Hey Dodgers Fans

983,172 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by MiZery
pingpong2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
grandmastapoop;842183667 said:

Both sides have terrible fans. There is no doubt about that.

I do think the Stow incident is different - because, from what I know, Stow was attacked basically unprovoked. The story last night was a fight between two groups. I am not remotely absolving the Giants fan who pulled out a knife, but the situations are not quite the same.

Edit: I re-read what you wrote. I think I misread the first time - yes, the Stow incident was because of two idiots and criminals, not because of something inherently terrible about Dodger fans.

From my experiences at Chavez Latrine, there's a pretty big gang element at the Dodgers games.
KoreAmBear
pingpong2;842183688 said:

From my experiences at Chavez Latrine, there's a pretty big gang element at the Dodgers games.

beelzebear

That's funny in an ironic sorta way because there has been 2 stabbing deaths near ATT after Giants games, the drunk driver running over the kid and other "non gang" stuff happening around 3rd and King.

Hate to be crude about it...but if you want to keep score, at least Brian Stow is alive.
sycasey

My understanding was that this got a bit out of control during the McCourt era, but the current ownership is trying to clean up security (as they should).
pingpong2
sycasey;842183735 said:

My understanding was that this got a bit out of control during the McCourt era, but the current ownership is trying to clean up security (as they should).

Fortunately prices have been going up, so some of that gang element is getting priced out. Last time I went (Ryu pitching against the Giants) I swear half the fans there were Korean, and there wasn't a gangbanger to be found other than in the left field pavilion.
KoreAmBear
sycasey;842183735 said:

All McBankrupt (although he turned into McCash by selling the team) was interested in was making money in the last few years of his circus freakshow ownership regime. He tried to align some of the best interest of the Dodgers and fans, to his self-interest, but it was about making money first, as he quickly was running a monstrous debt (thank you Jamie!) and needed to get out from under it.
freshfunk
pingpong2;842183742 said:

Fortunately prices have been going up, so some of that gang element is getting priced out. Last time I went (Ryu pitching against the Giants) I swear half the fans there were Korean, and there wasn't a gangbanger to be found other than in the left field pavilion.

BeggarEd
beelzebear;842183711 said:

That's funny in an ironic sorta way because there has been 2 stabbing deaths near ATT after Giants games, the drunk driver running over the kid and other "non gang" stuff happening around 3rd and King.

Hate to be crude about it...but if you want to keep score, at least Brian Stow is alive.

I think this is one of those things that keeping score doesn't really apply to, which I think you kind of implied. In any event, as a Giants fan and a lifetime Bay Area resident, I find the current environment at local professional sporting events and the trend of violent incidents to be totally unacceptable and very disappointing.

In addition to the incidents you mentioned at or around AT&T, there was also a teenager who died a few years ago in the parking lot behind center field after getting punched and hitting his head on a curb as he fell backwards during a fight.

Niners games at Candlestick are becoming notorious for bad, violent fan behavior, and have possibly even surpassed Raider games for "non-family friendly sporting event locations."

Like Chavez Ravine, I think it's probably really only a small element of yahoos who cause the vast majority of the problems. From what it sounds like in LA, better lighting, a larger police presence, and other security improvements are making a difference. Perhaps the increase in prices has had an impact as well as earlier pointed out.

At the end of the day, I enjoy some Giants/Dodgers banter and rivalry as much as the next guy. But when people are getting brain-damaged, stabbed, and/or dying, it takes the fun out of it and really takes away from the fan experience for both teams.
SchadenBear
BeggarEd;842183791 said:

At the end of the day, I enjoy some Giants/Dodgers banter and rivalry as much as the next guy. But when people are getting brain-damaged, stabbed, and/or dying, it takes the fun out of it and really takes away from the fan experience for both teams.

Talk **** before the game. If you win, leave quietly with a smile. If you lose, leave quietly with a frown.

Never talk **** after a game.
KoreAmBear
SchadenBear;842183806 said:

Talk **** before the game. If you win, leave quietly with a smile. If you lose, leave quietly with a frown.

Never talk **** after a game.

Hard to do sometimes. This $C honk was all up in my grill after the 2004 Aaron Rodgers game saying how Cal sucked so bad. I was like, "we were first down and goal from beating you and your dream season. How do we suck so bad?" My friend then pulled me away from the guy, fortunately.
calgldnbear
KoreAmBear;842183810 said:

Hard to do sometimes. This $C honk was all up in my grill after the 2004 Aaron Rodgers game saying how Cal sucked so bad. I was like, "we were first down and goal from beating you and your dream season. How do we suck so bad?" My friend then pulled me away from the guy, fortunately.

Man, I would pay money to see KAB go all KAB on someone .... Sick'em dude (sarcasm)
SchadenBear
calgldnbear;842183813 said:

Man, I would pay money to see KAB go all KAB on someone .... Sick'em dude (sarcasm)

"Congratulations, you have a very good team."

Kind words can hurt too.
beelzebear
BeggarEd;842183791 said:

I think this is one of those things that keeping score doesn't really apply to, which I think you kind of implied. In any event, as a Giants fan and a lifetime Bay Area resident, I find the current environment at local professional sporting events and the trend of violent incidents to be totally unacceptable and very disappointing.

In addition to the incidents you mentioned at or around AT&T, there was also a teenager who died a few years ago in the parking lot behind center field after getting punched and hitting his head on a curb as he fell backwards during a fight.

Niners games at Candlestick are becoming notorious for bad, violent fan behavior, and have possibly even surpassed Raider games for "non-family friendly sporting event locations."

Like Chavez Ravine, I think it's probably really only a small element of yahoos who cause the vast majority of the problems. From what it sounds like in LA, better lighting, a larger police presence, and other security improvements are making a difference. Perhaps the increase in prices has had an impact as well as earlier pointed out.

In agreement here. Once it goes to real violence and death it's not worth it, and it diminishes the game, and the Dodgers/Giants banter fun.

The thing about ATT is while the immediate area of 3rd/King is safe (the Giants did a great job, on their dime), once you walk into SOMA or down Third, it can get a little hairy or urban enough that thuggery becomes easy. I worked at 3rd/Brannan for long time, was there while ATT was being built. I know there's no way to control the crowd once it leaves but maybe patrols or "ambassadors" would help a little.

re: the Stick...it just got too old and creepy. Lots of design and environmental studies that suggest even criminals don't like to thug out in nice places, even they have a sense of decorum, minus the out and out psychopaths. Niners were right to want to leave...just not right on public funding (imo).
StillNoStanfurdium
beelzebear;842183863 said:

In agreement here. Once it goes to real violence and death it's not worth it, and it diminishes the game, and the Dodgers/Giants banter fun.

The thing about ATT is while the immediate area of 3rd/King is safe (the Giants did a great job, on their dime), once you walk into SOMA or down Third, it can get a little hairy or urban enough that thuggery becomes easy. I worked at 3rd/Brannan for long time, was there while ATT was being built. I know there's no way to control the crowd once it leaves but maybe patrols or "ambassadors" would help a little.

re: the Stick...it just got too old and creepy. Lots of design and environmental studies that suggest even criminals don't like to thug out in nice places, even they have a sense of decorum, minus the out and out psychopaths. Niners were right to want to leave...just not right on public funding (imo).

3rd is getting better and better. I think 3rd and Brannan is still a fine area. I mean, just down Brannan you've got The Brickhouse and Alexander Steakhouse. It does get a little sketchy under the bridge, but like right after we're at the Pac-12 network headquarters.
beelzebear
StillNoStanfurdium;842183869 said:

3rd is getting better and better. I think 3rd and Brannan is still a fine area. I mean, just down Brannan you've got The Brickhouse and Alexander Steakhouse. It does get a little sketchy under the bridge, but like right after we're at the Pac-12 network headquarters.

That's it, once you go under the freeway, it can get hairy. Also once you get past Folsom, those little alleys like Natoma, can get weird. I don't think it's dangerous, just urban and that's usually when the weird stuff happen. It can still get iffy there but the area has obviously improved greatly.
GRRAAH
Ooooohhh....reeebay!!!!
liverflukes
GRRAAH;842193400 said:

Ooooohhh....reeebay!!!!

:bravo
GRRAAH
liverflukes;842193403 said:

:bravo

Yummy!!
SoCalBear323
On to the next one.
liverflukes
sycasey
Man, nobody loses a first round series like the Braves.
GRRAAH
liverflukes;842193408 said:

We love LA!!!
liverflukes
:newnana:

:bluecarrot:

GRRAAH
liverflukes;842193411 said:

:bluecarrot:

We need to hang next week flukes. Comin to town Mon. Look for my IM. Go Blue!
chazzed
GRRAAH;842193400 said:

Ooooohhh....reeebay!!!!

I wasn't sold on him but he's a clutch player at the end of the day. This coming from a neutral observer.
GRRAAH
Need me one of those clubhouse Harlequin jackets!!
liverflukes
GRRAAH;842193413 said:

We need to hang next week flukes. Comin to town Mon. Look for my IM. Go Blue!

Should be fun!

I'll be in San Luis Obispo for a week starting next week though...

LET'S GO DODGERS!
GRRAAH
chazzed;842193414 said:

I wasn't sold on him but he's a clutch player at the end of the day. This coming from a neutral observer.

Hard to dispute indeed.
ColoradoBear
Brian Wilson's pony tail beard is now just out of control. I hope the dodgers lose for that reason alone. I don't want to see it anymore!

NYCGOBEARS
Congrats guys. Great comeback win.
GRRAAH
chazzed;842193414 said:

Thank God he is a Shitty bunter!!!
GRRAAH
NYCGOBEARS;842193420 said:

Congrats guys. Great comeback win.

Classy post...for once

Sleep well my friend
NYCGOBEARS
GRRAAH;842193424 said:

Classy post...for once

I'm still waiting for one from you.
GRRAAH
Wilson classic interview on MLB channel...wild...but unselfish.
GRRAAH
NYCGOBEARS;842193427 said:

I'm still waiting for one from you.

Can't go back...maybe Giants will contend again someday, and I promise to reciprocate!!
First Page Last Page
Page 29 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.