Kids are in cages and no one cares

9,674 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearForce2
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Obama's cages.

Suddenly, no one cares.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2

AOC used to care about Obama's cages but after her near death experience, she lost interest.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
Blueblood
BearForce2 said:

"Gosh, I didn't know Bear Farce2 liked
playing in the mud in the late evening?"
hanky1
Those cages are more comfortable and safer than the ****hole countries they came from. We should charge them rent for staying in those cages.
hanky1
BearForce2
Blueblood
BearForce2 said:

I guess we lose hanky for awhile, so we'll get more mud from BearFarce2.....doesn't matter, the same motivating pathology prevails.....to bad this site is his or her life savior....
dajo9
Obama put the kids in cages as 72 hour temporary holding facilities during overflow periods.

Trump separated kids from their parents and held kids in cages indefinitely.

If it seems like Democrats treat these two situations differently that is because the former is a bureaucratic solution and the latter is an evil solution supported by the pro life crowd.
American Vermin
BearForce2
dajo9 said:

Obama put the kids in cages as 72 hour temporary holding facilities during overflow periods.

If it seems like Democrats treat these two situations differently that is because the former is a bureaucratic solution and the latter is an evil solution supported by the pro life crowd.

Your answers keep changing, before you were exposed, it was Trump who built the cages.
dajo9
BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

Your answers keep changing, before you were exposed, it was Trump who built the cages.

1st, I invite you to find where I said Trump built the cages. It doesn't matter who built the cages unless you are looking for a distraction, which you are.

2nd, if at some point in the history of Off Topic I made mention of Trump building cages, I'd be happy to correct the record. It doesn't matter and it doesn't change anything.
American Vermin
hanky1
sycasey
dajo9 said:

I've been over all of this with these folks before. They don't care about this. They don't actually care about the kids either. They care about posting more stupid memes.
GoOskie
dajo9 said:

Pro life until they're born, then ef them.
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
AunBear89
GoOskie said:

dajo9 said:

Pro life until they're born, then ef them.

Pro fetus. Anti life (death penalty, gun fetish, military, gutting social safety net, etc.)
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearForce2
BearForce2
BearForce2
BearForce2

Econ For Dummies
BearForce2 said:

The party in power
Econ For Dummies
BearForce2 said:

hanky1
dajo9
Trump's legacy
American Vermin
BearForce2
Parents want to be reunited with their children in the U.S. They don't want their children to return back to their home country.

Quote:

"The simple fact is this: after contact has been made with the parents to reunite them with their children, many parents have refused," he said, noting that "out of the 485 children whom plaintiffs' counsel has been able to contact, they have yet to identify a single family that wants their child reunited with them in their country of origin."

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/hundreds-of-deported-parents-choosing-not-to-be-reunited-with-their-children-at-home-holding-out-hope-they-can-return-to-u-s/
BearForce2
sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

I've been over all of this with these folks before. They don't care about this. They don't actually care about the kids either. They care about posting more stupid memes.

No, this is not true. What's despicable are the media's lies.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/06/immigration-debate-family-separation-media-coverage-misleading/
Econ For Dummies
Hope Never Dies said:

dajo9 said:

Trump's legacy

Wow.

A whole 105 kids identified in 30 days. And lawyers. They must be using at least 2 then.

Probably BI lawyers who are too busy crying to mods to delete my accounts and argue why their kids need to be back in school to have time to re-unite these poor kids with their parents, who I'm sure probably haven't left any information on how to find them easily with any U.S. or Mexican authorities because of course if your kids were locked up in a foreign country in Obama cages, you'd probably be real tough to find too if some angel of light came along and wanted to give them back to you.

It's astounding how logic fails you when you post this inane Democratic apologia from the media arm of the DemocratiKKK party.

(the party that brought you Southern secession and Jim Crow laws)

The post above by BearForce2 seems to bring in some important additional considerations.
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

No, this is not true. What's despicable are the media's lies.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/06/immigration-debate-family-separation-media-coverage-misleading/

Ben Shapiro is full of crap. Family separations at the border did not happen prior to Trump (the "kids in cages" under Obama arrived unaccompanied, not with families), so there is no evidence that the law REQUIRED them to do it. That was Trump's administration and their decision to interpret the law that way.

Immigration reform has also largely been blocked by Republicans, not Democrats.
Econ For Dummies
BearForce2 said:

Parents want to be reunited with their children in the U.S. They don't want their children to return back to their home country.

Quote:

"The simple fact is this: after contact has been made with the parents to reunite them with their children, many parents have refused," he said, noting that "out of the 485 children whom plaintiffs' counsel has been able to contact, they have yet to identify a single family that wants their child reunited with them in their country of origin."

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/hundreds-of-deported-parents-choosing-not-to-be-reunited-with-their-children-at-home-holding-out-hope-they-can-return-to-u-s/
That's quite a game of chicken they're playing.

If families are making claims of asylum when the real reason for migration is economic, rather than political persecution (like say the Uyghurs), that's a problem. I think the process for what happens to a family who wants to make an asylum claim (especially when they pass through another country like Mexico without claiming asylum in that country) needs to be better defined, as does our entire immigration system.
dajo9
Lots of "Good German" activity going on with this topic so let's break it down and keep focus.

The Trump Administration secretly began a program in 2017 of separating children from their immigrant families at the border. The program became public and the public outrage and court system forced a shutdown. NOT included in this public outcry are people like BF2 and our supposed Bernie Sanders supporting, Yogi. Apparently they were ok with the policy of taking children, including infants and toddlers, away from their families for the act of crossing the American border without permission. In fact, now Yogi is blaming the parents for the separation because they have not placed the adequate bureaucratic phone calls to make themselves easily identifiable from wherever it is that they are in the home country from which they originally fled with nothing except what they could carry. Is this the official Bernie Sanders position?

Now let's proceed to the whataboutism distraction thrown up to try to distract from the big picture. From the National Review article posted by BF2 we get the claim that 485 parents have been contacted and refused to be reunited in the home country. National Review provides a retort from ACLU lawyer, Lee Gelernt, but as is common for National Review (and why you would only read National Review if you want to be blindly fed propaganda and be stupid) they do not provide the appropriate counterargument. For that we can go to ABCNews:
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/parents-545-kids-separated-border-found-aclu/story?id=73748152
Quote:

In response, Gelernt referred back to the court document that says that the steering committee has "not yet reached the separated parents" of the 545 children.
So the counterargument is that, no 485 parents have not been contacted. I am not aware of any evidence the Trump Administration provided to support their claim.

Let's move on from the unsubstantiated Court back and forth and further review the National Review whataboutism claim:

The article says 3,800 children were separated (2,800+1,000). That is a little short of the real number, which is 5,460. It breaks down like this:
2,814 originally identified as separated
1,090 additionally separated illegally after a Court ordered the practice stopped
1,556 additionally identified as separated but unknown before because government tracking was so bad. National Review apparently decides to ignore these children. Out of sight, out of mind.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/more-5-400-children-split-border-according-new-count-n1071791

The Trump Administration makes the bold claim that of the 485 parents who they say did not want to be reunited in the home country, a total of zero of those parents want to be reunited in the home country (no, I did not word that strangely on accident, that is the essence of their claim - 100% of the parents who said "X", said "X"). As I've noted this claim is disputed by the ACLU, but whatever. The whataboutism argument is that 485 parents out of 5,460 do not want to be reunited unless it is inside the United States. A whopping 9%.

That is the stupidity and the vileness of the Trump supporter.
American Vermin
Econ For Dummies
dajo9 said:

National Review provides a retort from ACLU lawyer, Lee Gelernt, but as is common for National Review (and why you would only read National Review if you want to be blindly fed propaganda and be stupid) they do not provide the appropriate counterargument. For that we can go to

ABCNews:
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/parents-545-kids-separated-border-found-aclu/story?id=73748152
Quote:

In response, Gelernt referred back to the court document that says that the steering committee has "not yet reached the separated parents" of the 545 children.

Quote:

The American Civil Liberties Union said in a court filing submitted on Tuesday that they have been unable to contact parents of 545 children who were separated at the border by the Trump administration, leaving the children living with sponsors throughout the United States.
Why do you think they've been unable to contact them? And do you think the parents want to be re-united with their children if they aren't granted asylum to live in the United States.
dajo9
SFBear92 said:

dajo9 said:

National Review provides a retort from ACLU lawyer, Lee Gelernt, but as is common for National Review (and why you would only read National Review if you want to be blindly fed propaganda and be stupid) they do not provide the appropriate counterargument. For that we can go to

ABCNews:
Quote:

Quote:

The American Civil Liberties Union said in a court filing submitted on Tuesday that they have been unable to contact parents of 545 children who were separated at the border by the Trump administration, leaving the children living with sponsors throughout the United States.
Why do you think they've been unable to contact them? And do you think the parents want to be re-united with their children if they aren't granted asylum to live in the United States.

Still missing the point, I see
American Vermin
Econ For Dummies
dajo9 said:

SFBear92 said:

dajo9 said:

ABCNews:
Quote:

Quote:

Still missing the point, I see
I don't think so.

If I was separated from my child, I wouldn't be hard to find if someone wanted to give my child back to me. So I think the question about why they can't find these parents is relevant.
BearForce2

Kids are in cages and no one cares.

BearForce2

"Hey number 8, stop whining, follow the science, and play your tuba!"
BearForce2
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.