football fits at a lower program get swapped out for a few more key portal adds, I will be happy.

That is the key. Net overall improvement. I agree on not naming names. But the program needs some space to add. Could be some interesting names in the portal before the window closes. And after for those that are grads.
I went to the Cal practice last Friday and I thought Gamble played pretty well. Sad to see this result
Big C
SBGold said:

6956bear said:

AZ Bear said:

I went to the Cal practice last Friday and I thought Gamble played pretty well. Sad to see this result

Gamble, when healthy, was a pretty decent player. Reasonably fast and also fairly hard-hitting. Best of luck to the grad.
Shocky1
collin earned a berkeley degree in american studies, as is the case with all university of calveston grads mr gamble & his family/friends are invited to all of shocky's inclusive FREE pregame tailgate parties at buc-ee's this fall if it don't conflict with his new school's football games or something

https://instagr.am/p/C58YjLPALiy
Shocky1
alani makihele commits to ucla, gonna ride with femi & j mike on a probable 8+ loss bruins team this fall in the big 10

8 clap (kinda sounds like a non treatable std or something)#
Shocky1

2024 scholly roster departures: 38 bears moving on

matthew cindric, center...out of eligibility...berkeley degrees w/haas biz school & masters education
barrett miller, tackle...out of eligibility...stanford engineering degree & berkeley cert program
isaiah ifanse, running back...out of eligibility...berkeley cert program
monroe young, wide receiver...out of eligibility...berkeley degree
brian hightower, wide receiver...out of eligibility...berkeley cert program
darius long jr, defensive tackle...out of eligibility...berkeley degree
jackson sirmon, inside linebacker...out of eligibility...berkeley haas global grad program
patrick mcmorris, safety...out of eligibility...berkeley cert program
raymond woodie iii, safety...grad transfer portal to bethune cookman...berkeley degree
ben finley, quarterback...grad transfer portal to akron...berkeley cert program
tyson mcwilliams, cornerback...grad transfer portal to uc davis...berkeley degree
brayden rohme, offensive tackle...grad transfer portal to massachusetts...berkeley degree

kaleb elarms-orr, inside linebacker...transfer portal to tcu...no berkeley degree
everett johnson, offensive tackle...grad transfer portal to montana...berkeley degree
blake antzoulatos, inside linebacker...grad transfer portal...berkeley degree
king doerue, running back...football retirement...purdue degree
jeremiah earby, cornerback...transfer portal to boise state...no berkeley degree
sam jackson v, quarterback...transfer portal to auburn...no berkeley degree
taj davis, wide receiver...football retirement...washington degree
michael luckhurst, kicker...will not be on scholly in 2024...pursuing berkeley degree
muelu iosefa, inside linebacker...football retirement...no berkeley degree
moso'oipala "nunie" tuitele, te/olb...transfer portal to new mexico..no berkeley degree
jeremiah hunter, wide receiver...grad transfer portal to washington...berkeley degree
asher alberding, tight end...football retirement...berkeley haas global access program
dejuan butler, defensive back...grad transfer portal...berkeley degree
sailasa "sai" vadrawale, defensive back...transfer portal to oregon state...no berkeley degree
andy alfieri, fullback/linebacker...grad transfer portal (portland state lean)...berkeley degree
brian driscoll, offensive lineman...football retirement...berkeley degree
brett johnson, defensive lineman...football retirement...berkeley degree
jaedon roberts, defensive lineman...football retirement...berkeley degree
mason mangum, wide receiver...grad transfer portal...berkeley degree
isaiah young, defensive back...football retirement...berkeley degree
myles jernigan, linebacker...grad transfer portal to louisville...berkeley degree
collin gamble, defensive back...grad transfer portal...berkeley degree
ender aguilar, offensive lineman...grad transfer portal...berkeley degree
marquis montgomery, wide receiver...transfer portal...no berkeley degree
martin tine, offensive lineman...transfer portal...no berkeley degree
kaylin moore, defensive back...transfer portal...no berkeley degree

2023 scholly roster departures: 36 bears moved on

daniel scott, safety...out of eligibility, nfl indianapolis colts
odua isibor, edge defender...out of eligiblity
jamieson sheahan, punter...out of eligilbity
darius long jr, defensive line...walk on final semester
kyle smith, inside linebacker...portal as grad transfer
ryan puskas, inside linebacker...portal as grad transfer
orin patu, edge defender...grad transfer to arizona & bethune cookman
patrick histake, edge defender...portal to hawaii...no berkeley degree
henry ikahihifo, outside linebacker...portal to nevada...no berkeley degree
braxton croteau, outside linebacker...medical retirement
femi oladejo, linebacker...portal to ucla...no berkeley degree
trey paster, linebacker...grad transfer to colorado state & bethune cookman
fatu iosefa, safety...portal to san mateo community college...no berkeley degree
kaleb higgins, corner back...portal to sacramento state...no berkeley degree
ben coleman, guard...grad transfer to asu
spencer lovell, guard...grad transfer to kansas & nevada
ryan lange, guard...football retirement
jackson brown, tackle..portal to pitt...no berkeley degree
jake muller, tight end...football retirement
elijah mojarro, tight end...grad transfer to nevada & rice
nick alftin, tight end...portal as grad transfer
keleki latu, tight end...portal to nevada...no berkeley degree
jermaine terry, tight end...portal to oregon state...no berkeley degree
j michael sturdivant, wide receiver...portal to ucla...no berkeley degree
justin richard baker, wide receiver...medical retirement
tommy christakos, wide receiver...medical retirement
aiden lee, wide receiver...portal to garden city community college & minot state...no berkeley degree
ashton hayes, running back...portal to nevada...no berkeley degree
chris street, running back...portal to utah tech...no berkeley degree
damien moore, running back...portal to fresno state...no berkeley degree
decarlos brooks, running back...grad transfer to asu
slater zellers, longsnapper...grad transfer to asu
dario longhetto, kicker...grad transfer to asu
jack plummer, quarterback...grad transfer to louisville
kai milner, quarterback...portal to northern arizona...no berkeley degree
zach johnson, quarterback...portal as grad transfer

Shocky1

^ check carefully (any player updates/corrections appreciated) the destinations of former california golden bears entering the portal, for many of these young men particularly those who enter the portal as a grad transfer it's basically kinda like stepping into a pothole that ends one's football career

but those odds don't apply to berkeley grad myles jernigan

Shocky1

apparently new assistant director of player personnel/former arizona wildcat marcus griffin is NOT aware of the university of calveston's exclusive branding relationship with buc-ee's for the 2024 atlantic coast conference football season this fall...sorry marcus, attending pool parties in tuscon is not the pathway to building generational wealth like a berkeley degree, got it?...yeah bear down amigo

https://instagr.am/p/BOTs5_CAt5s
mg+waffle house=recruiting energy (building relationships)#
Shocky1
2024 new schollys: right now there are 37 NEW scholly additions

jasiah wagoner, corner/nickel back (3.25 gpa)
tj bollers, defensive edge defender (4.0 gpa)
corey dyches, hybrid tight end/wide receiver (3.1 gpa)
braden miller, offensive tackle (4.0 gpa)
liam johnson, inside linebacker (3.36 gpa at princeton)
khamani hudson, cornerback (3.5 gpa)
bobby engstler, punter/kicker (3.72 gpa)
jonathan "gameday" brady, wide receiver (3.2 gpa)
mikey miller, wide receiver (3.8 gpa)
victor stoffel, offensive tackle (motivated student in sweden)
kadarius calloway, running back (3.0+ gpa)
ryan coe, kicker (3.5 gpa)
tobias merriweather, wide receiver (3.6 gpa)
ja'ir smith, defensive back (3.0+ gpa)
syris corley, offensive line (3.0 gpa)
rush reimer, offensive line (3.3 gpa)
marcus harris, defensive back (3.2 gpa)
aidan keanaaina, defensive tackle (4.0 gpa)
aiden newbill, offensive line (3.72 gpa)
isaiah crosby, safety (3.0+ gpa)
luke ferrelli, inside linebacker (4.0 gpa)
chandler rogers, quarterback (3.3 gpa)
teddye buchanan, inside linebacker (3.5 gpa)
josiah martin, wide receiver (3.5 gpa)
jack endries, tight end (3.83 gpa)
trond grizzell, wide receiver (3.8 gpa)
bj canady, defensive tackle (3.91 gpa)
legend journey, apex predator edge defender (3.3 gpa)
ej caminong, quarterback (3.5 gpa)
dayton "dayday" aupiu, defensive back (3.51 gpa)
jamaal wiley, running back (3.0+ gpa)
trevor rogers, wide receiver (3.5 gpa)
michael-anthony okwura, defensive lineman (3.4 gpa)
eze osondu, inside linebacker (3.5 gpa)
brookyln cheek, defensive back (3.0+ gpa)
camden jones, tight end (3.0+ gpa)
tyler knape, offensive line (3.8 gpa)

2024 scholly roster departures: right now there are 38 PUBLIC departing bears

matthew cindric, center...out of eligibility...berkeley degrees w/haas biz school & masters education
barrett miller, tackle...out of eligibility...stanford engineering degree & berkeley cert program
isaiah ifanse, running back...out of eligibility...berkeley cert program
monroe young, wide receiver...out of eligibility...berkeley degree
brian hightower, wide receiver...out of eligibility...berkeley cert program
darius long jr, defensive tackle...out of eligibility...berkeley degree
jackson sirmon, inside linebacker...out of eligibility...berkeley haas global access program
patrick mcmorris, safety...out of eligibility...berkeley cert program
raymond woodie, safety, grad transfer portal to bethune-cookman...berkeley degree
ben finley, quarterback...grad transfer portal to akron...berkeley cert program
tyson mcwilliams, cornerback...grad transfer portal to uc davis...berkeley degree
brayden rohme, offensive tackle...grad transfer portal to massachusetts...berkeley degree
kaleb elarms-orr, inside linebacker...transfer portal to tcu...no berkeley degree
everett johnson, offensive tackle...grad transfer portal to montana...berkeley degree
blake antzoulatos, inside linebacker...grad transfer portal...berkeley degree
king doerue, running back...football retirement...purdue degree
jeremiah earby, cornerback...transfer portal to boise state...no berkeley degree
sam jackson v, quarterback...transfer portal to auburn...no berkeley degree
taj davis, wide receiver...no longer with program...washington degree
michael luckhurst, kicker...will not be on scholly in 2024...pursuing berkeley degree
muelu iosefa, inside linebacker...football retirement...no berkeley degree
moso'oipala "nunie" tuitele, te/olb...transfer portal to new mexico..no berkeley degree
jeremiah hunter, wide receiver...grad transfer portal to washington...berkeley degree
asher alberding, tight end...football retirement...berkeley haas global access program
dejuan butler, defensive back...grad transfer portal...berkeley degree
sailasa "sai" vadrawale, defensive back...transfer portal to oregon state...no berkeley degree
andy alfieri, fullback/linebacker...grad transfer portal...berkeley degree
brian driscoll, offensive lineman...football retirement...berkeley degree
brett johnson, defensive lineman...football retirement...berkeley degree
jaedon roberts, defensive lineman...football retirement...berkeley degree
mason mangum, wide receiver...focusing on track this spring/grad transfer portal...berkeley degree
isaiah young, defensive back...football retirement...berkeley degree
myles jernigan, linebacker...grad transfer portal to louisville...berkeley degree
collin gamble, defensive back...grad transfer portal...berkeley degree
ender aguilar, offensive lineman...grad transfer portal...berkeley degree
marquis montgomery, wide receiver...transfer portal...no berkeley degree
martin tine, offensive lineman...transfer portal...no berkeley degree
kaylin moore, defensive back...transfer portaal...no berkeley degree

scholly roster math NOT in equilibrium right now (37 in/38 out/85 schollys)#
Shocky1

https://instagr.am/p/CtX_vLaOsE3
https://instagr.am/p/C43oiqAMmh0
eze dance like he in a hula hoop contest or something#
Shocky1

pga tour indoor golf league update: max homa will be on the same team with his childhood hero tiger

shocky don't got no good maps, didn't realize scottsdale is in jupiter (and not uranus)

dreams come true (with cal, stanford & ivy league degrees, don't be a dumb azz)#
Pittstop
Shocky1 said:

^ check carefully (any player updates/corrections appreciated) the destinations of former california golden bears entering the portal, for many of these young men particularly those who enter the portal as a grad transfer it's basically kinda like stepping into a pothole that ends one's football career

but those odds don't apply to berkeley grad myles jernigan

Couldn't get into his preferred grad school program at Cal, or somehow was not projected on the 2-deep?
Shocky1
pitts, spoke to myles's dad on the field pregame on grad day last season & it wuz apparent to me by his kinda evasive (which is understandable in that it wuz stilll in season) answers re: his son's future that a decision had been already made at that time to pursue a starting opportunity elsewhere after myles' berkeley graduation with a degree in the highly marketable data sciences

with 16 starts at outside linebacker for the bears jernigan is a talented player that deserves an opportunity to start for his final year of college eligibility with his berkeley degree already in hand, the truth is that he wuz not gonna beat out david reese or the x man as a starter at olb...getting into a berkeley grad school wuz not a factor in this football related decision, if the duke offer is an actionable offer really hoping myles adds another academic commitment on his official visit to chapel hill later this week to his already impressive resume while also battling in the sec

meanwhile, depth beyond the high upside ryan mcculloch at outside linebacker is the #1 roster construction issue facing the cal football program right now...
Econ141

Also, looks like Aguilar from the OL entered the portal.
Give to Cal Legends!

https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
Pittstop
Shocky1 said:

pitts, spoke to myles's dad on the field pregame on grad day last season & it wuz apparent to me by his kinda evasive (which is understandable in that it wuz stilll in season) answers re: his son's future that a decision had been already made at that time to pursue a starting opportunity elsewhere after myles' berkeley graduation with a degree in the highly marketable data sciences

with 16 starts at outside linebacker for the bears jernigan is a talented player that deserves an opportunity to start for his final year of college eligibility with his berkeley degree already in hand, the truth is that he wuz not gonna beat out david reese or the x man as a starter at olb...getting into a berkeley grad school wuz not a factor in this football related decision, if the duke offer is an actionable offer really hoping myles adds another academic commitment on his official visit to chapel hill later this week to his already impressive resume while also battling in the sec

meanwhile, depth beyond the high upside ryan mcculloch at outside linebacker is the #1 issue facing the cal football program right now...

Cool. But isn't Duke in the ACC, with Cal? If Myles goes to Duke would he be our AAC rival? Which would also be cool.
Shocky1
^ myles got 1 year of remaining eligibility, duke is not on cal's schedule this fall plus his other finalists r mediocre academic football programs

dukies for jernigan#

Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/C3Oyx7PL5bT
good luck to data science major berkeley grad ender aguilar as he enters the portal as a grad transfer after his conversation with coach bloesch re: the 2 deeps heading into this fall

the 2 departure lists above will be updated for aguilar's grad transfer portal decision

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (don't be a dumb azz when exploring new places on planet earth)
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CVBs94HvMHE
coach walter chun has set his 6 player (top 5 scores each round as counters) starting line up for the 72 hole final pac 12 championship evah this friday thru sunday at my beloved desert forest golf club in carefree:

1. sampson zheng
2. eric lee
3. ethan fang
4. aaron du
5. tony chen
6. nathan wang

shocky wishes he could be there which is 15 minutes from his north scottsdale tree fort & also get to tempe to watch his favorite softball player alyssa herrera do her thing against them sun devils this weekend but he's gonna be visiting his daughter taylor in new york city (broadway show, multiple planned new dining spots a day & walking 10+ miles daily thru gotham city)

https://instagr.am/p/CxYQ4owMdEW

fun azz springtime weekend in the desert (and the monster not around, boo hoo, carry on mg)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

2025 6'3" 275 lbs defensive tackle carmelo brooks paetow high school in katy texas is gonna officially trip to the left coast on june 20th-23rd

brooks is a physical high motor defender that attacks ball carriers with a relentless passion, this is the type of hard azz texas high school football that the university of calveston is seeking for it's 2025 monster class

carmello is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.6 gpa & visited duke last weekend

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (for those that wanna build generational wealth thru nfl development with coach browning & hard work in the classrooms of berkeley)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
Shocky1

2025 6'3" 290 lbs defensive tackle all american from powerhouse guyer high school in denton texas

the university of calveston (is a real thing, just ask josiah martin & megan thee stallion)#
Shocky1
cal basketball update: the bears are accumulating a lotta mid major level guys that got some upside but not the explosive talent level to realistically compete in the upper half of the acc this winter...need impact starters including aidan mahaney from caldecott tunnel high school who is on an official visit to creighton right now

this is not cal's monster class#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Cw6EPPXrIrr
miami recruiting update: former oregon state all american running back damien martinez is taking an official visit to south beach this weekend, the premier home game on the bears schedule is the saturday october 5th against them hurricanes at memorial stadium against the canes qb1 washington state transfer cameron ward

do u go ur season tix(s)? (for the most critical season is the history of the cal football program)#
Shocky1

creating separation wins football games#
WalterSobchak
Creating separation is great. Catching balls that hit you in the hands is even better.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/calegendsdonate/donate-football/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 10% of alumni to give $300 per year. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear

Thanks for reading my sig! Please consider copying or adapting it and using it on all of your posts too. Go Bears!
Shocky1
^ agreed but tired of the tall slow as **** wr toler room of "big catch radius" wideouts that can't create separation (and that don't block either)

would also point out that the db is clearly holding marquez's right forearm while the ref is jumping on his imaginary pogo stick in the background stead of throwing a yellow flag
Shocky1

where's the knowlton promised calimony (or the promised basketball practice facility)?#
WalterSobchak
Shocky1 said:

^ agreed but tired of the tall slow as **** wr toler room of "big catch radius" wideouts that can't create separation (and that don't block either)

would also point out that the db is clearly holding marquez's right forearm while the ref is jumping on his imaginary pogo stick in the background stead of throwing a yellow flag
This play might have warranted a flag. The tipped INT that should've been a TD did not.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/calegendsdonate/donate-football/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 10% of alumni to give $300 per year. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear

Thanks for reading my sig! Please consider copying or adapting it and using it on all of your posts too. Go Bears!
Shocky1
"might have?"

dude is holding marquez's forearm, the monster will give u 5 bucks if u can make 5 15 inch putts with someone holding ur forearm, ok?

WalterSobchak
Shocky1 said:

"might have?"

dude is holding marquez's forearm, the monster will give u 5 bucks if u can make 5 15 inch putts with someone holding ur forearm, ok?

You can watch the play here at 30:23. There's a replay from almost exactly the same angle this photo is taken. There's barely any contact, and no pull down on the arm. Multiple officials looking right at it didn't throw a flag. I don't think that would change in a real game, and relying on that kind of thing doesn't move us forward to where we need to be IMO, ok?

Shocky1
gotta be honest with u walter, if ima gonna hold someone marquez aka the dortchure chamber would NOT be in my top 100,000+ choices, ok?

https://instagr.am/p/C6CPesPyvuV
don't be a dumb azz (better to palm a tight azz, don't forget ponytails r triggering)#
WalterSobchak
The crazy thing is he makes a great catch radius play at 23:25 and for whatever reason they chose to highlight a drop instead. Maybe nobody took a pic of the catch? Who knows.

wifeisafurd
Shocky1 said:

pga tour indoor golf league update: max homa will be on the same team with his childhood hero tiger

shocky don't got no good maps, didn't realize scottsdale is in jupiter (and not uranus)

dreams come true (with cal, stanford & ivy league degrees, don't be a dumb azz)#
Jupiter seems to be the center of the professional golf world these days.
Shocky1
^ wifey, i would take the north scottsdale trio of max homa, jon rahm & tony finau in a match against jupiter's finest trio

https://instagr.am/p/CcOgW04vwXG
plus modern yoga is just down the street & jj's deli got good egg salad sandwiches on sourdough but sadly no miso soup, next time the meal (buc-ees?) is on me

https://instagr.am/p/Ce68RmyvS3V
cal is a golf school (thx to u & marie)#
First Page Last Page
Page 254 of 318

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.