Accusation of sexual harassment by Cal football

137,398 Views | 640 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BearGreg
Fyght4Cal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
pingpong2 said:

Is nobody wondering how she went from going to an expensive private school in Brentwood, flying on private jets to XC meets, travelling through Asia and Europe, vacationing in Martha's Vineyard and the Hamptons, all while staying at the Ritz and Four Seasons to suddenly becoming a poor college student? Her family must have had fallen on some serious hard times or something in the past year...either that or college students these days have it wayyyyyy better than I did.
Divorce? Death? Loss of employment? Catastrophic injury? Business collapse? Gambling? Addiction? Bad investments? Etc

Yes, college kids have it better today. We are in the midst of the greatest intergenerational transfer of wealth in the history of the world.
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
pingpong2
GMP said:

pingpong2 said:

Is nobody wondering how she went from going to an expensive private school in Brentwood, flying on private jets to XC meets, travelling through Asia and Europe, vacationing in Martha's Vineyard and the Hamptons, all while staying at the Ritz and Four Seasons to suddenly becoming a poor college student? Her family must have had fallen on some serious hard times or something in the past year...either that or college students these days have it wayyyyyy better than I did.
It's probably been "wondered" in this thread a dozen times. I don't think it's very relevant.
Is it not? She mentions that she can't just quit because she has to work to support herself. That seems like a fairly relevant detail if suddenly that part is called into question.
Troll On You Bears
SoCalie said:

Sorry for the voluminous post, friends!

You should post more often.
sycasey
pingpong2 said:

GMP said:

pingpong2 said:

It's probably been "wondered" in this thread a dozen times. I don't think it's very relevant.
Is it not? She mentions that she can't just quit because she has to work to support herself. That seems like a fairly relevant detail if suddenly that part is called into question.
None of that would excuse sexual harassment on the job, if it happened.
pingpong2
sycasey said:

pingpong2 said:

GMP said:

pingpong2 said:

Of course, but "if it happened" is the key phrase here. If this were a Vegas prop bet, I'd have to imagine information like this would move the line back towards the accused.
TheFiatLux
sycasey said:

Fyght4Cal said:

oskioski said:

Fyght4Cal said:

NVBear78 said:

flounder said:

TonyTiger said:

I'm sorry but I didn't read any further after she said she met a man at midnight who she felt was a sicko and stocking her. Its nonsensical. No woman would do that. I'm not saying she's lying but I had to reread it three times before simply moving on.
I did read a snippet somewhere else where she said she's dealing with mental illness, now that might explain why she went there for her mental illness would not allow her to think clearly and she was processing information wrong, either way don't they do background checks and wouldn't it not say somewhere that she's dealing with mental issues thus a high profile employer would probably not hire her.

If she's definitely got mental issues then I definitely side with her for it makes everything worst for she had the same ability to make major decisions as a child thus why she kept making wrong ones. Her mental illness actually makes this quite worst than simple Sexual Harassment.

Who hired her without talking to her fellow players I bet they knew based on her openness to admit it now.

based on the info she gave I'm betting its a former WR coach.
i agree, she sounds like an absolute nut job based on her decision to go to the hotel room and to the party. she is an adult and chose to start drinking the tequila. what kind of sane and rational adult would go to a party filled with people she feels uncomfortable around and starts binge drinking.

that being said, hopefully wilcox and knowlton did what they are legally and morally required to do.

If you look at her profile on social media and the multitude of scantily clad and suggestive pictures she is still posting you will see she is seeking attention. Amazing to see her also using social media to troll for her coming lawsuit, is that what what plaintiff sexual harassment lawyers really encourage now?
There is absolutely nothing inappropriate or attention-seeking in her Instagram. Unless it's being judged by an extreme religious conservative. A young SoCal woman in a bikini? Oh, the humanity!

you're kidding, right?

P.T. Barnum was right. Every darn minute.
And some of the usual suspects here lapped it up.

I'm going to wade in here. I like all of you, but you, GMP, Fyght all look pretty bad here. This is not a fake - I have heard on good authority from people who know this person that this was hers. You guys have done what you wrongly accused OskiOski of doing and in doing so you're actually calling yourselves out. You should apologize. I've heard from several people, who I find very credible, who know her who told me about their encounters with her that made me question this.

Jussie Smollet just happened. Nathan Philips just happened. This isn't ancient history. Both of those narratives were so preposterous, that the only way people could believe them or "lap it up" is if they wanted to believe it (for whatever reason). This is the exact same. There is so much about what she wrote that just beggars all belief, added to the fact that someone who took the time to write all of this on Facebook - ie on social media - wouldn't also include a screen capture, unless you just want to believe it, you'd think twice about its credibility.

Some of you owe OskiOski an apology.

RedlessWardrobe
sycasey said:

GMP said:

SoCalie said:

I'm with you RB...and it has language/examples like that throughout the statement...

"In the end, I did not receive the position because they did not want me in the training room taking focus away from the players. Those that were hired were either men or unqualified applicants, but they all had in common is that they wouldn't be "distracting the players".

-How the heck does she know why she didn't receive the position? Ridiculous.
-Taking focus away from the players? Not if you were just doing your job - which is to sit on the side - out of the way - and do nothing, unless there is an injury.
-How does she know that the people that were hired were unqualified? Is this a joke?
-How does she know that the people that were hired wouldn't "distract the players"? Oh...cuz they're not as 'hawt' as her. I get it. Who is this person?

"As for the players, they would look at me in practice and make lewd remarks, but I had been working so hard for my promotion from hydrotech to sports medicine intern, so I let myself feel like a piece of meat at practice, and then go home and try to forget about it until the next day.

-BUT, when she was invited to party at the football house, she wentaloneand drank vast amounts of tequila? To a house filled with people that made her uncomfortable, made lewd comments to her, called her a hoe, and scared her?

"If I responded please leave me alone to a DM, I was answered back with "I'm going to treat you like the hoe that you are".

-She'd tell players to leave her alone. But, then she'd go to the football house to party?

"One night, I was invited over to a football house, where I was given vast amounts of tequila, to which I later realized, no one else was drinking that much. That night is also a little fuzzy, but I clearly remember the players talking to another saying "looks like we are gonna get lucky tonight". Thankfully my friends rescued me from the house, calling me an Uber."

-This part of her statement is, IMO, extremely disturbing. She was GIVEN vast amounts of tequila and chose to drink all of it? She later realized "no one else was drinking that much". Whose fault is that? Is she implying that they were intentionally trying to get her drunk so they could have sex with her which, if she were drunk, would be rape? And, she didn't have any control over, or responsibility for what she drank and how much? This is outrageous! And, she was so drunk (due to her own voluntary behavior) that her friends had to "rescue her" from the house that she went to voluntarily and alone? A house that was filled with guys that made lewd comments to her and scared her? And, her friends had to call her an uber? She couldn't do that herself? This entire paragraph implies that they players were conspiring to get her drunk and somehow sneakily/forcibly got her drunk, unbeknownst to her - so they could rape her. And, they would have raped her had her friends not "rescued her."
-IMO, what she wrote above is ridiculous she takes zero responsibility for her own behavior, and implies that others were out to get her. Yet, victims of sexual harassment or abuse tend to do the exact opposite. They tend to blame themselves for the things they did that they think "contributed to" or "caused" it to happen.

A lot of posts here are like this. "If she felt this way, why'd she do THAT?" You're sitting at your computer away from any stress and analyzing her claims based on what you'd do as you sit there now.

But not everyone acts rationally at all times, especially in stressful situations, and especially if they are dealing with mental health issues.

You also at times seem to think her post is chronological. "Why'd she do this after they said that?" But it's not at all clear it is chronological, so many of your points are a bit meaningless.

And also she is a 20-year-old college student. How rationally did you behave at that age?
Not buying the "20 year old college student" thing. If you truly buy into it, then you also have to apply it to the credibility of her story. You can't have it both ways.
sycasey
RedlessWardrobe said:

sycasey said:

GMP said:

SoCalie said:

I'm with you RB...and it has language/examples like that throughout the statement...

"In the end, I did not receive the position because they did not want me in the training room taking focus away from the players. Those that were hired were either men or unqualified applicants, but they all had in common is that they wouldn't be "distracting the players".

-Taking focus away from the players? Not if you were just doing your job - which is to sit on the side - out of the way - and do nothing, unless there is an injury.
-How does she know that the people that were hired were unqualified? Is this a joke?
-How does she know that the people that were hired wouldn't "distract the players"? Oh...cuz they're not as 'hawt' as her. I get it. Who is this person?

"As for the players, they would look at me in practice and make lewd remarks, but I had been working so hard for my promotion from hydrotech to sports medicine intern, so I let myself feel like a piece of meat at practice, and then go home and try to forget about it until the next day.

-BUT, when she was invited to party at the football house, she wentaloneand drank vast amounts of tequila? To a house filled with people that made her uncomfortable, made lewd comments to her, called her a hoe, and scared her?

"If I responded please leave me alone to a DM, I was answered back with "I'm going to treat you like the hoe that you are".

-She'd tell players to leave her alone. But, then she'd go to the football house to party?

"One night, I was invited over to a football house, where I was given vast amounts of tequila, to which I later realized, no one else was drinking that much. That night is also a little fuzzy, but I clearly remember the players talking to another saying "looks like we are gonna get lucky tonight". Thankfully my friends rescued me from the house, calling me an Uber."

-This part of her statement is, IMO, extremely disturbing. She was GIVEN vast amounts of tequila and chose to drink all of it? She later realized "no one else was drinking that much". Whose fault is that? Is she implying that they were intentionally trying to get her drunk so they could have sex with her which, if she were drunk, would be rape? And, she didn't have any control over, or responsibility for what she drank and how much? This is outrageous! And, she was so drunk (due to her own voluntary behavior) that her friends had to "rescue her" from the house that she went to voluntarily and alone? A house that was filled with guys that made lewd comments to her and scared her? And, her friends had to call her an uber? She couldn't do that herself? This entire paragraph implies that they players were conspiring to get her drunk and somehow sneakily/forcibly got her drunk, unbeknownst to her - so they could rape her. And, they would have raped her had her friends not "rescued her."
-IMO, what she wrote above is ridiculous she takes zero responsibility for her own behavior, and implies that others were out to get her. Yet, victims of sexual harassment or abuse tend to do the exact opposite. They tend to blame themselves for the things they did that they think "contributed to" or "caused" it to happen.

A lot of posts here are like this. "If she felt this way, why'd she do THAT?" You're sitting at your computer away from any stress and analyzing her claims based on what you'd do as you sit there now.

But not everyone acts rationally at all times, especially in stressful situations, and especially if they are dealing with mental health issues.

You also at times seem to think her post is chronological. "Why'd she do this after they said that?" But it's not at all clear it is chronological, so many of your points are a bit meaningless.

And also she is a 20-year-old college student. How rationally did you behave at that age?
Not buying the "20 year old college student" thing. If you truly buy into it, then you also have to apply it to the credibility of her story. You can't have it both ways.
I only say this so as to respond to those who wonder, "Why did she got to X party, get drunk, etc.?" Given her age I think it is plausible. I do not claim that this behavior makes her story more credible. That's a separate question.
sycasey
TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

Fyght4Cal said:

oskioski said:

Fyght4Cal said:

NVBear78 said:

flounder said:

TonyTiger said:

I'm sorry but I didn't read any further after she said she met a man at midnight who she felt was a sicko and stocking her. Its nonsensical. No woman would do that. I'm not saying she's lying but I had to reread it three times before simply moving on.
I did read a snippet somewhere else where she said she's dealing with mental illness, now that might explain why she went there for her mental illness would not allow her to think clearly and she was processing information wrong, either way don't they do background checks and wouldn't it not say somewhere that she's dealing with mental issues thus a high profile employer would probably not hire her.

If she's definitely got mental issues then I definitely side with her for it makes everything worst for she had the same ability to make major decisions as a child thus why she kept making wrong ones. Her mental illness actually makes this quite worst than simple Sexual Harassment.

Who hired her without talking to her fellow players I bet they knew based on her openness to admit it now.

i agree, she sounds like an absolute nut job based on her decision to go to the hotel room and to the party. she is an adult and chose to start drinking the tequila. what kind of sane and rational adult would go to a party filled with people she feels uncomfortable around and starts binge drinking.

that being said, hopefully wilcox and knowlton did what they are legally and morally required to do.

If you look at her profile on social media and the multitude of scantily clad and suggestive pictures she is still posting you will see she is seeking attention. Amazing to see her also using social media to troll for her coming lawsuit, is that what what plaintiff sexual harassment lawyers really encourage now?
There is absolutely nothing inappropriate or attention-seeking in her Instagram. Unless it's being judged by an extreme religious conservative. A young SoCal woman in a bikini? Oh, the humanity!

you're kidding, right?

I'm going to wade in here. I like all of you, but you, GMP, Fyght all look pretty bad here. This is not a fake - I have heard on good authority from people who know this person that this was hers. You guys have done what you wrongly accused OskiOski of doing and in doing so you're actually calling yourselves out. You should apologize. I've heard from several people, who I find very credible, who know her who told me about their encounters with her that made me question this.

Jussie Smollet just happened. Nathan Philips just happened. This isn't ancient history. Both of those narratives were so preposterous, that the only way people could believe them or "lap it up" is if they wanted to believe it (for whatever reason). This is the exact same. There is so much about what she wrote that just beggars all belief, added to the fact that someone who took the time to write all of this on Facebook - ie on social media - wouldn't also include a screen capture, unless you just want to believe it, you'd think twice about its credibility.

I've responded on the other thread that given new information it's possible it could be real (I can't be sure, of course).

I won't really apologize for what I said here. I think everyone should have been skeptical of that image at first glance and not just assume it's real without further confirmation. Same as I said about the original Facebook post.

EDIT: Reference to my response over there:
https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/87640/replies/1598891
RedlessWardrobe
sycasey said:

RedlessWardrobe said:

sycasey said:

GMP said:

SoCalie said:

I only say this so as to respond to those who wonder, "Why did she got to X party, get drunk, etc.?" Given her age I think it is plausible. I do not claim that this behavior makes her story more credible. That's a separate question.
Fair enough
pingpong2
Someone on CGB mentioned that the program doesn't pay for sports medicine interns to stay at the Claremont with the team. Does anyone close to the program know if that is indeed true?
NVBear78
Alkiadt said:

SRBear said:

Well...one thing is for sure, if her friends had to "rescue" her, there are witnesses to some of this behavior.
She has already posted on a social media site about being diagnosed as bi-polar.

I am very glad you reminded everyone that she mentioned being diagnosed as bi-polar. I had seen the note about withdrawing due to "mental health" issues but missed the specific diagnosis of bi-polar which brings this into much clearer focus.

I have seen first hand the incredibly inappropriate actions and behaviors of one afflicted with this illness and their complete lack of self awareness and objectivity. It is a devastating illness to deal with and I have also seen people destroy their lives while in the all powerful "high" of the manic stage.

Her actions certainly suggest this diagnosis to be accurate and if so I hope and pray she gets the treatment and med's needed.

TheFiatLux
sycasey said:

TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

Fyght4Cal said:

oskioski said:

Fyght4Cal said:

NVBear78 said:

flounder said:

TonyTiger said:

you're kidding, right?

I've responded on the other thread that given new information it's possible it could be real (I can't be sure, of course).

I won't really apologize for what I said here. I think everyone should have been skeptical of that image at first glance and not just assume it's real without further confirmation. Same as I said about the original Facebook post.

EDIT: Reference to my response over there:
https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/87640/replies/1598891

That's fair. I think barring validating information, being skeptical of something / someone is fine, but that's different than what Fyght posted and your "lap it up" comment. The tone of the responses wasn't it seems to get more information but to discredit OskiOski.
txwharfrat
GMP said:

pingpong2 said:

It is SIGNIFICANTLY relevant as it establishes her behavior of lying. This is HUGE for any legal defense. In the same statement where she claims she was abused she also claims to be a poor college student. If she lied about finances then it begs the question: what else is she lying about.

This is 100% relevant and important. Don't dismiss it like that.
txwharfrat
sycasey said:

pingpong2 said:

GMP said:

pingpong2 said:

Of course is doesn't. Sheesh. But it does draw into question the validity of her entire statement. If parts of it are untrue, what parts are true?
sycasey
txwharfrat said:

sycasey said:

pingpong2 said:

GMP said:

pingpong2 said:

Of course is doesn't. Sheesh. But it does draw into question the validity of her entire statement. If parts of it are untrue, what parts are true?
Yes, though I'd say the flipside also applies: just because she exaggerated her financial situation doesn't mean the harassment part is false.

The part that most interests me is her description of one of the coaches flirting with her and propositioning her for sex. Regardless of everything else, that sounds inappropriate and the most likely source of sexual harassment if there was any. It also sounds like something that can be documented (if the texts and private messages actually happened), so hopefully there will be more clarity on this in the future.
RJABear
As previously mentioned, her facebook posts had a lot of specific facts which can be verified.

Investigators should have asked for phone records. Investigators should also review practice films for interactions between the plaintiff and coaches/players.
GMP
TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

Fyght4Cal said:

oskioski said:

Fyght4Cal said:

NVBear78 said:

flounder said:

TonyTiger said:

you're kidding, right?

Before I even realized the "meme" button was not a watermark from a meme website, I said in another thread that I should not have been so definitive. And in 2 or 3 threads I offered a mea culpa - I was wrong about that. However, I do think both sides should have been more cautious.
GMP
txwharfrat said:

GMP said:

pingpong2 said:

It is SIGNIFICANTLY relevant as it establishes her behavior of lying. This is HUGE for any legal defense. In the same statement where she claims she was abused she also claims to be a poor college student. If she lied about finances then it begs the question: what else is she lying about.

This is 100% relevant and important. Don't dismiss it like that.
Relevant, perhaps. But people are assuming she's paying for it. What if she's not? There are lots of other explanations for how she's taking these trips besides, "She lied about being a poor college student."

People saying, "Aha! She's lying!" on this are getting ahead of themselves.

GoBears89
pingpong2 said:

Someone on CGB mentioned that the program doesn't pay for sports medicine interns to stay at the Claremont with the team. Does anyone close to the program know if that is indeed true?

Here's the way I read it... Her mom was in town visiting. Her mom got a room at the Claremont - and the gal was planning to stay with her in her (mom's) room. It makes sense that she would come visit during a football game weekend - which is why the team was also staying there.
Rushinbear
pingpong2 said:

Or, she's not telling the truth.
cal83dls79
GoBears89 said:

pingpong2 said:

Here's the way I read it... Her mom was in town visiting. Her mom got a room at the Claremont - and the gal was planning to stay with her in her (mom's) room. It makes sense that she would come visit during a football game weekend - which is why the team was also staying there.
I don't know Mom, maybe get a room at the Durant or downtown if it's a threatening environment ?
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
Beardog26
I agree, GMP, that there could be more than one explanation. However, that doesn't make it less relevant to the investigation. In fact, it may make it even more relevant in attempts to discern her veracity and credibility in general. Hopefully the investigation is as thorough and fair as possible. While I wouldn't be thrilled if anyone is bashing our program without factual evidence and giving Cal Football a bad name literally everywhere, I would be equally bummed to learn that our program looks the other way toward coaches and players condoning sexual harrassment.
Rushinbear
Beardog26 said:

I agree, GMP, that there could be more than one explanation. However, that doesn't make it less relevant to the investigation. In fact, it may make it even more relevant in attempts to discern her veracity and credibility in general. Hopefully the investigation is as thorough and fair as possible. While I wouldn't be thrilled if anyone is bashing our program without factual evidence and giving Cal Football a bad name literally everywhere, I would be equally bummed to learn that our program looks the other way toward coaches and players condoning sexual harrassment.
The more we speculate about a scenario that might explain her many actions and statements, the less likely that there is any scenario that actually fits.
tigertim
Good lord. This isn't Jussie Smollett. It's not UVA. This girl isn't claiming to have been gangraped by 15 people at gunpoint with no corroborating witnesses. She said she got drunk at a frat party, people weren't taking no for an answer, and her friends helped her leave. And that players/young volunteer coaches said nasty stuff to her after she rejected their advances. Depressingly believable. And not ok.

I've read through ten pages of this crap and it's frankly unbelievable to me that the response of Berkeley alums to a current Berkeley student's credible claims of sexual harassment is to dig through a college student's Instagram account and whine about her bikini pictures.

Some of you are embarrassing yourselves. Jesus Christ.
cal83dls79
Rushinbear said:

Beardog26 said:

The more we speculate about a scenario that might explain her many actions and statements, the less likely that there is any scenario that actually fits.
Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknownsthe ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our athletic department and university it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
Alkiadt
NVBear78 said:

Alkiadt said:

SRBear said:

Well...one thing is for sure, if her friends had to "rescue" her, there are witnesses to some of this behavior.
She has already posted on a social media site about being diagnosed as bi-polar.

I am very glad you reminded everyone that she mentioned being diagnosed as bi-polar. I had seen the note about withdrawing due to "mental health" issues but missed the specific diagnosis of bi-polar which brings this into much clearer focus.

I have seen first hand the incredibly inappropriate actions and behaviors of one afflicted with this illness and their complete lack of self awareness and objectivity. It is a devastating illness to deal with and I have also seen people destroy their lives while in the all powerful "high" of the manic stage.

Her actions certainly suggest this diagnosis to be accurate and if so I hope and pray she gets the treatment and med's needed.

I am also "family familiar" with bi-polar disorder.
It can explain a lot in most situations unfortunately.
txwharfrat
sycasey said:

txwharfrat said:

sycasey said:

pingpong2 said:

GMP said:

pingpong2 said:

Yes, though I'd say the flipside also applies: just because she exaggerated her financial situation doesn't mean the harassment part is false.

The part that most interests me is her description of one of the coaches flirting with her and propositioning her for sex. Regardless of everything else, that sounds inappropriate and the most likely source of sexual harassment if there was any. It also sounds like something that can be documented (if the texts and private messages actually happened), so hopefully there will be more clarity on this in the future.
Yes. Well said.
KoreAmBear
GMP said:

TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

Fyght4Cal said:

oskioski said:

Fyght4Cal said:

NVBear78 said:

flounder said:

TonyTiger said:

you're kidding, right?

Before I even realized the "meme" button was not a watermark from a meme website, I said in another thread that I should not have been so definitive. And in 2 or 3 threads I offered a mea culpa - I was wrong about that. However, I do think both sides should have been more cautious.
Wow way to own up GMP. You may be the first person in the history of sports message boards to actually apologize for something. For that you get a retroactive Golden Oski.
GMP
Beardog26 said:

I shouldn't have said it's not "relevant" - what I should have said was, "There are lots of explanations for her travel pictures other than 'she's a liar' - and those photos do not allow us to draw any conclusions at this time about her credibility." I kept seeing posts claiming that she CAN'T or SHOULDN'T be believed because she "lied" about being a poor college student based on those photos. There is way too much we simply don't know (and it should be said - even if she WAS lying about that, it doesn't mean she's lying here).

Re the rest of your post: Agreed. I hope she's not telling the truth, especially about Wilcox/Knowlton (which is why I jumped on BearGoggles for saying she said they didn't report her complaint, when that's not what she said). That would really disappoint me. There are people who treat women like she claims in all walks of life and we'd be foolish to think our school is somehow immune. But my read on Wilcox and Knowlton is that they are professionals who take their roles seriously. I would have been extremely disappointed if they didn't report.
GMP
KoreAmBear said:

GMP said:

TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

Fyght4Cal said:

oskioski said:

Fyght4Cal said:

NVBear78 said:

flounder said:

TonyTiger said:

you're kidding, right?

Wow way to own up GMP. You may be the first person in the history of sports message boards to actually apologize for something. For that you get a retroactive Golden Oski.
Lol...thanks. This is obviously a very high emotion situation for all of us invested in this school and this program. I have tried to not draw conclusions, and what I should have said was, "This photo could be fake. We shouldn't draw any conclusions." Instead, I did the opposite, in part because I don't want to see this forum turn into a proverbial mob and make disgusting comments like those I saw on her Facebook post.
going4roses
At this point everybody not involved needs to take chill pill and wait.

Find something else to do/pick up a new hobby/ something to aid in the distraction for now
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
NVBear78
going4roses said:

At this point everybody not involved needs to take chill pill and wait.

Find something else to do/pick up a new hobby/ something to aid in the distraction for now

Agreed Roses and as GooBear stated at the beginning wait for the truth to come out and it will set you free. There is voluminous information out there now confirming that this didn't go down as originally stated and the University is clearly handling this appropriately. The sad and unfortunate thing is that this can cause harm to the University and to the Football Program in the meantime.
tigertim
tigertim said:

Good lord. This isn't Jussie Smollett. It's not UVA. This girl isn't claiming to have been gangraped by 15 people at gunpoint with no corroborating witnesses. She said she got drunk at a frat party, people weren't taking no for an answer, and her friends helped her leave. And that players/young volunteer coaches said nasty stuff to her after she rejected their advances. Depressingly believable. And not ok.

I've read through ten pages of this crap and it's frankly unbelievable to me that the response of Berkeley alums to a current Berkeley student's credible claims of sexual harassment is to dig through a college student's Instagram account and whine about her bikini pictures.

Some of you are embarrassing yourselves. Jesus Christ.
As an endnote: I love this team, I love the players, and I love football. And honestly, the behavior described by the alleged victim would probably be par for the course at SEC programs.

But this isn't an SEC program. It's UC Berkeley. Football is an important part, but not the most important part, of our community. Our student body, alumni, and administration won't tolerate the football team acting like chauvinistic *******s. And they shouldn't. I hope, and I'm confident, that our Title IX office will take these allegations seriously.
Beardog26
Yeah, I am really hopeful that JK and JW complied with proper procedures. My impression having met both multiple times is that each is very likely to have done the right thing, but as many have said in this thread, we don't truly know what happened on many levels. I will continue to wait anxiously for the investigation to be completed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.