White House has settled in

678,082 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mulvaney announces the location of the next G7.

blungld
It's the same cycle every time. It is wearisome and exhausting.

Gaslighting 101: No I didn't...it's all a hoax...Dems are lying...it wasn't me...it was someone else (they get fired)...okay, it was me...but it's actually a good thing. And then the grand conclusion, the REAL problem is anyone who told you about this, reports on this, or cares about this because I am perfect and never make mistakes and can do whatever I want.

Seriously, I tried to be civil at first, but F him so hard.
Unit2Sucks
I would say it's pretty clear the Doral announcement was done to distract from the other more serious bad things that are being discussed. There simply cannot have been any other reason to announce it today.
B.A. Bearacus
I hear what you're saying. Ever since Ukraine came to light, I allow myself to get mad at each new transgression, then quickly say ok, time to get right back to Ukraine. Ukraine in the membrane.
sycasey
The Trump team is flailing IMO. The Ukraine story keeps producing its own steady stream of revelations, and meanwhile all their attempts at distraction merely reinforce the narrative that the Trump Admin is impossibly corrupt and self-serving.
B.A. Bearacus
William H. McRaven
Admiral McRaven is a former commander of the United States Special Operations Command.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/17/opinion/trump-mcraven-syria-military.html

Quote:

Our Republic Is Under Attack From the President.

As I stood on the parade field at Fort Bragg, one retired four-star general, grabbed my arm, shook me and shouted, "I don't like the Democrats, but Trump is destroying the Republic!"
B.A. Bearacus
I guess Mulvaney did an oopsie.

B.A. Bearacus
FWIW. Anyone know any good welders?

B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus said:

William H. McRaven
Admiral McRaven is a former commander of the United States Special Operations Command.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/17/opinion/trump-mcraven-syria-military.html

Quote:

Our Republic Is Under Attack From the President.

As I stood on the parade field at Fort Bragg, one retired four-star general, grabbed my arm, shook me and shouted, "I don't like the Democrats, but Trump is destroying the Republic!"
I wish I could feel more about McRaven but his dislike of the Dems is a big feed factor to how Trump got "elected". GOP continue to sit on their hands. To bttch about Trump now...yeah, no. This is 3 years and they're now just getting the info Trump is bad for the country?

However, giving McRaven the benefit of the doubt...what exactly is he doing to counter Trump? From what I can tell zero, zilch, nada, nothing.
Another Bear
Polls (Gallup) are now showing 52% of American are in favor of impeachment and removal. Americans can smell a crook.
B.A. Bearacus

dajo9
Another Bear said:

Polls (Gallup) are now showing 52% of American are in favor of impeachment and removal. Americans can smell a crook.

I wouldn't oversell it. If Americans could smell a crook Trump wouldn't have gotten a whiff of the White House.

Republicans, in particular, eat up political affinity scams like they are starving.
American Vermin
bearister
What the Hell is wrong with Judge Napolitano? No Network loyalty to tRump at all.

Fox News legal analyst: Trump's move to host G-7 at Doral resort 'direct' and 'profound' violation of Constitution | TheHill

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/466344-fox-news-legal-analyst-calls-trump-move-to-host-g-7-at-doral-resort-direct-and
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
It's been a day. Here's the recap. May all find some light entertainment or sports for the rest of the night to help maintain some balance.

bearister
General 1 tRump 0

B.A. Bearacus
OBear073akaSMFan
Mattiss and all the other retired & even the current Generals need to band together and call out this buffoon as he continue to destroy this country.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Does anyone still think the military has tRump's back?
B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

The majority of the military will be always be behind T because he's a Republican, but those in the highest positions... you have to wonder now.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister said:

The majority of the military will be always be behind T because he's a Republican, but those in the highest positions... you have to wonder now.

I'm convinced that at this point tRump's Praetorian Guard is solely comprised of a Spetsnaz shadow unit supplied by Putin and the oligarchs to protect their asset.

BearNIt
B.A. Bearacus said:

It's been a day. Here's the recap. May all find some light entertainment or sports for the rest of the night to help maintain some balance.

Watching Idiot in Chief's followers and the General look like school boys caught by a nun while looking at a skin magazine while Pelosi scolds the Idiot in Chief for his Putin First policies says everything we need to know about what they really think and are just too chicken**** to do anything about it.

And now this: The U.S. has agreed to partner with Russia in a joint cybersecurity operation.

How much longer our people going to put up with the **** that Idiot in Chief and his associates are engaged in at the detriment of our institutions and world standing?
concordtom
If Trump ordered Mnuchin to write him a $100M check, and Trump deposited it in his personal acct, Republicans would not impeach.

Republicans suck
bearister
concordtom said:

If Trump ordered Mnuchin to write him a $100M check, and Trump deposited it in his personal acct, Republicans would not impeach.

Republicans suck

Do you think the SEC will ever investigate tRump and his cronies for market manipulation and insider trading? I figure that tRump will be worth north of $100,000,000,000 by the time he vacates the Oval.
BearsWiin
NSIAP

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/10/the-mystery-of-the-trump-chaos-trades
dajo9
B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister said:

Yes, the rank and file will vote for him. It's cultural.
American Vermin
dajo9
bearister said:

concordtom said:

Republicans suck

No. There is as picture of the SEC in the dictionary next to the term regulatory capture.

Do you think the SEC will ever investigate tRump and his cronies for market manipulation and insider trading? I figure that tRump will be worth north of $100,000,000,000 by the time he vacates the Oval.
American Vermin
B.A. Bearacus

Quote:
The basic outlines of the plot have been known since the start of the impeachment inquiry, but the testimony by Hill and others this week both confirms key details and adds important information that shows how much the President was directly implicated. Trump ordered Sondland, a million-dollar contributor to his Inauguration; Kurt Volker, his Ukraine special envoy; and Energy Secretary Rick Perry to take control of Ukraine policy. (Kent, the State diplomat who was, like Hill, cut out of the loop, said that they called themselves "the three amigos.") Trump personally ordered Yovanovitch's firing. Trump personally ordered the withholding of military aid. The scandal, as this week showed, is about a lot more than saying "do us a favor though" in a phone call.
B.A. Bearacus
concordtom
And yet, GOP will stand by their man, being in power and manipulating voters with deception is more important than truth.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
BearsWiin said:

NSIAP

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/10/the-mystery-of-the-trump-chaos-trades

After tRump leaves office an SEC investigation will determine that straw men for the tRump Crime Family were behind the perfectly timed trades that generated endless millions in profit. The federal prosecutor declines to file charges for "the good of the Republic" in light of the fact the citizens that populate tRump's rallies might feel raw about it.

bearister
" The Trump administration is testing a novel strategy for dealing with controversy and possible illegalities: Pretend you have nothing to hide by blurting it out loud.

Why it matters: President Trump and his aides and allies seem to think that by being unapologetic and admitting things that would have touched off blazing scandals just a few years ago, they can move the goalposts of what's acceptable to Republicans and the public.

We had two doozies yesterday:

1) Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney just said it out loud at a White House briefing, connecting Trump's release of Ukraine aid with an investigation of corruption that included U.S. Democrats.

ABC's Jonathan Karl pressed: "[T]o be clear, what you just described is a quid pro quo. It is: Funding will not flow unless the investigation into the Democratic server happens as well."
Mulvaney replied: "We do that all the time with foreign policy."
This, of course, pulverized Trump's "no quid pro quo" mantra.
The subtext of the pivot was: Own it. So what? He's allowed. He's the president. There's no coverup.
Republicans on the Hill couldn't believe it. A House GOP committee source to Axios' Alayna Treene: Mulvaney's "diatribe has blown up the [Gordon] Sondland interview Democrats are referring to the transcript mid-interview. ***."
After headlines like "White House admits quid pro quo over Ukraine aid," Mulvaney tried to walk back the admission with a statement blaming the press: "Once again, the media has decided to misconstrue my comments to advance a biased and political witch hunt against President Trump. Let me be clear, there was absolutely no quid pro quo between Ukrainian military aid and any investigation into the 2016 election."
2) Amid rising charges of cronyism, Trump awarded one of his own resorts, Trump National Doral near Miami, the lucrative contract for next June's G7 summit.

The Miami Herald calls it "a surge of off-season business for the lagging property."
Republicans would have howled "self-dealing" if a Democrat did anything like that.
We've seen the shout-it-out-loud strategy before:

Trump released the rough transcript of the Ukraine call, the very event that touched off the formal impeachment investigation, and called it "perfect."
Trump, accused of asking Ukraine to investigate the Bidens, went on camera and asked Ukraine and China to investigate the Bidens.
Trump says he doesn't care if Russia and Syrian President Bashar Assad move in and take America's place in northern Syria.
Between the lines ... Last week's gambit was: "There is no whistleblower. There is no impeachment." From nothing to everything. Welcome to "The Trump Show." Axios
B.A. Bearacus
Analysis shows that the language that Trump has used at his recent rallies is at a 4th or 5th grade level of English (Obama's was 11th grade). Can't expect 5th graders to understand grownup political cons -- though I'm praying that Ukraine might be simple enough.
First Page Last Page
Page 113 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.