the OFFICIAL Game thread against Westwood Community College

35,344 Views | 388 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 01Bear
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You wrote: "as an adult you should treat the players in your charge to think critically."

Is this some of that critical thinking you were hoping we would teach the young men under our watch?

The thoughtless husks who plunged this NFL season into chaos deserve a public shaming

"Maybe the scariest thing of all about zombies is their vacancy. They have a blank recklessness, with their assumption that no plague can touch them, and it matters not the least if it touches others. If there is a meaning to the zombie metaphor in all those horror films, it's about a moral void in a culture gone badly wrong with carelessness."

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
bearister
Well, the owners are mostly tRumpists (as confirmed by the mentality required to blacklist Kaepernick). You know damn well tRump told the franchise owners aka "the boys" to tool up football season (it wouldn't require much nudging) so that it fed into his predilection narrative that Covid is little more than a nuisance.
With regard to players, I just think that is a reflection of the societal norm of being substantially more concerned with what is good for you than what is best for others.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
01Bear
blungld said:

You wrote: "as an adult you should treat the players in your charge to think critically."

Is this some of that critical thinking you were hoping we would teach the young men under our watch?

The thoughtless husks who plunged this NFL season into chaos deserve a public shaming

"Maybe the scariest thing of all about zombies is their vacancy. They have a blank recklessness, with their assumption that no plague can touch them, and it matters not the least if it touches others. If there is a meaning to the zombie metaphor in all those horror films, it's about a moral void in a culture gone badly wrong with carelessness."

Wait, did I write that? I'm unable to find a post (in this thread) where I wrote that.

That said, what the NFL has done was show that it cared more about potential owners' losses than potential damage to the players' health. This is on-brand for the NFL. We've known the league doesn't care about the health of its players. It covered up and fought against research into brain damage, psychological ill-health, dementia, CTE, etc.'s connection with football for years/decades. It turned a blind eye to team doctors putting players at risk of permanent injury or disability by putting them into games with painkillers, injections, or just plain old malpractice. It refuses to include all former players in long-term health insurance plans.
blungld
01Bear said:

Wait, did I write that?
No, oskioski stated something to the effect that coaches not wearing masks was teaching his players to "think critically" for themselves.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
01Bear
blungld said:

01Bear said:

Wait, did I write that?
No, oskioski stated something to the effect that coaches not wearing masks was teaching his players to "think critically" for themselves.

Thanks! I was wondering whether I may have written it elsewhere.

Now I'm wondering how I managed to get tagged by the reply button to an oskioski statement.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.