Women's Swimming: 2014-2015 Schedule & Roster

116,096 Views | 338 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by OBear073akaSMFan
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
--------

[COLOR="#000099"][SIZE=4]2015 CA Los Angeles Invite (9-12 July)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[U][SIZE=3]Psych Sheet[/SIZE][/U]: http://www.socalswim.org/Articles/ArticlesShare/AF/8dd938b69e974cd281a27f9d255318ee/lai6.pdf

--------

[COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=5]Adrian, Grevers, Morozov among huge names at LA Invite[/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://swimswam.com/adrian-grevers-morozov-among-huge-names-at-la-invite/

--------
[COLOR="#3333ff"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]
Meanwhile, on the other side of the country, Kathleen will take a temporary break from all her recent partying in Europe & locally (see photos below lol) :p, to prep for 2015 Worlds in a final tune-up @ this UGA meet, before embracing taper time as she heads off to Croatia for training/staging camp with her Team USA squad mates:
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=5]Ryan Lochte and SwimMac Elite Highlight Psych Sheets for ABSC Speedo LC Sectionals[/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://swimswam.com/ryan-lochte-and-swimmac-elite-highlight-psych-sheets-for-uga-speedo-lc-sectionals/

--------
OBear073akaSMFan
UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842512909 said:

--------

[COLOR="#000099"][SIZE=4]2015 CA Los Angeles Invite (9-12 July)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://swimswam.com/adrian-grevers-morozov-among-huge-names-at-la-invite/

--------

Interesting to see Scott vs Roses in 100Br - as us Bears, continually on the prowl for future breaststrokers or ones we missed on! Also see Dana Vollmer in the 100fly
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
OBear073akaSMFan;842512943 said:

Also see Dana Vollmer in the 100fly

[COLOR="#3333ff"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Nice piece of spotting there, OBear!

I had completely missed Dana's name on the 1st pass since the WR holder in this event's seeded at a lowly #23 here lol
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
--------

Maija Roses - [COLOR="#696969"]9 July[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#A9A9A9"]Venice Beach[/COLOR]

Summer Bears plus Carol take on sunny LA [SIZE=4]������[/SIZE]

--------

Caroline Piehl - [COLOR="#696969"]9 July[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#A9A9A9"]Venice Beach[/COLOR]

My heart is so full. So grateful to be reunited and swim with my Bears in my new home. [SIZE=4]��[/SIZE] #bearforlife #calwomenswim

--------

Maija Roses - [COLOR="#696969"]11 July[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#A9A9A9"]University of Southern California[/COLOR]

I don't usually kick.. But when I do it's with my Bear friends [SIZE=4]������[/SIZE]

--------

Kristen Vredeveld - [COLOR="#696969"]13 July[/COLOR]

[SIZE=4]������[/SIZE]

--------

Valerie Hull - [COLOR="#696969"]3 August[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#A9A9A9"]MISS Y'ALL[/COLOR]
excited to be cheering on my gal pals racing all over the world this week!!! ���� kick butt lil mermaids ��

--------

Liz Pelton - [COLOR="#696969"]18 July[/COLOR]
Summer adventures continue!

--------

Meanwhile, up north on the other side of the continent...

Noemie Thomas - [COLOR="#696969"]11 July[/COLOR]

Meet my new buddy @Irish_the_dog from @st_john_ambulance therapy dog group! So cool to have them at the #TO2015 @swimmingcanada

--------

Back on home turf...

Cole Reiser - [COLOR="#696969"]21 July[/COLOR]

[U]Caitlin Leverenz[/U]: Boots has you by almost 400 likes.... Your girlfriend is kinda famous.

--------

Melanie Klaren - [COLOR="#696969"]25 July[/COLOR]

A beautiful day with my city and my duckling [SIZE=4]�� ��[/SIZE]

--------

Melanie Klaren - [COLOR="#696969"]9 Aug[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#A9A9A9"]Northside ISD Aquatics[/COLOR]
As a wise person once said (aka @c.leverenz), best times are a thing to celebrate as they don't come around all that often! Exceeded my expectations this past week and didn't melt in San Antonio. Excited for my "real" summer to begin and for a well deserved break. #gobears ������

---------

Jasmine Mau - [COLOR="#696969"]14 August[/COLOR]

Want to wish a big happy birthday to this poop. Freshman year wouldn't have been the same without the dream team, freshie fam bam, beach bod squad, farting competitions in Norton 809, the list goes on. You're one of the funniest, most caring people I know and I'm glad to call you one of my best friends. Can't wait for more adventures to come ILY A MILY [SIZE=4]❤️[/SIZE]

[U]Cat Ladd[/U]: Ah thank you jazzy! Love you lots lots lots �� those were some good times [SIZE=4]❤️❤️❤️[/SIZE] ILY A MILLY

---------

Marina Garcia - [COLOR="#696969"]23 August[/COLOR]

[SIZE=4]��[/SIZE]

--------

Farida Osman - [COLOR="#696969"]20 August[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#808080"]North Coast, Egypt[/COLOR]

My daily dose of vitamin sea [SIZE=4]����[/SIZE]

--------

Rachel Bootsma - [COLOR="#696969"]16 Aug[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#A9A9A9"]Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic[/COLOR]

After a 2 week battle with Giardia, I deserve a vacation [SIZE=4][COLOR="#008000"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#FFA500"]☀️[/COLOR][/SIZE] feat. @katiebootsma toes

--------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
--------

[SIZE=3]Swimming World - [COLOR="#696969"]12 July[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Bears Osman 58.76 & Naze 59.93, Merrell 1:00.04 for the [U]100 fly[/U].

.@beefytshields with a new meet record of 51.73. 2nd is Masa Kishida with 53.14, & 3rd Justin Lynch with 53.16.

.@ryan_f_Murphy wins [U]100 back[/U] at 53.64. .@MattGrevers with 54.07. Luca Spinazzola with 55.58.

Camille Cheng at 2:00.88, Margo Geer at 2:02.12, & Rachael Acker at 2:04.41 in the [U]200 free[/U]

--------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
Missy Franklin: The #BayArea is 3rd for #50TopSwimCities and #Colorado has 4 cities in the top 16what a great list!!!

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2015/07/15/usa-swimming-best-cities-ann-arbor-michigan

Ann Arbor, Michigan, is the best swim city in America for the second consecutive year, according to a second-annual study commissioned byUSA Swimming and leading swimwear company Speedo USA. San Jose-Santa Clara repeated as runner-up and San Francisco-Oakland climbed two spots to give the Bay Area the second and third positions.

Rounding out the top 10 in the 50 Top Swim Cities, Presented by Speedo, were Durham, North Carolina; Austin, Texas; Madison, Wisconsin; Raleigh-Cary, North Carolina; Fort Collins, Colorado; Washington, D.C.; and Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, Connecticut.

http://www.usaswimming.org/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabId=2634&Alias=Rainbow&Lang=en
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
---------

[COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=5]Kristen Cunnane, Cal Women's Associate Head Coach, Resigns[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Kristen Cunnane (left) has been a full-time assistant at Cal for 8 years, including serving as recruiting coordinator for some of the best classes in NCAA history. Archive Photo via Tim Binning/TheSwimPictures.com[/SIZE]

Cal women's associate head coach Kristen Cunnane has resigned her post and will step away from coaching, she told SwimSwam on Saturday.

"After 10 incredible years at CAL, I have decided to step down from my role," Cunnane said. "Coaching at this level and being able to give the CAL program and girls what they deserve, along with being able to give my family and children what they need, proved to be too difficult for me."

"I am deeply sad about my decision, but know it is the right one for me. There are a million things I will miss about my job- most of which the awesome girls and staff at CAL. Coaching is my passion and I hope to coach in some capacity in the future. I am endlessly grateful for my time at CAL and the many people who have profoundly touched my life."

Cunnane was a full-time assistant coach for Cal for 8 seasons, and was promoted to associate head coach in December of 2011.

Among her efforts was acting as Cal's recruiting coordinator throughout Cal's run to the top of collegiate swimming. She was with the program for all four of the program's NCAA team titles (2009, 2011, 2012, 2015) and coordinated the recruiting of some of the greatest recruiting class that the NCAA has ever seen.

In the three years that SwimSwam has ranked recruiting classes, Cal ranked 1st in 2013 and 2015, and 4th in 2014.

The combination of being the owners of the NCAA Championship next season, along with the promise of working under the 2012 U.S. Olympic Team head coach Teri McKeever, will make this the most prized assistant job available this summer.

As an athlete, Cunnane (then Kristen Lewis) was a UCLA All-American, after which she moved to Cal to earn a master's degree. She served one year as a graduate assistant at Cal, and two years as an administrative assistant. She has also served as the director of the Cal swim camp.

Cunnane gave birth to her second child, a son, on May 12th of this year. She also has a two-year old daughter.

http://swimswam.com/kristen-cunnane-cal-womens-associate-head-coach-resigns/

---------
[COLOR="#3333ff"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]
[COLOR="#FF0000"][U]UPDATE[/U][/COLOR] - For further clarification on Kristen's replacement (Kathie Wickstrand), here's what MoragaBear had posted today:
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?93543-Women-s-swimming-coaching-changes&p=842516477#post842516477

MoragaBear;842516477 said:

Kristen Cunnane's resignation was mentioned in another thread but here's a statement from Teri on the subject, where she names the new assistant head coach, Kathie Wickstrand.

McKeever Addresses Cal Coaching Assignment Changes
Golden Bears Preparing for an Important Season in 2015-16
By Cal Athletics on Tue, July 21, 2015

Dear Friend of Cal Swimming:

Coming off our fourth NCAA championship, I couldn't be more excited about our 2015-16 season and seeing what is in store in our program. We're just weeks away from fall classes when freshmen will be starting new adventures and our returning swimmers will be taking the next steps in their Cal careers. Seemingly, though, every new beginning brings change, we are certainly no exception.

After the better part of a decade at my side as an assistant then associate head coach, Kristen Cunnane has resigned from her position in order to devote more time to her family, which now includes her husband and two young children. I know that it was an incredibly difficult choice for her, and she will clearly be missed around the deck at Spieker. Because of all she has meant to us over the years, I wanted to give her the time and space to make her decision after the 2014-15 season, and she recently informed me that she has elected to move into a different stage in her life. I believe that the way she arrived at this decision honors her family and honors our program.

I would be remiss if I said that the timing of this change does not create some challenges for the immediate future. I am currently traveling with the Team USA staff for the World Championships and we are closing in on the collegiate season an especially important one considering that Olympic Trials are coming up next summer. However, I believe that we have a tremendous core group supporting our program and I have elected to maintain as a staff those people who understand us best.

As I write this, we are finalizing paperwork for Kathie Wickstrand to become our assistant coach for this season. I have known Kathie for 25 years and, perhaps more importantly, she knows our team, as well, having served as a consultant for us focusing on team building and group dynamics for many years. Kathie, a two-time Olympic Trials qualifier and silver medalist in the 400 free at the Pan Am Games, brings experience as a college head coach at Northwestern, Purdue and Illinois State. Since 1995, she has run her own company, The International Coaching Society, consulting with hundreds of companies, teams and individuals, including numerous Olympians and national team members, on ways to improve their effectiveness and achieve their desired goals. With Kathie on board every day, I feel that we will be in wonderful hands.

Kristen was here eight years, and during that time, I've evolved as a coach and developed new sets of skills. I look at this as an opportunity to evaluate our needs and set a course for the next eight years. The growth and development of our women in and out of the water continues to be my primary focus. I couldn't be more enthusiastic about the prospects for our team now and for years to come.

Go Bears,

Teri McKeever

UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842518384 said:

[COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=5]Mckeever Hires Her Consultant, Kathie Wickstrand, As California Assistant[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="#696969"]Tony Carroll | July 29th, 2015 [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]"I believe that we have a tremendous core group supporting our program and I have elected to maintain as a staff those people who understand us best." Archive Photo via Tim Binning/TheSwimPictures.com[/SIZE]

http://swimswam.com/mckeever-hires-her-consultant-kathie-wickstrand-as-california-assistant/

OBear073akaSMFan
..especially during prime recruiting period. My guess they will have to fill this position soon. Surprising nothing published by Calbear yet.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
OBear073akaSMFan;842515687 said:

Wow. Surprising resignation..especially during prime recruiting period. My guess they will have to fill this position soon. Surprising nothing published by Calbear yet.

[COLOR="#3333ff"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Not having an inside track to the Women's Swimming, I'd still venture that there's a good possibility that the position's already spoken for, and that an official announcement to that effect may be forthcoming in the near future... Would otherwise be greatly shocked if this was a sudden decision on Kristen's part that caught Teri completely by surprise, esp at this critical juncture in the recruiting cycle!

Hey BD, perhaps you can work your connections to the Men's programme and get a clearer picture of the whole situation that can be shared here?
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
BearDevil
No inside information, but think this may have been in the works for awhile. Asst coach contracts expire July 1, think that Kristen didn't make it known until now to allow Terri to line up a replacement. Think former Bear Olympian Stacianna Stitts might be in the pipeline.

Expect Kristen to recharge for a year or two and resurface as head coach at UCLA, her alma mater. She's ready to be a head coach and they're a chronic underachiever. Kristen was a good complement to Teri. Wish Kristen and her family well.
OBear073akaSMFan
Meehan moves to guys and Kristen takes over for women. Think it would be too soon for Kristen because if Knapp might be gone sooner than later if his men continue to under perform.
BearDevil
Could also see Yuri getting a head coaching gig soon. Either UVa (men's team is a mess) or LSJU women. Swam at UNC and coached Ledecky at NCAP. Coaching Ledecky again and a budding LSJU distance group or Leah Smith would be a natural fit.
OBear073akaSMFan
BearDevil;842515791 said:

Could also see Yuri getting a head coaching gig soon. Either UVa (men's team is a mess) or LSJU women. Swam at UNC and coached Ledecky at NCAP. Coaching Ledecky again and a budding LSJU distance group or Leah Smith would be a natural fit.

Oops. Forgot about the Yuri coonection to Ledecky..though if itvwas close it didn't even earn a visit to Cal during recruiting. Guessing she was pretty set with the furds as her fhoice.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
---------

[COLOR="#008080"][SIZE=5]Tuckahoe gets an Olympic 'good luck' from Missy Franklin[/SIZE]

[COLOR="#696969"]by [/COLOR]Bryan Flaherty[COLOR="#696969"] - Jul 16, 2015[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR="#808080"]Missy Franklin, a four-time Olympic gold medalist, is scheduled to swim four individual events at world championships. (Don Feria/Getty Images)[/COLOR]

Often quoted as such, Missy Franklin might just be the consummate teammate.

In five days, the Olympic champion will board a plane in her native Colorado and fly to Croatia for Team USA's pre-world championships training camp. But before joining her U.S. teammates to prepare for the most significant swimming championship of the year, Franklin took time out of her busy, newly-turned professional schedule to wish an old teammate's new team good luck in a summer league dual meet.

Eva Greene, a recent California graduate, former Tuckahoe and current assistant head coach for the Tigers, swam on the Golden Bears women's swim team during the Franklin's two collegiate seasons (2013-14, 2014-15). And seeking to pump of her new squad, Coach Greene enlisted the help of Franklin for an Olympic-caliber good luck message ahead of Tuckahoe's dual meet finale against McLean.

[COLOR="#FF0000"]VIDEO ->[/COLOR] https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/621802287875391488/pu/vid/240x320/lePFrEpuhbnfaFe_.mp4

The message is short and sweet. Good luck, have fun something Franklin has been doing on the national and international stage since age 16, when she announced her arrival in the sport at the 2011 Shanghai World Championships with a world record and an infectious smile.

Greene, who swam 11 seasons for the Tigers, still holds a league relay record for the 13-14 girls' 200-meter medley relay and had held the 15-18 girls' medley as recently as last Friday when it was broken. She is in her first year as a coach with her old pool. Head Coach Jesse Nielsen tweeted out the video Thursday.

[COLOR="#808080"]Eva Greene during a dual meet at Berkeley, California during the 2012-2013 season. (Photo provided by Cal Bears Athletics Department)[/COLOR]

Franklin turned pro in March, immediately following the NCAA women's swimming and diving championships, and subsequently left Berkeley to return to her age group coach in Centennial, Colo., a Denver suburb. She is scheduled to swim the 100-meter and 200-meter freestyle and 100 and 200 backstroke events in Kazan, Russia, at worlds, beginning late July.

McLean has its own, somewhat more direct, national team ties, which oddly enough also link it to Cal.

Marlins senior Andrew Seliskar, a soon-to-be California freshman, is recently returned from a stint with Team USA at the World University Games. He's also a club teammate of Olympian Katie Ledecky, but as of publication no competing Twitter messages have popped up in response to Franklin's.

Either way, Franklin's endearing message goes to show just how strong the swimming community's bonds truly are. Several months removed from sharing lanes in practices. Two time zones away. Teammates are teammates.

http://reachforthewall.com/2015/07/16/tuckahoe-gets-an-olympic-good-luck-from-missy-franklin/

---------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
---------

[COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=5]Cal Senior Liz Pelton Undergoes Hand Surgery, Out 4-6 Weeks[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Fresh from a silver medal at the 2015 World University Games, Cal senior-to-be Elizabeth Pelton underwent surgery on a broken hand Tuesday. Archive Photo via Tim Binning/TheSwimPictures.com[/SIZE]

USA Swimming National Teamer, and Cal Golden Bears senior-to-be, Elizabeth Pelton, underwent hand surgery on Tuesday, according to the school's athletics department.

[COLOR="#696969"]"Cal senior swimmer Elizabeth Pelton underwent surgery for a broken bone in her hand Tuesday. The injury occurred during practice, and doctors expect Pelton to be able to return to the pool in 4-6 weeks and be at full strength for the upcoming season."[/COLOR]

Pelton is a member of the 2014-2015 USA Swimming National Team, and last month took a silver medal in the 100 meter backstroke at the 2015 World University Games. Her 1:00.31 season-best in that race currently ranks her as the 6th-fastest American this year, but without a chance to improve her time in that event or in the 200 backstroke or IM races, it's unlikely that Pelton will be able to hold a spot on the U.S. National Team next season.

Pelton finished 2nd at last year's NCAA Championship meet in the 200 IM (behind then-teammate Missy Franklin), tied for 5th in the 100 back, and 7th in the 200 back. She just barely held on to her American, NCAA, and U.S. Open Records in the 200 back when Franklin missed by .07 seconds at Nationals.

http://swimswam.com/cal-senior-liz-pelton-undergoes-hand-surgery-out-4-6-weeks/

---------

Liz Pelton - [COLOR="#696969"]22 July[/COLOR]

Thanks to yesterday's medical staff for a successful procedure and to the infinite amount of support I've received from the USA Swimming community. I can't wait to be back in the pool!!

---------

Cal W Swim/Dive - [COLOR="#696969"]22 July[/COLOR]

Get well soon, @eliZAbethP_1126. Can't wait to see you back in the pool.

---------

Liz Pelton - [COLOR="#696969"]27 July[/COLOR]

Sunny and 75 here in Berk! Beautiful morning at the pool

---------

Liz Pelton - [COLOR="#696969"]28 July[/COLOR]
Let's GO GIANTS!! #GoGiants #SF

Taylor Nanfria - [COLOR="#696969"]27 July[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#A9A9A9"]AT&T Park Corona Beach Club Suite[/COLOR]
Can't ever strike out with this girl [SIZE=4]⚾️[/SIZE] #Mondays #GoGiants

---------

Liz Pelton - [COLOR="#696969"]12 August[/COLOR]

Rehoboth Beach [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FFD700"]��[/COLOR][/SIZE]

---------

Liz Pelton - [COLOR="#696969"]26 August[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#A9A9A9"]Denver, Colorado[/COLOR]
Spent some time with some familiar faces on the way to Vail! [SIZE=4]������[/SIZE]
@missyfranklin88 @cpiehl @marykpelton @wilbert9678

---------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-----------

Cal Women's Swimming & Diving - [COLOR="#696969"]31 Aug[/COLOR]

Looking for something fun to do Tuesday night? How about going to the Oakland A's game at O.Co Coliseum? The Bears will be honored for winning the NCAA title last season and a lucky Bear will throw out the first pitch! The game starts at 7:05pm.

Melanie Klaren - [COLOR="#696969"]28 Aug[/COLOR]

I need to somehow learn how to throw a baseball 60 ft, 6 in by next Tuesday for the A's game. Any help/advice would be appreciated. #halp

-----------

Cal W Swim/Dive - [COLOR="#696969"]1 Sept[/COLOR]

Almost ready to throw out the first pitch at tonight's #Athletics game. Are you going to be here?

Eva Greene - [COLOR="#696969"]1 Sept[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#808080"]Oakland Coliseum, Home of the Oakland Athletics[/COLOR]
My favorite cal alumni #blessed �� minus @tnanfria @manyi8 @kaylinbing @calcamel #goldenclass

[U]Taylor Nanfria[/U]: 5th year cal adventures

Melanie Klaren - [COLOR="#696969"]1 Sept[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#808080"]Oakland Coliseum, Home of the Oakland Athletics[/COLOR]
So, this was cool. #gobears #goathletics @athletics

Farida Osman - [COLOR="#696969"]1 Sept[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#808080"]Oakland A's Game At The Oakland Coliseum[/COLOR]
We put the A in nAtty chAmps! [SIZE=4]⚾️��[/SIZE]

Oakland Athletics - [COLOR="#696969"]1 Sept[/COLOR]
A's #CalNight welcomes the Cal Women's Swim Team! [COLOR="#0099cc"][SIZE=4]��[/SIZE][/COLOR] #NationalChamps [COLOR="#8B4513"][SIZE=4]��[/SIZE][/COLOR]

-----------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-----------

Missy Franklin - [COLOR="#696969"]4 Sept[/COLOR]

It's [COLOR="#0099cc"]#CollegeColors[/COLOR] Day! Wearing blue and gold and proud to be a Cal Bear! [SIZE=4][COLOR="#0099cc"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#FFD700"]��[/COLOR][/SIZE] [COLOR="#0099cc"]@collegecolors[/COLOR]

-----------

Missy Franklin - [COLOR="#696969"]26 Sept[/COLOR]

The photo might be blurry but my love for this girl is crystal clear! Thank you for showing me your beautiful city [SIZE=4] ��������[/SIZE]

-----------

Camille Cheng - [COLOR="#696969"]26 Sept[/COLOR]

Always smiling with this one! Absolutely loved catching up and so happy you were able to explore little bits of Hong Kong. Love you [SIZE=4]����������[/SIZE]

-----------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-----------

Boots - [COLOR="#696969"]30 Sept 2015[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#808080"]UC Berkeley[/COLOR]

It's National Championship Week! So honored to go to a university that honors its National Champions! Love being a part of this 2014-2015 team! Also shout out to men's swimming and diving and men's rugby! #gobears [SIZE=4]��������[/SIZE]

-----------

[COLOR="#000099"][SIZE=5]National Championship Week Evokes Emotion[/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=210370392

-----------

[COLOR="#000066"][SIZE=5]National Championship Week:[/SIZE][/COLOR]

By Ruey Yen on Oct 2, 2015, 12:00p

Cal is celebrating all of the National Championships won in the last school years. The highlight of which has got to be the two team championships won by Cal Women's Swimming and Diving and Cal Rugby 7's (two events that yours truly was present for...making these championships that much more special...only the 3rd and 4th ones that I have seen in person and they never gets old).

http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2015/10/2/9438081/golden-medals-Cal-Water-Polo-Soccer-Volleyball-Cross-Country-National-Championships

[video=youtube;-NFIGa-upqg][/video]

-----------

-----------
BearDevil
Indiana's Brooklynn Snodgrass will redshirt this season to prepare for the Canadian Olympic Trials. Increases the chance that Bootsma wins the 100 Back for the third time. Bears are pretty lucky that Noemie Thomas isn't taking a blueshirt. Odd that LSJU's Simone Manuel didn't travel or swim vs WSU last week. Went to Hawaii with the team last month, so probably not redshirting.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-----------

[COLOR="#000066"]
[SIZE=5]National Championship Week Reception[/SIZE]

As part of National Championship Week, Chancellor Dirks hosted a reception at his home on campus Friday afternoon. That's what happens when you win the NCAA title at Cal. Go Bears!
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#696969"]Chancellor Dirks poses with the Golden Bears Friday afternoon. at UC Berkeley.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#696969"]The Bears meet one of the Chancellor's labs at the reception. at UC Berkeley.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#696969"]Camille Cheng presents Chancellor Dirks with a gift from the women's swimming & diving team. at UC Berkeley.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#696969"]The Bears listen intently to the Chancellor's remarks. at UC Berkeley.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#696969"]taylor nanfria: Chillin' with the Chancellor [SIZE=4]��[/SIZE] [of the #1 public university in the world] #GoBears[/COLOR]

-----------
OBear073akaSMFan
Kinda surprise Kristen Cunnane was not there:confused:
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-----------

Cal Bears - [COLOR="#696969"]3 Oct 2015[/COLOR]
�� If you won it then they gotta put a ring on it. �� @CalWSwim got their national champs rings today! #GoBears

Cal Women's Swimming & Diving - [COLOR="#696969"]3 Oct 2015[/COLOR]
It's National Championship Week here at Cal, and what better time to get rings for last spring's NCAA title. The Bears held a little ceremony this morning to hand out their new jewelry.

-----------

Caroline Piehl: 'We poppin' champagne like we won a championship game, feel like I got on a championship ring' ������ #nattychamps

Liz Pelton: Honored to be a part of the Cal Swimming tradition. National Champ rings are in!! #gobears #nationalchampionshipweek ����

Melanie Klaren: It was worth the wait.

Kaylin Bing: It's a great day to be a GOLDEN BEAR! #undefeated #nattychamps #onthefield #gofreakingbears ������

Valerie Hull: we threw a birthday party for the campanile with 40,000 of our closest friends today

Jasmine Mau: Always reppin' the 808 ����#straightouttahawaii #nattychamps #BOOMSHAKALAKA

Boots: Simply Golden ��

Marina: golden natty champs ��

Maija Roses: You REALLY don't wanna mess with this... #FreshieFamBam #NATTYCHAMPS ����������

Taylor Nanfria: Gratitude List:
1. Celebrating a National Championship with the best team around
2. Football is 5-0.
3. Weekends spent with my best pal through it all ��

Taylor Nanfria: "Surround yourself with only those who will lift you higher" #NationalChampions ��������

[COLOR="#696969"]Rachel Bootsma, winner of the 100-yard backstroke, waves to the crowd at Kabam Field at California Memorial Stadium.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#696969"]The Bears acknowledge fans during their halftime introduction.[/COLOR]

-----------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
BearDevil;842704593 said:

Didn't see it here, but Klaren will be coaching at Duke. Cheers to another BearDevil.

[COLOR="#DAA520"][SIZE=5]Melanie Klaren to Retire, Begin Coaching Career at Duke[/SIZE][/COLOR]

https://swimswam.com/melanie-klaren-retire-begin-coaching-career-duke/

-----

[COLOR="#003399"][SIZE=5]Klaren Joins Swimming & Diving Coaching Staff[/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211054329&DB_OEM_ID=4200

-----

UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842705389 said:

--------

[COLOR="#000066"][SIZE=5]Elizabeth Pelton Announces Retirement[/SIZE][/COLOR]

https://swimswam.com/elizabeth-pelton-announces-retirement/

--------

Lizzie - 1 July 2016

From my first race in CT at age 5 to the last race of my career today in Omaha, you guys have been by my side. Thank you so much for the endless support Mom & Dad! Officially a #swammer #gobears

https://instagr.am/p/BHVKhs0Baoa

--------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
[COLOR="#006699"]
Best wishes to Camille as she embarks on the next phase of her life journey & adventures! :cheer
[/COLOR]

------

Camille Cheng: Bye Berkeley ���� Thanks to everyone who made my past five years here golden. On to the next adventure... ����✈️����

https://instagr.am/p/BLeev85FTIw

------
OBear073akaSMFan
UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842744827 said:

[COLOR="#006699"]
Best wishes to Camille as she embarks on the next phase of her life journey & adventures! :cheer
[/COLOR]

------

Camille Cheng: Bye Berkeley ���� Thanks to everyone who made my past five years here golden. On to the next adventure... ����✈️����

https://instagr.am/p/BLeev85FTIw

------

Thanks for posting. Co-captain as a senior. She was a true blue!! Any idea if this mean she is retiring or going home to train?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.