the OFFICIAL Game thread against Westwood Community College

35,336 Views | 388 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 01Bear
oursdor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearNIt said:

What the Hell is going on with the Offense?

we're playing our first game with no practice against the wrong team in the wrong city on the third Sunday in November at 9am?

(also no playmakers)
remb8888
yep im done. defense looks horrible. offense is anemic

and this was a year we were supposed to be good and bring experience, lol
hanky1
game
BearRaidNation
Okay - now we need to 1 minute drill is and score a TD to end the half to save this game.... lol - this is turning into a scrimmage ass whooping that you would have hoped remained at practice and not on film.
pingpong2
Lackluster offense I was expecting, but geeze the defense is crapping the bed hard. So many missed tackles, reminds me of the Buh days.
JSC 76
Unit2Sucks said:

After all the complaining about games being cancelled and just wanting to see the play, I'm surprised at all the whining. Just enjoy it for what it is, like so many of you said you would.

This is an intersquad scrimmage agreed to at the last minute. It's not a bowl game or a referendum on our coaches or players.

If this was the spring game we'd be saying "wow we look BAD. Hope we get better in the fall!"
dimitrig

Cal can't do anything right
hanky1
Mettauer is picking up exactly where he left off last year: struggling
Trumpanzee
Face mask on offense, that's how bad this game is....
pingpong2
dimitrig said:

Cal can't do anything right
Our special teams already blocked a punt while their special teams missed a PAT, so at least we're winning that facet of the game.
Golden One
We'just given up.
pingpong2
Trumpanzee said:

Face mask on offense, that's how bad this game is....
After an illegal block on defense.
dimitrig

It's all part of the plan to make UCLA overconfident. We have them right where we want them.
BearRaidNation
Doesn't look like anyone wants to be on the field. This is straight hot garbage fire
concordtom
I imagine I am not the 4th person to say that this piped in crowd noise sucks, and is very annoying.
HoopDreams
I kinda get our D, but our Offense looks terrible

No open receivers, Garbers off, no rushing attack despite vet line and vet RBs
hanky1
awful.

ucla d line anticipating our snap count. get some hard counts in there garbers
BearRaidNation
Silver lining - Brown's YPC stat just got a nice bump.
BearNIt
A truly horrible half of footbal.
Big C

Well, we are losing, the game is horrible and I am miserable. But WE ARE PLAYING FOOTBALL!!!
pingpong2
No injuries so far, so that's a positive.
FremontBear
So, this is Bill Musgrave's "West Coast Offense?" It's bad. Just plain bad.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

After all the complaining about games being cancelled and just wanting to see the play, I'm surprised at all the whining. Just enjoy it for what it is, like so many of you said you would.

This is an intersquad scrimmage agreed to at the last minute. It's not a bowl game or a referendum on our coaches or players.

Agreed. It's barely a real game.
Efini
We? The players are playing like theyre rusty, defense under Wilcox has been consistently good and even theyre clearly having trouble playing well. The players havent given up, some emotional fans have.
89Bear
Big C said:

Well, we are losing, the game is horrible and I am miserable. But WE ARE PLAYING FOOTBALL!!!

I'm done. Stupid season!
Big C
BearRaidNation said:

Silver lining - Brown's YPC stat just got a nice bump.

#28 Damien Moore
concordtom
OldenBear said:

when does basketball start?
Midnight Madness, October 2021
Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Agreed. It's barely a real game.
Yeah given all of the circumstances, this game was highly likely to be lopsided, one way or the other.

Looks like we are getting the bad end of the stick this time but maybe Musgrave will adjust the hell out of this offense at half time.

OldenBear
concordtom said:

OldenBear said:

I might run out of booze by then
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

Lol.
So true.
I had to scroll back to bottom of Page 6 to find this and give it it's 6th star - best comment of the thread.
BigDaddy
Agree, Team looks great.
concordtom
OldenBear said:

concordtom said:

OldenBear said:

I might run out of booze by then
Ha.
Unlike sports entertainment - they'll be making plenty more of that. And you can also have it delivered!
Big C

So far, I'd have to give our coaching staff an "F" for game preparation. WHAT GIVES?!? What else have they had to do since January except get the team ready for the first game?
01Bear
The D really misses All-Everything Evan Weaver. Missing tackles and assignments left and right.

So fat Musgrave's offense reminds me of latter era Tedford's offense. Conservative and predictable without any misdirection. On top of that Garbers can't seem to throw a pebble in the ocean today. He's not only so off-target, he's throwing into heavy coverage. It looks like he is uncomfortable with Musgrave's offense (and understandably so).

Holy crap this is bad. Cal's going to get smoked today, if not the entire (shortened) season.
southseasbear
Big C said:

One team is playing football; the other is watching from the field.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.