So are there any rumors on replacement OCs?

29,200 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GBear4Life
NVBear78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
heartofthebear said:

Bobodeluxe said:

GBear4Life said:

Bobodeluxe said:

There is enough returning talent on offense to be average.
Based on what? Certainly not the eye test or the recruiting rankings
Injuries. The return of all healthy players, plus the addition of another tight end, and the supposed speedy wideout. If the line is average, the skill players can approach that level.

The defense will be average, or slightly better.

I wait until the games are played to despair, and I never hope for much.

I am never disappointed, and occasionally surprised.
I would add that teams tend to improve as their lines mature.
Cal has a significant percentage of both lines returning next season.
They lose Toailoa on the DL and Ben Hawk-Schrider OLB/DE and Bazakas on the OL.
Curhan may leave do to graduation but that has not been determined.
Anyway, that's it.
Cal will have returners on the DL that were at least part time starters.
They will have at least 4 of the 5 players slated to start on the OL at the beginning of the season.

Overall on offense Cal has at least 7 difference makers returning on offense:
Curhan
Craig
Saffell
Remigio
Garbers
Brown
Crawford
And they only lose one impact player J. Duncan and 3 players overall on offense.

Cal will lose only 8 players overall on defense but it will include 5 impact players
Toalioa
Hawkins
Davis
Weaver
Beck

But they do return several key players due to being granted 6th year eligibility and, in general they will return 9 significant players with
Maldonado
Bequette
Z. Johnson
B. Johnson
Drayden
Deng
Goode
Hicks
Bynum

While Cal has serviceable players to start at safety and nickle in Drayden, Humphries, Smith Woodson and Scott and at ILB with Deng, Smith and Antzoulatos, we will have very little depth in the interior back 7.

And there is always the question of how many R-Jr. players will not return because they have graduated and elect another school or the NFL over Cal for their post-grad football. Those players include guys like
Paul OLB/DE
Bynum CB
Goode OLB
Williams OG
Curhan OT
Udeogu OLB/DE

Most of those last players are key components to Cal's future success

Heart: Thanks for a very good assessment-interested to hear more from you and any others with inside information on potential player movement...
71Bear
wifeisafurd said:

why is anyone discussing Lupoi in a thread about an offensive coordinator?
Because everyone is tired of talking about Dykes? Hey, it is either Sonny or Tosh, pick your poison........
heartofthebear
Joker said:

Fyght4Cal said:

Bear19 said:

Pigskin Pete said:

I'm hard pressed to think of an alum other than Lupoi that actually was able to do that and in light of his success at other universities, he was just a good recruiter period.
Yea, he recriuted real jems. They all attended class, graduated with a Cal degree, treated Freshmen & new players with respect & supported them, stuck with Cal after Tedford left, and finished Lupoi's last year at Cal with a 9-3 record!

Oh, wait, that last year was 3-9. They were the lowest graduating bunch in Cal's history (graduated only 47 percent of football players who entered school between 2002 and 2005 -- the lowest rate in the Pac-12), engaged in fights with new team members in the locker room, and abandoned Cal the minute it became clear they'd actually have to go to class, while Lupoi himself was recruiting for Washington while employed at Cal & on Cal recruiting trips. Yep, Lupoi did a 1st Class job of recruiting at Cal alright.

Nevertheless, I'd like to thank Mr. Lupoi for weighing in.
That's not a very fair statement. It's fairly indisputable that Lupoi has been an excellent recruiter at the various places he's worked, no matter how bitter people want to be about it.
People that are obsessed with recruiting often fail to understand the needs Cal has for academic success. Lupoi was probably one of them. Hence, coaching/recruiting success at other schools has nothing to do with how they can do at Cal. Many players and coaches have been more successful before and after their time at Cal because of the challenges Cal presents.

The type of Cal players and coaches Cal needs can be best represented by the comments made by our latest commit JD Rogers TE out of Washington. He refers to the opportunity to be developed into a better person at Cal. I believe Wilcox wanted the job at Cal because he likes the challenge.

I honestly don't think Lupoi was up to that kind of challenge. And neither were the guys he recruited, no matter how many dang stars they had or how high they were listed on the dang ESPN 300 list.

What we need is an OC that gets Cal and can find guys like Rogers that also get Cal.
heartofthebear
Bear19 said:

71Bear said:

Speaking of our old friend, per The Athletic, he is being considered for a job on Kiffin's staff at Mississippi.
If ever there were two coaches that "belong" together, it is Kiffin & Lupoi. I feel sorry for the recruits & families that buy their line of BS.
When I think of the type of politics that gets sold on a regular basis in those regions, I'm guessing that buying BS is a way of life for those folks.
heartofthebear
NVBear78 said:

heartofthebear said:

Bobodeluxe said:

GBear4Life said:

Bobodeluxe said:

There is enough returning talent on offense to be average.
Based on what? Certainly not the eye test or the recruiting rankings
Injuries. The return of all healthy players, plus the addition of another tight end, and the supposed speedy wideout. If the line is average, the skill players can approach that level.

The defense will be average, or slightly better.

I wait until the games are played to despair, and I never hope for much.

I am never disappointed, and occasionally surprised.
Anyway, that's it.
They will have at least 4 of the 5 players slated to start on the OL at the beginning of the season.

Curhan
Craig
Saffell
Remigio
Garbers
Brown
Crawford
And they only lose one impact player J. Duncan and 3 players overall on offense.

Cal will lose only 8 players overall on defense but it will include 5 impact players
Toalioa
Hawkins
Davis
Weaver
Beck

But they do return several key players due to being granted 6th year eligibility and, in general they will return 9 significant players with
Maldonado
Bequette
Z. Johnson
B. Johnson
Drayden
Deng
Goode
Hicks
Bynum

While Cal has serviceable players to start at safety and nickle in Drayden, Humphries, Smith Woodson and Scott and at ILB with Deng, Smith and Antzoulatos, we will have very little depth in the interior back 7.

And there is always the question of how many R-Jr. players will not return because they have graduated and elect another school or the NFL over Cal for their post-grad football. Those players include guys like
Paul OLB/DE
Bynum CB
Goode OLB
Williams OG
Curhan OT
Udeogu OLB/DE

Heart: Thanks for a very good assessment-interested to hear more from you and any others with inside information on potential player movement...
Point is, next year offense is going to be the least of our concerns. I didn't even mention the incredible depth we will have at RB as well as at OL and QB. We will probably be able to rotate 4 RBs next season like the 49ers do now.
BearGoggles
heartofthebear said:

The type of Cal players and coaches Cal needs can be best represented by the comments made by our latest commit JD Rogers TE out of Washington. He refers to the opportunity to be developed into a better person at Cal. I believe Wilcox wanted the job at Cal because he likes the challenge.

I honestly don't think Lupoi was up to that kind of challenge. And neither were the guys he recruited, no matter how many dang stars they had or how high they were listed on the dang ESPN 300 list.

What we need is an OC that gets Cal and can find guys like Rogers that also get Cal.
I can't believe you're inducing me to to defend Tosh (who I have criticized harshly), but I think this is just wrong. Lupoi is a good recruiter/salesman. He has succeeded as a recruiter at all of his stops (and as a mercenary, he's had many). He could sell ice to an Eskimo.

The key was Tosh was not focusing on the right guys. That's on him, but it is also VERY much on Tedford. And when the borderline guys got to Cal, they did an awful job keeping them in class and eligible.

If Tedford had told Tosh what type of players to focus his efforts on (Wilcox's OKGs), Tosh would have gotten more than his fair share. As much as I hate to admit it, Tosh would probably recruit well under Wilcox (which is not to say he should be hired).

Wilcox and his staff seem to get all of this. It is taking a a while, but the recruiting is improving. Still not where they need to be in terms of elite talent to win championships, but they seem to be getting the right kind of kids to take incremental steps toward that goal. Hopefully the improving talent/depth and a new OC can help Cal take a big step forward next year.

heartofthebear
BearGoggles said:

heartofthebear said:

I can't believe you're inducing me to to defend Tosh (who I have criticized harshly), but I think this is just wrong. Lupoi is a good recruiter/salesman. He has succeeded as a recruiter at all of his stops (and as a mercenary, he's had many). He could sell ice to an Eskimo.

The key was Tosh was not focusing on the right guys. That's on him, but it is also VERY much on Tedford. And when the borderline guys got to Cal, they did an awful job keeping them in class and eligible.

If Tedford had told Tosh what type of players to focus his efforts on (Wilcox's OKGs), Tosh would have gotten more than his fair share. As much as I hate to admit it, Tosh would probably recruit well under Wilcox (which is not to say he should be hired).

Wilcox and his staff seem to get all of this. It is taking a a while, but the recruiting is improving. Still not where they need to be in terms of elite talent to win championships, but they seem to be getting the right kind of kids to take incremental steps toward that goal. Hopefully the improving talent/depth and a new OC can help Cal take a big step forward next year.

Just because I did not include Tedford does not mean I am incorrect. You said it yourself, Tosh was not focusing on the right guys and that is on him. Tosh should not have needed Tedford to guide him. Remember Tosh was a student at Cal himself. If he did not understand the student side of it, then what was he doing as a student?
GMP
heartofthebear said:

BearGoggles said:

heartofthebear said:

Just because I did not include Tedford does not mean I am incorrect. You said it yourself, Tosh was not focusing on the right guys and that is on him. Tosh should not have needed Tedford to guide him. Remember Tosh was a student at Cal himself. If he did not understand the student side of it, then what was he doing as a student?

Sorry, this is a poor argument that ignores the reality of any working environment.
Fyght4Cal
Joker said:

Fyght4Cal said:

Bear19 said:

Pigskin Pete said:

I'm hard pressed to think of an alum other than Lupoi that actually was able to do that and in light of his success at other universities, he was just a good recruiter period.
Yea, he recriuted real jems. They all attended class, graduated with a Cal degree, treated Freshmen & new players with respect & supported them, stuck with Cal after Tedford left, and finished Lupoi's last year at Cal with a 9-3 record!

Oh, wait, that last year was 3-9. They were the lowest graduating bunch in Cal's history (graduated only 47 percent of football players who entered school between 2002 and 2005 -- the lowest rate in the Pac-12), engaged in fights with new team members in the locker room, and abandoned Cal the minute it became clear they'd actually have to go to class, while Lupoi himself was recruiting for Washington while employed at Cal & on Cal recruiting trips. Yep, Lupoi did a 1st Class job of recruiting at Cal alright.

Nevertheless, I'd like to thank Mr. Lupoi for weighing in.
That's not a very fair statement. It's fairly indisputable that Lupoi has been an excellent recruiter at the various places he's worked, no matter how bitter people want to be about it.
My apologies, Mrs. Lupoi
Rushinbear
heartofthebear said:

Bear19 said:

71Bear said:

Speaking of our old friend, per The Athletic, he is being considered for a job on Kiffin's staff at Mississippi.
If ever there were two coaches that "belong" together, it is Kiffin & Lupoi. I feel sorry for the recruits & families that buy their line of BS.
When I think of the type of politics that gets sold on a regular basis in those regions, I'm guessing that buying BS is a way of life for those folks.
Puhleeeeeeeze.
71Bear
BearGoggles said:

heartofthebear said:

Goggles, you nailed it in every paragraph......
bonsallbear
GMP said:

heartofthebear said:

BearGoggles said:

heartofthebear said:

Sorry, this is a poor argument that ignores the reality of any working environment.
This indeed is a very interesting discussion. In one camp we have those that see Tosh as being pound scum (include me) and those who choose to overlook his Discretions and value his recruiting as manna from heaven.
Consider being in his shoes. Your boss tells you to damn the academics - full speed ahead. You do your job and are very successful. It turns out however that your boss lost his way and looked the other way. Who's to blame? Vilify tosh and praise Tedford ?

Consider this. You grew up in the Bay Area,went to Cal and had a successful time there as a player. Now your family name is trashed . Would you want the opportunity to redeem yourself and your family name?
Bring him back as coordinator and recruiter and make it clear to him what the academic standards are. Run all recruits through Wilcox

Would this satisfy anyone?
71Bear
bonsallbear said:

GMP said:

heartofthebear said:

BearGoggles said:

heartofthebear said:

This indeed is a very interesting discussion. In one camp we have those that see Tosh as being pound scum (include me) and those who choose to overlook his Discretions and value his recruiting as manna from heaven.
Consider being in his shoes. Your boss tells you to damn the academics - full speed ahead. You do your job and are very successful. It turns out however that your boss lost his way and looked the other way. Who's to blame? Vilify tosh and praise Tedford ?

Consider this. You grew up in the Bay Area,went to Cal and had a successful time there as a player. Now your family name is trashed . Would you want the opportunity to redeem yourself and your family name?
Bring him back as coordinator and recruiter and make it clear to him what the academic standards are. Run all recruits through Wilcox

The Lupoi ship has sailed. Although, I don't give a damn about the stories regarding his departure, I have no interest in seeing him return. I like the direction Wilcox is taking the program. His recruiting this year is an encouraging sign that he may be able to move the needle at Cal.

As for the past, I believe Truman said it best, "The bucks stops here". Tedford was responsible for supervising Lupoi. Tedford dropped the ball by allowing Lupoi to roam unchecked. Tedford paid the price when the entire program fell apart.
Rushinbear
bonsallbear said:

GMP said:

heartofthebear said:

BearGoggles said:

heartofthebear said:

With a history of crossing the line, Tosh has shown who he is. He would not be able to restrain himself, even with strict orders. So, my answer is no.

There are plenty of other guys out there on whom you can depend. We don't need HIM. We're talking about OCs though, right? No one's thinking of him for that, are they? That would be double crazy.
71Bear
Rushinbear said:

bonsallbear said:

GMP said:

heartofthebear said:

BearGoggles said:

heartofthebear said:

With a history of crossing the line, Tosh has shown who he is. He would not be able to restrain himself, even with strict orders. So, my answer is no.

There are plenty of other guys out there on whom you can depend. We don't need HIM. We're talking about OCs though, right? No one's thinking of him for that, are they? That would be double crazy.
The beauty of being a Cal fan...

It is all about the failures rather than successes.

For every 1982 Big Game, there are a dozen failures and Cal fans love reliving those every bit as much, if not more, than the infrequent successes.

Right now, the Sonny and Tosh show is #1 with the audience. That won't change anytime soon......
Rushinbear
71Bear said:

Rushinbear said:

bonsallbear said:

GMP said:

heartofthebear said:

BearGoggles said:

heartofthebear said:

The beauty of being a Cal fan...

It is all about the failures rather than successes.

For every 1982 Big Game, there are a dozen failures and Cal fans love reliving those every bit as much, if not more, than the infrequent successes.

Right now, the Sonny and Tosh show is #1 with the audience. That won't change anytime soon......
Why Tosh's name came up is beyond me. He's a D guy and that should have ended the speculation right there. Were he O, then you could get into his ethics (about which some don't care, apparently).

Lomiton
heartofthebear said:

Anyway, that's it.

Curhan
Craig
Saffell
Remigio
Garbers
Brown
Crawford

Toalioa
Hawkins
Davis
Weaver
Beck

Maldonado
Bequette
Z. Johnson
B. Johnson
Drayden
Deng
Goode
Hicks
Bynum

Paul OLB/DE
Bynum CB
Goode OLB
Williams OG
Curhan OT
Udeogu OLB/DE

Bazakas I believe has one more year of eligibility even though he graduates. As probably the top student on the football team, he could easily get into a grad school and play one more season. That decision will be his and the coaching staffs.

On the R-Jr. list, the only player I think might be at issue is Bynum. His stated intention is to play in the NFL and I think I will depend on what the NFL scouts say as to whether another year in college will help that goal. Tevin Paul could look elsewhere but he fits into this scheme so I don't think the odds are very high.

Curhan (and Saffell) are both in Haas and I don't believe are in the position to graduate in the school of business this year. I don't doubt they have the credits to graduate in something if they wanted to grad transfer but it wouldn't be from Haas.

Daltoso, who is not on your list, I believe is going to graduate this spring. Therefore he could be a potential grad transfer but I think the assumption is that he wants to line up back at his normal guard position and the easiest path to do that would be at Cal and for Greatwood. The question I presume will be getting into grad school.

To me, the big news was getting the D linemen back. Depth is so critical and those guys staying provide it.
71Bear
Lomiton said:

heartofthebear said:

Anyway, that's it.

Curhan
Craig
Saffell
Remigio
Garbers
Brown
Crawford

Toalioa
Hawkins
Davis
Weaver
Beck

Maldonado
Bequette
Z. Johnson
B. Johnson
Drayden
Deng
Goode
Hicks
Bynum

Paul OLB/DE
Bynum CB
Goode OLB
Williams OG
Curhan OT
Udeogu OLB/DE

Bazakas I believe has one more year of eligibility even though he graduates. As probably the top student on the football team, he could easily get into a grad school and play one more season. That decision will be his and the coaching staffs.

On the R-Jr. list, the only player I think might be at issue is Bynum. His stated intention is to play in the NFL and I think I will depend on what the NFL scouts say as to whether another year in college will help that goal. Tevin Paul could look elsewhere but he fits into this scheme so I don't think the odds are very high.

Curhan (and Saffell) are both in Haas and I don't believe are in the position to graduate in the school of business this year. I don't doubt they have the credits to graduate in something if they wanted to grad transfer but it wouldn't be from Haas.

Daltoso, who is not on your list, I believe is going to graduate this spring. Therefore he could be a potential grad transfer but I think the assumption is that he wants to line up back at his normal guard position and the easiest path to do that would be at Cal and for Greatwood. The question I presume will be getting into grad school.

To me, the big news was getting the D linemen back. Depth is so critical and those guys staying provide it.
Bazakas was a redshirt senior in 2019. He is done.
BearSD
Bobodeluxe said:

Wilcox already has made his choice, most certainly.
And given Wilcox's penchant for secrecy, we might only find out who the new OC is when someone spots him on the field at spring practice.

;-)
Lomiton
Bazakas was a redshirt senior in 2019. He is done.
------------------------

Sorry 71, should have been clearer. Sat out R-Jr season due to injury. Available for medical RS (6th year) for 2020.
FloriDreaming
bonsallbear said:

GMP said:

heartofthebear said:

BearGoggles said:

heartofthebear said:

It's not Cal's job to help Tosh feel better about himself and repair his relationship with Cal. He burned the bridge by his own choosing. The fact that JT was later fired (and whether that was unfair) is irrelevant.

Tosh left after promising to stay. He then actively tried to get all his Cal recruits to decommit, whether on not they would follow him to UW. He didn't just burn his bridge, he napalmed it and then took a blowtorch to the ashes.

Coaches come and go all the time. There is no excuse for Tosh's lack of professionalism in the way he left. None. Should Cal fans give him another chance to destroy the football program from within, after he successful did so once before, because doing so might help TOSH redeem himself?

Well, why should we? Seems like a pretty obviously stupid thing to do from Cal's standpoint, so what's the upside? Because Cal needs good recruits and only Tosh can get them to commit to Cal? Is that true? If we need Tosh to un-Cal-ify the recruiting process, maybe we'd be better off addressing the source problem that's keeping quality recruits from coming here, instead of taking a huge risk on an elite salesman. If it takes that much to sell elite recruits on Cal, something's wrong and Tosh isn't the solution.
calumnus
Uthaithani said:

bonsallbear said:

GMP said:

heartofthebear said:

BearGoggles said:

heartofthebear said:

It's not Cal's job to help Tosh feel better about himself and repair his relationship with Cal. He burned the bridge by his own choosing. The fact that JT was later fired (and whether that was unfair) is irrelevant.

Tosh left after promising to stay. He then actively tried to get all his Cal recruits to decommit, whether on not they would follow him to UW. He didn't just burn his bridge, he napalmed it and then took a blowtorch to the ashes.

Coaches come and go all the time. There is no excuse for Tosh's lack of professionalism in the way he left. None. Should Cal fans give him another chance to destroy the football program from within, after he successful did so once before, because doing so might help TOSH redeem himself?

Well, why should we? Seems like a pretty obviously stupid thing to do from Cal's standpoint, so what's the upside? Because Cal needs good recruits and only Tosh can get them to commit to Cal? Is that true? If we need Tosh to un-Cal-ify the recruiting process, maybe we'd be better off addressing the source problem that's keeping quality recruits from coming here, instead of taking a huge risk on an elite salesman. If it takes that much to sell elite recruits on Cal, something's wrong and Tosh isn't the solution.

Well said.
BearlyCareAnymore
Uthaithani said:

bonsallbear said:

GMP said:

heartofthebear said:

BearGoggles said:

heartofthebear said:

The biggest issue is that Lupoi is not coming back so the constant talk about what we should do if he ever wants to is humiliating.
Nasal Mucus Goldenbear
There were too many academic risks taken, yes, but all of you seem to be forgetting there were several of tra$h's recruits who had strong academics before & during & after their Berkley-State years. The latter group underperformed footballistically or checked out for other reasons: lupaid's over-reliance on scouting service ranks, inadequate evaluations & development of players by him and other position coaches, off-field distractions, injuries ret@rding development, or poor scheming from coordinators.

NYCGOBEARS
<Yawn>... Nor Cal Mexican is better and Vogelsong>Kershaw.
GBear4Life
OdontoBear66 said:

GBear4Life said:

Oski87 said:

Bear19 said:

Pigskin Pete said:

In his defense, he was auditioning for Alabama.
Legit programs like Bama and UW saw Tosh's value more accurately than Cal. They paid and got the value, while Cal is left in the dust whining like little girls.
If you believe that, go screw yourself. Tosh is pond scum through and through. He kicked his head coach in the nuts and stole a good recruiting year to better himself. Lay down with him and enjoy.
Like a bitter, disgruntled ex
Northside91
Nasal Mucus Goldenbear said:

There were too many academic risks taken, yes, but all of you seem to be forgetting there were several of tra$h's recruits who had strong academics before & during & after their Berkley-State years. The latter group underperformed footballistically or checked out for other reasons: lupaid's over-reliance on scouting service ranks, inadequate evaluations & development of players by him and other position coaches, off-field distractions, injuries ret@rding development, or poor scheming from coordinators.

Logged in to upvote "footballistically."
Oski87
Bear19 said:

OneTopOneChickenApple said:

As far as location, going to Sacramento from Folsom isn't exactly uprooting. Only about a twenty minute drive, if that.
The coaches from Folsom have probably benefitted a lot from their experience at Sac St. Every coach knows that any coaching job at the college level can change at the drop of a hat.
Taylor was the co-HC with Kris Richardson at Folsom & won the State title with him. The drive from Folsom to Sacramento obviously isn't a big deal. The drive from Folsom to Berkeley is a different matter altogether. Richardson had been at Folsom for a long time and had built that team into one of the top programs in the State. I'm pretty sure that Taylor gave Richardson the assurances Richardson needed to justify leaving Folsom. My point is that Taylor isn't going to leave Sac State after only one year to become an OC at Cal (which he had already done at Utah) or anywhere for that matter.

If Taylor leaves Sac State it will be because he is either forced out, or the job he goes to is so attractive that Richardson will agree it is obvious that Taylor should take it.
Does Richardson get the Sac State job with Troy moving on? That seems to make sense if in fact, that is the case. But I do not think Taylor is the candidate for Cal - I would assume him moving on would be to another head coaching position at a higher level - like the MW or somewhere like that.
heartofthebear
GMP said:

heartofthebear said:

BearGoggles said:

heartofthebear said:

You know, debating whether it was Tedford or Lupoi that should have taken responsibility is not really important to me. It sounds like you know more about the situation than I do. I'll admit, I spoke with only second or third hand knowledge. I am not a Tosh hater or lover. However, I do have a hard time understanding how a guy like Tosh really fits at Cal these days. I don't mean that in a negative way. Tosh seems like a go getter and I think Cal would place too many reigns on him. Additionally, I think that there is a certain amount of desperation to improve recruiting behind those that would welcome Tosh back.

Personally, whether it was ultimately Tedford, injuries/medical, academics or Tosh, I do not share the belief that Tosh had a great track record at Cal. Many of the players that generated buzz around Tosh at Cal ended up being huge disappointments for one reason or another.

Finally, focusing or obsessing on Tosh limits our ability to find the next "Tosh" that could come in and recruit to Cal under the current conditions.
calumnus
Nasal Mucus Goldenbear said:

Lupoi was a master recruiter based largely on being young, smart, tech savvy so ahead of the NCAA rules and a willingness to play up being LDS or pretending his name is Samoan instead of Italian or buying things for recruits like SAT study services. As far as focusing on 4 and 5 star players, I have absolutely no issue with that. He was a defensive lineman/coach, the other coaches need to let him know who their priorities are at each position.

The issue was the way he left Cal, especially burning Cal's last in-home with Shaq Thompson in order to sway him to UW.

I guess it is an inconvenient fact that Wilcox was the new UW DC and was Lupoi's personal connection from when Wilcox coached LBers at Cal? That the other new UW position coaches on defense like Sirmon were Wilcox connections too?

Two key Tosh attributes: youth and tech savvy are slipping away. He was 26 when he became a coach at Cal. He is 38 now? 18 year olds do not think 38 year olds playing video games are cool.

We need to replicate what made Tosh successful in the first place by finding/hiring/promoting a young, smart charismatic tech savvy position coach and making them the recruiting coordinator.
OdontoBear66
GBear4Life said:

OdontoBear66 said:

GBear4Life said:

Oski87 said:

Bear19 said:

Pigskin Pete said:

In his defense, he was auditioning for Alabama.
Legit programs like Bama and UW saw Tosh's value more accurately than Cal. They paid and got the value, while Cal is left in the dust whining like little girls.
If you believe that, go screw yourself. Tosh is pond scum through and through. He kicked his head coach in the nuts and stole a good recruiting year to better himself. Lay down with him and enjoy.
Like a bitter, disgruntled ex
Sounds like you have experience.
Grigsby
I'm try to figure out how someone thinks that Tosh decided the recruiting targets..... Hint it wasn't him.
ducktilldeath
Grigsby said:

I'm try to figure out how someone thinks that Tosh decided the recruiting targets..... Hint it wasn't him.
He decided which players should fake injuries.
Joker
ducktilldeath said:

Grigsby said:

He decided which players should fake injuries.
Surrrreee he did
Bear19
Oski87 said:

Does Richardson get the Sac State job with Troy moving on? That seems to make sense if in fact, that is the case.
My guess is that Richardson would not get the HC position at Sac State. His background is limited to HS, and while very successful at Folsom, it is not broad enough to warrant jumping to a D1 college HC. Though that's only a guess on my part.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.