Stock Market

56,172 Views | 816 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by calbear93
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

DiabloWags said:

The biggest short on the board this year is coming soon.

Symbol: DJT

For a period of time he will actually be a billionaire.

Without the DWAC/DJT pump and dump, he's a BINO. The long term price target for that business is ... $0. Just a question as to how long the various fraud continues to prop it up.

I think that this will wind up being a long-term short of mine.
Could very well be the greatest "pump and dump" in history.

If it mimics what DWAC did (had a high of $175 before crashing to $10) it could very well be.
Literally traded one-third of the outstanding shares today.

I hope every MAGAT puts their life's savings into the IPO.

$40 Puts on it a year out were selling for $30 or so yesterday. You certainly aren't early on this action.

I dont really care about DWAC.

That was a 2021 trade.
DJT is what Im focused on.

A DWAC short or put holds post merger. It is practically the same thing. Duh.

How many times do I have to say that's NOT MYFOCUS.

Youre such a petulant whiny child.

You either are too stubborn to connect dots or are playing 4D chess. Congrats.
DiabloWags
Another whiney temper-tantrum.
That has NOTHING to do with me.

Shocker.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
calbear93
oski003 said:

calbear93 said:

DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

DiabloWags said:

The biggest short on the board this year is coming soon.

Symbol: DJT

For a period of time he will actually be a billionaire.

Without the DWAC/DJT pump and dump, he's a BINO. The long term price target for that business is ... $0. Just a question as to how long the various fraud continues to prop it up.

I think that this will wind up being a long-term short of mine.
Could very well be the greatest "pump and dump" in history.

If it mimics what DWAC did (had a high of $175 before crashing to $10) it could very well be.
Literally traded one-third of the outstanding shares today.

I hope every MAGAT puts their life's savings into the IPO.

Most IPOs will have the underwriters demanding lockups from insiders, including shareholders holding over 10% and directors/officers. Trump will not be able to sell for at least 60 days, but most likely 90 days. They don't want insiders selling while the underwriters are making a market for the stock. We will see where the stock is when he can sell.

Trump's not allowed to sell or borrow against any of his shares for six months, but that could change if a board consisting of his allies and family members agrees on it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/trump-could-sell-billions-in-truth-social-stock-early-if-a-board-consisting-of-his-son-and-former-colleagues-agrees/ar-BB1kmXSi?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=402c0b8f60c94be5aa7effcb900a5135&ei=22

That's right. Forgot that this was a SPAC transaction and not a private going public through an IPO involving underwriters. In a typical underwritten IPO, the underwriters would have to agree to release from a lockup agreement. SPAC process of merging with a public shell was hot for awhile and then died down because most SPACs didn't survive. I suspect this will die soon too.
DiabloWags
Trump owns 58.2% of the voting shares. This gives him power over the Directors who control the lockup period on his $3 billion plus in stock.

Its very possible that the typical 6-month period can be waived.
DiabloWags
I see no real media market advantage with Truth Social.

Trump has a license agreement requiring him to make any of his PERSONAL social media posts on Truth Social first, and to wait 6 hours before posting elsewhere.

But that exclusivity doesnt apply to his "political" content.

Moreover, Trump decides what is personal or political .... and that could include everything.

The Prospectus clearly states this possibility.

oski003
DiabloWags said:

I see no real media market advantage with Truth Social.

Trump has a license agreement requiring him to make any of his PERSONAL social media posts on Truth Social first, and to wait 6 hours before posting elsewhere.

But that exclusivity doesnt apply to his "political" content.

Moreover, Trump decides what is personal or political .... and that could include everything.

The Prospectus clearly states this possibility.

Why are you talking about a 2021 trade that is NOT YOUR FOCUS?
concordtom
Other than speculators who love all things Trump, who is going to invest in this thing?

I mean, I get it if people want to buy the stock on speculation that Trump will be elected president and somehow the stock will see incredible growth as he tries to destroy Twitter and turn it into Twitter. Or, donors who just want to give him money.
But, from anyone who is looking at this as a solid perspective business, do those people exist?

Because the truth is that truth social is, in the words of Henry Blodgett, a piece of *****
bearister
"Other than speculators who love all things Trump, who is going to invest in this thing?"

It was just a way of washing Russian and/or Saudi money being pumped into their puppet.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
Kara Swisher called it a Meme Stock.
Ha!
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

Why do you show how dumb you are EVERY SINGLE DAY HERE?

You constantly follow me around like a jilted high school girl.

I don't reply to you about how to make money in the market because you're a MORON.
Got that straight Mr. Novavax pumper?

You couldn't put me on IGNORE if your life depended on it.

That's how pathetic your life is.

DiabloWags
When a MORON posts thousands of times on a COVID VACCINE THREAD pumping a company that COLLAPSES from $300 to under $5 in only two years and his name turns out to be the mascot of the school that you got your Bus Ad degree from.

NOVAVAX

oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

I don't reply to you about how to make money in the market because you're a MORON.

DiabloWags

oski003
DiabloWags said:

When a MORON posts thousands of times on a COVID VACCINE THREAD pumping a company that COLLAPSES from $300 to under $5 in only two years and his name turns out to be the mascot of the school that you got your Bus Ad degree from.

NOVAVAX

I posted a couple times on this and sold it well before it dropped that low. I am not a fan of the stock although I thought it had a better chance to succeed even when approvals were slow.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

You sound terribly confused.

The Prospectus that I'm clearly referring to was filed just last month with the SEC.
It's a NEW PROSPECTUS for Truth Social that is my FOCUS.

Duh.

For example, Trump can cancel his "exclusivity" agreement with 30 days notice "at any tme on or after Feb. 2, 2025".

You really should stop talking about things that you know NOTHING about.
It makes you look like an idiot.

S-4/A (sec.gov)

oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

The Prospectus that I'm clearly referring to was filed just last month with the SEC.

Duh.

For example, Trump can cancel his "exclusivity" agreement with 30 days notice "at any tme on or after Feb. 2, 2025".

S-4/A (sec.gov)

You are terribly confused. That is DWAC reverse merging into Truth Social. Learn to read. You really should stop talking about things that you know NOTHING about.
It makes you look like an idiot. Seriously.
calbear93
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

Duh.

S-4/A (sec.gov)

You are terribly confused. That is DWAC reverse merging into Truth Social. Learn to read. You really should stop talking about things that you know NOTHING about.
It makes you look like an idiot. Seriously.
I am not sure I understand the disagreement. DWAC was a SPAC - special purpose acquisition company that raised funds as a blank check company that could merge with a private company to take the private company public. There were SEC reviews and shareholder approval required. It looks like they have the votes necessary to de-SPAC and the combined entity will start trading under the symbol DJT. Became a popular way for private to get acquired and go public immediately by merging with an already public blank-check company. No need for an IPO process with underwriters.
[url=https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/1849635/000119312524075440/d828196d8k.htm][/url]
https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/1849635/000119312524075440/d828196d8k.htm

One thing I will say is that if the Board waived the lock-up agreement and the price went down from the sales, there would be a very good breach of fiduciary duty claim by the other shareholders against not only the Board but also from the majority shareholder.
concordtom
I assume there will be Options trading on DJT.
Maybe trump can't engage in stock sales, but maybe he can engage in the options markets to lock in gains.
oski003
concordtom said:

I assume there will be Options trading on DJT.
Maybe trump can't engage in stock sales, but maybe he can engage in the options markets to lock in gains.

As discussed above, there was options trading on dwac.
Unit2Sucks
calbear93 said:

I am not sure I understand the disagreement. DWAC was a SPAC - special purpose acquisition company that raised funds as a blank check company that could merge with a private company to take the private company public. There were SEC reviews and shareholder approval required. It looks like they have the votes necessary to de-SPAC and the combined entity will start trading under the symbol DJT. Became a popular way for private to get acquired and go public immediately by merging with an already public blank-check company. No need for an IPO process with underwriters.
[url=https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/1849635/000119312524075440/d828196d8k.htm][/url]
https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/1849635/000119312524075440/d828196d8k.htm

One thing I will say is that if the Board waived the lock-up agreement and the price went down from the sales, there would be a very good breach of fiduciary duty claim by the other shareholders against not only the Board but also from the majority shareholder.
There are no guarantees in life, but what do you think the chances are of a shareholder lawsuit against DJT and Trump in the next year or so? The company, which he controls, now has $300M in cash. He is a crook who his spent his whole life bleeding companies dry and mixing business and personal expenses. This is exactly what happened with his last public company. He doesn't believe that rules apply to him and the board is primarily composed of his idiot nepo baby son and 3 of his political sycophants who appear to have no moral or ethical lines and will do whatever he asks.

Like with most things involving Trump, we know how it ends we just don't know when it ends. There is zero doubt that idiot MAGAts will be left holding the bag at some point. I suppose as long as Trump needs the stock price to be propped up, it will be by a variety of domestic and foreign agents interested in currying favor with Trump.

The current value of the business is likely negative - it's losing like $100M per year based on revenue of ~$5M (probably all from My Pillow lol), the user base is shrinking quickly and it's being run by Devin Nunes. The final nail in the coffin is that Twitter under Elno has become by far the preferred social media tool for right wing nut jobs and foreign agents looking to convert more Americans into useful idiots.

Anyone want to guess how quickly Trump starts draining Truth Social of the $300M in cash currently sitting on the books? He can probably do a day one dividend and clear $200M post taxes (since he has billions in carry forward losses, I doubt he'd pay even a penny).
calbear93
Unit2Sucks said:

calbear93 said:

There are no guarantees in life, but what do you think the chances are of a shareholder lawsuit against DJT and Trump in the next year or so? The company, which he controls, now has $300M in cash. He is a crook who his spent his whole life bleeding companies dry and mixing business and personal expenses. This is exactly what happened with his last public company. He doesn't believe that rules apply to him and the board is primarily composed of his idiot nepo baby son and 3 of his political sycophants who appear to have no moral or ethical lines and will do whatever he asks.

Like with most things involving Trump, we know how it ends we just don't know when it ends. There is zero doubt that idiot MAGAts will be left holding the bag at some point. I suppose as long as Trump needs the stock price to be propped up, it will be by a variety of domestic and foreign agents interested in currying favor with Trump.

The current value of the business is likely negative - it's losing like $100M per year based on revenue of ~$5M (probably all from My Pillow lol), the user base is shrinking quickly and it's being run by Devin Nunes. The final nail in the coffin is that Twitter under Elno has become by far the preferred social media tool for right wing nut jobs and foreign agents looking to convert more Americans into useful idiots.

Anyone want to guess how quickly Trump starts draining Truth Social of the $300M in cash currently sitting on the books? He can probably do a day one dividend and clear $200M post taxes (since he has billions in carry forward losses, I doubt he'd pay even a penny).
Would be interesting to see what they would be paying for D&O insurance, and who would want to be in that tower. If I were an independent director at the resulting company, I would want as much Side A coverage as possible knowing that the company may not have the assets to back up the indemnification agreement.
oski003
For those not calling people uninformed morons and pretending DWAC isn't merging into Truth Social, DWAC is up 38% today.
bear2034
oski003 said:

For those not calling people uninformed morons and pretending DWAC isn't merging into Truth Social, DWAC is up 38% today.

Nice! Even Democrats are buying?
Unit2Sucks
calbear93 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

calbear93 said:

Would be interesting to see what they would be paying for D&O insurance, and who would want to be in that tower. If I were an independent director at the resulting company, I would want as much Side A coverage as possible knowing that the company may not have the assets to back up the indemnification agreement.
I can't imagine they have any real independents but yes, totally agree.

It's not a real business and likely never will be. The SPAC got hit with insider trading charges in 2021 and paid a $18M SEC fine already. Trump's business partners are already suing him for diluting them by 90%. Hard to imagine a real "independent" stepping into that board knowing how much risk there is and how unlikely it is to end well. This is basically a nightmare scenario for a board member which is why it's filled with Trump loyalists. I'm sure he's promised them pardons or whatever, but they are likely going to regret being involved with this, as most people who work with Trump eventually do.

This is just typical Trump business - at this point the only question is how long they can fake it for and who will be propping up the stock before Trump extracts all the value he can.
calbear93
oski003 said:

Yes, Truth Social is going public through de-SPACing. DWAC was a shell corporation (SPAC) that was created to raise capital to purchase Truth Social. DWAC itself doesn't have any operations. Almost every single celebrity had their own SPAC at one point, including Shaq. An expensive way to acquire a company, and many companies going through de-SPACs, including even good ones like Proterra, went bankrupt soon thereafter after an initial spike. Most SPACs actually lose value after going public though de-SPACing while traditional IPOs go up in value.

SPACs provide a fast and more profit for private companies to go public, but it's not a better process for investors. Less transparency, small float creating volatility, and no underwriters supporting the market.

What multiple are people using to determine their enterprise value? What is their EBITDA and what is the peer multiple to the EBITDA? What is the growth rate, and what secular trends and untapped market is Truth Social addressing, and how does it have a competitive advantage to leverage that total addressable market?

What do you need to believe to invest in this company?
calbear93
Unit2Sucks said:

calbear93 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

calbear93 said:

It's not a real business and likely never will be. The SPAC got hit with insider trading charges in 2021 and paid a $18M SEC fine already. Trump's business partners are already suing him for diluting them by 90%. Hard to imagine a real "independent" stepping into that board knowing how much risk there is and how unlikely it is to end well. This is basically a nightmare scenario for a board member which is why it's filled with Trump loyalists. I'm sure he's promised them pardons or whatever, but they are likely going to regret being involved with this, as most people who work with Trump eventually do.

This is just typical Trump business - at this point the only question is how long they can fake it for and who will be propping up the stock before Trump extracts all the value he can.
Even as a controlled company, if they are going to be listed in Nasdaq, they would need to have some theoretical independents. The audit committee must meet the SEC independence requirement, as well as the compensation committee. As such, they need to find some people who will stick their neck out. And the insurance underwriters are going to assess the high risk of either a shareholder lawsuit or even a breach of fiduciary claim when pricing the D&O insurance.
Unit2Sucks
calbear93 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

calbear93 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

calbear93 said:

Even as a controlled company, if they are going to be listed in Nasdaq, they would need to have some theoretical independents. The audit committee must meet the SEC independence requirement, as well as the compensation committee. As such, they need to find some people who will stick their neck out. And the insurance underwriters are going to assess the high risk of either a shareholder lawsuit or even a breach of fiduciary claim when pricing the D&O insurance.
It's not a real company and has no actual business (or even any prospects to become a real business) so I don't think you will see any true "independents." You will get people who are technically independent but served in the Trump administration (like McMahon and Lighthizer) or are otherwise somehow involved in the Trump world.

I would imagine at some point in the near future the directors from the DWAC side of things step down because they are closer to being legitimate people and won't want to deal with this nonsense.

I think you are giving them too much credit if you assume this is anything other than a transparent ploy. Devin Nunes is the freaking CEO. This was never meant to run or operate like an actual business.
oski003
calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

Yes, Truth Social is going public through de-SPACing. DWAC was a shell corporation (SPAC) that was created to raise capital to purchase Truth Social. DWAC itself doesn't have any operations. Almost every single celebrity had their own SPAC at one point, including Shaq. An expensive way to acquire a company, and many companies going through de-SPACs, including even good ones like Proterra, went bankrupt soon thereafter after an initial spike. Most SPACs actually lose value after going public though de-SPACing while traditional IPOs go up in value.

SPACs provide a fast and more profit for private companies to go public, but it's not a better process for investors. Less transparency, small float creating volatility, and no underwriters supporting the market.

What multiple are people using to determine their enterprise value? What is their EBITDA and what is the peer multiple to the EBITDA? What is the growth rate, and what secular trends and untapped market is Truth Social addressing, and how does it have a competitive advantage to leverage that total addressable market?

I am watching the puts.
calbear93
oski003 said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

I am watching the puts.
I assume there will be a lot of money to be made with option trading based on the small public float something like this will have. There will be a lot of volatility, and a lot of arbitrage play before this eventually burns and crashes.
oski003
calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

I am watching the puts.
I assume there will be a lot of money to be made with option trading based on the small public float something like this will have. There will be a lot of volatility, and a lot of arbitrage play before this eventually burns and crashes.

DJT, which was DWAC, hit $79.38 this morning. Can it sustain the inflated price long enough for Trump to cash out?
Unit2Sucks
calbear93 said:

I'm just waiting for Trump to thank Joe Biden for producing TREMENDOUS stock market results, many would say the best ever. If not for Biden's stock market Trump's worthless social media company would never be trading at anywhere near it's current pump and pre-dump value.

In reality, DWAC's eventual failure will signify a sparkling end to the modern SPAC era. As you know, SPACs were basically used as an end-around IPO disclosure laws and were a boon for sponsors but terrible for investors (particularly retail investors). It was a short-lived phenomenon that started in the second half of Trump's term and crashed and burned in 2021 once the companies had to show actual results instead of the "projections" they were permitted to use in their de-SPAC transactions.

During the mania I attended quite a few conferences/events with SPAC-related programming. My favorite one had Chamath as the keynote speaker and he said that SPACs would be the dominant form of taking companies public for the foreseeable future lol. By then (early 2021) it was already clear to me that the SPAC days were numbered and within months they had largely crashed and burned.

Of course, DWAC is a bit different because it's not just a worthless company, it's a worthless company majority owned by a crook whom corrupt foreigners have many reasons to curry favor with. No longer needing to spend money at his stupid hotels and resorts, they can now legally bribe him by helping to maintain the inflated stock price of his faux social media business. Combined with the other forces pumping the stock, it will be hard to predict when it starts to approach actual value (which is negative at this point).

As I said earlier, we know how it ends we just don't know when it ends.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

calbear93 said:

I'm just waiting for Trump to thank Joe Biden for producing TREMENDOUS stock market results, many would say the best ever. If not for Biden's stock market Trump's worthless social media company would never be trading at anywhere near it's current pump and pre-dump value.

In reality, DWAC's eventual failure will signify a sparkling end to the modern SPAC era. As you know, SPACs were basically used as an end-around IPO disclosure laws and were a boon for sponsors but terrible for investors (particularly retail investors). It was a short-lived phenomenon that started in the second half of Trump's term and crashed and burned in 2021 once the companies had to show actual results instead of the "projections" they were permitted to use in their de-SPAC transactions.

During the mania I attended quite a few conferences/events with SPAC-related programming. My favorite one had Chamath as the keynote speaker and he said that SPACs would be the dominant form of taking companies public for the foreseeable future lol. By then (early 2021) it was already clear to me that the SPAC days were numbered and within months they had largely crashed and burned.

Of course, DWAC is a bit different because it's not just a worthless company, it's a worthless company majority owned by a crook whom corrupt foreigners have many reasons to curry favor with. No longer needing to spend money at his stupid hotels and resorts, they can now legally bribe him by helping to maintain the inflated stock price of his faux social media business. Combined with the other forces pumping the stock, it will be hard to predict when it starts to approach actual value (which is negative at this point).

I think the pattern is it pumps this morning into a slow death but then pumps a little again right before the lock up period expires. Obviously, a guess, but it It will probably be trading in the $30s or lower when Trump cashes out.
calbear93
Unit2Sucks said:

calbear93 said:

I agree with what you wrote about SPACs. All you need to know about the hype around SPACs is that Shaq had his own SPAC. Not sure if you would invest in a PE managed by Shaq, so not sure why you would invest in a blank-check acquisition company that will overpay for a private company to acquire and take public through the merger.

One correction is that it is not a boon to sponsors but a boon to the private companies. They will get more than they would in an acquisition by a PE or a strategic acquirers, and it would be faster and less regulated with less disclosure in the registration statement than doing a standard IPO with underwriters.

Even real, potentially breakthrough companies going through SPAC have suffered after an initial spike, including QuantumScape and Proterra. QuantumScape was trading as high as over 130 after the SPAC and is trading at about 6. That despite the fact that they are working on something potentially disruptive in EV industry - solid state lithium battery. Much more valuable than a second rate right wing twitter. But SPACs allow for speculation not tied to any valuation, with small float creating volatility and ability to manipulate stock with little investment or become a meme stock, etc. Whoever invests in DJT are probably the same type of smart investors who invested in Trump NFTs or coins. It will crash - just a matter of when. When you ask yourself how it could ever justify even in 10 years the valuation, you would have to just throw up your hands. Might as well invest in GameStop or AMC or dogecoin.
calbear93
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

calbear93 said:

I think the pattern is it pumps this morning into a slow death but then pumps a little again right before the lock up period expires. Obviously, a guess, but it It will probably be trading in the $30s or lower when Trump cashes out.
Will be interesting to see his 13D filing and his intentions. Won't be able to get away with a simplified 13G filing.
Unit2Sucks
calbear93 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

calbear93 said:

I agree with what you wrote about SPACs. All you need to know about the hype around SPACs is that Shaq had his own SPAC. Not sure if you would invest in a PE managed by Shaq, so not sure why you would invest in a blank-check acquisition company that will overpay for a private company to acquire and take public through the merger.

One correction is that it is not a boon to sponsors but a boon to the private companies. They will get more than they would in an acquisition by a PE or a strategic acquirers, and it would be faster and less regulated with less disclosure in the registration statement than doing a standard IPO with underwriters.

Even real, potentially breakthrough companies going through SPAC have suffered after an initial spike, including QuantumScape and Proterra. QuantumScape was trading as high as over 130 after the SPAC and is trading at about 6. That despite the fact that they are working on something potentially disruptive in EV industry - solid state lithium battery. Much more valuable than a second rate right wing twitter. But SPACs allow for speculation not tied to any valuation, with small float creating volatility and ability to manipulate stock with little investment or become a meme stock, etc. Whoever invests in DJT are probably the same type of smart investors who invested in Trump NFTs or coins. It will crash - just a matter of when. When you ask yourself how it could ever justify even in 10 years the valuation, you would have to just throw up your hands. Might as well invest in GameStop or AMC or dogecoin.
The boon to the private companies was often ephemeral. I have friends whose companies went public by de-SPAC and they often declined precipitously well before the lockups expired (one went down 98%!).

One "nice" thing about SPACs is that you can often negotiate to take some cash out at closing (typically only a few founders/execs) which gives you liquidity at the pre-negotiated purchase price but most of your money is still tied up in a public stock that is typically dropping like a rock. That, combined with the quicker time to IPO made de-SPACs attractive to a lot of people. The fact that you could use "projections" to pump up the value was what made everything work and is why so many SPACs happened for companies that had no business being public.

The sponsors tend to do quite well however because they don't really bring much to the table (very little work involved) and they often get out with plenty of walking around money regardless of how the companies do. With more sophisticated and desirable acquired businesses the sponsors' economics were negotiated down quite a bit but they still often made out like bandits.

One thing is clear - the retail investors who often get sucked into these SPACs are the most likely to be left holding the bag.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.