White House has settled in

678,268 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dajo9
B.A. Bearacus said:

Jim Crow style voter suppression. The Southern states have NEVER believed in democracy or a republic that is representative of the will of the people. They are the core of the Republican party. That is what we are dealing with.
oski003
dajo9 said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Jim Crow style voter suppression. The Southern states have NEVER believed in democracy or a republic that is representative of the will of the people. They are the core of the Republican party. That is what we are dealing with.

Maybe some liberal do-gooder can pay off the felons' fines and fees, and it is a win-win.

1) Felons' debts are paid
2) State gets the money owed
3) Felon votes
4) Liberal do-gooder feels good helping out
okaydo

bearister
A Very Stable Genius review: dysfunction and disaster at the court of King Donald

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jan/19/a-very-stable-genius-review-donald-trump-leonnig-rucker-washington-post?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
B.A. Bearacus
Pelosi's Niners win. **** Pence and T.
bearister
Unit2Sucks
Wait I thought Trump Inc wasn't looking at any foreign deals during the presidency. That's what they said!

In other news, today is an exciting day because Trump's legal team has unveiled their weak arguments against impeachment so all our RWNJs will return now armed with C+ legal arguments.
bearister
Lest you forget how a sizable portion of the country views things;

Piers Morgan: Trump's got Davos cheering the US economy

https://mol.im/a/7916377

...and then there's always reality as an option:

Trump dismisses US troops' injuries in Iran attacks as 'headaches'

https://mol.im/a/7916331

The beauty of the working class part of his base is that their hate, fear and ignorance is allowing tRump and his rich buddies to loot the country via tax cuts, insider trading, and using the power of his office to leverage business deals for personal gain....at their cost. NEVER GIVE A SUCKER AN EVEN BREAK.

* You just know she beats him with a riding crop and makes him scream "Whose your Mommy?"

bearister
Trump wants controversy mainlined to the Supreme Court but not the ACA - Axios

https://www.axios.com/trump-supreme-court-speed-aca-0c8c2839-6559-4092-a29c-2f111474ca4b.html
Unit2Sucks
How do people feel about the fact that Igor Fruman was able to record a 90 minute intimate conversation with Trump unbeknownst to Trump or the Secret Service? Is there any reason to doubt that Trump is regularly surreptitiously reported at Mar a lago, weddings that he crashes or other public venues where he invariably discusses classified information?

I never had any doubt that Trump would be a massive security risk, which made the "but her emails" line of reasoning even more ridiculous, but I had some confidence that the Secret Service had some measure of command and would be able to prevent egregious activity. Obviously I was wrong about that.

Can't begin to imagine what other surveillance of Trump's careless drivel will eventually surface.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus

Quote:

1. Trump second-guesses the Korean War
Trump at one point during a discussion on trade suggests that the Korean War wasn't worth fighting.

"South Korea? I could write a book on them," Trump says. He added: "How we ever got involved in South Korea in the first place, you know? Tell me about it how we ended up in a Korean War? We're fighting a Korean War to keep these two places from " (Trump then trails off).

(For those unaware, North Korea invaded South Korea. Given other events around the time, including in China, there was concern that communists would take over Asia.)
bearister

B.A. Bearacus
That he is a president who starts a tweet with "It's amazing what I've done"... what a wretched, small, and pitiful man.
BearChemist
Questioning round begins, and so far both sides are just asking set up questions. But man, Schiff keeps slapping WH counsel's own words back at their face. No wonder RWNJs hate him this much.
Unit2Sucks
BearChemist said:

Questioning round begins, and so far both sides are just asking set up questions. But man, Schiff keeps slapping WH counsel's own words back at their face. No wonder RWNJs hate him this much.
The difference in quality of counsel is staggering. It says a lot that Trump has had so much difficulty finding reputable counsel to defend him. Anyone decent has run away from him, if they weren't smart enough not to answer the phone (which most were).
B.A. Bearacus
BearChemist
GOP: House should have enforced subpoena and gone to court.

Also GOP: Hearing from witness in Senate trial will drag out too long, because WH will definitely go to court.
Unit2Sucks
BearChemist said:

GOP: House should have enforced subpoena and gone to court.

Also GOP: Hearing from witness in Senate trial will drag out too long, because WH will definitely go to court.
Also GOP: House has no standing to enforce subpoenas against the white house in court.
bearister

Symbolic?
B.A. Bearacus

BearlyCareAnymore
B.A. Bearacus said:

I am president. I believe it is the public interest that the president go to work each day happy. Hookers and blow make me happy. I will fund that habit by selling an original copy of the Declaration of Independence and selling off pardons and veto rights to the highest bidder. It's all in the public interest because as President my interest IS the public interest.

At what point does this guy jump the shark enough for Republicans to at least say, okay Donald we are with you, but you gotta step back a few paces from this line.
Unit2Sucks
How about that 3% GDP growth we were promised (if not 4, 5 or 6%)? Looks like full year 2019 came in at 2.3% with 2.1% in Q4. I guess at least it won't stop from pretending this is the best economy ever and ignoring how much liquidity the fed is using to prop up the markets.
blungld
okaydo

bearister
B.A. Bearacus

B.A. Bearacus
bearister

...one can only assume that tRump will now direct his henchman Billy "Igor" Barr to launch a Justice Dept. investigation of Speaker Pelosi.
bearister
" This is a special place, Trump's America. It's the kind of country where senators can openly surrender their principles and power out of fear for their own reelection. It's the kind of country where half of Congress can cheer race-baiting radio stars and a president who demonizes immigrants.

And it's the kind of country where a president's speechwriters can just give up on the whole speechwriting thing to list a bunch of randomly famous American names to wind up one final Trumpian state of the union.

"This is the home of Abraham Lincoln, Frederick Douglass, Amelia Earhart, Harriet Tubman, the Wright Brothers, Neil Armstrong, and so many more," Trump said as his speechwriting staff threw in the towel. "This is the country where children learn names like Wyatt Earp, Davy Crockett, and Annie Oakley."

One day they will learn the name of Donald Trump too. He's the guy who put kids in cages, watched TV all day, and made a Space Force. He got caught lying and cheating but there were no referees, so he never stopped."

Richard Wolffe is a Guardian US columnist
bearister
The Night of the Long Knives Redux

B.A. Bearacus
tequila4kapp
If you hold a position that serves at the pleasure of the president you better be damn sure before participating in an effort to get the president impeached.
bearister
tequila4kapp said:

If you hold a position that serves at the pleasure of the president you better be damn sure before participating in an effort to get the president impeached.

...I think Stormy did that....until her back went out.
First Page Last Page
Page 126 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.