Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

362,180 Views | 4701 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by movielover
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

BearForce2 said:

Who are the "top athletes dropping face-first onto playing fields worldwide?" I think I recall one or two in the last few months, but there are always occasional stories like that. Usually it's some kind of undiagnosed heart problem and often not too serious. Haven't heard that recent ones were Covid vaccine related (or what the cause was at all).

I used to think the Rasmussen Polls just used polling techniques that happened to skew towards conservative Republicans. Now that BF2 is reposting their tweets, I see that they clearly have an agenda they are pushing. I probably should have figured that out, but I guess there's a little part of me that naively wants to believe people are honest until they prove otherwise.

Their agenda is probably just different than yours.

As for Omicron, New York has not had any cases. However, they expect it to be a tough winter because of Delta and the anticipation of Omicron's arrival. Despite more than 90% getting vaccinated with at least one shot, they are now declaring a State of Emergency.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-hochul-announces-90-percent-adult-new-yorkers-ages-18-and-over-have-received-least

Is it still the disease of the unvaccinated?

Why are so many nurses at Long Beach hospital refusing vaccination such that they have to shut down the ER? Aren't they medical professionals? Are they psychotic?

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/11/22/long-beach-emergency-room-closes-new-york-vaccine-mandate-covid-19/
bearister
A lot of working class people buy tRump's bullsh@it, and as a result of that, they have the tRumpist "bundled beliefs" and one of the beliefs in that bundle is vaccination reticence. Others are climate change denial or skeptism; Obamacare is a disaster; NATO is a ripoff; Covid cases and deaths are falsified so that hospitals can get reimbursed by the government; masks and social distancing are for p@ussies; Michael Flynn and Kyle Rittenhouse are American heroes; the 2020 Election was stolen from tRump; tRump didn't rig the 2016 Election; that it may take a Civil War to insure that Good prevails over Evil in the Culture War; and that anyone that opposes tRump and his supporters is a Lefty that hates America.*

*I know these things because I play golf every Saturday with guys that have these beliefs.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2
DiabloWags
bearister said:

A lot of working class people buy tRump's bullsh@it, and as a result of that, they have the tRumpist "bundled beliefs" and one of the beliefs in that bundle is vaccination reticence. Others are climate change denial or skeptism; Obamacare is a disaster; NATO is a ripoff; Covid cases and deaths are falsified so that hospitals can get reimbursed by the government; masks and social distancing are for p@ussies; Michael Flynn and Kyle Rittenhouse are American heroes; the 2020 Election was stolen from tRump; tRump didn't rig the 2016 Election; that it may take a Civil War to insure that Good prevails over Evil in the Culture War; and that anyone that opposes tRump and his supporters is a Lefty that hates America.*

*I know these things because I play golf every Saturday with guys that have these beliefs.

Bingo!

And some of these people have no life and spend the day after Thanksgiving posting 29 times.
They're functional "loners" with no brains . . . who feel validated by the Orange Crap Stain.
Because you know, he's a WHITE NATIONALIST.

BearForce2
Eastern Oregon Bear
DiabloWags said:

bearister said:

Bingo!

And some of these people have no life and spend the day after Thanksgiving posting 29 times.
They're functional "loners" with no brains . . . who feel validated by the Orange Crap Stain.
Because you know, he's a WHITE NATIONALIST.

If you think 29 times in one day is a lot, he posted 500 to 600 times in the last 36 hours before the 2020 election. It may have been more than that, I counted it up at the time, but don't recall the exact figure. He pretty much ran all other topics off to page 3 or 4. Also, there were few short breaks, so I doubt he stopped to sleep. It was amazing and pathetic at the same time.
sycasey

BearForce2 said:

Who are the "top athletes dropping face-first onto playing fields worldwide?" I think I recall one or two in the last few months, but there are always occasional stories like that. Usually it's some kind of undiagnosed heart problem and often not too serious. Haven't heard that recent ones were Covid vaccine related (or what the cause was at all).

I used to think the Rasmussen Polls just used polling techniques that happened to skew towards conservative Republicans. Now that BF2 is reposting their tweets, I see that they clearly have an agenda they are pushing. I probably should have figured that out, but I guess there's a little part of me that naively wants to believe people are honest until they prove otherwise.

I think the Rasmussen organization split some time back from its original founder, Scott Rasmussen. Once that happened the company became a lot more obviously partisan. Before that they were a reasonably legit polling organization with a Republican lean, as you described.
Yogi347
sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

I think the Rasmussen organization split some time back from its original founder, Scott Rasmussen. Once that happened the company became a lot more obviously partisan. Before that they were a reasonably legit polling organization with a Republican lean, as you described.
Given up on Cal football already?
BearForce2
bearister said:

masks and social distancing are for p@ussies

Not too long ago, Biden called wearing a mask "a patriotic responsibility, for God's sake"
bearister
The best thing about Republicans?
They are efficiently killing off their own base:

"Florida, Iowa, Kansas and Tennessee have changed their unemployment insurance rules to allow workers who are fired or quit over vaccine mandates to receive benefits.
Extending unemployment benefits to the unvaccinated is just the latest in a series of proposals aligning the GOP with people who won't get a COVID shot."

GOP gives unemployment checks to unvaxxed that defied Biden mandate - Axios

https://www.axios.com/republicans-unemployment-unvaccinated-biden-3cf363b5-8789-4bb4-b431-70401320de94.html
BearForce2
bearister said:

The best thing about Republicans?
They are efficiently killing off their own base:

More Republican killing talk?

bearister
I'm sure God will protect this one, he is such a stellar human being (he threw his mother under the bus when he got popped a for a DUI in San Diego; he also turned sprinklers on the homeless sleeping in alcoves of the Cathedral during the winter).

oski003
This appears to be Vietnam. Not sure if this is a bad batch of mRNA vaccine or they simply weren't prepared for the side effects.

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/120-children-hospitalized-province-suspends-pfizer-vaccine-batch-4397748.html
dimitrig
oski003 said:

This appears to be Vietnam. Not sure if this is a bad batch of mRNA vaccine or they simply weren't prepared for the side effects.

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/120-children-hospitalized-province-suspends-pfizer-vaccine-batch-4397748.html

What do you expect from the Trump Vaccine?

oski003
The UK doesn't think it is ethical to vaccinate kids with mRNA covid vaccines because the vaccines are more dangerous to them than the disease.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10266583/amp/UK-standing-ready-vaccinate-five-11-year-olds-against-Covid.html
bearister

*I suppose if you are a tRumpist Republican in Missouri you receive this news in one of two ways:

1. You think it is fake news; or

2. You are all in with your party, even after this.

In either case, you are too stupid to be alive and your family will beg to have Covid as the cause of death removed from your death certificate.

B.A. Bearacus
oski003 said:

The UK doesn't think it is ethical to vaccinate kids with mRNA covid vaccines because the vaccines are more dangerous to them than the disease.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10266583/amp/UK-standing-ready-vaccinate-five-11-year-olds-against-Covid.html

You're posting this because you wished that the US showed equal hesitancy and you'd prefer that all kids get a protein-based vax such as Novavax (when available) instead. That all correct?

Also, less Trump fans in the UK. 81% of those 12 and up have gotten two doses (gotta love the British attitude towards vaccination). That number is significantly lower (59%) in the country with most Trump fans.
dajo9
bearister said:

*I suppose if you are a tRumpist Republican in Missouri you receive this news in one of two ways:

1. You think it is fake news; or

2. You are all in with your party, even after this.

In either case, you are too stupid to be alive and your family will beg to have Covid as the cause of death removed from your death certificate.

Yes, it's a cult
bearister

Marshall Applewhite (1931-1997)
oski003
B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

You're posting this because you wished that the US showed equal hesitancy and you'd prefer that all kids get a protein-based vax such as Novavax (when available) instead. That all correct?

Also, less Trump fans in the UK. 81% of those 12 and up have gotten two doses (gotta love the British attitude towards vaccination). That number is significantly lower (59%) in the country with most Trump fans.
The US population total is 59% fully vaccinated and the UK population total is 69% fully vaccinated. The UK does not authorize vaccines for those under 12.
B.A. Bearacus
oski003 said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

The US population total is 59% fully vaccinated and the UK population total is 69% fully vaccinated. The UK does not authorize vaccines for those under 12.
Thanks for pointing out that the my UK figure was for eligible. US only getting their ass kicked 69-59 against overall population.

Just want to confirm that your only issue is with mRNA vaccines and kids, right? You're good with other vaccines in the pipeline?

Unit2Sucks
B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

Thanks for pointing out that the my UK figure was for eligible. US only getting their ass kicked 69-59 against overall population.

Just want to confirm that your only issue is with mRNA vaccines and kids, right? You're good with other vaccines in the pipeline?

I will let him answer for himself but I will note that he managed to throw in some more vaccine misinformation by stating unequivocally that the UK considers it unethical to vaccinate healthy children with MRNA. The article he linked certainly does not support thst unequivocal position. This is just his way of attributing his position to experts and waving away the uncertainty that actual experts have because it doesn't comport with his agenda.

Nevertheless, it is good news that Novavax trials are happening in the US for children and that they are likely to approve it soon in the UK. I doubt it will convince the vast majority of US anti-vaxxers to change their minds (since they largely have political objections and not safety based ones) but it gives us another chance to have a safe and effective vaccine. Having more options is great. We are likely to have to deal with COVID for years or decades to come so we should all welcome additional tools to combat the virus. The mRNA vaccines have already saved hundreds of thousands, if not yet millions, of lives but we can use all the help we can get. Sadly, as is obvious by now, far too many people are dug in against the entire concept of preventing COVID, so I doubt there are really that many people in this country holding out for other jabs. If Novavax turns out to have a significantly better safety profile with similar efficacy, it should win out in the market place and be great for people who would otherwise get vaccinated but haven't done so yet for whatever reason.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

I will let him answer for himself but I will note that he managed to throw in some more vaccine misinformation by stating unequivocally that the UK considers it unethical to vaccinate healthy children with MRNA. The article he linked certainly does not support thst unequivocal position. This is just his way of attributing his position to experts and waving away the uncertainty that actual experts have because it doesn't comport with his agenda.

Nevertheless, it is good news that Novavax trials are happening in the US for children and that they are likely to approve it soon in the UK. I doubt it will convince the vast majority of US anti-vaxxers to change their minds (since they largely have political objections and not safety based ones) but it gives us another chance to have a safe and effective vaccine. Having more options is great. We are likely to have to deal with COVID for years or decades to come so we should all welcome additional tools to combat the virus. The mRNA vaccines have already saved hundreds of thousands, if not yet millions, of lives but we can use all the help we can get. Sadly, as is obvious by now, far too many people are dug in against the entire concept of preventing COVID, so I doubt there are really that many people in this country holding out for other jabs. If Novavax turns out to have a significantly better safety profile with similar efficacy, it should win out in the market place and be great for people who would otherwise get vaccinated but haven't done so yet for whatever reason.

UK only approved second dose mRNA 12-15 one week ago out of fear of Omicron and are still not approving under 12 for the reasons I already stated.

The mrna and viral vector vaccines have absolutely saved lives because they were and unfortunately still are the only vaccines available. JnJ has saved lives as well but has its own issues. Prior to covid, mRNA tech had never been approved anywhere in the world and JnJ vector tech had one emergency ebola approval in Africa.

When you are forcing people to get vaccinated, it should not be with a newer less safe technology. Great effort should be placed to provide the safest vaccines possible.

The link below is a specific example where JPL and NASA employees demanded more transparency and a more traditional vaccine be made available before being forced to get vaccinated or lose their jobs.

oski003
B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

My issue is with the regulator and supply chain capture they have obtained since first getting EUA. Also, because they have captured the market with no competition, mainstream media will not touch them because of public policy need. I am skeptical of but not necessarily against the science behind inoculating children with mRNA. I wish there was a safer option. Traditionally, it takes 10+ years to develop a vaccine. mRNA and JnJ cut corners because of need. Their manufacturing wasn't even inspected. Novavax, hampered by Pfizer using executive order to steal supply chain (after BARDA took same from them for JnJ) is fighting through US caused delays and stricter regulatory commercialization barriers.
oski003
The FDA released some adverse event info for the FOIA request. They have released 500 of 329,000 pages. They will have the rest released by 2076.

This Twitter user was suspended for tweeting the information, likely disparaging the safety profile of Pfizer's mRNA vaccine.

Regardless, if you are interested, here is a direct link to the data.

https://phmpt.org/pfizers-documents/
dimitrig
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

UK only approved second dose mRNA 12-15 one week ago out of fear of Omicron and are still not approving under 12 for the reasons I already stated.

The mrna and viral vector vaccines have absolutely saved lives because they were and unfortunately still are the only vaccines available. JnJ has saved lives as well but has its own issues. Prior to covid, mRNA tech had never been approved anywhere in the world and JnJ vector tech had one emergency ebola approval in Africa.

When you are forcing people to get vaccinated, it should not be with a newer less safe technology. Great effort should be placed to provide the safest vaccines possible.

The link below is a specific example where JPL and NASA employees demanded more transparency and a more traditional vaccine be made available before being forced to get vaccinated or lose their jobs.

Yeah, two dozen protested out of about 6000 employees:

https://www.pasadenanow.com/main/protesters-demonstrate-against-jpl-vaccination-mandates

bearister
Covid booster shots significantly strengthen immunity, trial finds

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/02/covid-booster-shots-significantly-strengthen-immunity-trial-finds?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
bearister
From pandemic to endemic: this is how we might get back to normal

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/05/covid-19-from-pandemic-to-endemic-this-is-how-we-might-get-back-to-normal?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
prospeCt
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/03/more-than-half-omicron-cases-in-england-are-in-the-double-jabbed

Unit2Sucks
This must be part of the 0.000001 percent that 003 tells us is just waiting for better vaccines like Novavax before getting jabbed.

oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

This must be part of the 0.000001 percent that 003 tells us is just waiting for better vaccines like Novavax before getting jabbed.

I don't know who this person is, but you certainly are a condescending *******. There are way more than .000001% who would get vaccinated if they had more than first time ever licensed mRNA and adenovirus vector vaccines to choose from.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

There are way more than .000001% who would get vaccinated if they had more than first time ever licensed mRNA and adenovirus vector vaccines to choose from.

Classy. You know as well as I do that anti-vax sentiment is largely political tribalism at this point and has nothing to do with your vaccine snobbery. You like to pretend like these nutjobs are few in numbers but they represent a meaningful demographic of people who fall for vaccine misinformation, just like you have demonstrated time and time again by posting false and misleading information - like about the Australian navy, among others.

Here's a recent article with the data to back it up.
Quote:

Recent polling shows that partisanship is now this single strongest identifying predictor of whether someone is vaccinated. Polling also shows that mistrust in official sources of information and exposure to misinformation, about both COVID-19 and the vaccines, run high among Republicans.

"An unvaccinated person is three times as likely to lean Republican as they are to lean Democrat," says Liz Hamel, vice president of public opinion and survey research at the Kaiser Family Foundation, a nonpartisan health policy think tank that tracks attitudes toward vaccination. Political affiliation is now the strongest indicator of whether someone is vaccinated, she says: "If I wanted to guess if somebody was vaccinated or not and I could only know one thing about them, I would probably ask what their party affiliation is."

AunBear89
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

There are way more than .000001% who would get vaccinated if they had more than first time ever licensed mRNA and adenovirus vector vaccines to choose from.

Classy. You know as well as I do that anti-vax sentiment is largely political tribalism at this point and has nothing to do with your vaccine snobbery. You like to pretend like these nutjobs are few in numbers but they represent a meaningful demographic of people who fall for vaccine misinformation, just like you have demonstrated time and time again by posting false and misleading information - like about the Australian navy, among others.

Quote:

Recent polling shows that partisanship is now this single strongest identifying predictor of whether someone is vaccinated. Polling also shows that mistrust in official sources of information and exposure to misinformation, about both COVID-19 and the vaccines, run high among Republicans.

"An unvaccinated person is three times as likely to lean Republican as they are to lean Democrat," says Liz Hamel, vice president of public opinion and survey research at the Kaiser Family Foundation, a nonpartisan health policy think tank that tracks attitudes toward vaccination. Political affiliation is now the strongest indicator of whether someone is vaccinated, she says: "If I wanted to guess if somebody was vaccinated or not and I could only know one thing about them, I would probably ask what their party affiliation is."

Further evidence that many Republicans are either gullible or stupid.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

There are thousands of people who would take a more traditional covid vaccine that will not take the mRNA covid vaccine. There are thousands of people who are disgruntled by having to take the mRNA covid vaccine because a more traditional vaccine is not available. If the mRNA vaccines had a better safety profile, there would be less people in these groups. I never said that there weren't anti-vaxxers involved here, because clearly there are. Please try not to be so dumb or emotional to think this is a black and white issue.
calpoly
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

There are thousands of people who would take a more traditional covid vaccine that will not take the mRNA covid vaccine. There are thousands of people who are disgruntled by having to take the mRNA covid vaccine because a more traditional vaccine is not available. If the mRNA vaccines had a better safety profile, there would be less people in these groups. I never said that there weren't anti-vaxxers involved here, because clearly there are. Please try not to be so dumb or emotional to think this is a black and white issue.
But there are TENS of MILLIONS of people that have not been vaccinated. So you are really agreeing with Unit2sucks! If only thousands of people in this nation did not get vaccinated then we would be in much better shape.
First Page Last Page
Page 38 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.