national anthem

26,933 Views | 269 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by wifeisafurd
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Since we're all having so much fun here, let's start a pool: How many posts will there be in this thread before it is relegated to the OT board (where the OP won't be able to find it anymore)?

I got "200".
helltopay1
Dear Calalum: it is a matter of record that your pin-up attended Wriughts' church for 20 years!!!!20 years!!!!If that doesn't suggest a pattern to you, I have some beach front property in Utah I'd love to sell you. He also palled around with Bill Ayers ( left-wing terrorist) for many years while in Chicago). Matter of record. I saw him on TV. ( SAW HIM) 5 days before he was elected to his first term, and this is what he said, ( matter of record). n"THIS IS NOT A JUDEO_CHRISTIAN COUNTRY). He actually said that--I saw him and heard him---His Dad was a Communist---he was mentored by a communist while in Hawaii ( mr. Davis) He also installed a communist to his cabinet . He had to withdraw the communist when it was found out---he also made John Brennan CIA director. John Brennan???That would be the same Mr. Brennan who voted for Gus Hall, a proud member of the communist party in the 1948 election. any patterns here????He also had his picture taken with mr. Farrahkan---you know---thge famous muslim leader who regularly spouts venomous jewish diatribes. oh yes---he also spouts regular diatribes against America as well as 'whites." Any patterns you can see here???Your spin-up also had nice things to say about Cuba and the wonderful Mr.Castro. Matter of record...You can look these things up if you want to....Your hero is a fraud---let's be clear----you can be a Muslim and a Communist and a virulent foe of Israel ( which he was for 8 years) but you need to explain those things to the American BEFORE YOU RUN FOIR OFFICE .That was his great sin--and, that's why he was a fraud--you have to say who you are---and let the chips fall where they may---
smh
Big C said:

Since we're all having so much fun here, let's start a pool: How many posts will there be in this thread before it is relegated to the OT board (where the OP won't be able to find it anymore)?
sorry BC,, what board's this? srsly can't tell, subscribe/follow interesting threads every which ways.
muting more than 300 handles, turnaround is fair play
calumnus
helltopay1 said:

Dear Calalum: it is a matter of record that your pin-up attended Wriughts' church for 20 years!!!!20 years!!!!If that doesn't suggest a pattern to you, I have some beach front property in Utah I'd love to sell you. He also palled around with Bill Ayers ( left-wing terrorist) for many years while in Chicago). Matter of record. I saw him on TV. ( SAW HIM) 5 days before he was elected to his first term, and this is what he said, ( matter of record). n"THIS IS NOT A JUDEO_CHRISTIAN COUNTRY). He actually said that--I saw him and heard him---His Dad was a Communist---he was mentored by a communist while in Hawaii ( mr. Davis) He also installed a communist to his cabinet . He had to withdraw the communist when it was found out---he also made John Brennan CIA director. John Brennan???That would be the same Mr. Brennan who voted for Gus Hall, a proud member of the communist party in the 1948 election. any patterns here????He also had his picture taken with mr. Farrahkan---you know---thge famous muslim leader who regularly spouts venomous jewish diatribes. oh yes---he also spouts regular diatribes against America as well as 'whites." Any patterns you can see here???Your spin-up also had nice things to say about Cuba and the wonderful Mr.Castro. Matter of record...You can look these things up if you want to....Your hero is a fraud---let's be clear----you can be a Muslim and a Communist and a virulent foe of Israel ( which he was for 8 years) but you need to explain those things to the American BEFORE YOU RUN FOIR OFFICE .That was his great sin--and, that's why he was a fraud--you have to say who you are---and let the chips fall where they may---

Obama only met his dad once and only as a child. He was raised by his mother and his grandparents (Cal grads and a WWII vet).

There is no "guilt by association." You have probably hung out with people whom you disagree or maybe even did something wrong, immoral or illegal.

Trump "palled around" with Kim Jung Un, that does not make him a Communist.

Trump "palled around" with the Saudis, that does not make him a Muslim and supporter of terrorism.

Trump "palled around" with Epstein and Maxwell and "wishes her well." That in of itself does not make him a child molester. It will take more evidence than just that (similarly, he has publicly "bragged" that he purposely walked backstage at his Teen USA pageant so he could see the young girls naked, as many have corroborated, but that in of itself does not mean he ever sexually assaulted underage girls as others allege...).

The United States Of America is a secular country with Freedom of Religion (and from religion) guaranteed in our Constitution.

Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs, Baha'i, Jains, those with Native Americans practices....even Scientologists and atheists are all Americans.

Christians, Muslims and Jews all worship the same, one God by the way. In many ways Islam actually has more in common with Christianity AND more in common with Judaism than Christianity has in common with Judaism. Of the three, Christianity is the most outspoken against the rich and for communalism. But that is beside the point.

May the Lord grant you peace.
AunBear89
Furthermore, the Constitution (that Republicans fetishized to Biblical status) makes no mention of God or gods.

Further evidence is found in The Treaty of Tripoly in 1797:

(From Article 11) "As the Government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity of Musselmen - and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

The vote in the Senate on this treaty, containing the language quoted above, was only the third unanimous vote by the young senate - out of the 339 votes required to that point.

There is no record of debate or dissent. The full text of the treaty, including the language quoted above, was printed in papers in Philadelphia and New York. There was no public outcry.

The United States of America was not founded as a Christian country, no matter how hard Righteous Righties want it to be.
Civil Bear
calumnus said:

Civil Bear said:

AunBear89 said:

Civil Bear said:

I love how it's open season onTrump but mention anything wrong with Obama and it racist. Quite the effective playbook at silencing the opposition. Thankfully it doesn't sway elections.

It's always been "open season " on Obama for you righteous righties. He wore a tan suit, once. Remember that crisis? Oh - and he plays golf too much.

Shall I continue?

No doubt Obama caught some flack. Also no doubt you lefteous lefties crying "racist" every time helped curtail most of it. Kudos.

Explain Trump's birther theory. He carried that on for 9 years.

HelltoPay was not making a policy critic, he is repeating lies from 12 or more years ago. Why do you feel compelled to defend it?
1. It's not racist to claim someone was born outside the US.

2. Trump's wasn't the first campaign to raise the issue:
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/22/fact-checking-media-yes-clinton-machine-did-start-/

3. Libs playing fast and loose with the racist card go well beyond the birther issue.
Civil Bear
AunBear89 said:

Ok, junior. Whatever you say. There was nothing racist at all about the birther movement, or any of the other stuff that you well intentioned GOP voters pissed and moaned about.
Question: are you this snarky in real life?
AunBear89
Only when dealing with intellectually dishonest people like yourself (and the large majority of conservatives on BI).
Civil Bear
AunBear89 said:

Only when dealing with intellectually dishonest people like yourself (and the large majority of conservatives on BI).
Snarky when you are away from your keyboard or not, you show quite a disdain for those that don't think like yourself. It must be hard for you whenever you need to leave your bubble.
AunBear89
That's a pretty standard issue GOP reply when someone calls you fools on your hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty.
dimitrig
AunBear89 said:

That's a pretty standard issue GOP reply when someone calls you fools on your hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty.

I live in a bubble called America. Yes, sometimes when I leave I am appalled at how backwards this country is despite its wealth and power - and for the last four years it has been moving high speed in reverse.

calumnus
Civil Bear said:

calumnus said:

Civil Bear said:

AunBear89 said:

Civil Bear said:

I love how it's open season onTrump but mention anything wrong with Obama and it racist. Quite the effective playbook at silencing the opposition. Thankfully it doesn't sway elections.

It's always been "open season " on Obama for you righteous righties. He wore a tan suit, once. Remember that crisis? Oh - and he plays golf too much.

Shall I continue?

No doubt Obama caught some flack. Also no doubt you lefteous lefties crying "racist" every time helped curtail most of it. Kudos.

HelltoPay was not making a policy critic, he is repeating lies from 12 or more years ago. Why do you feel compelled to defend it?

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/22/fact-checking-media-yes-clinton-machine-did-start-/

3. Libs playing fast and loose with the racist card go well beyond the birther issue.

No one disputes that John McCain, who Obama ran against in 2008, was actually born in Panama. Yet Trump and others disputed the fact that Obama was born in Hawaii with no mention at all of McCain.

And when presented with birth certificates, birth announcements in the papers, etc. the Birthers came up with a nonsensical conspiracy theory that in 1961, Ann Durham, a graduate student at the University of Hawaii, flew from Hawaii to Kenya while 9 months pregnant, at great expense and against airline rules to give birth in Kenya!, then immediately flew back to Hawaii to fake hospital records at Queen's, fake birth certificates and fake birth announcements in both Hawaii papers (stored on microfiche in libraries around the country), fake photos and somehow erase all travel records (all funded by?) and all for what possible purpose? So that her African American son, born before the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts when the country denied African Americans basic rights, when interracial marriage was illegal in 20 states, could grow up to be president of the United States but secretly not be eligible to be president? Instead of just giving birth to her son at Queen's?

Do you get how crazy/racist you have to be to pursue that line for years after ignoring the fact that John MCCain was born outside the United States? (As was Ted Cruz if it matters).

Trump once even said in effect "Maybe Obama's mother was in Hawaii, but we have proof his father was in Kenya."

And if someone in Hillary's campaign raised it and pushed it for 9 years I would conclude it was racist too.

Trump's (and other's) questioning how Obama got into an Ivy League school and Obama's academic achievements (voted editor of Harvard Law review and graduated magma cum lauded from Harvard law) or even the authorship of his first book were steeped in racism, but were also clearly projection (Trump's father bought his way into Penn and Trump's books were ghostwritten) which is what people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder do. Especially ones that are racists.

helltopay1
Getting back to the National anthem: The NFL, NBA, and MLB are well aware that they are losing coins of money and fans by aiding & abetting their athletes to kneel, raise their fists and sometimes even walk out of the gym ( as was recently done by WNBA players from both teams. Many fans of a elderly nature see these athletes as pampered, spoiled millionaires who probably spell cat if you spotted them the c and the t. The one word that comes to mind is ungrateful to the core---here you are---playing a game you love--you are paid millio9ns of dollars to play a game you love--you get all the fringe perks--women, jewelry, fancy cars, commercials, adoring fans, and, instead of being grateful to the Country which gave you the opportunity to receive all these precious gifts, you show your ingratitude by snubbing the symbol of that beneficence. what jerks!!Racist???Please. Have you checked the rosters of the NBA????pure merit---NFL rosters????Pure merit---MLB????pure merit---I suspect, that, deep in their heart, they know what they are doing its performance art and BS, but---they are going along for the ride, because they feel it's expected of them, and, they don't have the courage to buck the mob. Remember peer pressure in school????same thing here---Keep this up and watch for a backlash. It will not be pretty.
dimitrig
helltopay1 said:

Getting back to the National anthem: The NFL, NBA, and MLB are well aware that they are losing coins of money and fans by aiding & abetting their athletes to kneel, raise their fists and sometimes even walk out of the gym ( as was recently done by WNBA players from both teams. Many fans of a elderly nature see these athletes as pampered, spoiled millionaires who probably spell cat if you spotted them the c and the t. The one word that comes to mind is ungrateful to the core---here you are---playing a game you love--you are paid millio9ns of dollars to play a game you love--you get all the fringe perks--women, jewelry, fancy cars, commercials, adoring fans, and, instead of being grateful to the Country which gave you the opportunity to receive all these precious gifts, you show your ingratitude by snubbing the symbol of that beneficence. what jerks!!Racist???Please. Have you checked the rosters of the NBA????pure merit---NFL rosters????Pure merit---MLB????pure merit---I suspect, that, deep in their heart, they know what they are doing its performance art and BS, but---they are going along for the ride, because they feel it's expected of them, and, they don't have the courage to buck the mob. Remember peer pressure in school????same thing here---Keep this up and watch for a backlash. It will not be pretty.

Civil Bear
calumnus said:

Civil Bear said:

calumnus said:

Civil Bear said:

AunBear89 said:

Civil Bear said:

Shall I continue?

No one disputes that John McCain, who Obama ran against in 2008, was actually born in Panama. Yet Trump and others disputed the fact that Obama was born in Hawaii with no mention at all of McCain.

And when presented with birth certificates, birth announcements in the papers, etc. the Birthers came up with a nonsensical conspiracy theory that in 1961, Ann Durham, a graduate student at the University of Hawaii, flew from Hawaii to Kenya while 9 months pregnant, at great expense and against airline rules to give birth in Kenya!, then immediately flew back to Hawaii to fake hospital records at Queen's, fake birth certificates and fake birth announcements in both Hawaii papers (stored on microfiche in libraries around the country), fake photos and somehow erase all travel records (all funded by?) and all for what possible purpose? So that her African American son, born before the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts when the country denied African Americans basic rights, when interracial marriage was illegal in 20 states, could grow up to be president of the United States but secretly not be eligible to be president? Instead of just giving birth to her son at Queen's?

Do you get how crazy/racist you have to be to pursue that line for years after ignoring the fact that John MCCain was born outside the United States? (As was Ted Cruz if it matters).

Trump once even said in effect "Maybe Obama's mother was in Hawaii, but we have proof his father was in Kenya."

And if someone in Hillary's campaign raised it and pushed it for 9 years I would conclude it was racist too.

Trump's (and other's) questioning how Obama got into an Ivy League school and Obama's academic achievements (voted editor of Harvard Law review and graduated magma cum lauded from Harvard law) or even the authorship of his first book were steeped in racism, but were also clearly projection (Trump's father bought his way into Penn and Trump's books were ghostwritten) which is what people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder do. Especially ones that are racists.

You must understand that being born outside the Country by two US parents makes you a US Citizen. McCain being born on a Panama base wasn't pursued because it wouldn't
have disqualified him from being President.

Wanting something to be racist doesn't make it racist.
Civil Bear
AunBear89 said:

Feel free to be dismissive if it makes you feel better. It's perfectly understandable as by your own words it sounds like you get it a lot.
stu
helltopay1 said:

Getting back to the National anthem: The NFL, NBA, and MLB are well aware that they are losing coins of money and fans by aiding & abetting their athletes to kneel, raise their fists and sometimes even walk out of the gym ...
I'm not convinced that Nike is losing any coin from embracing Kaepernick. Regarding the leagues, I am convinced any losses (or gains) due to the anthem are orders of magnitude less than those due to COVID-19.
helltopay1 said:

... instead of being grateful to the Country which gave you the opportunity to receive all these precious gifts, you show your ingratitude by snubbing the symbol of that beneficence.
I am deeply grateful to have been born in the USA (into a relatively privileged situation) and to have enjoyed the opportunities. I'm also grateful for the freedoms which allow us to express our opinions. I don't consider pointing out a problem as ingratitude, I see it as patriotism. I'd say taking a stand to promote peaceful change is a more noble aspect of being an American than taking the coin and keeping quiet.
calumnus
Civil Bear said:

calumnus said:

Civil Bear said:

calumnus said:

Civil Bear said:

AunBear89 said:

Civil Bear said:

Shall I continue?

You must understand that being born outside the Country by two US parents makes you a US Citizen. McCain being born on a Panama base wasn't pursued because it wouldn't

No one disputed MCCain's citizenship and I don't think anyone disputed Obama's citizenship. You only need one parent to be a US citizen to be a US citizen. For example, Ted Cruz was born in Canada and only his mother was a US citizen. Obama was born in Hawaii (part of the United States since 1899) to a US citizen mother. Of the three, Trump and others on the right made an issue only of Obama, the only one of those three presidential candidates actually born in the United States.

The bottom line is Trump is a racist because for over 30 years he has consistently said and done racist things. The 9 years of "birther" harassment was just one of them. Even if you take away the racism, you have to agree the birtherism was non-sensical stupid/crazy right?

Civil Bear
calumnus said:

Civil Bear said:

calumnus said:

Civil Bear said:

calumnus said:

Civil Bear said:

AunBear89 said:

Civil Bear said:

Shall I continue?

No one disputed MCCain's citizenship and I don't think anyone disputed Obama's citizenship. You only need one parent to be a US citizen to be a US citizen. For example, Ted Cruz was born in Canada and only his mother was a US citizen. Obama was born in Hawaii (part of the United States since 1899) to a US citizen mother. Of the three, Trump and others on the right made an issue only of Obama, the only one of those three presidential candidates actually born in the United States.

The bottom line is Trump is a racist because for over 30 years he has consistently said and done racist things. The 9 years of "birther" harassment was just one of them. Even if you take away the racism, you have to agree the birtherism was non-sensical stupid/crazy right?

Absolutely, at least after it was established it was a non-factor, particularly coming from Trump who had nothing to gain. But Trump does lots of things that don't make much sense to me, and as I've said I am no fan of the guy. The thing is, if he was half as bad as his opponents say he is, they wouldn't need to exaggerate, accuse him of things he is not, and deliberately take him out of context. All that just ends up weakening their arguments.
bearister
" ...if he was half as bad as his opponents say he is, they wouldn't need to exaggerate, accuse him of things he is not, and deliberately take him out of context. All that just ends up weakening their arguments."

I think most people are not that well informed. I think tRump is far more unethical and much more intellectually challenged than most people think. My guess is that you don't believe that a few people in his cabinet actually did call hm a "f@ucking moron." Viewing his comments in context make them even worse. It is actually surrealistic that this person is POTUS.

Please give examples of:

1. tRump being victimized by exaggeration;

2. tRump being accused of something he is not;

3. tRump statements being deliberately taken out of context so as to cast him in a false light.

I am legitimately willing to admit I have been unfair to him if you can deliver the goods.

Although he has done this with many words, let me throw this out there: Why can't the POTUS read and pronounce the word Yosemite after a few attempts?

1. Is he senile?
2. Is it because he has never seen the written word Yosemite before?
3. Is it because he is unfamiliar with a place called Yosemite?
4. Is it because he was nervous and in a general state of panic?
5. Is it because he has trouble reading?

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
helltopay1
Dear bare: for answers to #1,2, and 3, please read the IG report. Also, please read the entire Mueller report--also please read the upcoming John Durham report which will be coming out any day.As Phyllis Diller said, " you have got be kidding me.' Willful ignorance is so much worse than just plain ignorance. Most historians are left---but, there are a few honest ones--they will have a field day with the previous admin. e-mails, declassified documents, etc, etc, total corruption of the FBI, DOJ, IRS, and the CIA under the previous admin. Who did all these folks work for???The community organizer from Chicago.
stu
Quote:

Stable Genius, by Donald Trump
bearister
Well, helltopay1, your purported evidence (and your favored interpretation of it) relates to a single issue, the charge that tRump was involved with the Russian interference in our Election process. I do not concede your point that tRump did not work with the Russians to interfere in the Election, but I accept that you have raised a colorable counterargument.

What say you with regard to the charges that tRump is unethical and intellectually and psychologically unfit to serve as POTUS? These charges constitute the majority of the criticism leveled against him. It is my position that almost on a daily basis, through his own public words and actions, tRump confirms the accuracy of these charges.
joe amos yaks
A POTUS intern learning by OJT.
Civil Bear
bearister said:

" ...if he was half as bad as his opponents say he is, they wouldn't need to exaggerate, accuse him of things he is not, and deliberately take him out of context. All that just ends up weakening their arguments."

I think most people are not that well informed. I think tRump is far more unethical and much more intellectually challenged than most people think. My guess is that you don't believe that a few people in his cabinet actually did call hm a "f@ucking moron." Viewing his comments in context make them even worse. It is actually surrealistic that this person is POTUS.

Please give examples of:

3. tRump statements being deliberately taken out of context so as to cast him in a false light.

I am legitimately willing to admit I have been unfair to him if you can deliver the goods.

Although he has done this with many words, let me throw this out there: Why can't the POTUS read and pronounce the word Yosemite after a few attempts?

1. Is he senile?

So many examples, but I have better things to do with my life than to list half of them. But I will play along and just list the first examples that come to mind. I doubt they will sway you or anyone else with TDS though, not that I care:

1. See your next post in this thread. I actually wondered/feared if he would have the capacity to run the country and make solid conservative decisions, and he has done much better than I had hoped, whether it be the solidly conservative appointed SCOTUS's and the record number of Federal judges he has put forward, jump-starting a sluggish economy, job growth for minorities, middle-class income increases, tax cuts, deregulation, getting other countries to contribute to things like the UN, the decline in illegal border crossings, the disappearance of ISIS from Iraq and Syria, or having the balls to take on China, to renegotiate trade deals, to moving the embassy in Israel, and to at least partially shutting down the borders at the start of the epidemic when people like Biden were calling it racist and the WHO was saying it may not even be passed on from person to person; all while under bogus investigations and impeachments and a free press that only focusses on his negatives. Now I know all the above is nightmarish to libs, but as Obama said "elections matter".
2. See the Meuller investigation and the impeachment.
3. My favorite is the deliberate playing over and over by CNN and MSNBC of "...you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides..." to try to imply Trump as sympathetic to neo-Nazis and the like while completely ignoring the rest of the quote where he said: "...and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the White nationalists, because they should be condemned totally but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? "

Go ahead and have your rebuttals. I'm confident I have already heard them all. I'll be taking a hiatus from posting political on Bear Insider. It truly is a waste of time.

Big C
Civil Bear said:

bearister said:

Please give examples of:

1. Is he senile?

So many examples, but I have better things to do with my life than to list half of them. But I will play along and just list the first examples that come to mind. I doubt they will sway you or anyone else with TDS though, not that I care:

1. See your next post in this thread. I actually wondered/feared if he would have the capacity to run the country and make solid conservative decisions, and he has done much better than I had hoped, whether it be the solidly conservative appointed SCOTUS's and the record number of Federal judges he has put forward, jump-starting a sluggish economy, job growth for minorities, middle-class income increases, tax cuts, deregulation, getting other countries to contribute to things like the UN, the decline in illegal border crossings, the disappearance of ISIS from Iraq and Syria, or having the balls to take on China, to renegotiate trade deals, to moving the embassy in Israel, and to at least partially shutting down the borders at the start of the epidemic when people like Biden were calling it racist and the WHO was saying it may not even be passed on from person to person; all while under bogus investigations and impeachments and a free press that only focusses on his negatives. Now I know all the above is nightmarish to libs, but as Obama said "elections matter".
3. My favorite is the deliberate playing over and over by CNN and MSNBC of "...you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides..." to try to imply Trump as sympathetic to neo-Nazis and the like while completely ignoring the rest of the quote where he said: "...and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the White nationalists, because they should be condemned totally but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? "

Go ahead and have your rebuttals. I'm confident I have already heard them all. I'll be taking a hiatus from posting political on Bear Insider. It truly is a waste of time.

You have NOT wasted your time! You helped get this thread up to 199 posts!

Hey, this makes it 200! Mods? Mods?!?
bearister
Civil Bear said:

bearister said:

Please give examples of:

1. Is he senile?

What exactly is my incentive to unpack your Fox News Talking Point Gish Gallop, line item by line item, with supporting citations, when you include these statements:

1. "I doubt they will sway you or anyone else with TDS though, not that I care (That's a tell. You actually do care);

2. "Now I know all the above is nightmarish to libs,"

3. " Go ahead and have your rebuttals. I'm confident I have already heard them all. I'll be taking a hiatus from posting political on Bear Insider. It truly is a waste of time."

stu
Civil Bear said:

So many examples
I know this was addressed to Bearister but I'll chime in on a few points anyway.

Civil Bear said:

conservative appointed SCOTUS's and the record number of Federal judges he has put forward
Due to McConnell blocking Obama appointments. This tactic could come back to bite conservatives when they lose the Senate.

Civil Bear said:

jump-starting a sluggish economy
Which the same McConnell made every effort to keep sluggish (after it was ruined by failures of the previous conservative administration).

Civil Bear said:

job growth for minorities, middle-class income increases, tax cuts
No income gains except for the already wealthy. Ask low-wage workers how their investments are doing.

Civil Bear said:

deregulation
Some of us like clean air, clean water, and safe products.

Civil Bear said:

decline in illegal border crossings
Declining anyway. And at what cost? Adolph Hitler would be proud of the methods.

Civil Bear said:

having the balls to take on China,
I agree with him on this. Hope he sees it through.

Civil Bear said:

to renegotiate trade deals
Please explain how I have benefited from the tariffs.

Civil Bear said:

to moving the embassy in Israel
Who does that help other than the Israeli government?
helltopay1
Dear Bare: I hope you are sitting down: It is up to the people to decide who is and who isn'r "fit" to be President. Shocking, I know!!!In 2016, Trump was elected President by an electoral landslide despite being outspent dramatically and besides being negatively targeted by a hostile press. In 2020, people will again decide who they want as President. i.e. the boisterous Trump or a 78 year old who has been hiding in his basement since January and who has severe dementia. His dementia is so severe that his handlers are busy devising schemes to make sure that Biden opts out of the debates. Will this tactic work??Who knows??As you say, the American people aren't very bright. Many years ago, Biden almost died due to a double brain siezure. His Presidency will be the most chaotic in American history, because every day 200 folks will be in the Oval Office all trying to be President while Joe sleeps on the couch surrounded by his care-givers. Will our enemies take advantage oof this???DUH!!!!
bearister
tRump said the 2016 Election was going to be rigged and it was. He says the 2020 Election will be rigged, and it will be. Biden will win the popular vote by 4 to 5 million but tRump will "win" again. I'm not naive. He better lose 100 pounds or in the end Covid will get him.
bearister
Trump Didn't Make This Economy - The Atlantic

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/02/trump-didnt-make-this-economy/606115/
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/606115/

Trump's Economic Scorecard: 3 Years In Office

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2020/02/10/trumps-economic-scorecard-3-years-in-office/
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2020/02/10/trumps-economic-scorecard-3-years-in-office/amp/

AT&T got a giant tax cut but has laid off thousands, union says - CBS News

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/at-t-got-a-giant-tax-cut-but-has-laid-off-thousands-union-says/
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/at-t-got-a-giant-tax-cut-but-has-laid-off-thousands-union-says/

Americans Are Paying the Price for Trump's Failures - The Atlantic

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/04/americans-are-paying-the-price-for-trumps-failures/609532/

Coronavirus: Direct flights brought 40k from China after Trump travel ban - Axios

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-trump-china-travel-ban-45a2da12-8063-4ad9-ba28-61cdeb1ce0b3.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios.com/coronavirus-trump-china-travel-ban-45a2da12-8063-4ad9-ba28-61cdeb1ce0b3.html

This Is Trump's Plague Now - The Atlantic

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/this-is-trumps-plague-now/613633/

The Trump Administration
Is Reversing 100
Environmental Rules.
Here's the Full List.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/climate/trump-environment-rollbacks.html

Watchdogs Criticize Trump Administration's Deregulation Efforts During Pandemic - Government Executive

https://www.govexec.com/management/2020/05/watchdogs-criticize-trump-administrations-deregulation-during-pandemic/165371/

President Trump has made more than 20,000 false or misleading claims - The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/07/13/president-trump-has-made-more-than-20000-false-or-misleading-claims/
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/07/13/president-trump-has-made-more-than-20000-false-or-misleading-claims/%3foutputType=amp

Trump Has More Than 2,500 Conflicts of Interest and Counting, Live Tracker by Watchdog Finds

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-conflicts-interest-tracker-1466800
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/trump-conflicts-interest-tracker-1466800%3famp=1

The Most Conspicuous Scandal in American History - The Atlantic

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/roger-stone/614068/

The Most Shocking Thing About Zelinsky's Testimony - The Atlantic

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/most-shocking-thing-about-zelinskys-testimony/613477/

Looting Tweet: Trump Exposes American Injustice - The Atlantic

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/05/trump-exposes-america-we-didnt-want-see/612331/

The Secrets Flynn Was Desperate to Conceal

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/05/secrets-flynn-lied-conceal/611377/

Psychiatrists submit warning Trump's mental health deteriorating - Business Insider

https://www.businessinsider.com/psychiatrists-submit-warning-trumps-mental-health-deteriorating-2019-12
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/psychiatrists-submit-warning-trumps-mental-health-deteriorating-2019-12%3famp

The 25 women who have accused Trump of sexual misconduct - Business Insider

https://www.businessinsider.com/women-accused-trump-sexual-misconduct-list-2017-12
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/women-accused-trump-sexual-misconduct-list-2017-12%3famp

Trump's judicial appointments reflect a serious lack of diversity

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/07/03/trump-and-judiciary-lack-diversity-column/5357852002/
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5357852002

Tracking the Trump Administration Scandals, Allegations, and Conflicts

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/trump-administration-conflicts/

Trump's Bank Was Subpoenaed by N.Y. Prosecutors in Criminal Inquiry DNyuz

https://dnyuz.com/2020/08/05/trumps-bank-was-subpoenaed-by-n-y-prosecutors-in-criminal-inquiry/

Former clients of acting Homeland Security chief Chad Wolf get millions in DHS contracts

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/05/former-clients-of-acting-homeland-security-chief-chad-wolf-get-millions-in-dhs-contracts.html

Judge nixes Trump bid to delay suit from woman alleging rape

https://news.yahoo.com/judge-nixes-trump-bid-delay-230247652.html
helltopay1
TDS....Trump derangement syndrome has now made its way into the Catalog of Mental health disorders. There is, at presently, no cure.
bearister
helltopay1 said:

TDS....Trump derangement syndrome ...There is, at presently, no cure.

When he becomes little more than a footnote in history will help. As I have always maintained, a debate with a tRumpist or tRumpist apologist goes like this: They dump a truckload of party lines on you a/k/a Fox News Talking Points, the other side counters with researched pieces from a variety of sources, and the tRumpist either counters with a boilerplate quip taken from the glossary, or simply attacks the source as illegitimate, so that the facts don't have to be discussed and refuted. They also throw in personal insults and name calling when they get cornered with regard to their unsubstantiated claims. I'm sure glad this approach never worked out well for my opponents in litigation where you actually had to prove your position with facts and evidence. Popping off didn't get your client very far.....and it got you sued for malpractice.
Eastern Oregon Bear
helltopay1 said:

I may have missed it if someone else mentioned this, but it was impossible for John Brennan to have voted for Gus Hall in 1948 because John Brennan wasn't born until 1955.
My favorite school days… “There is no substitute.”
bearister
" I may have missed it if someone else mentioned this, but it was impossible for John Brennan to have voted for Gus Hall in 1948 because John Brennan wasn't born until 1955."

When is the last time a fact like that stopped a guy that gets all his news from Fox News and Breitbart from making his argument?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.