THE OFFICIAL BI HOT 'LANTA DEBATE THREAD: THE BUILD UP/THE DEBATE/POST DEBATE SPIN

9,876 Views | 177 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bear2034
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?

tRump calls Biden a "worthy debater" ahead of their CNN showdown

https://www.axios.com/2024/06/20/trump-biden-debate-all-in-podcast

"tRump, who has questioned Biden's mental acuity and physical stamina, has previously baselessly suggested his rival relies on drugs for such public performances.

I assume he's going to be somebody that will be a worthy debater. I don't want to underestimate him, tRump added."

So Biden has Alzheimer's and he is also and able debater*. I think I get it:

* In gambling they call it tRump hedging his bet.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
Trump-Biden debate will be defined by viral moments

https://www.axios.com/2024/06/20/trump-biden-debate-viral-moments
Big C

No pressure, Mr. President, only the fate of democracy and the free world on your shoulders, should you act your age...
concordtom
bearister said:

Trump-Biden debate will be defined by viral moments

https://www.axios.com/2024/06/20/trump-biden-debate-viral-moments

Perhaps the day before the debate, SCOTUS will declare that the President has complete immunity if executing Official Acts on behalf of the union, and so in his opening statement Biden will whip out one of those hand-gun machine-guns and put twenty slugs into the big fat orange narcissist liar.

That would be a viral moment, indeed.

Former President Donald Trump's lawyer (Mr. Sauer) was asked (by Judge Pan) about presidential immunity.
bearister
Donald Trump prepares response in case of strong Biden debate performance

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4732319-donald-trump-joe-biden-cnn-debate/

"Former President Trump and his allies are laying the foundation to dismiss a strong debate performance by President Biden as a charade.

Trump and other conservatives have in recent days floated the baseless claim that if Biden does well at next week's debate in Atlanta, it will be because he's using some kind of performance enhancer.

The claims echo a similar strategy Trump and others used to downplay Biden's well-received State of the Union speech earlier in the year. They also come as some Republicans worry Biden will defy the caricature that Trump and right-wing media have painted of him as a feeble, confused old man."

*A good con man always has several back up explanations in his bag of tricks. In the last week we have gone from Hannity floating the idea that tRump should back out to Biden may do well but he is on PEDs.
concordtom
What I think will happen is that Trump will yell at Biden (interruptions) across the stage just to throw him off and make it appear to the WWF crowd of voters that he's more powerful.

Biden thinks cutting the mic was a win in the pre-debate negotiations. Trump is like, who cares, I'm still going to interrupt you!

It'll probably work, too.
bearister
tRump has been declared the winner of every debate he has participated in.The Moderators have always been intimidated by him and have allowed him to talk over other people's answers and do whatever he wants (like walk behind HRH).

Mics of both debaters will be muted when it isn't their turn to speak. Do you consider stopping tRump from talking over Biden's answers unfair?

In this debate we are going to find out if Biden is senile like tRump suggests.

We are also going to find out if tRump is intellectually incapable of listening to the question posed, mentally processing it, and giving an answer responsive to the question posed.

There is a reason tRump's attorneys never let him testify in court. The first reason is he is always liable (Civil case) or guilty (Criminal), the 2nd reason will become evident during the debate.
bear2034

Elder abuse? Is Joe Biden being held against his will? An actor in a mask?
bearister
According to former Apprentice staff member, Noel Kasler, tRump will require two diaper changes in 90 minutes. Will Keith "Wet Wipes" Schiller come out of retirement?
bear2034

Did Biden take a shat in the middle of a D-Day ceremony in France?
bear2034
bearister
Seems like the Republicans are laying heavy pipe so they can explain how the really dumb guy lost the debate to the senile guy.
tRump's handler's learned when tRump was habitually violating the gag order that they have no control over what comes out of his mouth and they are scared sh@itless.
AunBear89
Wow. The clown car is full of frightened little MAGA clowns.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Big C
bearister said:

Seems like the Republicans are laying heavy pipe so they can explain how the really dumb guy lost the debate to the senile guy.
tRump's handler's learned when tRump was habitually violating the gag order that they have no control over what comes out of his mouth and they are scared sh@itless.

"Biden, with his many, many decades of experience in politics, is a pretty good debater."

"Biden will be jacked up on the best drugs money can buy."

"CNN, (the Communist News Network), will be providing him the questions well in advance.

"Some of Merrick Garland's Deep State flunkies left a mysterious "delusion powder" on Trump's podium."

"Atlanta, being in the southern portion of the US, provides the proven "reverse polarity" effect, which makes Trump seem like the senile one, not Biden."
concordtom
bearister said:

tRump has been declared the winner of every debate he has participated in.The Moderators have always been intimidated by him and have allowed him to talk over other people's answers and do whatever he wants (like walk behind HRH).

Mics of both debaters will be muted when it isn't their turn to speak. Do you consider stopping tRump from talking over Biden's answers unfair?

In this debate we are going to find out if Biden is senile like tRump suggests.

We are also going to find out if tRump is intellectually incapable of listening to the question posed, mentally processing it, and giving an answer responsive to the question posed.

There is a reason tRump's attorneys never let him testify in court. The first reason is he is always liable (Civil case) or guilty (Criminal), the 2nd reason will become evident during the debate.

Trump will not be restrained or constrained by anyone or anything. Thursday is going to be freewheeling and he's going to crap all over the stage.

A nation which has grown up on WWF and Survivor will eat it up.
The unfortunate thing is, choosing for a military commander, an international peace and partnership leader, an economic policy director, and the protector of our democratic Union is a completely different thing.

American Democracy is very much on trial, and the judges don't know what they are doing. Amusing ourselves to death.
bearister
I think Musk should equip tRump with a Neuralink brain chip for the debate:

…and Biden should sport some Google glass:
bearister
After that debate, I'm going to be the first guy to post in this thread that the narrative tRump is stupid turned out to be a big con and that all these guys are liars:*

-Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Trump had the understanding of "a fifth- or sixth-grader."

-White House chief of staff John Kelly called Trump "an idiot."

-Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon said in November 2017 that Trump was "like an 11-year-old child."

-Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in July 2017 called Trump a "moron."

-McMaster also said Trump was a "dope" with the intelligence of a "kindergartner."

-Both Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and former chief of staff Reince Priebus called Trump an "idiot."

-Former economic adviser Gary Cohn said Trump was "dumb as sh@it."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/04/trumps-insults-idiot-woodward-806455

*If it plays out that way.

** …or maybe it will play out that tRump will come into the debate armed with as many talking points as his mind can memorize, and then regurgitate them in response to questions posed that have nothing to do with the talking point he spews in his answer. This was a common occurrence when I took depositions of real estate agents sued for fraud….and tRump was into real estate fraud too so……
bearister
tRump has a new "victim" narrative:

'He Can Fall Off The Stage!' Trump Complains He's Called 'Cognitively Impaired' Over 'One Word' But Biden Can 'Run Into Walls' And It's 'Fine'

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/he-can-fall-off-the-stage-trump-complains-hes-called-cognitively-impaired-over-one-word-but-biden-can-run-into-walls-and-its-fine/

"I go for two hours without teleprompters."*

*So can somebody with a concussion and a microphone.

AunBear89
bearister said:

tRump has a new "victim" narrative:

'He Can Fall Off The Stage!' Trump Complains He's Called 'Cognitively Impaired' Over 'One Word' But Biden Can 'Run Into Walls' And It's 'Fine'

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/he-can-fall-off-the-stage-trump-complains-hes-called-cognitively-impaired-over-one-word-but-biden-can-run-into-walls-and-its-fine/

"I go for two hours without teleprompters."*

*So can somebody with a concussion and a microphone.

I hope the first question of the debate is "Gentlemen, can you share your opinions on dishwashing machines? "President" Trump, you have three minutes."
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
I think Team tRump is laying the foundation to counter any report that tRump came off schizoid at the debate by claiming it is simply media bias.
bearister
Trump's weird words: What's behind his rally rants

https://www.axios.com/2024/06/24/trump-weird-words-rally-rants-biden-2024-election

Here are the policy ideas Trump talks about the most

https://www.axios.com/2024/05/16/trump-policy-speeches-favorite-phrases-analysis
bear2034
140 Days Til No Joe said:

bearister said:

Trump's weird words: What's behind his rally rants
https://www.axios.com/2024/06/24/trump-weird-words-rally-rants-biden-2024-election

Here are the policy ideas Trump talks about the most
https://www.axios.com/2024/05/16/trump-policy-speeches-favorite-phrases-analysis

Democrats are Commies in Drag? Not bad.
bearister
Big C

Breaking: Supposedly, they have found the infamous "pee tape" and are holding it to be released 48 hours before the second debate, if needed.
dajo9
bearister said:

I don't plan to watch. Debates are a stupid spectacle of American politics.
He / Him
bearister
……but what if he snaps like this and you could have seen it live….

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said Trump had the understanding of "a fifth- or sixth-grader."

-White House chief of staff John Kelly called Trump "an idiot."

-Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon said in November 2017 that Trump was "like an 11-year-old child."

-Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in July 2017 called Trump a "moron."

-McMaster also said Trump was a "dope" with the intelligence of a "kindergartner."

-Both Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and former chief of staff Reince Priebus called Trump an "idiot."

-Former economic adviser Gary Cohn said Trump was "dumb as sh@it."
smh
bearister said:

……but what if he snaps like this and you could have seen it live…
# tivo'd
muting 301 handles, turnaround is fair play
blungld
Judging by the reasoning and defenses of Trump by his supporters, it takes a 5th grade mentality to follow a 5th grade level politician.
bearister
Trump's preemptive excuse for debate flop: Biden's secret stash of hard drugs - Boing Boing

https://boingboing.net/2024/06/20/trumps-preemptive-excuse-for-debate-flop-bidens-secret-stash-of-hard-drugs.html

"Of course, when it comes to Trump, every accusation is a confession. Several people have claimed that Trump himself snorts Adderall, the fancy name for plain old speed. Comedian Noel Casler, who worked on The Celebrity Apprentice, spilled the beans during a stand-up set, saying Trump "crushes up his Adderall and he sniffs it because he can't read, so he gets really nervous when he has to read cue cards." And he's not alone. Actor Tom Arnold tweeted in 2018 that "Donald Trump abused Adderall on the set [of The Apprentice] & it made him crazy. He even snorted Adderall."

bear2034
blungld said:

Judging by the reasoning and defenses of Trump by his supporters, it takes a 5th grade mentality to follow a 5th grade level politician.
Even 5th graders know the Democrats cheated.
Big C

Okay, we're about 90 minutes out... This may end up being a test of which side has the best medical team:

Biden: Mayo Clinic, National Institutes of Health, Harvard Medicine, UCSF, Stanfurd Medicine
Trump: all those whack job conspiracy theorists

I guess a possible side benefit for the GOP is that, if Trump is way more coherent than Biden, then Deep State Guys like myself may need to take another look at some of those vax/pandemic issues. Heck, I might need to wear a LOCK UP FAUCI! t-shirt to Big Game this fall (sorry, it wouldn't be in MAGA red, that's a bridge too far for me)!

Nah, my excuse would be, "Ya can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear."
Big C

Like many of you, I've received two texts from Joe Biden this week, asking for money. Really cool that he reached out and now he and I text; I feel special. Showed my kids...

Since we text now, I just sent him my last-minute best wishes for the debate. Told him to relax... it's only the fate of the free world on the line here. No pressure, Mr. President.

Haven't heard back yet. He'll probably send me back something pretty soon, though. Not much else to do when you're sitting there with the IV in your arm, right?
Big C

Note to my many right-wing friends on this forum. Luv y'all, you know that, but consider this: Let's say Biden stumbles badly this evening, literally or figuratively. That might get you up out of your seats cheering, but you know what? Why do you think Gavin Newsom's already in Atlanta as we speak? It would be a quick, seamless transition! LOLOLOL!!!
bear2034
Big C said:

Note to my many right-wing friends on this forum. Luv y'all, you know that, but consider this: Let's say Biden stumbles badly this evening, literally or figuratively. That might get you up out of your seats cheering, but you know what? Why do you think Gavin Newsom's already in Atlanta as we speak? It would be a quick, seamless transition! LOLOLOL!!!

I think it's sending a bad message to the White House if Newsom actually shows up to the debate. Is there turmoil within the Democratic Party? As far as Biden's performance, he'll probably do better than expected since there are no expectations for him to perform well.
bearister
I never thought this was possible:
Biden walked down the steps from plane to tarmac faster than tRump. I think tRump has a bum wheel and someone says he has a fear of stairs….probably started when he was behind Ivana.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.