Hey Dodgers Fans

983,262 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by MiZery
BeggarEd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
beelzebear;842382280 said:

F*ckin' can't trust any Giant retreads...glad Ned is gone.

BTW, the only team hotter than the Gigantes are the Royals and those lads are due.

Nice to still be talking about actual games instead of off-season moves. #smugsmugsmug

Choate with the choke!
NYCGOBEARS
Vogelsong > Kershaw
GMP
NYCGOBEARS;842382701 said:

Vogelsong > Kershaw

Unit2Sucks
Just got back from the game. What a blast. 25 feet away from Steve Perry when he made his cameo in the 7th inning.

Very surreal to watch this team one win away from the World Series after battling through so much adversity and such an inconsistent season. They are giving it their all right now which is all you can ask for as a fan.
Sebastabear
Unit2Sucks;842382725 said:

Just got back from the game. What a blast. 25 feet away from Steve Perry when he made his cameo in the 7th inning.

Very surreal to watch this team one win away from the World Series after battling through so much adversity and such an inconsistent season. They are giving it their all right now which is all you can ask for as a fan.

You weren't wearing a Cal sweatshirt were you? Someone sporting a glorious script Cal showed up in a number of the TV shots (albeit not quite in as many as Mr. Perry).
Unit2Sucks
Sebastabear;842382726 said:

You weren't wearing a Cal sweatshirt were you? Someone sporting a glorious script Cal showed up in a number of the TV shots (albeit not quite in as many as Mr. Perry).

I wish I had tonight! I wore an orange jacket and a goofy grin most of the evening.
GMP
NYCGOBEARS;842382701 said:

Vogelsong > Kershaw

Giants are 6-0 in the postseason when Vogelsong starts. Dodgers are 3-8 in the postseason when Kershaw starts.

CASE CLOSED.
SoCalBear323
As if Kershaw's career is even close to over. This is the equivalent of people laughing at Kobe's air balls against the Jazz. We know what happened after that.
GMP
SoCalBear323;842382735 said:

As if Kershaw's career is even close to over. This is the equivalent of people laughing at Kobe's air balls against the Jazz. We know what happened after that.

Those two situations aren't remotely similar. Kobe was a rookie. Kershaw is in his prime.

But you need to go find your sense of humor if you think I actually think Vogelsong is better than Kershaw. Especially on a night when Vogey finally pitched in the postseason like Kershaw does.
rathokan
SoCalBear323;842382735 said:

The battery chuckers probably have no idea what you're talking about. Kershaw is just fine... as long as he doesn't have to pitch past six innings against the Cardinals in the playoffs :-/

It's not like he hasn't been clutch against other teams in the playoffs or other high leverage situations. And if you consider winning the division important he's pitched incredibly well against the battery chuckers... esp at AT&T.

I blame our lame ass bullpen... no middle relief. Kershaw misses over a month of the season and still basically gets to 200 innings pitched. He was pitching late into games way to much and started fading toward the end of the season.

Anyway, I have full confidence in Kershaw. I wouldn't trade him for anybody... not even Mike Trout... well, maybe... uhhh brain cramp.
NYCGOBEARS
grandmastapoop;842382708 said:

Simply awesome!
NYCGOBEARS

Saw that guy repping. It was cool to see in a sea of orange and black.
NYCGOBEARS
rathokan;842382741 said:

The battery chuckers probably have no idea what you're talking about. Kershaw is just fine... as long as he doesn't have to pitch past six innings against the Cardinals in the playoffs :-/

It's not like he hasn't been clutch against other teams in the playoffs or other high leverage situations. And if you consider winning the division important he's pitched incredibly well against the battery chuckers... esp at AT&T.

I blame our lame ass bullpen... no middle relief. Kershaw misses over a month of the season and still basically gets to 200 innings pitched. He was pitching late into games way to much and started fading toward the end of the season.

Anyway, I have full confidence in Kershaw. I wouldn't trade him for anybody... not even Mike Trout... well, maybe... uhhh brain cramp.

Giants bullpen >>> Dodgers bullpen. Indisputable truth.
86Oski
grandmastapoop;842382708 said:

That's pretty funny.

The Royals managed to end their 29-year pennant-less drought, thereby bumping the Dodgers down to #24 out of the 30 MLB teams in terms of how recently each team has been to the World Series. The Dodgers are still ahead of the Orioles (1983), Brewers (1982), Pirates (1979), Cubs (1945), Mariners (no pennants; joined AL in 1977) and the Expos/Nationals (no pennants; joined NL in 1969).
KoreAmBear
grandmastapoop;842382737 said:

Those two situations aren't remotely similar. Kobe was a rookie. Kershaw is in his prime.

But you need to go find your sense of humor if you think I actually think Vogelsong is better than Kershaw. Especially on a night when Vogey finally pitched in the postseason like Kershaw does.

You don't? I bet Adrian still does LOL. Anyway, kudos to the Giants. I am completely envious of the way they scratch and claw and get runs without getting even a double. Why couldn't the Dodgers make Fat Matt Adams make some plays at 1B. That guy is really a defensive liability.

Friedman will have to look to build a team concept the way the Giants, Cards and Royals are doing it. That means you do need a lights out bully. Guys like Wilson, League, Baez, Elbert, Wright -- would not see the light of day in any of the post season contenders' bully except for ours. That's how badly Ned neglected the bully. Only JP Howell and Kenley would have made a bully of another contending team. The Royals bully, though, is especially lights out.
86Oski
KoreAmBear;842382905 said:

I am completely envious of the way they scratch and claw and get runs without getting even a double.

What the heck is a "double"? Did you just make that word up?
YuSeeBerkeley
Just want to take this time to congratulate, in advance, all the Giants fans on this board for their World Series win. There really is something to this even-number-years thing. Very impressive.
86Oski
YuSeeBerkeley;842382930 said:

Just want to take this time to congratulate, in advance, all the Giants fans on this board for their World Series win. There really is something to this even-number-years thing. Very impressive.

Ha! That jinx-the-other-team thing doesn't work. If it did, USC would be 0-6 heading into this week's loss against Colorado.
FrankBear21

Did you notice the sweatshirt with the new cal bear on it behind home plate as well? Specifically when lefties were up.
sycasey
KoreAmBear;842382905 said:

Friedman will have to look to build a team concept the way the Giants, Cards and Royals are doing it. That means you do need a lights out bully. Guys like Wilson, League, Baez, Elbert, Wright -- would not see the light of day in any of the post season contenders' bully except for ours. That's how badly Ned neglected the bully. Only JP Howell and Kenley would have made a bully of another contending team. The Royals bully, though, is especially lights out.

I realized today that the Giants have had the same key components to their bullpen for this entire run. Since 2010, Casilla, Romo, Affeldt, and Lopez have been with the team and pitched in the postseason every time. There's probably some advantage in having that kind of consistency, especially since relief pitchers are so unpredictable. Not the same closer every time, but those guys have always been there to keep games close or protect late leads.
NYCGOBEARS
Hey Dodgers fans! Suck it!!!
DLSbear
NYCGOBEARS;842383083 said:

Hey Dodgers fans! Suck it!!!

NyC! what an eloquent post!!
I agree with you!!!! Go Gigantes!!!
NYCGOBEARS
Bumgarner > Kershaw
Unit2Sucks
Bumgarner wasn't at his best but he fought through it. Love these guys. Loved every move Boch made in the late innings and looking forward to the World Series.
easdog1
I thought Vogey > Kershaw?
sycasey
Currently contained within the time frame of this thread:

NL Pennants:
Giants - 2
Dodgers - 0

World Series Championships
Giants - 1
Dodgers - 0

Pending an update between Oct 25-29.
NYCGOBEARS
easdog1;842383090 said:

I thought Vogey > Kershaw?

That too!
NYCGOBEARS
NYCGOBEARS;842329526 said:

Have faith sycasey. Have faith.

^^^
heartofthebear
sycasey;842383091 said:

NL Pennants:
Giants - 2
Dodgers - 0

Giants - 1
Dodgers - 0

LOL
Dodgers: Spending more and more for goose eggs each and every year.
NYCGOBEARS
NYCGOBEARS;842350391 said:

Hey Graahh, we're coming...

^^^
NYCGOBEARS
Unit2Sucks;842358501 said:

Be honest Dodger fans, you don't love the makeup of this team and you are waiting for them to meltdown. You know it's coming you just don't know when. You probably will leave this series in first place and you will probably win the division but which team do you think has a better chance of winning the world series? Our team is hot and has a knack for outperforming its talent level when it counts.

All us Giants fans are looking forward to the end of the season, can you all say the same?

^^^
NYCGOBEARS
GRRAAH;842365145 said:

Bubbles! !

Keep your bubbles. We have champagne bubbles.
sycasey
sycasey;842383091 said:

NL Pennants:
Giants - 2
Dodgers - 0

Giants - 1
Dodgers - 0

I should add to this list.

NL West titles:

Dodgers - 2
Giants - 1

So you guys have that. Congratulations!
sycasey
GMP
sycasey;842383121 said:

Enjoy the call by Fox Deportes.

http://deadspin.com/giants-win-the-pennant-on-travis-ishikawa-walk-off-home-1647464716
First Page Last Page
Page 53 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.