Jabari Bird Arrested for Assault in Brighton

27,736 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GMP
KoreAmBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chapman_is_Gone said:

KoreAmBear said:

But anything can pretty much happen to anyone, under the right circumstances.
I completely disagree with this comment. Stop making excuses. You'll never find me doing anything Bird is accused of -- ever.

(Now, I am highly likely to spray one of my annoying fellow BART passengers in the face with bear spray in the coming 12 months, but that's a different story).
Perhaps, but maybe something else. We've all have regrettable things happen, it's just a matter of degree and coincidence whether it gets exposed. Hubris is a dangerous thing.
BearSD
bearister said:

From an hour ago. Drip, drip, drip come the facts:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2018/09/boston_celtic_jabari_bird_to_b.amp

He doesn't look beat up in photo. Psychiatric evaluation, perhaps?
Probably this:

Quote:

The woman told police she was able to leave after Bird passed out with "seizure-like" symptoms.
GMP
BearSD said:

bearister said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2018/09/boston_celtic_jabari_bird_to_b.amp

Probably this:

Quote:

The woman told police she was able to leave after Bird passed out with "seizure-like" symptoms.

More likely to do with the part where she said he threatened to kill himself.
StillNoStanfurdium
GMP said:

BearSD said:

bearister said:

Probably this:

Quote:

I wonder if Bird had some underlying psychological issues which manifested recently which relates to the seizures, behavior outside of the norm, and threatening suicide (all alleged). He has plead Not Guilty and said that the story out there isn't a full one so there's definitely more to come as the trial plays out.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24664132/prosecutors-allege-boston-celtics-guard-jabari-bird-strangled-woman-least-dozen-s
bearister
StillNoStanfurdium said:

GMP said:

BearSD said:

bearister said:

Probably this:

Quote:

I wonder if Bird had some underlying psychological issues which manifested recently which relates to the seizures, behavior outside of the norm, and threatening suicide (all alleged). He has plead Not Guilty and said that the story out there isn't a full one so there's definitely more to come as the trial plays out.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24664132/prosecutors-allege-boston-celtics-guard-jabari-bird-strangled-woman-least-dozen-s

His lawyer says there are "two sides to the story." Well, her side is repeated strangulations to the point of blacking out (with supporting neck bruising is my guess). His side: Well, that should be interesting. Have they outlawed the Twinkie Defense in Massachusetts yet?

Perhaps will become relevant?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intoxication_defense
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
helltopay1
Dear Chapman: with respect to the statement by Koream Bear, you are indeed gone. most of us who are old enough to experience lifes endless possibilities and scenarios know full well that Koream Bears' remark is closer to the truth than not. Let us hope and pray ( unless of course Prayer has been banned from this site----always a possibility considering that this is UC Berkeley after all) that we never have to face these types of decisions.
Big C
We don't really KNOW these guys, personally, but doesn't it seem like SOMETHING is going on here, besides just what she has reported? Maybe not mitigating circumstances, but something?!? Drugs? Medication? Bizarre exaggeration?
oskidunker
Whats interesting is that Bird had back spasms while at Cal which took him out of action a few times. Possible nerve problems. Now the girl said he had a seizure. Maybe he has a legitimate medical problem that clouded his judgement. Maybe not. Am hoping for the best but figuring on the worst.

Go Bears!
Chapman_is_Gone
helltopay1 said:

Dear Chapman: with respect to the statement by Koream Bear, you are indeed gone. most of us who are old enough to experience lifes endless possibilities and scenarios know full well that Koream Bears' remark is closer to the truth than not. Let us hope and pray ( unless of course Prayer has been banned from this site----always a possibility considering that this is UC Berkeley after all) that we never have to face these types of decisions.

I stand by every word I said and I don't really know w. t. f. you're talking about. I have to surmise by your response that you've come close to choking out your wife?!?

And I'll be cute and play around with your name as well, and say I believe you will have hell to pay for doing such a thing.
helltopay1
Dear Gone: ( you don't deserve the Chapman) Was reading comprehension offered when you went to grammar school or have all your degrees been on-line ? I don't mean to be sarcastic, but, based upon your comments, analysis, and reading comp skills, I can only repeat the famous words of john McEnroe: " You cannot be serious." you seem to be a textbook example of what happens when folks go off their meds.
CalEnviroLaw
Lindsay Brauner and Richard Solomon (and others) are going at it on Twitter. You might want to check out Lindsay Brauner's Tweets.
CalEnviroLaw
CalEnviroLaw
Chapman_is_Gone
helltopay1 said:

Dear Gone: ( you don't deserve the Chapman) Was reading comprehension offered when you went to grammar school or have all your degrees been on-line ? I don't mean to be sarcastic, but, based upon your comments, analysis, and reading comp skills, I can only repeat the famous words of john McEnroe: " You cannot be serious." you seem to be a textbook example of what happens when folks go off their meds.

anytime you old kunt...anytime
Yogi58
CalEnviroLaw said:

Twitter wars are a waste of time
concordtom
Is she still in Montana?
concordtom
So, I guess that's the end of Jabari's basketball career.
Do not pass Go.
Do not collect $200.

Sad sad.
So very sad!!!!

https://sports.yahoo.com/allegations-celtics-guard-jabari-birds-domestic-violence-arrest-horrifying-185023790.html
concordtom
Lindsay is an idiot for getting involved covering any Cal sports news ever again.!!!!
Yogi58
concordtom said:

Why? Kobe's career went on after he raped a girl.
concordtom
Jabari made the front page at Yahoo.
Not their sports page.
Their FRONT page.
While a hurricane demolishes North Carolina.

Wow.
concordtom
Yogi Bear said:

concordtom said:

Why? Kobe's career went on after he raped a girl.
Because Kobe was an NBA star.
Jabari is the 15th guy on bench.
Celtics will cut him, and no NBA team will pick him up.
I guess he can play somewhere far from the US where news doesn't travel, but he also just lost many future job opportunities.

I think he also just lost his girlfriend, too. Although she was replaceable.

So sad.
concordtom
Not to mention he's facing years in prison.

Very long detailed SI article.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/09/13/jabari-bird-celtics-domestic-violence-assault-charges-arrest

It's over for JB
Jaylen must be sick about it, too.
concordtom
bearister
...and just think, in the old days Celtic Robert Parish used to beat women like a demon with no consequence and he was one large man.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
Really? I never heard that.

But, two words:

#TimesUp

Testosterone, which served us well for millions of evolutionary years, is an endangered species.
Did you see the bit about the Rams 2 new male cheerleaders?
Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it did have me squirming in my seat.
KoreAmBear
concordtom said:

Lindsay is an idiot for getting involved covering any Cal sports news ever again.!!!!
She's definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed.
helltopay1
Dear Gone: In the immortal words of gene Hackman. " is that some sort of threat"? you also could use some remedial spelling lessons.
helltopay1
The feminization of American males has been an on-going reality for about 30-40 years. Who started it??Feminists my dear lads--feminists who hate men and who have telling us for these many years that there is really no or little discernible difference between the sexes. any differences are caused by nurture and not by nature according to these man-haters. Are you pleased with the results? Male cheerleaders? of course. The prevailing culture has spoken. time to wince.
UCBerkGrad
This entire thread is bizarre and disturbing...starting with original topic to the strange in-fighting among fellow posters. Throw in some homophobia and a pinch of misogyny. Great work boys and girls!
UCBerkGrad
helltopay1 said:

The feminization of American males has been an on-going reality for about 30-40 years. Who started it??Feminists my dear lads--feminists who hate men and who have telling us for these many years that there is really no or little discernible difference between the sexes. any differences are caused by nurture and not by nature according to these man-haters. Are you pleased with the results? Male cheerleaders? of course. The prevailing culture has spoken. time to wince.
Has anyone ever suggested you cut back on the booze?
helltopay1
Dear UC Berkeley Grad: i would say the odds that you haven't read a newspaper in the last 30 years are about 2-1. It's not me who needs sobering up, old bean. but thank you for your concern.
helltopay1
Dear UC Berkeley Grad: There is nothing strange about fighting. Please see thge History of the World. since when are Blues ( new and old) exempt from human nature? Take solace from Winston Churchill who said, " it's better to jaw-jaw than to war-war. "
GMP
helltopay1 said:

Setting aside your argument with Chapman, I want to be clear about what you're saying here because it seems to come out of nowhere in this thread. You're saying that:

A very large (and it doesn't make it "worse" or "better" but it's worth mentioning) man is alleged to have almost killed a (and it doesn't make it "worse" or "better") presumably much smaller woman and your reaction is that people upset about this are, to put it bluntly and in terms you will understand, pussified, and, in your opinion, this is frowned upon in society because of "feminists" (who I will add, merely demand that men and women be treated equally not that they are equal).

Did I get something wrong about your opinion?
concordtom
I'm just really sad for Jabari. He had always shown himself to be a fine young man and we were cheering his future. But now this.... All seems lost.
oskidunker
lets wait and see how this plays out before making judgrments.
Go Bears!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.