Hey Dodgers Fans

983,257 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by MiZery
2ndTrumpetBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS;842372553 said:

In their hubris, the Dodgers forgot that nothing is guaranteed. Not even Kershaw.

dimitrig;842372556 said:

Wainwright also sucked. WTF was that all about?

Vin Scully also mentioned this. He generally remains positive in his broadcasts, but even he couldn't resist expressing disgust with this supposed "pitchers duel".
FiatSlug
ducky23;842372758 said:

Giants are huge underdogs today as the nationals are -225. For a playoff game, that's a huge number.

Giants will be favored in game 3 with bumgarner and then slight home underdogs in game 4 with vogelsong.

So vegas thinks it's going 5.

I know that the giants have a habit of beating vegas. And I am hoping like hell that the giants just take care of this in 3. But I'm a cal fan, I expect the worst.

What Vegas thinks is irrelevant to the larger point: right now the Giants are in playoff mode. The Nats haven't yet made the mental transition.
sycasey
KoreAmBear;842372736 said:

In any case, yes, Donny should have gotten Kersh, but even with a big money squad, you have a really dilapidated and unreliable bully. There really is only two dependable bullpen guys -- Kenley and JP Howell. That's it. Bringing anyone else in is an adventure.

This is a fair point and something Mattingly was probably thinking about. Still, there is a point at which your starter is clearly gassed and throwing batting practice up there, and this was it. Any fresh reliever is better than that.
stanfurdbites
Kershaw chokes yet again
NYCGOBEARS
stanfurdbites;842377545 said:

Kershaw chokes yet again

Holy Crap! Unbelievable.
goldenokiebear
Over. Let's go Giants!
sycasey
Deja vu.
pingpong2
Gigantes > Doyers
sycasey
Again I must ask what Donnie Baseball was thinking with leaving him in there. You know he's on short rest. You know he melted down in Game 1 right about this same time. Why give it a chance to happen again? Pull him after the two singles.

Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice . . . won't get fooled again.
NYCGOBEARS
GRRAAH;842365607 said:

Just another day of LA domination. Angels, Dodgers...ho, hum...

:p
Unit2Sucks
Maybe all the innings are getting to Kershaw by the end of the season, who knows. He still has been dominant up until the breaking point against the Cards. Congrats to the dodgers on winning the division and I'm bummed the Giants didn't have the opportunity to knock them out of the playoffs. The Dodgers are the mid-2000's Yankees, redux, minus the fact that the yankees had previously won with some of the same players.
philbert
sycasey;842377583 said:

Again I must ask what Donnie Baseball was thinking with leaving him in there. You know he's on short rest. You know he melted down in Game 1 right about this same time. Why give it a chance to happen again? Pull him after the two singles.

Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice . . . won't get fooled again.

can't trust anyone in his gascan bullpen except the closer.
liverflukes
Damn this thread :rollinglaugh:
TheSouseFamily
Can't believe Kershaw coug'd it again. Man, that hurts. Like a punch to the ol' marble bag. Ugh.
NYCGOBEARS
TheSouseFamily;842377689 said:

Can't believe Kershaw coug'd it again. Man, that hurts. Like a punch to the ol' marble bag. Ugh.

Ahhh...
NYCGOBEARS
Here we go!!! Suck it Dodgers.
ducky23
NYCGOBEARS;842377761 said:

Here we go!!! Suck it Dodgers.

Vogelsong > Kershaw

Enjoy that MVP Clayton
stanfurdbites
Vogelsong > Kershaw :bluecarrot:
NYCGOBEARS
ducky23;842377762 said:

Vogelsong > Kershaw

Enjoy that MVP Clayton

Yes!!!!
NYCGOBEARS
Graahhh has strangely disappeared. Hmmm?... No texts. Nothing. He's used to leaving in the seventh I guess.
LethalFang
Dodgers got kershaw'ed again!
BeggarEd
NYCGOBEARS;842377766 said:

Yes!!!!

Yes! Yes! Yes!

And in a completely unsurprising development, Bochy manages circles around Matt Williams.
ducky23
BeggarEd;842377779 said:

Yes! Yes! Yes!

And in a completely unsurprising development, Bochy manages circles around Matt Williams.

Leaving Strickland in was a mistake. I would have bought in Lopez. Harper is the only one who can hurt you on the nationals.
philbert
ducky23;842377786 said:

Leaving Strickland in was a mistake. I would have bought in Lopez. Harper is the only one who can hurt you on the nationals.

They'd already burned Lopez on Laroche in the 6th (after the incredible Pence catch). Didn't think they wanted to burn Affeldt that early in case someone got in a jam with a lefty coming up.
Adrian The Cal Bear
I just wanted to say to all you Dodger fans who laughed at this thread...

Vogey > Kershaw

...in the postseason at least HAHAHA
Unit2Sucks
Adrian The Cal Bear;842377793 said:

I just wanted to say to all you Dodger fans who laughed at this thread...

Vogey > Kershaw

...in the postseason at least HAHAHA

Awesome.

Also, I feel better about having said the following:

Unit2Sucks;842358501 said:

Be honest Dodger fans, you don't love the makeup of this team and you are waiting for them to meltdown. You know it's coming you just don't know when. You probably will leave this series in first place and you will probably win the division but which team do you think has a better chance of winning the world series? Our team is hot and has a knack for outperforming its talent level when it counts.

All us Giants fans are looking forward to the end of the season, can you all say the same?

Unit2Sucks;842359516 said:

Congrats for taking the series, but how does this change anything? I never said we'd win this series. I think the dodgers have some great players but aren't a great team. Obviously Kershaw is the best thing going and he may be the GOAT before it's all said and done. That's what made this such an epic thread to begin with. Kershaw is amazing, other than the whole getting blown out to end your playoff run in 2013. Even with that, I'd still pick him over every other pitcher out there to give the ball to for a must win game.

The division sucks and the giants have been pretty awful for 2 months and still have a puncher's chance at winning the division. I think the giants have a better chance winning the WS from the wildcard than the dodgers do by winning the division. I say that because I believe in Bochy and because a lot of the guys on this team have done it before. And because I think there's trouble in dodger land.

If I had to handicap it, I'd say the Giants have a 10% chance of winning the world series and the Dodgers have about a 5% chance.

This isn't bullshit posturing, both teams are good but not great. I'm not going to pretend like the Giants are an unstoppable force. Far from it although I do think with their experience they are a formidable postseason opponent. I think the dodgers have chemistry issues and a braindead manager. Put those together and it's just a question of when the meltdown happens. It didn't happen this weekend.
Adrian The Cal Bear
I just think it's hilarious seeing the timeline of Dodger fans thinking they're the best team ever, how they are just that much more awesome than the Giants, and how Kershaw is the greatest ever.

Greatest ever means winning a title. Kershaw has yet to do that. Don't ever call him GOAT again until he gets a ring.
sycasey
ducky23;842377786 said:

Strickland is a promising reliever, but it does appear Harper has his number right now.

That said, I'm okay with letting him face Harper. No one was on base, and you can't expect ANOTHER home run, especially in a park where it's hard for lefties to go deep.
sycasey
stanfurdbites;842377763 said:

Vogelsong > Kershaw :bluecarrot:

I, of course, still don't believe this is true, but it's funny how this just keeps coming back. The Giants are trolling the baseball world.

ducky23
sycasey;842377801 said:

Strickland is a promising reliever, but it does appear Harper has his number right now.

That said, I'm okay with letting him face Harper. No one was on base, and you can't expect ANOTHER home run, especially in a park where it's hard for lefties to go deep.

I missed that Lopez was already used; was trying to watch baby and game at same time (not easy).

So yeah, I'm more ok with the move to keep Strickland in considering you want to keep affeldt available.

I think in time, Strickland will learn to pitch around the hot hitter, like Casilla did in the 9th.
Unit2Sucks
Giants still have a long road to get another ring. Cardinals are the only team in the league with more playoff experience and will be favored. If the Giants can continue to step their game up, they'll give the cards a run for the money and it should make for an exciting NLCS. Interesting comparison to the AL where we're looking at two teams who between them hadn't won a playoff series in almost 20 years.
tim94501
Ha
glb78
The first post on this thread is hilarious, and turned out to be accurate based on PS performance. Lets go Giants!!!!!!
SRBear
Congratulations Dodgers on keeping B Wheezy another year as he exercised his 9 million dollar option to stay with the team rather than test the free agent market.
bearsandgiants
Elon Musk tweets and Tesla makes $2 Billion.
Dodger owners spend $2 Billion and watch the Giants on TV.
First Page Last Page
Page 51 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.