Hey Dodgers Fans

983,310 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by MiZery
high calibear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
holy sh*t madison bumgarner. a postseason legend at age 25.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks;842390359 said:

Enjoying the scene at AT&T. What a great era for Giants fans.

LethalFang
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3887[/ATTACH]
ducky23
Royals bullpen = the accountant in untouchables
Cal Panda Bear
Let's not get too confident yet. Game 6 will be tough. Peavy isn't so hot in KC
sycasey
Cal Panda Bear;842390501 said:

Let's not get too confident yet. Game 6 will be tough. Peavy isn't so hot in KC

It's true. Actually most of the time teams have gone back home down 3-2 in a World Series they come back to win (at least in recent years).

But as I have said, this is all gravy for me. We've already got the recent titles and another great postseason run -- I can't really complain, even if the Giants lose the next two. (Please do not lose the next two.)
Cal Panda Bear
sycasey;842390502 said:

It's true. Actually most of the time teams have gone back home down 3-2 in a World Series they come back to win (at least in recent years).

But as I have said, this is all gravy for me. We've already got the recent titles and another great postseason run -- I can't really complain, even if the Giants lose the next two. (Please do not lose the next two.)

Yeah... No. Giants can pull this out. We have momentum going for us and we've won in KC before. We can do it again.

Will say the Royals are the best team the Giants have ever faced in the WS these last few years. These guys are good. If the Giants do fall in Game 7, it would've been against a worthy opponent.
LethalFang
sycasey;842390502 said:

The Giants have to like their chances even if they are not the prohibitive favorite.
Even if KC has 70% chance of winning each of the next 2 games, they're still slightly below 50-50 of winning the whole thing.
YuSeeBerkeley
http://thebiglead.com/2014/10/22/world-series-game-1-rating-8-0-lowest-in-mlb-history/

http://thebiglead.com/2014/10/27/nbc-gloats-about-nfl-victory-over-world-series-in-the-ratings-game/

The San Francisco Giants...setting record low ratings since 2010. Pretty pathetic. And this is even with the darling Royals going after their first World Series win since 1985. Bottom line, nobody cares about the Giants. Congrats on winning the championship in a sport that attracts fewer viewers than NASCAR rain delays.
Unit2Sucks
Always classy YSB. You may not be able to hazard a guess as to what most viewers of this thread (whether Dodgers fans or Giants fans) think is pathetic when reading your posts.
86Oski
YuSeeBerkeley;842391100 said:

http://thebiglead.com/2014/10/22/world-series-game-1-rating-8-0-lowest-in-mlb-history/

http://thebiglead.com/2014/10/27/nbc-gloats-about-nfl-victory-over-world-series-in-the-ratings-game/

The San Francisco Giants...setting record low ratings since 2010. Pretty pathetic. And this is even with the darling Royals going after their first World Series win since 1985. Bottom line, nobody cares about the Giants. Congrats on winning the championship in a sport that attracts fewer viewers than NASCAR rain delays.

And congrats to the Dodgers in winning the NL West title in a sport that attracts fewer viewers than NASCAR rain delays!

You're not serious with this are you? Please tell me you're just trolling us by acting like a stereotypical LA fan, focused on crap like tv ratings...also reminds me of Stanford "fans": "We're good at something? We're awesome! Wait, now we're bad at it? No one cares about that anyway...."
BeggarEd

Congrats on spending way more money than our team and still not being able to win jack sh*t in a sport that you wrongly think nobody cares about. Win or lose these next two games, the Giants reign supreme over the Dodgers based on recent history, and you'll have to have your boys in blue win a couple of championships before that changes. I and every other Giants fan couldn't give two sh*ts about how much advertising money Fox makes or doesn't make based on ratings. Our team is in the show, and poised to win it, yet again.

I suggest you follow suit with your LA brethren and jump ship over to the Lakers... er I mean Clippers bandwagon until the Dodgers start winning in October.
high calibear

KoreAmBear
BeggarEd;842391117 said:

Congrats on spending way more money than our team and still not being able to win jack sh*t in a sport that you wrongly think nobody cares about. Win or lose these next two games, the Giants reign supreme over the Dodgers based on recent history, and you'll have to have your boys in blue win a couple of championships before that changes. I and every other Giants fan couldn't give two sh*ts about how much advertising money Fox makes or doesn't make based on ratings. Our team is in the show, and poised to win it, yet again.

I suggest you follow suit with your LA brethren and jump ship over to the Lakers... er I mean Clippers bandwagon until the Dodgers start winning in October.

I love arguments mocking money spending! Congrats on spending a bazillion dollars on CMS and SAPHC as well and winding up 1-11. It's gonna help recruiting. Wait, I'm on your side on that one.
sycasey

Man, those grapes keep getting more sour, don't they?

EDIT: Here's what's really going on. National ratings for the World Series have been dropping for years. It's a trend that has little do do with the teams involved and more with changes in how people watch things. The only thing that seems to reverse the trend (for one year) is if a team with a HUGE national fan base is in the WS (Yankees or Red Sox). Otherwise the ratings drop continues.

It's not because "nobody cares" about baseball. Attendance at MLB games is actually up, as are ratings for local telecasts. It's just not a national obsession like it used to be. People still care, but they only watch their own team's games. It's become regional. So when a team with a really big fan base is in the W.S. the ratings go up, but it's really just a reflection of this "regional" factor. The Giants have a decent-sized fan base, but it's nothing compared to the Yankees and Red Sox. The Royals fan base is surely one of the smallest. That means low ratings.

Only football has managed to buck that trend among the major sports, though I still wonder how long that will last. Football has a structural advantage in that there are so many fewer games (so you can maintain interest in multiple teams) and that every game is important and played on a weekend. If you tried to follow all of the baseball teams for 162 games you'd go nuts.

The other factor is that ratings for network TV are down ALL AROUND. That's because there are no longer only 4 channels with actual new content while everything on cable is a re-run. There is also now a thing called the Internet. People have choices. TV ratings will keep falling, but it doesn't prove that there's no interest.
YuSeeBerkeley
BeggarEd;842391117 said:

Well, for the record, the Giants will have won 3 titles since coming to San Francisco. The Dodgers have 5 since moving to LA, so it's actually the Giants who still need to catch up. If you want to block out anything that happened 20+ years ago, that needs to apply to the 49ers, as well, since they haven't won "jack sh*t" in 20 years.

I also take back what I said about baseball attracting fewer viewers than NASCAR rain delays. That only happens when the Giants are in the World Series. I'm sure when the Dodgers make it back, ratings will improve, considerably. The point being, the Giants may have a long history, but as far as the public is concerned, they're no different than the Miami/Florida Marlins.

In all seriousness, congrats on a 3rd title in 5 years. Just know that the Giants are responsible for killing baseball.
Cal Panda Bear
YuSeeBerkeley;842391146 said:

Well, for the record, the Giants will have won 3 titles since coming to San Francisco. The Dodgers have 5 since moving to LA, so it's actually the Giants who still need to catch up. If you want to block out anything that happened 20+ years ago, that needs to apply to the 49ers, as well, since they haven't won "jack sh*t" in 20 years.

I also take back what I said about baseball attracting fewer viewers than NASCAR rain delays. That only happens when the Giants are in the World Series. I'm sure when the Dodgers make it back, ratings will improve, considerably. The point being, the Giants may have a long history, but as far as the public is concerned, they're no different than the Miami/Florida Marlins.

In all seriousness, congrats on a 3rd title in 5 years. Just know that the Giants are responsible for killing baseball.

philbert
The funny thing is that most Dodger fans can't even watch their games on TV due to that stupid cable deal they signed.
B.A. Bearacus
Existential baseball thought of the day: the average age of tv viewers of the 2013 World Series was... 54.4.

Quote:

Today, the World Series is like “The Ed Sullivan Show,” the Miss America pageant, Timex watches, and sitting in your favorite chair surrounded by a stack of daily newspapers. It’s like “Peanuts.’’ It was once the biggest event in sports. Now it’s a relic of a simpler time...

From "World Series isn’t what it used to be" by Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe.
NYCGOBEARS
I live in a city where millions care about the WS and everywhere I go wearing Giants gear, I get a hearty positive response. YuSee, YuCanSuckIt.
ducky23

Yeah and nobody around the country cares about cal either.

So maybe you should follow an sec team.
bencgilmore
lol things are pretty testy in here, particularly for a thread about a dying sport
BeggarEd
Bummer. I guess the Royals already won according to Dick's Sporting Goods and the Fox4 affiliate in KC: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2247853-dicks-sporting-goods-airs-commercial-promoting-royals-championship-gear
KoreAmBear
B.A. Bearacus;842391192 said:

Existential baseball thought of the day: the average age of tv viewers of the 2013 World Series was... 54.4.

From "World Series isn't what it used to be" by Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe.

Dan Shaughnessy's do is from a different era too. Kind of clown scary. Like Nick Swardson with ebola.

Big C

I see what you're trying to do there... get us to tacitly agree to the assumption that the Giants have it all sewed up (when we're still hours before Game Six). Then the Baseball Gods destroy us. Sorry, but nobody's buying.
LethalFang

Let's congratulate the Dodgers for winning 10 WS titles from 2015 to 2025.
Bobodeluxe
Don't forget the World Champion Kansas City Royals!
SoCalBear323
MLS Cup will be bigger than the World Series in less than 10 years.
LethalFang
Peavy so crappy in the post-season. He's even worse than Kershaw.
NYCGOBEARS
Lol Strickland. We should use him for BP.
sycasey
LethalFang;842391453 said:

Peavy so crappy in the post-season. He's even worse than Kershaw.

His first game against the Nats was all right. But yeah, he's turned back into a pumpkin.
NYCGOBEARS
Bumgarner > Every other pitcher in the history of Baseball.
sycasey
sycasey;842383091 said:

Currently contained within the time frame of this thread:

NL Pennants:
Giants - 2
Dodgers - 0

World Series Championships
Giants - 2
Dodgers - 0

Updated.
brj1
and that's going to wrap it up, Dodgers
rathokan
MB is one bad MoFo

From a dodgers fan. Congrats to the Giants fans out there. That team definitely earned it.
First Page Last Page
Page 56 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.