the OFFICIAL Game thread against Westwood Community College

35,383 Views | 388 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 01Bear
westcoast101
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

OldenBear said:

when does basketball start?
Midnight Madness, October 2021

Warriors are back in about 5 weeks. Thank goodness.
concordtom
Just for fun, because you all need a smile - don't you wish we had that QB who went to the SF community college and then came to Cal highly touted, only to discover that his best talent was throwing paper airplanes???
OldenBear
if anyone's interested, The Pioneer Woman is doing Thanksgiving potluck
Big C
concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

After all the complaining about games being cancelled and just wanting to see the play, I'm surprised at all the whining. Just enjoy it for what it is, like so many of you said you would.

This is an intersquad scrimmage agreed to at the last minute. It's not a bowl game or a referendum on our coaches or players.
Lol.
So true.
I had to scroll back to bottom of Page 6 to find this and give it it's 6th star - best comment of the thread.

So UNTRUE!!! I have a decades-long tradition of being miserable during Cal Football games! Compounding it is the fact that I could picture this being the only game we play, so I need to funnel a season's worth of misery into one miserable Sunday morning.

Don't tell me to chill out!
concordtom
westcoast101 said:

The draft is on Wednesday, I think. I'm all over that. We have the 2nd pick.
Will we keep it? Trade it?
What kind of offseason moves will there otherwise be by free agents?
How will ALL the other teams end up retooling this off-season?

Basketball fans should know that this season has been shortened to 72 games, down from the normal 82. Crazy.
AunBear89
Big C said:

So far, I'd have to give our coaching staff an "F" for game preparation. WHAT GIVES?!? What else have they had to do since January except get the team ready for the first game?

Not to point out the obvious, but we weren't going to play ucla this season. The decision was made - two days ago? How do you prepare for an opponent in two days. During a PANDEMIC?!?

Yea - the baby bears have the same issue, but they've also had a game. They are a bit more prepared.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
concordtom
Big C said:

concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

After all the complaining about games being cancelled and just wanting to see the play, I'm surprised at all the whining. Just enjoy it for what it is, like so many of you said you would.

This is an intersquad scrimmage agreed to at the last minute. It's not a bowl game or a referendum on our coaches or players.
Lol.
So true.
I had to scroll back to bottom of Page 6 to find this and give it it's 6th star - best comment of the thread.

So UNTRUE!!! I have a decades-long tradition of being miserable during Cal Football games! Compounding it is the fact that I could picture this being the only game we play, so I need to funnel a season's worth of misery into one miserable Sunday morning.

Don't tell me to chill out!
LOL.
westcoast101
concordtom said:

westcoast101 said:

The draft is on Wednesday, I think. I'm all over that. We have the 2nd pick.
Will we keep it? Trade it?
What kind of offseason moves will there otherwise be by free agents?
How will ALL the other teams end up retooling this off-season?

Basketball fans should know that this season has been shortened to 72 games, down from the normal 82. Crazy.

I'm definitely in favor of trading the pick, but I'm just not sure how many suitors there are. If we stay put, I think Wiseman is the best fit.
AuBear81
Flashbacks to the Cheeze-It Bowl.
Efini
What?! Who needs spring ball, fall ball, a D line, or more than 48hrs game notice before your first game?

/sarcasm
Big C

If you want to watch hitting and tackling that is SLIGHTLY less sloppy, flip over to CNN and check out Proud Boys vs, Antifa.
01Bear
AuBear81 said:

At least in the Cheez-It bowl both teams kept crapping the bed. It was worth watching just to see who wound up with the most poop. This game is over. Cal is the poop king today.
txwharfrat
So .... THAT was the 3rd and nine decision?
touchdownbears43
Totally agree about the late Tedford offense analogy. Totally correct and way too much PTSD.
BearNIt
Speechless!
txwharfrat
01Bear said:

AuBear81 said:

At least in the Cheez-It bowl both teams kept crapping the bed. It was worth watching just to see who wound up with the most poop. This game is over. Cal is the poop king today.

I had a total Hip Replacement on Wednesday..... man - I would love to be pooping the bed right now....
concordtom
Big C said:

If you want to watch hitting and tackling that is SLIGHTLY less sloppy, flip over to CNN and check out Proud Boys vs, Antifa.
Come on, now. Quit being funny.
Big C

Damn quick halftime! Why not extend it by 15-20 minutes to give the players a chance to get coached up?
OldenBear
txwharfrat said:

01Bear said:

AuBear81 said:

I had a total Hip Replacement on Wednesday..... man - I would love to be pooping the bed right now....

hang in there rat .... Ms OldenBear had that a few yrs ago; worked out real well
concordtom
Big C said:

Damn quick halftime! Why not extend it by 15-20 minutes to give the players a chance to get coached up?
Thanks.
Mission accomplished.
touchdownbears43
This is laughable
Chapman_is_Gone
STFU. If you've already checked out mentally, leave the rest of us alone who haven't.
bearister
oskioski said:

what's the scientific rationale for coaches wearing masks, when they've all been tested? absolutely insane.

Because the testing is a more imprecise science that they let on:

Musk tests positive and negative for Covid-19: antigen vs PCR tests

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/13/musk-tests-positive-and-negative-for-covid-19-antigen-vs-pcr-tests.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/11/13/musk-tests-positive-and-negative-for-covid-19-antigen-vs-pcr-tests.html

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
HoopDreams
and Luc

01Bear said:

The D really misses All-Everything Evan Weaver. Missing tackles and assignments left and right.

So fat Musgrave's offense reminds me of latter era Tedford's offense. Conservative and predictable without any misdirection. On top of that Garbers can't seem to throw a pebble in the ocean today. He's not only so off-target, he's throwing into heavy coverage. It looks like he is uncomfortable with Musgrave's offense (and understandably so).

Holy crap this is bad. Cal's going to get smoked today, if not the entire (shortened) season.
txwharfrat
Don't worry. They will come out after halftime with great adjustments and a renewed vigor for the .....

Oh, snap ....... nevermind ...
82gradDLSdad
txwharfrat said:

01Bear said:

AuBear81 said:

It gets better quick. I had my hip done on 9/11. Easy to remember that date.
FremontBear
Piss poor debut for Bill Musgrave's WC Offense. Let's hope this crap is an exception.
HoopDreams
The biggest issue is tackling
Strykur
HoopDreams said:

They are doing decent enough considering the offense has had only 1 decent drive.
hanky1
We can't move the ball against what is arguably the worst defense in the PAC 12
HoopDreams
Good fourth down stop
oursdor
HoopDreams said:

there's a lot of issues but yikes you can pencil in 2-5+ yards after first contact between the tackles and 10+ in space
BearChemist
Should have declared victory when up 3-0.
bearsandgiants
Guess you don't have money on the bears
bearsandgiants
hanky1 said:

We can't move the ball against what is arguably the worst defense in the PAC 12

We definitively have the worst defense in the pac12

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.