Accusation of sexual harassment by Cal football

136,949 Views | 640 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BearGreg
Yogi58
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheFiatLux said:

BearGreg said:

pingpong2 said:

Why did the thread with the texts get taken down?
Because no one can 100% verify they are from and to her.
This is ridiculous. People have been making assertions throughout for the past week that can't be 100% verified, in fact the Facebook post in the OP is one great big unverified assertion. These assertions usually are flat out wrong, and you let them stay. I also know the origins of those texts, including at least one person she referenced in them who extemporaneous to her sending those texts was telling us how much trouble she was so to stay far away. This person's credentials are beyong reproach.

For those who didn't see them, there were strong and credible - hey we have heard that before - documents and evidence that demonstrated much of what the perpetraitor (as far as I am concerned she was never a victim and certainly isn't now) claimed were flat out lies. Demonstrable, prima facie lies. This isn't a bipolar issue or PTSD issue, This is someone who is morally bankrupt. I'm tired of people like this getting free passes to destroy other people's reputations and we're all supposed to politely say "gosh, I hope she gets help with her problems." BS, I hope she has to pay restitution. I also would like to see all the people who jumped to conclusions (despite so many recent examples of where it would be far wiser to withhold judgement,) own their actions.
Greg doesn't have control over what Facebook allows and doesn't allow.

As for you being some authority on what is truth and what is not, you're not. Stop pretending that you are.
TheFiatLux
Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

BearGreg said:

pingpong2 said:

This is ridiculous. People have been making assertions throughout for the past week that can't be 100% verified, in fact the Facebook post in the OP is one great big unverified assertion. These assertions usually are flat out wrong, and you let them stay. I also know the origins of those texts, including at least one person she referenced in them who extemporaneous to her sending those texts was telling us how much trouble she was so to stay far away. This person's credentials are beyong reproach.

For those who didn't see them, there were strong and credible - hey we have heard that before - documents and evidence that demonstrated much of what the perpetraitor (as far as I am concerned she was never a victim and certainly isn't now) claimed were flat out lies. Demonstrable, prima facie lies. This isn't a bipolar issue or PTSD issue, This is someone who is morally bankrupt. I'm tired of people like this getting free passes to destroy other people's reputations and we're all supposed to politely say "gosh, I hope she gets help with her problems." BS, I hope she has to pay restitution. I also would like to see all the people who jumped to conclusions (despite so many recent examples of where it would be far wiser to withhold judgement,) own their actions.

As for you being some authority on what is truth and what is not, you're not. Stop pretending that you are.

You don't know anyone, or anything, you have no connections or influence, and you certainly have no insight. That's not an attack, that is a recap of your posts. And once again you've embarrassed yourself. You're just not smart enough to see it. Of course Greg doesn't have control of what Facebook posts, but he does have control about whether or not this site reposts it. Just like he decided to have control about reposting a text exchange, which of course he has no control over the original exchange.
packawana
TheFiatLux said:

BearGreg said:

pingpong2 said:

I would agree with this with regards to the original accusation if the texts were shared under a public moniker rather than a private one. Let the person who posted/shared those texts publicly renounce the accuser as the accuser has done to the accused, then the texts are entitled to the same rights and privileges that the accuser has been afforded. Otherwise, I don't see what distinguishes treating those texts as credible beyond reproach when we wouldn't apply the same standard to an anonymous accusation. That's a double standard that we know would be applied if she had made the accusations anonymously instead of publicly.

Now, if we're going to go by the logic that texts are credible because we (the users) can claim they're credible, then I could just make up a bunch of texts about the players, post them on this site, and argue that they're credible because I claim they come from a credible source. That's essentially where that logic would lead.
Bobodeluxe
This is some good sh17:

"You're a terrible person. You're rude to everyone. But worse, is you don't even have the minimum intellectual capacity to back it up."

The best fan base in Trump's Murkuh.
71Bear
TheFiatLux said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

BearGreg said:

pingpong2 said:

You don't know anyone, or anything, you have no connections or influence, and you certainly have no insight. That's not an attack, that is a recap of your posts. And once again you've embarrassed yourself. You're just not smart enough to see it. Of course Greg doesn't have control of what Facebook posts, but he does have control about whether or not this site reposts it. Just like he decided to have control about reposting a text exchange, which of course he has no control over the original exchange.

You're a terrible person. You're rude to everyone. But worse, is you don't even have the minimum intellectual capacity to back it up.
Connections and/or influence will do you no good re: this issue. The principals are forbidden by law from discussing the matter with anyone other than those who are conducting the investigation. None of us know "anything".

Yogi58
TheFiatLux said:

Of course Greg doesn't have control of what Facebook posts, but he does have control about whether or not this site reposts it.
So you think the right move for him would have been to delete the original post about her Facebook post?
oskioski
71Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

BearGreg said:

pingpong2 said:

You're a terrible person. You're rude to everyone. But worse, is you don't even have the minimum intellectual capacity to back it up.
Connections and/or influence will do you no good re: this issue. The principals are forbidden by law from discussing the matter with anyone other than those who are conducting the investigation. None of us know "anything".

what?
Yogi58
oskioski said:

71Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

BearGreg said:

pingpong2 said:

what?
In other words, you posting that picture isn't evidence of anything. Nobody has any reason to believe that it's real or that it came from the accused.

Ken thinks we should apologize to you. I don't.
TheFiatLux
71Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

BearGreg said:

pingpong2 said:

Of course connections do you good in these situations. Informal channels allow us to draw some insight so we don't continue coming to faulty conclusions. Actually, some do know more than others. For some reason some members of this board refuse to accept this basic fact, which would be OK if they didn't lend credibility to conclusions based on absolutely nothing.
Yogi58
TheFiatLux said:

71Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

BearGreg said:

pingpong2 said:

Of course connections do you good in these situations. Informal channels allow us to draw some insight so we don't continue coming to faulty conclusions. Actually, some do know more than others. For some reason some members of this board refuse to accept this basic fact, which would be OK if they didn't lend credibility to conclusions based on absolutely nothing.
Which faulty conclusions are those, oh arbiter of truth and falsehood?
Goobear
Ok guys...

Stop this nonsense of attacking each other. Some know more than others but even so, here is my favorite saying:

You don't know what you don't know.

The truth will set us free..
SurvivorOf1and10fkaLEA
Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Of course Greg doesn't have control of what Facebook posts, but he does have control about whether or not this site reposts it.
So you think the right move for him would have been to delete the original post about her Facebook post?
*Yogi Bear, this is going to go over your head, so just move on; unless, you want to continue to put your intellectual incapacity on flamboyant display.

I'm not responding to your post because I have any hope that you'll be able to comprehend what I'm about to write and form a well-reasoned response. I'm responding because your failed attempt to make a point via a rhetorical question actually raises a valid question for BearGreg: why only remove the content that is seemingly unfavorable for the claimant?

In addition to the fact that the claimant's FB post strategically alleged almost all of the factual elements necessary to establish a prima facie case for the opt-used CA causes of action for harassment, discrimination, failure to remedy, etc., the other clear indication that attorney work product went into her FB post is how strategic she was in naming and not naming people within the Cal football program and school administration. Clearly, her lawyers were concerned about the potential liability for libel that could come from her post. They limited the naming to the people who could arguably called public figures thereby only naming people they believe would have to carry the shifted burden of proof to establish falsity.

Things like the potential liability for libel are probably not on the minds of poor, simple-minded people like Yogi Bear but was probably on the minds of the claimant's lawyers in posting on FB and BearGreg and the Bear Insider staff in deciding to remove certain content from these boards.

However, as a well-informed person who is experienced in operating an internet message board, BearGreg is probably intimately aware of the broad distributor immunity that a board like this enjoys as a result of Section 230 of the CDA and that the likelihood of BI being found liable for libel is next to nothing. "No one can 100% verify they are from and to her" is not the legal standard to establish an exception to the immunity, and no one has been able to 100% verify that her FB post allegations are true either. So why remove only the content that tends to portray the claimant in a bad light?

Well, BearGreg is probably aware that as a public entity, Cal and its high caliber team of (probably overpaid) lawyers will not act unreasonably, irresponsibly vis-a-via BI thereby exposing themselves to anti-SLAPP liability; whereas, the likely bottom-feeding scumbag extortionists representing claimant will probably have no problem rattling their sabers and even suing BI for injunctive remedies to get anything portraying claimant in a negative out of the public light.

It's probably a wise business decision for a company that probably lacks the financial resources to defend an injunction suit and counterclaim for anti-SLAPP. Plus, why deal with the headache if you don't have to?

But, it does raise an ethical dilemma for BI. Why only remove the unsubstantiated claims that portray the claimant in a negative light and not the unsubstantiated claims that portray our university in a negative light? Is it bias? Is it cowardice? Either way, it demonstrates a lack of integrity and an unwillingness to stand on principle.

Have the stones to keep both sides of the story up, or have the integrity to be fair to both sides by removing all of the unsubstantiated claims.
SurvivorOf1and10fkaLEA
Yogi Bear said:

oskioski said:

71Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

BearGreg said:

pingpong2 said:

what?
In other words, you posting that picture isn't evidence of anything. Nobody has any reason to believe that it's real or that it came from the accused.

Neither is the FB post you reposted evidence of anything. Why are you so dense that you can't see that this message board isn't a court of law and that everything that has been posted here is unsubstantiated? "I found it on the internet on Facebook" is insufficient to establish authenticity or veracity. Stop dipping in and out of your less than elementary understanding of the way the legal system works to support your clearly biased position.
Yogi58
SurvivorOf1and10fkaLEA said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

*Yogi Bear, this is going to go over your head, so just move on; unless, you want to continue to put your intellectual incapacity on flamboyant display.

Quote:

Quote:

In addition to the fact that the claimant's FB post strategically alleged almost all of the factual elements necessary to establish a prima facie case for the opt-used CA causes of action for harassment, discrimination, failure to remedy, etc., the other clear indication that attorney work product went into her FB post is how strategic she was in naming and not naming people within the Cal football program and school administration. Clearly, her lawyers were concerned about the potential liability for libel that could come from her post. They limited the naming to the people who could arguably called public figures thereby only naming people they believe would have to carry the shifted burden of proof to establish falsity.

If she has lawyers, i strongly doubt that they were happy about her going public.
Quote:

But, it does raise an ethical dilemma for BI. Why only remove the unsubstantiated claims that portray the claimant in a negative light and not the unsubstantiated claims that portray our university in a negative light? Is it bias? Is it cowardice? Either way, it demonstrates a lack of integrity and an unwillingness to stand on principle.

Have the stones to keep both sides of the story up, or have the integrity to be fair to both sides by removing all of the unsubstantiated claims.
I'll let Greg answer that part if he chooses to do so. Suffice it to say I don't think you understand his thought process one iota.

BTW, since you think using your occupation somehow makes you more intelligent than me, I'll give you a scenario. Don't worry if about not responding - I expect this to go over your head.

A mid-sized network with three routers and connections to the networks 192.168.1.0, 192.168.2.0, and 192.168.3.0. The gigabit interfaces linking those routers to the core switches of that network are set to passive mode. The three routers are linked by their serial interfaces 0/0/0 and 0/0/1 respectively.

Would it better to use EIGRP or OSPF on this network if those were your two choices of routing protocols?
Would you use auto-summarization on the routers or not and if so, why?
What percentage of the bandwidth of the serial interfaces would you set for the interfaces to exchange routing information?
Would you use service password-encryption or not in your configuration and if so, why?

And in parting

Yogi58

Yogi Bear said:

oskioski said:

71Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

BearGreg said:

pingpong2 said:

what?

Neither is the FB post you reposted evidence of anything. Why are you so dense that you can't see that this message board isn't a court of law and that everything that has been posted here is unsubstantiated? "I found it on the internet on Facebook" is insufficient to establish authenticity or veracity. Stop dipping in and out of your less than elementary understanding of the way the legal system works to support your clearly biased position.
I eagerly look forward to you finding where I posted that the accusation has established veracity.

pingpong2
Yogi Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Quote:

Quote:

If she has lawyers, i strongly doubt that they were happy about her going public.
Quote:

I'll let Greg answer that part if he chooses to do so. Suffice it to say I don't think you understand his thought process one iota.

BTW, since you think using your occupation somehow makes you more intelligent than me, I'll give you a scenario. Don't worry if about not responding - I expect this to go over your head.

A mid-sized network with three routers and connections to the networks 192.168.1.0, 192.168.2.0, and 192.168.3.0. The gigabit interfaces linking those routers to the core switches of that network are set to passive mode. The three routers are linked by their serial interfaces 0/0/0 and 0/0/1 respectively.

Would it better to use EIGRP or OSPF on this network if those were your two choices of routing protocols?
What percentage of the bandwidth of the serial interfaces would you set for the interfaces to exchange routing information?
Would you use service password-encryption or not in your configuration and if so, why?

And in parting

I'm pretty sure it's your illogical statements and Dunning-Kruger-esque arrogance that has people questioning your intelligence. Case in point; your implied experience in NetOps has no relevance at all to anything here, whereas experience in the legal profession is highly relevant. The fact that you can't understand that is an embarrassment to the school and engineers everywhere.
Yogi58
pingpong2 said:

Yogi Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And in parting
I'm pretty sure it's your illogical statements and Dunning-Kruger-esque arrogance that has people questioning your intelligence. Case in point; your implied experience in NetOps has no relevance at all to anything here, whereas experience in the legal profession is highly relevant. The fact that you can't understand that is an embarrassment to the school and engineers everywhere.
And libel law has nothing to do with why the Facebook post was OK, but not the texts.
pingpong2
Yogi Bear said:

pingpong2 said:

Yogi Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And in parting
And libel law has nothing to do with why the Facebook post was OK, but not the texts.

It's clear that you just don't get it. It's astonishing that you have been arguing (poorly I might add) with so many people on here yet have made no progress in demonstrating any amount of reason or competence. I imagine in your mind we're all just a bunch of aholes, but if you keep bumping into aholes, we'll, maybe it means you're the ahole.
Yogi58
pingpong2 said:

Yogi Bear said:

pingpong2 said:

Yogi Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

And libel law has nothing to do with why the Facebook post was OK, but not the texts.I

It's clear that you just don't get it. It's astonishing that you have been arguing (poorly I might add) with so many people on here yet have made no progress in demonstrating any amount of reason or competence. I imagine in your mind we're all just a bunch of aholes, but if you keep bumping into aholes, we'll, maybe it means you're the ahole.
If I'm arguing so poorly, perhaps you can summarize for me what my arguments are. I would do it, but I lack your high level of competence.
Sebastabear
I just want to say you've moved this thread from unbelievably depressing to spectacular. Well done.
Alkiadt
pingpong2 said:

Yogi Bear said:

pingpong2 said:

Yogi Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And in parting

Game, Set......Match!
NVBear78
pingpong2 said:

Yogi Bear said:

pingpong2 said:

Yogi Bear said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And in parting

+1,000,000
BearDown2o15
If this isn't allowed, please take this down.

Based on the alleged victim's IG story she contacted the following on March 19th: the AD (most likely would go to his administrative assistant) (7:53am), director of Olympic sports (7:57am), Wilcox's assistant (7:59am), and (I guess) the athletic department number (7:59am). None of the calls lasted longer then a minute.

She also lists everyone she sent emails to, however, she doesn't indicate when the emails were sent.

NVBear78
BearDown2o15 said:

Based on the alleged victim's IG story she contacted the following on March 19th: the AD (most likely would go to his administrative assistant) (7:53am), director of Olympic sports (7:57am), Wilcox's assistant (7:59am), and (I guess) the athletic department number (7:59am). None of the calls lasted longer then a minute.

She also lists everyone she sent emails to, however, she doesn't indicate when the emails were sent.

It surely is reasonable to post her exact words from her social media account. Is she saying that she e-mailed the Athletic Administration the same day she posted on Facebook? Does this mean she sent her e-mail in the morning and then made her facebook post at lunch time complaining about not hearing back yet?

Trying to make sure I understand the facts correctly and that all the information is coming out.
pingpong2
If the original FB post is allowed, then I can't imagine why any subsequent statements by the same person shouldn't be allowed.

IG stories last for 24 hours; I sure hope someone saves a copy of it.
71Bear
TheFiatLux said:

71Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

BearGreg said:

pingpong2 said:

Oops, sorry. I didn't realize you where part of the investigating agency. My apologies.
NVBear78
71Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

71Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

BearGreg said:

pingpong2 said:

Oops, sorry. I didn't realize you where part of the investigating agency. My apologies.

Please Cal people use your critical reasoning abilities.

The investigating agency is not the sole repository of all information on this subject. After all by definition they are collecting information from the original sources. I can assure you that Let there be light is close to original sources.

For the life of me I don't understand people here burying their head in the sand and not wanting to see information on this subject that is readily available.

As we all agree the official investigation needs to be completed but by its very nature may not release many details. Yet much info is readily available in the public domain from original sources including the accuser but is ignored.
BearDown2o15
NVBear78 said:

BearDown2o15 said:

It surely is reasonable to post her exact words from her social media account. Is she saying that she e-mailed the Athletic Administration the same day she posted on Facebook? Does this mean she sent her e-mail in the morning and then made her facebook post at lunch time complaining about not hearing back yet?

Trying to make sure I understand the facts correctly and that all the information is coming out.

It's a screenshot of a text message to someone named "Molly". In white writing w/ purple around it she wrote "list of everyone I emailed prior to Facebook post". Surprisingly Knowlton is not listed.
sycasey

"No one can 100% verify they are from and to her" is not the legal standard to establish an exception to the immunity, and no one has been able to 100% verify that her FB post allegations are true either. So why remove only the content that tends to portray the claimant in a bad light?
I didn't see the texts that were posted, but it seems to me that BearGreg's distinction here is not that he can determine the veracity of the claims within the alleged victim's Facebook post itself, but rather he can determine that it is definitely FROM HER, and the posted texts cannot be verified as being from her.

I guess the Instagram post from her secondary account is kind of a grey area.
BearDown2o15
sycasey said:

"No one can 100% verify they are from and to her" is not the legal standard to establish an exception to the immunity, and no one has been able to 100% verify that her FB post allegations are true either. So why remove only the content that tends to portray the claimant in a bad light?
I didn't see the texts that were posted, but it seems to me that BearGreg's distinction here is not that he can determine the veracity of the claims within the alleged victim's Facebook post itself, but rather he can determine that it is definitely FROM HER, and the posted texts cannot be verified as being from her.

If I can figure out HOW to post a pic, I'll post what I was talking about above.

This is from her IG account not her finsta
sycasey
BearDown2o15 said:

sycasey said:

If I can figure out HOW to post a pic, I'll post what I was talking about above.

Sure, I assume that would be okay. Again, I didn't see the texts everyone is talking about, so I don't know how well they were sourced.
71Bear
NVBear78 said:

71Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

71Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

BearGreg said:

pingpong2 said:

The investigating agency is not the sole repository of all information on this subject. After all by definition they are collecting information from the original sources. I can assure you that Let there be light is close to original sources.

For the life of me I don't understand people here burying their head in the sand and not wanting to see information on this subject that is readily available.

As we all agree the official investigation needs to be completed but by its very nature may not release many details. Yet much info is readily available in the public domain from original sources including the accuser but is ignored.
The investigating agency is collecting information from original sources who, by law, are forbidden to speak publicly about what they know. Based on information that has been made public (that may or may not be factual), we can all speculate.

My point is simple. This is a fan website. Opinions will always be tinted with shades of blue and gold. I get that. What I don't understand is the need for some people to try and bludgeon the rest of us with their all-knowing attitude, especially those who purport to have been permitted a peek "behind the curtain". That is a load of s... and someone needs to call them on it.

Hell, I don't have a freaking clue what happened. I am trusting the investigating agency to do their job and let the chips fall where they may. If a Cal employee or student is guilty of harassment, they should be punished to the full extent of the law. If the accuser has fabricated her story, she should also be held responsible for disrupting the lives of those she accused.

NVBear78
71Bear said:

NVBear78 said:

71Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

71Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

BearGreg said:

pingpong2 said:

The investigating agency is collecting information from original sources who, by law, are forbidden to speak publicly about what they know. Based on information that has been made public (that may or may not be factual), we can all speculate.

My point is simple. This is a fan website. Opinions will always be tinted with shades of blue and gold. I get that. What I don't understand is the need for some people to try and bludgeon the rest of us with their all-knowing attitude, especially those who purport to have been permitted a peek "behind the curtain". That is a load of s... and someone needs to call them on it.

Hell, I don't have a freaking clue what happened. I am trusting the investigating agency to do their job and let the chips fall where they may. If a Cal employee or student is guilty of harassment, they should be punished to the full extent of the law. If the accuser has fabricated her story, she should also be held responsible for disrupting the lives of those she accused.

Having said all that, I do want to make it clear that I have a great deal of respect for most of the posters here. While I may disagree with individuals regarding particular issues, I think the vast majority of people attempt to present their opinions in a cogent manner.

71, back in the Tedford days you had good sources and original info and were a wonderful resource on the board in sharing info. There are people today who have first hand contacts and knowledge and are sharing it.

I don't understand why that seemingly offends yogi or you or others. I have come to this board for years to glean information from the amazing array of Cal fans. Sure there are some who imply inside info that is not correct but there are key people here who have inside info and are kind enough to share it and have proven their credibility.

As Fiat states there is readily available information in the public domain that call the assertions made into question. I suggest people assess that information themselves.
NVBear78
BearDown2o15 said:

sycasey said:

Can someone please explain how to post a picture or screen capture? I can paste a link but that's where my skills end.
71Bear
NVBear78 said:

71Bear said:

NVBear78 said:

71Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

71Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

BearGreg said:

pingpong2 said:

BGWhy did the thread with the texts get taken down?

Having said all that, I do want to make it clear that I have a great deal of respect for most of the posters here. While I may disagree with individuals regarding particular issues, I think the vast majority of people attempt to present their opinions in a cogent manner.

71, back in the Tedford days you had good sources and original info and were a wonderful resource on the board in sharing info. There are people today who have first hand contacts and knowledge and are sharing it.

I don't understand why that seemingly offends yogi or you or others. I have come to this board for years to glean information from the amazing array of Cal fans. Sure there are some who imply inside info that is not correct but there are key people here who have inside info and are kind enough to share it and have proven their credibility.

As Fiat states there is readily available information in the public domain that call the assertions made into question. I suggest people assess that information themselves.
There is a huge difference between sharing information that is obtained via inside contacts and is not restricted by the law and sharing legally protected information. I call into question those who suggest they are in the know because either they are lying (or they have a grossly overinflated sense of who they are) or someone has violated the law (and I do not believe any parties involved in this matter have broken any laws pertaining to confidentiality).

Enough is enough. I think it's time to move on and let the agency have their say. No more from me on this topic........

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.