The Official Russian Invasion of Ukraine Thread

802,907 Views | 9692 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Cal88
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lifted from NYT:

Russia Sends Waves of Troops to the Front in a Brutal Style of Fighting DNyuz

https://dnyuz.com/2024/06/27/russia-sends-waves-of-troops-to-the-front-in-a-brutal-style-of-fighting/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
movielover
Several talking heads have said Ukraine is losing 1,000 to 2,000 soldiers a day.

Months ago UKR KIA was estimate at 600,000, with 100,000 amputees. Hence, recruiting / capturing men in their 40s and 50s to fight.

No mention of Ukraine's minimal training and forced recruitment off of the streets.

A potential looming escalation is if we send them F15s, which will reportedly be based in protected hangers in Moldova, with a token stop off in Poland or elsewhere. If so, will Russia hit Moldova?
movielover
McGregor claims this looks like the last days in Ukraine. Claims UKR lost 13,000 men last week, gained 3-4,000 new 'recruits' from Odessa.

Claims Russia has 300K soldiers northeast of Kiev (??), and 100K in Belarus.

Worries about consequences if Russia goes after a USA satellite.

https://www.youtube.com/live/H6odZYnQq68?si=gwspWZXS8lFIbgdy
movielover
NYTimes: Russia Maintains Punishing Pace of Deadly Strikes on Ukrainian Cities

A barrage on Vilniansk, a town in the south, killed seven, including three children, as attacks across Ukraine in the past few days have left dozens dead, according to local authorities.

Russia captures two more villages

movielover
Jeffrey Sachs says NATO ramping up direct involvement in Ukraine - systems operators.

Cal88
movielover said:

NYTimes: Russia Maintains Punishing Pace of Deadly Strikes on Ukrainian Cities

A barrage on Vilniansk, a town in the south, killed seven, including three children, as attacks across Ukraine in the past few days have left dozens dead, according to local authorities.

Russia captures two more villages

Deceptive NYT headline, "Deadly Strikes on Ukrainian Cities" implies that the Russians are bombing cities, when in fact the fighting is deliberately being confined to small Donbas towns whose population has fled long ago.

There is indeed a lot of casualties though, almost all from the Ukrainian army, who has been losing around 1,500 men per day the last couple of months.

This has been the pattern all along, Ukraine holding fortified outposts like Bakhmut, Avdiivka, Chasiv Yar for far too long and getting absolutely pummeled with artillery, gliding bombs, instead of ceding ground, in order to keep morale high enough.

Cal88

Zippergate
It's a good thing Azov doesn't exist. Meanwhile, white supremacy is the "top security threat" in the US.

movielover
Zelensky yesterday said he was open to peace talks on his terms.
bearister
movielover said:

Zelensky yesterday said he was open to peace talks on his terms.

What peace talks? Putin has been advised through back channels that after the election he can have Eastern Europe for the price of a tRump Tower in Moscow…and that negotiation is now legal.

movielover
But it's the Biden family that had 227 bank accounts and no service or goods to sell, beyond influence. The Biden family allegedly made tens of millions from Ukraine and China. Project much?
bearister
The best part of the immunity decision is that tRump will no longer have to delay receiving the fruits of pay to play now that he can't be punished.

Trump Tower is coming to Saudi Arabia | CNN Business*

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/01/business/trump-tower-saudi-arabia/index.html

*Thanks to stories like this and Jarvanka getting their paws on $2,000,000,000 Saudi, I don't have to use qualifiers like "allegedly" when talking about the tRumps.
movielover
You sound envious. A family with an actual, tangible business.
bearister
I'm not envious because I wouldn't want the narrow shoulders, wide hips and small hands that run in the tRump family.*

*Nor the synthetic monster women that surround them.
movielover
So Melania Trump intimidates you.

oski003
Ukraine puts down a coup

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/02/europe/ukraine-thwarts-coup-attempt-intl-hnk/index.html
movielover
Edit
Zippergate
If only President Harris were unburdened by what has been.

movielover
Idiot. Russia is far stronger than 2 years ago.

bear2034
movielover said:

Idiot. Russia is far stronger than 2 years ago.
Another RINO exposed.
bear2034

The Democrats are in the process of reinventing Kamala Harris.
movielover
bear2034 said:

Imagine her in 2 debates. I think the laugh is uncontrollable.
Big C
movielover said:

bear2034 said:

Imagine her in 2 debates. I think the laugh is uncontrollable.

Her debate prep czars would just tell her not to guffaw like she does. I hear that is the best way to control nervous reactions: tell 'em to stop it!

And we all know the Democrat Party has the most brilliant debate prep experts. Look at what they did with Biden in only ten days! Some may think I'm being sarcastic (again), but check it out: He almost fell asleep... but he didn't!
Cal88
World Bank upgrades Russia to 'high-income country' as war-driven economy grows
  • The country's GDP grew 3.6 per cent last year amid demand for military goods and services

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-economy-world-bank-upgrade-high-income-country-war-sanctions-2024-7

The Ruble has been stable, trading in the 80s range vs the USD,
movielover
Is the North Korea deal as big as I think it is? NK continues to mnf ammunition, rockets, and eventually minerals for Russia; and RUS sends food and technology.
Cal88
movielover said:

Is the North Korea deal as big as I think it is? NK continues to mnf ammunition, rockets, and eventually minerals for Russia; and RUS sends food and technology.

Russia wants to keep its peacetime economy going and is facing labor shortages. They would rather outsource some production to NK than have to import workers. They are also outsourcing civilian production (cars, tractors etc) to neighbors like Kazakhstan and Belarus.

As to the minerals, I guess you are referring to NK rare earth reserves, which are supposedly massive:

https://thediplomat.com/2014/01/north-korea-may-have-two-thirds-of-worlds-rare-earths/
movielover
Given all their land and resources, I'd really have a PR, economic, and social strategies to boost birth rates and marriage. They could also offer citizenship to Central and South Americans.
movielover
Estonia's PM, a hardliner Russiaphobe, will become the EUs top diplomat?

Europe's Iron Lady: Estonian prime minister Kaja Kallas

The New Statesman: The Baltic leader has become the EU's strongest advocate for an uncompromising response to Russia.

https://www.newstatesman.com/international-content/2024/06/estonian-prime-minister-kaja-kallas-russia-profile
bearister
It all makes sense now why tRump Redux will occur:

Russia's Popularity With Americans Is Growing - Newsweek

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-popularity-growing-americans-pew-1920571

*I never figured out why tRump fought the narrative that he is a Russian asset so hard. It just makes him more beloved by America.
movielover
Biden:
- his son has million-dollar ties to Ukraine
- said he would tolerate a small Russian incursion into Ukraine
- got us into war in Ukraine
- refused to speak with Putin pre SMO
- killed an agree-to peace agreement
- his minions said they wanted to "weaken" Russia
- was never able to accelerate adequate ammunition production
- we're not talking to Russia today
- NATO is eviscerated
- immediately refused recent Putin request for talks
- Russia has reportedly killed over 650,000 Ukrainians w another 200K amputees

President Trump
- peace w Russia
- no land grab
Big C
bearister said:

*I never figured out why tRump fought the narrative that he is a Russian asset so hard. It just makes him more beloved by America.

I can certainly see Russia's appeal to a segment of the American population. Maybe they should work over there for a couple of years or so and see how it is! Warning: Make sure, if you go for the golden shower, the cameras aren't running...
movielover
"golden shower" - confirmed TDS.
movielover
I hope TC does more homework this time.

Cal88
Big C said:

bearister said:

I can certainly see Russia's appeal to a segment of the American population. Maybe they should work over there for a couple of years or so and see how it is! Warning: Make sure, if you go for the golden shower, the cameras aren't running...

The flipside is really the relevant part here, there is a definite prevalent and irrational prejudice against Russians and Russian culture in the West, especially in America. Generations have grown up in the Cold War with the stereotypes of Boris, Natasha and Ivan Drago. That tendency has been exacerbated with the Trump and "Russiagate" phenomenon.

There is as well a similar prejudice towards Muslims/Arabs and towards the Chinese, which is also being exploited in the conduct of aggressive foreign policies towards parts of east and west Asia.

The irony here is that Putin has pro-western tendencies, being from St Petersburg and having been stationed in Berlin, he really did try to get along back in the 2000s, and even later on, up to the Minsk Agreements.
movielover
Given terrorist attacks and what's happening across Europe, feelings about the Middle East seem rational.

Other points spot on. Russia appears to be a conservative, traditional, Christian nation. Like Ukraine.
First Page Last Page
Page 262 of 278

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.