Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

37,785 Views | 1320 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by bearister
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FDA response to countries' Moderna bans:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/fda-responds-nordic-countries-suspending-moderna-covid-vaccine-usage
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Former Atlanta Hawks guard Brandon Goodwin claims COVID-19 vaccine ended his season

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2021/10/3/22706769/former-atlanta-hawks-guard-brandon-goodwin-claims-covid-19-vaccine-ended-his-season

This isn't newsworthy? Why is this news only posted on obscure sites? The top stories on ESPN basketball right now include JR Smith getting harassed by bees while playing golf, Clippers reserve Mann getting an extension, and Grizzlies reserve Brooks breaking his hand.
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The news story is not so much that an NBA player believes that the covid vaccine is jeopardized his career.

The news story is that the media is purposely not reporting it.
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

The news story is not so much that an NBA player believes that the covid vaccine is jeopardizing his career.

The news story is that the media is purposely not reporting it.
What makes you think he believes his career is in jeopardy?

From your article:
Quote:

"I'll be back on somebody's team soon," Goodwin said. "I don't really know who yet."

He did confirm the Boston Celtics, a franchise he recently worked out with, and Golden State Warriors, a team he declined to sign with, weren't in the running for his services.

He's a borderline NBA player who it appears may have suffered minor blood clots from the J&J vaccine. Doesn't sound like he's having any issues and he declined a chance to sign with the Warriors.

Some players, like Jayson Tatum, still complained of lingering symptoms months after "recovering" from COVID. One player lost 20 lbs and wondered if he would ever be able to play again. COVID is no joke either.

https://www.truehoop.com/p/some-nba-players-feel-covid-effects

Not sure that outside of anti vac circles the Goodwin story is that meaningful. He seems to be fine now. If he had gone for Pfizer, he most likely wouldn't have had any problems whatsoever but he went with J&J like many players.
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"The point guard then said someone from the Hawks organization called him while he was in the hospital to let him know a press release announcing his condition was on the horizon.

"'We're going to tell the press that your season's over with,'" Goodwin recalled. "I'm like, 'Damn. How? Like I don't even, we don't even know what it is.' But it's whatever. I'm not even going to get into all that, bruh. I still got love for the Hawks. Mad love for the Hawks."

Goodwin also said he knew he would have had an impact on the team if he was still available to play down the stretch. In his two seasons with Atlanta, Goodwin averaged 5.5 points in 13 minutes per game through 81 games. Goodwin earned a full season contract with the Hawks for 2020-21 after breakout performances in the previous season, including a 19-point fourth quarter in a 102-95 comeback win over the Los Angeles Clippers on Jan. 22, 2020.

"It would have been way different," Goodwin said. "We needed somebody to get in the paint, make some plays.

"I don't know where I'm playing at this year. I'm not going to lie to y'all, I don't know. (The Hawks) were just like, 'Don't say anything about it, don't tell anybody. I'm like, 'Bruh, what?'"

This is news worthy. I assume it's JnJ as well. Yes, most athletes got JnJ because it was one shot and there weren't publicized side effects.
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Note that ESPN will report that players feel covid lingering effects, as you posted above

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30912183/boston-celtics-jayson-tatum-says-feeling-effects-covid-19%3fplatform=amp

but won't report that a player's season was cut short by the vaccine or, alternatively, that they weren't informed of this at the time because the Hawks hid that a player's season was cut short by the vaccine and remains unsigned.
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Let's hear it for Brooklyn's GM, former Golden Bear Sean "Kiwi" Marks, for kicking Kyrie "Flat Earth" Irving to the curb!
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

Note that ESPN will report that players feel covid lingering effects, as you posted above

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30912183/boston-celtics-jayson-tatum-says-feeling-effects-covid-19%3fplatform=amp

but won't report that a player's season was cut short by the vaccine or, alternatively, that they weren't informed of this at the time because the Hawks hid that a player's season was cut short by the vaccine and remains unsigned.
You are being disingenuous here. He's unsigned by choice - hence the report that he declined to sign with the dubs. And his season was "cut short" because his condition was at the end of the season. I feel bad for the kid that he missed a chance to ball in the playoffs but there is no indication that this was anything other than a temporary condition that came at the wrong time and ended his season. He isn't complaining of any lingering effects and there is no reason to believe he isn't 100% recovered. The reason this isn't big news is because he's a borderline NBA player who has been on the bubble his entire career. If he were a star this would have gotten plenty of coverage.
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Note that ESPN will report that players feel covid lingering effects, as you posted above

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30912183/boston-celtics-jayson-tatum-says-feeling-effects-covid-19%3fplatform=amp

but won't report that a player's season was cut short by the vaccine or, alternatively, that they weren't informed of this at the time because the Hawks hid that a player's season was cut short by the vaccine and remains unsigned.
You are being disingenuous here. He's unsigned by choice - hence the report that he declined to sign with the dubs. And his season was "cut short" because his condition was at the end of the season. I feel bad for the kid that he missed a chance to ball in the playoffs but there is no indication that this was anything other than a temporary condition that came at the wrong time and ended his season. He isn't complaining of any lingering effects and there is no reason to believe he isn't 100% recovered. The reason this isn't big news is because he's a borderline NBA player who has been on the bubble his entire career. If he were a star this would have gotten plenty of coverage.


What contract did the Warriors offer him? A G league deal? The league was quiet about what ended his season.

And to add insult to injury, somebody from the Hawks organization contacted Goodwin while he was still recuperating in the hospital. The point guard did not reveal who the person was or his connection to the team.

"He was told to keep quiet, or else a press release would announce his season had "abruptly" ended. "Don't say anything about it, don't tell anybody," the person said."

The national media did not report on it originally and refuses to report on it now. If it were a star player, it may have broken the news embargo regarding the vaccine aspects. It might not have.

Was this college golfer always a dangerous anti-vaxer?

https://theegg.house/promising-young-golfer-john-stokes-develops-cardiovascular-disease-after-getting-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-offered-a-bribe-to-keep-quiet/

It is hard to tell. Reporting on these stories is taboo in mainstream media. After all, it took other countries to pressure the US to admit that myocarditis was an issue and actually advise doctors to look for a vaccine link to chest issues. Other countries administering a fraction of the vaccines were way ahead of the U.S.

By the way, the story on the JR Smith, a decent NBA player who never made the all star team and hasn't been good in 5+ years, encountering bees while playing college golf is now ESPN basketball front page news, along with Terrance Mann's extension.
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

By the way, the story on the JR Smith, a decent NBA player who never made the all star team and hasn't been good in 5+ years, encountering bees while playing college golf is now ESPN basketball front page news, along with Terrance Mann's extension.
JR Smith and Terance Mann are much bigger names in the league than this guy. I've heard of them, never heard of Goodwin.
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

By the way, the story on the JR Smith, a decent NBA player who never made the all star team and hasn't been good in 5+ years, encountering bees while playing college golf is now ESPN basketball front page news, along with Terrance Mann's extension.
JR Smith and Terance Mann are much bigger names in the league than this guy. I've heard of them, never heard of Goodwin.


He was a late second round pick averaging 3 pts as a rookie and 7 points last year. He had one good playoff series for the Clippers while Brandon Goodwin was sidelined during the playoffs for blood clots. An extension for this guy front page ESPN basketball news. The other story doesn't make ESPN at all.

JR Smith was a solid NBA journeyman and is now retired. He encountered bees while playing golf. This is front page ESPN basketball news. The other story doesn't make ESPN news at all.
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Note that ESPN will report that players feel covid lingering effects, as you posted above

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30912183/boston-celtics-jayson-tatum-says-feeling-effects-covid-19%3fplatform=amp

but won't report that a player's season was cut short by the vaccine or, alternatively, that they weren't informed of this at the time because the Hawks hid that a player's season was cut short by the vaccine and remains unsigned.
You are being disingenuous here. He's unsigned by choice - hence the report that he declined to sign with the dubs. And his season was "cut short" because his condition was at the end of the season. I feel bad for the kid that he missed a chance to ball in the playoffs but there is no indication that this was anything other than a temporary condition that came at the wrong time and ended his season. He isn't complaining of any lingering effects and there is no reason to believe he isn't 100% recovered. The reason this isn't big news is because he's a borderline NBA player who has been on the bubble his entire career. If he were a star this would have gotten plenty of coverage.


What contract did the Warriors offer him? A G league deal? The league was quiet about what ended his season.

No debate here. The league didn't publicize this and we have no idea what contract offers he has had. He chose not to publicize what offers he has had, presumably for professional reasons.

Let's be honest about who he is as a players. He was a borderline player - 3rd string PG. He's played in 97 games in 3 seasons and he's 26 years old. He's a 6' PG who only shoots 30% from 3 and averaged about a dozen minutes per game. He could turn into a bigger contributor but in the absence of COVID, there was no reason to believe he would breakout. I have no doubt that the blood clots impacted his prospects in some respects and prevented him from using a playoff run to show the league he belongs, but there's no reason to believe that he's being limited in any way physically by the blood clots.

The Hawks keeping this hush is interesting and potentially troubling, but you are spinning this through your anti-vaxxer lens.

Also I would note that this has nothing to do with your typical anti-mRNA agenda and is part of your more generalized anti-COVID vaccine agenda.
AunBear89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Note that ESPN will report that players feel covid lingering effects, as you posted above

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30912183/boston-celtics-jayson-tatum-says-feeling-effects-covid-19%3fplatform=amp

but won't report that a player's season was cut short by the vaccine or, alternatively, that they weren't informed of this at the time because the Hawks hid that a player's season was cut short by the vaccine and remains unsigned.
You are being disingenuous here. He's unsigned by choice - hence the report that he declined to sign with the dubs. And his season was "cut short" because his condition was at the end of the season. I feel bad for the kid that he missed a chance to ball in the playoffs but there is no indication that this was anything other than a temporary condition that came at the wrong time and ended his season. He isn't complaining of any lingering effects and there is no reason to believe he isn't 100% recovered. The reason this isn't big news is because he's a borderline NBA player who has been on the bubble his entire career. If he were a star this would have gotten plenty of coverage.


What contract did the Warriors offer him? A G league deal? The league was quiet about what ended his season.

No debate here. The league didn't publicize this and we have no idea what contract offers he has had. He chose not to publicize what offers he has had, presumably for professional reasons.

Let's be honest about who he is as a players. He was a borderline player - 3rd string PG. He's played in 97 games in 3 seasons and he's 26 years old. He's a 6' PG who only shoots 30% from 3 and averaged about a dozen minutes per game. He could turn into a bigger contributor but in the absence of COVID, there was no reason to believe he would breakout. I have no doubt that the blood clots impacted his prospects in some respects and prevented him from using a playoff run to show the league he belongs, but there's no reason to believe that he's being limited in any way physically by the blood clots.

The Hawks keeping this hush is interesting and potentially troubling, but you are spinning this through your anti-vaxxer lens.

Also I would note that this has nothing to do with your typical anti-mRNA agenda and is part of your more generalized anti-COVID vaccine agenda.


Generally speaking, the media and foreign countries haven't been as nice in their criticism of adenovirus vaccines. They give a lot of latitude to mRNA vaccines because they are more effective. The hush hush aspect of this story is what is troubling. This is not an isolated incident.
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

By the way, the story on the JR Smith, a decent NBA player who never made the all star team and hasn't been good in 5+ years, encountering bees while playing college golf is now ESPN basketball front page news, along with Terrance Mann's extension.
JR Smith and Terance Mann are much bigger names in the league than this guy. I've heard of them, never heard of Goodwin.


He was a late second round pick averaging 3 pts as a rookie and 7 points last year. He had one good playoff series for the Clippers while Brandon Goodwin was sidelined during the playoffs for blood clots. An extension for this guy front page ESPN basketball news. The other story doesn't make ESPN at all.

JR Smith was a solid NBA journeyman and is now retired. He encountered bees while playing golf. This is front page ESPN basketball news. The other story doesn't make ESPN news at all.
JR Smith was a starter on championship teams with LeBron James. He once won a Sixth Man of the Year award. Just calling him a "sold NBA journeyman" does not accurately demonstrate why he might draw more interest in the newsmedia.

Mann was drafted and Goodwin was not. One is currently signed to a team and the other is not. Again, not surprising that one guy gets more attention than the other.

Now, if Goodwin was being unfairly pressured to not say anything about his condition then that's not cool. I don't know if he was; right now it's just based on his word. I can believe there is some bias in media outlets against reporting on "vaccine side effects," perhaps in part because it's easier to prove that something was a symptom of COVID itself and harder to prove that something was a side effect of a vaccine. I don't think Brandon Goodwin getting less coverage than JR Smith and Terence Mann is good evidence of that. You're making some big stretches here.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?



New COVID cases down, but the West is at risk - Axios


https://www.axios.com/covid-cases-deaths-pandemic-winter-796f0262-e788-42d5-b254-09e30aab5634.html
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I can't believe that 003 hasn't posted the booster news. The NIH study tested all combinations of J&J/Moderna/Pfizer in a small population for safety and antibody creation. This isn't like other studies we've seen in that it doesn't attempt to quantify efficacy and relies on antibodies as a proxy. Now it hasn't been peer-reviewed and we are urged not to make sweeping generalizations with further study, but this study is directionally good news because it didn't find any reason to doubt that any combination wouldn't be safe or effective.

Quote:

The National Institutes of Health study, which was released Wednesday but has yet to be peer reviewed, found that people who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine produced stronger antibody levels after they got booster shots made by Moderna or Pfizer, compared to boosters from Johnson & Johnson. Those who were originally vaccinated with the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines and received either company's booster shot produced similarly strong immune responses, the researchers found.

Hopefully this is confirmed with further research and that the boosters can be used to further dampen this pandemic.
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sigh, it's only a matter of time before the GOP makes polio great again.

oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks said:

I can't believe that 003 hasn't posted the booster news. The NIH study tested all combinations of J&J/Moderna/Pfizer in a small population for safety and antibody creation. This isn't like other studies we've seen in that it doesn't attempt to quantify efficacy and relies on antibodies as a proxy. Now it hasn't been peer-reviewed and we are urged not to make sweeping generalizations with further study, but this study is directionally good news because it didn't find any reason to doubt that any combination wouldn't be safe or effective.

Quote:

The National Institutes of Health study, which was released Wednesday but has yet to be peer reviewed, found that people who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine produced stronger antibody levels after they got booster shots made by Moderna or Pfizer, compared to boosters from Johnson & Johnson. Those who were originally vaccinated with the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines and received either company's booster shot produced similarly strong immune responses, the researchers found.

Hopefully this is confirmed with further research and that the boosters can be used to further dampen this pandemic.

There was no reason to believe that Pfizer couldn't boost Moderna which couldn't boost JnJ etc...

This is common sense, but it is nice to see it validated in a lab, even if there is no real efficacy data.

What concerns me is the *******s at Pfizer and Moderna will not allow their vaccine to be used in any comparative vaccine trials around the world. They are more interested in money and market share than helping inoculate the world.

Please also note that the Moderna results were based on a full dose. They are pushing the FDA to approve a half dose booster because the FDA will not approve a half dose because of myocarditis and other effects.

I actually wasn't planning on mentioning this study at all. Of course, you think it's just the bees knees because you only listen to what the main stream media chooses to tell you.
BearForce2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks said:

Bro you lost me at zerohedge. But good luck with your daily dose of ivermectin.




CNN lied about Joe Rogan. They told viewers he took horse dewormer, he took the human version of ivermectin prescribed by his medical doctor.

Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Of course, you think it's just the bees knees because you only listen to what the main stream media chooses to tell you.

I rely on you for anti-vax misinformation and other people at BI for outright fake news. I make no apologies for relying on trusted news sources.
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Of course, you think it's just the bees knees because you only listen to what the main stream media chooses to tell you.

I rely on you for anti-vax misinformation and other people at BI for outright fake news. I make no apologies for relying on trusted news sources.


Here is some more of that anti-vax misinformation that your trusted news sources don't report on.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/apa.16141

Ejection fraction of 20% is dangerously low.
Zippergate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/indias-ivermectin-blackout-secret-revealed

Another article about the horse de-wormer that U2S, who knows everything, won't bother to read.

The WHO explained, "Each monitoring team has two members who visit homes in villages and remote hamlets to test everyone with symptoms of COVID-19 using Rapid Antigen Test kits. Those who test positive are quickly isolated and given a medicine kit with advice on disease management."

Just five short weeks later, on June 14, 2021, new cases had dropped a staggering 97.1 percent, and the Uttar Pradesh program was hailed as a resounding success.
According to ZeeNews of India, "The strategy of trace, test & treat yields results."
Quote:

"The Yogi-led state has also been registering a steep decline in the number of Active COVID Cases as the figure has dropped from a high of 310,783 in April to 8,986 now, a remarkable reduction by 97.10 percent."
By July 2, 2021, three weeks later, cases were down a full 99 percent.
On August 6, 2021, India's Ivermectin media blackout ended with MSM reporting. Western media, including MSN, finally acknowledged what was contained in those Uttar Pradesh medicine kits. Among the medicines were Doxycycline and Ivermectin.



"This peer-reviewed paper is one of the most cited of medical references of all time period. That should alert any reader immediately - to its historical significance. Dr. Tess Lawrie is a 30-year veteran WHO evidence synthesis expert. Her conclusion is every bit as meaningful as the article's rank. Here are those words,
Quote:

"Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using Ivermectin. Using Ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that Ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally."
Maybe it is time to ask why Dr. Pierre Kory's peer-reviewed narrative review of Ivermectin ranks #38 out of the same 18 million publications.
He concludes, "Finally, the many examples of Ivermectin distribution campaigns leading to rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality reduction indicate that an oral agent effective in all phases of COVID-19 has been identified."
If Dr. Lawrie's paper is ranked in the top 5% of the top .001% of all such published medical articles of all time, then Dr. Kory's is not far behind. His is 38/180 of the top .001% or the top 21% of the top .001%
Thus, both articles would rank in the rarified atmosphere of nearly one in a million.
Therefore, the reader must now ask why two magnificent independent reviews from two different continents, coming to the same conclusion, are both ignored by our world's medical leaders?
Uttar Pradesh is one such population that experienced a considerable drop in COVID-19 morbidity and mortality months AFTER Dr. Kory's article was published on April 22, 2021. Therefore, one must ask that if Ivermectin so predictably and safely eradicates COVID-19, then why is it not being systematically deployed over all the world, as Dr. Kory and Dr. Lawrie suggest?

Perhaps every reader needs to ask themselves this question - Why is it that BOTH Dr. Lawrie's and Dr. Kory's supremely-rated expert review articles, published in the medical literature on PubMed, the National Library of Medicine, are BANNED from Wikipedia?

"

Zippergate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is murder. MURDER. And frankly, everyone who plays a part in the disinformation campaign has blood on their hands, albeit in a very small way.

https://www.thedesertreview.com/opinion/columnists/for-the-right-to-try/article_ea321d9a-2ae0-11ec-90b8-fb216c598d03.html

According to a news report published October 4, 2021, "Jeffrey Smith tested positive for COVID-19 July 9, was hospitalized, and was admitted to the intensive care unit July 15. He was put on the hospital's COVID-19 protocol of the antiviral drug, Remdesivir, along with plasma and steroids. On July 27, after a period of relative stability, Jeffrey Smith's condition began to decline.
He was sedated and intubated, and placed on a ventilator on August 1.
Smith was in a medically-induced coma on August 20, according to an affidavit his wife filed with her lawsuit. 'My husband is on death's doorstep; he has no other options,' she wrote, adding at another point that her husband's chances of survival had dropped to less than 30%."
In August, Judge Gregory Howard ordered the hospital, West Chester, to honor the family's request to treat him with Ivermectin.

...
By the grace of God and Judge Howard, Jeffrey Smith won the court order to receive the life-saving Ivermectin for which attorney Ralph Lorigo and his team had fought at his wife's plea. It appeared that Jeffrey Smith would be another in the string of Lorigo's cases that received court-ordered Ivermectin and went on to enjoy a full recovery.

Lorigo's ICU cases who win court-ordered Ivermectin have more than a 90% recovery rate, unlike their chances with standard care, which is well below 50%, and in this case, less than 30%.

Over thirteen days, Smith faithfully got the Ivermectin, and began to improve, said Dr. Wagshul. It looked like Ralph Lorigo had worked another miracle.

And then the unthinkable occurred. A new judge ordered the Ivermectin stopped against the wishes of his wife, his family, and Dr. Wagshul.

And soon after that, 51-year-old Jeffrey Smith's life ended.

Judge Michael Oster reversed the ruling before Smith could receive the entire three weeks of court-ordered Ivermectin. As a result, he only received 13 doses out of the 21 mandated by the previous order. According to Ralph Lorigo, lead attorney, "they were planning to begin weaning off the ventilator."

West Chester Hospital is proudly affiliated with UC Cincinnati Health, and they are in turn heavily funded by the NIH. For example, they are part of the ACTIV-2 program.
According to the referenced article, "ACTIV-2 is sponsored by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), which also funds the ACTG."
https://www.rcnky.com/articles/2020/12/09/clinical-trial-cincinnati-evaluate-covid-19-therapeutic-treatment
Cincinnati's UC Health also figured heavily in Moderna's Phase 3 COVID-19 Vaccine clinical trial last year.

In 2020 alone, the Office of Research at The University of Cincinnati reported $273 million in funding, the vast majority of it coming from the Federal Government. More than $250 million came from Federal Sources like the NIH.


Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ivermectin is great for deworming and that may actually make it helpful in places where parasites
are a problem.

Quote:

"I'm used to prescribing [it] here in Brazil," Dr. Ana Carolina Antonio, who works in intensive care at a government hospital in Porto Alegre, recently told Insider.

She said ivermectin is "necessary to deworm patients," including some of those who develop COVID-19 symptoms.

Ivermectin can clear out roundworm infections, which is critical to do before people are given immunosuppressing steroids for coronavirus treatment. Left untreated, it's possible those roundworms could invade the lungs.

"In the context of COVID-19, it can worsen your respiratory failure," Antonio said. "It's a concern for low-income countries."

That doesn't mean that we can conclude that Ivermectin will make a difference to someone without parasites in the US. If Ivermectin is as great as you all claim it is, then show us the results of a clean randomized control trial. It should be easy to do.

Source.
Zippergate
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Seriously, Baghdad Bob AKA U2S. Are you really trying to claim that Ivermectin is strictly a parasitic drug?

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/SUMMARY-OF-THE-EVIDENCE-BASE-FINAL.pdf

Let's face it. You don't do any investigations on your own and merely parrot what Big Brother tells you. Your case against Ivermectin is solely based on the judgements of the hopelessly financially conflicted and politically motivated US medical establishment. It has nothing at all to do with science which is why you never cite anything that is scientific.
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Zippergate said:


Seriously, Baghdad Bob AKA U2S. Are you really trying to claim that Ivermectin is strictly a parasitic drug?

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/SUMMARY-OF-THE-EVIDENCE-BASE-FINAL.pdf

Let's face it. You don't do any investigations on your own and merely parrot what Big Brother tells you. Your case against Ivermectin is solely based on the judgements of the hopelessly financially conflicted and politically motivated US medical establishment. It has nothing at all to do with science which is why you never cite anything that is scientific.
I love that a guy who thinks reading zerohedge counts as doing research thinks he has any credibility. You're not qualified to do research, all you are doing is choosing sources that confirm your bias. Good luck with that.

By the way, please share what ivermectin and other medications you are currently taking. Would be helpful to understand how your "research" is impacting your behavior.
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As part of my continuing dialogue with 003, wanted to post more recent data on vax vs unvax.

New CDC data shows that unvaxxed were at 11x increased risk of death from COVID compared to vaxxed.

Here's more clarity on a per vaccine basis:


It's not only the risk of death that is impacted, the hospitalization rates are even more lopsided.

From CNN:
Quote:

Risk ratios vary by age group. For example, the rate of COVID-19 hospitalizations among adults under the age of 50 is about 15 times higher for unvaccinated people than for fully vaccinated people. For those age 50 to 64, the hospitalization rate is 31 times higher for unvaccinated people, and for those age 65 and older, the hospitalization rate is 16 times higher for unvaccinated people.

And of course we've seen that Kaiser Family Foundation said that COVID was the second leading cause of death in September (just behind heart disease) and that over 90k deaths just since June could have been prevented by vaccination. It's so easy yet people are willing to die for their "research."
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks said:

As part of my continuing dialogue with 003, wanted to post more recent data on vax vs unvax.

New CDC data shows that unvaxxed were at 11x increased risk of death from COVID compared to vaxxed.

Here's more clarity on a per vaccine basis:


It's not only the risk of death that is impacted, the hospitalization rates are even more lopsided.

From CNN:
Quote:

Risk ratios vary by age group. For example, the rate of COVID-19 hospitalizations among adults under the age of 50 is about 15 times higher for unvaccinated people than for fully vaccinated people. For those age 50 to 64, the hospitalization rate is 31 times higher for unvaccinated people, and for those age 65 and older, the hospitalization rate is 16 times higher for unvaccinated people.

And of course we've seen that Kaiser Family Foundation said that COVID was the second leading cause of death in September (just behind heart disease) and that over 90k deaths just since June could have been prevented by vaccination. It's so easy yet people are willing to die for their "research."


Vaccine is great protection against hospitalization and death. The graph does not reflect 11x data. They only have breakthrough data for 16 jurisdictions. The graph looks like the death protection % is in the 80s as I have mentioned several times.
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wowser play by play scenarios when shoot hits the fan, contrasting vaccinated souls versus the bad place..

> Dipti S. Barot
> Oct. 15, 2021Updated: Oct. 15, 2021 12:09 p.m.
> Here's what COVID does to your body when you're vaccinated - and when you aren't

https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/openforum/article/Here-s-what-COVID-does-to-your-body-when-16536056.php
^ dunno, but apparently direct link is free to all

major portion cut and paste..
Quote:

The immune system can be complicated, but some basic understanding of how it works can go far in relaying the importance of getting your COVID shot.

Our initial response to any pathogen is the same, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated: Our innate immune system recognizes an invader and launches a non-specific response to the attacker. This first line of defense consisting of white blood cells such as neutrophils and monocytes is immediate but short-lived, lasting hours to days.

We know the main points of entry for the coronavirus are our noses and throats. Both the vaccinated and unvaccinated who feel ill can experience familiar symptoms like cough, sore throat, nasal congestion, fever, body aches, headaches and something unfamiliar that often freaks people out the most: loss of taste and smell.

These symptoms can last a week while the other part of the immune system tries to marshal the resources to fire up the second line of defense: the adaptive immune response.

Here is where an unprotected, unvaccinated patient can have a very different experience from one who is vaccinated. Those who have been vaccinated carry deeper immunity circulating in their blood that will prevent their organs from getting overwhelmed with the virus.

Those without that protection can enter the fight of their life. Here's why:

The adaptive immune response, the more specific of the responses, can take days to weeks to fire up. It is a race against the virus to see which will be faster.

This part of the immune system is made of white blood cells called lymphocytes, and some of the cells that offer long-term protection are "memory" B cells and the "killer" T cells. The vaccinated body has B cells that have been primed to swiftly recognize and remember what the spike protein of the virus looks like and make specific defender antibodies. And it makes T cells that are ready to rapidly attack and eliminate infected cells. When this part of the immune system has been given this leg up, talking to my vaccinated COVID patient sounds like this: "Yeah, the cough has gotten a lot better and the body aches are gone. I am definitely on the upswing."

For the unvaccinated, however, the fight is just beginning.

Without the aid of a vaccine, the immune system takes longer to produce longer-lasting, more specific antibodies to fight COVID antibodies that would have already been there had their adaptive immune system been exposed to the vaccine beforehand. And while an unvaccinated person's body is taking its sweet time ramping up these defenses, the COVID virus is replicating, taking over cells and doing a hop, skip and jump down to the lungs while wreaking havoc along the way.

Talking to an unvaccinated patient in week two of symptoms can sound more like this: "This cough is not going away, and I feel out of breath when I walk around the house and my oxygen level on the machine goes down to 94%."

There is a good chance you can hear these patients struggle to catch their breath when they are speaking.

These and other high risk patients are who we try to hurry in for what's known as monoclonal antibody treatment, an infusion of synthetic antibodies made in a lab which can prevent further deterioration of symptoms. (Vaccinated patients have already made a natural version of these antibodies via their own adaptive immune system.) This treatment is still under emergency use authorization by the Food and Drug Administration, but for some reason many patients are more open to getting it than the Pfizer vaccine that now has full FDA approval.

If an unvaccinated patient is unable to get monoclonal antibody treatment in time as many still aren't or it isn't effective, that likely means a hospital admission with possible prolonged stay. From here, there are innumerable paths to extreme illness or even death.

In trying to fight the virus without an assist from the vaccine, patients who show up or are sent to the emergency room have myriad of fish out of the water symptoms: the inability to catch their breath, heaving breaths like they are running marathon; that's how hard patients at this stage of the illness are breathing, except they are not moving, just existing. And just existing is exhausting. They complain of burning lungs that feels like needles are poking them, tightness and a weight in their chest, feelings of exhaustion and drowning. Their respiratory rates are often double or triple the typical 12-16 breaths per minute.

At this point, most patients have worrisome oxygen levels. Standard oxygen therapy often doesn't cut it, nor does cranking up high-flow oxygen. Instead, patients need the oxygen forced down their lungs with a BiPap machine, a type of noninvasive ventilator where a mask is strapped to your face. Often times, patients are proned lying face down to improve ventilation.

Meanwhile, inflammatory cells and fluid are flooding their lungs, where the virus is slowly overtaking the tiny sacs that are responsible for air exchange. These sacs, the alveoli, usually exchange carbon dioxide for oxygen so that your body can send this freshly oxygenated blood to your heart, brains and other vital organs. But now, the cells that do this gas exchange are overtaken by the virus. Each cell that is taken over bursts forth more virus to infect more cells. The very cells that take our carbon dioxide and exchange it for fresh oxygen are blocked from doing this vital task. It's no surprise that oxygen levels drop.

When the BiPap machine is not enough to keep patients stable and oxygenating their blood, the unvaccinated must move to a ventilator. Many clinicians have described this as the 50-50 point, where the odds of survival are like a coin toss.

This is when alone, because visitors are not allowed during the pandemic an unvaccinated person will say goodbye to family on FaceTime. Unless, of course, the patient did not have the luxury to plan this because of the need to be intubated as an emergency. My ICU colleagues tell me that it is usually it is the family who is crying on the screen and not the patient because the marathon-breath breathing patient is too exhausted to muster the strength for sobs.

Imagine not having enough energy to cry for your last goodbyes.

The unvaccinated patient is then readied for a machine to breathe for them with sedatives and paralytic drugs. Perhaps this is a patient who can make it. But perhaps this is the patient who then goes into kidney failure and also needs to be connected to a dialysis machine. Or perhaps this is a patient for whom the ventilator isn't enough and needs to be put on a heart-lung machine called ECMO, because at this juncture the patient needs a machine to do both the job of the heart and the lungs. And hopefully, while all this is going on, the patient doesn't have blood clots in the brain called "shower" emboli or suffered from a spontaneous pneumothorax a punctured lung, or any number of life-ending complications that can so readily occur at this stage.

Patients only get to this point if they live in a state that had mask and vaccine mandates and have hospitals that aren't overrun and rationing care a year and a half into a pandemic. So, they have access to BiPap, ventilators, ECMO and ICU beds. They're lucky enough not to have their family scouring for a hospital bed on social media.

By this point, if they survive, unvaccinated patients are unrecognizable with a puffy, fluid-logged bodies, connected to endless lines and tubes and wires and catheters, suffering from not just the ravages of the virus, but from the effects of all of these necessary but invasive interventions that have kept them alive.

For medical staff, it was one type of trauma taking care of patients at this stage when there wasn't a vaccine. But when a patient who chose not take a vaccine hits this point in their disease course, the care team hits a depth of devastation and despair like no other.

The pervasive feeling of "it didn't have to be this way" haunts the room, especially with younger patients in their 30s and 40s who have been admitted in larger numbers during this delta wave.

It is called the novel coronavirus for a reason it is a strain not previously identified in humans.

Because of this, we have not developed immunity from it, and thus, it makes all of us more susceptible to getting it and spreading it.

So yes, you can still get COVID if you are vaccinated. But my ICU colleagues will likely not be sticking a tube down your throat to help you breathe because your adaptive immune system lost its race with the virus. Yes, you can still get COVID if you are vaccinated. But you will likely not be the patient my nephrology colleague will have to put on dialysis because of the kidney damage done by the virus.

If you were going to be in a fight for your life, would you want to be armed and ready or still fashioning your weapons after the enemy has attacked? That is my answer to NBA players like Beal and others who are still unclear on the reason for vaccination. Being unvaccinated means that you are unarmed and unprepared for an attack, with luck as your only weapon.

Without a shot in your arm, you're heading into the fight of your life blind.

Dipti S. Barot is a primary care physician in the East Bay. Twitter: @dipitisbarot
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Be careful. Not sure how serious this is, but there appears be be a Delta Variant causing significant increasing hospitalization in an 83% vaccinated population.

oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://twitter.com/I7Bomb/status/1450203773721358341?t=BWlJ9mXXZRGz9CqLhDvUFw&s=19

Senator Ron Johnson accuses FDA of being in bed with big pharma, ignoring inexpensive treatments and vaccine VAERS data.
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

https://twitter.com/I7Bomb/status/1450203773721358341?t=BWlJ9mXXZRGz9CqLhDvUFw&s=19

Senator Ron Johnson accuses FDA of being in bed with big pharma, ignoring inexpensive treatments and vaccine VAERS data.
I didn't realize this was the thread where we post stupid things that Ron Johnson believes.

Here's one:
Quote:

I absolutely do not believe in the science of man-caused climate change," Johnson said. "It's not proven by any stretch of the imagination."

Johnson, in an interview last month, described believers in manmade causes of climate change as "crazy" and the theory as "lunacy."

"It's far more likely that it's just sunspot activity or just something in the geologic eons of time," he said.
Excess carbon dioxide in the atmosphere "gets sucked down by trees and helps the trees grow," said Johnson.

Average Earth temperatures were relatively warm during the Middle Ages, Johnson said, and "it's not like there were tons of cars on the road."

He said he disagreed with any government spending to try to address global warming. A strong economy is the best way to preserve a good environment, Johnson said.

oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

https://twitter.com/I7Bomb/status/1450203773721358341?t=BWlJ9mXXZRGz9CqLhDvUFw&s=19

Senator Ron Johnson accuses FDA of being in bed with big pharma, ignoring inexpensive treatments and vaccine VAERS data.
I didn't realize this was the thread where we post stupid things that Ron Johnson believes.

Here's one:
Quote:

I absolutely do not believe in the science of man-caused climate change," Johnson said. "It's not proven by any stretch of the imagination."

Johnson, in an interview last month, described believers in manmade causes of climate change as "crazy" and the theory as "lunacy."

"It's far more likely that it's just sunspot activity or just something in the geologic eons of time," he said.
Excess carbon dioxide in the atmosphere "gets sucked down by trees and helps the trees grow," said Johnson.

Average Earth temperatures were relatively warm during the Middle Ages, Johnson said, and "it's not like there were tons of cars on the road."

He said he disagreed with any government spending to try to address global warming. A strong economy is the best way to preserve a good environment, Johnson said.




We are allowed to post something a senator says on the news even if some positions he holds seem crazy.
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

https://twitter.com/I7Bomb/status/1450203773721358341?t=BWlJ9mXXZRGz9CqLhDvUFw&s=19

Senator Ron Johnson accuses FDA of being in bed with big pharma, ignoring inexpensive treatments and vaccine VAERS data.
I didn't realize this was the thread where we post stupid things that Ron Johnson believes.

Here's one:
Quote:

I absolutely do not believe in the science of man-caused climate change," Johnson said. "It's not proven by any stretch of the imagination."

Johnson, in an interview last month, described believers in manmade causes of climate change as "crazy" and the theory as "lunacy."

"It's far more likely that it's just sunspot activity or just something in the geologic eons of time," he said.
Excess carbon dioxide in the atmosphere "gets sucked down by trees and helps the trees grow," said Johnson.

Average Earth temperatures were relatively warm during the Middle Ages, Johnson said, and "it's not like there were tons of cars on the road."

He said he disagreed with any government spending to try to address global warming. A strong economy is the best way to preserve a good environment, Johnson said.




We are allowed to post something a senator says on the news even if some positions he holds seem crazy.
Yes, we are all aware that you will post every anti-vax view you can find. Johnson is a long-time anti-vaxxer and anti-science moron. In your parlance he seems to qualify as a real "scumbag".

He's one of the idiots who thought the Foxconn deal was good for Wisconsin lol
Quote:

"Today's groundbreaking is the start of an exciting chapter for southeastern Wisconsin. Not only will our state benefit from the jobs created directly at Foxconn, but also indirectly throughout the economy. I want to congratulate President Trump, Gov. Walker and Speaker Ryan for the commitment and vision to make this possible."
Give him a week and he'll have some other idiotic position. He still criticizes Harris for questioning the vaccines last year even though he now holds the exact same position he's accusing her of having held!
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.