THE OFFICIAL BI HOT 'LANTA DEBATE THREAD: THE BUILD UP/THE DEBATE/POST DEBATE SPIN

10,253 Views | 177 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bear2034
bear2034
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Based on Anderson Cooper's line of questioning, it now seems clear to me that Kamala is not the system's Plan B.
bear2034

How was Joe Biden tweeting this in the middle of a debate?
Big C
bear2034 said:

Big C said:

Note to my many right-wing friends on this forum. Luv y'all, you know that, but consider this: Let's say Biden stumbles badly this evening, literally or figuratively. That might get you up out of your seats cheering, but you know what? Why do you think Gavin Newsom's already in Atlanta as we speak? It would be a quick, seamless transition! LOLOLOL!!!

I think it's sending a bad message to the White House if Newsom actually shows up to the debate. Is there turmoil within the Democratic Party? As far as Biden's performance, he'll probably do better than expected since there are no expectations for him to perform well.

Sounds like you were all ready for Biden to win the debate... had your excuses all prepared. What now?!? Well, get ready for your worst nightmare!

I will say, the Dems lack the ability to make the bold move. What they shoulda done... just like when they bring in a reliever in baseball... when they took a break after the first 45 minutes, Gavin Freaking Newsom should've walked on stage, saying that Joe Biden hit the showers. After Trump had s_ _ _ himself, it woulda been fun to see him try and handle a few 98 mph fastballs.

Continuing on with the baseball analogy, how many hanging curves did Trump lob in there this evening?!? Newsom is going to knock those out of the park in the next debate!
BearGoggles
bear2034 said:

That's what I'm saying, it seems pre-planned.
The Obama acolyte's plan was cynical. Rather than going to Biden and asking him to step down, they schedule a debate months earlier than was typical. That way he either shows he's competent (they weren't expecting that) or he flames out so spectacularly that he's forced out. This also allows them to circumvent Kamala.

The way the dem knives have come out so quickly speaks volumes.
Big C
BearGoggles said:

bear2034 said:

The Obama acolyte's plan was cynical. Rather than going to Biden and asking him to step down, they schedule a debate months earlier than was typical. That way he either shows he's competent (they weren't expecting that) or he flames out so spectacularly that he's forced out. This also allows them to circumvent Kamala.

I gotta admit, I like your hot take better than my #4 hot take (from that other thread).

Here's to our 47th President, Gavin Newsom!
Shocky1

my fellow stinson beach high school grad is 100% a supporter of the university of california, berkeley plus he's already paid the non refundable deposit for membership to shocky's future t-rex yoga/meditation studio in yountville

going4roses
Is it true both sides agreed to ban Black Media reps from the debate(ish)
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
BearGoggles
Big C said:

BearGoggles said:

bear2034 said:

I gotta admit, I like your hot take better than my #4 hot take (from that other thread).

Here's to our 47th President, Gavin Newsom!

I despise Gavin Newsom. Yet he is far preferrable to Joe Biden and would do a better job than Biden has.

I think in his heart Newsom is more centrist than he has governed CA. Newsom is an opportunist which explains both how he's governed CA and why he would be more moderate nationally.

going4roses
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPREDeXN4/

Trump's correlation to whiteness …
going4roses
Did the DNC purposefully lose the election ?

Feels like DNC and RNC are working together for a common goal …

Old whites once again have proven they don't deserve the power bestowed(via ws/wd) upon them
oski003
going4roses said:

Is it true both sides agreed to ban Black Media reps from the debate(ish)

Who brainwashes you?
oski003
going4roses said:

Did the DNC purposefully lose the election ?

Feels like DNC and RNC are working together for a common goal …

Old whites once again have proven they don't deserve the power bestowed(via ws/wd) upon them

What election? Again, who is filling you with this racial hate?
bearister
Shocky, I think I spy The Gap just above the dog's head (you can see a speck of blue ocean). Your tRump golf story is hysterical. I didn't realize that you were such a good writer. Take care.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
DiabloWags
Big C said:

Sounds like you were all ready for Biden to win the debate... had your excuses all prepared. What now?!? Well, get ready for your worst nightmare!

I will say, the Dems lack the ability to make the bold move. What they shoulda done... just like when they bring in a reliever in baseball... when they took a break after the first 45 minutes, Gavin Freaking Newsom should've walked on stage, saying that Joe Biden hit the showers. After Trump had s_ _ _ himself, it woulda been fun to see him try and handle a few 98 mph fastballs.

Continuing on with the baseball analogy, how many hanging curves did Trump lob in there this evening?!? Newsom is going to knock those out of the park in the next debate!

Your scenario is exactly what SHOULD happen Big C.
But it won't because the Democratic Party is still stuck in the 1990's.

Biden said he'll do better next time.
There is NO NEXT TIME.

In fact, Newsom was trying to rally everyone after the debate, but Joe Scarborough was having none of it:

"You are hurting America by closing your eyes, putting your head down and saying we're going to plough ahead with what we all saw last night…

"It was the worst debate performance in modern political history."

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
going4roses
Hmm people like You !!!
GoOskie
bearister said:

blungld said:

Neither of these men should be president. But only Biden will have a competent administration and govern from a an ethical center.

If Trump elected: Putin gets Ukraine. NATO terminated. Christianity becomes a de facto national religion funded by the government and forced in public schools. Reproductive rights regulated by government. Loyalty tests throughout government and eventually to citizens. Controls on Free Press. Increased income inequality. Constant turmoil and anger and unpredictability in the White House and destabilized citizenry. The complete loss of stature on the world stage. Nothing on Climate Change. Gay, trans, and non-Christians shut up and watch out! And of course more guns and power to the white nationalist goons who will do his dirty work. I mean, what's wrong with self-serving theocratic authoritarianism, right?

A doddering Biden will make America better. A deceitful Trump will destroy it.

A+
*At this point I'm fine with subbing someone in. I would vote for a military junta over tRump.
I told a coworker this morning that if Biden croaked on stage and they cremated him and stuck him in an urn, that he'd still be 100x better than Mango Mussolini and I'd still vote for him. trump and his lackeys are a danger to the country. I just hope in '28 the dems can find a young, intelligent, charismatic candidate (Pete Buttigieg? Jon Ossoff?)
going4roses
At least I asked right ? Let us not act like that has never happened right ?

Right ???
oski003
going4roses said:

Hmm people like You !!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
oski003
going4roses said:

At least I asked right ? Let us not act like that has never happened right ?

Right ???

Yes, ignorant folks have repeatedly blamed white people for everything bad that happens to them. People should own their choices and results. Life isn't always fair. Focus on improving yourself rather than getting reparations. Stop spreading racial hatred.
Cal88
going4roses
What is a "Black Job" ?
oski003
going4roses said:

What is a "Black Job" ?
When he says that illegal immigrants are taking black jobs and Hispanic jobs, he means jobs held by black people and Hispanic people.
calbear93
GoOskie said:

bearister said:

blungld said:

Neither of these men should be president. But only Biden will have a competent administration and govern from a an ethical center.

If Trump elected: Putin gets Ukraine. NATO terminated. Christianity becomes a de facto national religion funded by the government and forced in public schools. Reproductive rights regulated by government. Loyalty tests throughout government and eventually to citizens. Controls on Free Press. Increased income inequality. Constant turmoil and anger and unpredictability in the White House and destabilized citizenry. The complete loss of stature on the world stage. Nothing on Climate Change. Gay, trans, and non-Christians shut up and watch out! And of course more guns and power to the white nationalist goons who will do his dirty work. I mean, what's wrong with self-serving theocratic authoritarianism, right?

A+
*At this point I'm fine with subbing someone in. I would vote for a military junta over tRump.
I told a coworker this morning that if Biden croaked on stage and they cremated him and stuck him in an urn, that he'd still be 100x better than Mango Mussolini and I'd still vote for him. trump and his lackeys are a danger to the country. I just hope in '28 the dems can find a young, intelligent, charismatic candidate (Pete Buttigieg? Jon Ossoff?)
I think most voters had dug their feet. For them, it is more a vote against someone than a vote for someone.

However, for those small percentage of voters in key state (you don't really matter if you live in CA because it will never go for Trump) that will determine the election, this was a disaster for Biden.

Why? Not because Trump was great. He was the same piece of **** that he always has been.

But that's the point.

Trump went in with a reputation that he was unhinged and dishonest. Biden went in with a reputation that he is senile and too old to be president.

Did Trump amplify that reputation or did he at worst just keep it at that level? I think the format helped him in the sense that he was prevented from talking all the time or interrupting. People did not come out from the debate thinking Trump was worse than they thought.

Biden, on the other hand, just confirmed that he is truly past his prime.

We can argue that Biden has governed well during the last three plus years.

But anyone who has ever been in top senior role knows that just doing a good job is not the criteria for appointing someone to a top functional role.

Imagine a CFO who is otherwise very good at driving results, conducting capital allocation, doing FP&A, building a team. And then he gets on an earnings call or in front of the Audit Committee and consistently ****s the bed because he has no ability to communicate effectively or maintain a train of thought. My view is that such person is a value add person who should at best be middle management.

Know how important oratory skills are? What has Pete Buttigieg done other than excel at speaking? What were Kamara Harris' accomplishments relative to other AG or lawyers or senators that warranted her being the VP?

Know why we still admire JFK and Obama? Because they were inspirational. Did they accomplish that much more than other presidents?

Based on these, Biden is done.

And I will say this, because I always criticize the Republicans for putting party and their own interest before the interest of the country.

If they think Trump is as much of a danger to the country as they say and they saw the debate and still do not replace Biden out of protocol, respect, or their political future, they are no better. This Biden will not win, and they are putting their interest before the interest of protecting this country from Trump and even Biden.

And if that's the case, they need to STFU about Trump or love of country. If this dithering old man is the best this party can put forward for governing, they don't deserve to win.
going4roses
Yikes and you said it with your whole chest and haven't a clue. You don't have to care why it's great for y'all and bad/decitful/racist to others.
concordtom
blungld said:

bear2034 said:

blungld said:

bear2034 said:

blungld said:

Judging by the reasoning and defenses of Trump by his supporters, it takes a 5th grade mentality to follow a 5th grade level politician.
Even 5th graders know the Democrats cheated.
And of course you can produce one tiny shred of actual proof of that, right. Like sworn testimony under oath. Or the findings of a jury or official investigation. Or are you doing that 5th grader I want it to be true so it is true maneuver?
Pick a state.
No you. Don't dodge. Show the evidence right now. Your best proof.
do yourself, and the rest of us, a favor and put this clown on ignore.
calbear93
oski003 said:

going4roses said:

What is a "Black Job" ?
When he says that illegal immigrants are taking black jobs and Hispanic jobs, he means jobs held by black people and Hispanic people.
Do you ever wonder what you expect to get out of these discussions? What is the realistic expectation?
concordtom
bearister said:

blungld said:

A+

That's funny, because Trump already did the military junta bit. And next time it won't be some little "junta".

There's still hope that scotus will grant the president unlimited immunity to take out his political opponent. Joe Biden may run with that to end this nightmare, and then congress will immediately write a new Amendment to overrule the Scotus. But by then Trump would be gone.

Checks and balances.
going4roses
dajo9
going4roses said:

The "system" here is the Electoral College. In 2016, the American people voted for Hillary Clinton. If she were President, then Republicans could have offered a different candidate in 2020 - somebody who could win the popular vote. In 2024, the Democratic Party would have a candidate Harris or Newsom or somebody skilled enough to beat them.

But with the Electoral College, we have to cater to specific geographic areas populated by older white people. If you aren't being outspoken against the Electoral College then you own the 2024 nominees for President.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
bear2034
oski003 said:

going4roses said:

What is a "Black Job" ?

To be fair, illegal immigrants will probably take away more jobs held by white people since there are many more poor whites than blacks and Hispanics.
dajo9
I hope you all had your fun. Debates are stupid things for American Presidential politics. They are for the media and from the sounds of it, the media got all they hype they wanted. Trump got his opportunity to lie at will. All I have to say is

FOUR MORE YEARS!
FOUR MORE YEARS!'
FOUR MORE YEARS!

"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
bear2034
I don't know why the "mainstream" media seemed so shell-shocked. Biden performed better than expected despite the lies. We knew he was going to repeat the same lies that the "mainstream media" perpetuates. It was his raspy voice due to the cold he was suffering that made him appear weaker but we already knew he was frail. So why all of sudden does the media turn on him?
GoOskie
Undecided Voters Say They Now Support Joe Biden After Debate - Newsweek

Dark Brandon will not be denied.
Big C
calbear93 said:

GoOskie said:

bearister said:

blungld said:

A+
I think most voters had dug their feet. For them, it is more a vote against someone than a vote for someone.

However, for those small percentage of voters in key state (you don't really matter if you live in CA because it will never go for Trump) that will determine the election, this was a disaster for Biden.

Why? Not because Trump was great. He was the same piece of **** that he always has been.

But that's the point.

Trump went in with a reputation that he was unhinged and dishonest. Biden went in with a reputation that he is senile and too old to be president.

Did Trump amplify that reputation or did he at worst just keep it at that level? I think the format helped him in the sense that he was prevented from talking all the time or interrupting. People did not come out from the debate thinking Trump was worse than they thought.

Biden, on the other hand, just confirmed that he is truly past his prime.

We can argue that Biden has governed well during the last three plus years.

But anyone who has ever been in top senior role knows that just doing a good job is not the criteria for appointing someone to a top functional role.

Imagine a CFO who is otherwise very good at driving results, conducting capital allocation, doing FP&A, building a team. And then he gets on an earnings call or in front of the Audit Committee and consistently ****s the bed because he has no ability to communicate effectively or maintain a train of thought. My view is that such person is a value add person who should at best be middle management.

Know how important oratory skills are? What has Pete Buttigieg done other than excel at speaking? What were Kamara Harris' accomplishments relative to other AG or lawyers or senators that warranted her being the VP?

Know why we still admire JFK and Obama? Because they were inspirational. Did they accomplish that much more than other presidents?

Based on these, Biden is done.

And I will say this, because I always criticize the Republicans for putting party and their own interest before the interest of the country.

If they think Trump is as much of a danger to the country as they say and they saw the debate and still do not replace Biden out of protocol, respect, or their political future, they are no better. This Biden will not win, and they are putting their interest before the interest of protecting this country from Trump and even Biden.

And if that's the case, they need to STFU about Trump or love of country. If this dithering old man is the best this party can put forward for governing, they don't deserve to win.

Great post, calbear93.
GoOskie
Hysterics. There's no way he is replaced. Biden's performance wasn't good, but I think he still wins as long as the voters turn out. It's a long way to November and the Dems have plenty of ammo to use in terms of political ads.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.