Women's Swimming: 2014-2015 Schedule & Roster

116,077 Views | 338 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by OBear073akaSMFan
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
---------

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#000066"]Eva Greene: Celebrating a Truly Golden Day[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="#696969"]Courtesy: Cal Athletics
Release: Wednesday 02/18/2015[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Maija Roses and Eva Greene blog about the Bears throughout the season.
Courtesy: Cal Athletics [/SIZE]

Golden. That's the word that comes to mind to most accurately describe how I feel. The past few days have been bright, shimmering, gleaming gold.

It all started last Friday night. Each year on the eve of the Stanford meet, we all gather for a dinner to fuel up for the next day's challenge. We share a meal and we share our memories. Each woman takes a turn at recounting her most memorable moment from the year in what is one of my favorite laughter-inducing and heart-warming activities. My teammate Rachael Acker, who was stuck going last when most memories had already been shared, summed it up best: "I don't know if I'm allowed to do this but I think my favorite memory is what just happened." When I go through a season, it's easy to forget all of the small, seemingly insignificant, moments that pass. But this dinner is a reminder that in the end, it's the small things that make the biggest memories. I fell asleep that night with the fullest of hearts.

I awoke the next day like it was Christmas morning. Race day! And on top of that senior day?! I was teeming with excitement and energy as I routinely prepared for another home meet. However, this was no routine home meet. I've had quite a few duals in Spieker Pool throughout my time here at Cal, but this one might have been my favorite. 75-degree weather in February, clear blue skies, packed stands, and a fiery performance by the Cal Band all set up this special, golden day.

I don't think I ever stopped smiling. I smiled when I walked into the perfectly decorated locker room. I smiled as the band played. I smiled when my mom waved at me from the stands, just as she has for years. I smiled as my name was called, as my classmates' names were called. I smiled as I cried. I think I even smiled all through my races. I was beaming all day, and even if we had lost, I still would have been smiling. (But a win at home against Stanford never hurts!)

It was a tough, tough meet. Stanford fought us until the end, and we had to work hard throughout the entire meet to earn that win. I can't put into words how proud I am of each and every one of my teammates. From beginning to end, I was extremely inspired.

But it doesn't stop there! In exactly one week, we will be competing at the Pac 12 Championships in Federal Way, Washington. I really cannot believe it's finally here. Pac-12s is a meet where every woman on the team is able to contribute, inspire and show what it means to be a Golden Bear. I can't wait to see what surprises each of my teammates has in store! This meet is both physically and emotionally draining, and it takes the whole team to get us through this rollercoaster. If you're watching, be sure to keep an eye out to catch a glimpse of the Bears showing off our sassy dance routine tip: dancing is a great way to shake off nerves AND warm up before a meet (Beyonc would be proud)!

We're keeping the golden spirit rolling! Be sure to follow along and cheer on your Bears the next few weeks of championship season. It's a great time to be a Golden Bear.

[U]Eva[/U]

Eva Greene is a senior from Falls Church, Va., while Maija Roses is a freshman from Durham, N.C. Eva and Maija will alternate producing blog entries each week during the 2014-15 season, with Eva writing her piece and Maija creating a video.

[SIZE=1]Cal Bears Women's Swimming & Diving[/SIZE]

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=209897165

---------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
--------

[COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=4]7 Big Things from Day 2 of the SEC Championships[/SIZE][/COLOR]

4. Are the Georgia women untouchable? It's sure starting to look like the Georgia Lady Bulldogs are simply unbeatable. Even on a night when their two reigning NCAA champions (the aforementioned MacLean and sophomore Olivia Smoliga) both underperformed by significant margins, Georgia still blew out the house. Their top-end depth is good enough that they still won both those events, even without their studs performing. In fact, they 1-2'd the 50 free and won the 200 free relay with Smoliga not looking like herself. Chantal van Landeghem stepped right in as the team's new sprint backbone, and senior Maddie Locus provides even more top-end depth. Cal and Stanford are insanely talented teams, but it's getting harder and harder to argue for anyone but Georgia as the NCAA favorites on the women's side.

http://swimswam.com/7-big-things-from-day-2-of-the-sec-championships/

--------

[COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=4]5 Big Things from Day 3 of 2015 SEC Swimming & Diving Championships[/SIZE][/COLOR]

#3 Georgia women seem unstoppable

Georgia simply has the depth that gets gains, race after race.

http://swimswam.com/5-big-things-from-day-3-of-2015-sec-swimming-diving-championships/

[COLOR="#696969"]samuel huntington : 3B the Georgia women don't even look fully rested, especially Maclean[/COLOR]

--------

Event 17 Women 400 Yard IM

Name Year School Prelims Finals
=== B - Final ===
10 Driscoll, Laure JR Tennessee-SE 4:13.15 4:10.01 B

Event 19 Women 100 Yard Butterfly

26 Batchelor, Soph SO FLOR-FL 53.75

--------
BearDevil
Speaking of SECs, a mixed bag for former Golden Bears. Sophia Batchelor is the second alternate for the C final in the 100 fly, so she may not even get a second swim. Has a B time, but likely not fast enough for an NCAA invite. Still has the 200 fly, but may have to go last chance meet or relay only to NCAAs. Florida must be reallybdesperate for a flyer on medley relays since it looks like Batchelor wasted a year of eligibility by not redshirting after not training first semester.

Lauren Driscoll qualified 11th in the 400 IM. She has an earlier time that should get her into NCAAs if she doesn't improve tonight. Bears wanted/needed her in the 500/1650, neither of which she swims for Tennessee.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
BearDevil;842457939 said:

Evidently Georgia watched the Cal/LSJU meet closely and juggled their swims at SECs to set themselves up to take advantage of relative strengths/weaknesses of the only two teams who can make a run at NCAAs.

-Georgia moved their two top breaststrokers out of the 100 breast and into the 200 IM instead. Bears won't score in the 100 breast, but LSJU may have as many as 3 scorers. Georgia's not going to outscore the Bears in the 200 IM, but they'll outscore LSJU and maybe push Piehl or Naze out of a scoring position.
-Same deal with the 400 IM and LSJU. Bears don't have any depth behind Li in the 4IM.
-Georgia left their breaststrokers in the 200 breast since Cal only has one potential scorer and they can maybe push Marina and LSJU's 2 potential scorers down.
-Georgia will go after both Bay Area schools in the 500 and 1650. Georgia's loaded in both and can maybe push down Cal in the 500. LSJU doesn't have a scorer in either event.
-Georgia can also outscore LSJU in both backs and flys.

Will be interesting to see how Teri and Merhan respond. Do they alter line ups to make a run at Georgia or each other at NCAAs?

[COLOR="#3333ff"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]BD - very perceptive observations on the juggling & shuffling around by Georgia @ SECs. Did appear at the beginning of the season that UGA with their scary depth across so many events would run away with the title like last year, with Furds giving furtive chase courtesy of their super freshman class... But things are shaping up for a titanic matchup which might turn out a bit closer than Bulldogs'd be comfy with, even with Bauerle back at the helm! Looks like it's going to be quite an intriguing chess game @ NCAAs.

The Card may have been hurt by Maddy's withdrawal and Engel not coming up to speed yet, they also have very obvious holes in their distance group and their IMs which won't be addressed until Ledecky, Stevens, Williams & co. come on board...yet LSJU still remains a potent threat in the sprints, breasts & relays with star frosh Simone & Janet Hu steam rolling along backed up by Howe, Poppe, Lia and the rest of the team.

Missy may not have swum the 200 IM much in her young career (though she does boast a very creditable 2:11.69 in long course from 2010), but her chances at the Top 3 look to be pretty good for March alongside Liz if Teri plans to have her race that instead of the 500 free. So IMO Georgia won't be able to do much damage to the studly pair or even to Celina in that event, but agree that by shuffling some of their swimmers they may succeed in pushing down Kelly & Caroline in the scoring.

Dawgs top distance guns in the guise of MacLean & McDermott will be slugging it out with Cierra, Leah Smith & Thielmann in the 500, and they will have Flickinger, Mattern, Zilinskas & Peters behind them trying to push Melanie down. Bears will basically have to rely on our superstud freshie to fight the fight alone in the mile, as judging by Cat Breed's times this season she will be hard pressed to qualify for finals @ NCs.

Bauerle's smart in that many of their top swimmers don't appear all that rested @ SECs, as they were probably confident of winning their conference handily with the horns & gators being the only teams capable of mounting a token resistance there. Will have to see @ Pac-12s how much Teri will rest her top talent who are already into NC2As - hopefully a spot taper at the most for a few individuals, but not at all for Missy & co.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
tedbear
UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842457981 said:

[COLOR="#3333ff"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]BD - very perceptive observations on the juggling & shuffling around by Georgia @ SECs. Did appear at the beginning of the season that UGA with their scary depth across so many events would run away with the title like last year, with Furds giving furtive chase courtesy of their super freshman class... But things are shaping up for a titanic matchup which might turn out a bit closer than Bulldogs'd be comfy with, even with Bauerle back at the helm! Looks like it's going to be quite an intriguing chess game @ NCAAs.

The Card may have been hurt by Maddy's withdrawal and Engel not coming up to speed yet, they also have very obvious holes in their distance group and their IMs which won't be addressed until Ledecky, Stevens, Williams & co. come on board...yet LSJU still remains a potent threat in the sprints, breasts & relays with star frosh Simone & Janet Hu steam rolling along backed up by Howe, Poppe, Lia and the rest of the team.

Missy may not have swum the 200 IM much in her young career (though she does boast a very creditable 2:11.69 in long course from 2010), but her chances at the Top 3 look to be pretty good for March alongside Liz if Teri plans to have her race that instead of the 500 free. So IMO Georgia won't be able to do much damage to the studly pair or even to Celina in that event, but agree that by shuffling some of their swimmers they may succeed in pushing down Kelly & Caroline in the scoring.

Dawgs top distance guns in the guise of MacLean & McDermott will be slugging it out with Cierra, Leah Smith & Thielmann in the 500, and they will have Flickinger, Mattern, Zilinskas & Peters behind them trying to push Melanie down. Bears will basically have to rely on our superstud freshie to fight the fight alone in the mile, as judging by Cat Breed's times this season she will be hard pressed to qualify for finals @ NCs.

Bauerle's smart in that many of their top swimmers don't appear all that rested @ SECs, as they were probably confident of winning their conference handily with the horns & gators being the only teams capable of mounting a token resistance there. Will have to see @ Pac-12s how much Teri will rest her top talent who are already into NC2As - hopefully a spot taper at the most for a few individuals, but not at all for Missy & co.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

In my opinion, we have more top end talent, but Georgia has more scorers in the top 14 swimmers. They truly dominate the 500 Free, 1650 Free, 400 IM, and the 200 Fly. Ironically, those are all endurance events and not sprint events, which is usually emphasized as more important at NCAAs. Our core swimmers are very strong. Missy, Liz, Boots, Cierra, Farida, Melanie, and Celina will are probably score well in at least two or three events. Noemi will likely score in one or maybe two events, but after that it's all very up in the air. We really need the Bing, Breed, Piehl, Cheng, Acker, Naze, Garcia, and Mau to step up, if we have any chance at NCAAs. All of them need a mini taper for better event seeding and confidence. I'm trying to be hopeful for this year, but as BD has said before, next year is more likely for a NCAA Championship.
BearDevil
tedbear;842458217 said:

In my opinion, we have more top end talent, but Georgia has more scorers in the top 14 swimmers. They truly dominate the 500 Free, 1650 Free, 400 IM, and the 200 Fly. Ironically, those are all endurance events and not sprint events, which is usually emphasized as more important at NCAAs. Our core swimmers are very strong. Missy, Liz, Boots, Cierra, Farida, Melanie, and Celina will are probably score well in at least two or three events. Noemi will likely score in one or maybe two events, but after that it's all very up in the air. We really need the Bing, Breed, Piehl, Cheng, Acker, Naze, Garcia, and Mau to step up, if we have any chance at NCAAs. All of them need a mini taper for better event seeding and confidence. I'm trying to be hopeful for this year, but as BD has said before, next year is more likely for a NCAA Championship.

Great post, thanks. Georgia's core is built around 200 freestylers who can do other things (go up or down in free or do something in other strokes). Missy, Pelton, Cierra, Baker, Acker, Piehl, and Cheng would fit into their system. Teri's teams are built around versatility with an emphasis on relays. Don't think Georgia will be in the mix for Drabot, but she'd be an ideal Georgia recruit. Think she'd swim 500, 200 free, and 200 breast for either Bears or Dawgs.

Bears do have more potential istars, but Georgia has the better college team. Part of it is because they don't have a strong post-grad program, but part of it is a rural location that doesn't appeal to most recruits from major metro areas.

Bsuerle's put his cards on the table, he's will to cede the 100 Breast to LSJU because they can make it up in IMs and distance. Don't think Missy suddenly now swims the 500 at Pac-12s since she still needs a B cut for NCAAs. Georgia essentially lost an entire recruiting cycle and won't be able to replace several stud seniors unless they load up on internationals and JCs in the late signing period. That's why I like Cal's and LSJU's chances more in 2016.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
tedbear;842458217 said:

We really need the Bing, Breed, Piehl, Cheng, Acker, Naze, Garcia, and Mau to step up, if we have any chance at NCAAs. All of them need a mini taper for better event seeding and confidence. I'm trying to be hopeful for this year, but as BD has said before, next year is more likely for a NCAA Championship.

BearDevil;842458277 said:

Georgia essentially lost an entire recruiting cycle and won't be able to replace several stud seniors unless they load up on internationals and JCs in the late signing period. That's why I like Cal's and LSJU's chances more in 2016.

[COLOR="#3333ff"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Well I'm still hopeful/cautiously optimistic for Bears challenging for the title this year - even if in a massively underdog fashion.

As you had mentioned, the whole team has to step up and be on point during prelims to get into finals @ NCs - every single-digit point will be of consequence, if we can amass enough of them like how Georgia's doing it!

Caroline, Rachael, Kaylin, Kelly, Marina & co. consistently eking out a few points here & there will be just as important as a headlining Missy, Liz, Cierra, Farida or Boots winning or making Top 3 in their prime events. The momentum has to be maintained if we end up close to the dawgs after Day 2 (traditionally Bears' best day), since UGA has a history of killing it on the final day.

Even if it's really not meant to be for this season, my fervent wish is to see us wield the axe and at least beat furds in March...
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
--------

Maija Roses - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 22[/COLOR]
Back into the nail game just in time for PAC-12s ��

--------

Kaylin Bing - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 22[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]Lazy Sunday[/COLOR]
Sunday perfection: coffee ✔ nails ✔ accomplishing absolutely nothing ✔ #classicwhitegirl #starbs #puravida #noshame

--------

Rachel Bootsma - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 22[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]Spieker Aquatics Complex[/COLOR]
If you don't love the people you swim with and swim for, it's just not worth it #gobears #WNU ������

[U]Taylor Nanfria[/U] : Bear butts
[U]Marina Garcia[/U] : butts approved @aliciagrima

--------

Taylor Nanfria - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 23[/COLOR]
Last practice at Cal in this beautiful pool #tooblessed #gobears pic credz: @ASchulz1020

--------

Teri McKeever - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 23[/COLOR]
Team received their "magnets" this morning. Current & former Golden Bears know it's time to swim fast ��!

--------

Taylor Nanfria - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 23[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]ready for PAC12s ��[/COLOR]
Game face ��

--------

Melanie Klaren - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 23[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]Mother T[/COLOR]
Hands down, one of the funniest, toughest, and best years I've ever experienced. I am so proud to be on this team and to have the opportunity to compete in my last PAC-12's as a Golden Bear. Can't wait to head out tomorrow and get in some good racing. We have come so far ladies... #WNU #doless

--------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
---------

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#000066"]Farida Osman: A Pioneer in Egyptian Swimming[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Release: Monday 02/23/2015[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Farida Osman was the first Egyptian to final at the World Championships, placing seventh in the 50 fly in 2013.
Courtesy: Skip Stubbs[/SIZE]

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209903238&DB_OEM_ID=30100

---------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
[COLOR="#3333ff"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]
For discussions on Pac-12s, starting this Wed!
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?91076-2015-Pac-12-Swimming-Champs-(Women-s)
tedbear
UAC, this needs a separate thread.
tedbear
Great story! For all the accolades that our stars get coming out of high school, it is so refreshing to hear this story of perseverance by a great swimmer who was given nothing.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
tedbear;842458978 said:

UAC, this needs a separate thread.

[COLOR="#3333ff"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Carried out as per your command, sir!
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

tedbear;842458981 said:

Great story! For all the accolades that our stars get coming out of high school, it is so refreshing to hear this story of perseverance by a great swimmer who was given nothing.

[COLOR="#3333ff"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Couldn't agree more! Just read Farida's story and learnt a lot that I hadn't been aware of before - very inspiring! :beer:
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

--------

Maija Roses - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 24[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]Kelly Naze, Farida Osman and Taylor Nanfria[/COLOR]
Am I right? Or am I white? #Pac-12s

--------

Liz Pelton - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 24, 11:14 am PST[/COLOR]
Taking off for Pac 12s with the crew! Berkeley ✈️ Federal Way #GoBears #WNU

--------

Caroline Piehl - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 24[/COLOR]
The Bears are ready to play. #pac12championships #unleashcal #WNU #gobears

--------

Marina Garcia - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 24[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]pac12s letsgooo ��[/COLOR]
this girl has had me under her wing since day one.

[U]Eva Greene[/U] : @jasminemau looks jealous back there
[U]Maija Roses[/U] : ^������

--------

Maija Roses - [COLOR="#696969"]Mar 5[/COLOR]
Who spies @marinag94 butt? #BBHC #MarinaBootyAppreciationPost #HiMel

--------

Missy Franklin - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 24[/COLOR]
I'm almost 20 years old and my parents still give me good luck goodie bags before my big meets❤️ Seriously could not be more fortunate. My parents are such a huge part of why I still love this sport so much. So excited for PAC-12's this week with the best team in the world #WNU #gobears

--------

Farida Osman [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 24[/COLOR]
Pac12s here we comeee! We ready #goBears #WNU ������ @maija8roses

https://instagr.am/p/zf-h1JL_fA

[COLOR="#FF0000"]Instagram video[/COLOR] -> https://igcdn-videos-f-17-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t50.2886-16/11019817_815093595232277_16212857_n.mp4

--------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
[COLOR="#3333ff"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]
Women's swim team recognized as a CSCAA Scholar All-America Team for Fall 2014 (3.29 GPA):

http://cscaa.org/files/NCAA%20DI%20Women%20Team%20SAA%20Fall%202014.pdf

Furds had a lower GPA than us (3.26)...

:gobears:
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
bearchamp
Lower than "we".
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
bearchamp;842459240 said:

Lower than "we".

[COLOR="#3333ff"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Point taken hehe.

I'll just enter a guilty plea for lazily falling into the habit of using modern colloquialisms in lieu of the more classical & grammatically correct form... :p

And now back to your regular programming...
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
--------

@SoniaFanchan - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 25[/COLOR]

From London with love! Good luck to our teams at pac12 champs! (fyi we are still best friends [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FFD700"]��[/COLOR][/SIZE] )

--------

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4363[/ATTACH] Katie McLaughlin - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 25[/COLOR]

Good luck to my girls @CalWSwim at pac-12's this week!!! Go Bears!!! [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FFD700"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#663333"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#0099ff"]��[/COLOR][/SIZE]

--------

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4361[/ATTACH] Kathleen Baker - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 25[/COLOR]

Good luck to @CalWSwim as they go kill it at Pac 12s. I'll be cheering from NC [SIZE=4] [COLOR="#0099ff"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#FFD700"]��[/COLOR] [/SIZE]

--------

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4362[/ATTACH] Amy Bilquist - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 25[/COLOR]

Good luck to @CalWSwim at Pac 12s! Can't wait to see you guys tear it up! Go Bears!!! [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FFD700"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#663333"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#0099ff"]��[/COLOR][/SIZE]

--------

Maija Roses - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 25[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#808080"]Federal Way, Washington[/COLOR]

It's... RACE DAY RACE DAY RACE DAY!!! GO BEARS!! #PAC-12s

https://instagr.am/p/zh_8nHiE89

[SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"]Maija's video[/COLOR] ->[/SIZE] https://igcdn-videos-h-10-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t50.2886-16/11022305_1549742811959030_1875779779_n.mp4

--------

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4366[/ATTACH] Cal W Swim/Dive - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 25[/COLOR]

Less than an hour before the Pac-12 Championships start, the Bears are getting ready to race.

--------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
--------

Cierra Runge - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 25[/COLOR]

#Pac12s2015 wedembears ��������

[COLOR="#800080"]Abbey Weitzeil, Chenoa Devine[/COLOR] [COLOR="#808080"]and [COLOR="#000000"]193[/COLOR] others like this[/COLOR][SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] �� [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[U]Amy Bilquist[/U] : Yassss good luck!! ������

--------

Rachel Bootsma - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 25[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#A9A9A9"]Weyerhauser King County Aquatics Center[/COLOR]

So fun starting off PAC12s with a win and a meet record! #foreignrelay #onlyamerican #gobears #WNU #WNN ������

[U]Katie McLaughlin[/U] : WOOOOO

--------

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4367[/ATTACH] Cal Bears - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 25[/COLOR]

Those are the faces of student-athletes who just claimed a Pac-12 title AND the fastest time in the NATION this year!

--------

Cierra Runge - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 25[/COLOR]

So honored to race with these girls tonight! Could not ask for a better start to my first Pac 12s!! #gobears

--------

Caroline Piehl - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 25[/COLOR]

So honored to represent this amazing team and this amazing university. Love these girls so much. Cal is unleashed. #gobears #WNU

--------

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4362[/ATTACH] Amy Bilquist - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 25[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#ff3366"][SIZE=4]#Savage[/SIZE] [/COLOR]

--------

Natalie Coughlin - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 25[/COLOR]

Nice job @CalWSwim!!! Cheering from afar. #RollOnYouBears!!! [COLOR="#0099ff"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#FFD700"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#0099ff"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#FFD700"]��[/COLOR]

--------

Dana Vollmer - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 25[/COLOR]

Great night for the BEARS!!! GO BEARS!!!!

--------

Melanie Klaren - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 26[/COLOR]

After a great first night of relays, ready to roll on into Day 2! #WNU #bearsinbows ����

--------

Taylor Nanfria - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 26[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]My Nut [SIZE=4]��[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Savoring every moment

--------

Rachel Bootsma - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 26[/COLOR] @[COLOR="#A9A9A9"]Weyerhaeuser Aquatic Center[/COLOR]

Bow Down �� #bearsinbows #gobears #WNU #WNN ��: @evagreene

--------

[U]Cal Women's Swimming & Diving[/U]: Farida Osman on the 200 medley relay at Pac-12 Championships (Video Interview)

[video=youtube;qnDieQYc3iY][/video]

--------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
---------

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#000066"]60 Minutes Sports to Profile Golden Bears March 4[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Release: Thursday 02/26/2015[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]60 Minutes Sports cameras captured footage of the Bears on their Hawaii training trip.
Courtesy: Cal Athletics[/SIZE]

Golden Bear fans wanting an inside look at the Cal women's swimming & diving team should make plans to watch Showtime on Wednesday, March 4, beginning at 6 p.m. PT for the premiere of an in-depth feature on 60 Minutes Sports. Click on the link above for a preview.

The 60 Minutes Sports crew, including correspondent Sharyn Alfonsi and producer Rome Hartman, followed the Bears into training workouts, came along for a portion of the team's annual training trip to Hawaii and brought its cameras to Spieker Aquatics Complex for a couple of dual meets.

Check local listings for additional airings throughout the month of March. The feature will also be available to Showtime subscribers on demand and on the Showtime Anytime mobile app.

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=209910588

---------

[video=youtube;hOug4973Jhg][/video]

---------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
--------

Cal Women's Swimming & Diving - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 26[/COLOR]

It's been an All Cal night so far at the Pac-12 Championships. Cierra Runge set an NCAA record in winning the 500 free (4:31.90); Missy Franklin, Elizabeth Pelton and Celina Li go 1-2-3 in the 200 IM; and Farida Osman blazes to 21.65 to take the 50 free. Over two nights, that's 5 events down and 5 Golden Bear wins!

--------

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4370[/ATTACH] Cal W Swim/Dive - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 26[/COLOR]

This is what happens when your team wins 6 events in 2 days. Teri McKeever interviewed by @Pac12Networks.

--------

Liz Pelton - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 27[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]Weyerhaeuser Aquatic Center[/COLOR]
Necessary to get in our morning reading before warm up #pac12swim #GoBears #WNU #WNN #dtfh @missyfranklin88 @melklar @cierrarunge

Missy Franklin - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 27[/COLOR]
The typical Golden Bear pre-race routine [SIZE=4]☕��️��[/SIZE] #DTFH #WNN #WNU #pac12swim

--------

[COLOR="#0099cc"][SIZE=5]Recap: Cal takes early lead at 2015 Pac-12 Swimming (W) & Diving (M/W) Championships[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Feb 27 '15

Pac-12 Networks' Amy Van Dyken and Rich Burk talk with Cal coach Teri McKeever about the Bears' early lead following the first two days of the 2015 Pac-12 Swimming (W) & Diving (M/W) Championships and Cierra Runge's record-breaking swim Thursday. Stanford is a close second going into day two in Federal Way. See all the action from the first two days of the Pac-12 Championships Friday at 10 a.m. PT on Pac-12 Networks.

[COLOR="#FF0000"]VIDEO CLIP -->[/COLOR] http://pac-12.com/videos/recap-cal-takes-early-lead-2015-pac-12-swimming-w-diving-mw-championships

--------

Melanie Klaren - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 27[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]Weyerhaeuser Aquatic Center[/COLOR]
Team: Being apart of something bigger than yourself. So happy for my little sis, and can't wait to see what else this team has in store. #WNU #WNN #DTFH [SIZE=4]������[/SIZE]

--------

Farida Osman - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 27[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]Pac-12 Conference HQ[/COLOR]
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away" #sprinterlife #nobreath

--------

Kelly Naze (2nd) and Celina Li (1st) in 400 IM

Farida Osman (2nd) and Rachel Bootsma (3rd) in 100 fly

Rachel Bootsma (1st) and Melanie Klaren (3rd) in 100 back

--------

Melanie Klaren - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 28[/COLOR]
The purple goggles were clutch. #calbearbackstroke

--------

Kaylin Bing - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 27[/COLOR]
�� �� �� �� #DTFH #WNU #PTD

--------

Kristen Vredeveld - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 28[/COLOR]
Go Bears! ������ #cheeringbears #wnu #wnn #dtfh

--------

Eva Greene - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 27[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]Bear Territory[/COLOR]
It just keeps getting better �� #ann #wnu #wnn #ptd #dtfh #bbb

[SIZE=4]��[/SIZE]: Kathie Wickstrand Gahen

--------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
--------

--------

Caroline Piehl - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 28[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]Weyerhaeuser Aquatic Center[/COLOR]
Pac-12 champs with the best captains around. #gobears #WNU #WNN #DTFH #offtogreensboro

--------

Cat Breed - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 28[/COLOR]
Champs!
So incredibly proud of how my bears swam and couldn't have pictured a better meet for the Lady Bears. ������ Even though I didn't ever imagine my swimming career ending this way, God has a plan for me and there will be better things to come.
#goBears #pac12champs #retirement #swammer #alwaysaBear

--------

Taylor Nanfria - [COLOR="#696969"]Mar 1[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]Forever Golden[/COLOR]
"It's not the end, it's just a transition" -Teri Mckeever
I entered the pool as a smiling 5 year old, and I'm leaving with a bigger smile than I thought was possible.

--------

Missy Franklin - [COLOR="#696969"]Mar 3[/COLOR]
So grateful for this captured moment. It's not everyday that you have four teammates in the same heat for finals �� The only feeling that beats touching the wall knowing you gave your whole heart is reaching over and getting a huge hug from the people that got you there������ #gobears

[U]evagreene[/U]: #calbearbackstroke

--------

Marina Garcia - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 28[/COLOR]
When we don't enjoy what we do, we only nick the surface of our potential.�� #DTFH

--------

Jasmine Mau - [COLOR="#696969"]Mar 1[/COLOR]
Successful first PAC 12s with the dream team ������

[U]melklar[/U] : Hey, what does teamwork do?
[U]maija8roses[/U] : @melklar MAKES THE DREAM WORK!!!!

--------

Celina Li - [COLOR="#696969"]Mar 1[/COLOR]
Proud of each and every one of these women �� �� #wnu #wnn #dtfh

--------

Liz Pelton - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 28[/COLOR]
So proud of this team and to bring back the Pac 12 title to the Bay! #GoBears #pac12swim #WNN #WNU #dtfh

Rachel Bootsma - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 28[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#A9A9A9"]Weyerhaeuser Aquatic Center[/COLOR]
2015 PAC12 Champions!! ������ #gobears #WNU #WNN #DTFH #PTD

Camille Cheng - [COLOR="#696969"]Mar 1[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#A9A9A9"]Weyerhaeuser Aquatic Center[/COLOR]
PAC 12 CHAMPS ������ #gobears #DTFH #WNU #WNN #PTD

Cierra Runge - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 28[/COLOR]
We dem bears!!! ����������

Maija Roses - [COLOR="#696969"]Feb 28[/COLOR]
Throwin up that ☝️ tonight baby!!! PAC-12 CHAMPIONS!! #1 #GoBears #FamBam

--------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
---------

[COLOR="#000099"]
[SIZE=3]Cal Women's Swimming & Diving: [COLOR="#FFD700"]vLog Update (3/4/15)[/COLOR] [/SIZE]

Relive Cal's Pac-12 Championship through the latest video blog from freshman Maija Roses. And just for fun, see how many hugs you can count in two and a half minutes.
[/COLOR]

[video=youtube;Is5qkf7X1oM][/video]

---------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
---------

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0066cc"]Egypt's Farida Osman Is Defying the Odds As a Standout For California-Berkeley[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="#696969"]Farida Osman in the 'fly dash at Pac-12 [Photo courtesy of Pac-12/CAL][/COLOR]

http://www.swimvortex.com/egypts-farida-osman-is-defying-the-odds-as-a-standout-for-california-berkeley/

---------
OBear073akaSMFan
UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842463537 said:

---------

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0066cc"]Egypt's Farida Osman Is Defying the Odds As a Standout For California-Berkeley[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="#696969"]Farida Osman in the 'fly dash at Pac-12 [Photo courtesy of Pac-12/CAL][/COLOR]

http://www.swimvortex.com/egypts-farida-osman-is-defying-the-odds-as-a-standout-for-california-berkeley/

---------

At the bottom of the article, there is a link to "The Maturing of Ruta Meilutyte". It was be nice if we could get this breaststroker on the team next year!
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
OBear073akaSMFan;842463541 said:

At the bottom of the article, there is a link to "The Maturing of Ruta Meilutyte". It was be nice if we could get this breaststroker on the team next year!

[COLOR="#3333ff"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Ruta's very dominant in her primary stroke and a pretty talented sprinter to boot (has amazingly quick reaction times). Would be a game-changer for anyone lucky to have her on their team. I had even fantasized about Teri recruiting her alongside Siobhan Haughey from HK as our international dream team a while back...

Alas for us, Ruta has been a pro for quite some years now, so wouldn't be eligible under current NCAA rules. Still recall the excited fuss over in the UK & Lithuania that surrounded her meteoric rise leading up to the last Olympics, and if course her upset (for most Americans at any rate) of perennial favorite Rebecca Soni in the 100m breast @ London 2012.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
---------

[COLOR="#0066cc"][SIZE=3]Record-breaking swimming in Top 12 Plays of the Week[/SIZE][/COLOR]

From record-breaking performances in the pool and game-winning hits to buzzer-beating steals and big-time dunks, here are the top plays for Feb. 23 - March 1.

[video=youtube;xdjWk9ii2Os][/video]

---------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
--------

Tim Morehouse - [COLOR="#696969"]9 Mar[/COLOR]
Live from the @nbcsnl studio it is Olympian @FranklinMissy via satellite talking #Rio2016! @USOlympic

Scott Phelps - [COLOR="#696969"]9 Mar[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]Spieker Aquatics Complex[/COLOR]
Fun shoot today with 4 time Olympic Gold Medalist @FranklinMissy and the @CALWSwim team #Rio2016

espnW - [COLOR="#696969"]10 Mar[/COLOR]
Oh, just two Olympians hanging out at an @espnW shoot. @JulieFoudy @FranklinMissy (selfie credit: @JulieFoudy )

--------

Jeff Goldberg - [COLOR="#696969"]16 Mar[/COLOR]
Exciting things coming from @USAID on #WorldWaterDay!Huge thanks to @FranklinMissy & @Nathangadrian for your support!

--------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
--------

[COLOR="#008080"][SIZE=5]Cal's Golden Bears Come Away With Second Straight Conference Champioship[/SIZE][/COLOR]

(Pages 24-25)

http://links.swimmingworldmagazine.com:9994/magazine/biweekly/20150311-biweekly-reduced.pdf

--------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842465498 said:

Amy Bilquist - [COLOR="#696969"]10 Mar[/COLOR]
When your dog wears your clothes better than you do [SIZE=4][COLOR="#808080"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#FFD700"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#A52A2A"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#0066cc"]��[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Amy Bilquist - [COLOR="#696969"]13 Mar[/COLOR]
Luke is getting ready for NCAAs! Can you guess who he's woofing for? [SIZE=4] [COLOR="#FFD700"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#A52A2A"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#0099cc"]��[/COLOR][/SIZE]

--------

Rachel Bootsma - [COLOR="#696969"]13 Mar[/COLOR]
With NCAAs next week, I'm feeling sentimental about this team and our senior leaders. Could not be more proud of how far we have come! Last one fast one! #gobears #WNU #WNN #dtfh

--------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
--------

Caroline piehl - [COLOR="#696969"]15 Mar[/COLOR]
My time at Spieker pool has come to an end. Now it's time to take care of business. #NCAA2015 #businesstrip #WNU #WNN #DTFH

--------

Rachel Bootsma - [COLOR="#696969"]15 Mar[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#808080"]Spieker Aquatics Complex[/COLOR]
Last practice at Spieker complete! Next stop: NCAAs! #gobears #WNU #WNN #dtfh #OTN

--------

Farida Osman - [COLOR="#696969"]15 Mar[/COLOR]
We're off to NCAAs! GO BEARS!! #WNU #OTN [SIZE=4][COLOR="#0099cc"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#A52A2A"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#FFD700"]��[/COLOR][/SIZE]

--------

Melanie Klaren - [COLOR="#696969"]15 Mar[/COLOR]
Off to Greensboro for my last NCAA's with the coolest people I know. #OTN [SIZE=4][COLOR="#0099cc"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#A52A2A"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#FFD700"]��[/COLOR][/SIZE]

--------

Liz Pelton - [COLOR="#696969"]15 Mar[/COLOR]
Greensboro bound with the Bears for NCAAs! #GoBears #WNU #WNN #DTFH #OTN

--------

Cal W Swim/Dive - [COLOR="#696969"]16 Mar[/COLOR]
Academics never take a backseat for these Bears - a study session between workouts while in N Car for NCAAs

--------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
--------

Ron Rivera - [COLOR="#696969"]17 Mar[/COLOR] (Cal alum and Carolina Panthers head coach)
Just gave a pep talk to @CalWSwim As they prepare for #NCAAFinals #APE #YouRTheStandard #GoBears

--------

Farida Osman - [COLOR="#696969"]18 Mar[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#808080"]NCAAs in NC[/COLOR]
And it all begins tomorrow! Ready to race with my Bears! ������

--------

Liz Pelton - [COLOR="#696969"]18 Mar[/COLOR]
Ready for NCAAs to kick off tomorrow! #GoBears #OTN #WNN #DannyD #ncaaswim

--------

Katie McLaughlin - [COLOR="#696969"]18 Mar[/COLOR]
LETS GO BEARS!!!! Show em who's boss this week!! [SIZE=4][COLOR="#A52A2A"]����[/COLOR][COLOR="#FFD700"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#0099ff"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#FFD700"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#0099ff"]��[/COLOR][/SIZE]

--------

Kathleen Baker - [COLOR="#696969"]19 Mar[/COLOR]
Good luck to my fav team this weekend at NCAAs @CalWSwim [SIZE=4] [COLOR="#0099ff"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#FFD700"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#A52A2A"]����[/COLOR][/SIZE]

--------

--------

[SIZE=3][COLOR="#800080"]1) [/COLOR] [COLOR="#A52A2A"]2015 NCAA live results & discussion:[/COLOR][/SIZE] http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?91525-2015-Women's-NCAA-Championships-(Swimming)

[SIZE=3][COLOR="#800080"]2) [/COLOR] [COLOR="#008000"]Event previews + predictions/picks:[/COLOR][/SIZE] http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?91188-Preparing-For-NCAA-Championships-Top-50-Individual-Swim-Rankings

--------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus

--------

Teri: "It's very rewarding to see a group of women come together."
Loves how NCAAs makes swimming about team.
...on her strategy: "Because I'm sneaky."
...says Missy's college career has been like other careers, just 'concentrated.'
"It's been great for me personally, and I am incredibly proud of her teammates too...for having the ability to accept someone of that stature & make it about the team."
"Some of the decisions for Missy are not only in the best interest of our program...but in the best interests of Missy's development."
...says same about Liz Pelton.

--------

Missy: "This will be my last collegiate meet, as many of you know. I couldn't be more excited to be here with my girls. I'm so blessed for the past two years. It's been really fun doing different events and training different things. I think the main thing is team. It honestly doesn't matter what your time is."
...was asked a lot of questions at press conference about her decision to go pro after this meet.

--------

--------

[COLOR="#0066cc"][SIZE=5]Notes from Pre-Meet Press Conferences at Women's NCAAs[/SIZE][/COLOR]

By David Rieder

GREENSBORO − A line of five swimmers and divers sat at the podium for the pre-meet press conferences at women's NCAAs, but the media assembled wanted to talk to the one in the yellow shirt on the far right: Missy Franklin. Franklin had long since made clear that these NCAAs would be her final collegiate meet, and she backed up that statement the day before the first race.

"This will be my last collegiate meet, as many of you know," said Franklin in her opening statement. "These past two years, they've been amazing. I can't believe how fast they've flown by."

Franklin, who last year won the 200 free in a new American and NCAA record time of 1:40.31, spoke glowingly of the memories she will keep from her college swimming years and of the growth she experienced at Cal. She said that she has had no qualms about her decision to leave school after two years since that was the path she and her parents agreed upon after the 2012 Olympics. "Part of what's made this decision easier is that this has been the plan all along," said Franklin.

Amid speculation of where she will train after she turns professional, Franklin refused to speculate. "Looking forward, I'm thinking about the next three days," said Franklin. "That's what I've been working for for the past two years, and this is what it's about right now. That's what my team deserves; that's what I deserve.

As for the meet itself, Franklin said she would enjoy swimming different events from last year, subtracting the 100 and 500 free from last year's meet and adding the 200 back and 200 IM. She added, though, that her most important priority in her event schedule was filling needs for her team. "You all get to see my breaststroke, so that's gonna be pretty great," joked Franklin.

Quick Hits

*Cal coach Teri McKeever made a number of significant changes to her swimmers' events schedule this season. Along with Franklin's switch, she moved Elizabeth Pelton out of the 200 free and into the 100 back. McKeever said that she took advantage of the versatility of both Franklin and Pelton in making the event selections while keeping in mind what would be best for their careers long term. She also added that she made particular changes "because I'm sneaky."

http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/news/notes-from-pre-meet-press-conferences-at-womens-ncaas/

--------

[COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=5]Coach and Swimmer Quick Quotes 2015 Women's NCAA DI Swimming and Diving Championships[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Teri McKeever: "The journey to the top is very exciting and challenging and a rewarding journey. I am most impressed personally with people who have the ability to stay at the top when others are bringing their best game, whether it be a team or individual and that's why I have so much respect for Jack [Bauerle] and other programs and other coaches that have done that. And I am hoping, that's my goal as a coach, my goal as a program is to be relevant as a program and be part of the conversation year in and year out."

Teri McKeever on switching Missy and Elizabeth Pelton's events for this meet.
"If you are fortunate enough to work with women who can be successful at the highest level with different events that gives you more opportunities as a coach and I think it gives them more opportunities to challenge themselves. Some of the decisions for Missy are not only in the best interest of the program, but in the best interest of herself. And I would say particularly for Elizabeth there have been some discussions of decisions in her best interest so she grows as an individual athlete that are between Elizabeth and I."

Teri McKeever on Missy Franklin's career
"When you're fortunate enough to have an athlete of that stature on your team it brings an awareness to the sport and campus and program that I'm very appreciative of."
"This group of women will give her the greatest gift anyone could ever give her."

Missy Franklin, California
"I am so excited, this is obviously a little different for me, this is my last collegiate meet as many of you know. I couldn't be more excited to be here with my girls. I'm so grateful and so blessed for the last two years. I think about not having this experience and I honestly can't imagine where I would be."
"It really has changed my life forever."

Missy Franklin on her collegiate career
"The memories I've been able to make have really just been incredible."
"I'm so excited for the next couple days to make so many more memories. I've grown as a person, I've grown as an athlete and I'm just so grateful for the opportunities and the challenges I've had to help me do that."
"Looking forward, I'm looking towards the next 3 days. That's what I've been working for the past two years and this is what it's about right now. It's what my team deserves and it's what I deserve to be right here right now and enjoy every second of it."

Missy Franklin on memorable moments in college
"For some reason, the one thing that is popping into my mind is finals week last winter. And our whole team, you would think that we'd get sick of each other after spending so much time together but we would all just take over this room in Doe library and study there for eight hours a day and be running off of coffee and cornbread and I'm sitting there and going through all of my notes and I looked up and it was just one of those moments where you sit back and I'm in this beautiful library on the best campus in the world surrounded by my best friends, my teammates, and people that I'm going to have in my life forever and just watching them study watching them listen to music and just thinking about the times I've been able to share with them and I feel as loved and as close to them sitting in the library studying for finals as I do after we win a relay or lose a relay and being able to share that with someone is a really special thing."

http://swimswam.com/coach-and-swimmer-quick-quotes-2015-womens-ncaa-di-swimming-and-diving-championships/

--------

[COLOR="#A52A2A"][SIZE=5]Missy Franklin has no regrets about decision to turn pro[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Jodie Valade, Special for USA TODAY Sports [COLOR="#696969"]7:48 p.m. EDT March 18, 2015[/COLOR]

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2015/03/18/missy-franklin-turning-pro-cal-ncaa-meet/24989047/

--------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
--------

Caroline Piehl - [COLOR="#696969"]21 Mar[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]We are the CHAMPIONS ��[/COLOR]
I started and finished my Cal swimming career as a National Champion. As a retired swimmer, I want to thank all of my coaches, teammates, and everyone who has helped me achieve my dreams. We are forever GOLDEN. #nationalchampions #bearsontop #goldforthegoldenbears

--------

Melanie Klaren - [COLOR="#696969"]21 Mar[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#808080"]Greensboro Aquatic Center[/COLOR]
What a way to end my collegiate career. There's no other group of women I would have wanted to be on this journey with and choosing to swim at Cal has forever changed my life. GO FREAKING BEARS! #nattychamps

--------

Rachel Bootsma - [COLOR="#696969"]21 Mar[/COLOR]
Forever Golden ������ #gobears

--------

Jasmine Mau - [COLOR="#696969"]22 Mar[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]2015 NCAA Champs[/COLOR]
GO FREAKIN BEARS �������� #freshies #nattychamps #staygolden

--------

Missy Franklin - [COLOR="#696969"]22 Mar[/COLOR]
National Champs 2015. Can't even put what this feels like into words. I couldn't imagine a more perfect way to end my collegiate career. THANK YOU to my amazing and once in a lifetime team, my family, and everyone who has been so supportive of this journey! I will forever bleed blue and gold������ #GoBears

--------

Kaylin Bing - [COLOR="#696969"]22 Mar[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]NATTY CHAMPS ��[/COLOR]
Starting my career with a ring and ending with a ring! #gofreakingbears #gernades #NCAA15 #OTN

--------

Melanie Klaren - [COLOR="#696969"]22 Mar[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]NATIONAL CHAMPS[/COLOR]
Dropping hammers and tossing grenades. #OURTIMENOW ��

--------

Caroline Piehl - [COLOR="#696969"]22 Mar[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]Two time national champs ��[/COLOR]
Us seniors have been waiting for this moment for 3 years. It was sweeter than I could have ever imagined. #hammersdropped #grenadestossed #wediditall #seniors

--------

Camille Cheng - [COLOR="#696969"]21 Mar[/COLOR]
One of many GOLDEN moments! Honored to be a part of this relay. Love this team ������ Go Bears! #TTFG

[U]melissaebates[/U] : One of each class!
[U]linneakayy[/U] : @epelton16 confused on what emotion this is

--------

Rachel Bootsma - [COLOR="#696969"]22 Mar[/COLOR]
My window box card from tonight before the last finals session said it perfectly "fate loves the fearless" So proud of this team! 2015 NCAA Champions #gobears

--------

Liz Pelton - [COLOR="#696969"]22 Mar[/COLOR] - [COLOR="#808080"]NCAA's 2015[/COLOR]
We are C⃣a⃣l⃣i⃣f⃣o⃣r⃣n⃣i⃣a⃣. So proud of this team #nattychamps #GoBears #TTFG #WNN

--------

Cierra Runge - [COLOR="#696969"]22 Mar[/COLOR]
Go Bears! ������ #nationalchamps2015 ��: @maijaroses

[COLOR="#FF0000"]VIDEO =>[/COLOR] https://scontent-lga.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t50.2886-16/11087419_666674470145038_561020091_n.mp4

https://instagr.am/p/0jeOm3kE7W

--------

Maija Roses - [COLOR="#696969"]22 Mar[/COLOR]
Congrats to my Golden Bears on a great meet this week! This has been an amazing year with my golden family! #NATTYCHAMPS #ncaa2015 ������

[COLOR="#FF0000"]VIDEO =>[/COLOR] https://scontent-lga.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/t50.2886-16/11083232_1549657738612142_1465410978_n.mp4

https://instagr.am/p/0jhpJbiE2Z

--------
Microbear85
Ursus: Thanks for all the great photos. What a fun celebration!

But, what's with all the hashtag references to grenade tossing? I get hammers being dropped. But, grenades? Seems very un-Berkeley-like. Nevertheless, very fun to see all the photos.
BearDevil
Microbear85;842471727 said:

Ursus: Thanks for all the great photos. What a fun celebration!

But, what's with all the hashtag references to grenade tossing? I get hammers being dropped. But, grenades? Seems very un-Berkeley-like. Nevertheless, very fun to see all the photos.

The Unabomber and Patty Hearst beg to differ. Patty was a sub-minute breastroker. She didn't blueshirt, but she did black beret for a season while training with the SLA. May still have some elibility left. Screw the new facility, Tania could train at the family pool and gym on campus.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.