Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

370,448 Views | 4741 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by movielover
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MinotStateBeav said:

sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Big C said:

BearForce2 said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

MinotStateBeav said:

dimitrig said:

BearForce2 said:

Trump trying to buy votes as usual

No..that's just common sense.
Once you allow the average GI Joe to decide which orders they will obey and there's no penalty for it, you're starting the military down a very slippery slope.
Unfortunately for those in the military now, they will have to comply or suffer the consequences. But the military knows this isn't helping their cause in the long term. They are facing a recruiting nightmare right now.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/21/americas-woke-army-is-facing-a-recruiting-nightmare/
https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/07/how-covid-may-have-crushed-military-recruitment/

Sucks that soldiers need to follow orders nowadays, in order to achieve a greater good. What's this nation coming to?!?

But hey, Amazon's hiring!
Well the Vax doesn't work so...they were right not to. People that took 2 shots had their immune systems drop lower than an unvaxxed person. Sounds like thats bad.

What does it mean for an immune system to "drop lower?"

Is that a medical term?
your ability to keep getting covid is becoming higher than people who don't take the vax.
What's your source on that?
BearForce2

A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine showed that people vaccinated against COVID-19 remained contagious with the virus for a longer period of time than their unvaccinated counterparts.

The disparity in contagiousness was particularly pronounced between the unvaccinated and individuals who did not receive a booster shot.

https://thenationalpulse.com/2022/07/22/unvaccinated-people-remain-contagious-with-covid-19-for-shorter-period-of-time/

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2202092
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Big C said:

BearForce2 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

dimitrig said:

BearForce2 said:

Once you allow the average GI Joe to decide which orders they will obey and there's no penalty for it, you're starting the military down a very slippery slope.
Unfortunately for those in the military now, they will have to comply or suffer the consequences. But the military knows this isn't helping their cause in the long term. They are facing a recruiting nightmare right now.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/21/americas-woke-army-is-facing-a-recruiting-nightmare/
https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/07/how-covid-may-have-crushed-military-recruitment/

Sucks that soldiers need to follow orders nowadays, in order to achieve a greater good. What's this nation coming to?!?

Well the Vax doesn't work so...they were right not to. People that took 2 shots had their immune systems drop lower than an unvaxxed person. Sounds like thats bad.

Is that a medical term?
your ability to keep getting covid is becoming higher than people who don't take the vax.
Maybe he just realized people who die from COVID are less likely to get COVID a second time. How many of the 1M Americans dead from COVID went on to get it again?
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Big C said:

BearForce2 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

dimitrig said:

BearForce2 said:

Is that a medical term?
Maybe he just realized people who die from COVID are less likely to get COVID a second time. How many of the 1M Americans dead from COVID went on to get it again?

Zero went on to get covid again. 25,000, however, did vote for Biden post mortem.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Big C said:

BearForce2 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

dimitrig said:

BearForce2 said:

Is that a medical term?

Zero went on to get covid again. 25,000, however, did vote for Biden post mortem.
Is that more or less than the number of deplorables who voted for Trump after murdering their wives?

bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
calbear93
bearister said:

So, vaccines don't work or they were oversold as stopping infection as opposed to just reducing the odds of fatal symptoms?

This is why some of us here thought it was idiotic to say the unvaccinated in their state were preventing COVID from going away as if COVID were not a global pandemic. Infection and reinfection rate among vaccinated were showing early on after the first three month of the mass vaccination the falsehood of the vaccine being effective in stopping infection (which studies showed fairly early) while being highly effective in reducing hospitalization and death rate.

So, let's not get all fearmongering on increased cases but instead focus on death rate among those vaccinated and boosted. Either decide that vaccines are worthless and we should still focus on case rate or that what we should focus on is hospitalization rate beyond capacity and death rate for vaccinated per 100K (don't care about increase of 100% if it is going from 20 to 40, especially if people are dying at a greater percentage on other things).
bearister
I'm cool with everyone just playing their own odds game with their behavior and hoping for the best. If you end up on the wrong side of the odds, take it like a soldier.
calbear93
bearister said:

I'm cool with everyone just playing their own odds game with their behavior and hoping for the best. If you end up on the wrong side of the odds, take it like a soldier.
I couldn't agree more. I am fully vaccinated and double boosted. My family is fully vaccinated and boosted. If you want to roll the dice, go for it. We all deal with risk differently and have different risk tolerance. The chances of hospitalization getting to prior overcapacity levels is almost none unless the vaccines are truly worthless.
sycasey
calbear93 said:

bearister said:

So, vaccines don't work or they were oversold as stopping infection as opposed to just reducing the odds of fatal symptoms?

This is why some of us here thought it was idiotic to say the unvaccinated in their state were preventing COVID from going away as if COVID were not a global pandemic. Infection and reinfection rate among vaccinated were showing early on after the first three month of the mass vaccination the falsehood of the vaccine being effective in stopping infection (which studies showed fairly early) while being highly effective in reducing hospitalization and death rate.

So, let's not get all fearmongering on increased cases but instead focus on death rate among those vaccinated and boosted. Either decide that vaccines are worthless and we should still focus on case rate or that what we should focus on is hospitalization rate beyond capacity and death rate for vaccinated per 100K (don't care about increase of 100% if it is going from 20 to 40, especially if people are dying at a greater percentage on other things).
It was a legitimate argument that vaccines could help stop (or at least significantly curb) infection for the original Alpha strain and maybe also for Delta. Omicron changed the game. It's clearly too transmissible to be stopped.

I agree that hospital capacity and death rates should be the measures now. Trying to stop all COVID infections is wildly impractical.
dimitrig

What people should be doing is wearing masks.

That way they are less likely to get sick and make others sick.

It is apparently too much to ask in this country.

bearister
Yes, the situation is absurd. You can thank tRump for politicizing masks and social distancing. To millions of Americans it is considered a negative political act to wear a mask.
sycasey
dimitrig said:

Honestly? It probably is too much to ask virtually the entire population to continue wearing masks in public spaces for more than two years with no obvious end in sight. A lot of people just don't like wearing masks and don't want to do it forever. Masks don't work well as a public-health measure unless you have high compliance.

IMO this was a fair criticism in the early months of the pandemic, but I'm not going to blame people for being tired of masks at this point. Vaccines have been out for a while and people can protect themselves.
dimitrig
sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

Honestly? It probably is too much to ask virtually the entire population to continue wearing masks in public spaces for more than two years with no obvious end in sight. A lot of people just don't like wearing masks and don't want to do it forever. Masks don't work well as a public-health measure unless you have high compliance.

IMO this was a fair criticism in the early months of the pandemic, but I'm not going to blame people for being tired of masks at this point. Vaccines have been out for a while and people can protect themselves.

The vaccine isn't preventing illness and masks are.

sycasey
dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

The vaccine isn't preventing illness and masks are.
Depends on what you mean. The vaccine still seems very good at preventing SERIOUS illness (like the kind that could kill or incapacitate you). Preventing infections, no.

One-way masking also seems to work pretty well . . . if you have a well-fitting KN-95 or something similar. But what do you expect here? That the entire world is going to keep masking indefinitely? That we are going to eradicate COVID-19?
Eastern Oregon Bear
bearister said:

Yes, the situation is absurd. You can thank tRump for politicizing masks and social distancing. To millions of Americans it is considered a negative political act to wear a mask.
I wear a mask in public most of the time (even at work where it's still required when the community COVID level is high). I haven't had COVID yet.

Ph*ck their feelings.
bearister
Pair of new studies point to natural Covid origin

https://news.yahoo.com/pair-studies-point-natural-covid-213514366.html

"Have we disproven the lab leak theory? No, we have not. Will we ever be able to know? No," said co-author Kristian Anderson of The Scripps Research Institute.

"But I think what's really important here is that there are possible scenarios and they're plausible scenarios and it's really important to understand that possible does not mean equally likely."
Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

"Have we disproven the lab leak theory? No, we have not. Will we ever be able to know? No," said co-author Kristian Anderson of The Scripps Research Institute.

"But I think what's really important here is that there are possible scenarios and they're plausible scenarios and it's really important to understand that possible does not mean equally likely."
Yes but the anti-vaxxers feel like it was a lab leak and will never acknowledge any other origin, no matter how well researched. They only like the 1% of studies with small sample sizes that confirm their biases.
MinotStateBeav
bearister said:

this read like the CCP putting out a press release.
Unit2Sucks
MinotStateBeav said:

bearister said:

this read like the CCP putting out a press release.
did you ever provide the quote from Birx about vaccines weakening immune response or whatever it is you claimed?

You've made so many ridiculous claims over the years that have turned out to be false. To your credit you occasionally do acknowledge when you've been duped by misinformation and I assume when you provide your quote from Birx you will acknowledge that you were wrong there as well.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

bearister said:

Yes but the anti-vaxxers feel like it was a lab leak and will never acknowledge any other origin, no matter how well researched. They only like the 1% of studies with small sample sizes that confirm their biases.

Yes, but the pro-vaxxers feel like it was of natural original and will never acknowledge any other origin, no matter how well researched. They only like the old studies with small sample sizes that confirm their biases. Darsh! (Btw, neither your statement nor mine are actually true but you have great rhetoric!)
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

bearister said:

Yes, but the pro-vaxxers feel like it was of natural original and will never acknowledge any other origin, no matter how well researched. They only like the old studies with small sample sizes that confirm their biases. Darsh! (Btw, neither your statement nor mine are actually true but you have great rhetoric!)
Oh look the board's least interesting contarian did his deed. It took you over a year to realize that Novavax wouldn't make a difference so we're all used to you being behind the curve. We can re-visit this once you finally catch up with the rest of us.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

bearister said:

Oh look the board's least interesting contarian did his deed. It took you over a year to realize that Novavax wouldn't make a difference so we're all used to you being behind the curve. We can re-visit this once you finally catch up with the rest of us.

False statement. False statement. False statement. Nice trifecta. Keep up the good work inventing other people's thoughts and positions and then putting them down.
BearForce2
bearister said:

Who wrote this, Fauci himself?
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
AunBear89
It's very revealing that anything more complex than "See spot run" proves too challenging for your RWNJ brain.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearForce2
OdontoBear66
bearister said:

A newfound Libertarian?? Oh, my.
BearForce2
https://instagr.am/p/CgUdbd7OiEK

In a tragic turn of events on Sunday, a 27-year-old triathlete and resident doctor at McMaster Children's Hospital in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, collapsed while swimming. On Thursday, four days after the incident, she passed away.

Dr. Candace Nayman's death comes less than two weeks after the deaths of four other physicians. Dr. Candace was the fifth Greater Toronto Area (GTA) doctor to die in July.
dimitrig
BearForce2 said:

In a tragic turn of events on Sunday, a 27-year-old triathlete and resident doctor at McMaster Children's Hospital in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, collapsed while swimming. On Thursday, four days after the incident, she passed away.

Dr. Candace Nayman's death comes less than two weeks after the deaths of four other physicians. Dr. Candace was the fifth Greater Toronto Area (GTA) doctor to die in July.

Fake news.

"The hospital system for which the doctors worked called such claims 'simply not true.' Public information about the deaths indicates that two died from cancer. The third was 'seriously ill,' according to his office, though the exact cause of death hasn't been publicly reported.

An obituary for Segall, who died on July 17 at 49, said the otolaryngologist died after a 'ridiculously unfair and hard fought year-long battle with advanced lung cancer.'

Sawicki, meanwhile, died on July 19 and had stomach cancer, according to a GoFundMe page arranged by his wife, Iris, to raise money for a scholarship in his name for future medical students. Sawicki was a member of a surgical assisting team at Trillium, according to a hospital memorial notice provided to the AP.

McKenzie was a neurologist with the hospital system for nearly 40 years before he died on July 18, according to a similar notice also provided by Trillium to the AP. A voicemail for his office tells callers that McKenzie was 'seriously ill' prior to his death and that his office is permanently closed."

(Source: https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-canada-doctors-deaths-covid-vaccines-352319081218)

AunBear89
Republicans are liars. Nothing surprising about this at all.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
dimitrig
AunBear89 said:

These people who believe lies posted to social media are the same people who think there is no way Russia could have influenced our elections using social media.

BearForce2
dimitrig said:

BearForce2 said:

Fake news.

"The hospital system for which the doctors worked called such claims 'simply not true.' Public information about the deaths indicates that two died from cancer. The third was 'seriously ill,' according to his office, though the exact cause of death hasn't been publicly reported.

An obituary for Segall, who died on July 17 at 49, said the otolaryngologist died after a 'ridiculously unfair and hard fought year-long battle with advanced lung cancer.'

Sawicki, meanwhile, died on July 19 and had stomach cancer, according to a GoFundMe page arranged by his wife, Iris, to raise money for a scholarship in his name for future medical students. Sawicki was a member of a surgical assisting team at Trillium, according to a hospital memorial notice provided to the AP.

McKenzie was a neurologist with the hospital system for nearly 40 years before he died on July 18, according to a similar notice also provided by Trillium to the AP. A voicemail for his office tells callers that McKenzie was 'seriously ill' prior to his death and that his office is permanently closed."

(Source: https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-canada-doctors-deaths-covid-vaccines-352319081218)

This is the tweet that hospital put out.

BearForce2

Dr. Paul Hannam, the Chief of Emergency Medicine and Program Medical Director at North York General Hospital (NYGH), died unexpectedly on Saturday while out for a run, according to his colleagues.

Arrhythmia? Vaccine?
BearForce2
dimitrig said:

AunBear89 said:

These people who believe lies posted to social media are the same people who think there is no way Russia could have influenced our elections using social media.

The Instragram post was real. The facts are that the doctors died. Which part is fake?
oski003
It is safe to assume that 3 of the 5 doctors posted did not die from an mRNA covid vaccine.
First Page Last Page
Page 72 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.