the OFFICIAL Game thread against Westwood Community College

35,360 Views | 388 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 01Bear
SmellinRoses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FremontBear said:

Piss poor debut for Bill Musgrave's WC Offense. Let's hope this crap is an exception.

Piss poor - is giving Musgrave too much credit. Worst coordinator debut can remember.
bipolarbear
It's just one thing, but I thought Garbers face looked extremely pale. I hope he's not sick.
01Bear
SmellinRoses said:

FremontBear said:

Piss poor debut for Bill Musgrave's WC Offense. Let's hope this crap is an exception.

Piss poor - is giving Musgrave too much credit. Worst coordinator debut can remember.

Worse than Buh's defense?
SmellinRoses
01Bear said:

SmellinRoses said:

FremontBear said:

Maybe Buhesque - best adjective.
Golden One
01Bear said:

SmellinRoses said:

FremontBear said:

Yes.
hanky1
Unit2Sucks said:

After all the complaining about games being cancelled and just wanting to see the play, I'm surprised at all the whining. Just enjoy it for what it is, like so many of you said you would.

This is an intersquad scrimmage agreed to at the last minute. It's not a bowl game or a referendum on our coaches or players.
I'm glad our players were trying to win the game, unlike our fans, who were content on a participation trophy.
sycasey
01Bear said:

SmellinRoses said:

FremontBear said:

Yeah that one is hard to top. I'll have to give it to Buh.
01Bear
Golden One said:

01Bear said:

SmellinRoses said:

FremontBear said:

Yes.

*surprised*
smh
HoopDreams said:

Extremely irritating commercial
Yet nowhere near as bad as the fake crowd noise added by the broadcast team on every fark'n play.
smh
dimitrig said:

Why is this game at 9am again?
wild ass guess: running away from head to head left-coastal NFL games
^ booth
smh
GranadaHillsBear said:

Has Chip Kelly worn his mask once? There should be a penalty for mask violations.
every few seconds he has to spit.. tabacky?
smh
LunchTime said:

******* gosh darn pop-ups on EVERY SINGLE click on this site are obnoxious.
dunno, but someone sneaky alleged turning Javascript Off is better different
smh
Golden One said:

We'just given up.
fans?
smh
concordtom said:

I imagine I am not the 4th person to say that this piped in crowd noise sucks, and is very annoying.
YES!!
smh
concordtom said:

OldenBear said:

when does basketball start?
Midnight Madness, October 2021
hey, don't hex it.
# covid covid go away, come again another..ever

never-miind
Big C
bipolarbear said:

It's just one thing, but I thought Garbers face looked extremely pale. I hope he's not sick.

I remember the days when we were just Monday Morning Quarterbacks. Now we're urgent care doctors, too!
AunBear89
Psst. Hey, Mensa, fans have ZERO impact on the game. Doesn't matter what we feel or how we root. Particularly these days with empty stadiums.

But you do you...
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Efini
hanky1 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

After all the complaining about games being cancelled and just wanting to see the play, I'm surprised at all the whining. Just enjoy it for what it is, like so many of you said you would.

This is an intersquad scrimmage agreed to at the last minute. It's not a bowl game or a referendum on our coaches or players.
I'm glad our players were trying to win the game, unlike our fans, who were content on a participation trophy.

Sounds like the average CAL fan, glad I wasnt reading this site when we lost 35-0 to Utah a year ago. Haha
concordtom
smh said:

HoopDreams said:

Extremely irritating commercial
Yet nowhere near as bad as the fake crowd noise added by the broadcast team on every fark'n play.

Thank you.
I can't believe this issue didn't get penalized for excessive piling on.
It was too much, for sure!!!
Post removed:
by user
Econ For Dummies
hanky1 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

It's the only song we know, it's boring and it's slow
oskioski
blungld said:

oskioski said:

what's the scientific rationale for coaches wearing masks, when they've all been tested? absolutely insane.
Because you can test negative and still be an asymptomatic spreader or have an incorrect test result and because you are an ADULT and should set a good example for young men, and because you are well paid to not be an ignorant ass. No, it's not insane, but your post was a little.
then what's the point of testing. your argument unravels.

as an adult you should treat the players in your charge to think critically.

you would like china, or 1970s ussr.
oskioski
pingpong2 said:

I'm proud of how much social distancing I'm seeing from our guys on the field.
lol...ZING!
blungld
oskioski said:

blungld said:

oskioski said:

what's the scientific rationale for coaches wearing masks, when they've all been tested? absolutely insane.
Because you can test negative and still be an asymptomatic spreader or have an incorrect test result and because you are an ADULT and should set a good example for young men, and because you are well paid to not be an ignorant ass. No, it's not insane, but your post was a little.

Dude, spare yourself. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
hanky1
blungld said:

oskioski said:

blungld said:

oskioski said:

Are you sure?

Science

BearChemist
hanky1 said:

blungld said:

oskioski said:

blungld said:

oskioski said:

Are you sure?

Science

I'd like to remind everyone that janky1 is a HCQ proponent and suggested COVID would disappear on November 4th. He is as much an expert as Furdie Atlas.
sycasey
BearChemist said:

hanky1 said:

blungld said:

oskioski said:

blungld said:

oskioski said:

Are you sure?

Science

I'd like to remind everyone that janky1 is a HCQ proponent and suggested COVID would disappear on November 4th. He is as much an expert as Furdie Atlas.

He also appears to be posting Fauci comments from many months ago, when we knew less about this virus.
oskioski
blungld said:

oskioski said:

blungld said:

oskioski said:

Post-lockdown SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid screening in nearly ten million residents of Wuhan, China | Nature Communications

Quote:

A paper that analyzed the results of a massive post-lockdown Covid-19 testing drive that included nearly every eligible resident of Wuhan, China has found no evidence that positive cases without symptoms spread the disease.

not "it's" rare. rather NO NONE ZIP cases of asymptomatic spreading the disease. i know what i'm talking about. the weird thing you'd think people would be excited about this news. instead they argue to maintain an original position. weird.
blungld
You said coaches should teach their players to think critically. How in the world is it "thinking critically" to ignore the health precautions around wearing a mask for yourself, your team, and your community? That is not critical thinking that is making a vague denial of science and partisan public statement that has nothing to do with being an adult.

The coach and his players are nor experts on the virus and so any position taken that is counter to the scientific community is the coach editorializing and/or pushing his politics on the team. That too is not critical thinking.

Let's just say for arguments sake the science around wearing a mask was in doubt (it's not), being in doubt is not the same as conclusive. So you're saying that the responsible adult critical thinking position is for the coach to err on the side of passing on a disease? Why? So no one can tell him what to do? Or he doesn't want to look like a Liberal? Or because Trump doesn't? There is not one good reason that an adult leader of other men would not teach them to respect the scientific consensus, to admit what you don't know and defer to experience, and to err on protecting their teammates. It is just as ludicrous to think Fauci should tell Wilcox how to run his defense as it would be for Wilcox to ignore Fauci's recommendation to wear a mask because he found an internet article that questions wearing a mask...or because one time Fauci questioned wearing a mask at the start of the pandemic (for reasons that have been explained).

oskioski
blungld said:

You said coaches should teach their players to think critically. How in the world is it "thinking critically" to ignore the health precautions around wearing a mask for yourself, your team, and your community? That is not critical thinking that is making a vague denial of science and partisan public statement that has nothing to do with being an adult.

The coach and his players are nor experts on the virus and so any position taken that is counter to the scientific community is the coach editorializing and/or pushing his politics on the team. That too is not critical thinking.

Let's just say for arguments sake the science around wearing a mask was in doubt (it's not), being in doubt is not the same as conclusive. So you're saying that the responsible adult critical thinking position is for the coach to err on the side of passing on a disease? Why? So no one can tell him what to do? Or he doesn't want to look like a Liberal? Or because Trump doesn't? There is not one good reason that an adult leader of other men would not teach them to respect the scientific consensus, to admit what you don't know and defer to experience, and to err on protecting their teammates. It is just as ludicrous to think Fauci should tell Wilcox how to run his defense as it would be for Wilcox to ignore Fauci's recommendation to wear a mask because he found an internet article that questions wearing a mask...or because one time Fauci questioned wearing a mask at the start of the pandemic (for reasons that have been explained).
you wrote:

Quote:

Because you can test negative and still be an asymptomatic spreader

that is simply not true. unless you want to argue against the actual science. i like your posts. i like how you've treated my friend on here. you don't need to rude.

Quote:

Let's just say for arguments sake the science around wearing a mask was in doubt (it's not),

this also isn't true. it's very much doubted.
sycasey
20% of Coronavirus Infections Are Asymptomatic but Still Contagious
01Bear
oskioski said:

blungld said:

oskioski said:

blungld said:

oskioski said:

Post-lockdown SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid screening in nearly ten million residents of Wuhan, China | Nature Communications

Quote:

A paper that analyzed the results of a massive post-lockdown Covid-19 testing drive that included nearly every eligible resident of Wuhan, China has found no evidence that positive cases without symptoms spread the disease.

not "it's" rare. rather NO NONE ZIP cases of asymptomatic spreading the disease. i know what i'm talking about. the weird thing you'd think people would be excited about this news. instead they argue to maintain an original position. weird.

Except that wasn't even the purpose of (let alone the conclusions drawn by) the study.

For starters, the study was focusing on how prevalent Covid-19 was in Wuhan after China had been locked down for months. It wasn't studying whether the virus was transmissible by asymptomatic carriers. Instead, the study's authors recognized that asymptomatic spread was possible. Finally, the authors recognized that the use of RNA could provide false positives by including people who actually never had Covid-19, but may have been exposed to the virus at low viral loads.

If anything, this study showed the efficacy of actual lockdowns. You know, the very thing you and many others are decrying.
blungld
oskioski said:

Quote:

Because you can test negative and still be an asymptomatic spreader

that is simply not true. unless you want to argue against the actual science. i like your posts. i like how you've treated my friend on here. you don't need to rude.

Quote:

Let's just say for arguments sake the science around wearing a mask was in doubt (it's not),

this also isn't true. it's very much doubted.
Who was I rude to?

So in trying to straighten me out and inform me of "the science" you state things that are wrong. Nice.

But all that aside, what is your actual position? That Wilcox should have his players not wear masks because that teaches them critical thinking? And the reason you think this is because YOU doubt the science?

Can you try and explain what your position is and what error has been made in teaching young men critical thinking, or were you just venting your own personal politics?

oskioski
01Bear said:

oskioski said:

blungld said:

oskioski said:

blungld said:

oskioski said:

Quote:

Except that wasn't even the purpose of (let alone the conclusions drawn by) the study.

For starters, the study was focusing on how prevalent Covid-19 was in Wuhan after China had been locked down for months. It wasn't studying whether the virus was transmissible by asymptomatic carriers. Instead, the study's authors recognized that asymptomatic spread was possible. Finally, the authors recognized that the use of RNA could provide false positives by including people who actually never had Covid-19, but may have been exposed to the virus at low viral loads.

If anything, this study showed the efficacy of actual lockdowns. You know, the very thing you and many others are decrying.

no. this was post lock down. and no, the study showed that tests of close contacts of with 1,174 asymptomatic cases resulted in no new positives.

to quote the study: "no evidence that the identified asymptomatic positive cases were infectious.."

01Bear
oskioski said:

01Bear said:

oskioski said:

blungld said:

oskioski said:

blungld said:

oskioski said:

Quote:

no. this was post lock down. and no, the study showed that tests of close contacts of with 1,174 asymptomatic cases resulted in no new positives.

to quote the study: "no evidence that the identified asymptomatic positive cases were infectious.."

Right. That does not mean asymptomatic cases are not infectious. It means this showed the asymptomatic cases tracked did not transmit the virus. You realize Chinese were testing people regularly and immediately quarantined anyone who tested positive, right? Again, if anything, this proves that lockdowns work--especially since Americans do not test for Covid-19 in anywhere near necessary numbers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.