Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

362,310 Views | 4701 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by movielover
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

Nobody could have foreseen this...
okaydo
Hey: Question: I scheduled my booster for this weekend. I got Pfizer for the first round. I was going to get Moderna...But I had no side effects with Pfizer, and I'm scared of being bedridden and unable to work if I get the Moderna...So I'm getting Pfizer again. I googled a bunch. And there was no definitive answer on mixing and matching...But I also heard that Moderna is more effective.

Am I making the right decision?

dimitrig
okaydo said:

Hey: Question: I scheduled my booster for this weekend. I got Pfizer for the first round. I was going to get Moderna...But I had no side effects with Pfizer, and I'm scared of being bedridden and unable to work if I get the Moderna...So I'm getting Pfizer again. I googled a bunch. And there was no definitive answer on mixing and matching...But I also heard that Moderna is more effective.

No one knows.
oski003
dimitrig said:

okaydo said:

No one knows.

Call Microsoft to see if the Moderna chip can communicate with the Pfizer chip. . Fyi, I am likely getting boosted with Pfizer soon even though I got Moderna for my primaries.
bearister
Once again, America is in denial about signs of a fresh Covid wave

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/mar/16/once-again-america-is-in-denial-about-signs-of-a-fresh-covid-wave?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
oski003
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Seems like a bit of an alarmist take. I read somewhere that perhaps 45% of America contracted Omicron, so that combined with high vaccination rates should make a big difference for us. BA2 is here and decently prevalent already.

HK was the perfect storm because they stayed zero COVID for so long and a lot of the most vulnerable people were resolutely anti-vax. Only 2/3 of 70-79 and 37% of 80 and above have received 2 doses, and even fewer have been boosted. The overall vaccination numbers are much better because people between 20 and 70 are much more heavily vaccinated (93% for 40-49 year olds!).

I'm not saying people shouldn't take precautions here, but I don't think that it's obviously the case that BA2 is going to destroy us the way that Omicron did.
bearister
Covid doesn't get your attention until you get it. Before that you pop off how nobody you know has had it. Then you step on your dick, get careless, get it, and say HOLY SH@IT! I don't want that again.

I know at least 15 people that have had it, including my wife, son and sister. Everybody got over it from home but you don't want it. I didn't get it when my wife had it, which is weird. Maybe…..

"I'm a golden god!"
Big C

It's almost unbelievable to me that we are still going back and forth on the vaccines.

For the past almost six months, over 1,000 Americans per day have still been dying of COVID, reaching a peak of about 2,500 in late January. Only now is it about to drop below 1,000 (7 day average).

Still!

And the vast majority of the fatalities have been unvaccinated. And yet we're still debating various silly mask mandate scenarios and the benefits of the vaccines. What's not to understand here?
Unit2Sucks
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

https://yournews.com/2022/01/08/2278667/triple-vaccinated-swiss-olympic-athlete-fabienne-schlumpf-diagnosed-with-myocarditis/

She was triple vaccinated, never infected with covid, and her career is over. She got silver at euro championships, had swiss record, and competed in marathon at the Olympics. Truly sad.
It would be helpful and more persuasive if you posted links from news sources that didn't fall in the category of "the worst news sources."

003 forgot to mention that more than 2000 Americans committed suicide by COVID today and no longer have to worry about myocarditis.

He likes to talk about careers being over to make it seem like myocarditis is the worst thing that can happen to someone. That's anti-vaxxer playbook 101.

Debate with facts, not emotional pleas. You used to argue that there was no evidence that the vaccines caused myocarditis. Then you argued that myocarditis isn't serious. Now, you argue that covid caused death is worse than this Olympic athlete's career ending vaccine injury. You are correct. Death is worse. However, nobody is arguing that it isn't. Nor am I generally arguing against getting vaccinated against covid 19.

You have no factual basis to claim that her career is over. She doesn't seem to think so but your agenda demands that you make the claim. You are beholden to your hysterics, facts be damned.

Remember a couple of months ago when you baselessly claimed Florian Dagoury's career was over? He's competing again and says he's back to normal. You don't care about facts, just about making convenient claims to further your ridiculous assault on lifesaving vaccines. You should be ashamed of yourself for continuing to spread false and misleading information. Meanwhile, thousands are now dying every day because like you they think vaccines are more dangerous than COVID. Well, they no longer have to worry about vaccines.

Links and quotes please regarding the diver and runner competing again. I have stated numerous times to you in this thread that covid is more dangerous than mRNA vaccines, even though I specifically don't trust mRNA vaccines. Please bundle up your emotions and keep it honest.
You are the one who claimed their careers were over without any basis and now you want me to inject reality?

Why don't you do your own research and check what the athletes have said rather than relying on unreliable anti-vaxxer propaganda sites?

Just point me in the direction of what you are asserting. I think you are capable of doing such. Thanks.

I made a good faith effort to find evidence of usucks' assertions that Dagoury is downplaying her myocarditis or the freediver is competing again. I could not find anything. However, I did find a tweet from another marathon runner who hasn't been able to compete for almost two years since alleged vaccine caused myocarditis.

Apparently your search skills are much stronger for misinformation than facts.

Dagoury is the free diver but I could see how you would be confused with all of the misinformation you are working with. He said this in December: "my daily and resting heart rate are now back to normal."

Schlumpf (the runner who you reported misinormation about) said this: "I hope to be back soon, chasing my dreams%85 and competitors." According to this article, "Schlumpf does not suspect a connection between myocarditis and the Covid vaccine", although that reportedly came from another newspaper so I can't say whether it's accurate or not. What I know is not accurate is your baseless and irresponsible categorical claim that her career is over.

If you spend 5 minutes looking on any search engine you would have been able to find this information. Unless the only search engine you use is limited to ant-vax misinformation, which at this point is what it's starting to feel like.

Also, lol if you believe that we should trust a person who claims they are suffering heart problems from a COVID vaccine from April 2020. You are smarter than this, when you choose to be. Maybe the person got COVID, I don't know, but I am pretty damn sure they didn't get a pfizer or moderna jab in April 2020.

1) April 2021
2) I used Google. Thank you for stopping to provide some sort of evidence for your assertions. I will check them out later.
3) I will try to find Dagoury's quote.
4) I will try to find a quote from the runner regarding not connecting the myocarditis to her vaccines.
I'm still a bit skeptical of the random tweet you posted from the guy who says he can't run any more when the picture he posted clearly shows a medal from a half marathon that happened in October 2021.

When I google Dagoury (and Schlumpf), I was able to locate their IGs which is a common way people communicate now. You can read more from them there.

This is the point in the conversation where you acknowledge that you had no reasonable basis to declare that their careers were over and that you will try not to make these sorts of misrepresentations in the future. If you want to build credibility here, than acknowledging when you are wrong is a good start. Taking minimal steps not to continually post anti-vax misinformation from obvious sketchy anti-vax websites would be even better.
Yeah, the marathon runner has a half marathon medal pictured in his group of medals from late 2021. I would be skeptical as well although I wouldn't make assumptions either way.

As for Dagoury, he appears to have partially recovered from the vaccine induced myocarditis. I found the entire quote after going to his instagram. He said his recovery is hard and it is "average." whatever that means,

I believe his goal is to get back to 10 minutes and 30 seconds + and he has kind of worked his way back to 8 minutes. He is motivated.

"Not a bad performance Very hard breath hold though, I had to push myself a lot. Unfortunately my mind wasn't clear enough to remove facial equipment, make an OK signal and say "I am Ok". I did it in the wrong order and got disqualified. The good news is that I feel the power coming back. I'm sure within the next 3 months I will be back at 9 minutes+. Heart rate during breath holds is still high and for some reason I barely have any bradycardia which stops me from relaxing deeply. My breath holds in training start with 100bpm and ends at 85bpm. When I was doing 10+ minutes static hold it was 60-30bpm. However I'm not worried because my daily and resting heart rate are now back to normal. I walk around at 60ish bpm, and sleep at 40bpm. Lots of progress have been made in this recovery journey."

As for Schlumpf, here is what she just wrote, "I still have to be careful and patient but spending time in the nature gives me so much positive energy. Thanks to all the people who wished me a speed recovery, it means a lot."

So, I will backtrack and say that Schlumpf's career as an olympic athlete is likely over as opposed to is over. Free diving is a little bit looser, but I doubt he will be able to meet his previous records. It does seem possible that both can resume normal lives (possibly without extreme exertion), despite their heart injuries.

Unsurprising response. You quibble over details after pathetically posting misinformation with no mea culpa.

Let's go through each of your responses regarding these athletes. With the random unknown runner who recently ran a half marathon you quibble by posting that he is a marathon runner who ran a half marathon. Ok bud. The mistake riddled tweet said this: "I haven't been able to run more than 5miles for chest, heart and breathing issues from suspected myocarditis" and posted a picture of a medal from a half marathon he ran 2 months ago. You shouldn't have posted it and if you had any intellectual honesty you would acknowledge it. But instead you quibble.

You say that Dagoury has "kind of worked his way back to 8 minutes" and cropped the portion of the comment you posted to remove the fact that he said he was at 8:30 in his first competition. I don't think Dagoury cares that you "doubt" he will meet his previous record (which he set a year and a half before his vaccine so he wasn't exactly peaking before his myocarditis, although honestly I don't know anything about free diving) but you of course have no problem making uninformed predictions like when you predicted that his career was over after myocarditis. You should let him know that you think it's "possible" that he can resume his normal life.

Similarly, you are making an uninformed prediction about Schlumpf because ... reasons. She recently said "I hope to be back soon, chasing my dreams... and competitors." I look forward to you directly responding to her on instagram that you think her career is over and that it's only possible she can resume her normal life.

We all know that you are doing what you are doing because myocarditis is the only problem you can even remotely hang on mRNA vaccines and your rabid agenda demands you do so. You know quite well how to dismiss unreliable information you disagree with but you will scour the internet for any random tweet claiming that the vaccine caused a person some unverified problem, even obviously flawed statements.

Why would anyone trust anything you say at this point?

Everything you are saying here is pure lawyer spin. Myocarditis, durability, and tolerabity are my main concerns with mRNA vaccines; therefore, I discuss them.
You use sleazy language about me hanging my hat on myocarditis. You treat myocarditis like it is not serious. You recite facts like most recovered after 3 days (in the hospital) to support your arguments that myocarditis is "mild.". You have constantly been wrong when questioning my durability concerns. At this point, it is pretty clear that mRNA covid vaccines lack durability. The only question exists is whether all covid vaccine technologies would do so as well. Regardless, the lack of durability absolutely changes the argument on the cost benefit of boosting. You only see it one way because you defend defend defend these vaccines despite evidence presented to you. You view real factual criticism of the vaccines as an attack by anti-vaxxers because you feel vaccines are somehow your client. Why would anyone trust what you say at this point?
I love that you think that telling the truth is "pure lawyer spin." You get caught with your pants down time and time again spreading misinformation and yet you say I use "sleazy language."

Everyone wants better vaccines. We all want the COVID pandemic to end, well those of us who recognize that it exists. You have quite obviously mounted an ideological attack against mRNA vaccines which you believe justifies any means necessary. Accordingly you continuously post information which you either know to be incorrect or you recklessly choose to disregard all indicia of unreliability.

I'm a normal person, I don't carry water or plant flags for any particular vaccine technology. I have no hill to die on. I defend the use of lifesaving vaccines because they prevent idiots from dying. More than 2,100 Americans committed suicide by COVID today, the vast majority of whom fell for the same exact misinformation that you regularly amplify on BI and presumably elsewhere.

At this point, mRNA vaccines have outperformed all comers - J&J, AZ, Sinovac, Sinopharm, etc. have all performed worse in practice and had we relied on them in the US we would have had more deaths than we already have. It's possible that the new Hotez team vaccine or that Novavax or Inovio will be proven more effective (and at least as safe or safer) but that does not justify anyone waiting to get them. Had hundreds of millions of Americans waited for whatever vaccine clears your theoretical minimum hurdle, we would likely have a few million dead instead of just 900k so far. And we don't even know if your hurdle will ever be met. Not that any of this matters since the vast majority of the few hundred thousand COVID suicide victims aren't waiting for your pet vaccines. They are so opposed to vaccines, based in part on the same misinformation that you propagate, that they will never take any COVID vaccine. And now their anti-COVID vaccine hysterics are spreading to previously trusted vaccines.

Your entire movement is intentionally detrimental to public health in the US and you still seem to pretend that something else is going on. You think you're the hero but you're the heel. I'm just here to point out your obvious lies and misinformation but I don't pretend that I'm making a difference. Anyone dumb enough to fall for your lies is already screwed. They're the same idiots who fell for HCQ and horse dewormer and are probably starting to drink their own urine. Next week maybe they'll just cut out the middle man and play russian roulette rather than waiting for COVID to kill them.

So, countries like the USA, who are flooded with mRNA vaccines and little other alternatives, have better death rates against covid? After all, mRNA vaccines have outperformed all comers, right?

This is one of the dumbest things you've ever posted. Despite being "flooded" with mRNA vaccines we still have thousands of unvaxxed people dying every day because they believe in the same misinformation that you are obsessed with spreading. Vaccines only work for people who take them.
Thought I would revisit this in light of all of the recent misinformation. Since 003's agenda isn't served by
following up on his baseless claims, I figured I should do it.

In November, 003 claimed that Florian Dagoury's breath holding career had been ended by a bad reaction to a
COVID vaccine. I last provided an update a few months later showing that he was on the recovery path and that 003's statement that his career was over was bogus.

For some context, the breath holding discipline that Dagoury competes in has seen 6 people in history make it
over 10 minutes, with Dagoury being the only one to do so in the last 4 years. Three weeks ago (eg just a few
months after 003 declared his career over), Dagoury, posted on IG that he was back at 9:20 and expected to be
back over 10 minutes in 1-2 months, a feat no one else in the world has accomplished in years.

I'm sure 003 will be happy to hear that his reckless assertion was incorrect. And I'm also sure that 003 would
never have provided this information of his own accord because the anti-vaxxer misinformation websites he uses
to generate his hot takes are not interested in letting people become aware that myocarditis cases really do
typically resolve with no permanent damage. Remains to be seen whether Dagoury, has suffered any permanent damage, but it would be reckless to definitively claim that he has.

[for some reason it keeps saving without taking my post. hopefully this works.]
BearForce2
Big C said:

It's almost unbelievable to me that we are still going back and forth on the vaccines.

For the past almost six months, over 1,000 Americans per day have still been dying of COVID, reaching a peak of about 2,500 in late January. Only now is it about to drop below 1,000 (7 day average).

Still!

And the vast majority of the fatalities have been unvaccinated. And yet we're still debating various silly mask mandate situations and vaccine benefits. What's not to understand here?

What debate? There is no debate, only misinformation and suppression of information. The vast majority of deaths were unvaccinated yes, but these people were also suffering from multiple comorbidities and obesity. No one talks about obesity in the public square because they can't. Meanwhile, per VAERS, there were over 21,000 reported deaths due to the vaccine in 2021 and myocarditis reports this year have already surged to to nearly half the total reported in 2021.

Big C
BearForce2 said:

Big C said:

Still!

And the vast majority of the fatalities have been unvaccinated. And yet we're still debating various silly mask mandate situations and vaccine benefits. What's not to understand here?

What debate? There is no debate, only misinformation and suppression of information. The vast majority of deaths were unvaccinated yes, but these people were also suffering from multiple comorbidities and obesity. No one talks about obesity in the public square because they can't. Meanwhile, per VAERS, there were over 21,000 reported deaths due to the vaccine in 2021 and myocarditis reports this year have already surged to to nearly half the total reported in 2021.

I have no problem talking about obesity. It can be a killer. I'd like to take this moment to thank my parents for the "thin" genes.

VAERS, lol.

Are you vaccinated (rhetorical question)? Don't you think it's unfortunate that hundreds of thousands of Americans chose to not get vaccinated and then died of COVID? All this anti-vax bs is killing Americans. It's shameful. I don't think it's any less shameful if the people were old, or fat, or had diabetes, or were immuno-compromised.

Cool I guess that the phrase "Live free or die!" has new relevancy these days.

sycasey
I don't understand the focus on obesity here. You can't really make a whole bunch of obese people thin in a year. You can get them all vaccine doses, which would probably save them from Covid death.
BearForce2
Big C said:

BearForce2 said:

Big C said:

Still!

I have no problem talking about obesity. It can be a killer. I'd like to take this moment to thank my parents for the "thin" genes.

VAERS, lol.

Are you vaccinated (rhetorical question)? Don't you think it's unfortunate that hundreds of thousands of Americans chose to not get vaccinated and then died of COVID? All this anti-vax bs is killing Americans. It's shameful. I don't think it's any less shameful if the people were old, or fat, or had diabetes, or were immuno-compromised.

Take slow, deep breadths.. You're not supposed to be "caring" about all the unvaccinated dying from Covid.
BearForce2
sycasey said:

I don't understand the focus on obesity here. You can't really make a whole bunch of obese people thin in a year. You can get them all vaccine doses, which would probably save them from Covid death.

But there is no focus on obesity here.
Big C
BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

It is a separate but related issue to vaccinations. The COVID pundits should've been talking about obesity all along. Actually, you can "make a whole bunch of obese people thin in a year". Okay, that was a flip remark, but maybe this could have been a moment of opportunity to get obese people to lose weight. Even if it had been only 10% of obese people, that would've been something.

Yes, vaccines are the best, easiest fix, but a multi-pronged approach would be even better.
Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

It's all part of an elaborate misdirection which serves a variety of nefarious purposes. For some people it's to preserve Trump's fragile narcissistic ego. For others it's purely for a conspiracy theory driven agenda. The reliance on misinformation for their core claims, while quibbling about good faith information is core to their methodology.

They pretend to be rigorous in writing off COVID deaths as not being "pure" but apply no such purity test to their garbage anti-vax claims. How many of the VAERS deaths were from thin, young, healthy people with no comorbidities? How many of the VAERS deaths were for people in other countries? How many from false reports? How many were for people 75+? How many of the VAERS deaths were actually from COVID? I search VAERS and the first three I found in my search were expressly as a result of COVID and not the vaccine - 1, 2, 3). I gave up after that but assume that it's mostly a coincidence that the first 3 were literally attributed to COVID itself and not at all the vaccine. You will never hear this from fraudulent anti-vaxxers pretending that VAERS is a 1:1 system only listing pure vaccine caused deaths, because they have no interest in objective reality.

Anyone claiming that VAERS is representative of vaccine caused deaths is a complete fraud. VAERS is a passive reporting system with no barriers which is designed to provide an early warning system that can be used to determine if there are safety problems in vaccines, and it does a good job of that. VAERS was valuable in highlighting that myocarditis was in fact a rare adverse event linked to the vaccines, but not intended to be helpful in specifically quantifying the risk. But we also know that VAERS has numerous false reports and that the data is being abused to serve an agenda not supported by actual evidence.

In short, these aren't serious people and we shouldn't pretend that their claims merit good faith discussion.

Big C
BearForce2 said:

Big C said:

BearForce2 said:

Big C said:

Still!

VAERS, lol.

Take slow, deep breadths.. You're not supposed to be "caring" about all the unvaccinated dying from Covid.

Hey, I'm a liberal: We care about everything and everybody, even those who don't even care about themselves! And I "care" with our tax dollars!
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

https://yournews.com/2022/01/08/2278667/triple-vaccinated-swiss-olympic-athlete-fabienne-schlumpf-diagnosed-with-myocarditis/

She was triple vaccinated, never infected with covid, and her career is over. She got silver at euro championships, had swiss record, and competed in marathon at the Olympics. Truly sad.
It would be helpful and more persuasive if you posted links from news sources that didn't fall in the category of "the worst news sources."

003 forgot to mention that more than 2000 Americans committed suicide by COVID today and no longer have to worry about myocarditis.

He likes to talk about careers being over to make it seem like myocarditis is the worst thing that can happen to someone. That's anti-vaxxer playbook 101.

Debate with facts, not emotional pleas. You used to argue that there was no evidence that the vaccines caused myocarditis. Then you argued that myocarditis isn't serious. Now, you argue that covid caused death is worse than this Olympic athlete's career ending vaccine injury. You are correct. Death is worse. However, nobody is arguing that it isn't. Nor am I generally arguing against getting vaccinated against covid 19.

You have no factual basis to claim that her career is over. She doesn't seem to think so but your agenda demands that you make the claim. You are beholden to your hysterics, facts be damned.

Remember a couple of months ago when you baselessly claimed Florian Dagoury's career was over? He's competing again and says he's back to normal. You don't care about facts, just about making convenient claims to further your ridiculous assault on lifesaving vaccines. You should be ashamed of yourself for continuing to spread false and misleading information. Meanwhile, thousands are now dying every day because like you they think vaccines are more dangerous than COVID. Well, they no longer have to worry about vaccines.

Links and quotes please regarding the diver and runner competing again. I have stated numerous times to you in this thread that covid is more dangerous than mRNA vaccines, even though I specifically don't trust mRNA vaccines. Please bundle up your emotions and keep it honest.
You are the one who claimed their careers were over without any basis and now you want me to inject reality?

Why don't you do your own research and check what the athletes have said rather than relying on unreliable anti-vaxxer propaganda sites?

Just point me in the direction of what you are asserting. I think you are capable of doing such. Thanks.

I made a good faith effort to find evidence of usucks' assertions that Dagoury is downplaying her myocarditis or the freediver is competing again. I could not find anything. However, I did find a tweet from another marathon runner who hasn't been able to compete for almost two years since alleged vaccine caused myocarditis.

Apparently your search skills are much stronger for misinformation than facts.

Dagoury is the free diver but I could see how you would be confused with all of the misinformation you are working with. He said this in December: "my daily and resting heart rate are now back to normal."

Schlumpf (the runner who you reported misinormation about) said this: "I hope to be back soon, chasing my dreams%85 and competitors." According to this article, "Schlumpf does not suspect a connection between myocarditis and the Covid vaccine", although that reportedly came from another newspaper so I can't say whether it's accurate or not. What I know is not accurate is your baseless and irresponsible categorical claim that her career is over.

If you spend 5 minutes looking on any search engine you would have been able to find this information. Unless the only search engine you use is limited to ant-vax misinformation, which at this point is what it's starting to feel like.

Also, lol if you believe that we should trust a person who claims they are suffering heart problems from a COVID vaccine from April 2020. You are smarter than this, when you choose to be. Maybe the person got COVID, I don't know, but I am pretty damn sure they didn't get a pfizer or moderna jab in April 2020.

1) April 2021
2) I used Google. Thank you for stopping to provide some sort of evidence for your assertions. I will check them out later.
3) I will try to find Dagoury's quote.
4) I will try to find a quote from the runner regarding not connecting the myocarditis to her vaccines.
I'm still a bit skeptical of the random tweet you posted from the guy who says he can't run any more when the picture he posted clearly shows a medal from a half marathon that happened in October 2021.

When I google Dagoury (and Schlumpf), I was able to locate their IGs which is a common way people communicate now. You can read more from them there.

This is the point in the conversation where you acknowledge that you had no reasonable basis to declare that their careers were over and that you will try not to make these sorts of misrepresentations in the future. If you want to build credibility here, than acknowledging when you are wrong is a good start. Taking minimal steps not to continually post anti-vax misinformation from obvious sketchy anti-vax websites would be even better.
Yeah, the marathon runner has a half marathon medal pictured in his group of medals from late 2021. I would be skeptical as well although I wouldn't make assumptions either way.

As for Dagoury, he appears to have partially recovered from the vaccine induced myocarditis. I found the entire quote after going to his instagram. He said his recovery is hard and it is "average." whatever that means,

I believe his goal is to get back to 10 minutes and 30 seconds + and he has kind of worked his way back to 8 minutes. He is motivated.

"Not a bad performance Very hard breath hold though, I had to push myself a lot. Unfortunately my mind wasn't clear enough to remove facial equipment, make an OK signal and say "I am Ok". I did it in the wrong order and got disqualified. The good news is that I feel the power coming back. I'm sure within the next 3 months I will be back at 9 minutes+. Heart rate during breath holds is still high and for some reason I barely have any bradycardia which stops me from relaxing deeply. My breath holds in training start with 100bpm and ends at 85bpm. When I was doing 10+ minutes static hold it was 60-30bpm. However I'm not worried because my daily and resting heart rate are now back to normal. I walk around at 60ish bpm, and sleep at 40bpm. Lots of progress have been made in this recovery journey."

As for Schlumpf, here is what she just wrote, "I still have to be careful and patient but spending time in the nature gives me so much positive energy. Thanks to all the people who wished me a speed recovery, it means a lot."

So, I will backtrack and say that Schlumpf's career as an olympic athlete is likely over as opposed to is over. Free diving is a little bit looser, but I doubt he will be able to meet his previous records. It does seem possible that both can resume normal lives (possibly without extreme exertion), despite their heart injuries.

Unsurprising response. You quibble over details after pathetically posting misinformation with no mea culpa.

Let's go through each of your responses regarding these athletes. With the random unknown runner who recently ran a half marathon you quibble by posting that he is a marathon runner who ran a half marathon. Ok bud. The mistake riddled tweet said this: "I haven't been able to run more than 5miles for chest, heart and breathing issues from suspected myocarditis" and posted a picture of a medal from a half marathon he ran 2 months ago. You shouldn't have posted it and if you had any intellectual honesty you would acknowledge it. But instead you quibble.

You say that Dagoury has "kind of worked his way back to 8 minutes" and cropped the portion of the comment you posted to remove the fact that he said he was at 8:30 in his first competition. I don't think Dagoury cares that you "doubt" he will meet his previous record (which he set a year and a half before his vaccine so he wasn't exactly peaking before his myocarditis, although honestly I don't know anything about free diving) but you of course have no problem making uninformed predictions like when you predicted that his career was over after myocarditis. You should let him know that you think it's "possible" that he can resume his normal life.

Similarly, you are making an uninformed prediction about Schlumpf because ... reasons. She recently said "I hope to be back soon, chasing my dreams... and competitors." I look forward to you directly responding to her on instagram that you think her career is over and that it's only possible she can resume her normal life.

We all know that you are doing what you are doing because myocarditis is the only problem you can even remotely hang on mRNA vaccines and your rabid agenda demands you do so. You know quite well how to dismiss unreliable information you disagree with but you will scour the internet for any random tweet claiming that the vaccine caused a person some unverified problem, even obviously flawed statements.

Why would anyone trust anything you say at this point?

Everything you are saying here is pure lawyer spin. Myocarditis, durability, and tolerabity are my main concerns with mRNA vaccines; therefore, I discuss them.
You use sleazy language about me hanging my hat on myocarditis. You treat myocarditis like it is not serious. You recite facts like most recovered after 3 days (in the hospital) to support your arguments that myocarditis is "mild.". You have constantly been wrong when questioning my durability concerns. At this point, it is pretty clear that mRNA covid vaccines lack durability. The only question exists is whether all covid vaccine technologies would do so as well. Regardless, the lack of durability absolutely changes the argument on the cost benefit of boosting. You only see it one way because you defend defend defend these vaccines despite evidence presented to you. You view real factual criticism of the vaccines as an attack by anti-vaxxers because you feel vaccines are somehow your client. Why would anyone trust what you say at this point?
I love that you think that telling the truth is "pure lawyer spin." You get caught with your pants down time and time again spreading misinformation and yet you say I use "sleazy language."

Everyone wants better vaccines. We all want the COVID pandemic to end, well those of us who recognize that it exists. You have quite obviously mounted an ideological attack against mRNA vaccines which you believe justifies any means necessary. Accordingly you continuously post information which you either know to be incorrect or you recklessly choose to disregard all indicia of unreliability.

I'm a normal person, I don't carry water or plant flags for any particular vaccine technology. I have no hill to die on. I defend the use of lifesaving vaccines because they prevent idiots from dying. More than 2,100 Americans committed suicide by COVID today, the vast majority of whom fell for the same exact misinformation that you regularly amplify on BI and presumably elsewhere.

At this point, mRNA vaccines have outperformed all comers - J&J, AZ, Sinovac, Sinopharm, etc. have all performed worse in practice and had we relied on them in the US we would have had more deaths than we already have. It's possible that the new Hotez team vaccine or that Novavax or Inovio will be proven more effective (and at least as safe or safer) but that does not justify anyone waiting to get them. Had hundreds of millions of Americans waited for whatever vaccine clears your theoretical minimum hurdle, we would likely have a few million dead instead of just 900k so far. And we don't even know if your hurdle will ever be met. Not that any of this matters since the vast majority of the few hundred thousand COVID suicide victims aren't waiting for your pet vaccines. They are so opposed to vaccines, based in part on the same misinformation that you propagate, that they will never take any COVID vaccine. And now their anti-COVID vaccine hysterics are spreading to previously trusted vaccines.

Your entire movement is intentionally detrimental to public health in the US and you still seem to pretend that something else is going on. You think you're the hero but you're the heel. I'm just here to point out your obvious lies and misinformation but I don't pretend that I'm making a difference. Anyone dumb enough to fall for your lies is already screwed. They're the same idiots who fell for HCQ and horse dewormer and are probably starting to drink their own urine. Next week maybe they'll just cut out the middle man and play russian roulette rather than waiting for COVID to kill them.

So, countries like the USA, who are flooded with mRNA vaccines and little other alternatives, have better death rates against covid? After all, mRNA vaccines have outperformed all comers, right?

This is one of the dumbest things you've ever posted. Despite being "flooded" with mRNA vaccines we still have thousands of unvaxxed people dying every day because they believe in the same misinformation that you are obsessed with spreading. Vaccines only work for people who take them.
Thought I would revisit this in light of all of the recent misinformation. Since 003's agenda isn't served by

In November, 003 claimed that Florian Dagoury's breath holding career had been ended by a bad reaction to a
COVID vaccine. I last provided an update a few months later showing that he was on the recovery path and that 003's statement that his career was over was bogus.

For some context, the breath holding discipline that Dagoury competes in has seen 6 people in history make it
over 10 minutes, with Dagoury being the only one to do so in the last 4 years. Three weeks ago (eg just a few
months after 003 declared his career over), Dagoury, posted on IG that he was back at 9:20 and expected to be
back over 10 minutes in 1-2 months, a feat no one else in the world has accomplished in years.

I'm sure 003 will be happy to hear that his reckless assertion was incorrect. And I'm also sure that 003 would
never have provided this information of his own accord because the anti-vaxxer misinformation websites he uses
to generate his hot takes are not interested in letting people become aware that myocarditis cases really do
typically resolve with no permanent damage. Remains to be seen whether Dagoury, has suffered any permanent damage, but it would be reckless to definitively claim that he has.

This is what I said.

"https://thecovidworld.com/florian-dagoury-world-record-holder-in-static-breath-hold-freediving-diagnosed-with-myopericarditis-after-pfizer-vaccine-possible-end-of-career/

Let me guess, he would have gotten covid, and it would have ended his career anyway?"

USucks, please try to maintain some honesty and integrity when attacking me. Thanks.
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

And why should there be? A focus on obesity is not an immediate route to ending the pandemic.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

This is what I said.

"https://thecovidworld.com/florian-dagoury-world-record-holder-in-static-breath-hold-freediving-diagnosed-with-myopericarditis-after-pfizer-vaccine-possible-end-of-career/

Let me guess, he would have gotten covid, and it would have ended his career anyway?"

USucks, please try to maintain some honesty and integrity when attacking me. Thanks.
Remarkable lack of self-awareness in pretending like I'm the one with an honesty and integrity problem while you are trying to gaslight us.

Everyone knows what your post means and you've had numerous opportunities to claim mea culpa and pretend that I misinterpreted it but have never done so. You've been spreading misinformation for a full year in this thread and have the gall to project your dishonesty and lack of integrity.

No one here is falling for it. We see you for who you are.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

This is what I said.

Remarkable lack of self-awareness in pretending like I'm the one with an honesty and integrity problem while you are trying to gaslight us.

Everyone knows what your post means and you've had numerous opportunities to claim mea culpa and pretend that I misinterpreted it but have never done so. You've been spreading misinformation for a full year in this thread and have the gall to project your dishonesty and lack of integrity.

You are someone who is passionate about something and ignores all data that counters your viewpoint. Because you believe you are on the right side of something, you argue with no honesty or integrity. You ignore arguments you don't like. You proudly base your VAERS conclusions on somehow randomly finding three false reports and completely discredit the U.S. vaccine side effect reporting system. You twist the arguments of others, paint them in a negative light that distorts them into a picture worse than they are, and hardly ever admit when you are wrong. You somehow twist Florian's case, where he was injured by an mRNA vaccine (permanent effects on career yet to be seen), into some sort of evidence that I lied. You are the liar. You also are so stubborn that you can't even apparently use logic to admit that a vaccinated person can get myocarditis from covid 19.

Paraphrased example of how under-handed you are:
Me: Politico and Reuters are biased media.
You: Why are you mentioning Politico. I have never mentioned politico you conspiracy theorist.
Me: Quotes your post from a few months ago where you link a Politico article bashing a rival vaccine to Pfizer.
You: You are still butthurt over a Politico article from October. Can you point me to your den of conspiracy info?

Seriously Unit2? I get that the allowed vaccines have been generally great for getting us out of the pandemic. Heck, I am getting boosted soon because it has been a year, and I fear another wave. Your attacks on me and twisting arguments will not discourage me from posting factual information about mRNA covid vaccines.

oski003
oski003
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

This is what I said.

You are someone who is passionate about something and ignores all data that counters your viewpoint. Because you believe you are on the right side of something, you argue with no honesty or integrity. You ignore arguments you don't like. You proudly base your VAERS conclusions on somehow randomly finding three false reports and completely discredit the U.S. vaccine side effect reporting system. You twist the arguments of others, paint them in a negative light that distorts them into a picture worse than they are, and hardly ever admit when you are wrong. You somehow twist Florian's case, where he was injured by an mRNA vaccine (permanent effects on career yet to be seen), into some sort of evidence that I lied. You are the liar. You also are so stubborn that you can't even apparently use logic to admit that a vaccinated person can get myocarditis from covid 19.

You: Why are you mentioning Politico. I have never mentioned politico you conspiracy theorist.
Me: Quotes your post from a few months ago where you link a Politico article bashing a rival vaccine to Pfizer.
You: You are still butthurt over a Politico article from October. Can you point me to your den of conspiracy info?

Seriously Unit2? I get that the allowed vaccines have been generally great for getting us out of the pandemic. Heck, I am getting boosted soon because it has been a year, and I fear another wave. Your attacks on me and twisting arguments will not discourage me from posting factual information about mRNA covid vaccines.

LOL this is all complete garbage and you know it.

Let's break it down:
1. VAERS - you regularly misrepresent VAERS and claim with no context that thousands of people have died from vaccines according to VAERS. You know that VAERS does not support that sort of analysis. Nowhere have I said that the three reports I found discredit every single report in VAERS. What they clearly show is that anyone who is pretending that VAERS can be used to support an argument that "There are 1000s of vaccine related deaths in VAERS" is either an idiot or being disingenuous, and possibly both. To be clear, VAERS is working as intended but people like you are abusing it to support an illegitimate misinformation campaign. You've claimed more than 11k deaths at one point and only begrudgingly admitted that it included foreign reports.

I'll give you a chance to clear the air. How many Americans do you think have died as a result of mRNA COVID vaccines? What are you basing that on? How useful do you think reports of deaths in VAERS are in making your determination? Do you believe 20,000+ Americans have died, as some idiots have claimed VAERS supports? How many Americans do you think have been saved by mRNA vaccines? This is your chance to set the record straight. No need to obfuscate or obscure - tell us what you really think and have some conviction. I have no interest in twisting your words or in arguing about semantics so please speak plainly. I have been very clear about what I think and no one else has had any trouble understanding me.

2. Florian Dagoury - without any reasonable basis you were happy to support a claim that his career ended because he took an mRNA vaccine. It is quite clear that his breath holding career is not over - he is still competing and he believes he will soon be back above 10 minutes, a feat no one else has managed in the last 4 years. You are still disingenuously claiming that you both didn't say his career had been ended by a vaccine and that "permanent effects on career are yet to be seen". This is the type of disingenuous gaslighting that everyone sees you for. You also recently claimed some random twitter anti-vaxxer amateur runner had been damaged by the vaccine and that a German pro runner's "career is over." You are more than happy to make these types of claims without following up and then saying "remains to be seen." You love to insinuate things to support your agenda. It's disingenuous and you know it.

3. Politico. This is the funniest one. I posted an article from Reuters about Novavax vaccine uptake in europe over the past few weeks. You shared your idiotic conspiracy theory about Reuters and attacked Politico, which was a complete non sequitur. I called you out for randomly bringing Politico into it, not realizing that somehow Politico is included in your idiotic conspiracy theory and you point to a previous article I posted from Politico from 6 months ago.

You. aren't. fooling. anyone.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

This is what I said.

LOL this is all complete garbage and you know it.

Let's break it down:
1. VAERS - you regularly misrepresent VAERS and claim with no context that thousands of people have died from vaccines according to VAERS. You know that VAERS does not support that sort of analysis. Nowhere have I said that the three reports I found discredit every single report in VAERS. What they clearly show is that anyone who is pretending that VAERS can be used to support an argument that "There are 1000s of vaccine related deaths in VAERS" is either an idiot or being disingenuous, and possibly both. To be clear, VAERS is working as intended but people like you are abusing it to support an illegitimate misinformation campaign. You've claimed more than 11k deaths at one point and only begrudgingly admitted that it included foreign reports.

I'll give you a chance to clear the air. How many Americans do you think have died as a result of mRNA COVID vaccines? What are you basing that on? How useful do you think reports of deaths in VAERS are in making your determination? Do you believe 20,000+ Americans have died, as some idiots have claimed VAERS supports? How many Americans do you think have been saved by mRNA vaccines? This is your chance to set the record straight. No need to obfuscate or obscure - tell us what you really think and have some conviction. I have no interest in twisting your words or in arguing about semantics so please speak plainly. I have been very clear about what I think and no one else has had any trouble understanding me.

2. Florian Dagoury - without any reasonable basis you were happy to support a claim that his career ended because he took an mRNA vaccine. It is quite clear that his breath holding career is not over - he is still competing and he believes he will soon be back above 10 minutes, a feat no one else has managed in the last 4 years. You are still disingenuously claiming that you both didn't say his career had been ended by a vaccine and that "permanent effects on career are yet to be seen". This is the type of disingenuous gaslighting that everyone sees you for. You also recently claimed some random twitter anti-vaxxer amateur runner had been damaged by the vaccine and that a German pro runner's "career is over." You are more than happy to make these types of claims without following up and then saying "remains to be seen." You love to insinuate things to support your agenda. It's disingenuous and you know it.

3. Politico. This is the funniest one. I posted an article from Reuters about Novavax vaccine uptake in europe over the past few weeks. You shared your idiotic conspiracy theory about Reuters and attacked Politico, which was a complete non sequitur. I called you out for randomly bringing Politico into it, not realizing that somehow Politico is included in your idiotic conspiracy theory and you point to a previous article I posted from Politico from 6 months ago.

You. aren't. fooling. anyone.

1) Watch Dr. Campbell's video. Buried in Pfizer's forced data release is tracking of deaths from just Pfizer vaccines post EUA and pre BLA. It is over 1,000 deaths.

2) The only foreign reports I believe are in there are legitimate reports from the MHRA, UK's health agency, while they were tracking EUA data.

Florian Dagoury - without any reasonable basis you were happy to support a claim that his career ended because he took an mRNA vaccine. It is quite clear that his breath holding career is not over - he is still competing and he believes he will soon be back above 10 minutes, a feat no one else has managed in the last 4 years. You are still disingenuously claiming that you both didn't say his career had been ended by a vaccine and that "permanent effects on career are yet to be seen". This is the type of disingenuous gaslighting that everyone sees you for. You also recently claimed some random twitter anti-vaxxer amateur runner had been damaged by the vaccine and that a German pro runner's "career is over." You are more than happy to make these types of claims without following up and then saying "remains to be seen." You love to insinuate things to support your agenda. It's disingenuous and you know it.

1) At the time of this argument, you were making arguments that people with vaccine caused myocarditis would have been damaged by covid anyway and downplaying the risks. That is the source of my comment. He might get back to 10m minute record levels, just like a pitcher with Tommy-John surgery might throw a 100 mph fastball again after getting back up to the 90's.

1) You are making a huge deal out of my posting of Politico and Reuters as mouthpieces for Pfizer. You are naive. There are absolutely people at Pfizer working to maintain their annual 37 billion dollars in covid vaccine sales. The media plays a large role in this.
Unit2Sucks
And you lecture me about honesty and integrity smh.
bearister
"One person wearing a mask reduces the likelihood of getting COVID by about 50%, says Leonard J. Marcus, director of the Aviation Public Health Initiative at Harvard University." Axios

But asking a nation to continue masking up on public transportation is a bridge too far when millions of Americans have the emotional maturity of a 5 year old ……not to mention the intellect of one for voting for the tub of guys that politicized masks in the first place.
MinotStateBeav
bearister said:

"One person wearing a mask reduces the likelihood of getting COVID by about 50%, says Leonard J. Marcus, director of the Aviation Public Health Initiative at Harvard University." Axios

But asking a nation to continue masking up on public transportation is a bridge too far when millions of Americans have the emotional maturity of a 5 year old ……not to mention the intellect of one for voting for the tub of guys that politicized masks in the first place.
Nobody is stopping you from wearing your face diaper.
BearForce2

American legend
calpoly
MinotStateBeav said:

bearister said:

Nobody is stopping you from wearing your face diaper.
Nobody is stopping you from acting like a jacka$$ either.
bearister
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas hospitalized with an infection

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/21/supreme-court-justice-clarence-thomas-hospitalized-with-an-infection.html

*In the last 2 years, I have not met one person that has had the flu but 30 that have had Covid…..but RWNJs can't admit they have Covid because tRump politicized the Pandemic. Methinks that the Koch Brothers Justice has the taint but can't admit it.
oski003
https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/20/health/johnson-and-johnson-covid-19-vaccine/index.html

We're back at debating CD8 will offer longer lasting immunity . j&J and AZN have better CD8 data than Pfizer and Moderna

I believe the 76% touted was their result against original strand vs 95% of mRNA.
I think the article sounds pretty fair. More breakthrough of J&J during delta vs mRNA but with omicron, all vaccines are trash in-term preventing infection. Now they are comparing protection hospitalization, which J&J is holding up well comparing to mRNA.
blungld
oski003 said:

1) Watch Dr. Campbell's video. Buried in Pfizer's forced data release is tracking of deaths from just Pfizer vaccines post EUA and pre BLA. It is over 1,000 deaths.

2) The only foreign reports I believe are in there are legitimate reports from the MHRA, UK's health agency, while they were tracking EUA data.

Florian Dagoury - without any reasonable basis you were happy to support a claim that his career ended because he took an mRNA vaccine. It is quite clear that his breath holding career is not over - he is still competing and he believes he will soon be back above 10 minutes, a feat no one else has managed in the last 4 years. You are still disingenuously claiming that you both didn't say his career had been ended by a vaccine and that "permanent effects on career are yet to be seen". This is the type of disingenuous gaslighting that everyone sees you for. You also recently claimed some random twitter anti-vaxxer amateur runner had been damaged by the vaccine and that a German pro runner's "career is over." You are more than happy to make these types of claims without following up and then saying "remains to be seen." You love to insinuate things to support your agenda. It's disingenuous and you know it.

1) At the time of this argument, you were making arguments that people with vaccine caused myocarditis would have been damaged by covid anyway and downplaying the risks. That is the source of my comment. He might get back to 10m minute record levels, just like a pitcher with Tommy-John surgery might throw a 100 mph fastball again after getting back up to the 90's.

1) You are making a huge deal out of my posting of Politico and Reuters as mouthpieces for Pfizer. You are naive. There are absolutely people at Pfizer working to maintain their annual 37 billion dollars in covid vaccine sales. The media plays a large role in this.
You didn't really respond to what he asked. I thought they were good questions. Can you answer simply and directly to his core question? Don't state what others think or point to some other data, the question is what do YOU think--what is your actual position?

QUESTION: How many people people do YOU think the vaccine has killed, and how many people do YOU think have been vaccinated, and how many people's lives do YOU think have been saved by the vaccine? Can you just give us the straight numbers as YOU think they currently stand? It would be pretty simple to do a crude risk assessment using your numbers, and then we would know why you think the vaccine is so dangerous and why you continue to post so many cautionary warnings. Again, just give us YOUR best estimate of the three numbers. Thanks.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
BearForce2

Governor Newsom killed thousands of California small businesses in the last two years.
First Page Last Page
Page 62 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.