The Official Russian Invasion of Ukraine Thread

605,766 Views | 8668 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by Zippergate
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would prefer peace talks, but rumblings that Biden-Obama-Clinton want the US to escalate the war before the 2024 election.
BearHunter
movielover said:

I would prefer peace talks, but rumblings that Biden-Obama-Clinton want the US to escalate the war before the 2024 election.

"If the U.S. escalates, they will have no choice in the matter because Putin started the whole thing" - you know who
Big C
Cal88 said:

How Russia is winning the war - the Lancet drone:

The Lancet is a homemade loitering drone program which the Russians perfected during the war. It is the most efficient drone system in the world today, with a range of up to 70km and capable of destroying fast-moving vehicles. It is mass-produced in a giant plant with a unit cost around $10k - $15k.

In the 9min compilation above, the Russians destroyed nearly half a billion dollars' worth of equipment at a cost of less than a million $'s worth of Lancets. This weapon system is one of the reasons Russia is winning the war of attrition.

This drone ought to be super-easy to shut down: Just get the British medical journal The Lancet to sue the Rooskies for using the name without permission. Boom.

You're welcome.

(Why the heck aren't I doing consultant work for the Pentagon when I know darn well that's where the money is?)
Cal88
I don't think the Russkies are properly equipped to handle a posse of finicky and fastidious British lawyers, now this is the gamechanger NATO has been looking for.
movielover
At 65% in the polls, let's say President Trump survives the GOP primary vs the Globalist RINOs and their $600 Million from Wall Street Globalist exfiltrators of American wealth.

Would Biden-Obama-Clinton directly enter the war, or even use nukes?
Big C
Cal88 said:

I don't think the Russkies are properly equipped to handle a posse of finicky and fastidious British lawyers, now this is the gamechanger NATO has been looking for.

Especially if they still wear those wigs: scary!
Big C
movielover said:

At 65% in the polls, let's say President Trump survives the GOP primary vs the Globalist RINOs and their $600 Million from Wall Street Globalist exfiltrators of American wealth.

No. The last thing anybody wants is for this war to spread. And if you think they would let their decisions be based on politics, then no still, because it would also be bad politics.

Biden was the guy who got us out of Afghanistan, in case you don't remember.
Cal88
Quote:

I don't think so, I think the more realist faction within the Biden administration, along with the Pentagon, will start having more influence once it becomes clear even to those who have drunk the blue and yellow koolaid that there is no military solution for the current Ukrainian government, and that the longer this goes, the bigger the Russian win will become.
bearister
Russia-Ukraine war could end if counteroffensive is successful, says Zelensky

https://www.axios.com/2023/06/15/ukraine-counteroffensive-house-republicans-trump
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
movielover
Big C said:

movielover said:

No. The last thing anybody wants is for this war to spread. And if you think they would let their decisions be based on politics, then no still, because it would also be bad politics.

Biden got us into this war, and refused a peace deal Israeli PM Bennett and Zelensky had formed. Boris Johnson (USA) put the kabosh to it in case you don't remember.

Where the war sits today was predictable to honest brokers, yet there are still no voices of reason. We've marched over 300,000 Ukrainian men to their death, destroyed a country, hallowed out NATO, and arguably created the best army on the planet (not us).

General Milley spoke out against the war, and was quickly humbled. He could have resigned and stood by his comments.

P.S. No reasonable person can forget Biden, Blinken, and 40 generals disastrous pullout and arming of Middle eastern terrorists and handing over our technology.
sycasey
movielover said:

Biden got us into this war,

Pure delusion.
sonofabear51
Worse.
Start Slowly and taper off
Goldener Bar
sycasey said:

movielover said:

Pure delusion.
Without Biden, there's no reason for the U.S. to be in Ukraine at all
Big C
movielover said:

Big C said:

movielover said:

Biden got us into this war, and refused a peace deal Israeli PM Bennett and Zelensky had formed. Boris Johnson (USA) put the kabosh to it in case you don't remember.

Where the war sits today was predictable to honest brokers, yet there are still no voices of reason. We've marched over 300,000 Ukrainian men to their death, destroyed a country, hallowed out NATO, and arguably created the best army on the planet (not us).

General Milley spoke out against the war, and was quickly humbled. He could have resigned and stood by his comments.

P.S. No reasonable person can forget Biden, Blinken, and 40 generals disastrous pullout and arming of Middle eastern terrorists and handing over our technology.

Here's why, with respect, I find your position laughable:

If Biden and the Dems had played "peacenik" and resisted helping Ukraine... and if Fox News had then decided that -- USA! USA! -- we need to get in there and stop the threat of that evil Commie, Putin ("This is just like Hitler in 1939!"), you would be soooooo for this war, it wouldn't be funny.
sycasey
Goldener Bar said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

Pure delusion.

Just to reiterate the truth:

1. Russia started this war, not anyone else.
2. The US is aiding Ukraine, but is not "in" the war. Our soldiers are not fighting.

That's all.
DiabloWags
Goldener Bar said:

It disappoints me greatly that an otherwise pretty sharp guy is falling for this narrative. I'd like to have a serious conversation with you about why this war is so bad, but I'm skeptical that I could get through to you on this.

Most of the rest of the pro-war guys are beyond help.

And you've never believed in freedom for all or American exceptionalism.
movielover
Wrong. I was duped by Colin Powell into the first war under dim George Bush Jr. I'm tired of pointless wars 5,000 miles away from our country while our cities implode and our border is wide open.
movielover
sycasey said:

Goldener Bar said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

Pure delusion.

2. The US is aiding Ukraine, but is not "in" the war. Our soldiers are not fighting.

That's all.

History is relevant.

0. The world watched our disastrous pullout in Afghanistan.
1. We helped topple a duly elected PM.
2. Our allies openly stated Minsk I and II were purposeful delay tactics.
3. We led NATOs military buildup in Ukraine.
4. President Biden made no efforts at peace talks with Putin.
5. The US stopped Zelenskys planned peace negotiations with PM Bennett of Israel early in this SMO.
6. Victoria Nuland has been in the middle of this for years; six months ago she was urging Ukraine to strike Crimea.
7. President Biden said he would stop Nordstream 2. Writer Seymour Hersh says the USA blew up the Russian pipelines, an act of war.

Colonel McGregor now thinks leaders in Ukraine should be brought up on murder charges.

Goldener Bar
sycasey said:

Goldener Bar said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

Pure delusion.

That's all.
Just to reiterate the truth, Russia and Ukraine could be at war and there's still no reason why the U.S. needs to be involved.
Goldener Bar
DiabloWags said:

Goldener Bar said:

It disappoints me greatly that an otherwise pretty sharp guy is falling for this narrative. I'd like to have a serious conversation with you about why this war is so bad, but I'm skeptical that I could get through to you on this.

And you've never believed in freedom for all or American exceptionalism.
You've convinced me that the Peter Principle is real though
Big C
Goldener Bar said:

Big C said:

movielover said:

Big C said:

movielover said:

Here's why, with respect, I find your position laughable:

If Biden and the Dems had played "peacenik" and resisted helping Ukraine... and if Fox News had then decided that -- USA! USA! -- we need to get in there and stop the threat of that evil Commie, Putin ("This is just like Hitler in 1939!"), you would be soooooo for this war, it wouldn't be funny.

I'm not sure what you believe my position to be, but I have stated it a number of times here and, believe me, the "pro-war guys" do not agree with a lot of it. It's a little late at night to be stating it again, but I'm sure it can be found somewhere very early in this thread.
movielover
This may have been part of Putin's 3.5 hour press conference.

sycasey
Goldener Bar said:

sycasey said:

Goldener Bar said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

Pure delusion.

That's all.
Just to reiterate the truth, Russia and Ukraine could be at war and there's still no reason why the U.S. needs to be involved.
So you don't foresee any negative consequences if we just let Russia take Ukraine, which is basically what you're asking for here?
sycasey
movielover said:

sycasey said:

Goldener Bar said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

Pure delusion.

That's all.

History is relevant.

5. The US stopped Zelenskys planned peace negotiations with PM Bennett of Israel early in this SMO.
6. Victoria Nuland has been in the middle of this for years; six months ago she was urging Ukraine to strike Crimea.
7. President Biden said he would stop Nordstream 2. Writer Seymour Hersh says the USA blew up the Russian pipelines, an act of war.
Here's the problem with this argument:

To make the argument that the US is responsible, you have to do this 8-point conspiracy theory thing. To make the argument that Russia is responsible, all I have to say is: "They invaded another country." Pretty simple.
Cal88
"We use Ukraine to weaken Russia" is simple enough.
Goldener Bar
sycasey said:

Goldener Bar said:

sycasey said:

Goldener Bar said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

Pure delusion.

That's all.
So you don't foresee any negative consequences if we just let Russia take Ukraine, which is basically what you're asking for here?
I see negative consequences for Ukraine, but not for the U.S.
Goldener Bar
sycasey said:

movielover said:

sycasey said:

Goldener Bar said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

Pure delusion.

That's all.

History is relevant.

To make the argument that the US is responsible, you have to do this 8-point conspiracy theory thing. To make the argument that Russia is responsible, all I have to say is: "They invaded another country." Pretty simple.
Here's the problem with your argument

Absent the threat of NATO, Russia has no reason to feel threatened by Ukraine.
sycasey
Goldener Bar said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

sycasey said:

Goldener Bar said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

Pure delusion.

That's all.

History is relevant.

Here's the problem with your argument

Absent the threat of NATO, Russia has no reason to feel threatened by Ukraine.

Russia faced no threat from Ukraine anyway.
sycasey
Cal88 said:

"We use Ukraine to weaken Russia" is simple enough.

And then Russia obliged by starting a stupid and disastrous war. They didn't have to.
movielover
Russia and Ukraine had a workable peace deal in April 2022, with Russia withdrawing troops and Crimea lease?

movielover
sycasey said:

movielover said:

sycasey said:

Goldener Bar said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

Pure delusion.

That's all.

History is relevant.

Global Warming caused by man-made CO2 = hypothesis

The above 8 items = documented facts

NATO / US military on Russia's western border is a well-known existential threat. See Cuban missile crisis.
movielover

DiabloWags
Russian economy continues to implode.

Russian companies reporting in the first quarter of this year the biggest shortage of personnel since data collection began in 1998, according to the Russian Central Bank.

The loss of human capital is a disaster for their economy.

movielover
MOSCOW, April 14 (Reuters) - "Russia's economy ministry revised higher on Friday its 2023 gross domestic product (GDP) forecast to 1.2% growth from a 0.8% contraction, but lowered its forecast for 2024, ..."
Unit2Sucks
DiabloWags said:

Russian economy continues to implode.

Russian companies reporting in the first quarter of this year the biggest shortage of personnel since data collection began in 1998, according to the Russian Central Bank.

The loss of human capital is a disaster for their economy.

If you would just listen to the propaganda Russia wants you to hear you would see everything is going great in Russia. Their manufacturing sector is taking off and they now make the most advanced small FPV drones in the world.

Ooops

As for human capital shortages, they aren't having trouble finding people to serve in their military,

Ooops.

But you can tell by what's really going on that Putin has moved onto Plan B in Ukraine which was always his ultimate aim - destroy Ukraine and ensure there is no economic competition. That's why Russia blew up the dam and is using its artillery not for military gain but to wreak as much havoc as possible across Ukraine. A destroyed Ukraine has always been the end game. Just like Ellsberg showed that "bombing the ****" out of Vietnam didn't endear us to Vietnamese, Russia's destruction of Ukraine is not intended to benefit the Russian minority he pretends to care about. Adding Ukraine to Russian territory would have been a feather in his cap, but Putin will be perfectly happy to just eliminate Ukraine altogether.

First Page Last Page
Page 155 of 248

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.