THE OFFICIAL BI HOT 'LANTA DEBATE THREAD: THE BUILD UP/THE DEBATE/POST DEBATE SPIN

10,255 Views | 177 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bear2034
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

I hope you all had your fun. Debates are stupid things for American Presidential politics. They are for the media and from the sounds of it, the media got all they hype they wanted. Trump got his opportunity to lie at will. All I have to say is

FOUR MORE YEARS!
FOUR MORE YEARS!'
FOUR MORE YEARS!

Your favorite liberal economist Paul Krugman strongly disagrees.

Economist Paul Krugman urges Biden to 'do the right thing' and end his campaign (msn.com)

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
DiabloWags
calbear93 said:

Biden, on the other hand, just confirmed that he is truly past his prime.

We can argue that Biden has governed well during the last three plus years.

But anyone who has ever been in top senior role knows that just doing a good job is not the criteria for appointing someone to a top functional role.

Imagine a CFO who is otherwise very good at driving results, conducting capital allocation, doing FP&A, building a team. And then he gets on an earnings call or in front of the Audit Committee and consistently ****s the bed because he has no ability to communicate effectively or maintain a train of thought. My view is that such person is a value add person who should at best be middle management.

Know how important oratory skills are? What has Pete Buttigieg done other than excel at speaking? What were Kamara Harris' accomplishments relative to other AG or lawyers or senators that warranted her being the VP?

Know why we still admire JFK and Obama? Because they were inspirational. Did they accomplish that much more than other presidents?

Based on these, Biden is done.

Well said.
I basically said the same thing in the other (Jake Tapper) thread.

You can have a fantastic track record as a CEO or CFO, but if you CANNOT COMMUNICATE to your shareholders, the analyst community, your executive team and employees, you have no chance at being an effective leader, and in Biden's case an effective candidate.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
dajo9
DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

I hope you all had your fun. Debates are stupid things for American Presidential politics. They are for the media and from the sounds of it, the media got all they hype they wanted. Trump got his opportunity to lie at will. All I have to say is

FOUR MORE YEARS!
FOUR MORE YEARS!'
FOUR MORE YEARS!

Your favorite liberal economist Paul Krugman strongly disagrees.

Economist Paul Krugman urges Biden to 'do the right thing' and end his campaign (msn.com)

And? ? ?
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
bear2034

Big Brother disagrees with all y'all. Hope.
Big C
GoOskie said:

Hysterics. There's no way he is replaced. Biden's performance wasn't good, but I think he still wins as long as the voters turn out. It's a long way to November and the Dems have plenty of ammo to use in terms of political ads.

"Don't anybody panic: I'm pretty sure the Titanic will stay afloat for days, if not weeks! Meanwhile, we have cases and cases of duct tape down below!"
bear2034
GoOskie said:

Hysterics. There's no way he is replaced. Biden's performance wasn't good, but I think he still wins as long as the voters turn out. It's a long way to November and the Dems have plenty of ammo to use in terms of political ads.

Exactly, there are still multiple options left on the table that could result in a big November win:

• Imprison Trump
  • Assassination of Trump (God forbid)
  • Escalation of War and Suspension of the Election
  • False Flag blamed on MAGA
  • dajo9
    I do want to congratulate Traitor Trump on his first debate win. After losing his first 4 debates he now has a 1-4-1 record, winning yesterday, and a draw in the last 2020 debate.
    bear2034
    dajo9
    calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

going4roses said:

What is a "Black Job" ?
    When he says that illegal immigrants are taking black jobs and Hispanic jobs, he means jobs held by black people and Hispanic people.
    Do you ever wonder what you expect to get out of these discussions? What is the realistic expectation?

I don't have realistic expectations of good conversations with oski003 either. But going4roses question about "black jobs" is very relevant. I think the black community hears a distinct message from Traitor Trump from those comments.
    oski003
    dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

going4roses said:

What is a "Black Job" ?
    When he says that illegal immigrants are taking black jobs and Hispanic jobs, he means jobs held by black people and Hispanic people.
    Do you ever wonder what you expect to get out of these discussions? What is the realistic expectation?

I don't have realistic expectations of good conversations with oski003 either. But going4roses question about "black jobs" is very relevant. I think the black community hears a distinct message from Traitor Trump from those comments.

He was asking me why I engage with GFR's attacks on white people and demands for reparations. Anyway, I answered GFR's question.
    dajo9
    One of the Presidential candidates today said electric airplanes would crash without sunlight and some of you are calling the other candidate senile.
    dimitrig
    bear2034 said:

GoOskie said:

Exactly, there are still multiple options left on the table that could result in a big November win:

• Imprison Trump

• I am counting on the mules stuffing the ballot boxes. It worked well last time!

calbear93
    dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

going4roses said:

What is a "Black Job" ?

Why do always make it about you? I was referring to a specific dynamic between Oski and G4R. Nothing to do with you but everything to do with the same back and forth involving oski.
    Big C
    bear2034 said:

GoOskie said:

• Imprison Trump

• * Biden bows out; Newsom steps in
    * Biden bows out; Vice President Harris steps in; pee tape is finally released
    oski003
    Big C said:

bear2034 said:

GoOskie said:

• Imprison Trump

• * Biden bows out; Newsom steps in
    * Biden bows out; Vice President Harris steps in; pee tape is finally released

Is Kamala in the pee tape?
    BearGoggles
    calbear93 said:

GoOskie said:

bearister said:

blungld said:

Neither of these men should be president. But only Biden will have a competent administration and govern from a an ethical center.

If Trump elected: Putin gets Ukraine. NATO terminated. Christianity becomes a de facto national religion funded by the government and forced in public schools. Reproductive rights regulated by government. Loyalty tests throughout government and eventually to citizens. Controls on Free Press. Increased income inequality. Constant turmoil and anger and unpredictability in the White House and destabilized citizenry. The complete loss of stature on the world stage. Nothing on Climate Change. Gay, trans, and non-Christians shut up and watch out! And of course more guns and power to the white nationalist goons who will do his dirty work. I mean, what's wrong with self-serving theocratic authoritarianism, right?

A doddering Biden will make America better. A deceitful Trump will destroy it.

A+
    *At this point I'm fine with subbing someone in. I would vote for a military junta over tRump.
    I told a coworker this morning that if Biden croaked on stage and they cremated him and stuck him in an urn, that he'd still be 100x better than Mango Mussolini and I'd still vote for him. trump and his lackeys are a danger to the country. I just hope in '28 the dems can find a young, intelligent, charismatic candidate (Pete Buttigieg? Jon Ossoff?)
    I think most voters had dug their feet. For them, it is more a vote against someone than a vote for someone.

However, for those small percentage of voters in key state (you don't really matter if you live in CA because it will never go for Trump) that will determine the election, this was a disaster for Biden.

Why? Not because Trump was great. He was the same piece of **** that he always has been.

But that's the point.

Trump went in with a reputation that he was unhinged and dishonest. Biden went in with a reputation that he is senile and too old to be president.

Did Trump amplify that reputation or did he at worst just keep it at that level? I think the format helped him in the sense that he was prevented from talking all the time or interrupting. People did not come out from the debate thinking Trump was worse than they thought.

Biden, on the other hand, just confirmed that he is truly past his prime.

We can argue that Biden has governed well during the last three plus years.

But anyone who has ever been in top senior role knows that just doing a good job is not the criteria for appointing someone to a top functional role.

Imagine a CFO who is otherwise very good at driving results, conducting capital allocation, doing FP&A, building a team. And then he gets on an earnings call or in front of the Audit Committee and consistently ****s the bed because he has no ability to communicate effectively or maintain a train of thought. My view is that such person is a value add person who should at best be middle management.

Know how important oratory skills are? What has Pete Buttigieg done other than excel at speaking? What were Kamara Harris' accomplishments relative to other AG or lawyers or senators that warranted her being the VP?

Know why we still admire JFK and Obama? Because they were inspirational. Did they accomplish that much more than other presidents?

Based on these, Biden is done.

And I will say this, because I always criticize the Republicans for putting party and their own interest before the interest of the country.

If they think Trump is as much of a danger to the country as they say and they saw the debate and still do not replace Biden out of protocol, respect, or their political future, they are no better. This Biden will not win, and they are putting their interest before the interest of protecting this country from Trump and even Biden.

And if that's the case, they need to STFU about Trump or love of country. If this dithering old man is the best this party can put forward for governing, they don't deserve to win.

The Dems problem is no different than the Republicans. Both parties are ruled by a non-centrist cabal that produces poor candidates. That is why they're stuck with Biden. The primary system and influence of money empowers the extremes on both sides and tends to reward bad policy/behavior.

And for the record, I posted last night that I thought Newsom would be a more moderate (i.e., better) president than governor. So I tend to agree with what you posted above. However, because of his record he's not a strong candidate in swing states. He's probably the best hope the Dems have though I'm sure Hillary is plotting her return. But the power structure will make it hard to remove Biden.
    dajo9
    going4roses said:

What is a "Black Job" ?

This woman has some things to say about black jobs
    https://www.threads.net/@cwebbonline/post/C8zlI99pFoM/?xmt=AQGzh86xTegUlbvKV9d_uquyYfqIg3NbXkayrdmqnZsJww
    blungld
    concordtom said:

do yourself, and the rest of us, a favor and put this clown on ignore.
    Done. There have been some seriously unintelligent posters on Off Topic over the years, but he is next level. He doesn't even do dumb cultist well. I would word it stronger but I suspect he actually has mental health issues.
    harebear
    bear2034
    dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

GoOskie said:

• Imprison Trump

• I am counting on the mules stuffing the ballot boxes. It worked well last time!

No doubt. 2000 mules were on a mission rigging elections. This time, we're going to make it too big to rig.
    bearister
    If Biden refuses to step down, America is still better off with a senile figurehead president with a competent administration than a convicted felon, adjudicated business fraud and sexual abuser, micromanaging president of limited intellect that is a pathological liar with narcissistic personality disorder surrounded by an incompetent administration selected solely for their fealty.

As I have posted before, I would vote for this guy:

…before I would put this guy and his demagogues back in power:

*Interestingly, on Truth Social tRump declared that Biden "came out of his trance" and gave a decent speech in North Carolina the day after the debate. tRump went on to characterize Biden's performance at the debate as "choking."
    Granted, a younger, smarter guy, would have shoved tRump's debate stage Gish Gallop right up tRump's very substantial, smelling and leaking @$$.
    Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
    Send my credentials to the House of Detention
    I got some friends inside
    bear2034
    blungld said:

concordtom said:

do yourself, and the rest of us, a favor and put this clown on ignore.
    Done. There have been some seriously unintelligent posters on Off Topic over the years, but he is next level. He doesn't even do dumb cultist well. I would word it stronger but I suspect he actually has mental health issues.

If you go back and look at helltopay's posts, all his predictions have come true except for one. Back in 2022, he predicted that in 2024, your collective TDS will be cured after the Biden regime indicts Trump and locks him up. As you know, this has not happened and TDS is still raging, stronger than ever.
    Eastern Oregon Bear
    <from the post above>

Now I know who bought helltopay's demon spawned keyboard at his garage sale.
    bear2034
    bearister said:

If Biden refuses to step down, America is still better off with a senile figurehead president
    After the debate, Democrats be like...

AunBear89
    Republicans after the debate:
    oski003
    AunBear89 said:

Republicans after the debate:

That's adorable that you think that. Thanks for the viewpoint
    AunBear89
    I think the fact that you believe likening people to children with special needs amounts to an insult reveals quite a lot about your character.
    oski003
    AunBear89 said:

I think the fact that you believe likening people to children with special needs amounts to an insult reveals quite a lot about your character.

It is adorable how sensitive you are. Thank you.
    AunBear89
    It is adorable how breathtakingly stupid you are. You probably call people ******s.

And you are as relevant to me as what I just stepped in because I was looking at my phone.
    oski003
    AunBear89 said:

It is adorable how breathtakingly stupid you are. You probably call people ******s.

And you are as relevant to me as what I just stepped in because I was looking at my phone.

Be careful. Please don't walk around while staring at your phone. It might be better to just stay on the bus.
    GoOskie
    bear2034 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

GoOskie said:

• Imprison Trump

No doubt. 2000 mules were on a mission rigging elections. This time, we're going to make it too big to rig.
    2000 mules was debunked already (like it really needed to be debunked). Maybe you should try a different Kool aid brand.
    bearister
    GoOskie said:

bear2034 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

GoOskie said:

• Imprison Trump

2000 mules was debunked already (like it really needed to be debunked). Maybe you should try a different Kool aid brand.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
    Send my credentials to the House of Detention
    I got some friends inside
    going4roses
    Interesting take on the debate/Amerikkka's global status
    Shahid Bolsen
    https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRE5GAsq/
    Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
    going4roses
    Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
    bear2034

Thursday: Big left hook
    Friday: Big right hook
    Today: Big uppercut

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.