Hey Dodgers Fans

995,648 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Big C
rathokan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey;842534025 said:

This, very much this.

Dodger fans are great at talking smack about the Giants while also talking about how much they don't care about the Giants.

Heh, This native SoCal doesn't fall into that category. I have zero orange, green, and red in my wardrobe. :-D

Definitely not very festive around Xmas
GRRAAH
Glad to see the thread is alive and well! Like my Dodgers. Sweep on.
rathokan
So now u Giants fans can stop complaining about the officiating. You had a call overturned in your favor and that steal of 2nd by Tomlinson should have been interference. Pagan stepped into home plate as the catcher was throwing and you can see Grandal step on his foot while he's making the throw. Of course the homers in the broadcast seemed to miss that part.
ryananderin
I was hoping the Giants would wear Cardinals helmets in the top of the 7th as it seems to be Kershaw's kryptonite. Sadly, it must be against the rules. Enjoy the lame wave. Go Bears.
GRRAAH
Mvp!!##
beelzebear
BowDowntoWashington
Kershaw was incredible.

Hilarious to see Giants fans using injuries as excuses.

The Dodgers lost their their #3 start for the entire season (Ryu) and their #4 only pitched for a month (McCarthy)

Kenley Jansen missed the first month and a half of the season.

Yasiel Puig has only played 77 games, Carl Crawford has only played 48.

Howie Kendrick is going to end up missing at least a month.
sycasey
BowDowntoWashington;842534118 said:

Kershaw was incredible.

Hilarious to see Giants fans using injuries as excuses.

The Dodgers lost their their #3 start for the entire season (Ryu) and their #4 only pitched for a month (McCarthy)

Kenley Jansen missed the first month and a half of the season.

Yasiel Puig has only played 77 games, Carl Crawford has only played 48.

Howie Kendrick is going to end up missing at least a month.

The difference is that the Dodgers now have more money than God and can use it to buy more depth.

That said, the Giants' rotation was obviously a problem going into the season and still is. That's the real reason they aren't going to make the playoffs this year.
rathokan
Weird to listen to the Postgame show on KNBR and hear Woodson cite the first base umpire as having a bad day because two of his calls on Kershaw's pickoffs were overturned. Those were two bang bang plays and the margin of error was incredibly small. Hard even to tell in super slow mo on the replays, and I believe the replay judgements in both cases were correct. That said, I hardly can fault the guy at first for being human.

Krukow and Kuip also seem to think that the crew chief Winters somehow is out to get Bochy. He actually seemed very controlled even when tossing Boch (both times) and didn't seem to escalate the situation or let it get personal.

Also lots complaining about Bochy, however if you listen to LA sports talk radio, Bochy is revered as the best and fans wonder how good the Dodgers would be if he were the Dodgers manager.
btsktr
rathokan;842534132 said:

Weird to listen to the Postgame show on KNBR and hear Woodson cite the first base umpire as having a bad day because two of his calls on Kershaw's pickoffs were overturned. Those were two bang bang plays and the margin of error was incredibly small. Hard even to tell in super slow mo on the replays, and I believe the replay judgements in both cases were correct. That said, I hardly can fault the guy at first for being human.

Krukow and Kuip also seem to think that the crew chief Winters somehow is out to get Bochy. He actually seemed very controlled even when tossing Boch (both times) and didn't seem to escalate the situation or let it get personal.

Also lots complaining about Bochy, however if you listen to LA sports talk radio, Bochy is revered as the best and fans wonder how good the Dodgers would be if he were the Dodgers manager.

I think Bochy has been ejected something like 6 times total by Winters. And Bochy ~65 ejections in his career, so a decent percentage of his total ejections have come from Winters.

That being said Winters is the type of umpire that seems to try and agitate players and managers from any team.

I am Giants fan and I know for a fact that Winters was umpire critiquing AJ Ellis' pitch framing in a game earlier this year. Obviously, Ellis didn't care for this and got ejected.

So, basically Winters is a prick. I don't think he had it out for Bochy. He just has it out for everybody.
KoreAmBear
sycasey;842534131 said:

The difference is that the Dodgers now have more money than God and can use it to buy more depth.

That said, the Giants' rotation was obviously a problem going into the season and still is. That's the real reason they aren't going to make the playoffs this year.

Actually Friedman seems to be conflicted as a rich Moneyballer. The way he spent money was to get rid of players with big contracts and yet still pay for them like Kemp, Brian Wilson, Dan Haren, Juan Uribe, Hector Olivera, etc. He acquired no big name middle relievers during the off-season or the trade deadline. He really didn't acquire any top name players during the off-season or the trade deadline: Anderson, Brandon McCarthy, Latos, Wood, Johnson, Hernandez, Utley, Rollins -- guys like that aren't exactly top shelf anymore. The one guy they did get in his prime was Howie Kendrick. But that's about it. They do still have lots of guys who are currently expensive, but Friedman is filling the remainder of the roster with a lot of role players that fit his Moneyball metric.
NYCGOBEARS
I will simply say, congratulations Dodgers. Good series.
TheSouseFamily
sycasey;842534131 said:

YES, poor Giants. It must be a real challenge to field a competitive team with merely the third highest payroll in baseball. http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/

And in the "things Vin Scully would never do" bucket, get a load of this garbage from the Giants announcing crew regarding AJ Ellis. I guess a losing streak does this to people, but t's also ridiculously misinformed given that AJ Ellis is slashing .323/.468/.581 over the last 3 months (which....shhhhhhh...is higher than Posey).

https://vimeo.com/138157316
sycasey
KoreAmBear;842534143 said:

Actually Friedman seems to be conflicted as a rich Moneyballer. The way he spent money was to get rid of players with big contracts and yet still pay for them like Kemp, Brian Wilson, Dan Haren, Juan Uribe, Hector Olivera, etc. He acquired no big name middle relievers during the off-season or the trade deadline. He really didn't acquire any top name players during the off-season or the trade deadline: Anderson, Brandon McCarthy, Latos, Wood, Johnson, Hernandez, Utley, Rollins -- guys like that aren't exactly top shelf anymore. The one guy they did get in his prime was Howie Kendrick. But that's about it. They do still have lots of guys who are currently expensive, but Friedman is filling the remainder of the roster with a lot of role players that fit his Moneyball metric.

That's the idea. Having all that money means you can afford to make more mistakes. The Yankees were the same way during their runs.
sycasey
TheSouseFamily;842534147 said:

YES, poor Giants. It must be a real challenge to field a competitive team with merely the third highest payroll in baseball. http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/

The Giants have a high payroll. But see that team at the top of the list with almost double the payroll? Which team is that?
TheSouseFamily
sycasey;842534164 said:

The Giants have a high payroll. But see that team at the top of the list with almost double the payroll? Which team is that?

True but bear in mind about $60M if that is going to players on other teams to address the horrendous signings of Giant spy, Ned Collettii.
bencgilmore
NYCGOBEARS;842534145 said:

I will simply say, congratulations Dodgers. Good series.

I can almost taste the drinks you washed down before and after typing that sentence. :lol:
sycasey
TheSouseFamily;842534187 said:

True but bear in mind about $60M if that is going to players on other teams to address the horrendous signings of Giant spy, Ned Collettii.

Ned was a good soldier.
89Bear
Can anyone point me to where the Angels/A's rivalry thread is located???? Halo fan here...
sycasey
89Bear;842534285 said:

Can anyone point me to where the Angels/A's rivalry thread is located???? Halo fan here...

You guys have a rivalry???
beelzebear
89Bear;842534285 said:

Welp I dislike the Angels as a Dodger fan. Does that help? Want some grief?

Actually I'm a big Mike Scioscia. Another great Dodger catcher who turned his knowledge into an excellent managing career. Dodgers always had good catchers. Dodgers should have never let him go but that was the Fox ownership years.
GMP
beelzebear;842534319 said:

Welp I dislike the Angels as a Dodger fan. Does that help? Want some grief?

Actually I'm a big Mike Scioscia. Another great Dodger catcher who turned his knowledge into an excellent managing career. Dodgers always had good catchers. Dodgers should have never let him go but that was the Fox ownership years.

Yikes. I thought Scioscia is big as it is.
rathokan
and looks like the Dodgers are calling up Corey Seager
KoreAmBear
SadbutTrue999;842534218 said:

I can almost taste the drinks you washed down before and after typing that sentence. :lol:

Nah NYC is usually graceful in defeat.
beelzebear
grandmastapoop;842534328 said:

Yikes. I thought Scioscia is big as it is.

Yeah, typo...Scioscia fan. He's a big dude though. Must like pasta like Tommy.
KoreAmBear
beelzebear;842534398 said:

Yeah, typo...Scioscia fan. He's a big dude though. Must like pasta like Tommy.

My friend thinks Scioscia should have been fired a long time ago. Underperforming the last few years with a great lineup.
beelzebear
rathokan;842534345 said:

and looks like the Dodgers are calling up Corey Seager

I LIKE. I remember when they called up that top prospect named Fernando...place went crazy.

Nice to see the Dodger farm system rolling again. Calling up the hot prospect to see what they can do. Man what a tradition. They lost Roberto Clemente because they couldn't hide him in the minors any longer.
bearister
Kershaw is unreal. 15 strikeouts; 130 pitch count; and still throwing 95 MPH in the 9th.
YuSeeBerkeley
bearister;842534470 said:

Kershaw is unreal. 15 strikeouts; 130 pitch count; and still throwing 95 MPH in the 9th.

I really hope Mattingly manages Kershaw's pitch count better in the future. I get that this was against the Giants, but letting him throw that many pitches will likely have long term effects.
bearister
YuSeeBerkeley;842534488 said:

I really hope Mattingly manages Kershaw's pitch count better in the future. I get that this was against the Giants, but letting him throw that many pitches will likely have long term effects.

http://baseballpastandpresent.com/2011/10/16/dynamic-duo-1959-1966-don-drysdale-sandy-koufax-pitched-dodgers-baseballs-summit/
Unit2Sucks
Kershizer defies the laws of physics. He and Greinke are amazing. I wouldn't count on Mattingly getting any better at what he does.
YuSeeBerkeley
Unit2Sucks;842534522 said:

I wouldn't count on Mattingly getting any better at what he does.

Very true.
MinotStateBeav
I'm surprised nobody bumped this thread. The comeback is on...
rathokan
this would be the most epic of meltdowns if it happens. the magic number has been two for seemingly a week. Kershaw and Greinke are fading a bit late in the season... Bolsinger and Anderson not going to engender trust. It's gonna be a long week.
KoreAmBear
rathokan;842558179 said:

this would be the most epic of meltdowns if it happens. the magic number has been two for seemingly a week. Kershaw and Greinke are fading a bit late in the season... Bolsinger and Anderson not going to engender trust. It's gonna be a long week.

I love how Donny saved Kenley for I don't know what and trotted the great Yimi Garcia out there (he was playing with fire with the rest of the bully too in extras). Kenley is fresh and ready to go for yet another bullpen session today. That whole bring in the closer only in save situations on the road is just a really inflexible and stubborn thing for him to be doing. I know that wasn't the only reason why they lost, but good managers put a team in the best situation to win. Saving Kenley in such a big spot is not really it. Go down with your best. The games still mean something Donny. smh
First Page Last Page
Page 66 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.