Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

356,774 Views | 4606 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by bearister
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

bearister said:

COVID on the rise, overwhelmingly among the unvaccinated - Axios

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-cases-deaths-infections-vaccines-abbce96a-3e31-459e-a09f-41d88bb0f749.html

US is almost all mRNA vax. UK is AZN and MRNA.

Both countries have similar vax rates.

only 3% of reported covid hospitalizations in USA are vaxed.

50% of reported covid hospitalizations in UK are vaxed.

What explains this disparity? Government disinformation, bad luck, or vaccine quality? Or all three?

Other possibilities include crowds gathering at soccer matches or simply just being exposed to the Delta variant first.

Would be interesting to see age cohorts. The vast majority of people over 60 in the UK are vaccinated (something like 90 or 95%) and we know that the vaccines provide less protection for seniors. It's possible that the hospitalized are primarily younger unvaccinated people and older vaccinated people. Aggregate information without context can obscure what's really going on.

With the rise of Delta, it wouldn't be a bad idea for people with weaker immune systems to take additional precautions.
sycasey
oski003 said:

bearister said:

COVID on the rise, overwhelmingly among the unvaccinated - Axios

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-cases-deaths-infections-vaccines-abbce96a-3e31-459e-a09f-41d88bb0f749.html

US is almost all mRNA vax. UK is AZN and MRNA.

Both countries have similar vax rates.

only 3% of reported covid hospitalizations in USA are vaxed.

50% of reported covid hospitalizations in UK are vaxed.

What explains this disparity? Government disinformation, bad luck, or vaccine quality? Or all three?

Other possibilities include crowds gathering at soccer matches or simply just being exposed to the Delta variant first.

BearForce2

Get jabbed.
Get imbedded next.
You must, or else.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Big C
BearForce2 said:

Get jabbed.
Get imbedded next.
You must, or else.

Since I got the Pfizer/5G vaccine, I no longer need to pay for cellular or wifi! Have they thought about playing up this angle to the vaccine-hesitant?
BearForce2
Big C said:

Since I got the Pfizer/5G vaccine, I no longer need to pay for cellular or wifi! Have they thought about playing up this angle to the vaccine-hesitant?
You are ahead of the curve, consider yourself lucky. Just remember to protect yourself from cyber intrusions.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
oski003
FYI, 10 minutes of putting your cell phone up to your head a day doubles your chance of getting brain cancer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ktvu.com/news/new-uc-berkeley-study-draws-strong-link-between-cell-phone-use-and-cancer.amp
dimitrig
BearForce2 said:

dimitrig said:

helltopay1 said:

Hate to post this but.....just saw panel of Dr's discussing the vaccines ( mostly moderna) According to one Dr. , who is treating vaccinated patients, that , because of inevitable clotting in the lungs, folks will die within 3 years...(Nothing can be done at this point)

Takeaway....Get your affairs in order..

Which Fox News program was that?

Here's the video I think helltopay is referring to.

Ah. A far right quack. What a surprise!

Doctor says mRNA vaccines "will kill most people" through heart failure

oski003
Gupta says if you got the one shot JnJ, you should boost.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.king5.com/amp/article/news/health/coronavirus/vaccine/johnson-and-johnson-covid-19-vaccine-booster-shot-questions/281-998f1edb-9604-4c26-8325-b529f4014efe

Israel reports that Delta is kicking mrna's butt and needs boosting.
https://www.ynetnews.com/health_science/article/bytq34n0u

"Preliminary data from an analysis conducted by the Health Ministry shows 42% decrease in vaccine protection from infections and up to 60% from severe illness among vaccinated"

Fauci FDA and CDC concluded after their closed door, private meeting with 225 billion dollar corporation Pfizer that data does not indicate boosters are needed at this time. The data will be published some time in the future!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/10/covid-booster-shot-pfizer/?s=07#click=https://t.co/q7iN7A97fj

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/10/covid-booster-shot-pfizer/?s=07#click=https://t.co/q7iN7A97fj
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

"Preliminary data from an analysis conducted by the Health Ministry shows 42% decrease in vaccine protection from infections and up to 60% from severe illness among vaccinated"
You've moved on from fear-mongering over side effects to efficacy.

Here's what's also true in Israel:

Quote:

Just one serious COVID patient in Israel is both vaccinated and under 60 TV

Report indicates more than 60% of those hospitalized with coronavirus are fully vaccinated, but almost all are over age 60

Even if the vaccine is equally effective among all age groups we know that seniors are more likely to be hospitalized, and given the degree to which seniors are vaccinated, this isn't much surprise. We need to evaluate the cohort age data to determine the effectiveness of the vaccine.

Even the report you cited said that Israel is recommending the booster only to those over 65.

What we know is that the pandemic isn't over and it's too soon to declare victory, particularly as there are far too many unvaccinated people continuing to freely spread Delta. Unfortunately it appears we missed the opportunity to get to herd immunity by vaccine and the barrier with Delta is too high. Even in SF which has a high degree of vaccination (75%), we've seen an 850% rise in cases over the last month or so. If younger vaccinated people start showing up in the hospital, boosters may be the only option since our country is opposed to masking and social distancing and is just generally over taking reasonable precautions.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

You've moved on from fear-mongering over side effects to efficacy.

Here's what's also true in Israel:

Quote:

Just one serious COVID patient in Israel is both vaccinated and under 60 TV

Report indicates more than 60% of those hospitalized with coronavirus are fully vaccinated, but almost all are over age 60

Even if the vaccine is equally effective among all age groups we know that seniors are more likely to be hospitalized, and given the degree to which seniors are vaccinated, this isn't much surprise. We need to evaluate the cohort age data to determine the effectiveness of the vaccine.

Even the report you cited said that Israel is recommending the booster only to those over 65.

What we know is that the pandemic isn't over and it's too soon to declare victory, particularly as there are far too many unvaccinated people continuing to freely spread Delta. Unfortunately it appears we missed the opportunity to get to herd immunity by vaccine and the barrier with Delta is too high. Even in SF which has a high degree of vaccination (75%), we've seen an 850% rise in cases over the last month or so. If younger vaccinated people start showing up in the hospital, boosters may be the only option since our country is opposed to masking and social distancing and is just generally over taking reasonable precautions.

Actually, I am just being a realist. The mRNA vaccines are about as effective as they get. The half life of the mRNA nabs is about 2 months. They still prevent severe disease but here immunity is currently a pipe dream.

The issue is the boosting. My point is still on vaccine safety. When the U.S. is done trying to get people to take their first and second doses, the boosting will begin. Will they have safer boosting vaccines available?
Unit2Sucks
when people listen to the anti-vaccine fear-mongering and don't get vaccinated ...

Quote:

Dr. Brytney Cobia said Monday that all but one of her COVID patients in Alabama did not receive the vaccine. The vaccinated patient, she said, just needed a little oxygen and is expected to fully recover. Some of the others are dying.

"I'm admitting young healthy people to the hospital with very serious COVID infections," wrote Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, in an emotional Facebook post Sunday. "One of the last things they do before they're intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I'm sorry, but it's too late."

Three COVID-19 vaccines have been widely available in Alabama for months now, yet the state is last in the nation in vaccination rate, with only 33.7 percent of the population fully vaccinated. COVID-19 case numbers and hospitalizations are surging yet again due to the more contagious Delta variant of the virus and Alabama's low vaccination rate.

bearister

Clapton is God, and he is one of my favorites, but after Cream and Derek and the Dominos, he should have poured gas on himself and flicked the Bic.

*I saw him at the Cow Palace in the summer of 1974 on his comeback tour from heroin addiction which supported his 461 Ocean Boulevard album. Takeaway: he shouldn't have quit smack. I knew he was done right there. Concert sucked.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Sebastabear
dimitrig said:

BearForce2 said:

dimitrig said:

helltopay1 said:

Hate to post this but.....just saw panel of Dr's discussing the vaccines ( mostly moderna) According to one Dr. , who is treating vaccinated patients, that , because of inevitable clotting in the lungs, folks will die within 3 years...(Nothing can be done at this point)

Thanks for the link. Wondering if anyone actually read the drivel this "doctor" is spouting? Here's one of the gems.

Quote:

We now know that only 25 percent of the 'vaccine' injected into a person's arm actually stays in your arm," Dr. Hoffe explains one his blog.

"The other 75 percent is collected by your lymphatic system and literally fed into your circulation . . .
Oh no. Wait a vaccine that is injected in my arm doesn't just stay in my arm? How will I ever be protected against the arm flu or arm measles? This is an outrage. Who could have guessed that a vaccine placed into your blood would be "literally fed into your circulation system"?

This is why I like to get my news from sources like "random nut ranting on the internet." You just can't get these insights from peer reviewed medical journals or the main stream media.
oski003
Sebastabear said:

dimitrig said:

BearForce2 said:

dimitrig said:

helltopay1 said:

Thanks for the link. Wondering if anyone actually read the drivel this "doctor" is spouting? Here's one of the gems.

Quote:

We now know that only 25 percent of the 'vaccine' injected into a person's arm actually stays in your arm," Dr. Hoffe explains one his blog.

"The other 75 percent is collected by your lymphatic system and literally fed into your circulation . . .
Oh no. Wait a vaccine that is injected in my arm doesn't just stay in my arm? How will I ever be protected against the arm flu or arm measles? This is an outrage. Who could have guessed that a vaccine placed into your blood would be "literally fed into your circulation system"?

This is why I like to get my news from sources like "random nut ranting on the internet." You just can't get these insights from peer reviewed medical journals or the main stream media.

A good read. You want it to stay localized whereas the actual virus does not.

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2021/05/04/spike-protein-behavior

Also,this article praises mRNA but also expresses issues and a positive of the mrna traveling all the way to the liver and questions regarding tolerance to boosting.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/02/05/1017366/messenger-rna-vaccines-covid-hiv/amp/
oski003
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31864185/deandre-hopkins-players-react-nfl-vaccine-memo-questions-future-nfl

Hopkins' now-deleted tweet read: "Never thought I would say this, But being in a position to hurt my team because I don't want to partake in the vaccine is making me question my future in the @nfl." After deleting his initial tweet, he tweeted: "Freedom?"

Hopkins responded to Ramsey's tweets by tweeting that his girlfriend's brother, who's in the military, started having heart issues after receiving the vaccine. He later deleted that tweet.
Unit2Sucks
Another tragic death from someone who bought the anti-vax rhetoric.

Quote:

Stephen Harmon, a member of the Hillsong megachurch, had been a vocal opponent of vaccines, making a series of jokes about not having the vaccine.

"Got 99 problems but a vax ain't one," the 34-year-old tweeted to his 7,000 followers in June.
He was treated for pneumonia and Covid-19 in a hospital outside Los Angeles, where he died on Wednesday.

In the days leading up to his death, Mr Harmon documented his fight to stay alive, posting pictures of himself in his hospital bed.

"Please pray y'all, they really want to intubate me and put me on a ventilator," he said.
In his final tweet on Wednesday, Mr Harmon said he had decided to go under intubation.

"Don't know when I'll wake up, please pray," he wrote.

Despite his struggle with the virus, Mr Harmon still said he would reject being jabbed, saying his religious faith would protect him.

Prior to his death, had joked about the pandemic and vaccines, sharing memes saying he trusted the Bible over top US disease expert Dr Anthony Fauci.

bearister
AunBear89
bearister said:

Culling the herd.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearNIt
bearister said:

Clapton is God, and he is one of my favorites, but after Cream and Derek and the Dominos, he should have poured gas on himself and flicked the Bic.

*I saw him at the Cow Palace in the summer of 1974 on his comeback tour from heroin addiction which supported his 461 Ocean Boulevard album. Takeaway: he shouldn't have quit smack. I knew he was done right there. Concert sucked.
Is Clapton really known for making great decisions?
bearister
Chris Christie on convincing people to get vaccinated:

"What they don't want is to be indoctrinated they're willing to be vaccinated," the former New Jersey governor said. "And so let's be smart about this."

"I think that one of the places where our leaders have fallen down is they're not explaining it," Christie added. "They're just saying: Get vaccinated. ... [T]hese folks do not respond to being ordered to do those things."

Christie said he had a "very smart guy" visit him who said: "I don't want the government telling me what I have to do."

"It's a libertarian type of response," Christie said. "I sat with this guy and I walked him through the facts, and then he said: 'OK, I'm going to go get vaccinated.' That's what we need to be doing." Axios

So massive media coverage of people ending up in ICUs and dying in vax reluctant Southern states doesn't convince people to get vaccinated but good ole Chris " 'splain'in the facts" will seal the deal?

Well, come to think of it, he persuaded Bridget Anne Kelly to take a bullet for him and go to jail for the Bridgegate fiasco, so I suppose convincing the vax reluctant is a no brainer for him in comparison.

Anarchistbear
BearNIt said:

bearister said:

Junkies are fearful of putting foreign substances in their bodies
oski003
Anarchistbear said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

He has been sober for 20 years. He had a terrible reaction to the covid vaccine and felt lied to by health authorities about covid 19 vaccine safety. Not surprising he is being attacked here by "well-meaning" individuals who are either ignorant of his reasons or simply choosing to post slanted partial information.

"I took the first jab of AZ and straight away had severe reactions which lasted ten days. I recovered eventually and was told it would be twelve weeks before the second one," Clapton wrote.

"About six weeks later I was offered and took the second AZ shot, but with a little more knowledge of the dangers. Needless to say the reactions were disastrous, my hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks, I feared I would never play again, (I suffer with peripheral neuropathy and should never have gone near the needle.) But the propaganda said the vaccine was safe for everyone"
Anarchistbear
oski003 said:

Anarchistbear said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

He has been sober for 20 years. He had a terrible reaction to the covid vaccine and felt lied to by health authorities about covid 19 vaccine safety. Not surprising he is being attacked here by "well-meaning" individuals who are either ignorant of his reasons or simply choosing to post slanted partial information.

"I took the first jab of AZ and straight away had severe reactions which lasted ten days. I recovered eventually and was told it would be twelve weeks before the second one," Clapton wrote.

"About six weeks later I was offered and took the second AZ shot, but with a little more knowledge of the dangers. Needless to say the reactions were disastrous, my hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks, I feared I would never play again, (I suffer with peripheral neuropathy and should never have gone near the needle.) But the propaganda said the vaccine was safe for everyone"

I appreciate the background but the irony here is that he, a protected individual, is putting his unprotected fans at risk for the sake of his own reaction which is improbable for his fans taking the vaccine
oski003
Anarchistbear said:

oski003 said:

Anarchistbear said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

I appreciate the background but the irony here is that he, a protected individual, is putting his unprotected fans at risk for the sake of his own reaction which is improbable for his fans taking the vaccine

It is not that unlikely to have scary side effects from the eua covid vaccines.

For example, Moderna:
Grade 1 or 2 Fatigue: 55%.
GRADE 3 or 4 FATIGUE: 10%.
Grade 1 or 2 Headache: 54%.
GRADE 3 or 4 Headache: 5%.
Grade 1 or 2 Muscle Pain: 45%.
GRADE 3 or 4 Muscle Pain: 13%.
Grade 1 or 2 Joint Pain: 55%.
GRADE 3 or 4 Joint Pain: 10%.
Grade 1 or 2 Chills: 40%.
GRADE 3 or 4 Chills: 4%.
Grade 1 or 2 Vomiting: 19%.
GRADE 3 or 4 Vomiting: 0%.
Grade 1 or 2 Fever: 13%.
GRADE 3 or 4 Fever: 3%.

oski003
With that being said, it would be prudent to ban him from all indoor venues and require masks, spacing, and less than full crowds at outdoor venues. We can use logic here instead of an emotional defense of the EUA vaccines against anyone who doesn't love them.
bearister
Anarchistbear said:

oski003 said:

Anarchistbear said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

Not to mention that Clapton is teamed up in this misguided cause with someone who, although extremely talented, is universally acknowledged as one of the biggest pr@icks that ever lived: Van Morrison.
Anarchistbear
oski003 said:

Anarchistbear said:

oski003 said:

Anarchistbear said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

For example, Moderna:

Clapton's reactions - frozen, numb non use of extremities for weeks are not normal side reactions and most likely related to his personal history
oski003
Anarchistbear said:

oski003 said:

Anarchistbear said:

oski003 said:

Anarchistbear said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

For example, Moderna:

Clapton's reactions - frozen, numb non use of extremities for weeks are not normal side reactions and most likely related to his personal history

Yeah, I imagine his SPECIFIC reaction is likely rare and also unsolicited in their trial. They did halt the AZN trial for nerve issues though. They also halted the JnJ trial but did not publicly reveal the reason. It is rational for him to distrust the health authorities for failure to honestly disclose potential side effects of the vaccine he took.
bearister
Both performers in question hit home runs at The Last Waltz, Winterland, 11/25/76:

Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Anarchistbear said:

oski003 said:

Anarchistbear said:

oski003 said:

Anarchistbear said:

BearNIt said:

bearister said:

For example, Moderna:

Yeah, I imagine his SPECIFIC reaction is likely rare and also unsolicited in their trial. They did halt the AZN trial for nerve issues though. They also halted the JnJ trial but did not publicly reveal the reason. It is rational for him to distrust the health authorities for failure to honestly disclose potential side effects of the vaccine he took.
Clapton is having an emotional response, like many anti-vaccine advocates. It would be rational to understand the dangers that COVID poses to his audience - particularly given the age cohort of the crowd likely to be attending a performance by rockers who were popular 60 years ago.

Rational people would understand that their extremely rare reaction to a vaccine isn't a reason to prevent the reasonable administration of public health initiatives. Rational people would also query if they had such a poor response to the vaccine, whether they might have an even worse reaction to COVID itself.

I agree with your prior response - the "rational" course of action if he wanted to be able to perform for unvaccinated fans would be for him not to perform indoors and to require reasonable NPIs for outdoor performances. Of course, if his response had been rational rather than emotional, this would have been obvious.
BearForce2

bearister
VA will be the first federal agency to require COVID vaccines for employees - Axios

https://www.axios.com/va-veterans-affairs-vaccine-mandate-d5f892e2-70e1-4ec9-92d6-c003d520c0cd.html
BearForce2
bearister said:

VA will be the first federal agency to require COVID vaccines for employees - Axios

https://www.axios.com/va-veterans-affairs-vaccine-mandate-d5f892e2-70e1-4ec9-92d6-c003d520c0cd.html

150,000 employees.
sycasey
Every hospital should require their employees be vaccinated. Schools too. These rules already exist for other diseases.
dimitrig
sycasey said:

Every hospital should require their employees be vaccinated. Schools too. These rules already exist for other diseases.

True, but those other diseases are not prevented by a new type of vaccine that didn't undergo proper clinical trials.

First Page Last Page
Page 19 of 132

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.