The Official Russian Invasion of Ukraine Thread

803,346 Views | 9692 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Cal88
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is she trolling herself?
Cal88
WYSIWYG.
sycasey
Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

golden sloth said:

movielover said:

[ and declared Ukraine would be defeated in mere months after the invasion,]

I haven't read that here.

I know, you simply dont read.

That was said by a few posters during the initial march to Kyiv. It is very sad that the pro NATO warhawks who have been repeatedly wrong about the war every single month since then use that as proof that the other side got things wrong.

The same people also said Russia wouldn't invade in the first place.

This is your level of understanding of geopolitics related to this topic:

A 100% correct statement by Kamala Harris.
Cal88
A statement unburdened by what has been.
Cal88
Some good news about the prospects of a settlement:

"According to some sources, Kuleba mentioned in his conversation with the Chinese Foreign Minister that Kiev is ready to negotiate with the Russian side."
Zippergate
But will NATO?
movielover
Zippergate said:

But will NATO?

Orban had to hide his peace efforts from the West (read USA).
Cal88
movielover said:

Zippergate said:

But will NATO?

Orban had to hide his peace efforts from the West (read USA).

Quote:

But will NATO?

Orban answered today:

"The European football championship has just ended.

I always say that when they're playing football the kids in the yard are in a bunch, because everyone's running to where the ball is.

When the pros play, no one goes to where the ball is, but everyone goes to where the ball will be.

And this is also the essence of politics.

We need to know where the epicentre of events will be, where the centre will be.

And, because of the Chinese and the Americans, we're well aware of the fact that after November there will be a political era weighted towards peace.

And we're staying out of it, instead of seeing where the ball is and positioning ourselves accordingly.

Because we, our continent, as the European Union, could be the world power advocating peace more strongly than anyone.

That could be our task!

But as our ladies and gentlemen have dug themselves neck-deep into frontline trenches, it's difficult for them to climb out and promote a negotiated peace policy instead of a trench war policy.

This is their problem. This will take time.

But the essence of the peace mission is perseverance.

It's not a matter of going out, preaching a couple of sermons, and seeing peace arrive with everyone coming to their senses.

It's a matter of methodical work: it has to be done continuously, systematically, every day.

Every day I talk to someone about some possibility, some detail, some new initiatives.

And this is what has to be done, throughout this whole six months, until there's a ceasefire.

The operative word is perseverance.

And Europe will turn; it's just very difficult to get out of the trenches that they're in now and turn the situation around.

But one thing's for sure: it will all turn around by the day of the US presidential election at the latest.

It will just be better if it's not a panicky, hasty turnaround, but a well-considered process of moving from a pro-war policy to a pro-peace European policy.

That would be in everyone's interest."
movielover
Biden won't, can't even talk to Putin. The USA ended a peace treaty!
Cal88
movielover
^^Still can't produce ammo^^
Cal88
I guess that's why they are putting their war plans 3 years down the road...
bear2034
bearister said:

Fox News wrote a check for $787,000,000 to Dominion Voting Systems for lying. Fox News wasn't interested in writing another check so it fired its biggest liar Tucker Carlson.
movielover
Russia making progress along the whole front (?), moving on Kupiansk. Russia retreating forward ...

movielover
FAFO

Cal88
movielover said:

FAFO

It looks like NATO got back at Russia by enabling an Al Qaeda attack on Wagner forces imbedded with Mali army troops in northern Mali, up to 50 Russian mercs killed or captured.

bearister
Putin's Wagner Group mercenaries got thrashed in the African desert and Ukraine says it helped

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-claimed-role-wagner-group-defeat-mali-2024-7
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
movielover
CIA?
movielover
bearister
Putin called him a patriot. But who is Vadim Krasikov, a Russian released in the mass prisoner swap? - ABC News

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/putin-called-patriot-vadim-krasikov-russian-released-mass-112480155

*They say Putin hugged Vadim Krasikov after his release and return to Mother Russia today.
My question:

Is Krasikov a "bad hitman" as alleged by those criticizing Biden for this exchange or is he a "good hitman" because Putin finds him huggable, a patriot and the killer of a dirty rotten b@$tard?

*Sometimes you guys speak out of both sides of your mouth simultaneously, which can happen at times like this when you are Biden haters and Putin fanboys.
Cal88
bearister said:

Putin called him a patriot. But who is Vadim Krasikov, a Russian released in the mass prisoner swap? - ABC News

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/putin-called-patriot-vadim-krasikov-russian-released-mass-112480155

*They say Putin hugged Vadim Krasikov after his release and return to Mother Russia today.
My question:

Is Krasikov a "bad hitman" as alleged by those criticizing Biden for this exchange or is he a "good hitman" because Putin finds him huggable, a patriot and the killer of a dirty rotten b@$tard?

*Sometimes you guys speak out of both sides of your mouth simultaneously, which can happen at times like this when you are Biden haters and Putin fanboys.

This is Khangoshvili, the man that Krasikov assassinated:

Pro-Russian sources claim that this man, a Chechnian jihadi from Georgia, tortured and killed Russian POWs in pretty gruesome ways, allegedly by driving his car over their heads. If that is true, then it would explain why Russia would send a high-ranking hitman to kill Khangoshvili, Krasikov being a colonel in the FSB.
bearister
Well then Biden shouldn't be criticized for trading a bad hitman.
Cal88
bearister said:

Agreed, but he's painted himself into a corner by characterizing Putin as a "killer" and painting Russians in general as cartoon villains.
golden sloth
Cal88 said:

bearister said:

Agreed, but he's painted himself into a corner by characterizing Putin as a "killer" and painting Russians in general as cartoon villains.

Well, every single man, woman, and child that dies during the Russian invasion of Ukraine, died as a result of Vladimir Putin's unilateral and unjustified decision to initiate a war of conquest.

So yes, Putin is a killer.
Cal88
golden sloth said:

Cal88 said:

bearister said:

Well, every single man, woman, and child that dies during the Russian invasion of Ukraine, died as a result of Vladimir Putin's unilateral and unjustified decision to initiate a war of conquest.

Putin has got a whole lot of catching up to do as far as killing women and children.

Chapman_is_Gone
Cal88 said:

golden sloth said:

Cal88 said:

bearister said:

Putin has got a whole lot of catching up to do as far as killing women and children.

I love watching the little rats scurry when the IDF bombs rain down on them… Don't like it? Get a new government to represent you…
Big C

Screw the Rooskies!

Everybody's loss that we couldn't buddy up with them, back in the '90s, when we had the chance, but right now, screw 'em.
movielover
Haley = low IQ.
AunBear89
movielover said:

American Conservative Voters= low IQ.

FIFY
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Cal88
edit - wrong thread
Cal88
bearister
Steve Rosenberg: Ukraine's incursion shows Russia's war is not going to plan - BBC News

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cy4y3529v7vo
dajo9
First invasion of Russia since World War 2 seems like a bad thing for Putin, who is dead. Russia said to be evacuating citizens.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2024/8/12/has-ukraines-incursion-into-russias-kursk-changed-dynamics-of-the-war
"The rules were that you were not going to fact check"
MAGA
Cal88
It was a big coup for Ukraine to have managed to have operational surprise over the Russians, who were caught with their pants down. NATO ISR helped identify the weakest spot along the Russian border and they went for it. There is a Polish and French contingent among the 5k-8k troops that made the breakthrough.

It was also a much-needed win for Ukraine after a long string of losses that started in Bakhmut last year, their morale had been seriously weakened, and now the focus is shifted away from the main fronts in the Donbas where Ukraine has been constantly ceding ground.

This being said, it's going to be hard for Ukraine to hold on to these territories without any air cover and once the Russians fully invest that region, as this is going to be a high priority for Russia going forward, and the Ukrainian supply lines are going to be stretched thin, Ukraine will have to make the same decision they have faced in Bakhmut, whether to take heavy losses in an attempt to hold on or to retreat from these positions in the Fall and live another day.
dajo9
It's a good thing you're here for Mother Russia
"The rules were that you were not going to fact check"
MAGA
First Page Last Page
Page 266 of 278

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.