cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,270,066 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
let's be real clear on this, the bears staff did absolutely everything (ethically, we're not oregon) possible to recruit big sauce to berkeley but his dad roosevelt barnes (a longtime friend of coach martin) wanted him to stay closer to their ft wayne home

read my lips (particularly if you're a curvy brunette yoga female), caleb swanigan wanted to come to cal...let's be real here, i successfully recruited big sauce along with ivan & jaylen by attending their high school all star games in chicago, portland & long island as part of cal's diamonds are forever class (2015)

caleb is averaging 10.5 ppg, 9.2 rpg & 2.4 apg for the boilermakers which are now my favorite big 10 program

fuschia is the new black#
BearsObserver

Shocky1;842582208 said:

jordan brown is unofficially visiting cal this weekend, yeah he's the top priority prospect with an actionable offer along with bishop o'dowd's elijah hardy & mater dei catholic's miles norris for cal's started at the bottom class (2018)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including roseville)
petalumabear
HoopDreams;842624160 said:

Great shot. I can see myself along with everyone just nanoseconds from screaming "yeah"!!!
Shocky1
petalumabear;842624398 said:

Great shot. I can see myself along with everyone just nanoseconds from screaming "yeah"!!!

are you the guy wearing the "i hate shocky" t-shirt?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842620785 said:

sitting directly behind the cal bench in the 1st row i got to meet the ugly azz virginia mascot, the cavalier

asked that fashion nightmare fiasco if he's ever gonna tie his shoes, the cavalier stared at me with a nasty snarl & was speechless

boom

don't be a dumb azz#

#5 ranked virginia (11-1) continues its march towards a final four with a 71-58 thumping of oakland (michigan, not the raiders)

rpi#
Shocky1
"you try to break me i'm gone go harder"
-tyson jolly

t-man made a visit from prep school in florida to cal the weekend of the coppin state game & made the comment "love being in berkeley"

tyson, your bad azz **** you up attitude is gonna be a real plus for them bears next season, rick ross knows what i'm talking about

the grind (academically & athletically)#
concordtom
Shocky1;841944691 said:

kaboom!!!

jordan mathews 4 star combo commits to the bears and will sign in the nov signing period with ringleader bird

the monster class continues to gain momentum

blue collar banger toren jones to visit sept 29th and deadeye shooter sam singer to visit nov 10th

5 stars lee and gordon will be starting their in homes and official visits but the opportunity to be part of something special playing locally with their friends and in front of their families for every game at the #1 ranked public university in the world will be in their thoughts

the reality for lee and gordon is why would they go across the country to attend an academically inferior college (and a significantly devalued diploma should they ever get injured) in less enjoyable year round weather and play with huge ego guys they really don't know well and that might have shoot 1st/pass 2nd agendas that don't include them?...the economic reality is that plane tickets/car rentals/hotels and food costs for their families to visit and watch them play in socially backwards/non diverse towns like tuscon, louisville, lawrence, etc. is in the thousands of dollars for each trip vs 10 bucks in gas to see them play in berekley

family matters

dominoes baby#

Just going back and reading a bit of history. This above from Page 2.

So, the original "monster class" was to consist of three 5-stars in Jabari Bird, Marcus Lee, Aaron Gordon, then possibly Torren Jones (whatever happened to him?), and sharpshooting Sam Singer. Who else was part of that hubbub?
concordtom
Shocky1;842624435 said:

are you the guy wearing the "i hate shocky" t-shirt?

That's a good idea!
We should have the cheerleaders throw out fuschia shirts with blue and gold writing that says various expressions like:

Tucson is a dump.
Altman is a criminal.
Graduate from Cal and become financially limitless.
Donuts.

#shocky'sgreatest(orworst)hits
UrsaMajor
Shocky1;842624335 said:

...let's be real here, i successfully recruited big sauce along with ivan & jaylen by attending their high school all star games in chicago, portland & long island as part of cal's diamonds are forever class (2015)

Shocky: I know you write this stuff as a joke, or because you're an insecure short guy w/ a too-small organ, but you might want to be careful, since if you really did "recruit" them, it'd be a major NCAA infraction.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Introducing 2016[/SIZE]
[SIZE=7]The Future is here[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Strengths:
Baker is a willowy scorer who has a feathery jump shot that extends out to 22-feet and his ball skills are tight. He can nail jump shots off the catch or convert it off his 2-dribble pull-up. He plays on balance and has remarkable savvy and poise for a player of his youth. In addition, he has the ability to slash his way to the rim and his body control is excellent.

Weaknesses:
Baker needs to continue to get stronger and that should come with normal maturity and weight training.

Bottom Line:
Baker will be in the discussion for elite 2-guard prospects in his class.[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842580205 said:

jemarl baker is a rising 6'2" 165 lbs 2017 guard from roosevelt high school in eastvale (northwestern riverside county) & a key player on the earl watson aau summer team

baker is a scorer with deep range to 22 feet (shades of jordan "let it fly" mathews) with strong ball skills...he can knock down shots off the catch & also finish with pull up jumpers

both cal & san diego state (sister is an aztec) offered baker this july along with an earlier offer from usc & the bears staff will continue to build relationships with the high character young man...baker attended the blue & gold scrimmage at haas pavilion & was laughing with other key prospects doing the hang on the floor seats directly across from the cal bench

yeah, jemarl's game would benefit from working with coach nicodemus in cal's elite & challenging s&c program

jemarl, do you know how important a recruiting target priority you are for the cal staff?

when they group flash visited you a week or so ago you were the 1st prospect that the staff has ever traveled together on a private plane to check out

wheels up, baby#

welcome jemarl baker to the cal basketball family

jemarl is not dumb azz, he got a 3.6 gpa

with the new tighter officiating in college basketball, the staff is actively targeting slashers who can attack the basket & knock down free throws along with the tough blue collar mindset to play relentless d, baker is an ideal cal fit

coach hufnagel is jemarl's lead recruiter

like t-man, baker is a late developing player who is expected to be a top 100 player in the 2017 class

jemarl is joining future teammate alec hickaman as part of cal's touch the sky class (2017), these guys are no lupe fiascos

[video=youtube;9xRLHRO24tE][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including so cal)
Shocky1

cal family#
CalEnviroLaw
concordtom;842624750 said:

That's a good idea!
We should have the cheerleaders throw out fuschia shirts with blue and gold writing that says various expressions like:

Tucson is a dump.
Altman is a criminal.
Graduate from Cal and become financially limitless.
Donuts.

#shocky'sgreatest(orworst)hits

Good idea. I have seen some "Tucson is a dump" references on Twitter.
socaltownie
Very happy with our new recruit. Welcome aboard.
Would be shocked if we continue to see all the freedom of movement calls. You have already seen less of it (aka Virginia game) and I believe over time it will be seen as another effort to try to get the refs to call the game one way which failed.
Shocky1
CalEnviroLaw;842625296 said:

Good idea. I have seen some "Tucson is a dump" references on Twitter.

tuscon is a dump#
Shocky1
do you got your tix(s) for tomorrow's friday nite pac 12 opener vs colorado (11-2) at 8:00 pm at haas pavilion?

tixs are as low as 20 bucks (15 bucks for kids & old people), are you gonna share in the magic of cal basketball?

the time is now#
Shocky1
jaylen, you got the most dedicated yoga practice of all them bears (except me), no wonder you can fly both physically & mentally

namastae, my friend

to infinity & beyond#
Shocky1
st marys (12-1) violated the honor code 85-74 vs them byu cougars at the gaels tiny crack house in moraga

rpi#
HoopDreams
Shocky1

hoping that everybody affiliated with the california golden bears basketball program moves forward in 2016 with a yoga practice...yoga allows you to build a mind that bends but does not break in challenging situations

yeah, who knew that huf is also the sax player for m83?

cal band is great#:bravo
Shocky1
Shocky1;842582674 said:

team: colorado buffaloes

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 10th place

coach: tad "bad luck" boyle

what you need to know about boyle: he took over the buffs program in 2010 after successfully turning around a dormant northern colorado basketball program...he quickly transformed the colorado program with 3 runs in the ncca tournament during 2011-2013...the 2013 bufs team was positioned for a deep ncca run & national recognition in what appeared to be a breakthru season when tad's bad luck came out of nowhere, team leader & catalyst spencer dinwiddie was lost for the season with an acl injury

what up in boulder?: the bufs were a dysfunctional team last season with the now departed biggest gunner in the pac 12 askia booker (17.2 ppg) shooting the team out of games (that's gonna be allonzo trier's role in tucson this season)...team chemistry was so bad that boyle & booker mutually agreed that askia wouldn't play in the buffs ill fated cbi post season tournament...xavier johnson (10.3 ppg & 5.6 rpg) tearing his acl this summer is a huge loss for the upcoming season

josh scott (14.5 ppg & 8.4 rpg) & wesley johnson (6.6 ppg & 6.9 rpg) comprise arguably the best rebounding retunring duo in the pac 12...point guard production & facilitation will be the key re: whether it's gonna be another long season for tad or not, sometimes that bad luck is hard to shake

what this means for the bears: sitting behind the cal bench with coach martin's childhood friend jerry from back in the day in east st louis during the bears gutty & grinding win on a chilly nite in boulder, the coors event center is clearly one of the toughest road venues in the pac 12...the bears gotta work their azzs off this summer with coach christopher in order to be well conditioned enough to compete at a mile high altitude

colorado (11-2) is the surprise team of the pac 12 with only 2 very close losses to #7 iowa state 68-62 & #18 smu 70-66...the loss of inwardly focused asia booker has been an addition by subtraction

the buffaloes are led by senior nba prospect 6'10" 245 josh scott (18.4 ppg with rabb like unreal accurate 62.3% fgs & 9.4 rpg), the best guy in the pac 12 you've never heard of 6'6" 220 lbs george king (14.4 ppg with 46% on 3 pointers, cal defenders must close out on him on the perimeter) & 6'5" 205 lbs josh fortune (11.8 ppg & 4.5 rpg)...6'2" 180 dominique carter (3.2 apg), 6'9" 240 lbs wesley gordon (6.8 rpg) & 6'7" 210 lbs treshaun fletcher (7.4 ppg) play key roles

colorado is a physically tough rebounding team (44 rpg) that can knock down the 3 pointers (41.3%) but that is also careless with the ball (14 turnovers per game)...the bears gotta continue their recent 3 game stretch of defending at a high level & win the battle of loose balls while pressuring (including a full court press at times) the buffs into mistakes...jabari & jordan gotta compete & crash the boards

this is gonna be a brutal battle in a key pac 12 opener for both teams, true cal fans gotta bring energy & noise tonite at 8:00 pm at haas pavillion
BearsObserver
"Junior Earnie Sears of Mission Hills Alemany, senior Tommie Groce of Dorsey and freshman Cassius Stanley of Studio City Harvard-Westlake will produce so many dunks that Dunkin' Donuts will offer each a promotional deal."

Link:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/la-sp-prep-predictions-sondheimer-20160101-column.html

Shocky1;842617862 said:

the cal basketball staff is actively scouting ernie sears, a 6'3" 160 lbs athletic high motor combo guard in the 2017 class from bishop alemany from mission hills (home of kam rooks)...sears is more of a wing than a point guard at this time

ernie is a high energy guy just like his dad who played for the bears back in the day & has grown 2 inches in the past year...sears is continuing to show improvement in his jumper & is an excellent student athlete with academic ambition (harvard is also on his radar)

yeah, cal's touch the sky class (2017) is expected by the coaches to be a large group of 4-7 guys due to the expected departures at that time & ernie sears is gonna be seriously evaluated for potential inclusion

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world:gobears:
Shocky1
[video=youtube;U1qPXNVLuVw][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;wxUrX615raE][/video]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=7][FONT=Impact]Leap Year![/FONT][/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842591620 said:

beauty & the beast#

taylor is bringing her all league soccer buddy julianna to the game tonite, she also thinks a lot of them cal bears are kinda cute

as a dad, i do not share this opinion...they all look to me like sorry azz clowns that don't know how to pass the basketball & create turnovers

wheels up (city by the bay, baby)#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842613886 said:

let's be real here, miss paddlebrooks a 63 year old recess monitor with a bum hip at montera (somebody tell jeff faraudo how to spell it rite) middle school in oakland has taken away more basketballs (after the lunch hour) than them sorry broken down candy azz soft california golden bears during the last 30 days, ok?

kinda wish some of them current bears had more of a **** you up attitude like miss paddlebrooks, asha thomas & tyson jolly, they will knock you on your azz & take that basketball every time

candy azz soft#

guess what, them sorry azz mute ******* bears are #344 (out of 347 teams) in forcing the least amount of turnovers (9.54 per game)

maybe if the guys would act like the dude on the other team was trying to inflict harm on their moms they would play more aggressively & just take the ball away with attitude

this team got final 4 talent but it's really not clear if they got the **** you up attitude necessary for championship basketball
NVBear78
I would love to see the number of turnovers we have forced in the last five games vs the beginning of the season. Seems we have shown improvement recently

ps Coach Martin's defensive philosophy is more about defending until the buzzer than taking the ball away...
socaltownie
NVBear78;842625867 said:

I would love to see the number of turnovers we have forced in the last five games vs the beginning of the season. Seems we have shown improvement recently

ps Coach Martin's defensive philosophy is more about defending until the buzzer than taking the ball away...

Agreed. He doesn't really want his guys reaching....and with the new officiating emphasis that is a good thing. We also do not, as a rule, try to jump the passing lanes too much. As long as we hold the other guys to under 40% and rebound well I don't care if we finish #30o in TO's (though I would note that it would help us run more and that makes us a much more dangerous team).
CalEnviroLaw
Was that our man Shocky out there almost on the court making sure the refs called that technical on CU when their guy pushed Mathews in the lane before that inbounds play in the 2nd half?
Shocky1
CalEnviroLaw;842626112 said:

Was that our man Shocky out there almost on the court making sure the refs called that technical on CU when their guy pushed Mathews in the lane before that inbounds play in the 2nd half?

2 of the refs were blocked out & didn't see josh fortune shove jordan mathews with both hands, i wanted them to check the video replay monitor which is what they eventually did & that resulted in the technical foul shots for creasy

i then screamed at fortune telling him he's a dirty player & "what's your gpa?" which got some of the buffs walk ons laughing

fortune was sitting directly across from me & gave me the death stare but guess what coach boyle froze his ugly sorry broken down shemale azz the rest of the game on the bench

together we attack (and don't back down to nobody)#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=6]Bears are developing an identity, and it's DEFENSE[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Bears Defense forced Colorado to miss their first 9 shots, held the best Pac12 three-point shooting team to only 3-11, and their overall shooting to just 31%
They also held their senior captain PF to 4-16 shooting

But it was also a TEAM win...

Jaylen Brown with a double double, playing under control
Jordan Mathews with a blistering 22 points
T-Wall with 8 assists, 7 boards, and 16 points
The Twin Towers of King and Kam with 6 blocks (and a lot of changed shots), 9 rebounds, and 12 points[/SIZE]

Shocky1

left to right, kingsley "the bad azz english gentleman" okoroh, kameron "josh scott is my bitch" rooks, tyrone "8 assists" wallace, jordan "creasy" mathews, jaylen "chief noc a homa" brown, sam "3 assists" singer

josh scott is gonna probably play in the nba someday but tonite at haas pavilion kam & the king battled him every single possession & limited him to 4-16 fgs, game ******* over...rooks & okoroh teamed up for 6 redunkulous blocks, 9 rebounds & 12 points

t-wall provided senior leadership on a nite that young ivee got some questionable fouls called on him & creasy blistered the colorado warlord cartel for 5-9 3 pointers

defensive intensity for the 4th game in a row is becoming this team's identity, it facilitates the fast break & brings energy to the bench...the buffs really wanted no part of that ****, the road trip to boulder might be another story tho

great nite in berkeley, the stars are starting to align & the brownies are tasty

yeah, we're off to the races

the magic of cal basketball#
Shocky1
taylor's friend julianna thinks nick "the smartest bear of them all" hamilton is the cutest bear of them all

julianna is thereby now the official prez of the nick hamilton fan club

this is cal basketball#:cheer
First Page Last Page
Page 261 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.